Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread: The Final Countdown

scarynikki12
  • Start Topic

So if this is true, I wonder if MP saying they were looking at another DC property was a cover up for this or both are in development?

Canadagraphs doesn't seem happy about it (but when does he ever if it involves Felicity or Olicity? Remember the wedding photo meltdown?) so they've both clearly heard some info, but whether it's accurate or not is a different matter. I would try that spin off (what happens in S8 dependent I guess) but I'm surprised they wouldn't go with something with a cleaner slate and less controversial, unless Mia's becoming a different code name or joining up with a different DC hero because I can see why they'd want to use KM if possible. 

8 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Part of me doubts it’s Oliver and (a) Laurel because I can’t see SA teasing one of their scenes.

However, I could see the CW wanting to tease it given the network’s history of promoting stuff with the Canaries. 

I hope it's not Siren/a Laurel because I'm not looking forward to any sort of team up, which has never worked for me with those two from S1, especially if she does end up joining them over multiple eps, but we shall see. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

So if this is true, I wonder if MP saying they were looking at another DC property was a cover up for this or both are in development?

Canadagraphs doesn't seem happy about it (but when does he ever if it involves Felicity or Olicity? Remember the wedding photo meltdown?) so they've both clearly heard some info, but whether it's accurate or not is a different matter. I would try that spin off (what happens in S8 dependent I guess) but I'm surprised they wouldn't go with something with a cleaner slate and less controversial, unless Mia's becoming a different code name or joining up with a different DC hero because I can see why they'd want to use KM if possible. 

I hope it's not Siren/a Laurel because I'm not looking forward to any sort of team up, which has never worked for me with those two from S1, especially if she does end up joining them over multiple eps, but we shall see. 

I think its Diggle or someone from his family that died on E1. We know, how Oliver acts when he thinks he might die, he wouldn't want Diggle to have to abandon his family also and exposed to the possibilities of dying. He limited Diggle in s3 also. It also seems plausible since Diggle and Oliver are all on their buddy cop team in episode 1. From what it looks like the Star City police station and Dinah are making a comeback in episode 4 and probably 5, which makes me think they going to showcase the Dinah and BS story JH alluded to during SDCC.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Trisha said:

I’m not sure if this is the right thread and this is clearly not confirmed but KP seems to think the Arrowverse kids are getting a show:

Hoping this turns out to be true. Love Mia Connor and William 

• Love 2

CH's also back in Vancouver, so it looks like they were able to get Roy and Thea back (even if possibly not for the same episode).  If this pic was during or around his time of filming, it definitely was for the same episode WH's in (804), maybe they get a scene together if WH's still there, unless WH was actually there for the tail end of 803.

EC8LFdmWsAAYVQe?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by way2interested

8.04 is "Present Tense" right? Makes sense for it to be focused on how the others are doing who aren't on the multiverse adventure or FFs. Also allegedly, the time frame EBR was rumoured to be visiting the set. 

Edited by Featherhat

Makes sense for Anatoly to be one of the guest stars to do a final bow and a season 5 tribute at ep 5. 

MG seems to be working on a secret project for DC that he's excited about. No indication if it's TV/Movies/Comics but I'm not sure he'd call a Legacies spin off "torturous not to talk about" so if it's TV it might be the other project they mentioned at the TCAs. 

Edited by Featherhat
On 8/27/2019 at 9:11 AM, Featherhat said:

8.04 is "Present Tense" right? Makes sense for it to be focused on how the others are doing who aren't on the multiverse adventure or FFs. Also allegedly, the time frame EBR was rumoured to be visiting the set. 

It's the final season and only 10 episodes yet we have to have a snoozeville episode centered around Rene and Dinah? HARD PASS

• Love 3

Another SDCC press interview...

Katie Cassidy Teases Final Season of Arrow
Published on Aug 28, 2019, by fanbolt

-- On directing, KC: "I actually think it might be my true calling."

