Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

If you're on facebook, watch the video the Fox & Friends producers posted about Bitsy. It's kinda weird. I can't tell if they like her or not. 

Oh gah, that's so awful. They really did try their best to say positive things about her, but just like FOX, it's all crap. I did crack up at the kid with the miniature UPS truck. Elisabeth tried to interact but the kid wanted nothing to do with her.

(Sorry for repeating what you wrote, Cosmo!)

Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 4

May I ask all of you to join me in a Schadenfreude dance? You must skip around in a circle, bringing your knees up high, and wave your hands, palms open facing away from you in a back and forth windshield wiper motion, as you prance and dance and smirk in celebration.

My handbasket to hell awaits me.

I am right there with you in the dance. 

Sheesh , Louise. Hasselbeck is GONE  from television !!!

...for now.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 5

Oh gah, that's so awful. They really did try their best to say positive things about her, but just like FOX, it's all crap. I did crack up at the kid with the miniature UPS truck. Elisabeth tried to interact but the kid wanted nothing to do with her.

(Sorry for repeating what you wrote, Cosmo!)

Hey, that kid telling Bitsy not to get in his truck cracks me up.   I wish I had it on a gif - I would watch it on a loop, LOL.   Bitsy's tribute was pretty pathetic but highly entertaining to me. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

"Hasselbeck looked like she was crying as she thanked Doocy and Kilmeade, who surprised her with a large photo of the three of them on set, and said of the Fox and Friends team, "I will be watching you. You are going to continue to do awesome work, like before I came."

"I've been so blessed by all of you," said Hasselbeck. "Thank you."

Doocy chimed in, before leading the staff in a round of applause: "No, Elisabeth, we have been blessed by you.""'

I've been blessed by you, NO we've been blessed by you, NOI've been blessed by you, NO we've blessed by you...... is there no end to this?

• Love 10

I thought it was weird for Kilmeade to say she'd be back, or she'd bounce back. What does that mean? She gave him a funny look too.

The whole thing seems like her contract wasn't renewed and all the blessings in the world won't change that.

• Love 3

Oh my. It seemed that F &F were trying so hard to find SOMETHING nice to say about The Bits. ANd it was not easy pickens. I can envision them now in their planning stage. "Urm... well she never murdered anyone that we know of...." and " um..... she never burned down an orphanage... that we know of..." and ""well... she cranked out some kids, feeds them fairly regularly and lets them sleep indoors...."  

Yeah, scrape the bottom of that barrel for aphorisms and nice-y nice things or somewhat positive things... or not overtly negative things to say as a farewell; don't let the door hit you in the tushy. Heh. 

It reminds me of Chris Rock and his bit about the dudes who brag, as if they want a rose on their nose for doing things that are normal and expected like - "hey I take CARE of my kids!" and "Hey I've NEVER been to prison!" Well, newsflash!  You're SUPPOSED to take care of your kids and not do things that land you in prison.

Carry on. You get my drift. Now she will have extra time to glue bows to Timberly's head.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 10

and remove the grape from the sink.

Hee the dreaded grape from the sink. :) Oh, the horror.

And time to brush her teeth while avoiding the sex... and then pretending to be asleep. *snort*

• Love 5

"I will be watching you. You are going to continue to do awesome work, like before I came."

So were they doing "non-awesome" work after Bitsy was there?

She has been greatly overpaid for many years. Between The View, her Bitsy designed clothing, the Bitsy bars, the cookbooks, magazine spreads, Fox  and Tim's $$$$ seems they would have lots of money.

Maybe they didn't managed the money better, if that is the reason the house is for sale. Listed since Sept 25, 90 days on market and no price drops.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/Greenwich_CT_06830_M39181-34085

• Love 1

"Hasselbeck looked like she was crying as she thanked Doocy and Kilmeade, who surprised her with a large photo of the three of them on set, and said of the Fox and Friends team, "I will be watching you. You are going to continue to do awesome work, like before I came."

"I've been so blessed by all of you," said Hasselbeck. "Thank you."

Doocy chimed in, before leading the staff in a round of applause: "No, Elisabeth, we have been blessed by you.""'

I've been blessed by you, NO we've been blessed by you, NOI've been blessed by you, NO we've blessed by you...... is there no end to this?

And here I thought all blessings came from god. 

• Love 4

If they were prudent and managed their money well, they should be okay. They didn't seem to be that excessive but that Greenwich house does seem a little over the top and excessive (it was bought when she was still with The View). But the two of them have very limited skill sets and marketability. And they're not that smart to pick up a new career.

