Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Do You Think I'm a Bad Man?

After Michaela’s courtroom tactics do more harm than help, Annalise draws on memories of Sam to guide Michaela back to the winning path. Meanwhile, Connor bites off more than he can chew in his effort to reunite a family, forcing Tegan to call in a favor and fix his mess. Frank enlists Oliver’s help to follow a lead on Laurel; and Gabriel learns new information about Michaela’s birth father.

Airdate: Thursday, October 10, 2019

Good lord, these people are bumbling idiots.  They shouldn't be attorneys, let alone representing people.  They make the three stooges look competent.

How have they managed to cover up so many murders?

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Man they are doing a REALLY good job of making me root for Annalise to fake her death and rat out the whole gang(minus Tegan). In no way are ANY of them ready for the real world of law and how they treat people is just ridiculous. Frank is a moron and I'm really hoping that they off him so that we can be done with that whole stupid storyline. I don't care about him and Laurel. So Tegan is still technically married which is interesting. I wish we had gotten to hear more about that instead of cutting to Frank & his" journey" to rescue his "damsel in distress". I knew that Bonnie was working with Nate & I hope that Tegan is taking to hart the "keep your friends close and enemies closer" line. I feel like they showed Connor a picture of Oliver but I don't think he's the informant. On another topic can we get a Tegan spinoff? She is just so kick ass & her handling of the immigrant child was heartwarming. 

• Love 5

O-kay, that ending was unsettling...

So I'm just going to focus on the happy outcome of Connor's case instead. Yes. Not a bright move to take the boy across state lines, no, knowing all that was at risk, but still, I'm glad that the mother and her son are reunited and will be safe. And Bonnie and Tegan working together as they did was neat.

Interesting angle Annalise suggested to Michaela for her case, but an odd way to make that point, yes. I liked Michaela's eagerness to take her first case, but yeah, she definitely needs some more finesse.

(Also, Asher, seriously, chill.)

I knew Frank going into that abandoned warehouse was a bad idea.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Annalise, Bonnie, and Frank. Enough said.

Seriously, I like these characters, but I don't feel like many of them are fit to be lawyers. Connor's issue is caring too much, so his feelings start to get in the way of his potential. 

Yawn at the Gabriel stuff. Yada yada yada, you're a good person or a bad person. Who cares? Next.

Asher, I get you want to be Michaela's wingman, but maybe cool it on the Rah Rah Do What Professor Pratt Says stuff. 

Frank's gonna do something real stupid...oh wait, he kind of did.

Tegan is married. Huh. 

I am still on board the Annalise Fakes Her Death train, but now I have to wonder if all of them are in on it and helping out. Judging by the flashforwards, it feels like Michaela, and now Connor, are merely distractions for some bigger plan.

Speaking of, hello Connor! This feels like the first flashforward sequence where we actually end up knowing where he is early on. Well, besides with the first season. All the other times, he's been one of the last people to show up. 

Now, the question is if his medical emergency in the flashforwards is real or a ploy. If we are to believe that Annalise has faked her death and the Keating 5 are in on it, then it's fake. And, unfortunately, I couldn't even fake being concerned because I'm truly convinced that it's a distraction to a bigger plan. I don't believe Connor's medical emergency is real. I know we've seen him freak out and have a full blown panic attack before, but this....I don't know, I'm really believing that it's all fake. And I'm not really sure why I really believe that it's fake. It really might be a real freak-out from Connor.

• Love 5

I'm thinking that freakout was fake, too, yeah. That laugh right beforehand sounded like what somebody thinks someone who's going insane is supposed to sound like. 

I also agree that if Annalise faked her death, the gang all knows about it and is in on it. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I'm thinking that freakout was fake, too, yeah. That laugh right beforehand sounded like what somebody thinks someone who's going insane is supposed to sound like. 

Although...to be fair, Connor freaked out like this way back in season 1, after Wes killed Sam and they were dealing with the body. But still, it did feel more over the top than that time. And I'm still convinced it's completely fake.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Good lord, these people are bumbling idiots.  They shouldn't be attorneys, let alone representing people.  They make the three stooges look competent.

