Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Out Of The Blue

• Start Topic

On 9/27/2019 at 9:36 AM, AussieBabe said:

Did she have the nerve to say he would have plenty of time to have a family when she’s dead and gone?

She’s morbidly obese and a smoker.  He may not have long to wait for fatherhood.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
54 minutes ago, Spike said:

She’s morbidly obese and a smoker.  He may not have long to wait for fatherhood.

And anger issues which could lead to a stroke,  So in his culture/country, your wife can't give you one, you find a girl that can.  Seems to me that if you are dating a woman who is north of 50 (far north to me) you should mention this to her at the starting gate?  "I am an AMERICAN, MI-KHULL!!!  I WILL NOT PLAY THAT!!!"  Well then find yourself a financially vulnerable guy in Georgia to exploit and abuse date.

• Love 16
On 9/25/2019 at 11:45 AM, magemaud said:

Maybe Caesar will add a picture of himself modeling them (in front of a wall of nail polish) to his professional portfolio, so they won’t go to waste.  

That Homer Simpson gut of his would completely cover whatever is left of the expired, rotten milk duds on the exterior and interior of that contraption. 

I’m going to table my theory that Tim is a eunuch, a virgin, or a smooth plastic crotch Ken Doll. I think it’s possible that he could have an incurable STD. If that’s the case, he definitely needs to be upfront and honest with Jennifffer and let her decide if she’d like to continue seeing him. Regardless, this “I just don’t want my heart broken again,” excuse is sounding all the more ridiculous for this nearly 40-year-old man who is picking up women in foreign countries off the Internet.

All I see when I look at Benjamin are his sweaty bangs. I can’t fault Akinyi for not wanting to be a stepparent. I personally don’t date dads either. Just my preference. And at her age, she certainly shouldn’t feel like she has to. But I wouldn’t continue communicating with someone and definitely wouldn’t let them fly thousands of miles to meet me and my family before telling them that. She seems really immature for her age and I think being a PK (preacher’s kid) might have something to do with that. Most PKs I know are a weird combination of rebellious and stunted.

For all that primping Starcey did, I thought they were going to an actual nightclub. They were in a little bar that looks like it hosts book signings. Everyone in the background looked super casual while Starcey clawed at each other in their Studio 54 get up. Florian’s cape made him look all the more ghoulish. Like a Millennial Hipster Dracula.

Edited by charmed1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 18
20 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I think it’s possible that he could have an incurable STD.

Yeah it could just be herpes.  Maybe he views himself as damaged goods.  Or maybe he had an outbreak while in Colombia and doesn’t want her to see it.

20 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

. Most PKs I know are a weird combination of rebellious and stunted.

I have seen that with cops’  kids as well.  Their parents get them out of trouble so they think they can do whatever they want.

Edited by Spike
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 9/26/2019 at 4:59 AM, Honey said:

When Jon and Fern divorced he withdrew his affidavit of support, so he wouldn't have to pay her way.

So if they can just withdraw it later, what’s the point of having to do it initially?  I remember Coltee mentioning doing the same thing.

So many of them make a big deal out of who will be on the hook for the 10 years that I’m confused why, if it can just be revoked.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

So if they can just withdraw it later, what’s the point of having to do it initially?  I remember Coltee mentioning doing the same thing.

So many of them make a big deal out of who will be on the hook for the 10 years that I’m confused why, if it can just be revoked.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with how deep into the process you are.  For example, Chantel and Pedro are done processing, he has his green card, she'd be financially responsible.  While Ashley never filed the change of status on Jay, so she can withdraw the paperwork, and not be financially responsible.  But that's a guess on my part.

All the couples seem to file different things at different times.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, noveltylibrary said:

What guy worries about sex ruining a relationship 😂  I know he denied the trans rumors, but dang...

Maybe his previous women left because he’s a two-pump chump.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, charmed1 said:

She seems really immature for her age

Yep.  In an earlier episode, she told him she doesn't like to talk about things like her feelings and why she might be upset.  Now, after making him jump through hoops to get approval, she shows up and tells him her dad doesn't know she is staying at Air BnB with him.  Like that couldn't blow up in their faces.  Maybe it's a set-up, dad catches them and says Ben has ruined his daughter and needs to pay up...

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, lh25 said:

Yep.  In an earlier episode, she told him she doesn't like to talk about things like her feelings and why she might be upset.  Now, after making him jump through hoops to get approval, she shows up and tells him her dad doesn't know she is staying at Air BnB with him.  Like that couldn't blow up in their faces.  Maybe it's a set-up, dad catches them and says Ben has ruined his daughter and needs to pay up...