(They once had Rubio on the show railing about how college graduates with liberal arts degrees graduated with limited options. He had some canned line about colleges creating unemployed philosophers. She and the other doofuses had a great laugh of that. Not sure it's still that funny when you're unemployed with a degree in Studio Art, like she is.)

It will be interesting where they end up after they sell the house.

• Love 2

Bitsy and Tim supposedly have a net worth over $12 Million, so they shouldn't be in the bread line just yet.  From her commentaries over the years, it sounds as though Tim is fiscally (as well as politically) conservative, and he's still working.  For all we know, the house may already be paid for, leaving upkeep, taxes and expenses to be covered.  It should be a while before they have to live a Duggar lifestyle of "Buy used and save the difference".

• Love 2

So were they doing "non-awesome" work after Bitsy was there?

LOL, that's certainly what that sounds like. 

If they were prudent and managed their money well, they should be okay. They didn't seem to be that excessive but that Greenwich house does seem a little over the top and excessive (it was bought when she was still with The View). But the two of them have very limited skill sets and marketability. And they're not that smart to pick up a new career.

(They once had Rubio on the show railing about how college graduates with liberal arts degrees graduated with limited options. He had some canned line about colleges creating unemployed philosophers. She and the other doofuses had a great laugh of that. Not sure it's still that funny when you're unemployed with a degree in Studio Art, like she is.)

It will be interesting where they end up after they sell the house.

I remember reading about that Rubio quote because the next day a story in the Washington Post was headlined,"Sorry, Marco Rubio. Philosophy majors actually make way more than welders"

In fact, the average first-year salary for college graduate with a bachelor's degree in philosophy is $42,200 -- with a mid-career average of $85,000, according to Payscale.com. For college professors, the median salary is $89,913, with the top 10 percent having a salary near $200,000.

By contrast, the top 10 percent salary for welders is only about $58,590, BLS says. [The Washington Post, 11/11/15]

As far as the lack of marketable skills, that never stopped Elisabeth before.   Like so many overpaid dumbasses on my TV.

Bitsy and Tim supposedly have a net worth over $12 Million, so they shouldn't be in the bread line just yet.

Yeah, I'm not too concerned about another One Percenter losing a job.  Even part time, Tim probably makes more money talking about football than he ever made playing it.   As Wendy Williams said, "I loved radio but TV money is crazy money."  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4

Oh my. It seemed that F &F were trying so hard to find SOMETHING nice to say about The Bits. ANd it was not easy pickens. I can envision them now in their planning stage. "Urm... well she never murdered anyone that we know of...." and " um..... she never burned down an orphanage... that we know of..." and ""well... she cranked out some kids, feeds them fairly regularly and lets them sleep indoors...."

Tee hee ^^^. Good one, ari333 !

Uh....and she has good penmanship, well decent anyway. 

That maudlin send off for just a two year gig? Puhleeze.

My vote still says she was fired. She had only a two year "test" contract as a windfall from her ABC firing and Ailes did Walters a favor (so Walters could save face).  

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 6

Yes, if Bits is anything, she is gullible to TPTB (men). She can be told that it's time for her to be a conservative, religious pundit, and VOILA! She believes she is. She can be told that FOX is looking for a conservative, religious "journalist" as soon as Sweaty Geddie can twist a couple of arms and VOILA! She's in at FAUX. She can be told that it's time to tell the camera that she needs to be Chief Breakfast Officer (or some stupid shit) and she believes it.

No, Le Bits was fired. I refuse to believe otherwise.

I do sorta feel sorry for the kids though. Her idea of breakfast is likely cases of stale, gluten-free nutty bars that expired 3 years ago.

• Love 4

I don't think Bits is gullible. I think she is very competitive and ambitious. She and her team decided back in the early 2000s to market herself as a evangelical conservative because that was the tone of the country back then. It helped that her husband's family was like that as well so it was an easy role to adopt. It also helps that she is not a deep thinker so it's easy for her to tow lines.

• Love 2

God forbid Bitsy writes another book for spare change. I can see it now, (soon in the remaindered/sale bin), a book about women and family and religion, and conservatism, in other words, just word salad from a hypocrite who talks like the pharisees in the temple praying loudly about themselves ...what is that... the humble brag?

She is going to have to pay a ghost writer plenty to make sense of her talk, no action, patriotism.

• Love 3

God forbid Bitsy writes another book for spare change. I can see it now, (soon in the remaindered/sale bin), a book about women and family and religion, and conservatism, in other words, just word salad from a hypocrite who talks like the pharisees in the temple praying loudly about themselves ...what is that... the humble brag?

