Type keyword(s) to search

Loki In The Media

• Start Topic

EXCLUSIVE: NEW DETAILS ON ‘LOKI’ DISNEY+ SERIES, HOW IT WILL TIE INTO ‘THOR: LOVE & THUNDER’
By Sean Steele - August 11, 2019
https://fandomwire.com/2019/08/11/loki-disney-plus-series-ties-into-thor-love-thunder/ 

WARNING #1: This article contains potential spoilers for both the Loki series as well as Thor: Love & Thunder.

Spoiler

Earlier this week, MCU Cosmic reported that previous rumors of Loki’s timeline meddling were true, but also added that the Space Stone will be used to help him travel to different times… where he will “change historical events.” This lines up with a new production logline provided to FandomWire:

“[Loki] Follows Loki after the events in Avengers: Endgame as the trickster uses the power of the Tesseract to travel throughout human history and change historical events”

This seems to be very in line with The God of Mischief’s character since the “branch timeline” Loki, having just tried enslaving a city with an alien army, has not yet been reformed by the events of Thor: The Dark World (2013) or Thor: Ragnarok (2017).
A source close to FandomWire has stated that Loki will end with The God of Mischief useing the Tesseract to hop through the multiverse… returning to the main MCU timeline/dimension, just in time for Thor: Love & Thunder.
At San Diego Comic-Con, Marvel Studios announced that Natalie Portman’s Jane Foster will be returning to the MCU, this time as the Goddess of Thunder. She took the stage as director, Taika Waititi, gifted her with Thor’s hammer, Mjolnir. Many have wondered how exactly Mjolnir will come back after being destroyed by Hela in Thor: Ragnarok (2017).

But much like how Mjolnir made a big comeback in Avengers: Endgame via time travel, the hammer will be returning to our main timeline along with Loki at the end of the Disney+ show.
This will set things up for Jane Foster to become the Mighty Thor and wield Mjolnir in Thor: Love & Thunder. It is still unclear what time (or exactly how) Loki will steal Mjolnir from. Could the events of Loki deem him worthy of lifting the hammer? It’s too early to tell, but this is sure to have some negative ramifications.

According to the actor himself, Tom Hiddleston, Loki will start filming early 2020 and is slated for a Spring 2021 release. Taika Waititi has finished the script for Thor: Love & Thunder and the movie is set to release on November 5, 2021.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

‘Loki’: Owen Wilson Joins Marvel Series On Disney+

Owen Wilson is headed to Disney+ and the small-screen corner of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Deadline has confirmed. The Cars and Zoolander actor is the new big-name addition to the cast of Loki, the Disney+ series starring Tom Hiddleston as the trickster demi-god and brother to Thor.

No word on the exact role Wilson will be handling, but it is a prominent character. Wilson, also an Oscar-nominated screenwriter (Bottle Rocket), is well known for his Wes Anderson films (The Royal Tenenbaums, The Grand Budapest Hotel, among them) and broader big-screen buddy comedies (including Wedding Crashers, Shanghai Noon, The Interns). He next stars in Anderson’s latest film, the upcoming The French Dispatch.

• Love 1

Loki Has a Chance to Be Marvel's Version of

Spoiler

Legends of Tomorrow

BY KELLEY MALLOY   MAR 12, 2020
article link

While many expected Tom Hiddleston to hang up his knives after the end of the Infinity Saga, Marvel Studios announced the actor would return to the role in a Disney+ series. Although information on the series is sparse, Hiddleston will reprise his role for a time-traveling journey that will see the God of Mischief

Spoiler

cross paths with an organization that is tasked with protecting the fabric of time and space: the Time Variance Authority.

Spoiler

If that premise sounds familiar, it's because it's eerily similar to The CW's Legends of Tomorrow. With the ability to time travel using the Tesseract coupled with Loki's desire for mischief and chaos, it's basically a foregone conclusion that the show will see the God of Mischief jump around to different points in history to throw a wrench in things. And with the inclusion of the TVA, it's easy to see how Loki may act as a possible successor to Legends of Tomorrow.

After Loki bounces around to some of his favorite events throughout history, it would make sense for the time cops to show up and recruit him, similar to Rip Hunter's journey in Legends of Tomorrow. In The CW series, Rip enlists a group of B-list heroes from the present under false pretenses to save his family from Vandal Savage's world domination in the future. If Loki follows a similar path, it could see the God of Mischief team up with the TVA to take on a bigger threat than him, leading him down the antihero path he followed in Thor: Ragnarok.

