Type keyword(s) to search

Daytime Emmys: This Year, It's Actually on TV…Oops, Spoke Too Soon

• Start Topic

I thought Kathy was out of line with the little I saw, honestly. I used to adore Kathy, but the show is bad enough without Kathy regurgitating the same shit she does night after night - she has no new material, she doesn't seem to care, she just has these ancient chestnuts she keeps trotting out which are embarrassing to listen to, and the world has passed her and her show on Bravo by. Going after the easiest possible target of a soap opera that just won Best Show and its producer in 2014 isn't exactly the same thing as dogging Oprah or Lindsay Lohan in their prime. I am hardly JFP's biggest fan, but even I was like, give it a rest, Kathy.

(edited)

ninaandfamily_zps85823087.jpg

michelle stafford ‏@TheRealStafford

My new pretend family...:) #GH

ms07222014_zpsb4a848ad.jpg

ms07222014b_zpse48a8f7e.jpg

ms07222014a_zps08650c33.jpeg

Michelle always is one of the best dressed at the Emmy's!  Hardly looks 45!

Edited by cgoff0704
  • Love 1

Y'all, I'm cool with everyone snarking on characters, but I'm starting to feel a little icky about the comments made about what certain actors and actresses look like. I've seen it a bunch throughout the forum, and I'm going to start asking folks in all the threads to tone that down. That said, if you want to talk about what the folks are wearing, that's totally fine. Thanks.

• Love 3

Ha! B&B gets the directing award. Though actually, I think the GH team doesn't do too badly. Of course, there are the awkward fight scenes, but I think that's probably a soapwide problem. They don't have the time to get the coverage right.

This is a shockingly classy Daytime Emmys for the most part, actually. The best I've seen in a long time. Most recent ceremonies would never have remembered half those dead folks.

• Love 2

Oh, lord. This is Tony's twilight Emmy. He's a towering talent with years of incredible work, but he was wretched as Fluke.

Look at poor Tony trying to pull himself away from Kelly Monaco. (Others were trying to free him, too.)

• Love 4

Because that's just what Tony needed: One more Emmy. The Academy may not be sick of him (HA!, Tony), but I am. -_-

Kelly grabbing onto Tony gave me life. Is that her drunk moment of the night?

Edited by UYI
  • Love 4

Oh, Christ. TG has another Emmy. Now I KNOW no one watches the submitted clips and votes just by name recognition. But the fact that RC's and TG's vanity shit was validated in any way makes me twitchy.

• Love 6

Shemar Moore is always a class act. I appreciate him taking time out to a) honor the Bell family and b) warn young people like Bryan Craig and Kelly Thiebaud to stay off social media.

• Love 7
(edited)

Okay, TG won his Emmy. Can Luke effing leave now?

How the flying figgity fuck did Tony "LUCAS . . . LORENZO . . . SPEN-CER!!!!" Geary win another Emmy. His performances in 2014 (and this year and pretty much every year since 2006-ish) were awful at worst and laughable at best.

I'm really glad I don't get the Pop channel because I probably would have done my best 'Sonny Corinthos' impression thrown my wine glass at the tv when they read his name.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 4

Because that's just what Tony needed: One more Emmy. The Academy may not be sick of him (HA!, Tony), but I am. -_-

Kelly grabbing onto Tony gave me life. Is that her drunk moment of the night?

Other people tried to pry Kelly off Grandpa.

Meanwhile, Bryan and Kelly T. bumrush Maura to try and stay on national television for as long as possible.

NO KELLY NO

Nevermind, Maura's also drunk.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

Oh, Christ. TG has another Emmy. Now I KNOW no one watches the submitted clips and votes just by name recognition. But the fact that RC's and TG's vanity shit was validated in any way makes me twitchy.

It's like, gee, thanks Frank, for sitting down Tony Geary and asking him what he'd like to do after 37 years that he hasn't done yet. Because poor Tony Geary has been so hamstrung on this show!

