Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Let’s Talk About Dr Phil the Show

Lola16
  • Start Topic

Was it just me or my TV or what?   The serial killer guy went to commercial break and when they came back there was a completely different lady with a different problem.

If anything needed 2 episodes, it was the serial killer guy.  Did I hear he has written a book?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Was it just me or my TV or what?   The serial killer guy went to commercial break and when they came back there was a completely different lady with a different problem.

If anything needed 2 episodes, it was the serial killer guy.  Did I hear he has written a book?

Yes, he has.  The Shawcross Letters, My Journey Into the Mind of Evil.

Unfortunately, in the case of the 15 year old criminal, unless he's emancipated, (Dr. Phil should research that, it's not that easy), the parents will have to support him until he's 18.   Unless they changed the rules in the past few years.   

A friend's bratty daughter wanted to be emancipated, and found out she didn't qualify, and then told her mother that she wanted her to give her up to foster care.    The mother was told she would have to pay support until the girl turned 18, so that didn't happen either.  

I love Phil saying that stuff about mandated reporter, since he hasn't had a license for years.    Unless everyone is a mandated reporter in his state, then he isn't.   

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Oh my God!  Take away HER PHONE!!

This NEVER even occurs to these dumbass parents.   Where is the law that says a child is owed a smart phone right along with food and clothing????

Cleary, today's show parent is too stupid to breed.

And now he's playing softball with this idiot woman... hey Schill, way to be consistent.

Edited by zillabreeze
  • Love 5

Oh, my head.  Gracie may be 15 but looks like a 30 year old trailer park slag -- she is also a dead ringer for what I imagine Honey Boo Boo will look like in about 5 years.  I only lasted the first 10 minutes because watching that heifer yell made my blood pressure soar.  The mother needs some parenting tips too, from what I heard before I bailed.  The mother seems to pin her daughters problem on daddy issues.  Whatever.  I have zero empathy for that explanation.  This Gracie has issues but the daddy thing just seems too easy.   Maybe I'll check back here later to find out what Phil determined Gracie's underlying issue to be.

I don't have kids but if my kid showed me their ass like that Gracie does, they'd have a room with a mattress on the floor and a big calendar where I'd be crossing off each day as they got closer to turning 18.   I'd also recommend some self-defense classes for that mom so she could have a fighting chance against Gracie because she must have 100 lbs on the mother.   

Edited by patty1h
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, patty1h said:

Oh, my head.  Gracie may be 15 but looks like a 30 year old trailer park slag -- she is also a dead ringer for what I imagine Honey Boo Boo will look like in about 5 years.  I only lasted the first 10 minutes because watching that heifer yell made my blood pressure soar.  The mother needs some parenting tips too, from what I heard before I bailed.  The mother seems to pin her daughters problem on daddy issues.  Whatever.  I have zero empathy for that explanation.  This Gracie has issues but the daddy thing just seems too easy.   Maybe I'll check back here later to find out what Phil determined Gracie's underlying issue to be.

I don't have kids but if my kid showed me their ass like that Gracie does, they'd have a room with a mattress on the floor and a big calendar where I'd be crossing off each day as they got closer to turning 18.   I'd also recommend some self-defense classes for that mom so she could have a fighting chance against Gracie because she must have 100 lbs on the mother.   

Gonna bet the kitchen is stuffed with soda and crap food, too.

• Love 3

Not doubt the shoes are the latest.   Where are the ho clothes coming from?  What size is the bedroom flat screen for vid games all night??? So many questions...

You can't lock a bedroom door that's not there....

Schill always talks about someone's "currency".  I'm having no trouble identifying all kinds of currency for this nasty brat.

• Love 4

There were two parts where it seemed like she just there so she could be on TV and/or be the next "cash me outside": her sappy-sounding letter to Dr. Phil vs. how she acted on stage and the laugh in her voice when she called her mother a bitch in the home footage. Her mother looked like she was only in her early 30s.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, iHateAmpersands said:

There were two parts where it seemed like she just there so she could be on TV and/or be the next "cash me outside": her sappy-sounding letter to Dr. Phil vs. how she acted on stage and the laugh in her voice when she called her mother a bitch in the home footage. Her mother looked like she was only in her early 30s.

Her mother said she had her when she was 14.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Monie said:

What... no magic potions today??!!

I could have watched today?!? I haven't been tuning in because I didn't want to see an infomercial of Robin's potions. 

