Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Out Of The Blue

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, nytonc said:

Tim doesn’t like steps, the heat, parrots, ostriches, heights or sex with Jennifer. Tim loves eyebrow grooming, hair gel, facials, beauty masks and tank tops. 

Jennifer run away fast and find yourself a man. 

If he loves facials that may play in to some theories.

6 minutes ago, Gobi said:

I caught the end of a bonus scene, wherein Darcey had hurt her foot or leg whilst walking with her ridiculous shoes. Florian was the one who helped her get into the van, and Tom just stood by and watched. 

If Tom and Darcey both have injured feet that proves they have a shared destiny.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Gobi said:

I caught the end of a bonus scene, wherein Darcey had hurt her foot or leg whilst walking with her ridiculous shoes. Florian was the one who helped her get into the van, and Tom just stood by and watched. 

Florian has been engaged to Stacey for several years.  He's learned how to deal with Darcey's twin, so maybe dealing with Darcey is an easier transition for him.

It's likely that Tom hasn't ever seen ANYTHING like Darcey.  Most of us (thank goodness) haven't.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, moonbunnychan said:

Micheal can't win.  Literally everything he says is wrong, even when he tries to dodge the bullet and say "you decide".  He must REALLY want to come to keep putting up with her.

I forget what the actual question was, but it was part of the never-ending convo about what to do if Angela couldn't conceive.  She asked him something like would he still love her (or something) if she couldn't have a baby, and he hesitated a long time before answering her.  She urged him to be honest, and he finally answered "no"--which was the wrong answer, but the honest one.  She was all over him, giving him hell and making him miserable.  If he lies, she's on him; if he tells her a truth she doesn't like, she's on him.  Poor guy.

2 hours ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

I think they both got something different than they were expecting...and afaic Tom is far closer to being a "normal" human being than Darcy.  I don't have much sympathy for her.  She's a mess.   I also highly suspect that entire segment was very creatively edited to leave out a lot of stuff which caused the somewhat odd-seeming appearance of everyone piling on Darcy.  

I hope it was edited to appear that way.  Darcey is an obnoxious mess, especially when she's drinking, but this situation made me want to defend her.  I agree that Tom is the most normal one of the foursome, but he was awful to her--"why are you being so rude to your sister" for god's sake--and did nothing to help her out of an untenable situation.  He should have made their goodbyes and left with Darcey, gone to another bar or restaurant and tried to have a pleasant evening.  He's found out what he needed to know about her, and there was nothing but cruelty (and maybe ratings) behind his joining in the torture.

And poor little rat-faced Florian was indeed the only person behaving like a human being to poor Darcey.  I hate TLC for making me anything but disgust toward her.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

Tom also said “At least you wore sensible shoes” to Stacey in her sneakers while Florian was hauling Darcey all over the place. He’s such an asshole.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 9/30/2019 at 8:49 PM, sonder said:

If your boyfriend borrows money from you to buy you a ring, nope!!!

FIFY.  

I have never gave a boyfriend a dime.  These women are just nuts. 

I have to give Tom some slack.  Yeah, he is a passive aggressive snot to Darcy.  But who can blame him?  He has to be over the drama, pissed off at Darcy for dragging him to see her sister and having to endure childish sibling behavior.  I’ll give him credit that he’s sticking it out.  I’d be gone after the first day and tell TLC to stick it.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

FIFY.  

I have never gave a boyfriend a dime.  These women are just nuts. 

I have to give Tom some slack.  Yeah, he is a passive aggressive snot to Darcy.  But who can blame him?  He has to be over the drama, pissed off at Darcy for dragging him to see her sister and having to endure childish sibling behavior.  I’ll give him credit that he’s sticking it out.  I’d be gone after the first day and tell TLC to stick it.  

I think I'd have been gone the minute she tried to get me to open her bags on the sidewalk so she could buy shoes.  

I have a lot of empathy for Tom.  I've been doing the online dating thing for the past couple years - actually met a lady a year ago and we have a great thing going.  I can totally imagine his situation.  Darcy isn't what he hoped she would be and now he's stuck in this nightmare and just trying to get through it and get rid of her.  He's not being very nice...but at this point I think he's pretty close to active hatred.  He's probably afraid if he reaches out to help her when she stumbles she'll try and turn it into a marriage proposal, lol...