I swear I never seen any of them do anything that resembles actually studying doing their whole time in law school. I’m not in law school but I’m sure it isn’t just like HTGAWM. But like that say. Hollywood is more entertaining than real life. 🙃 I swear a body or two of the main characters better drop in the series finale. 

Edited by Simba122504
  • Love 5

I almost thought Connor thought they were going to show him a picture of deadSam, and he started laughing from relief that it wasn't deadSam; then, though, he started having a (probably fake) panic attack, and I wasn't so sure.  He was so cute with Hector and his mom.

I like Oliver flirting a little with Frank (I'll never forget when Frank said to the gang in the first or second season that he'd fuck Oliver over Connor any day).  I don't like Frank's embroilment in the Laurel bullshit.  In fact, I hope Laurel's the dead informant, leaving Christopher to be raised by two cute gay dads.

I'm sorry, but why is Nate suddenly on Tegan's jock this season?  He has been completely useless for at least three seasons, aside from (basically) murdering an innocent man.  He better not be right about Tegan because Tegan is magic and Nate totally sucks.

I guess we now know the real reason Annalise picked Michaela for the Keating 5.  It was really hard to sympathize with her client.

Yes, Gabriel, I do think you're a bad man.  And certainly a bad character.  I sincerely hope a helicopter falls on you and your psycho mom.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

He has been completely useless for at least three seasons, aside from (basically) murdering an innocent man.  He better not be right about Tegan because Tegan is magic and Nate totally sucks.

For me, Nate's been useless for the last five seasons. He's really had no use and every season, I wonder when he's going to drop dead or leave town or something. 

He's such a pointless character. Even when they gave him his storyline with his dad, I felt like it was pointless.

• Love 3

Are Analisa and Vivian still in love with Sam?  Because despite their claims, it seems they are still fighting over a dead man.

I want the K-5 to die or end up in prison.  I would also like to find out if Analise had an ulterior motive for picking these morons.

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, Simba122504 said:

I swear I never seen any of them do anything that resembles actually studying doing their whole time in law school. I’m not in law school but I’m sure it isn’t just like HTGAWM. But like that say. Hollywood is more entertaining than real life. 🙃 I swear a body or two of the main characters better drop in the series finale. 

I always forget they're in school. There was one episode where they pointed out that most of them were doing poorly academically. Like, did Connor miss the rest of his classes driving to Maryland and back?

• Love 2

You know guys, maybe if you ever had time to actually some law, you wouldn't make these kinds of mistakes! Its clear that the kids need a LOT more help before they become lawyers for real, and maybe some nights classes. And no murder covers ups, or your all going to bed without supper!

Connor made a dumb move, but at least it was out of compassion, he just cares so much and gets so fiery, that it creates problems. Glad that it at least worked out, that kid is so cute! 

Why does Nate have such a Tegan hate on? In fact, why is Nate even still a thing? 

I like when Frank and Oliver work together, they're very different personalities compliment each other really well. I also laughed when Oliver was saying how Bonnie never liked Laurel. 

So was Connor actually having a massive freak out, or is this all part of a plan? I still think that Annalise faked her own death, everyone is in on it, and Michaela and Connor are just the distraction while she fucks off to some beach somewhere. On the other hand, Connor does have a history of having massive league freak outs when in highly emotional situations, so maybe its for real? 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Why does Nate have such a Tegan hate on? In fact, why is Nate even still a thing? 

Maybe he's jealous of the chemistry between her and Annalise. I'd really hoped we wouldn't have to hear Nate go on about his "pops" anymore. Those feds new exactly the right button to push with him... leaning towards him as the dead informant.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, dmeets said:

Maybe he's jealous of the chemistry between her and Annalise. I'd really hoped we wouldn't have to hear Nate go on about his "pops" anymore. Those feds new exactly the right button to push with him... leaning towards him as the dead informant.

giphy.gif

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Aw man, this show is getting to be a damn chore to watch.  How disappointing. It went one season too long.  Stick a fork in it, people.  Because it is done. 