I had thought the same thing.  I thought I was the only one.  I don't think it would blow up in THEIR faces as much as it would blow up in HIS face. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Spike said:

Maybe his previous women left because he’s a two-pump chump.

Or he jackhammers them.  Or he can't get his mind off Veronica.......

On 9/28/2019 at 1:15 PM, charmed1 said:

But I wouldn’t continue communicating with someone and definitely wouldn’t let them fly thousands of miles to meet me and my family before telling them that. She seems really immature for her age and I think being a PK (preacher’s kid) might have something to do with that. Most PKs I know are a weird combination of rebellious and stunted.

I agree, she is very immature for her age.  It is like she wants to get hammered with Ben as her parents don't allow her to drink.  I would have been out of there once she said, "Don't make me talk abou things, I can't talk about things." Okay, so when we have a conflict are you going to mime it?  Draw it via Win Lose or Draw?  If she is unsure about being a stepmother, that is valid but she should have expressed that to Ben BEFORE all this started, and Ben should have responded with "Okay, cool, I wish you well."  Being a parent or stepparent is never easy.

• Love 14
On 9/25/2019 at 11:45 AM, magemaud said:

Maybe Caesar will add a picture of himself modeling them (in front of a wall of nail polish) to his professional portfolio, so they won’t go to waste.  

With the trash bag full of garbage beside him!?!?!?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 9/29/2019 at 9:21 AM, noveltylibrary said:

She's so pleased to see sis happy with 'her man' 😂.  Also, how is refusing to wear a shirt over those overblown balloons attractive?

darcey.jpg

I don’t mean to be crude, but does she not have nipples? What is going on there? Does this explain why Tom was wincing in pain when her breasts touched his injured ankle?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I’m confused. Darcey does annoy me. But the club scene? Stacey was being so extra and annoying. Tom then blamed Darcey for the interactions. They were all ridiculous but I was on Darcey’s pitiful side. Maybe I missed something?

• Love 4
On 9/24/2019 at 9:25 PM, magemaud said:

I thought the message on Tim’s Colombian ex’s shirt was interesting  

AE1747B6-1DDE-46B8-8FB8-21D046A97553.jpeg

I'm really starting to get the vibe that he may be both, so it was a perfect match.  He's got an unusual physique; very narrow.  Not that's there's anything wrong with that.

Edited by zoltana
  • LOL 1

Ben needs to stop clutching his pearls- she'd probably already had one or two before they showed her getting crunk on three sips of a margarita, but still?  When he said one was enough and she didn't need anymore, he can just GTFO with that BS.  I liked her better when she was drunk.  Girl has a sense of humor hiding under that PK baby-voice!  

I actually felt sorry for Darcey.  There were all trashed, and the way they all piled on Darcey with Stacey gleefully pushing every button was so sad.  The napkin on the stilettos was every girl coming out of the Tiki Bob's bathroom when I was in my 20s (20s- not 50s, lol), and that was gold.

ANGELA CAN TOTE!  And she's got ONE AY-UGH! Good lord, it's so embarrassing when women don't understand their own bodies.  One egg means you will not have anything to tote, ya wrinkled bag of cigarette ash.   It means that that one egg, which has been in your ovary for over 50 years during which you punished your body with smoking, drinking, hollerin' and God knows what else, is the only one left in your body out of thousands.  It's the Highlander of eggs.  You are too old, Grangela, and you know it.  

Can't this show be done with Cesear?  I'm so over his fake storyline.

Jenniffer was AMAZING this week- she let him have it, and he deserved every word.  He is a pussy.  They need to just be done with each other- they clearly aren't into each other physically, mentally, emotionally.  

All this time, I was worried about Avery in Syria... when I really should have been worried about Omar- he is now the recipient of all the angst that was once directed at Mom Avery.  Hope he likes the bed that he has made.

I think Wiem got all the sense between the two siblings- Zied didn't even consider that there was anything wrong with purchasing a ring with Rebecca's money until his sister said something.  I could practically see the lightbulb going off behind his eyes.  I did NOT like the way his hand was around her neck when he was saying how angry he was in next week's preview.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 14

What we learned this week:

Akini is a more fun drunk than Darcey

Angela has one egg left out of about four hundred produced in her adult life, and it's pickled in whiskey and the smokey color of a Camel unfiltered.

Rebecca found a new thing to focus on so she can avoid telling Zied she's still married.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
On 9/24/2019 at 5:41 AM, Drogo said:

Avery's mom deals with some bad news; Benjamin sees a new side of Akinyi, and Rebecca is alarmed by a request from Zied.