Edited by Zevious Zoquis
  • LOL 5
  • Love 12

I'm still here.My latest hospital stint gave me a rousing bout of MRSA on my chest. (I know, I know, TMI) so I've not been feeling my best. My kids and I are all caught up now...

He may look like a rat,but Florian was the only decent one from that night out. I like him. Like Michael, I don't care if he is just using her for the green card-he's earned it. 

It DID look like people were piling on Darcey. If I were her, and "my man" didn't stand up for me or, worse, makes things harder, then that's the last I'd see of him. Tom is us in a lot of these situations and while I love that for the snark, I'd not put up with it in real life if I were his "girlfriend." 

My 12-year-old son (who hasn't really even gotten int girls yet) and I both agreed that Tim is a dolt and that either one of us would've made out with her at this point. I mean, yeah, it's a weird bonding moment with your kid, but I take whatever I can get these days. There's something wrong with Tim. Either he's doing this for the publicity for his gun business or he's got another woman and feels guilty, but at this point he's gone past being weird and he's just being rude. I like espicy Jennifer. She introduced him to her parents and grandparents, is trying to take him around and show him a good time, etc. He's not even treating her well as a friend. It's weird. he U

Can we start a petition to bring Michael to the USA and leave Angela there? Because he does NOT deserve this kind of treatment. If she weren't so volatile and crazy I'd actually like her. Some of her comments are insightful and I have to give her some credit for overlooking some of their cultural differences. But damn it, the woman is a nut and I think she's dangerous. Poor Michael. It's not worth it, dude. He could find better on this board, or on Reddit. 

Even Zied's sister thinks it's weird that he used Rebecca's money to buy her an engagement ring. This dude is just a loafer looking for a free ride. 

• Love 15
On 10/1/2019 at 9:53 AM, Dobian said:

BTW can we fix the episode number in the title?  Should be 16.  I think that's why people aren't posting much.  I know I looked for this thread for two days.

This is the right episode number.  When TLC airs a repeat with bonus scenes, they list it as a new episode with a new number..  We really are on episode 9, not 16.

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

It DID look like people were piling on Darcey. If I were her, and "my man" didn't stand up for me or, worse, makes things harder, then that's the last I'd see of him. Tom is us in a lot of these situations and while I love that for the snark, I'd not put up with it in real life if I were his "girlfriend." 

Her sister deliberately instigated it with the overt slobbering all over her fiance and excessive PDA.  Darcey is the immature princess and Stacey is the mean girl.  Both of them are at the developmental level of a 14 year old.  If Darcey had any sense she would stop being jealous that her sister has been engaged for three years, which is an obvious sign that her fiance isn't really interested in marrying her at all.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Mothra said:

I hope it was edited to appear that way.  Darcey is an obnoxious mess, especially when she's drinking, but this situation made me want to defend her.  I agree that Tom is the most normal one of the foursome, but he was awful to her--"why are you being so rude to your sister" for god's sake--and did nothing to help her out of an untenable situation.  He should have made their goodbyes and left with Darcey, gone to another bar or restaurant and tried to have a pleasant evening.  He's found out what he needed to know about her, and there was nothing but cruelty (and maybe ratings) behind his joining in the torture.

And poor little rat-faced Florian was indeed the only person behaving like a human being to poor Darcey.  I hate TLC for making me anything but disgust toward her.

Tom was a dick, but he's been living with her whining and histrionics for weeks by now. He is probably just over it and fed up. Now, is it kind? Is it gentlemanly? Hell no. But I get it. I would be hard pressed to hide my impatience at that point. Darcy is so empty and incurious and unintelligent. She had no interests, except herself. Can you imagine how stultifying it would be to be in her company for weeks, with no respite? I'd be a lot more snarky than Tom. 

And yes, snaps to Florian, who seems like a sweet lad. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, liammaam said:

It’s funny how I never noticed that twisty face she makes until the forum members pointed it out. Now it’s all I CAN see! 

You’re welcome! 

