Type keyword(s) to search

Zach Rance: Likes Golfing, Hates People (Except Frankie!)

I thought he was cute until he had to open his mouth. Ugh.

It's kind of hilarious how inept he is, though. He's a new entry in the long line of men who believe they can be Will, but don't have the charm or ability to read people to pull it off. His scene with Frankie and slowly pissing Frankie off was hilarious.

• Love 2
(edited)

To be fair to Zach, he's far from being the only college graduate who can't land a job right after graduation. But yes, his attitude probably doesn't help.

I think he reminds me of a cross between Dan (Season 10) and James (Season 6), with a little bit Eric (Season 8.) I don't think he'll be as good at the game as Dan was, or as good at challenges as James was. I can see him being hilariously ineffective like Eric.

Edited by methodwriter85

To be fair to Zach, he's far from being the only college graduate who can't land a job right after graduation. But yes, his attitude probably doesn't help.

I think he reminds me of a cross between Dan (Season 10) and James (Season 6), with a little bit Eric (Season 8.)

Yes, I realize my statement was somewhat unfair in that it might seem like I'm implying that if you are a recent college grad without a job you probably have the social skills of the Unabomber.  I didn't mean to imply that, I know times are tough.  But I can't imagine walking into any job interview with that "bro" attitude mixed with "I don't need friends/I tell it how it is!/I got punched in the eye because I'm a jerk!"

I think he desperately wants to be a mix between Dan and Will.  I don't think he is slick enough to be either, but time will tell, maybe there is some super sophisticated plan he has that I just can't see right now.

(edited)

I wonder if he even knows who Will is, though- Will's season aired when he would've been about 9. (Assuming this guy was born in 1992 like most newly-minted college graduates.) Maybe he caught Will in Big Brother 7. I can definitely see him trying to ape Dan, though. But the reason why Dan got so far is because of his ability to make people hear what they want to hear, which requires a level of people reading that we as of yet haven't seen from him.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

I wonder if he even knows who Will is, though- Will's season aired when he would've been about 9. (Assuming this guy was born in 1992 like most newly-minted college graduates.) Maybe he caught Will in Big Brother 7. I can definitely see him trying to ape Dan, though. But the reason why Dan got so far is because of his ability to make people hear what they want to hear, which requires a level of people reading that we as of yet haven't seen from him.

I agree, the genius of Dan is that in reality he didn't particularly care about anyone, but in the game, he made people think he cared about them...IMO.  This guy is of the opinion that he can both not care about people AND let people know he doesn't care about them and that will somehow result in a win.  I'm not so sure I agree.

• Love 1

He seems very flamboyant when he and Frankie are alone together, but I haven't seen him interact enough with the other houseguests to get a firm grasp on his personality/sexualtiy. Is he playing Frankie, or is that the real Zach? 

Is it me, or does Zach seem to be getting more and more gay every episode?

It's not just you.  I commented the exact same thing in the episode thread.  At best dude's bi, but I think gay.

Since this cast has the celebrity lookalikes, i'll mention I thought Zach is a combo of Brian Austin Green and Rob Lowe.

Zach had this rant yesterday alone in the beehive room. He talked to the camera about how rude and entitled Victoria is and how he knows the most spoiled rich girls in south Florida and she is far beyond that. I wonder if we'll see anything come of that (or what sparked that). Then again, Zach hates everyone.

Since this cast has the celebrity lookalikes, i'll mention I thought Zach is a combo of Brian Austin Green and Rob Lowe.

Oh my.  I'm a personal friend of Rob Lowe's and his likeness does not jump out at me when I see Zach.  I'll have to check closer tonight.

I actually think Zach looks better with the goatee. It kinda distracts away from the weirdness of his mouth area. He's still cute either way.

So according to Zach, he's straight but just really likes gay people. In any event, this bromance is cute as fuck.

• Love 2
(edited)

From the Live Feed thread:

I will say Zach's pre interviews don't match up with his play in the house. I don't know who the real Zach is.

Zach is WAY more social than I thought he would be given his " I hate everyone" schtick.

I really don't have a grasp on the "real" Zach, either. I will say I definitely wouldn't have thought he'd be in the major bromance of the year.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1

Did.not.see.his.bromance.at.all. He is so comfortable for someone who says they weren't/aren't gay. I think Zach thinks he has Frankie totally snowed but I think he would be surprised that Frankie is playing him 50/50. The feeds show it a lot more while the show rarely shows it. I like this Zach because in his pre interview I rolled my eyes and thought I couldn't take a whole summer of him.