The upcoming Disney+ series Loki is planned for release in 2021 and will feature six episodes. In addition to Tom Hiddleston, the series will also star Owen Wilson, Sophia Di Martino and Gugu Mbatha-Raw.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Loki, Falcon, Moon Knight, She-Hulk & More: Kevin Feige on Ep Lengths

'Loki' and 'Falcon and the Winter Soldier' is being developed as six 40-50-minute episodes.

Set for May 2021 with Michael Waldron (Rick and Morty) as head writer and executive producer (with a possible second season already in play), and Kate Herron (Sex Education) directing and also executive producing, Loki finds Tom Hiddleston's God of Mischief on the run and on a mission during his unexpected, time-traveling walkabout. Joining Tennant (I think this should be Hiddleston?) on the series are Owen Wilson, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Sophia Di Martino, Wunmi Mosaku, and Richard E. Grant.

Loki Season 2 Reportedly Already in the Works

Rumor is they are just going to keep filming Loki and pop out Season 2 as well.

• Love 3

How Tom Hiddleston Helped Loki Co-Star Owen Wilson Prepare For His Role
MICK JOEST    FEB. 14. 2021
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2562910/how-tom-hiddleston-helped-loki-co-star-owen-wilson-prepare-for-his-role 

It sometimes feels like the MCU has snagged up so many actors it's becoming a shorter list to name who hasn't appeared in a project yet. Owen Wilson was one of those names until he was cast to play

Spoiler

Mobius M. Mobius

in Loki but, despite his acting prowess and decades of experience, comic book movies were still a box he hadn't checked off on his resume. So as you can imagine, he may have needed a bit of help, and co-star Tom Hiddleston was willing to pitch in.

Owen Wilson's role in Loki is described as "meaty," so it's a good thing Tom Hiddleston was willing to talk with the actor. Wilson spoke to SiriusXM about appearing on the show and explained the way Hiddleston helped him out during filming:

"Actually, Tom Hiddleston - who of course plays Loki, he kind of, or we kind of, they were almost like the Loki lecturers. And so he, for a couple days, walked me through everything and the whole lore and showing me clips from the other movies and how it all fed into this story. So it was really kind of Tom telling me about it and telling me about his character."

Personally, I'm curious as to how much Owen Wilson needed to know. It's worth noting that Loki will follow a different version of the character we've come to know and love, meaning this Loki only experienced the events of Thor and The Avengers before his escape in Avengers: Endgame. The character won't have experienced all those events that turned him into an anti-hero of sorts, so it will certainly be interesting to see how this Loki develops throughout the series.

With that being said,

Spoiler

Mobius works for the Time Variance Authority, so it stands to reason he would know all the versions of Loki even the show's God of Mischief may not be aware of.

This may be why Wilson needed every little bit of information he could grab from Tom Hiddleston, especially for one scene in Loki:

Spoiler

"And even in the way sometimes that he would describe his character, it was useful for me, because my character Mobius in Loki is kind of interviewing him at some point. So, it kind of worked doing it that way."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Here's TVLine's confirmation...

Marvel's Loki and Animated Star Wars: Bad Batch Get Disney+ Premiere Dates
By Matt Webb Mitovich / February 24 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/02/24/loki-premiere-date-disney-plus-star-wars-the-bad-batch/ 

Most recently penciled in for May, Loki is now set to premiere on Friday, June 11 — about three months after The Falcon and the Winter Soldier hits our screens. It stars MCU vet Tom Hiddleston as the God of Mischief, who steps out of his brother’s shadow in an adventure that takes place after the events of Avengers: Endgame. The cast also includes Owen Wilson, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Sophia Di Martino, Wunmi Mosaku and Richard E. Grant.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson made a brief virtual appearance during yesterday's launch event for The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (at around the 20:00 mark)...

Virtual Launch Event | Marvel Studios' The Falcon and The Winter Soldier | Disney+
Marvel Entertainment    Mar 18, 2021

• Love 2

Per the notes above, Tom's continued "Loki hair" in the video for TFATWS event makes sense if they are continuing to film a s2.  This is so exciting.  Tom had a burst of work for a while after The Avengers, and prior the pandemic it seems to have slowed down a bit (though, he was obviously dedicating time to the Pinter play).  Upon rewatching The Night Manager after LeCarre passed away, I believe any Hiddles is good Hiddles, and I can't wait to see more of him.  He's just so deliciously good as Loki, and you can tell that he 1) appreciates the character and 2) thinks Owen Wilson is fun. 