I just came here to say WHERE’S THE DAMN SNEAK PEEK? This is totally messing up my watching routine! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Caesar repacking those edible panties!  Optimism or frugality, i cant decide.

for some reason it just killed me that he repacked them, with the expiry date increasing ever faster in the Cancun humidity. And the boxes getting that bargain bin worn and excessively handled look. 

Who knew there was a way to make a chocolate g-string even more tacky. Kudos!

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Tom was a dick, but he's been living with her whining and histrionics for weeks by now. He is probably just over it and fed up. Now, is it kind? Is it gentlemanly? Hell no. But I get it. I would be hard pressed to hide my impatience at that point. Darcy is so empty and incurious and unintelligent. She had no interests, except herself. Can you imagine how stultifying it would be to be in her company for weeks, with no respite? I'd be a lot more snarky than Tom. 

And yes, snaps to Florian, who seems like a sweet lad. 

Yes, I have to agree on all counts.  Was he kind and a gentleman?  No.  But he was probably so fed up he was like "I. Don't. Care."  My hubby and I have, many MANY shared interests, but many MANY apart.  As, to me, how it should be.   Look, Mr. Hanson, I can't be your everything, I do not want to be your everything, and let's go the other way with that while we are on the subject.  I have a life, a big social circle and I love it.  I have mentioned this before, but hubs and I dated for two and half YEARS before he proposed.  I was so shocked I was like, what?  Say that again???  Darcy is out of the gate:  "I hope for a proposal!!!"   I gotta ask, friends, do I look like Meryl Streep HERE??  Cause this is ME!

happy family.JPG

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Yes, I have to agree on all counts.  Was he kind and a gentleman?  No.  But he was probably so fed up he was like "I. Don't. Care."  My hubby and I have, many MANY shared interests, but many MANY apart.  As, to me, how it should be.   Look, Mr. Hanson, I can't be your everything, I do not want to be your everything, and let's go the other way with that while we are on the subject.  I have a life, a big social circle and I love it.  I have mentioned this before, but hubs and I dated for two and half YEARS before he proposed.  I was so shocked I was like, what?  Say that again???  Darcy is out of the gate:  "I hope for a proposal!!!"   I gotta ask, friends, do I look like Meryl Streep HERE??  Cause this is ME!

happy family.JPG

Gorgeous photo! Beautiful family!

I'm so enjoying real life pics.

• Love 3
On 9/24/2019 at 11:46 PM, magemaud said:

Drink! 

F6B21B09-521A-4074-9B27-B1AD1E215465.jpeg

So I was watching Green Book today when the lead actress pulled a face very similar to this, and I thought holy shit, that’s who she reminds me of. Rebecca is a low-rent Linda Cardellini!

(Linda is awesome. I pull similar faces and uggggh now I’ma have to practice not doing it)

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I’m re-watching and I just saw the egg hunting scene with Grangela. I noticed something horrifying:  the doctor put gloves on to deal with Angela’s lady bits but she didn’t take the gloves off or change the gloves when she reached over and started typing on the keyboard, pointing at the screen, moving the mouse, etc. So, this is just a warning to you never to touch anything—especially computers—in doctors’ offices.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Zied may be gross and greasy, but he said  on camera that Rebecca had told him “if you need something or you need money or anything call me and I’ll help you.” I tend to believe him. The women on this show who go after young, foreign guys often give them money.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, PityFree said:

Zied may be gross and greasy, but he said  on camera that Rebecca had told him “if you need something or you need money or anything call me and I’ll help you.” I tend to believe him. The women on this show who go after young, foreign guys often give them money.

One would hope that these women who are giving money to these dudes have a set limit of what they can afford to give as a 'gift' and never see it repaid to them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/2/2019 at 3:58 PM, LGGirl said:

If I was in Tom's shoes I honestly don't think I'd be being any more polite at this point.  He is DONE.  I likely would have exploded entirely by now, I kind of admire that he's at least somewhat trudging onward.  

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Toodleoo said:

So I was watching Green Book today when the lead actress pulled a face very similar to this, and I thought holy shit, that’s who she reminds me of. Rebecca is a low-rent Linda Cardellini!

(Linda is awesome. I pull similar faces and uggggh now I’ma have to practice not doing it)

Oh, Rebecca Parrott. Face of an angel.

