Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Out Of The Blue

• Start Topic

On 10/1/2019 at 10:35 PM, renatae said:

As for Omar, he's been coming off pretty passive, but as soon as they were married and her mother said she didn't want Avery to go to Syria, he got this look on his face which said "I don't give a rat's ass what you think, we're doing it our way." The same look he got on his face when Avery said she wouldn't be quiet. He has no intention of letting her have her own way.

Avery's got some well-earned tough love comin' her way. And I got the impression Teri washed her hands of it as she walked away and was in fact gloating that her kid was going to get what she asked for. I don't think Teri's going to bail her out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
Spoiler

Kill me now.. Jennifer is such a bad person  who is a woman...I am now convinced that creepy guy Tim is gay (like I said.. that is no problem with me).. but JESUS, the eyebrows.. you couldn't give me a million dollars to sleep with that nerd/creep

I went out last night and had a few glasses of wine.. BEN IS A JACKASS.. He thinks he's holier than though... I don't like Akini, but Ben is an asshole

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I think both Tim and Jennifer are waiting to be discovered.  I can’t stand Jennifer.  She thinks she’s the cats meow, and she’s not that gorgeous.  She’s picking all these high rides to go on and I don’t blame him for not wanting to go on.  She’s got some hell of an attitude.

I agree 100%. Both of them can go away so they'll probably get a second season. 

• Love 4

Martinyi was very disappointed that Benji wouldn't let her drink despite the fact that she gets amnesia from a single glass. He's not controlling, really, he's just a suitor laying down his deal-breakers. Whatever they are. They are his and I can't judge him for it. Now is the time to kill this disaster in the egg. "She's everything I thought she'd be and more" - what? She has all the charisma of a 9 yr old. Maybe Ben is mentally 9, too. It was nice to see him cry for his son rather than himself.

Omar looks bored with Avery. He has nothing to say to her. He wasn't emotional when he married her, he's not emotional when she's  leaving. "I never lie" says the guy who lied about being in America 

The Sahara desert drive was so mahch byotifaaaal. Zied is far moahr narvahs and excite for marry Rebicca than Omar was with Avery. 

Seizure Salad will not learn a thing and I am here to watch Candyman's delusional tears.

Baloney-Benjamin bought fancy stuff at the store (toilet paper! 5 lbs flour!) and by that I mean fancier than what he's buying back home. He is sweating at the prospect of being married immediately after paying the bride price. He says he has two choices, not showing up or showing up and ending up married  Couldn't he negotiate a super low price like a pack of ramen?

Tom won't show Darcey where he lives and has the lamest excuse for it  Maybe he lives in a car. He looks super guilty and shifty. He told her to work on herself .. oh the irony. He's a big drinker, and smoker  He's always serving her (and himself) wine. Darcey runs like Pole but it was nice to see out of 8 inch heels. Was her drink in a clay pot with a graduated cylinder as a stirrer? 

No woman in her right mind should get involved with Tim unless she swings both ways and eager to sample Veronica's gas station sushi.

Grangela's is a big ball of spitting, paranoid rage. She sees life as a series of incidents where she is aggrieved in a way that must be met in extreme aggression. Throwing drinks, cakes in faces. She's spinning and barking like the Tasmanian Devil because they respond to her outrageous behavior with laughter? What else are they gonna do? I'm laughing too! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I think both Tim and Jennifer are waiting to be discovered.  I can’t stand Jennifer.  She thinks she’s the cats meow, and she’s not that gorgeous.  She’s picking all these high rides to go on and I don’t blame him for not wanting to go on.  She’s got some hell of an attitude.

She gives me too wong Foo realness 

MV5BMjE0NDY1OTg2OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjI3NjM3._V1_.jpg

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I’ve lived my life in the Middle Eastern culture. It’s way different than American. Being Muslim adds even more restrictions than just being Middle Eastern. How Omar comes across with a lack of emotion and thats what is normal there.  I also see him as a manipulator. He knew by acting like he didn’t want her to apply for the visa then she would be comforted by that and still apply because she wants him with her. He may like her but the cultural ways will never leave him. I see many red flags for her future. Lack of emotions, controlling, and most likely he will one day have another wife. A born and raised Muslim woman. He is allowed. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 10/5/2019 at 7:15 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Not sure I agree that he deserves empathy.  They've been communicating for several years, plus I assume he could see the same episodes with Jesse that we did.  Either he failed at even trying to do due diligence, or he hand-waved everything that he knew and saw, and both are completely on him, as far as I'm concerned.

However, I'm not sure that's even what's actually happening.  I think they're both acting.