Anything to do with Gabriel, Vivian, Nate, Laurel & Laurel's family :

index.jpg.3e32f16c1a99b9b27906440d47eba90b.jpg

index.jpg.295190641d8f3cf8bcf1c3e0124eef18.jpg

I could do with a hell of a lot more screen time of the K-5 minus Laurel (K-4)  because they are the characters that I am invested in.  The rest can all suck it.  Other than Annalise, of course.  And Tegan because she is just all kinds of awesome and striking to look at.  Same reason Frank can stay.  Because he's  so pretty and I like to look at him.  Bonnie, I can still handle, I suppose. 

But man, Show, what a way to go out.  Putting your loyal viewers through this boring nonsense involving a bunch of rando characters that just showed up  the ass end of the series. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Are Analisa and Vivian still in love with Sam?  Because despite their claims, it seems they are still fighting over a dead man.

Vivian is a dumb as a pile of rocks.  As I remember the story, Annalise was Sam's patient and Sam basically sexually abused her, which is all kinds of wrong.  So if Vivian thinks Annalise was in the wrong, then I'm surprised she can breathe and walk at the same time.  Her husband took advantage of a vulnerable woman he was supposed to be helping and she's pissed at Annalise.  What a loon!

• Love 11

Connor could be faking it.  That's entirely possible.

But on the other hand,  this is just an extreme version of how he freaks out.   And full disclosure laughter is always for some reason how I respond to terror/ grief/ shock before another symptom kicks in. 

From wikipedia: Unhealthy or "nervous" laughter comes from the throat. This nervous laughter is not true laughter, but an expression of tension and anxiety. Instead of relaxing a person, nervous laughter tightens them up even further. 

Still hate Gabriel but boy that actor can cry. His mom needs to go though. 

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 2

Well, Michaela's dad being the lawyer and not the client is a twist I didn't see coming. Looking forward to her freaking out Annalise again, cuz I have to admit that's been a fun trend this season.

I'm leaning towards Connor's panic attack being real on account of a) this sort of thing happening to him before and b) Jack Falahee might be a good actor but the character of Connor is not. Not convinced any which way who they showed him a picture of. My first thought was Sam, and he freaked over the idea of every single thing coming crashing down on top of him, but then realized there wouldn't be a picture of Sam's body. Unless Annalise has been playing them the whole time and had her own file of evidence stashed to use against them when the walls closed in.

I'm still not sure about Annalise faking her death. I don't think she dies as a result of whatever happens on Fire Poker Murder Night, but the lack of the show's signature countdown clock is still getting to me. We know that whatever happens happens on graduation, which is in a little less than three months show time now, but still. They left that device out for a reason.

I don't know what point Nate thinks he's proving with that picture of Tegan and Jorge, or any of the other straws he's been grasping at. The only suspicious thing we've seen from her is her rather callous reaction to Emmett's death, but that's not enough to convince me she's in on something. I agree with others that Nate has far outstayed his welcome. If he was even the slightest bit genre savvy he'd realize how lucky he is to still be alive and hightail it somewhere tropical before that luck runs out.

Bonnie realizing she could use the Hector/Marisol situation to get into Tegan's good graces was the Bon Bon I know and love.

Gabriel, a character who's only been on the show one season, and Vivian, a character who just joined the show this season, having an emotional conversation about the death of a character we've never met was...something. Why does the show think I care about any of this?

Best line of the episode: "All you Annalise people are crazy." Tegan, you're still the best.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, Dancingjaneway said:

I also forgot to add that I feel like the detail of Tegan's "wife" being part of homeland security was a red herring to make us think that she is the informant.  Same with that picture of her and papa Castillos. 

I think/hope the only thing Tegan is guilty of is being ambitious. Nate is an awful detective. It’s a well known fact that C & G and Tegan represented Jorge. That picture means nothing.