• Love 1

It's like his chin separates from his head sometimes, especially when he like plays around with it and makes it crooked.

I saw that his little brother was on Twitter. Hopefully, it was fake, because he is too young to be put on Twitter and subjected to the loons.

I like Zach. It's strange because my type is not Zach (10 years younger than me and a total douchecanoe), but I like him. I agree with ByaNose, his opening episode segment was extremely off putting.

• Love 1

I like Zach. It's strange because my type is not Zach (10 years younger than me and a total douchecanoe), but I like him. I agree with ByaNose, his opening episode segment was extremely off putting.

Same here. All his pre-entry media portrayed him as a douchey just-out-of-college self-important jerk, and I was quite prepared and totally content to hate him as he acted out this role. But he hasn't - not yet, anyway. He *can* be immature at times (most of the time?), but he's not The Jerk To End All Jerks I was expecting. He's frequently the fly in the ointment - the Loki in this video Vahalla - and I kind of like him in that capacity. He keeps things stirred up, and this House needs that, God knows. :)

• Love 1

Zach is one of very few HGs who I'm sure will go really far. Sure, he's prone to doing and saying stupid things and having meltdowns, but it seems like he's in some of the more solid alliances of the house, and he has a far better social game than I expected him to. If he does go, I'm convinced it will be because his emotions and his mouth keep getting his allies into trouble.

I also think he's by far the most interesting person in the house, and it will be a shame if he leaves too soon. His snarky humor combined with the occasional douchbaggery, with a hint of maybe-but-not-really bicuriosity on the side, it all comes together so well.

• Love 1

I kinda like how his actual youthful energy contrasts with Frankie, who tries so hard to seem like a young boy but really isn't anymore. Even though it's not really genuine, Zankie's definitely one of the better bromances I've seen on the show.

I feel like Zach is the yellow lab puppy of the house; he is super-friendly, goofy and rambunctious, always bouncing around looking for attention, but also likes to snuggle up for naps. He is so different than his original intro, I have no idea where that jerk went but I am pleased about it. He might be my favorite at this point.

• Love 1

I feel like Zach is the yellow lab puppy of the house; he is super-friendly, goofy and rambunctious, always bouncing around looking for attention, but also likes to snuggle up for naps. He is so different than his original intro, I have no idea where that jerk went but I am pleased about it. He might be my favorite at this point.

Yeah, and like any lab pup he will occasionally chew up your favorite shoes, or leave a "present" in the middle of the bed....

• Love 1

He's really just super adorable. My sister said it best last night; she only watches the show, but she commented on last night's episode during Zach's DRs about how hard he's trying to be a villain. Like, it's endearing and sweet, but he's no villain. That's not to say he's an angel, because he can be an asshole sometimes, but compared to the other guys (excluding Donny), he really is harmless. He's super smart too and he just surprises me every day. You think he would be super lazy because he seems to sleep a lot, but he's the most active according to the activity trackers, he's worked three jobs and he says that he doesn't waste his money and can manage it pretty well. He's also clearly a family man, he cries at the letters for other houseguests and he loves his little brother like no other.

So, seriously, he's definitely my favourite houseguest at the moment. He may be causing some trouble but he's entertaining and it's funny to watch him being a 'loose cannon'. He does remind me a bit of Dr Will (and at least Zach KNOWS who that is).

• Love 1

He does remind me a bit of Dr Will (and at least Zach KNOWS who that is).

Will Kirby could be Zach's father (age 41 vs 23). I'm not suggesting he is, I'm just pointing out how young Zach is, even compared to when Will was on the show. I think he's doing a good job at whatever you would call his strategy. Plus, like Will, he's just so damn good looking. Soccer uniform, yes please.

(edited)

Will is 41?? I know this shouldn't surprise me (I'm 37 now), but, still, somehow that makes me sad. Time really is flying by.

(I was 24 when BB2 was on??? Man, that is unreal to me. I cannot believe how long this show has been on!)