-- On whether there's a moment coming up this season that she's excited for fans to see (other than the episode she's directing), KC: "Yeah. I think that, you know, we will see - as I think the fans have always wanted to see this - um, is Laurel, um, you know, fulfilling her promise of becoming good - I mean, a hero in a  - good and bad - I mean, there's many versions of her. Um, but she teams up with, you know, like, I guess it's sort of unexpected, not unexpected, 'cause the comic book, it's Laurel and - er, excuse me, Black Canary and Green Arrow, uh, in terms of - she'll team up with Oliver in terms of fulfilling his quest to save the multiverse. So we'll get to see them, like, in action battle, which we've seen before, but the new costume, with - given what Marc's written, is gonna be freakin' epic. And I think the fans are gonna freak out, because it does call back to the comics, the original. So I'm excited."

Edited by tv echo

I think promo pics for 801 of Arrow are going to be released soon by The CW. Promo pics from The Flash's and Supergirl's upcoming season premieres were released this week.

Edited by tv echo

Arrow Creator Marc Guggenheim Talks Series Finale

-- On the series finale, MG: "The only thing that's been written is the last scene." He then related the story (again) of writing it after meditation.

-- On whether there could be a spinoff, MG: "The thing I've learned about this show is I never say never. I mean, if you guys go back and you play back the interviews we did in Season 1, all the things we said would never happen ended up happening. So I never say that something's not going to happen. Um, I would certainly never say that we haven't had those conversations. Um, but I, you know, I'm a big believer in not foreclosing anything, not turning, you know, down anything, not closing any doors. At the same time, not getting - not skiing ahead of our skis and - and being ahead of ourselves. We have - we have a lot of work to do in terms of launching the season, the crossover, figuring out the finale, you know, in all of its, you know, permutations, um, without also discussing the spinoff. So, we'll see."

-- On where we see everyone in the first episode, MG: "I have to be coy because the location of the first episode is really a surprise. Um, I'll tell you this. The first episode really feels like a revisitation of the pilot. And, uh, I co-wrote it with Beth and when I sent off my scenes to her, I said to her - not in a bad way - I said, 'this feels like a series finale, doesn't feel like a season premiere.' Um, but that was like a good thing, um, because it really was an acknowledgment of how we are returning to our roots and especially the pilot. It really is like a mirror image of the pilot, which is weird. It's weird to, like, be revisiting all these key moments but with a different spin.... But it's fun too, like, again, it's the celebration of where we - where we started and what we've been doing for eight years. So that's what's kind of fun."

Director James Bamford Talks Arrow Series Finale

-- JBam: "So during prep for 801, Marc comes into my office and he goes, 'hey, do you want to know about the final scene for the final -' - because I'm directing the series finale - and so he says, 'do you want to know what your final scene is?' And I said, 'yeah.' 'Well, I was meditating' - um, I think he was somewhere on a trip - 'and I was meditating for an hour or so and I came out of the meditation and the scene came to me.' I said, 'okay.' And then he goes, 'you want to see it?' I'm like, 'yeah, I want to see it.' And so he [unintelligible word]. I thought it was this big secret. But then he emailed it to me, like, he wrote it and 'bing' and so I have it in my email here that I'm not showing you. But, uh, I read it and, uh, started crying and, uh - not in front of him though, because I don't want to let them know that you're bleeding, you know. Um, but, uh, the only word I can use to describe it is perfect. So, uh, it's exactly what it should be. It's genius. It's f**cking genius. And you can quote that."

-- JBam: "The final season of Arrow has zero filler episodes. Each episode is chock full of story and spectacle, action and emotion."

Stephen Amell Teases What to Expect from Arrow Season Premiere

-- SA: "We didn't have to film the entire 41 minutes or whatever because we got to use a bunch of footage from the pilot in the season premiere."

-- SA: "I think the Season 1 version of Oliver would be appreciative of the Season 8 version. Especially the Season 8 version. I'm enjoying the Season 8 version. It's nice."

-- When asked about having only 10 episodes to tell a whole season's worth of story and wrap up their show, SA: "Mm-umm. Not 10. Not 10. We don't have 10. We have 7... We have 7 episodes to tell our story... Because the crossover's in episode 8."

