Type keyword(s) to search

Daytime Emmys: This Year, It's Actually on TV…Oops, Spoke Too Soon

• Start Topic

Chad won? Woo hoo! He was amazing during the AJ reveal. Maybe once TG leaves JT can finally get his Emmy. No guy cries as well as he does.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 6

Sigh - maybe next year more of us will be able to watch the awards.

Moving on, ducking here, but I think that all three who earned GH acting awards were deserving winners.  Chad Duell has been impressing many of us ... and I am even more impressed because this is his first year in the supporting actor category where competition is much stiffer than in the younger actor category.

I really have to hide behind protective barriers when I say the following, but I do think that Tony Geary's win for his initial scenes with Luke and "Fluke" were deserving of positive recognition.   Emmy judging is based on a single episode and, as I watched that first meeting of the "two" Lukes, I thought that those scenes could be winners.  I really thought Tony did a fine job of creating two very different personae.   That was before the wheels fell off and so many of his scenes degenerated into OTT camp.

As for Maura West, BRAVA!  Talent-wise, she consistently ranks up there with the very best performers.  When it comes to assessing acting, I don't care if she plays the most despicable character ever - as long as she does it well.  It's about acting - not likeability (said Anthony Hopkin's Hannibal Lecter as he ate liver and fava beans while his Oscar set on the table beside his ill-gotten meal). 

I do think that GH has a talented cast and, with better writing and editing, we could see more wins in the future. 

• Love 3

Are there any clips of acceptance speeches? Or red carpet stuff? I don't get POP TV so couldn't watch. Not sure I would have anyway, but I'd like to see chad and Maura at least.

Not thrilled that TOny won again, because yeah, this just validates Ron's moronic story. But I suppose at least the show didn't win best drama. Not that Y&R deserved it either but somehow JFP always finds a way.

Does anyone remember the "Friends" episode where Joey was nominated for a soap award, lost, and the camera caught him ranting to Rachel?

I'm kinda surprised the camera didn't catch Bryan and/or Kelly getting angry when Freddie won.

• Love 5
I'm kinda surprised the camera didn't catch Bryan and/or Kelly getting angry when Freddie won

For real.  They were in the faces of the other people who lost all night, but they managed to miss them?

But Bryan Craig was mad, though.  He barely smiled and nodded when Freddie Smith's name was called.  A lot of the "experts" said he was going to win so he probably went in believing that, but they called Freddie Smith's name instead.  I wonder if he still would've been mad if Tequan had won instead.

Edited by superdeluxe
But Bryan Craig was mad, though.  He barely smiled and nodded when Freddie Smith's name was called.  A lot of the "experts" said he was going to win so he probably went in believing that, but they called Freddie Smith's name instead.  I wonder if he still would've been mad if Tequan had won instead.

Heh. This is why you don't count your chickens before they've hatched. Suck it, Bryan Craig. I bet he'd have been as pissed if TR won—after all, it still wasn't him.

• Love 4

Hated the "fan favorite" categories.  Best bitch slap? I hate that this is soap trope. And I especially hate that it is a celebrated soap trope.  We can't move past this in this day and age?  It perpetuates the notion that women are just a fight over a man away from turning into emotional creatures, that women are each other's worst enemies and live to tear each other down, and that they are incapable of expressing anger without violence.

And, yes, that last point is the same of men as well. When they engage in fist fighting, to me it means that they are acting like juveniles.

Shemar Moore is always a class act. I appreciate him taking time out to a) honor the Bell family and b) warn young people like Bryan Craig and Kelly Thiebaud to stay off social media.

Love him. he tried to warn them but, who knows. The  most human actor out there. No afraid to be remembered for a soap. watched Criminal Minds at first because of him. Him and Joanna Moore seemed to appreciate where they got their start, and even with their talent thankful for it.

The very best thing about the 2015 emmy's was FrankenRon got exactly what they deserved nothing. No best show, No best writers, and no best directors...When the actors on GH win, they do it in spite of tiic.

Edited by Stinger97
Combined double posts
  • Love 5

Shemar was wrong, though. The last time he represented a Lead Actress Emmy was for LW in 2011. Poor Laura, she was right there in the audience, and a nominee again. Wonder if she would have brought that up had she won. :P

Interestingly enough, both she and now Maura have won Emmys in their 20th year in daytime--Laura in 2011 (first on Loving in 1991) and now Maura this year (first on ATWT in 1995). 

Love him. he tried to warn them but, who knows. The  most human actor out there. No afraid to be remembered for a soap. watched Criminal Minds at first because of him. Him and Joanna Moore seemed to appreciate where they got their start, and even with their talent thankful for it.

The very best thing about the 2015 emmy's was FrankenRon got exactly what they deserved nothing. No best show, No best writers, and no best directors...When the actors on GH win, they do it in spite of tiic.

It's Julianne Moore, but I agree. The late Joanna Moore was the in the movie Touch of Evil, and was Ryan O'Neal's first wife and Tatum O'Neal's mother :) .

but Tony Geary won. Maura West won. And Chad Duell won. All under Ron's poison pen

Well look at it this way, GH has a strong enough caliber of actors to rise above the shit and turn it into gold. Save for TG who I think has been consistently over acting since the Fluke story started.

• Love 8
Shemar was wrong, though. The last time he represented a Lead Actress Emmy was for LW in 2011. Poor Laura, she was right there in the audience, and a nominee again. Wonder if she would have brought that up had she won. :P

Yet more evidence that the daytime emmy awards have been irrelevant for the past 10 years?

