Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Looks like Sherri is having some trouble, weight-wise.  Maybe someone should recommend this book to her:

th?&id=OIP.M6ff16093200c6c4a6f63aed19767

(I'm not fat-shaming, I'm "Writing a book when you don't know what you're talking about"  shaming).

• Love 5

I saw our girl Nicole do a special interview with her old boss, Jeb Bush last night on MSNBC.   I thought she looked great and did a pretty good job.  Mostly I liked how she talked about the interview with the panel; admitting she had a big bias etc.   Oh and her hair on the show (not really during the interview) looked really good.  She's added lowlights to all that blonde.  

• Love 2

"Speaking from my personal experience, working for Roger Ailes and with Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade was by far the most rewarding time in my 16-year broadcasting career," the former Fox & Friends co-host tells ET in a statement.

Bitsy had a 16-year broadcasting career???

• Love 5

No. She was on Survivor in the season that ran in early 2001. That was hardly "broadcasting." And what a smack in the face that line is to the people at the View who gave her her start.

Makes you wonder if she even wrote this, or whether it was written for her. Hmm.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Even taking Bitsy at her word, her experience is irrelevant to Gretchen's experience.

So true. Just like another woman on The View today. He doesn't have to harass every woman he comes into contact with to prove Gretchen Carlson's case.

• Love 11
(edited)

Is defending Roger Ailes just Bitsy's way of staying relevant?  Guess none of the Fox doofuses thought Bitsy was worth their time and just let her be!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/exclusive-elisabeth-hasselbeck-speaks-out-on-sexual-harassment-claims-against-fox-news-ceo-roger-ailes/ar-BBugpC1?li=BBnbfcL

Hmmm. Interesting. I came here today to share this New York Magazine article update on some of the accusers' accounts:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/can-the-murdochs-contain-the-ailes-damage.html

"According to sources I spoke with, at least three former Fox anchors have been harassed.One former rising star at the network has said that Ailes approached her during a barbecue at Fox & Friends host Steve Doocy’s house in New Jersey while she was bouncing on a trampoline with children and said, “Are you wearing any panties? I wish you weren't.” 

Before I saw the above Hasselbeck defense of Ailes, I thought this just might be her. We all know Hasselbeck has 3 small kids and is athletic. I very much could see her doing the trampoline thing. She also was friendly with Mrs. Doocey - so going to their house seems plausible.

Hmm. Not convinced yet that she really is defending him. And personally I am still raising an eyebrow (like many) at her brief time in that cushy Fox job, her reason for leaving, her quick departure and that dramatic, over the top, ridiculous send off they gave her. And as much as I have long disliked her, I don't think she did anything with Ailes. But did he try? The jury is out. 

Did she get a fantastic, ala  Andrea Mackris vs. Sleaze O'Reilly, set for life, out of court..... pay out???????

Edited by Bossa Nova
punctuation and adding more info
  • Love 5

Shut up, Bitsy. 16 year broadcasting career my ass. She lucked up by making it onto Survivor. Any career she claims can be attributed to Sweatie Geddie, who basically molded her into the obnoxious puppet she became.

No, Bits won't say anything negative about Ailes. Like any typical, dedicated FAUX-head, she'll sing their praises of truth, justice, God & patriotism -- while choosing to remain complicit in their bullshit media outlet disguised as news..

I hope Gretchen Carlson & the other women win BIG.

• Love 14

Shut up, Bitsy. 16 year broadcasting career my ass. She lucked up by making it onto Survivor. Any career she claims can be attributed to Sweatie Geddie, who basically molded her into the obnoxious puppet she became.

No, Bits won't say anything negative about Ailes. Like any typical, dedicated FAUX-head, she'll sing their praises of truth, justice, God & patriotism -- while choosing to remain complicit in their bullshit media outlet disguised as news..

I hope Gretchen Carlson & the other women win BIG.

Me too. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't know what Bitsy is trying to accomplish with these comments.  Is she trying to suggest that just because it didn't happen to her, it didn't happen to anyone else, either?   Or that she is so special, no one would dare treat her that way?  Or is she just trying to get her name in the the news because she feels left out? Maybe she is just sucking up to FOX because she wants to go back one day or something and she's basically offering her services as a witness for the defense to curry favor.

Regardless of her intentions, I agree with those who have posted that her comments add nothing to the story.  The fact that SHE wasn't harassed is irrelevant.  I am sure lots of women weren't.  It doesn't mean it didn't happen to Gretchen Carlson.  Or to the ten other women who have come forward. 

She is just stupid to involve herself in this flustercluck and she needs to pipe down before she gets a Whoopi Goldberg defending Bill Cosby taint about her. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 7

I gotta say that trampoline story *is* intriguing. It is the kind of thing she'd do (although it's almost too fun for her!) and yes, she seemed to like the Dooceys and would likely attend an event at their house.

Strikes against it are (a) good soldier Bitsy telling someone about this, and (b) she's no "rising star." It was a pity hire.

• Love 3
(edited)
On July 13, 2016 at 6:53 PM, Bossa Nova said:

Hmmm. Interesting. I came here today to share this New York Magazine article update on some of the accusers' accounts:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/07/can-the-murdochs-contain-the-ailes-damage.html

"According to sources I spoke with, at least three former Fox anchors have been harassed.One former rising star at the network has said that Ailes approached her during a barbecue at Fox & Friends host Steve Doocy’s house in New Jersey while she was bouncing on a trampoline with children and said, “Are you wearing any panties? I wish you weren't.” 