She is going to have to pay a ghost writer plenty to make sense of her talk, no action, patriotism.

Pity the poor editor who's assigned by the publisher to handle anything "written" by her.  

• Love 1

Pity the poor editor who's assigned by the publisher to handle anything "written" by her.

LOL. Excuse me, Elisabeth. Isn't "Grase" spelled with a C instead of S? And I think "Jeezus" doesn't look quite right.

Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 1

I think she was given time to prove she had the chops to handle this job (such as it was). I have a feeling some of the regular talking heads complained about her interview skills. I have seen clips of Bits asking a word salad question and a look of confusion on the interviewee. I thought one of the psychiatrists they had on one day might have been trying to diagnose her. Ha-ha.

She has probably been working out her contract for quite a while. It seemed as though she took quite a few days off over the last year. Her website listed on her twitter account is gone. Maybe she is leaving public life. (We should be so lucky)

I thought the praise of Roger Ailes was so over the top when she announced leaving, But then to again praise him on her last day seemed too much. Just odd!

I agree, Dissy. She was becoming a big embarrassment and a joke even to Faux News. I bet there were politicians who refused to speak/interview with her and other Faux pundits complained about her stupidity "tarnishing" their serious news reports, (yes, as if, cuz Faux sees themselves as real news, not made up opinions to rally conservatives). Ailes saw her liability and figured his favor to Barbara Walters had run its course, esp since BW "retired".

• Love 4

Chris Wallace used to briefly appear on the show on Fridays to preview his Sunday show. His exasperation and contempt for those three galoots was palpable. He would often have to correct their lies. He eventually stopped appearing. I would not be surprised if many felt the same way.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 5

I agree, Dissy. She was becoming a big embarrassment and a joke even to Faux News. I bet there were politicians who refused to speak/interview with her and other Faux pundits complained about her stupidity "tarnishing" their serious news reports, (yes, as if, cuz Faux sees themselves as real news, not made up opinions to rally conservatives). Ailes saw her liability and figured his favor to Barbara Walters had run its course, esp since BW "retired".

Chris Wallace used to briefly appear on the show on Fridays to preview his Sunday show. His exasperation and contempt for those three galoots was palpable. He would often have to correct their lies. He eventually stopped appearing. I would not be surprised if many felt the same way.

I agree Bits was totally let go, but, and this is just my opinion, I don't think anyone over there was embarrassed.  From the little I've seen of this show, (mostly clips on The Daily Show for years) those two male morons on the couch next to her could give any idiot a run for their money.  

• Love 8

Oh yeah, those dummies on that morning show are as happy as pigs in excrement. But I do think that there are actually - don't laugh - *some* real journalists on that network (I think Chris Wallace has the best Sunday show of all networks), especially among non-hosts/anchors, who correctly treat the morning show idiots as embarrassments. Wallace certainly acted that way when he had to deign to appear on it.

The network brass, however, do not care how stupid they are/were. I think they decided years ago not to sweat this time slot and waste any real news talent on it.

• Love 2

I don't think anyone over there was embarrassed.  From the little I've seen of this show, (mostly clips on The Daily Show for years) those two male morons on the couch next to her could give any idiot a run for their money.

And that's the god's honest truth. Both Douchey & Killmenow were morons right outta the gate and Bits just fit right in. Someone, maybe Chris Wallace, just got fed up and threw the hammer down.

Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 5

I wish we knew who, so we cd thank him profusely. Now lets replace douchey and killmenow. They must know where the bodies are buried to remain on Faux for so long. It boggles the (sane) mind, how a network can keep blatant idiots on the air for so long.

• Love 5

I wish we knew who, so we cd thank him profusely. Now lets replace douchey and killmenow. They must know where the bodies are buried to remain on Faux for so long. It boggles the (sane) mind, how a network can keep blatant idiots on the air for so long.

I have to think that those blatant idiots are singin' to the choir.

Kinda' scary.

• Love 3

They may be blatant idiots, but I have no doubt that they are blatant idiots who are more than happy to tow the line and say whatever they are told to say for nice fat paychecks. Who else is going to pay those two dim bulbs what I presume is millions of dollars a year? They're stuck and sadly they are exactly what the equally dim aging Fox morning audience wants to see.

• Love 4

I'm sorry, but doesn't she have enough money (after Millionaire and the View, and NetworK news}, to care for Richard and her kids' Ivy League college fund? She has a Hampton house and another home.  