23 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Seriously, I like these characters, but I don't feel like many of them are fit to be lawyers. Connor's issue is caring too much, so his feelings start to get in the way of his potential. 

Frank's gonna do something real stupid...oh wait, he kind of did.

Tegan is married. Huh. 

I am still on board the Annalise Fakes Her Death train, but now I have to wonder if all of them are in on it and helping out. Judging by the flashforwards, it feels like Michaela, and now Connor, are merely distractions for some bigger plan.

Speaking of, hello Connor! This feels like the first flashforward sequence where we actually end up knowing where he is early on. Well, besides with the first season. All the other times, he's been one of the last people to show up. 

Now, the question is if his medical emergency in the flashforwards is real or a ploy. If we are to believe that Annalise has faked her death and the Keating 5 are in on it, then it's fake. And, unfortunately, I couldn't even fake being concerned because I'm truly convinced that it's a distraction to a bigger plan. I don't believe Connor's medical emergency is real. I know we've seen him freak out and have a full blown panic attack before, but this....I don't know, I'm really believing that it's all fake. And I'm not really sure why I really believe that it's fake. It really might be a real freak-out from Connor.

I do think Connor is the only one close to being semi  competent at least in the HTGAWM world, but yes, he’s a bleeding heart and that causes him to make mistakes.

I go back and forth on the panic attack. I think it hinges on who is in the photo they show. I don’t think it’s Annalise. In Connors case I go back and forth as to whether it’s Oliver, but I’m leaning towards it not being Oliver. For one thing I think Connor and Oliver are end game for Pete Nowalk. For another I think out of all the characters Oliver is the one they would all be genuinely upset about. So yeah, Pete could say “hell with it, it’s the last season, let’s kill Oliver off”, I kinda don’t think they do. I think Connor is either just so relieved he goes into full blown hysteria or he’s faking to buy the K4 time.

22 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Although...to be fair, Connor freaked out like this way back in season 1, after Wes killed Sam and they were dealing with the body. But still, it did feel more over the top than that time. And I'm still convinced it's completely fake.

I’m leaning towards a fake out as well.

18 hours ago, NUguy514 said:

I almost thought Connor thought they were going to show him a picture of deadSam, and he started laughing from relief that it wasn't deadSam; then, though, he started having a (probably fake) panic attack, and I wasn't so sure.  He was so cute with Hector and his mom.

I like Oliver flirting a little with Frank (I'll never forget when Frank said to the gang in the first or second season that he'd fuck Oliver over Connor any day).  I don't like Frank's embroilment in the Laurel bullshit.  In fact, I hope Laurel's the dead informant, leaving Christopher to be raised by two cute gay dads.

I'm sorry, but why is Nate suddenly on Tegan's jock this season?  He has been completely useless for at least three seasons, aside from (basically) murdering an innocent man.  He better not be right about Tegan because Tegan is magic and Nate totally sucks.

I guess we now know the real reason Annalise picked Michaela for the Keating 5.  It was really hard to sympathize with her client.

Nate is seriously team bad decisions and the world worst detective. It was his stupid idea that sent Rebecca to try and get info from Sam’s laptop. It was his bad detective skills that got them thinking Miller killed his dad & got him killed. Tegan in an old photo that’s a matter of public record, with a long term client means NOTHING. It’d be more suspicious if the internet had been scrubbed of any relationship between Tegan and Jorge.

as for Michaela and her true father, that’s interesting. Now I’m wondering if her bio dad set that D Halpern guy up to kill Michaela’s mom to cover up something. I also wonder how Telesco got those tapes of Sam’s therapy sessions with AK. Hannah maybe?

Frank is being spectacularly stupid chasing after Laurel. It was beyond stupid to go to that warehouse alone. I’m glad Bonnie told him to stop using her as a conciliation prize. (BTW why would single Bonnie cook so much food? Was she hoping the K4 would drop in?)