• Love 1

The judges watched one scene and the dialogue wasn't written by RC. It was arguably the least terrible scene in the entire hideous 1,000 year storyline and they didn't have to sit through/FF the entire 2 years of this shite. 

I think TG only got the Emmy because he's Tony Geary and I hope it was a going away present

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4

Heh. This is why you don't count your chickens before they've hatched. Suck it, Bryan Craig. I bet he'd have been as pissed if TR won—after all, it still wasn't him.

YMMV and this is strictly IMO but to me, Bryan Craig seems as immature and unpleasant in "real life" as he does on the show.

I am appalled that Anthony Geary won for that shit-fest he has been foisting upon us for the past year or so. Oh Tony, how far you have fallen.

It is an embarrassment. 

I'm glad Chad and Maura won - they were actually deserving of their Emmys.

And, although she is on another soap (Y&R), I am equally appalled that HK actually won. Again! WTF?

These awards are a joke. And not a funny one, either.

Edited by fishsanwitt
  • Love 4

YMMV and this is strictly IMO but to me, Bryan Craig seems as immature and unpleasant in "real life" as he does on the show.

It's not just you. And I wish it was, cause I still find him hot on screen a lot of the time. Damn it!

• Love 4

Yet more evidence that the daytime emmy awards have been irrelevant for the past 10 years?

More like 15. Once Susan Lucci FINALLY won in '99 after being nominated 70 billion times and people would tune in to find out if it was her year or not, it was all over. No need for the mainstream audience to keep coming back.

And they didn't.

Remember when the Daytime Emmys were an event and soaps would have primetime episodes airing before it? Sigh.

• Love 4

There are the CUTEST pics of Billy and Kelly floating around. They are adorbs, I don't care.

Is it the one where people are freaking the fuck out because she is "holding" his hand?   She is being called some nasty things by some vile people over it.  It's sad and silly.  It's a casual shot and is pretty innocent.  People are really stupid.

• Love 3

Is it the one where people are freaking the fuck out because she is "holding" his hand? She is being called some nasty things by some vile people over it. It's sad and silly. It's a casual shot and is pretty innocent. People are really stupid.

There are a few pics of them hugging real close and she's smiling up at him. Super cute.

Why are people being nasty? Am I missing something? Who cares if they were holding hands? So odd.

There are a few pics of them hugging real close and she's smiling up at him. Super cute.

Why are people being nasty? Am I missing something? Who cares if they were holding hands? So odd.

It's the same people that love to call her names over her playboy past.  Names I can't repeat here (since they are fortunately banned).   They aren't even really holding hands, she looks like she is either trying to get his attention, or they were in the middle of telling a story and she got animated or something.  People are making it sound like she was throwing herself at him all night.  I usually ignore it, but sometimes it is too silly to not comment.

• Love 2

More like 15. Once Susan Lucci FINALLY won in '99 after being nominated 70 billion times and people would tune in to find out if it was her year or not, it was all over. No need for the mainstream audience to keep coming back.

And they didn't.

Remember when the Daytime Emmys were an event and soaps would have primetime episodes airing before it? Sigh.

I only ever tried to watch them once, to see if FH would win. She did -- but wasn't there to accept her award, so my commandeering the family tv that night turned out to be pointless. I wonder if Susan Lucci was also ticked off -- "she's not even HERE! Why not ME?!" Hee.

I have no idea if she was even nominated, but it would've been nice for FH to win again just so she could give a speech - like, "and now I have a set of bookends! And I got to give my speech! I think I'll quit this mess now!" That would've amused me greatly.

• Love 1

It's the same people that love to call her names over her playboy past. Names I can't repeat here (since they are fortunately banned). They aren't even really holding hands, she looks like she is either trying to get his attention, or they were in the middle of telling a story and she got animated or something. People are making it sound like she was throwing herself at him all night. I usually ignore it, but sometimes it is too silly to not comment.

SMH. They're just haters, man. KeMo is gorgeous and Billy looked happy to be in her presence. Whatever.

• Love 2

Kin just tweeted this message and picture. They really are friends in real life. :)

Congrats to my longtime friend and arch enemy on his 8th win @GeneralHospital pic by @justJimWarren # Tony Geary

CDoXgdRWMAE2uTd.jpg

• Love 11

The photo of CD and LW is really nice.

Kin has such a great sense of humor; I wish Scott weren't written as such a crabby old man. I know that's been a part of Scott for a long time, but there's no relief. Like so many other characters, he's so one-note.

• Love 6

Finally got around to watching the show (had to take the kid to the WWE PPV Sunday night).  Genie looks amazing.  It's criminal that she hasn't been on our screens for this Fluke story.  Criminal.  

Maura and Kelly were drunk as hell.  Acting winners aside, you just know Ron is pissed as hell that not only didn't his crew get the writing nod, but, even with two out of four shows taking home the best show trophy, GH wasn't one of them.  

• Love 6

Interestingly enough, both she and now Maura have won Emmys in their 20th year in daytime--Laura in 2011 (first on Loving in 1991) and now Maura this year (first on ATWT in 1995). 

It's Julianne Moore, but I agree. The late Joanna Moore was the in the movie Touch of Evil, and was Ryan O'Neal's first wife and Tatum O'Neal's mother :) .

You are so right on both counts. I

It could be, but I'm going to choose to be a Pollyanna and say that La Lucci's starpower overshadowed poor Laura. Oh well--Laura's a fellow Marylander; I'll stand behind her! (Without getting too OT, that's something ALL of Maryland needs to do right now.) 

Once again JFP had to have the last word and not wrap up when told. While I have to admit I liked her speech about standing should to shoulder with the other shows, I hated that she's the one to say it.