-- SA: "Every episode right now feels like a grand experiment... You know, episode 1 is the pilot. And episode 2 is an ode to Season 3. And episode 3 is kinda also an ode to Season 3. But Oliver gets to, um, in my mind, make amends - not necessarily make amends, but like tie it up and close the chapter with five characters over the first three episodes that I don't think anyone would ever think that he would ever get the chance to do that with, including - including like at least one person's who's like his f**ckin' mortal enemy."

-- After saying that he's been pitched the final scene of the series, SA: "I know how I want it to go. But I don't know a lot about the show post-Crisis. So many things could change."

-- On whether he can tell them where Oliver is in the first episode of S8, SA: "Yeah. Where you see him in the pilot. (Media reporters all laugh) Guys, I'm literally f**ckin' telling you where he is... Does that make sense? ... So where is he?" Reporter: "He's in Starling City. He's back literally in Season 1 in the pilot." SA: "Mm-umm. No. He's not in Starling City in Scene 1."

David Ramsey Teases What to Expect from Arrow Season Premiere

-- Same comments as in his other SDCC interviews (about wrapping up Diggle's relationships with Lyla and his sons, and answering the question of whether or not he's Green Lantern).

-- DR: "He's always going to be by Oliver's side. If there's any season where they're really locked in together, it's this season.. So that goes without question."

-- On Diggle, DR: "And a character that's an original character became part of the comic book world as well, because of the fan response. It's just been more lightning in a bottle for this show, you know. I mean, Emily coming, lightning in a bottle. OTA, the new team, lightning in a bottle. You know, having these spinoffs that have just been equally successful, if not more, lightning in a bottle. It's just been - over and over again. Inexplicable, unprecedented success for this show and its spinoffs. So Diggle's been no small part of that. You know, you just have to be grateful for it because it's, like, you know, great, it's been fantastic. What else can you say? ... In a lot of ways, this show has been pioneering."

-- On what the vibe has been like on set, DR: "It was weird the first day. That's really the honest answer. It was strange not having Emily there. Very. You don't have a presence like, like that and you don't feel it. So it was different. The sets were different. Uh, the people that we worked with the first day weren't the people we normally work with. So it felt strange. And Stephen was even, like, 'uhh, it just feels a little strange.' We both felt that. But then you get over it, you get over yourself, and um, you do it. But I'd be remiss if I said it felt like business as usual because it didn't. It felt a little bit strange."

-- On whether he knows where Diggle ends up by the end of the show and whether he's happy about it, DR: "Yes, I do. Yes, I do."

Rick Gonzalez Teases Final Season of Arrow

-- When asked where Rene is in the first episode of S8, RG: "We've never seen Rene this way before. First episode, we've never seen him this way. And that's exciting. I can't wait to see y'all reaction on him because it's gonna be interesting. It's gonna be great. It's gonna be great."

Juliana Harkavy Teases Final Season of Arrow

-- On whether there's a moment from the upcoming season that she's really excited for the fans to see, JH: "The premiere, the premiere. I think the entire premiere is going to really surprise people... It's both a callback to the past and also something completely new."

-- On who from the show she would definitely love to work with again, JH: "Definitely, um - well, Josh Segarra... Um, Emily, of course. And then Joe Dinicol, who plays Ragman. I would love to work with him again. He's a wonderful person and a wonderful actor."

-- When asked where we see Dinah in the first episode of S8, JH: "In the first episode, it's going to be a total departure from anything we've seen Dinah doing before. So just a completely, um, something completely different, uh, and that will change throughout the season."

-- On whether she can imagine playing her character on another show after Arrow ends, JH: "Absolutely. One thing that's amazing about this show is that, you know, the characters - the interchangeable is not the word, but there are, you know - the suit is defined by the person, like, the morals, the person - it's like, it's not just the fact that it's this person. It's what do you possess that fills that suit, what's inside of you. Um, so I'm honored to be, you know, a person who is a Black Canary and I hope to always, always be the Black Canary. Um, but I - you know, I'm not the only one, but I hope we are all always the Black Canary... Canaries for life."

Edited by tv echo

Some Entertainment Zone videos of red carpet interviews at SDCC (the EZ videos of MG's and SA's interviews are posted in the Social Media thread because they contained no spoilers)...

