Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Final Countdown

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

I like it better than the last two actually. The S7 one made sense but I hated the facial hair and the S6 one looked like he was crouching farting green gas. 

I've kind of given up trying to guess what's going on in any given episode beyond Purgatory being fairly obvious. 

Edited by Featherhat
On 9/19/2019 at 12:28 PM, way2interested said:

It just more looks like to me like it's still up in the air, and, if she doesn't show up, that's up to EBR and not from the EP's lack of trying to get her (after getting ST, JB, CD, RF, WH, CH, and probably more back).

Oh yeah I'm actually not blaming the EPs on this one. I personally think it looks like she's not coming back at all (happy to be proved wrong) which is an interesting decision on the actress's part.

• Love 2

Nice, Rebecca Rosenberg and Rebecca Bellotto

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

which is an interesting decision on the actress's part.

Yeah, like it would be relatively easy to just film for a day or two and then bask in massive amounts of press that will come from it and last through January potentially if for the finale and it can make another boost in popularity for auditioning for things in the spring or pilot season, but to be fair obviously not all of the information about the circumstances (money, feelings, scheduling, plans, etc.) are out there and the episodes haven't even finished filming or airing yet.

• Love 1

I posted this tweet in the Social Media thread because I don't think that it's necessarily a spoiler (she may just want to stay in shape and she's used to working out with TT) - but it's a good sign, right? ...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Baby Team Arrow do seem to be having fun filming together. 

16 hours ago, tv echo said:

I posted this tweet in the Social Media thread because I don't think that it's necessarily a spoiler (she may just want to stay in shape and she's used to working out with TT) - but it's a good sign, right? ...

Not going to read too much into it because don't want to get my hopes up and it's not like she's an actor that only flies into Vancouver for filming, she lives there and it's a regular gym. That said I wouldn't be surprised to see them cut a deal for ep 10 or something but as I said I'm not expecting it so I don't get my hopes up. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Baby Team Arrow do seem to be having fun filming together. 

Not going to read too much into it because don't want to get my hopes up and it's not like she's an actor that only flies into Vancouver for filming, she lives there and it's a regular gym. That said I wouldn't be surprised to see them cut a deal for ep 10 or something but as I said I'm not expecting it so I don't get my hopes up. 

Could this be older footage? I thought she was camping right now?

Yeah, unfortunately, it's very possible that workout video is an old one. In the rest of his instagram post Tom Taylor says: 

This burner, complete with videos, protocol and support will be available this coming week on my Playbook Channel (link in bio).
-
If you need some new and inspiring workouts please check the link (in my bio) for a FREE 7 Day Trial. You’ll get access to many other workouts, creative & ‘fun’ fitness challenges, videos, tips and nutrition plans! What, could go wrong....
-
@playbook_app #kickboxingdrills #padwork #heavybagworkouts

So he could just be promoting something. I was just so hopeful for a moment. 😣

Edited by tv echo

Looking at it from the perspective of what I would do if I were the showrunner, I think that if I couldn't have Felicity for the whole season, I would put her in only in the last episode or two when she would be there full time.  I don't think that I would put her in one or two of the episodes in the middle like WH because it would take away the punch of the ending (and you know how MG likes his gotchas). Tech support doesn't really have a place for Oliver visiting different Earths, fighting strength like Diggle makes much more sense and the COIE episodes are going to be so full of characters from all six shows that there won't really be room for Felicity. (Also I'd be wanting to promote characters from the shows that are continuing rather than ones from the one that is ending).

So if EBR is going to make an appearance on the show this season, I don't expect it to be until the last episode or two, and I don't expect the information to be released until the very end because it's going to overwhelm other spoilers

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

So if EBR is going to make an appearance on the show this season, I don't expect it to be until the last episode or two, and I don't expect the information to be released until the very end because it's going to overwhelm other spoilers

👆 People are so freaked out on Twitter by the pic her mom posted that implied she’s camping/going away. But they’re only shooting 807 now and then they have to shoot the crossover so the finale won’t shoot until what, late Oct/early Nov? That’s plenty of time for her to come back to Vancouver for 810, if that’s the plan. And if she is coming back, they still want all the press/buzz right now to be about the season premiere and the crossover. If they announce her return before that, it’ll drown out everything else.

It might not happen and if so, that’s her choice, but at this point we don’t have a lot of evidence that it won’t. 

• Love 2

I've said it before, but I just don't want them to write to the people still there, i.e., don't expect us to care as much if we see Dinah, Rene, Laurel, even Diggle (especially considering how much he gave up on Oliver and his family at the beginning of Season 7) mourning for Oliver assuming the future isn't changed and he "dies" — and don't even get me started on anyone on another show, even Sara — as we would seeing Felicity mourning her husband, even if she knows he's only "dead" and she'll get to see him again. 