Airs 9/29/29.

BTW can we fix the episode number in the title?  Should be 16.  I think that's why people aren't posting much.  I know I looked for this thread for two days.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, liammaam said:

All this time, I was worried about Avery in Syria... when I really should have been worried about Omar- he is now the recipient of all the angst that was once directed at Mom Avery.  Hope he likes the bed that he has made.

Meh. Omar's no babe in the woods. He had agency. He chose to pursue Avery, and to marry her. I don't think he's a bad guy, because I don't think acting in one's self interest makes a person bad, but I do think he had a certain amount of calculation going in. And he couldn't have been completely unaware that Avery is outspoken, opinionated, and stubborn. She hasn't been hiding anything.  And now they're married and they're going to have to grow up and try to make it work. I wish them well. I am one of the few who doesn't dislike Avery. She's young, and headstrong, and will make plenty of mistakes in her life. Maybe when she's in her 30's she'll regale her friends with tales of her first marriage, and how she struggled to be a good wife in a strange country. Or maybe she and Omar will stay married, have a slew of babies, and she'll be a dentist's wife in the US, making baked goods for the local mosque's bake sale. Who knows? She seems to be sincere in her efforts to practice her new religion wholeheartedly and while I'm an atheist I respect that. I figure they have just as much chance at happiness as anyone.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Agree with @Pepper Mostly that Omar is approaching this strategically.  Teri is a xenophobic, small minded beeyotch BUT she is very pushy and very motivated and cares very much for Avery.  

Omar dangling Avery's safety above Teri's head is a stroke of genius. Teri will literally do every single thing in her power to make sure Omar's Visa is approved and Avery doesn't move to Syria.  

she knows that she has zero chance of logically talking Avery out of anything so she will do what she must, hire the best attorney she can afford, write every congressperson she can find, rile up every news organization she can to get Omar's Visa approved.  

Her family will be living on the ceasar diet because Avery is stubborn and ridiculous but Teri is Omar's best chance of getting the hell out of Syria.  He just has to hope that Avery won't street dance her way into getting killed.

i saw how Omar ran after Teri when she took off.  He knows who is going to get shit done.  

• Love 14
On 9/27/2019 at 2:57 PM, iwasish said:

No one forced Darcy to drink, I can imagine if someone had suggested that she might have had a bit too much and switch to seltzer, she would have thrown a hissy fit. It was a pproblem in her relationship with Jesse...

I don’t see Darcy as a nice person, I think she’s shallow and selfish and petty. I think her drinking is out of control and has driven her few friends away. She’s left with people like her buddy who offered a gander at her cleavage to Tom.

Until she does work on herself, this cycle will continue. 

Babe! High five? You're not the boss of me.

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, Thisisforlogins said:

When does the sneak peak online come on for the next episode? S0310?

I have the same question. My usual routine is to watch next week’s preview on Monday nights after “The Other Way” on TLC Go, but the new episode hasn’t been posted yet. What a blow we’ve been dealt! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, liammaam said:

Between this thread being dead and no sneak peek, I don't know what to do with myself!!!

I know! Things here don't usually wind down for me until Thursday or Friday when I've gotten caught up in my watching, reading and commenting. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, hookedontv said:

Any Kinder Joy Egg at the local gas station display has a better chance of being viable than Angela's lone rotten egg. 

Just sayin'...

Please don't give angela any ideas on how she can make Michael a chocolate baby.  

• LOL 9

Looks to me as though Avery and Omar are in for a rough time. She has romanticized Islam and has embraced the parts which appeal to her - the dress, the ritual, etc. But of course she has never wanted to be subservient to anyone, and she is about 5 minutes out from her marriage when she declares she has no intention of "being quiet" if they disagree, which he has said a wife must do. She got the same look on her face as she does whenever her mom says something she doesn't like.

As for Omar, he's been coming off pretty passive, but as soon as they were married and her mother said she didn't want Avery to go to Syria, he got this look on his face which said "I don't give a rat's ass what you think, we're doing it our way." The same look he got on his face when Avery said she wouldn't be quiet. He has no intention of letting her have her own way.

Gonna be fireworks. I don't envy either of them, most especially her.

• Love 8

I have a coworker who she and her husband are originally from Syria.  They both still have family and friends there and so they used to still go and visit them.  We used to always ask them if that was wise, seeing as how there's a war there, and she kept insisting that the war wasn't in the part she was going to and she was perfectly safe.  Well....the last time she went she found out just how quickly that can change.  She told us she was alive pretty much out of luck, as they were going door to door killing anyone they found, and they hid in a closet for several hours and somehow weren't found.  