He may have seen some of the Darcy/Jesse episodes, but a lot of posters who saw them also thought at the time, that Jesse was the main problem and were sympathetic to Darcy. Plus he was communicating with Darcy over the internet and was hearing her sad tale of woe. There are flashes of a normalcy in Darcy, few and far between,  but she can come across as sympathetic. It just that it quickly dissolved into pathetic drunkenness. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Burning Rubber said:

Martinyi was very disappointed that Benji wouldn't let her drink despite the fact that she gets amnesia from a single glass. He's not controlling, really, he's just a suitor laying down his deal-breakers. Whatever they are. They are his and I can't judge him for it. Now is the time to kill this disaster in the egg. "She's everything I thought she'd be and more" - what? She has all the charisma of a 9 yr old. Maybe Ben is mentally 9, too. It was nice to see him cry for his son rather than himself.

Omar looks bored with Avery. He has nothing to say to her. He wasn't emotional when he married her, he's not emotional when she's  leaving. "I never lie" says the guy who lied about being in America 

The Sahara desert drive was so mahch byotifaaaal. Zied is far moahr narvahs and excite for marry Rebicca than Omar was with Avery. 

Seizure Salad will not learn a thing and I am here to watch Candyman's delusional tears.

Baloney-Benjamin bought fancy stuff at the store (toilet paper! 5 lbs flour!) and by that I mean fancier than what he's buying back home. He is sweating at the prospect of being married immediately after paying the bride price. He says he has two choices, not showing up or showing up and ending up married  Couldn't he negotiate a super low price like a pack of ramen?

Tom won't show Darcey where he lives and has the lamest excuse for it  Maybe he lives in a car. He looks super guilty and shifty. He told her to work on herself .. oh the irony. He's a big drinker, and smoker  He's always serving her (and himself) wine. Darcey runs like Pole but it was nice to see out of 8 inch heels. Was her drink in a clay pot with a graduated cylinder as a stirrer? 

No woman in her right mind should get involved with Tim unless she swings both ways and eager to sample Veronica's gas station sushi.

Grangela's is a big ball of spitting, paranoid rage. She sees life as a series of incidents where she is aggrieved in a way that must be met in extreme aggression. Throwing drinks, cakes in faces. She's spinning and barking like the Tasmanian Devil because they respond to her outrageous behavior with laughter? What else are they gonna do? I'm laughing too! 

Bens option is to show up and no matter what bride price they put on her head, just say I can’t afford it. If daddy asks for 10k American or 1k American... Sorry, no can do... if he feels obligated to counter offer 25 American dollars, plus the groceries. 

What are they going to do? Chase him with a  machete?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, iwasish said:

Bens option is to show up and no matter what bride price they put on her head, just say I can’t afford it. If daddy asks for 10k American or 1k American... Sorry, no can do... if he feels obligated to counter offer 25 American dollars, plus the groceries. 

What are they going to do? Chase him with a  machete?

I feel like getting chased with a machete is always the implied consequence in the Ben/akyini relationship.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

I feel like getting chased with a machete is always the implied consequence in the Ben/akyini relationship.

What is this, the Teen Mom thread?

I am really looking forward to any explanation of Tim's behavior. I bet we never really get one though, he'll insist it was just performance anxiety and wanting to respect her. You know, because family values are so important there in S America.

• LOL 6
On 10/6/2019 at 6:21 PM, OrchidThief said:

Avery's got some well-earned tough love comin' her way. And I got the impression Teri washed her hands of it as she walked away and was in fact gloating that her kid was going to get what she asked for. I don't think Teri's going to bail her out.

I don't agree about Terri.

• Love 1
On 10/2/2019 at 3:46 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Tom was a dick, but he's been living with her whining and histrionics for weeks by now. He is probably just over it and fed up. Now, is it kind? Is it gentlemanly? Hell no. But I get it. I would be hard pressed to hide my impatience at that point. Darcy is so empty and incurious and unintelligent. She had no interests, except herself. Can you imagine how stultifying it would be to be in her company for weeks, with no respite? I'd be a lot more snarky than Tom. 

And yes, snaps to Florian, who seems like a sweet lad. 

On 9/21/2019 at 10:30 AM, iwasish said:

Yes to this. Darcey is the epitome of vapid. She shows no real interest in the historic cities to which she is exposed (other than diamond and jewelry shops...and wine bars) Cathedrals, I am guessing, would only be of interest as possible wedding venues. She simulates interest by utilizing the same superlatives to describe everything, to the point that words have become meaningless. Her inability to dress appropriately for a walking tour or walking the dog, but standing barefoot in public streets to change shoes and worse, a public washroom to tart herself up, is just bizarre. Darcey kept the driver waiting 45 minutes! Her lack of consideration for others (driver, bar patrons, etc.) is just sad. Jesse was blunt to the point of rudeness, but he was not wrong. Tom, to his credit,  tried a tactful approach in the beginning, but now I suspect he is just taking the piss out of sheer frustration with Darcey’s antics

• Love 11
On 10/6/2019 at 9:23 PM, Burning Rubber said:

Baloney-Benjamin bought fancy stuff at the store (toilet paper! 5 lbs flour!) and by that I mean fancier than what he's buying back home. He is sweating at the prospect of being married immediately after paying the bride price.