EZ - CW's Arrow - David Ramsey Interview
Published on Aug 29, 2019, by Paul Amadeus Lane

-- DR: "Diggle is going to be, as he always has been, at Oliver's side, as Oliver moves through some very - without giving anything away - peculiar transitions that he has to do, um, with the Monitor. So, um, Diggle's going to be helping him out."

-- DR: "Um, but everyone has a very distinct arc that's leading up to the Crisis - the, um, up to the crossover."

-- DR: "Lyla, my, um - Lyla Michaels, who plays Diggle's wife, is a very big part of this epi - a very big part of this season. So it's interesting that you bring her up, because she is pivotal." 

EZ - CW's Arrow - Katie Cassidy Interview

-- On how her character is going to change in the final season, KC: "Well, it's interesting because Laurel obviously, there's - there's different versions of her, right? And this season, you know, Laurel - it's Laurel from Earth-1 but it's as though she's not ever died. Um, so she still has - but she has developed, after everything she's gone through, a little bit of grittiness, a little bit of edge, still has that little sassiness, um, not so soft necessarily, 'cause she's gone through some stuff."

-- On seeing her in other "Arrowverses" after Arrow ends, KC: "Ooh, I would love that, if know what I'm saying, Marc Guggenheim? Yeah, I hope so. There's definitely room for it. And they know how much I love this show and love these people, yeah."

EZ - CW's Arrow - Rick Gonzalez Interview

-- On seeing him in other Arrowverse shows after Arrow ends, RG: "I think so. I mean, that could definitely happen. I mean, you know, we've seen me in the Waverider. Uh, we've seen, uh, my character interact with Supergirl and Flash. Um, so there's no reason why Batwoman wouldn't need the help of Wild Dog."

EZ - CW's Arrow - Juliana Harkavy Interview

-- On where Dinah is now, JH: "Now that Oliver is gone, she is really, you know, she needs to make that decision and I think the decision she makes is that she needs to be both because she is the Captain and she is the Black Canary, and now the leader is gone, so I think that she's taking ownership of being able to do both things and not feeling like she needs to pick one side or the other."

-- On whether she's going to be in the crossover, JH: "I have heard I am."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

David Ramsey on The Challenges of a Potential Green Lantern TV Show
By RUSS BURLINGAME - August 30, 2019
https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/08/29/david-ramsey-on-the-challenges-of-a-potential-green-lantern-tv-s/

... We asked Ramsey how many times he has knocked on "Crisis" showrunner Marc Guggenheim's door to ask what's going on over the years.

“I cannot tell you how many times,” Ramsey told ComicBook.com. “But really, I don’t have to knock on Marc’s door. He’s been incredibly forthright with letting me know the plan, and letting me know some of the politics behind it. Green Lantern is a tremendously large property, and it’s not easily done. If it was done on TV, imagine the cost. So it’s one of those things where it’s going to take a great deal of preparation if and when it’s ever done.”

FWIW, MG called out Cosmic Book News for being an "illegitimate outlet" during the recent TCA Summer Press Tour...

GREEN LANTERN CORPS RUMORED FOR HBO MAX
Matt McGloin Posted: 08/29/2019 
https://cosmicbook.news/green-lantern-corps-hbo-max

A new DC show is rumored to be in the works for the upcoming HBO Max streaming service with Green Lantern Corps.

According to TVO from the Lords of the Long Box YouTube channel, Greg Berlanti is developing the Green Lantern Corps series which will feature Kyle Rayner.

It's said the reason Green Lantern Corps will be on HBO Max is that HBO Max will be able to give the series the best budget.

"They don't want to put it on The CW because The CW would not be able to to it justice," said TVO.
Geoff Johns was said to be developing a Green Lantern Corps movie, but there really hasn't been anything said about it in quite a while.
Regarding the use of Hal Jordan, it's said the character is hands-off and will be used in the movies (I was told at Comic-Con J.J. Abrams is developing Green Lantern and Superman).

And regarding John Stewart, it's said that Arrow's John Diggle will fill that role as Diggle's father name was Stewart, and also that John Stewart will appear in the upcoming Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover.