I love the poster and can't wait to see others.  The MCU series have so far been a huge delight to me, so I can't wait to see one of my fav's series.  While I resisted for a while, the Hamilton film and Loki were my primary reasons for finally breaking down and getting D+.  All those MCU series and actors upcoming look amazing:  I am an Orphan Black fan from way way back, so Tat Maslany can do no wrong for me. Oscar Isaac is bae all day...I just love him in everything he does even if the project sucks (Xmen...why lawd?!).   Seeing a young Muslim girl as Ms Marvel is gonna without question make me cry (as desi woman in her 30s that never saw things like that growing up). 

I saw a meme talking about the possible premise of Loki going to different points in time and just influencing for whatever reason and it cracked me up.  To paraphrase:

Romans:  Caesar is the WORST.

Loki:  IDK stab him **shrug**

Romans:  You know what?  Not a bad idea!

I'm a huge fan of Expedition Unknown and Josh Gates, so I'm loving the idea of Loki being some explanation for some historical weird shit, like DB Cooper and such. 

• Love 4

LOKI: New Evidence Suggests That TIN STAR Actor Jack Veal Is Indeed Playing

Spoiler

Kid Loki

RorMachine | 3/24/2021
article link 

Following the release of the new Loki poster, up-and-coming actor Jack Anthony Veal (Tin Star, End of the F*cking World) took to Instagram to share his excitement, confirming that he is indeed part of the cast in the process.

Spoiler

His response to a fan's comment also backs up speculation that he'll be playing a version of Loki Laufeyson, aka Kid Loki.

This isn't anything close to 100% confirmation, of course, but given what we already know about the premise of the series, it seems like a pretty safe assumption.

Spoiler

Sophie Di Martino is believed to be playing Lady Loki, while Richard E. Grant is rumored to have been cast as Older/Classic Loki.

Loki will see the God of Mischief step "out of his brother’s shadow in a new series that takes place after the events of Avengers: Endgame. Tom Hiddleston returns as the title character, joined by Owen Wilson, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Sophia Di Martino, Wunmi Mosaku and Richard E. Grant. Kate Herron directs Loki, and Michael Waldron is head writer."

Marvel's highly-anticipated Disney+ series is set to premiere on the streaming service on June 11.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Fun. But Loki giving a big speech about how clever he is? Rookie move. Whoever he's talking to will be several steps ahead of him and probably playing dumb in order to manipulate him.

Be nice if he was in fact rehearsing the speech and never actually says it to anyone.

It seems to me, the smartest thing a really smart person could do would be not to let on. Just quietly and efficiently get on with business without generating hard feelings or other friction.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Anduin said:

It seems to me, the smartest thing a really smart person could do would be not to let on. Just quietly and efficiently get on with business without generating hard feelings or other friction.

Like many villains, Loki's intellect is overshadowed by his ego.  What's the point of outwitting your enemies if you can't gloat about it every step of the way?

And I can't wait to hear the time bureau's discussion of the time heist. 

• Love 7

Totally copying my comment from the MCU thread:

That trailer looks so good! And curious that it's mentioned they want Loki's help fixing all of the new branched timelines, which must include the one Steve created - as well as TV show Loki's. Could the TVA's endgame (heh) be to snip all of the branches to end with eliminating the Loki who helped them to do it?

I love the trailer.  And the look was giving me major Doctor Who vibes from the circles to the aesthetic of the statues in the elevator shot to the music.  My thought immediately: TARDIS and Time Lords in the order.... And then, Timekeepers.  I'm deeply amused. 

I am looking forward to this because I just want to laugh. I don't want any analysis or "deep dives" about this. I want to laugh and giggle and from the trailers, I expect to do just that! And also swoon over Tom.

What?

Hmm...mebbe I should have posted this in the anticipation thread instead?

• Love 1

Tom Hiddleston and Gugu Mbatha-Raw were presenters at last night's BAFTA Film Awards 2021 ceremony, and Tom also gave a red carpet interview in which he talked about Loki...