That's what I don't get.  To be, being engaged means you are getting married, period.  Maybe not right that minute because you need to plan some things, but it's not just another waiting period on a higher level.  I think for that, you do promise rings or some other nonsense.

So if you're engaged and something comes up that dictates that you get married that day, there shouldn't be any waffling.

On 10/6/2019 at 10:52 PM, iwasish said:

He may have seen some of the Darcy/Jesse episodes, but a lot of posters who saw them also thought at the time, that Jesse was the main problem and were sympathetic to Darcy. Plus he was communicating with Darcy over the internet and was hearing her sad tale of woe. There are flashes of a normalcy in Darcy, few and far between,  but she can come across as sympathetic. It just that it quickly dissolved into pathetic drunkenness. 

Jesse may have been perceived as the main problem by some, but there was no doubt in any of what we saw that Darcey is a problem herself, and not a small one, either. 

The only sympathy I feel for her is sadness that she is the way she is, and that's definitely not a reason to marry her.

• Love 3
On 10/5/2019 at 7:15 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I think they're both acting.

(Tom and Darcey)

I think he is, and I think he's having a good time.  I think she would if she could--I do believe that her appearance on this show, especially for a second season, is to give her the exposure she believes will rocket her into her own TV show.  The problem is, she is too emotionally fragile and physically appalling to make that work.  Maybe she thinks coming across as the weepy love-sick woman who "opens her heart" to love is a good look for her, that it will lead to a soppy soap-opera type series ("Will Darcey Ever Find Love?  Her Heart's Been Open for Business Three Years Now"), but as we know from her disastrous hair weave and frontal zeppelins, her perception of reality is way skewed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Mothra said:

but as we know from her disastrous hair weave and frontal zeppelins, her perception of reality is way skewed.

Speaking of those zeppelins, does she have nipples?  Or in the traditional place, anyway?  When most people expose 2/3 of a breast like she does, you're going to see a nipple.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Speaking of those zeppelins, does she have nipples?  Or in the traditional place, anyway?  When most people expose 2/3 of a breast like she does, you're going to see a nipple.

I've been looking for them, too, without success.  You and me, out in the night, using our WWII binoculars to scan the skies over London.  How in the hell is she hiding them--unless, as you suggest, they aren't where they ought to be?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

I've been looking for them, too, without success.  You and me, out in the night, using our WWII binoculars to scan the skies over London.  How in the hell is she hiding them--unless, as you suggest, they aren't where they ought to be?

And with all the “chilly” or “cold” cottages and bedrooms Tom is bringing her to, a couple of nipples should have popped up. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Is that a thing with breast implants? I thought they sewed them back on in the right place. Maybe she has those stick-on silicon pasties -- I wear them with an unpadded bra to avoid nip outline.

• Useful 1
On 10/6/2019 at 9:18 PM, Christina said:

I agree 100%. Both of them can go away so they'll probably get a second season. 

I am glad he is not abandoning the little girl he helped to raise for so many years. 

16 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

That's what I don't get.  To be, being engaged means you are getting married, period.  Maybe not right that minute because you need to plan some things, but it's not just another waiting period on a higher level.  I think for that, you do promise rings or some other nonsense.

So if you're engaged and something comes up that dictates that you get married that day, there shouldn't be any waffling.

Jesse may have been perceived as the main problem by some, but there was no doubt in any of what we saw that Darcey is a problem herself, and not a small one, either. 

The only sympathy I feel for her is sadness that she is the way she is, and that's definitely not a reason to marry her.

I thought Jesse was horrible but I think Darcy is desperate.

12 hours ago, OrchidThief said:

Is that a thing with breast implants? I thought they sewed them back on in the right place. Maybe she has those stick-on silicon pasties -- I wear them with an unpadded bra to avoid nip outline.

I've watched enough "Botched" to know that not every doctor doing implants does a good job of nipple re/placement.

Women's necklines have sometimes ventured into the "almost an oops" territory for years.  From the court of Henry VIII to "Say Yes to the Dress" to most Hollywood award ceremonies . . . there are times when the eyes will go nowhere else than the neckline, and the brain will go nowhere else other than wondering if/when a nip will show.

And now we have added "wherever Darcy is" to the list of places where we wonder.

31 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I've watched enough "Botched" to know that not every doctor doing implants does a good job of nipple re/placement.

Women's necklines have sometimes ventured into the "almost an oops" territory for years.  From the court of Henry VIII to "Say Yes to the Dress" to most Hollywood award ceremonies . . . there are times when the eyes will go nowhere else than the neckline, and the brain will go nowhere else other than wondering if/when a nip will show.

And now we have added "wherever Darcy is" to the list of places where we wonder.

I have watched Botched too and its amazing some of the bad plastic surgery people subject themselves to. 

• Love 1
On 10/7/2019 at 12:52 AM, iwasish said:

Jesse was right the whole time.

Edited by Anduril
  • Love 1