Edited by tv echo

COMICS ON TV FALL PREVIEW: BATWOMAN ARRIVES, ARROW DEPARTS, AND COBIE SMULDERS RETURNS TO SMALL SCREEN
by Erik Amaya | August 30, 2019
https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/comics-on-tv-fall-preview-2019-batwoman-arrow-riverdale-twdx-more/

ARROW: SEASON 8 (2019)  
Returns: October 15 on The CW

What to Expect: In its final 10 episodes, Arrow will see Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) find resolution with people from his past and head off on an impossible mission given to him by The Monitor. Meanwhile, in 2040, Mia (Katherine McNamara) and the New, New Team Arrow face a new challenge as Conner Hawke (Joseph David-Jones) takes on his adoptive brother J.J. (Charlie Barnett) — the natural born son of John Diggle (David Ramsey) and Lyla Micheals (Audrey Marie Anderson). For his part, Diggle will remain at Ollie’s side through “Crisis,” which will consume the eighth episode of the season. Episodes nine and 10 will form the conclusion of the Arrow story.

Suggested Reading: Zero Hour: Crisis in Time by Dan Jurgens, Jerry Ordway, and Gregory Wright

Edited by tv echo

Episode #117 – Ben Lewis + Carnival Row
August 27, 2019 Nicola Austin
https://wehaveahulk.co.uk/episode-117-ben-lewis-carnival-row/

00:44:53 – 01:00:50 Ben Lewis, Arrow Interview

-- On whether there is anything he can say about the final season, BL: "I can tell you pretty much nothing, I'm pretty sure... Yeah, nothing. But, um - but I can tell you that I start shooting episode 5 tomorrow. So we're already sort of - we're moving at a good clip. I mean, it feels like we just started, and we're already starting episode 5. And so, I guess the crossover starts, I think, episode 8? So we're not too far off now. But they don't tell us a lot in advance, you know? Like, I don't really know anything about, um - I know barely anything about what's going to happen in episode 6, let alone episode 8 and, you know, the crossover. I don't even know if I'm going to be in the crossover. I hope to be in some capacity, but I have no idea." Interviewer: "It would such a shame if you weren't!" BL: "I agree, I agree. So if it doesn't happen, the fanbase has permission to start trolling because I want to see it too." BL then mentioned that he knew a couple actors on the other Arrowverse shows, who he would love to work with, like Camrus Johnson, Rachel Skarston, Ramona Young and Jesse Rath. However, he acknowledged that there was only a "limited amount of storytelling real estate" to go around. He also mentioned that he did a movie with Brandon Routh around 10 years ago, but they didn't have any scenes together. He hadn't spoken to BR since, but he found a pic of them from the 2010 premiere of that movie, and he and BR has a nice little instagram exchange over it.

-- On any favorite moments with the close cast, BL: "Last season was really great for me because it was sort of a slow roll-out, getting to work with different actors and different characters sort of week to week, you know? Like, I started the show obviously just working with Colton, uh, on the - on Lian Yu, which was great, because I had actually - I actually knew Colton a little bit ahead of that and I knew he was such a sweet guy... So I felt really comfortable, and that sort of relaxed me, knowing that I was going to be entering this new job and working alongside him. I knew that we would have a good time and that he would sort of, you know, make me feel comfortable, so that was - and he really did, so that was great. Um, and then slowly rolling out, getting to work with Juliana, who's one of my favorites... Such a lovely person. Um, as well as introducing Andrea's character, um, who's also just like one of my favorites. And then, yeah, throughout the season, just sort of getting to work with more and more people... Honestly, every person that I worked with in the cast, uh, was great. I couldn't have asked for more... And even this season, I can't say who specifically I've gotten to work with who's new this season, but there are some new - there are some new people, um, not necessarily new to the show, but new to me. So, um, it's just - that trend has just continued... All the actors involved in the show have been great, and that's pretty rare, you know, for everybody to be sort of pretty consistently great to work with."