• LOL 1

The sleeper hit of this group for me is Tim and Jennifer. Tim is an enigma wrapped in a riddle and Jennifer is a hawt country girl with goals. I could watch these two for ages and ages! Tim fascinates me I think from being bullied he has some deep trauma that he does not think he strong enough good enough etc. Not just a career with guns but guns customized to Liberace level and gold eye cucumber slices and pretty much not starting Jiggy Jiggy with Jennifer because he's afraid of getting laughed at like he is a 7 year old weakling. 

Angela is gross. I cannot imagine she could even get him over here w/the financial backing needed to support him on the K1. So go get it Angela for now I guess. Michael is hanging on for dear life for that American Dream for sure. 

Rebecca is just as bad as Ukraine Maria. Rebecca is a LIAR. And he is greasy and sleazy they are both so unappealing and not worth my screen time.

Cesar fakey mc fake. Boring. 

Darcey so messy. She is making a case for Jesse dropping her drunk dramatic ass. 

Benjamin is boring AF. Akiyni is beautiful speaks perfect English and has a good head on her shoulders she will go far but not w/him. She knows it too. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Rebecca is just as bad as Ukraine Maria. Rebecca is a LIAR. And he is greasy and sleazy they are both so unappealing and not worth my screen time.

The plus side is that although he is jealous I don’t envision many men trying to hit on her lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, RealReality said:
8 hours ago, Spike said:

The plus side is that although he is jealous I don’t envision many men trying to hit on her lol.

There was a whole soccer field of men chomping at the bit!

Did they want to hit on her or harvest her American Dollars? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 10/4/2019 at 1:40 PM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Benjamin is boring AF. Akiyni is beautiful speaks perfect English and has a good head on her shoulders she will go far but not w/him. She knows it too. 

I get the distinct impression Akinyi's life with Ben would be so boring. Unless she's desperate to go to the U.S., she needs to pass on Ben, the highlight of her week with him would be preparing snacks for Bible study.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

I get the distinct impression Akinyi's life with Ben would be so boring. Unless she's desperate to go to the U.S., she needs to pass on Ben, the highlight of her week with him would be preparing snacks for Bible study.

Yes, her life would be fantastically boring with Ben. 

They just aren't lifestyle compatible.  There is a lid for every pot and there is a woman out there for Ben and she wants to sit at home and watch christian programming and sing hymns.  There is nothing wrong with that.

So, I agree, if akyini isn't desperate to get to the US, she should pass.  BUT, if she is desperate to get to the US, she needs to suck it up and get with the program. 

I can totally see why other people think Ben is being stodgy.  But frankly akyini turned sloppy drunk after half a margarita so she handles her liquor about as well as I did that first and only time I drank.

I could see it being a little disheartening to have just met someone and they turned sloppy drunk after half a drink.  And then kinda got defensive about it.  Even if it's unreasonable, it's not the person Ben is looking for. 

Had she just been a bit buzzed and kinda huggy after the margarita I don't think Ben would have had an issue with it.  But IMO, she was looking sloppy, laying her head on the table, loudly demanding more drinks, proclaiming she was drunk.  And to boot this was all happening at a place that looked like a pretty nice restaurant....maybe like a Black Angus.  

• Love 10
On 10/2/2019 at 2:12 PM, Zevious Zoquis said:

I have a lot of empathy for Tom.  I've been doing the online dating thing for the past couple years - actually met a lady a year ago and we have a great thing going.  I can totally imagine his situation.  Darcy isn't what he hoped she would be and now he's stuck in this nightmare and just trying to get through it and get rid of her.  He's not being very nice...but at this point I think he's pretty close to active hatred. 

Not sure I agree that he deserves empathy.  They've been communicating for several years, plus I assume he could see the same episodes with Jesse that we did.  Either he failed at even trying to do due diligence, or he hand-waved everything that he knew and saw, and both are completely on him, as far as I'm concerned.

However, I'm not sure that's even what's actually happening.  I think they're both acting.

• Love 3

I’m rewatching this episode when Tim is being an absolute stick in the mud when Jennifer is trying to show him the sights of Bucaramanga, and I realized that even when he’s animated about something his deep growling voice makes him sound bored. 