Ben and Akini are just....totally on different maturity levels.  He's a dad, with the outlook and priorities of a dad and VERY straight laced.  She's an unburdened young woman living life and having fun.  He wants a stepmom and she isn't ready for that.

Micheal can't win.  Literally everything he says is wrong, even when he tries to dodge the bullet and say "you decide".  He must REALLY want to come to keep putting up with her.

Taking money from your girlfriend to buy her own engagement ring?  Stay classy Zied.

PS this thread was locked for a super long time for some reason, hence the lack of activity in here.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Darcy wanted a sexy and hot 007,  but was willing to settle for a loving though lukewarm Lord of the Manor. But she's found no sexy, no heat, no money, no love. Tom is giving her just the lukewarm, like his beer. 

Timmay seems to go for curvy women with masculine facial features. What I don't understand is why Jeniffer stays around! 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, liammaam said:

Between this thread being dead and no sneak peek, I don't know what to do with myself!!!

5 hours ago, magemaud said:

I know! Things here don't usually wind down for me until Thursday or Friday when I've gotten caught up in my watching, reading and commenting. 

And yet, the live thread is still open.

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

Boy when Angela was getting her vag scanned all the wrinkles and sags in her face were on full display. 

Feel lucky that you werent the doctor having to look at Angela's vaginal sags and wrinkles 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

Feel lucky that you werent the doctor having to look at Angela's vaginal sags and wrinkles 

I wanted to run my finger nail over the face wrinkles and see if they made the sound that a guiro would make..

guiro.jpg

Edited by Thisgirllovespasta
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Darcy wanted a sexy and hot 007,  but was willing to settle for a loving though lukewarm Lord of the Manor. But she's found no sexy, no heat, no money, no love. Tom is giving her just the lukewarm, like his beer. 

Timmay seems to go for curvy women with masculine facial features. What I don't understand is why Jeniffer stays around! 

I think they both got something different than they were expecting...and afaic Tom is far closer to being a "normal" human being than Darcy.  I don't have much sympathy for her.  She's a mess.   I also highly suspect that entire segment was very creatively edited to leave out a lot of stuff which caused the somewhat odd-seeming appearance of everyone piling on Darcy.  

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

I think they both got something different than they were expecting...and afaic Tom is far closer to being a "normal" human being than Darcy.  I don't have much sympathy for her.  She's a mess.   I also highly suspect that entire segment was very creatively edited to leave out a lot of stuff which caused the somewhat odd-seeming appearance of everyone piling on Darcy.  

I thought Florian was trying to be compassionate in the final segment.  

• Love 11

Tim doesn’t like steps, the heat, parrots, ostriches, heights or sex with Jennifer. Tim loves eyebrow grooming, hair gel, facials, beauty masks and tank tops. 

Jennifer run away fast and find yourself a man. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

I thought that Florian was being very kind to drunk Darcey- he certainly was the only one that was even attempting to help her. Tom is definitely “normal” compared to Darcey’s histrionics, but his brand of normal is douchebag gaslighter (telling her he’d have proposed to her in Grand Canaria ruined any chance of me feeling sorry for him). 

Omar definitely had agency, which is why I hope he enjoys the bed he made. I do not see this marriage lasting longer than a few years (is it even considered a legal marriage)?

19 minutes ago, nytonc said:

As my grandmother used to say, “if you don’t stop, your face will freeze like that!”

It’s funny how I never noticed that twisty face she makes until the forum members pointed it out. Now it’s all I CAN see! 

• Love 8
On 9/26/2019 at 9:16 AM, Azanscrazyhair said:

Please do not send Ceaser to GA.  He lives in NC.  GA is full...we have

Molly, The Family Chantel, Angela and Rebecca.  Plus Mama June and crew. 

Hell we're even being represented on Love after Lockup this year..

Please make it stop!

We don’t want him back! He’s killing the median IQ of the state. 

Zied is such a romantic charmer. Doesn’t every girl dream of paying for their own $200 engagement ring?

Edited by nytonc
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, liammaam said:

I thought that Florian was being very kind to drunk Darcey- he certainly was the only one that was even attempting to help her. Tom is definitely “normal” compared to Darcey’s histrionics, but his brand of normal is douchebag gaslighter (telling her he’d have proposed to her in Grand Canaria ruined any chance of me feeling sorry for him).

I caught the end of a bonus scene, wherein Darcey had hurt her foot or leg whilst walking with her ridiculous shoes. Florian was the one who helped her get into the van, and Tom just stood by and watched. 

• Love 1