-- On whether he'd be up for a Star City 2040 spinoff, BL: "I would definitely be up for it. I mean, I feel like, you know, I feel like we're just scratching the surfaces with these new characters, and the writers have put so much into the creat - developing them... Yeah, I think it would be a shame if sort of we never, uh, saw Adult William or Mia or Adult Zoe and Connor beyond this final season of Arrow... But it's the Arrowverse, you know, so everything's interconnected, so even if there's not a spinoff, that's not to say we wouldn't sort of, you know, pop up in the Arrowverse in some other capacity... But don't get me wrong, I would love to do a spinoff, and I - I hope that it happens. But I think that the fans, like you said, who are - who want to see that, I hope that they are vocal about it online, because their opinions do not go, uh, unnoticed by us or by the creators of the show or by the people at The CW, so I think that the more vocal the fanbase is - if they want it, the more vocal they are about it, the more likely it is to happen."

-- On whether he's working on anything else at the moment or whether it's all full-speed ahead on Arrow for now, BL: "I mean, it's full speed ahead on Arrow for now. I recently shot a very small part in a movie called Covers with, uh, Dakota Johnson, which was really cool. I loved the script for this movie so much and I just wanted to be a part of it in some small capacity. I was very excited that I got to do that and that that worked out with my Arrow schedule... Again, it's very small, it's like a one-scene role. But that will be coming out next year, and I'm excited about that. And, um, I also - I write myself, so I have a couple of scripts that I've written that are sort of in various stages of development... We'll see... Like I said, I hope that beyond November, there's more Arrowverse stuff to come, but yeah, we'll see."

Edited by tv echo

Even after a season of FFs, I still can’t believe Rene is mayor. Rene. 

Star City: We hate vigilantes. Boo Oliver Queen. The guy only saved our city all the time. (Right? We’re hating vigilantes and specifically the Green Arrow right now?)

Also Star City: let’s keep electing a guy who goes by Wild Dog to be mayor? He’s clearly loyal since he turned on his teammate in court.*

*It’s not public knowledge that Diaz was threatening Zoe, right?

(imagine Rene in his Wild Dog costume on that poster. At least have fun with it.)

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Star City: We hate vigilantes. Boo Oliver Queen. The guy only saved our city all the time. (Right? We’re hating vigilantes and specifically the Green Arrow right now?)

They hate vigilantes in the future, but as of 722, they were still heroes since they saved the day publicly (which was weird at the time since they set up why the city would be against them in 720 and 721, but maybe they figured they had to stop it to give Rene and Dinah something to do in s8).

10 minutes ago, way2interested said:

They hate vigilantes in the future, but as of 722, they were still heroes since they saved the day publicly (which was weird at the time since they set up why the city would be against them in 720 and 721, but maybe they figured they had to stop it to give Rene and Dinah something to do in s8).

True, but when S8 picks up with SC in the present, that could have always changed (and then change again .. and again ..)

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

True, but when S8 picks up with SC in the present, that could have always changed (and then change again .. and again ..)

For sure, but clearly not enough for Dinah and Rene to not have plots, and it's at least still following itself in the present XD

David Nykl is back in Vancouver (after spending the last two weeks in Montreal, Quebec and Toronto). Arrow is currently shooting 805. From the episode title, "Prochnost," it appears to be a Bratva-related story, so hopefully Anatoly will be returning. He could be another character with whom Oliver gets closure...

Edited by tv echo

I don't know if this is a real spoiler or just them joking around at Dragon Con...

Major Arrowverse Character May Be Joining The Cast Of ‘Legends Of Tomorrow’
Jacob Campbell POSTED ON SEPTEMBER 2, 2019
https://fullcirclecinema.com/2019/09/02/major-arrowverse-character-legends-of-tomorrow/

It looks like the Waverider could be adding a new member to the crew. Based on a recent Instagram post by Tala Ashe, Colton Haynes’ Roy Harper may be joining the cast of Legends of Tomorrow for its upcoming fifth season.

Ashe, who plays Zari on The CW series, posted an image of Haynes alongside co-stars Nick Zano and Jes Macallan with a caption that reads “Just hanging with our newest legend”. This in itself seems like confirmation that Roy Harper will be joining the show in some capacity. Additionally, it seems the cast was also teasing the casting during a panel at DragonCon yesterday.

405vfwm2r7k31.jpg 

Edited by tv echo

FYI, Charlie Barnett will be an Emmy presenter (I assume his Arrow casting is still a spoiler)...