In some states the age of majority is 19. Here in Colorado your precious snowflake can quit school at 17, leave home at 18 and thanks to our legislators still be a minor at age 19. 

Edited by Showthyme
21 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Not doubt the shoes are the latest.   Where are the ho clothes coming from?  What size is the bedroom flat screen for vid games all night??? So many questions...

You can't lock a bedroom door that's not there....

Schill always talks about someone's "currency".  I'm having no trouble identifying all kinds of currency for this nasty brat.

Back in the day , Mr.DNR got angered by one of littleDNR’s particular teenage antics...out came the flat-head screwdriver & a hammer and OFF came little’s bedroom door.  Needless to say, littleDNR became an angel ? 

what is with these doormat parents on Dr.Shill ? You’re not their buddy - show ‘em who’s boss and Tough Love it if you’ve gotta !  Trust me , they will thank you one day. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, DNR said:

Back in the day , Mr.DNR got angered by one of littleDNR’s particular teenage antics...out came the flat-head screwdriver & a hammer and OFF came little’s bedroom door.  Needless to say, littleDNR became an angel ? 

what is with these doormat parents on Dr.Shill ? You’re not their buddy - show ‘em who’s boss and Tough Love it if you’ve gotta !  Trust me , they will thank you one day. 

Mr.DNR clearly understands the job scope .  I've known a few Parents to strip a room down to mattress, khaki pants, polo shirts & a selection of classic literature ON PAPER.   Works like a charm.

The threat of a trip to a horse ranch wouldn't work on me, that sounds like heaven.   Then again, my parents would not have drained a bank account for a "horse therapy" when removal of stereo, albums and car keys got my immediate attention.

• Love 4

Was it bad I couldn't tell if the audience was clapping for today's mother or daughter?  I seriously could not tell who they were cheering for.  I also do not understand the case, nobody told the daughter anything?  For years?  The father was nice to the daughter and mean to the son?

Was there any reported history of abuse?

• Love 2
18 hours ago, amacmom said:

Sorry to hear that Jack Trimarco passed. While I don't think a polygraph is the golden ticket to the truth, he did a good job at what he was asked to do.

@chenoa333, I looked up the obit this morning.  Pancreatic cancer.  I know too many people fighting that.  Sad.

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, b2H said:

@chenoa333, I looked up the obit this morning.  Pancreatic cancer.  I know too many people fighting that.  Sad.

Yes, the article I read said he was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer but no mention of the specific type of cancer. Although I could be wrong, it typically IS pancreatic cancer that is already advanced when discovered and it isn't long before the end. He was married with 3 adult daughters. He always seemed like a very kind and gentle person.

Today's episode sounds boring: "Chrysta says her fiancee Bobby is the most romantic, loving man she's ever met." (That's what they all say before the wedding! Lol!)

• Love 2
On 9/4/2018 at 3:19 PM, patty1h said:

I just saw this episode today.  Made me so happy I decided not to have children.

On 9/4/2018 at 5:59 PM, chenoa333 said:

Lol! Loved Robin walking off set in her bedazzled jeans!

As far as today's episode...same $hit, just another episode.

I thought she looked gaunt.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

The story of Chrysta and Bobby will not be pleasant, just warning you.

Oh $hit! 6 minutes in and I'm already thanking you for the warning. F'n animal abusers need to be tortured before they go to hell. I'm waiting for the obvious child abuse accusations. 

3 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Omg, her legs looked like breakable little twigs! And the camera adds 10 lbs. Why isn't this woman eating? 

She is way too skinny. Something is wrong with her. And it's not Dr. Phil.

• Love 3

Sorry for the loss of Jack Tremarco.  He seemed like a nice man.  The only thing I can say is thank goodness the McGraws had the common decency not to hawk Mrs. McGraw's skin miracles at the end of the show.  It is the first time they actually showed some good taste.  If it had been anyone else I'm sure we would have been subjected to the usual pitch.  They go from some traumatic story with people devastated and wanting some help to jolly, jolly giving away skin creams.  It is so tacky and tasteless.

• Love 12

wow thats so sad about mr trimarco. Ok so todays show (I rarely get to watch), but this woman says I moved my boyfriend and his 4 year old in with me and my 2 kids a month after we met??

Not to sound like Dr Phil but "are you kidding me??" Why do people have to move someone in with innocent kids a few weeks after meeting. I just dont get it. 6 months-a year-maybe--but a few weeks???