• Love 4

Who won Lead Actress?

My QUEEN. So fucking well deserved. I'm so seriously happy for her. She loves her job so much, and she always gives 100% to everything. Even Ron's crap writing cannot detract from her talent.

• Love 12

Maura West.

So, basically, the two characters I cannot stand and FF, won best actor and actress. Lololol.

My QUEEN. So fucking well deserved. I'm so seriously happy for her. She loves her job so much, and she always gives 100% to everything. Even Ron's crap writing cannot detract from her talent.

Thanks. I wanted Alison Sweeney to win. Oh well.

I'll have to see if I can watch some of it later just to see some drunken antics.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 1

Ugh, what is with the Daytime Emmys and ties?  I hate that shit.

But HA...two soaps won and neither was GH.

They only have four soaps left so really at this point it isn't even a tie, 50% took home a trophy tonight. It is all just too sad for words at this point, imho.

I wonder just how much shade Ron threw tonight over yet again leaving empty handed. I didn't watch, I didn't even know it was coming on tonight, but just seeing the end results made me smile to think that those at the "top", so to speak, still aren't having a single second of his bullshit and delusions of grander over what he's been doing to, and on, the show.

I wonder just how much shade Ron threw tonight over yet again leaving empty handed.

But did he, really? Oh, I know he didn't specifically win, but Tony Geary won. Maura West won. And Chad Duell won. All under Ron's poison pen, so I think his ego would still take solace from that.

Which sucks.

I realize it really means squat since the vast ocean of soaps has become a puddle, but unfortunately, I think it's enough that his "vision" or whatever the hell it is has been validated.

• Love 1

I have rarely seen anyone as trashed as Maura was up there. But I dunno, maybe I'm misreading it and she was just very emotional.

I'd say it was 80% emotion, 20% alcohol. She didn't expect to win. Everyone said that Ali had it in the bag.

• Love 1

Shemar Moore is always a class act. I appreciate him taking time out to a) honor the Bell family and b) warn young people like Bryan Craig and Kelly Thiebaud to stay off social media.

This is really not the place to talk about it, but I've seen some of Shemar's Twitter feed. Bryan prattling about Corvettes ain't got nothing on Shemar prattling about how much time he spends at the gym.

I'd say it was 80% emotion, 20% alcohol. She didn't expect to win. Everyone said that Ali had it in the bag.

I am perhaps inordinately amused at Ava beating out Sami. Or.....perhaps not.

• Love 1

These awards are so weird.  One soap wins best writing AND best directing, but isn't one of the two soaps that tie for best daytime drama?  Huh?

That's my problem with most award shows, even the Oscars pull that. Don't even get me started on how at the Grammy's you can win album of the year yet lose your genre category!

Anyway, very happy for Chad! I missed the actual win thanks to the Yankee/Met game going on tonight too and I would have liked to see it. I missed best actress too, which I was fine with until I came here and read Maura was drunk. I really wanted Laura Wright to win. Of course my flipping timed out to see that Geary's still Mr. Popularity... Wow.

• Love 1

While I love Maura and am thrilled that she won, I must admit I just shuddered when it dawned on me that Crypt!Sex has now officially won an Emmy.

Maybe she won for being remotely able to pretend to be into that nasty shit. 

• Love 5

Meh, if I had to put up with actually having it happen in the first place, I might as well get an Emmy out of it. Anyway, the dialogue leading up to it was actually good, it was a really good reel. It was the very end and everything that came after it that was eye gouge worthy.

• Love 3

I was initially really sad when Ali didn't win and they didn't announce her name, but I AM still really happy for Maura. Would have loved it if she had name checked ATWT somehow, but saying something about things happening "twice in a lifetime" did seem like a subtle dig at Y&R! LOL.

Found this on another soap thread:

wedrunk_zpsdrnmmd6f.jpg

• Love 11