• Love 2

My apologies to @Mrs. Hanson, I just rewatched the Drunken Akinyi scene and you were correct, Ben ordered his Fanta first. Then she looked at the menu and asked him about a margarita and he kind of hemmed and hawed before saying, "Umm, I think you'd like it." After she ordered it he made a point of telling the waiter, "This is the only one she can have." 

3 minutes ago, magemaud said:

My apologies to @Mrs. Hanson, I just rewatched the Drunken Akinyi scene and you were correct, Ben ordered his Fanta first. Then she looked at the menu and asked him about a margarita and he kind of hemmed and hawed before saying, "Umm, I think you'd like it." After she ordered it he made a point of telling the waiter, "This is the only one she can have." 

No apologies needed @magemaud, we are all family here!!!

When I first saw that scene, I was like, you are how old? Ordering a FANTA?  Are you 12??  I agree with the folks who said, in essence, look, you can have a drink, you can have three.  But If you are laying your head on the table, slurring, announcing "I am DRUNK!" after one margarita, that is a problem.  Do I think it would interfere with her being a stepmom to Grayson?  No.  I do think it was her attempt to get her turned off to her can call the whole thing off.  She is just not that into him.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I do think it was her attempt to get her turned off to her can call the whole thing off.  She is just not that into him.

Wow, I didn’t think of that! It could be the Kenyan version of “It’s not you, it’s me.” 

I was just taking a screenshot of the “it’s oil, no, it’s sauce” conversation. Akinyi’s face is practically in her plate and she’s hardly touched her drink. I also found the website for the restaurant. I thought she was having fish, but that’s not on the menu. https://tamarind.co.ke/restaurant.php?carnivore

D39CF1E3-9B43-49D9-BBDB-A8430E988F92.jpeg

• Useful 3
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

Wow, I didn’t think of that! It could be the Kenyan version of “It’s not you, it’s me.” 

I was just taking a screenshot of the “it’s oil, no, it’s sauce” conversation. Akinyi’s face is practically in her plate and she’s hardly touched her drink. I also found the website for the restaurant. I thought she was having fish, but that’s not on the menu. https://tamarind.co.ke/restaurant.php?carnivore

Yeppers, and I stand by my thought (and I truly don't know) that SHE will leak that she is staying with Ben under one roof to get her Dad to ship him out of town.  She has ZERO intention of moving to Phoenix.   Zero.  None.

• Love 4

I am sorry.. and I have many gay friends.. but TIM is so gay.. I think this a put-on from the show.. He needs to go back to the States and leave Jennifer and her daughter alone

Akini is a little whore.. Ben needs to run as fast as he can back to the States and to his adorable son.. he is such a dumb ass

• Love 1
7 hours ago, magemaud said:

She also held the menu very close to her face. I think, seriously, that she may need glasses. Benjy saying she could only have one drink may have been due to his budget. He's very low on money, although TLC is not emphasizing that in his story. They did say she ordered fish, perhaps the menu has changed.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Boston said:

Akini is a little whore.. Ben needs to run as fast as he can back to the States and to his adorable son.. he is such a dumb ass

Where do you get this? I have seen nothing whatsoever I'd call whorish.

15 hours ago, Boston said:

Darcy is a gross whore.. that guy (Tom) knew what he was getting - we're all being fooled.

Flinging that word around a lot. Darcy is desperate for love and validation, that doesn't equal "whore".

• Love 9
On 10/2/2019 at 1:12 PM, Spike said:

If he loves facials that may play in to some theories.

If Tom and Darcey both have injured feet that proves they have a shared destiny.

I think both Tim and Jennifer are waiting to be discovered.  I can’t stand Jennifer.  She thinks she’s the cats meow, and she’s not that gorgeous.  She’s picking all these high rides to go on and I don’t blame him for not wanting to go on.  She’s got some hell of an attitude.

I love “ Pillow Talk”.  I like the one who’s cooking in the wok on the side of the bed. She’s got a whole set/ up going on there.  At least she cooks for him.  This show cracks me up.  It can’t be real, can it?

• Love 2