• Love 7

I think Dr Phil was out of his element on this one.  You don’t want to say kids are evil, but this child needs serious help.  I have seen this story play out on one of those ID Network shows, Evil Lives Here, I think.  What they described almost completely followed the same events of that show and that kid grew up to be a mass shooter if memory serves.  Sometimes, institutionalization may be the best path.  It’s hearbreaking and I wish he didn’t experience the neglect he did in early life, but sometimes people are too far gone.

Edited by For Cereals
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Omg, her legs looked like breakable little twigs! And the camera adds 10 lbs. Why isn't this woman eating? 

Maybe she can be a guest/patient on Shill's show...Topic of the day "My wife suffers from body dysmorphia and anorexia"!!

• Love 4

Robin really does look quite frail and unwell.  I hope she is OK.

Wow, this boy sounds like serious trouble!  I think his only (small) hope is that they can find something wrong yet fixable in his brain.  Unfortunately, cases like this involved a lot of intense work with the family and I just don't think the two parents we saw are capable of what it's going to take. 

• Love 2

The schedule for the first week of the 17th season:

Monday: Exclusive: The Model, the Hitman and the Victim

An interview with model Tara Lambert, who was convicted of hiring a hit man to kill her husband's former flame; the intended victim and the woman Tara called to set up the hit also speak.

Tuesday: If Looks Could Kill: Inside the Model Murder-for-Hire Sting

The exclusive interview with Tara Lambert, the former model at the center of a dramatic murder-for-hire plot continues; the undercover police sting video; Tara's ex-husband, Brandon Lambert, speaks out.

Wednesday: We're Alcoholics, but We're Great Parents

Renee and Lee insist their 6-year-old granddaughter is not safe in the care of her severely alcoholic parents, Chris and Jessica; Dr. Phil shows them shocking footage of what his cameras captured during Chris and Jessica's home interviews.

Thursday: Mystery at Sea: What Happened to Actress Natalie Wood?

Yachting with husband Robert Wagner and actor Christopher Walken, actress Natalie Wood somehow ends up drowned in the Pacific in the dead of night; her sister, Lana Wood, insists she was murdered.

Friday: Mystery at Sea: The Captain Speaks, Claims Hollywood Star Natalie Wood's Death Was No Accident

Inside actress Natalie Wood's final hours; the boat captain says he witnessed a fight between her and her husband, Robert Wagner, and believes she was murdered.

• Love 1

I can't believe this fame whore is exploiting Natalie Wood's death. 

The poor woman died in 1981 I think, and they're dragging up the same old information again.     If that's the captain of the boat they were on, he's been interviewed a ton of times over the years, and nothing changes.      I guess Dr. P. thinks someone will call in, and confess.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I can't believe this fame whore is exploiting Natalie Wood's death. 

The poor woman died in 1981 I think, and they're dragging up the same old information again.     If that's the captain of the boat they were on, he's been interviewed a ton of times over the years, and nothing changes.      I guess Dr. P. thinks someone will call in, and confess.  

It's not just $chill.  For whatever reason, the case has cropped up on ID channel and something like 20/20 lately.

Clearly, Wagner knows the truth.  Christopher Walken probably does, too.

Regardless,  everytime $chill teases these (ripped from the headlines) interviews, he acts like someone is gonna break & confess to him when they haven't before.   Get over yourself, dumbass, you ain't Andy Sipowitz .

Edited by zillabreeze
  • Love 8

I think it keeps coming up because certain people keep making charges that they couldn't prove then, and never will, but it's to get their faces on TV again, and revive their defunct careers.       My guess is that if Wagner gave the people who come forward, and keep making allegations a few million, then all of the 'new evidence' would never be heard of again, and their outrage would be gone, but I'm positive he won't do that.          When there have been two police investigations that proved nothing, but three people got drunk and had a loud argument, and then one went to bed early, and later ended up in the water, what do they think they're going to prove now?     

And the mysterious people who keep saying they heard someone calling for help all of those years ago, and couldn't even call the police for help?    They are despicable.     One phone call might have saved someone's life, and they didn't make the effort.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

And the mysterious people who keep saying they heard someone calling for help all of those years ago, and couldn't even call the police for help?    They are despicable.     One phone call might have saved someone's life, and they didn't make the effort.

This is what always destroyed me regarding Kitty Genovese.  :(

• Love 3

Exactly right.   With this case, or the Kitty Genovese case, and others where people did nothing to get help for someone in trouble, I don't know how they live with themselves. 