I like Meredith, cuz she was cool, calm, and beautiful.  I just can't feel sorry for her though.  

• Love 4

Meredith is cool, calm, and beautiful.  I like that description Tosia.  I'd add funny too.   

Bummer about her talk show but honestly, if Katie Couric couldn't make her own show fly then I don't know who could these days. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

The talk shows that make it nowadays survive on controversy (or as the View would say "sparks") or the ability to get the very best guests.  With the View (who I will say is only barely surviving) it's the former and shows like Ellen and Live with Kelly and Michael it's the latter.

• Love 1

I don't feel sorry for Meredith but I do think she is smart and has a lot to offer, and hope she finds some work because I think we could benefit from that.

That said I wasn't a big fan of the show, I thought it was too silly for her. She started out on CBS hard news, fer cry-eye. I did love her on Today and would think she'd be a great person for the fourth hour (they could cut the wine-drinking shtick) but you'd have to pry that gig from Kathie Lee's cold, dead hands.

• Love 4

in my original post, I said that Meredith was cool, calm, beautiful, and SANE; Which given the co hosts we see on almost any talk/news show is in short supply these days.

• Love 7

in my original post, I said that Meredith was cool, calm, beautiful, and SANE; Which given the co hosts we see on almost any talk/news show is in short supply these days.

I agree.  No wonder her show has been cancelled.

• Love 1

i still don't get why Meredith left the Today show. Was it the schedule, whereas her talk show can tape shows ahead?

If I remember correctly, at the time she cited the schedule and health reasons.  The Today Show meant a 2:30 am wake up call and it was wreaking havoc on her health and her family time.   She was on for five years? and reportedly made something like $10 million a year so maybe she thought enough was enough?   I don't know but I'm glad she got out of there before that show turned so nasty (the whole Ann Curry thing for example.)

• Love 4

I tried watching her a few times but it was kind of boring.  Wonder what she will do next?

She'll be working for NBC in Rio for the Olympics this summer.

• Love 3

If I remember correctly, at the time she cited the schedule and health reasons.  The Today Show meant a 2:30 am wake up call and it was wreaking havoc on her health and her family time.   She was on for five years? and reportedly made something like $10 million a year so maybe she thought enough was enough?   I don't know but I'm glad she got out of there before that show turned so nasty (the whole Ann Curry thing for example.)

I can't help but think it takes a certain type of person who can do the early morning thing for an extended period of time.  Sure, the Matts, Als, etc. can do it.  But a true night owl would have a problem.  I wonder how many people were offered any of these early morning slots but couldn't face the hours.  It's easy enough to say "just take a nap" but that divided sleep is all that great either.

• Love 3

I can't help but think it takes a certain type of person who can do the early morning thing for an extended period of time.  Sure, the Matts, Als, etc. can do it.  But a true night owl would have a problem.  I wonder how many people were offered any of these early morning slots but couldn't face the hours.  It's easy enough to say "just take a nap" but that divided sleep is all that great either.

Maybe that's what happened to Bitsy over at Fox. Couldn't take the hours. 

Nah, .....who are we foolin'.;) Of course, maybe she was dumber earlier in the day and for three hours couldn't fake "smart and prepared" like she could at 11am for only an hour 4 times a week.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 2

The View ought to can this latest incarnation of a mediocre and failing host roster and slide in Meredith, Katie C., Ann Curry, and who knows else and rotate them with Joy and somebody else. Let Whoopi finish out her contract and slowly get some smart, experienced, preparedness, professional and maturity creds back. Even get that girl Star J back. ;) 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 9

The View ought to can this latest incarnation of a mediocre and failing host roster and slide in Meredith, Katie C., Ann Curry, and who knows else and rotate them with Joy and somebody else. Let Whoopi finish out her contract and slowly get some smart, experienced, preparedness, professional and maturity creds back. Even get that girl Star J back. ;) 

Add in Renee Syler.

Add in Renee Syler.

I don't know but I'm glad she got out of there before that show turned so nasty (the whole Ann Curry thing for example.)

Meredith is good at knowing when to get out of Dodge. She left The View just before Elisabeth went crazy, too.

Besides, if I had however many millions she's earned, I wouldn't work those hours either. I wonder what her worth is these days? Too bad about her talkshow, but I'm not very surprised either. I was just hoping it'd at least get a third season. Steve Harvey's show better be next in the cancellation line. 

If they were to cancel The View, it'd be nice if it went out with Meredith, Joy, Star, and Lisa.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 3