Type keyword(s) to search

It's Been Broughten': The DCC Live Chat Topic

Drogo
Message added by Drogo

NO SPOILERS HERE.  Before posting, make sure you've read the rules. [Click HERE if you haven't.]

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, go4luca said:

Although I'm West Coast so can't watch yet, I'm the opposite.  I prefer more dancing once IN TC than the auditions.

I think this is what I meant.

I want to see more DCC auditioning.....dancing.....feedback....etc....!

Rather than these boring ass personal stories.

I want to see the girls in Action! Learning and doing routines.

I want to see who can dance!

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Leia1021 said:

Okay, I'm officially an Amanda fan. No idea if she can dance, but her cat is adorable.

I felt the exact same way! Like, oh you’re a cat person? Girl, we good 

ETA - I already knew she could dance, but was on the fence based on her back story. Now I’m sold

Edited by Stephieg84
Clarifying
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Dance4Life said:

I really like the camp uniforms this year.

They iced them out!

I wonder if they have to buy them.....or, they were given to the girls.......especially for doing this show. 🤣

I think it's given to the girls. I'm pretty sure they have to return it at the end of the season. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Who brings a cat to someone’s house without asking??? I mean.... or ANY pet for that matter! 

Who invites a stranger to live with them... especially when you have a child

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

The scene with the nail salon was sooo weird. I was like..: why am I watching this??

i agree with the cuts but, Weird that they cut them mid practice though, right? No locker room good bye love for them! 

Glad we got to see the core scores a bit.

• Love 3

Wow.  Last season it took what seemed like forever for the first cut.  Two in one night and they didn’t even wait until the end of the night.  I guess they still have battle scars from Malena’s epic meltdown.  Not making the mistake of keeping them in training camp when they know they won’t make the squad.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, DragonFlyzz said:

Wow.  Last season it took what seemed like forever for the first cut.  Two in one night and they didn’t even wait until the end of the night.  I guess they still have battle scars from Malena’s epic meltdown.  Not making the mistake of keeping them in training camp when they know they won’t make the squad.

I love that they are doing this! It seems more humane not to allow them to waste so many weeks there and not to allow deep ties to form that make cuts all that much harder! 

• Love 2

This is so much better to cut when you know the person won't be able to make the team, instead of dragging it on forever.    

I love the uniform fittings, with the floatation devices comment.  That was hysterical. 

With the size of the houses, I bet some of the host families barely see the TCC they sponsor.   I bet most of them are staying until they make the team, and then move to their own place.   

I really like Kelli's hair this season, especially tonight. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, KatieLen said:

Who invites a stranger to live with them... especially when you have a child

People with ties to the organization. I think of it kind of like foreign exchange students. But I agree, there is some level of risk. At least the host families can go to the DCC Organization if there is a big problem. But, if I knew that background checks had been done, and that the person that was coming to live with me would be on their best behavior (because they are trying to make the team), I might consider it. I don’t have kids, though. 

• Love 1

I feel sad for the girls getting cut in the middle of practice because they don’t get the support and condolences of the rest of the team as they’re leaving. I’d think it’s also got to be difficult for the other TCCs who are trying to practice while watching other girls get called out and not coming back. Each one is probably wondering if she’ll be next rather than concentrating on dancing. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Tornado said:

I agree with the first 2 cuts, im so glad they didnt drag it out

I agree too, but the format is so different. Do the girls not get to say goodbye at the end of the night like usual? It was weird seeing them go to the locker room alone.

1 minute ago, Jazzhands said:

I feel sad for the girls getting cut in the middle of practice because they don’t get the support and condolences of the rest of the team as they’re leaving. I’d think it’s also got to be difficult for the other TCCs who are trying to practice while watching other girls get called out and not coming back. Each one is probably wondering if she’ll be next rather than concentrating on dancing. 

I really, really hope they didn't actually cut them right after groups were announced.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Tornado said:

I had no idea they did "host families"??? Have they always done that????

That whole Kat living situation was weird/awkward

I believe Nicole B stayed with a host family.  They used to do those blogs on the old website and someone talked about it.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

I believe Nicole B stayed with a host family.  They used to do those blogs on the old website and someone talked about it.

I think Yuko did as well, at least during her rookie season.  That appeared to be where she was living when Melissa and Jinelle went to see her.

I LOVE the way Travis teaches!!! Some of the way he explains stuff is so different from other teachers: “find contraction,” instead of “contract.”  He gave them a character that matches what K&J ask for. He demonstrated the difference of “recital/ competition” dance vs. really feeling it. (“I don’t want this to be like: look mom, see what I can do.”)

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Lily80 said:

I agree too, but the format is so different. Do the girls not get to say goodbye at the end of the night like usual? It was weird seeing them go to the locker room alone.

I really, really hope they didn't actually cut them right after groups were announced.

It sure looked like they were cut right after groups were announced.  Might just be editing.

5 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Really, all of the out-of-towners should do something like this. It makes a lot more sense than renting an apartment for what might turn out to be like two weeks.

• Love 5
Just now, Lily80 said:

Didn't Travis pick Victoria out last year too?

Yep

Just now, Jazzhands said:

Travis for point! 😉

Seriously, though, that was a fun segment. 

I actually would love to see men be allowed to join the squad

• Love 6