Also, I really hope they don't plan on suddenly making Oliver's bonds with everyone left appear to be so strong that they'll be so upset when he's "dead" — especially considering what we've seen from Dinah and Rene in the future. 

I just don't have high hopes for 809 (or maybe even 810) if they don't get EBR back, don't change the future, and expect us to care about those left behind after Oliver's "death." 

(I won't even entertain the idea of so much being changed after COIE that Felicity's presence/absence won't matter. I at least trust that Olicity will get a happy-ish ending, whatever that may be — the writers seem to think reuniting after 20 years apart is perfectly fine after all they suffered prior to that — together, with EBR or without EBR around.) 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Exactly. This has always seemed so obvious to me. The producers know that news is going to suck up all the oxygen in the room. when it comes. I'd be shocked if we heard anything one way or another before late October/early November.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

(I won't even entertain the idea of so much being changed after COIE that Felicity's presence/absence won't matter. I at least trust that Olicity will get a happy-ish ending, whatever that may be — the writers seem to think reuniting after 20 years apart is perfectly fine after all they suffered prior to that — together, with EBR or without EBR around.) 

I think it would be kind of pointless to have had that ending for her that was supposed to serve as an ending for Felicity, complete with bringing back The Monitor if they weren't supposed to find each other again (combined with what SA has said) if they were going to change it to Insert Gotcha Ending/Pairing Here, but it's always possible. I'm just curious about MGs meditation "out there, logistical issues" final scene. 

• Love 1

I am curious as to how Diggle can travel around the multiverse with Oliver but still be able to resolve his storyline with Lyla/ARGUS and his kids. Is he able to hop back and forth to Earth-1? And if so, why can't Oliver do the same and visit his family? Or maybe Diggle's present day issues are resolved in flashbacks to present day from the flashforwards. 😕

If it turns out that EBR doesn't return for the final season, I hope that fans won't turn on her. We don't know what happens (or happened) behind the scenes. I know that MG said they'd be "darkening her doorstep" and that it's in the show's best interests to have her back, but EBR also said that it wasn't entirely up to her. The point it, I don't trust MG not to throw her under the bus in order to preserve his popularity (such as it is) for his other TV and comics projects.

I was trying to figure out Arrow's remaining production schedule. We know from the posted title page that 807 is scheduled to finish filming on October 1. And, according to two papps (@yvrshoots, @lemon_buzz), the show's final production ends on November 14. Therefore, counting forwards and backwards...

808/COIE    October 1-23 ?
809              October 23-November 4 ?
810              November 4-14 ?

This is just my rough guess. I realize that the papps could be wrong. That does seem like a long shoot schedule for the crossover. It's also possible that crossover filming could overlap with regular episode shoots.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Is Charlie Barnett still a spoiler? I'm not sure anymore...

These Were the Best-Dressed Men on the 2019 Emmys Red Carpet
BY BONNIE STIERNBERG / SEPTEMBER 23, 2019 
https://www.insidehook.com/article/style/the-men-of-the-2019-emmys-red-carpet 

Charlie Barnett
GettyImages-1176420566.jpg He had a star-making turn on Russian Doll, so it makes sense, we suppose, that Charlie Barnett sported literal stars with a boldly printed forest green Ports 1961 suit. Paired with boots by Giuseppe Zanotti, the suit is unique but somehow just the right amount of subtle.

Edited by tv echo
42 minutes ago, tv echo said:

If it turns out that EBR doesn't return for the final season, I hope that fans won't turn on her. We don't know what happens (or happened) behind the scenes. I know that MG said they'd be "darkening her doorstep" and that it's in the show's best interests to have her back, but EBR also said that it wasn't entirely up to her. The point it, I don't trust MG not to throw her under the bus in order to preserve his popularity (such as it is) for his other TV and comics projects.

It being "not entirely up to her" could refer to multiple things though (like TPTB and not necessarily MG or Beth's call) or even just a line to cover up reasoning for not coming back (Like CH's "it wasn't up to me" for not being asked back as a series regular, when it seems like it was because of his own personal problems he was let go. Yeah, it wasn't up to CH, but it was hardly a malicious power move from the EPs or TPTB). I would just hope that if she didn't come back that no one would put the blame game on anyone, since I think the most logical explanation would be simply EBR didn't want to rather than foul play (unless there is actual evidence from a source, and even then I would guess it would be more about TPTB refusing to pay the extra amount specifically from EBR's team). 

54 minutes ago, tv echo said:

This is just my rough guess. I realize that the papps could be wrong. That does seem like a long shoot schedule for the crossover. It's also possible that crossover filming could overlap with regular episode shoots.

Yeah, the crossover usually overlaps with regular episodes, so I would guess that would also happen here, plus I guess the time is also supposed to correlate with the other shows' filming too? Idk, maybe that extra time also includes times for reshoots or padded time just in case they go over schedule during production again.