I honestly hope Laurel is dead. She’s useless and annoying.

12 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

I want the K-5 to die or end up in prison.  I would also like to find out if Analise had an ulterior motive for picking these morons.

I don’t think Annalise is, but I do think Vivian is. At the very least I think Vivian still idolizes the idea of Sam. 

3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Vivian is a dumb as a pile of rocks.  As I remember the story, Annalise was Sam's patient and Sam basically sexually abused her, which is all kinds of wrong.  So if Vivian thinks Annalise was in the wrong, then I'm surprised she can breathe and walk at the same time.  Her husband took advantage of a vulnerable woman he was supposed to be helping and she's pissed at Annalise.  What a loon!

Vivian truly exhibits crack head behavior.  Poor decision making all around. She still seems to want to believe Sam was a good man and somehow she’s in competition with Annalise over him. Even Gabriel was looking at her like she was nuts. 

So so now that we have Connor falling out, my guess is we won’t see whether Oliver is alive or not until the midwinter break. 

• Love 3

Yes, Gabriel, I do think you're a bad man.  And certainly a bad character.  I sincerely hope a helicopter falls on you and your psycho mom.

I actually started laughing during his big scene when he started to cry. Rome Flynn is pretty and has a 100-watt smile but IMO he can't act to save his life. Or Gabriel's. Good on the producers for trying to give him some Emmy reel moments though.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 10/11/2019 at 7:16 PM, Neurochick said:

Her husband took advantage of a vulnerable woman he was supposed to be helping and she's pissed at Annalise.  What a loon!

She seems to have very selective memories, even of conversations that just happened! When she heard "Sam cheated on me and took advantage of a vulnerable women and left me and our son" she mentally changed that to "Sam was shamelessly seduced by this evil harlot who used your magical sex powers to force him to leave me, and is now turning her evil powers to force my adult son to take her class." Its bizarre! Sam was a trash person, stop acting like he was some awesome guy victimized by evil Annalise. Thats not what went down, so stop acting like she is some villain you have to vanquish!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 9
On 10/11/2019 at 4:16 AM, NUguy514 said:

I like Oliver flirting a little with Frank (I'll never forget when Frank said to the gang in the first or second season that he'd fuck Oliver over Connor any day).  

I literally LOL'd when we saw the workout video playing on the teevee, followed by the slow pan to the right to show...Oliver, lounging on the couch eating crunchy snacks.

• Love 2

Connor tells the kid's social worker that he'd like to reunite him with his mom for just a minute and instead of the social worker saying, "That's a really bad idea. Absolutely DO NOT do that," (s)he says, "Sure. You have my blessing." And then rats him out? What in actual fuck? That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Eh, parts of this felt a bit filler to me. 

They need to finish up the Laurel storyline and give Frank something else to do.

They need to drop Nate's vendetta to Tegan because I do think most viewers prefer her to him.

They need to give Asher any storyline at this rate.

They need to ditch Gabriel and his mother but that doesn't seem likely.

The Connor and Michaela cases were good, I loved the flash forward scene at the end and Annalise's scenes Tegan were also good.

Other than that, too filler at times, 6/10

What happened with Frank? I just saw him walking into the 'safe house' that's actually a freaky looking old warehouse.  Why would Laurel step foot in there, much less let her kid stay there for 5 minutes

• Love 1
19 hours ago, jabRI said:

What happened with Frank? I just saw him walking into the 'safe house' that's actually a freaky looking old warehouse.  Why would Laurel step foot in there, much less let her kid stay there for 5 minutes

We don’t know if Laurel is there. We saw a crib and Laurel’s brother Xavier and probably a henchman. It’s possible that Xavier paid the cab driver to say that’s where he dropped Laurel off. Looks like they beat Frank up. We don’t know much more than that.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

I'm confused: how did Gabriel kill his mom's boyfriend, Paul? Is that something we know?

At the end of last season, Gabe told Micheala that he supplied the drugs that a Paul OD’d on. 

• Love 1