Tom Hiddleston 2021 BAFTA Interview - Best British Film (Presenter)
HeyUGuys   Apr 12, 2021

-- On Loki, Tom Hiddleston: "It's really exciting. I can't believe I'm still playing the character. Um, I'm honored that I am still. Um, he's been a huge part of my life. I realized that I've played him for a quarter of my life? ... The great thing is, I was surrounded by amazing people - new - new - new people who haven't maybe played in this world before. Like Gugu and Wunmi Mosaku and Richard E. Grant and Owen Wilson, um, and they all bring such extraordinary, um, charisma and playfulness to their characters. And also to Kate Herron, our director, Michael Waldron, Eric Martin, Bisha K. Ali, Elissa Karasik, our writing team. Kevin Wright, our producer. ... Loki is the same - is the Loki you know in a world you don't know."

Tom Hiddleston Says Loki Is About ‘The Many Selves’ Of His MCU Anti-Hero – Exclusive
By Ben Travis   April 12, 2021
https://www.empireonline.com/tv/news/tom-hiddleston-loki-many-selves-mcu-antihero-exclusive/

Speaking to Empire in his world-exclusive new cover interview, Hiddleston talks about how fitting Loki’s font-shifting title card is when it comes to the show and the character. “I want to preserve the freshness of the show for when it emerges, but something to think about is the [show’s] logo, which seems to refresh and restore,” he teases. “The font of how Loki is spelled out seems to keep changing shape. Loki is the quintessential shapeshifter. His mercurial nature is that you don’t know whether, across the MCU, he’s a hero or a villain or an anti-hero. You don’t know whether you can trust him. He literally and physically changes shape into an Asgardian guard, or into Captain America repeatedly. Thor talks about how he could change into a snake.”
He continues: “I think that shapeshifting logo might give you an idea that Loki, the show, is about identity, and about integrating the disparate fragments of the many selves that he can be, and perhaps the many selves that we are. I thought it was very exciting because I’ve always found Loki a very complex construct. Who is this character who can wear so many masks, and changes shape, and seems to change his external feeling on a sixpence?”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

@tv echo the first video blocked due to copyright.

But DAYUM!!!! I could just close my eyes and listen to Tom read the boring-as-FUCK telephone book (Yes, I still have one!) for as long as it took for him to finish! He's up there with 💘💗💘Daniel Day-Fucking-Lewis💘💗💘 for me. And now I'm sad because I would love to see these two together in a play, movie, whatevah!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

@tv echo the first video blocked due to copyright.

Yeah, I deleted it from my post. It looks like BAFTA is being strict about video of their awards ceremony. I guess we'll have to be satisfied with media interview videos.

ETA: Fan videos of TH arriving at and leaving the BAFTAs...

#Tom Hiddleston Beautiful look 2021#BAFTAs.
Madonna   Apr 11, 2021

Tom Hiddleston LEAVES BAFTA Red Carpet 2021
UnBoxPHD   Apr 11, 2021

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The man really can wear a suit.  That three piece that he wore during the first Avengers promo was everything.

Getting more excited for this, although I don't want my hopes too high.

Also, I saw a box of Boku juice in the very end trailer.  Does anyone remember that?  The sophisticated high school juice box of the 90s.  Ha!

• Love 3

Marvel Studios Boss Describes Loki as 'Intriguingly Diferent'
BY SANDY SCHAEFER    APRIL 16, 2021
https://www.cbr.com/marvel-studios-kevin-feige-loki-intriguingly-different/

Marvel Studios President and Marvel Chief Creative Officer Kevin Feige has provided some insight into what audiences can expect from the upcoming Loki series.

"It is intriguingly different and I think we've called it a crime/thriller," Feige told the Internet Movie Database, "which is not something you would necessarily think of when it came to Loki. We enjoy that." He also indicated the show would be another "bold, creative swing" for Marvel Studios' Phase 4, much like Disney+'s WandaVision and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier aspired to break new ground for the Marvel Cinematic Universe before it.

IMDb video links:
https://www.imdb.com/video/vi662945817?ref_=hm_hp_i_3&listId=ls025720609 
https://www.facebook.com/imdb/videos/everything-we-know-about-the-future-of-marvel-on-disney-plus/163921995254712/

Loki Is the MCU's First Crime Thriller Teases Marvel Boss Kevin Feige
NEERAJ CHAND — April 16, 2021
https://movieweb.com/loki-mcu-crime-thriller-kevin-feige/ 

One of the most unexpected offerings from the MCU's first slate of shows on Disney+ is a miniseries centered around Loki, the trickster god, played by Tom Hiddleston. Not only did the character act as a villain for much of the run of the MCU, but he also died at the hands of Thanos in Avengers: Infinity War. Now, Loki is set to experience a fresh set of problems in an unexpected setting. While talking about their shows on Disney+, MCU showrunner Kevin Feige hinted that the events of Loki will play out as a "crime thriller".