• Love 2

According to IMDb, the title for 809 is "What They Become"...
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9700188/?ref_=tt_ep_nx 

This title (if true) sounds ominous - like the COIE crossover maybe changes the characters and maybe changes the future versions as well. Maybe.

However, back in July, MG said that the penultimate episode of S8 will have a Bruce Springsteen title, continuing the tradition of the next-to-last episode of any given Arrow season having a title from The Boss. I don't think "What They Become" is the title of any Billy Joel song.

Edited by tv echo

Similar but not identical comments to stuff she's said before...

This fall, these Kansas City-area names will star in TV shows, including Paul Rudd
BY ROB OWEN SEPTEMBER 22, 2019
https://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/tv/article235075072.html

KATHERINE MCNAMARA RETURNS ON ‘ARROW’
“I’m an actor who wants to do everything and be part of every genre but the way that I justified it is that yes, it’s a similar genre, but the character is entirely different. Where Clary (on ‘Shadowhunters’) was that ember of hope. … Mia is a product of her environment: She is cutthroat and she will do what it takes to survive no matter what. It’s a very interesting way to approach a similar world but with a completely different perspective.”

On “Arrow” McNamara plays Mia Smoak, daughter of Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) and Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards).

“(Mia) was raised largely in isolation … and Mia doesn’t play well with others,” McNamara says. “She has to learn how to be part of a team. And whether or not she’s successful with that is a big question for the first part of the season.”

Edited by tv echo

Okay, this is bizarre - according to IMDB, KM as Mia Smoak will be appearing in episode 107 (Tell Me the Truth) of Batwoman, along with Tyler Hoechlin, Caity Lotz and Elizabeth Tulloch. Do you think someone is just screwing around with the Batwoman IMDb pages?...
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3031063/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10990554/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt 

It's also possible that someone originally thought that 107 would be that show's crossover episode.

Edited by tv echo

Well it's highly likely someone is screwing around but I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Mia is in the Xover a little, especially if the pap rumours re contracts being signed had any truth at all. 

But isn't KM also doing an indie with JH at the moment? That's a lot of work and she travels around a lot as well. 

1 minute ago, calliope1975 said:

Might this be the ep SA isn't in? Kat's cute, but I think this is likely a hard pass from me. 

Sounds like it. I know Arrow has a history of prioritizing setting up/servicing other CW shows over their own, but to do it when we only have 10 episodes left is a real kick in the pants. 

The project, which comes from Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros Television, is being set up as a backdoor pilot that will air as episode from the upcoming eighth and final season of Arrow. It will be written by Beth Schwartz, Marc Guggenheim, Jill Blankenship and Oscar Balderrama.

I'm assuming it'll be episode 9. I'm also wondering if it'll be set in the future or if the crossover does some timey-wimey thing that allows a full-grown Mia to be in present day? I can't imagine JH and KC wearing old age makeup on their new show. CW wouldn't launch a new series and have three of their four female leads appearing like they're in their 50s.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I'm assuming it'll be episode 9. I'm also wondering if it'll be set in the future or if the crossover does some timey-wimey thing that allows a full-grown Mia to be in present day? I can't imagine JH and KC wearing old age makeup on their new show. CW wouldn't launch a new series and have three of their four female leads appearing like they're in their 50s.

Hence why I would have much rather preferred the spinoff to be about Mia, Connor, and William. 

Yeah, a big fat meh to the potential spinoff news (but it did get me back over on this forum to comment, so....yay?)

• Love 8

Wow, I thought if we got a Mia spin off it would be with William and Connor and a KC/JH spin off by themselves but combining the two? A lot of old age make up or time travel. Possible post COIE reset/merge? 

Better not do anything terrible like make one of them her mother in a new timeline (that was a joke, sort of) 😉

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Wow, I thought if we got a Mia spin off it would be with William and Connor and a KC/JH spin off by themselves but combining the two? A lot of old age make up or time travel. Possible post COIE reset/merge? 

I'm beginning to wonder if this actually is the future spinoff -- but they just announced it like this because the CW wants the show to seem female-centered, and because they think KC and JH are more recognizable than any of the other future actors. Susanna Thompson was a big part of the press when Arrow first premiered because she was a "name," but it didn't really reflect the size of her role. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I'm beginning to wonder if this actually is the future spinoff -- but they just announced it like this because the CW wants the show to seem female-centered, and because they think KC and JH are more recognizable than any of the other future actors. Susanna Thompson was a big part of the press when Arrow first premiered because she was a "name," but it didn't really reflect the size of her role. 

Could be. It would be a bummer if William got killed or undone in COIE (never thought I'd say that) or stuck in the future/past without his sister who he just found. And they're going to need an Overwatch. It would be weird to make JDJ and BL regulars and have them in potentially only half of 10 eps. 