Emmys: Jon Favreau, Laverne Cox, Jeff Goldblum Among Presenters at Creative Arts Ceremony
8/28/2019 by Alexandra Del Rosario
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jon-favreau-jeff-goldblum-more-will-present-at-creative-arts-emmys-1235137

The 2019 Creative Arts Emmy Awards will see a star-studded lineup of presenters, ranging from MCU stars to dancers, during its two-day ceremony on Saturday, Sept. 14, and Sunday, Sept. 15. 
Laverne Cox, along with Game of Thrones' Alfie Allen and Russian Doll's Charlie Barnett, are just a few of the presenters set to hand out awards during Sunday's ceremony. Joining them will be Rachel Bloom of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, This Is Us actor Ron Cephas Jones and The Kominsky Method's Lisa Edelstein, as well as Pen15's Anna Konkle and Maya Erskine. 

Regarding 805, I was searching for when the word "prochnost" was previously used on Arrow. I found that it was used in the following episodes (I don't know if there are more episodes in which the word was used)...

206 (Keep Your Enemies Closer) – Oliver introduces Diggle to Anatoly Knyazev:
Oliver: “John Diggle, this is Anatoly Knyazev.”
Diggle: “Thank you for meeting us.”
Anatoly: “If Oliver vouches for you, you're my second favorite American... First, a toast.”
Diggle: “None for me. Thanks.” (Oliver silently urges him to take a glass)
Anatoly: “Prochnost."
Oliver: "Strength." (They all drink) 
Anatoly: "Now. Business. This is woman you look for, yes? Picture is from two days ago, from Gulag - prison.”
Diggle: “Lyla was arrested?”
Anatoly: “Not quite. From what I hear, she was trying to break in.”

311 (Midnight City) – Diggle and Roy toast to Oliver, and Felicity gives Team Arrowless new purpose:
Diggle: “Sometimes, me and Oliver will come down here after, you know, tough nights. He would pour this, look up and say 'prochnost.'"
Roy: "What does that mean?"
Diggle: "I have no earthly idea. To Oliver."
Roy: “To Oliver. We can't do this without Oliver, can we? Felicity was right.
Felicity (entering with Laurel): “Actually, I was wrong, and I'm not wrong a lot.”
Laurel: “I talked to my father. He said the Mayor is going to cave and cede control over the Glades. They're going to evacuate the police force.”
Felicity: “So it's up to us to stop Brick.”
Roy: “’Us?’ What, are you and Laurel a team now?”
Felicity: “I was wrong when I said Oliver's mission was over, because it's not just Oliver's mission anymore, it is ours. It's our home that is under attack.” 

317 (Suicidal Tendencies) – Oliver and Diggle toast to Floyd Lawton:
Diggle: "What'd I miss?"
Oliver: "Ohh, not much. I'm glad you're back."
Diggle: "So am I. Turns out Lyla and I are not very good at vacations." 
Oliver: "Republic of Kaznia, huh?"
Diggle: "Mm-hmm.”
Oliver: "And Floyd Lawton?”
Diggle: "Yeah. You were right, Oliver. Doing what we do, having loved ones at home... It's complicated.” 
Oliver: "Well, the things that matter always are.” 
Diggle: "To Floyd Lawton.”
Oliver: "Prochnost.”
Diggle: "Any luck finding your imposter?”
Oliver: "Still out there.” 
Diggle: "Oliver, we have to stop this guy before he puts arrows in any more criminals.”
Oliver: "Or...before he starts putting them in innocent people.”

521 (Honor Thy Fathers) - In flashback scene, Anatoly Knyazev and Oliver return to Lian Yu, from where Oliver plans to be rescued; and they say goodbye to each other there:
Oliver: "Anatoly."
Anatoly: "Last time we say goodbye, it took us years."
Oliver: "We will see each other again."
Anatoly: "How about [Russian words]?"
Oliver: "How about 'prochnost'?"
Anatoly: "Prochnost. Da. (Hugs Oliver) You will always be my brother."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

I can't remember really and don't have the time to search but he find the prison arc hard work/isolating in a different way than normal? And this is the last chance to hype up the show so no surprise he's going to go full out. 