I know this is off the main topic, but years ago my family rented our house out, and then came back to a neighborhood uproar.    The snotty woman across the street was near the window one afternoon when a neighbor behind her was mowing.    All of a sudden there was the loud noise the mowers make when they hit something.    The man had hit his foot, and triggered a heart attack.    The neighbor admitted she heard the noise, but didn't even look out the window to see if things were OK, and the man died after the heart attack.    The strange thing was that woman was always peering out her windows, and you couldn't do anything without her talking about it, so no one believe she didn't notice what happened, and she just didn't care enough about other people to make a phone call for help.     She actually seemed to think that she did the right thing.    Within a couple of years they moved out of the neighborhood, and everyone was glad to see them leave. 

She always reminded me of the interviews I saw with the Genovese attack witnesses, who all thought there was nothing wrong with seeing someone being brutally attacked, and killed, and do nothing.   

The so-called witnesses in Catalina that night remind me of those people too.   I think Catalina has always been a big party place, and I've heard that wild parties on the boats are quite normal, but you would think someone calling for help would at least get a response.    

As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing Lana Wood or anyone who wasn't near Catalina can add to what happened.     I'm not sure that the sisters were that close anyway.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
On 9/4/2018 at 1:19 PM, patty1h said:

Damn! I missed that crapfest!  I'm sure it will be re-run on OWN someday soon. 

Today is part 2 of part 1 that I didn't watch yesterday.

Phil's head is starting to look like a gigantic flesh colored egg. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Damn! I missed that crapfest!  I'm sure it will be re-run on OWN someday soon. 

Today is part 2 of part 1 that I didn't watch yesterday.

Phil's head is starting to look like a gigantic flesh colored egg. 

Today's part 2 was basically re-running everything from yesterday....over and over again!!

• Love 1
On 5/1/2015 at 8:30 PM, PsychoKlown said:

I won't rehash all that was said but I truly believe there is something wrong with Kaye mentally.  The way she lashed out at everyone really surprised me but I think she has a lot of practice in that respect.  The words came too easily to her - when I'm hell-fired angry I am at a loss for words and sputter.  Not Kaye.  Those vile words rolled right off her tongue. 

On a side note - I did think she was a pretty woman whose beauty was hidden because of her vicious tongue.

On the last side note - I was impressed with Kaye, that no matter how angry she was with the Dr., her stepdaughter or the audience she had presence of mind to artfully drape her handkerchief so that Dr. Phil's logo was prominently displayed.  Kudos to her.

I've only just seen the first episode and wow! This woman came out with both barrels blazing and her mouth running a mile a minute! She's keeping the right ones out and letting the wrong ones in. I believe the daughter when she says that it was her father's money, his financial legacy, that she sent to that scammer in Nigeria. I believe the daughter because the stepmother is obviously fibbing about so many things.

She's making excuses saying that she doesn't care about money or she doesn't think she will live long, but the bottom line is that she's probably got a lot of years left and she's got to eat.  Most likely her daughter and her stepdaughter will be picking up her slack. 

One thing all of these women have in common is that they've got wide safety nets. Sure, it will suck for her to have to live in a room in her daughter's house, but it's better than being homeless. The one I really feel sorry for is her daughter.

About the handkerchief, she did indeed have panache. Too bad she couldn't find a real fellow closer to her own age to be happy with.

I wonder how these women are doing now? This was filmed in 2013. My guess is MIL is alive and well and living off her beleaguered daughter who struggles to take care of her own family as well as dear old mother.

I'd be interested studying the commonalities of these women who give it all away to these catfish. I'm thinking narcissism for one thing. They just don't care what their kids think or how they will react. They're comparatively okay with winding up dead broke and falling onto the good graces of their children. (Nobody is okay with it, but it will stop most people from making such terrible and unrealistic decisions.)

On 9/6/2018 at 6:07 PM, bichonblitz said:

She's not eating.

• Love 1
On 9/6/2018 at 8:41 PM, nlkm9 said:

Not to sound like Dr Phil but "are you kidding me??" Why do people have to move someone in with innocent kids a few weeks after meeting. I just dont get it. 6 months-a year-maybe--but a few weeks???

I don't get it, either. I was so frustrated with this episode. How dare that mother subject her children to that. Was she too stupid to see this guy had a problem child? I blame the father, too. You move in with a woman (that you barely know) and her kids knowing that you have a kid that is going to disrupt and possibly harm everybody's life. Where do they get these joker from?

• Love 8