If it is the future they will probably improve the older make up or have it so they look similar to 2020, like the "sexy" dwarves of The Hobbit vs LOTR movies. 

I'd still go for some sort of reset/merge but wait and see if any other characters new or current are announced I guess. 

It might be the show KC and JH pitched knowing having KM aboard would help sell it. 

ETA: Not that it was in doubt but this is official confirmation that Mia becomes the new Official Green Arrow. I bet we get some form of "My Name is Mia Queen" even though she'll probably still go by Smoak in general. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Whoa!!

I'm actually heated about this! They are so tone deaf. I DO NOT want Mia with horrible Dinah and With Laurel. Why cant we have Mia Connor and William? Why do they think People will tune for a show where Dinah is even more prominent on screen! I shouldve known that they would greenlight a Spinoff with Mia but not with the characters she works best with! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Going with this exactly

• Love 3

The timing of the backdoor pilot episode-- presumably 809 in mid January-- would coincide with the PR ramp up for the Harley Quinn+BoP movie that's premiering in February. Arrow is going to be used for corporate synergy right up until the very end.

30 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I agree. I’m sure there will be some post-Crisis shenanigans that will allow Dinah and Siren to look their actual ages rather than old but they’ll balance the show between all the characters. I’ll even go so far as to posit that one will be the Mandatory First Season Death. 

And they better bring William and Bronze Kitten on as regulars no matter what their general plans are. William=Oracle (I hate the Overwatch title) and Connor can become Bronze Tiger 2.

• Love 6

I never planned to watch the spin-off anyway, even if it had been Mia centric, but this just made me LMAO. Poor Mia stuck in a show with Dinah, one of the worst characters ever, and whatever version of Laurel they settle on. I am laughing. 

23 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I agree. I’m sure there will be some post-Crisis shenanigans that will allow Dinah and Siren to look their actual ages rather than old but they’ll balance the show between all the characters. I’ll even go so far as to posit that one will be the Mandatory First Season Death. 

And they better bring William and Bronze Kitten on as regulars no matter what their general plans are. William=Oracle (I hate the Overwatch title) and Connor can become Bronze Tiger 2.

I could see one of them dying. I guess it will be two bickering Canaries with opposing approaches. Really curious about William and Connor now, especially as they were doing a bit of Mia/Connor last season. JDJ was the first to be announced, I guess Kat's took more time because of Spin off discussion but BL was the last announced. Shrug. Guess it really depends on how and when this is set. There's also Zoe to consider, she's a Canary and in S8 as part of the FFs.

I'd rather it be set in the future or future plus shenanigans because it's more likely to mean Felicity's ending with saving the city and going off to find Oliver etc remains intact if they can't get EBR back.

It's worth noting that Supernatural has had at least two backdoor pilots, the last one with pretty popular characters that didn't get picked up (Legacies did instead) and so have other shows so it's not a done deal, although this is the Arrowverse. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Trisha said:

I'm also wondering if it'll be set in the future or if the crossover does some timey-wimey thing that allows a full-grown Mia to be in present day? I can't imagine JH and KC wearing old age makeup on their new show. CW wouldn't launch a new series and have three of their four female leads appearing like they're in their 50s.

Yeah, I think bringing Mia back to current day might be more likely.  Maybe that timeline gets wiped out by Crisis so Mia gets trapped in the present?  

Hard pass for me (wow, I really can’t believe they’re giving KC another show) but I feel bad for those who were hoping for a Mia/Conner/William spin-off.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

I'm not sure how planned that was (SA tweeted that the trailer was going to drop about an hour ago) but that took the wind out of the new show announcement's sails in a rather hilarious way.

Good to see Talia is back! And is that Lyla fighting the guy with the gun? I guess if Oliver says "this year is repeating himself" then the first episode is him stuck in a time loop, not travelling to a different Earth? 

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

New Green Arrow, same ol' Canaries. That killed any interest I might have had in the spinoff. But good luck to Kat McNamara. She's a doll (who deserved better than this).

She certainly did! And hopefully they announce later that Connor and William will be in the show, I still dont understand how they seriously think a show with a DESPISED character as one of the mains Is something fans would watch. Why cant we have Mia William and Connor as the 3 leads? So tone deaf its seriously like Juliana Harkavy has dirt on people 

• Love 2

Well this was unexpected! A 3some I never expected to headline a show together but....I'm kind of down for it...if it doesn't take place in the future. I'd prefer time displacement but with LoT and Flash, time traveling should be easy to fix unless COIE makes it harder.  But this still needs to make it past the pilot so I'm not getting my hopes up that high. 

If it does get to series....I guess BS may be showrunner?

• Love 1

I’m genuinely baffled at this combination. These are the fandoms you are trying to appeal too? 

I cant say I’m surprised KC is involved. She has a vice grip on the network.

Including JH is something else though. 

• Love 4