Before I saw the above Hasselbeck defense of Ailes, I thought this just might be her. We all know Hasselbeck has 3 small kids and is athletic. I very much could see her doing the trampoline thing. She also was friendly with Mrs. Doocey - so going to their house seems plausible.

Hmm. Not convinced yet that she really is defending him. And personally I am still raising an eyebrow (like many) at her brief time in that cushy Fox job, her reason for leaving, her quick departure and that dramatic, over the top, ridiculous send off they gave her. And as much as I have long disliked her, I don't think she did anything with Ailes. But did he try? The jury is out. 

Did she get a fantastic, ala  Andrea Mackris vs. Sleaze O'Reilly, set for life, out of court..... pay out???????

I was thinking that it was Alisyn Camerota who after leaving Fox has never mentioned the network or really talk to anyone she worked with. She only talked about how amazing CNN is for her. 

and after some research other than Elisabeth, Andrea Tantaros is the only other fox host/anchor that has recently left (even though she is apparently just in negotiation for her contract, she's been off air for 3 months).

Edited by Bmarsh
  • Love 1

I usually watch The View on the ABC app on my kindle. They updated it recently, and now have added some digital-only shows, one of which I noticed stars Michelle Collins:

http://www.newnownext.com/michelle-collins-all-my-gay-friends-are-getting-married-lands-on-abc-streaming-service/07/2016/

http://worldofwonder.net/michelle-collins-hosts-new-show-gay-friends-getting-married-exclusively-launches-abc-digital-app/

I'm glad they at least gave her something after that unceremonious dumping.

• Love 3

So I just heard CNN say that Roger Ailes has been given a timeline to resign after Megyn Kelly came forward to say that yeah, he the nasty pig harassed her once upon a time, too.  

There are several stories out ... Here is one from NY Magazine.

I wonder how Bitsy is feeling about all this.   Is she sitting around thinking how disgusting it all is and how lucky she was to have been spared the experience?  Or is she wondering why she was not the object of Ailes' attentions and resenting not being able to be part of the story? Or is she still thinking it's a all a pack of lies because it didn't happen to her? 

I am waiting for her to chime in.  I doubt she will be able to resist.

• Love 3

Well, who knows, maybe she's lying now and he *did* say or do something gross to her. I did find it odd how she thanked him profusely when she was leaving, referring to him as the "most powerful man" in the media?

If I were giving a goodbye speech, and thanking a boss  who I genuinely liked, I would say thinks like "smart", "kind", "principled" etc.  "Powerful" is an adjective which is not necessarily a "good" thing and doesnt reflect on character  (Putin, the NRA, the Koch brothers etc are all "powerful.") It just seems an odd thing to say, unless his power was on her mind (eg, she had seen his "power" on display, or was scared by it, etc.)

Or, given this is ambitious, competitive Bitsy that we are talking about, she thinks it's great to call someone "powerful." I may be over thinking this.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Fisher King said:

Yeah, I'm no fan of Ann Coulter yet she tells HuffPo that ‘Every Woman Who Has Ever Been Employed By Fox’ Has Stories About Roger Ailes'

If there's any truth to that at all then Bitsy had to have encountered Ailes's grimy paws at some point.

Oh I'm sure that's the case - I'm guessing her sudden departure after only one year had something to do with it too - whether settlement or whatever.  

• Love 2

Nicole Wallace is doing convention coverage for NBC.  I only turned it on at 11 to hear Lester Holt say, "this convention is a mess" and Nicole laughing hysterically.  Then Tom Brokaw joined them and she laughed harder at his comments.

• Love 4
(edited)

Every time I stumble across Nicole on a show, I am so glad she is off The View.  I mean, she was nice enough.  I don't dislike her the way I do Paula. But I don't care how much she knows about a subject ... somehow she always manages to come across as being dippy.  Her nasal voice kills me andthewayshetalksrealfast anddoesntenunciateherwords.  ugh.  I watch for three minutes to confirm that she is still as annoying as I remember her being, then change the channel. I can't understand what she is saying anyway, so why watch her?

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Every time I stumble across Nicole on a show, I am so glad she is off The View.  I mean, she was nice enough.  I don't dislike her the way I do Paula. But I don't care how much she knows about a subject ... somehow she always manages to come across as being dippy.  Her nasal voice kills me andthewayshetalksrealfast anddoesntenunciateherwords.  ugh.  I watch for three minutes to confirm that she is still as annoying as I remember her being, then change the channel. I can't understand what she is saying anyway, so why watch her?

I agree, plus it looks to me like she has a film on her teeth!  How shallow is that of me!  But, I find it annoying.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Nicole Wallace is doing convention coverage for NBC.  I only turned it on at 11 to hear Lester Holt say, "this convention is a mess" and Nicole laughing hysterically.  Then Tom Brokaw joined them and she laughed harder at his comments.

I've been watching her all week and think she's been doing a great job.  I think she looks great too, by the way, and by that I mean she looks happy.  She's in her lane and it shows.    Still, no question how she earned the nickname "cackles" LOL.  

• Love 5

She is right, but this didn't just happen all of the sudden, and I will posit that the fearmongering and anti-intellectual administration that she worked for, and the ignorant VP candidate she tried to manage, played a big part in getting there.

• Love 13

Not sure how Geddie would get caught up in the Ailes mess, unless he harassed women at ABC and all the Ailes attention gets people at ABC thinking. But Ailes was a much more powerful person.

• Love 1