To stay on topic, I think Zach is really cute and his crush on Frankie is a total turn-on.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 2

I think Zach is my fave. He is the most entertaining and not afraid to speak his mind or stir up trouble which is fun to watch. In real life he would be annoying if he was always that way though, but purely for my entertainment this summer its fine.:)

• Love 1

I don't really mind Zach, but he's insufferably pleased with himself.  He ain't no super-villain.  Jesse managed to start an eight person fight and ruin a birthday party, and he didn't do it by giving contrived, silly speeches.  If Jesse, of all people, out-villiains you, then you ain't no super-villian.

• Love 3

I feel like now that Zach's gone I should post some sort of eulogy, but that is incredibly dramatic.  So I'll just say he absolutely made this season for me, and I look forward to him on All Stars 2!  I think he's a lock.

• Love 5

I feel like now that Zach's gone I should post some sort of eulogy, but that is incredibly dramatic. So I'll just say he absolutely made this season for me, and I look forward to him on All Stars 2! I think he's a lock.

I hope he is asked back for All Stars but If he is I hope he adjusts his game play.

• Love 2

I think the social media self promotion is a little silly (my husband "what is the point of that?" last night during the show), but it was effective.  He is up to 98,900 followers on Twitter (was ~40K I think 24 hours ago) and 161,000 followers on Instagram.  It doesn't really mean anything to me per se, but it seems to mean a lot to him.  I think he will be pleasantly surprised, and that makes me happy.

• Love 3

I was glad that the outer door stayed open long enough for the remaining houseguests to hear the huge cheer Zach got from the studio audience. His might have been my favorite leave-taking (what with the Fruit Loops) and exit interview ever. Aaryn's is a close second but for entirely different reasons.

I wasn't entirely convinced that Zach's deadpan and seemingly hurt reaction to Zingbot was only an act until he pulled out the same look at the sight of the destroyed pink hat. Someone should stitch that thing back up and present it to Zach at the finale.

• Love 2
I wasn't entirely convinced that Zach's deadpan and seemingly hurt reaction to Zingbot was only an act until he pulled out the same look at the sight of the destroyed pink hat. Someone should stitch that thing back up and present it to Zach at the finale.

Apparently, Amber's going to be bringing him a new pink hat for him to the finale, and I'm sure many of his fans will provide him with pink hats to last him two lifetimes. 

Knowing that he's this popular not only with viewers, but also with past houseguests (as per their Twitter feeds) makes me confident that he's a great candidate for America's Favourite. I actually think it'll be between him and Donny, with Frankie as a distant third. Frankie may have the Ariana fans, but Zach and Donny have the Big Brother fans.

• Love 2

Apparently, Amber's going to be bringing him a new pink hat for him to the finale, and I'm sure many of his fans will provide him with pink hats to last him two lifetimes. 

Considering (a) destroying the hat has thus far been Victoria's sole independent action and (b) she's apparently intent on milking it for every bit of screen time she can get, I'm fairly certain she will bring the infamous Hat Pieces to the Finale and try to stage something suitably histrionic, like throwing the pieces in Zach's face.

It would just make me so happy happy happy if Zach got two or three pink hats to take undercover to the Finale - and, assuming she tries such a schtick (or even if she doesn't - I'm easy):

1. Zach pulls out a pink hat and puts it on his head.

2. Zach says, "Geez, Victoria, I'm sorry about what happened to YOUR hat. I thought you might have problems dealing with sharp things - running with scissors and such - but I had no idea it was THIS bad."

3. Zach pulls ANOTHER pink hat out from under his jacket and hands it to Vic, saying, "Here, have one of mine. I have LOTS of them now - people GIVE them to me."

4. Zach sits down leaving Victoria with a pink hat - and an awful confused expression on her face.

Hey, I can dream, can't I? :)

• Love 3

Haha.  Unfortunately the initial Zach/Victoria interaction will likely happen in the jury house (unless she makes Top 3 which is entirely possible).  I almost feel like Zach has seen this side of her for months, and now she is just proving him right.  She only showed hints of it in her snotty eviction comments, but I think it's the real her.  Who else would sue a city b/c she tripped on a crack in their sidewalk?!? She's a brat.

Zach interview:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/22/big-brother-zach-frankie-zankie/

• Love 3

Zach's dad is posting pictures of stuff fans sent to his fan PO box on Twitter. Needless to say, he has plenty of pink hats.

Zach also has surpassed 200k followers on Instagram, which boggles the mind. Hopefully CBS or some BB vets can teach him how to deal with rabid fans, because he might have an issue with... how to say politely... over-zealous people?