Whilst I'm sure COIE is going to be insane, hopefully in a great way, in other seasons SA has said that about episodes that turn out to be quite mediocre, in my opinion at least. 

Edited by Featherhat

From TV Line's Fall Spoilers package (not much new here): 
https://tvline.com/gallery/fall-tv-2019-season-premiere-spoilers/starling-city/

As suggested by the Season 7 finale, Oliver will be doing the Monitor’s bidding until the “Crisis” crossover kicks off in December. And though Oliver assumed he’d fly solo on this task-based mission, “a familiar encounter” will lead him to realize “he’s not going to be allowed to do it alone,” says series lead Stephen Amell. (As David Ramsey told TVLine, “Diggle has always been on Oliver’s side, and it will be no different in Season 8. We’ll see them get even tighter, in ways that they haven’t been before.”) Co-showrunner Marc Guggenheim — acknowledging that Arrow is “fundamentally a different show without Emily [Bett Rickards],” who played Felicity — says that the first seven episodes of the 10-episode farewell run offer “an opportunity to really look back on the first seven seasons, which is very gratifying.” And as it does so, watch for a return to “stunts that we’ve never seen before,” says Guggenheim, while Amell adds, “We’re going to try to develop a sense of humor for Oliver — in the nick of time!”

BONUS SPOILER!: In the future storyline with Mia, Connor et al, “We get to do something with Team Arrow 2.0 that we didn’t get a chance to do with 1.0, which is tell the story of their growing pains,” says Guggenheim. “That’s a lot of fun.”

RETURN DATE: Tuesday, Oct. 15 at 9/8c (The CW)

14 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Amell adds, “We’re going to try to develop a sense of humor for Oliver — in the nick of time!”

Because a presumed suicide mission while separated from his wife and family is the perfect opportunity for Oliver to develop a sense of humor. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, lemotomato said:

Because a presumed suicide mission while separated from his wife and family is the perfect opportunity for Oliver to develop a sense of humor. 

Yeah, this is one of the worst times to do this. (Depending on how they do it. A joke or two is fine, but that’s it.) 

• Love 3

I'm torn on the Oliver developing a sense of humor thing. On one hand, immediately after being forced to abandon your wife and children to head towards your fairly immediate, seemingly inevitable death is a weird af time to suddenly develop one but on the other, this season has the potential to be so dark and depressing that they kind of have to lighten the mood somehow and most of the characters who have added levity in the past are gone. It also really depends on what type of humor we're talking about, a fatalistic, gallows type humor would make sense and actually be fairly in character for Oliver but if Oliver's suddenly cracking jokes all the time that wouldn't work for me at all.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Trisha said:

Posting here in case the hood thing is considered spoi

Way to be committal there SA. we knew they worked together in at least the first episode but it's still unclear if that extends much beyond it or all the time. I just think it will be weird of BS is constantly there with these two brothers on their last mission/road trip. Not to mention the anti chemistry. 

As for the humour, could go either way. If he's constantly cracking jokes then no, but a gallows humour is pretty appropriate and a way of coping with what's happening.

• Love 4

Remember this SA comment where he basically said that playing Oliver as more humorous next season was to fill the levity void left by Felicity's absence? ...

-- On EBR not being on Arrow this season, SA: "She's one of my best friends and it's tough not having her there, because Oliver's a dick sometimes and - and the levity of Emily's character, you know, always - it was there. I'm actually purposefully trying this year to not take scenes where I might be a little morose and, because we'd always have the juxtaposition of Felicity, we don't have that this year. So, um, believe it or not, here's a scoop for you, I tell a joke or two. Yeah. Try to be humorous... It doesn't work... I heard a rumor that the character in the comics is quick-witted and sort of funny, so we're trying to incorporate that, you know, right before the show's done." Leanne Aguilera: "Get a little bit of Barry Allen in there." SA: "No, get a little bit of, like, canon Oliver Queen!" (TCA Summer 2019 Press Tour, Aug 4, 2019: Aug. 6, 2019 Entertainment Tonight video of SA interview, page 3 of Spoilers thread and page 11 of Spoiler Discussion Final thread)

Edited by tv echo