"[WandaVision] is probably the most overt level -- black and white, old fashioned aspect ratio -- but every show that we're working on I think is about creative swings for both Marvel Studios, the MCU and television. So I'm very excited about what we've already shown on Falcon and The Winter Solider -- that is a very big scale epic action buddy series that we're excited about. Loki, we've not said much about, but is intriguingly different and I think we've called it a 'crime thriller' -- which is not something you would necessarily think of when it came to Loki."
"The trailer [for the series] shows a face-to-face with the Time Variance Authority. The TVA. An organization that governs the order of time. Pretty big institution. Substantial responsibility to make sure that time unfolds according to predetermined lines. So you have an institution that represents order, and a character that represents chaos. Therein begins the drama."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

In this IndieWire interview, Marvel Studios VP of Production & Development Nate Moore indicated that Loki would be a series that could support multiple seasons...

‘The Falcon and the Winter Soldier’ Will Run as a Drama Series at 2021 Emmys — Exclusive
Ben Travers   April 19, 2021
https://www.indiewire.com/2021/04/falcon-and-winter-soldier-emmys-drama-series-season-2-plans-interview-1234631267/

When asked if any upcoming Marvel series are on a similar track to support multiple seasons, like “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier,” Moore pointed to “Loki,” starring Tom Hiddleston.

“The one that comes to mind — and that probably isn’t a secret — I think there’s a lot of storytelling in ‘Loki’ that’s really irreverent and clever and cool, but also lends itself to multiple seasons in a way where it’s not a one-off,” Moore said. “Tom Hiddleston, I think, is doing some of his best work on that show. It really is kind of amazing. I think of all the great stuff he’s done, but this show is going to show such different sides and really the true scope of his range. I think that show is going to surprise a lot of people.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Loki Disney+: New Synopsis Teases Possible 'Deletion' of Tom Hiddleston's Character
By: Savannah Sanders    April 29, 2021
https://thedirect.com/article/loki-tom-hiddleston-disney-plot-reality-time-villain 

Loki starring Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson is set to release on June 11, 2021 on Disney+. But as opposed to the slightly more heroic Loki who died by Thanos' hand in Avengers: Infinity War, this new series focuses on the Loki variant who escaped with the Tesseract in New York during Avengers: Endgame. 
In a new book by Marvel Comics titled Marvel's Loki: The Art of the Series, the synopsis reveals Tom Hiddleston's Loki faces "deletion from reality" in the upcoming Loki Disney+ series.

"Picking up immediately after Loki steals the Tesseract (again), he finds himself called before the Time Variance Authority, a bureaucratic organization that exists outside of time and space, forced to answer for his crimes against the timeline and given a choice: face deletion from reality or assist in catching an even greater threat."
Recently the packaging of Marvel Legends figure of Loki confirmed the series plot involves the existence of a "sacred timeline" and that the show will pick up “mere moments” after Loki's escape from custody in Avengers: Endgame.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 2
(edited)

2021 Summer TV Premiere Schedule: List Of New And Returning Shows
PHILIP SLEDGE    MAY. 1. 2021
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2566590/2021-summer-tv-premiere-schedule-list-of-new-and-returning-shows

Friday, June 11
LOKI - Disney+ - 3:01 a.m. (Superhero Action)

New Loki promotional image promotes his Presidential run
By Michael Weyer    May 1, 2021
https://www.monstersandcritics.com/tv/new-loki-promotional-image-promotes-his-presidential-run/

A new promotional image for the upcoming Disney+ series harkens to a famous Loki tale as the God of Lies tried for America’s highest office only to come to a surprising result.

Original Source:
https://www.instagram.com/p/COTSPrJnR4q/

loki_politicalposter_050221.jpg.e0d0c6342fad7cb3551b5c7c11dd3112.jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Not much new but a promo aired last night. 

Edited by Guest
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Wednesdays are Fridays? Time travel, eh? Or just plain godly mischief? 

No, Loki loved Fridays, but he always sought the approval of Wednesdays.

Edited by AimingforYoko
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3