Type keyword(s) to search

Season 21 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Maybe her ex was as terrible as she is. I mean, she is related to Tommy!

You make a good point.

I thought one of them was saying that they thought David had been in prison and then the other was saying that he didn't think that because David's teeth were too nice to have been in prison. Either way, they both came off horribly in the convo. 

This is the way I understood it as well. His teeth are too nice for him to have ever been in prison.

Yea, thank heavens for Christie! She pretty much single-handedly saved this season from being BB15 levels of awful/BB16 levels of boring.

I don't knoooow....I think Christie was very close to reaching a Paul level of hatred from BB viewers.

1 hour ago, Ellee said:

Re: Christie on blowing up her alliance.  Do you think ego or playing too hard or .... ?

I'm thinking HUUUUGE ego. She like to be in control, in the know, and THE alpha-female.

There were certain times that her ego really rubbed me the wrong way because I saw it as a way to make fools of the others:

1. When she started the grateful circles, where everyone gathered to say things they were grateful for. She (and others, but mainly, her) was throwing around the word "grateful" so much, i think, mocking the others who were oblivious to that alliance. I can hear her after the season, "Ha! We were saying the name of our alliance so much and you didn't even catch on!"

2. When she was going on and on about how close to each other she and Tommy lived. She was clearly mocking the others and will throw it in their face after the season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I hope that Jackson wins -and that Cliff and Nicole will be forced to live with their decision forever.

Making a final four deal with Jackson and Holly was very short-sighted. I can see the appeal of aligning with the strongest players to get further in the game but once it's down to those four Cliff and Nicole are toast. If they think they have any shot at beating Holly and Jackson at that point they're delusional. They are banking of dumb luck to win by then.

Side note, somewhere above I read that Bayleigh told Holly how Jackson is being perceived by the viewers.  How the hell is that allowed?  Remember the days people would fly banners over the backyard and production flipped out?  Now they are actually bringing the information to the houseguests themselves.  What is happening to my show?

Well they wouldn't have this problem if they stopped bringing back former HGs. It's a dumb stunt, especially when it's someone like Swaggy and Bayleigh nobody even cares about. Even so it should be easy enough to avoid. Bring them in through the back door, keep them separated from the other HGs, have their hosting duties carefully scripted then usher them right back out the door the second the comp is over. No mingling. 

Problem is...nobody ever wants to be in the 'bottom feeders' alliance. Or the underdog alliance. Or the nerd alliance. They always seem to never want to align and are always thirsty for acceptance in the cool kids alliance.

To beat a dead horse, it's all down to the casting. They make sure they cast the exact same types every single season. There's a call sheet with 16 very specific types on it, and everyone who applies is auditioning for one of those 16 roles. 

If you use the exact same ingredients every time, you get the exact same recipe.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

To beat a dead horse, it's all down to the casting. They make sure they cast the exact same types every single season. There's a call sheet with 16 very specific types on it, and everyone who applies is auditioning for one of those 16 roles. 

If you use the exact same ingredients every time, you get the exact same recipe.

Yep. That's why there is the token gay guy (there's never 2). Token super fan. Token lesbian/bisexual (it's never a bi-guy, and there's never 2). Token nerd. Token frat boy. Token model/actress. Token person over 40 (there's never 2). Token athlete. Token surfer guy. Token recruit. Token parent. Token religious person (ex: Kaysar, Dan, Andrew, etc).

Its getting old. 

Edited by Slider
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I think I will cancel my CBS All Access this weekend. It’s soooo boring with the remaining people left. I don’t even know if it be any better with crazy Christie in the house. I really wish Tommy had won HOH and nominated Holly & Jackson. Most likely Holly would have went. Then let the chips fall where they may. The only drama now is if Tommy wins Veto. I just really don’t want Jackson to win or be in the Final 3 which is most likely, 

LoL booting Holly over Jackson wouldve been really stupid but then we had the DE with Nicole and Cliff being morons and not Breaking up the now 6 comp win Jackson and 2 win Holly 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Slider said:

Yep. That's why there is the token gay guy (there's never 2). 

In all fairness in BB17 there were 2 gay guys. Steve and Jason. Steve only talked about it when the feeds were down but the other HG's talked about it obliquely with him. 

4 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Christie TWICE blew up her alliance for what seemed to be just for shits and giggles. 

And cliff & Nicole were well aware of this. No wonder they chose holly & jackson over crazy Christie and annoying as bloody hell tommy. 

• Love 8

Nicole said on the live feed last night that she realizes America could be screaming: "Why didn't you get rid of Jackson?" But she rationalized her choice by saying something like: I would rather lose to somebody who played a great game than take the chance that Christie could win."

So there you have it.

• Useful 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
50 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:
1 hour ago, Slider said:

Yep. That's why there is the token gay guy (there's never 2). 

In all fairness in BB17 there were 2 gay guys. Steve and Jason. Steve only talked about it when the feeds were down but the other HG's talked about it obliquely with him. 

Sorry but one season doesn’t do it for me. They need to do better.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

I don't think Steve was out, though, and I'm not sure whether Production even knew that he was gay. I think that was just a happy accident. 

To be honest, I didn't even know that Steve was gay until someone said something here during BB19 or BB20. 

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I don't think Steve was out, though, and I'm not sure whether Production even knew that he was gay. I think that was just a happy accident. 

To be honest, I didn't even know that Steve was gay until someone said something here during BB19 or BB20. 

Yeah, I never knew that during the season. I remember him telling people there was something he wanted to tell them when the cameras were off.  I think posters here had suspicions, but it was all kinda vague.

I do remember little shit Jason trying to imply Steve was homophobic, which was really low and one reason I just couldn't stand him.

Holly is studying the memory wall right now.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Ellee said:

I wonder what David, Ovi, Kemi, Kat, Nicole, Cliff and Sam would have done if they aligned against the others.  How that would have worked.  I’m not so sure that it would have turned into the season it has turned into. 

Also think there would have been more humor and real strategy and less intimidation and ego. 

Sorry ... just realized I forgot Jessica.  She should be in that group too.  I’d bet her game would be 100% different. 

Yup. If only Jess had been elected camp counselor back at the beginning instead of Jackhole. That could have kept this season from becoming the trainwreck it is. I'll never understand why so many of the HGs voted to give all that power at the very beginning to the stereotypical alpha-male that tends to do well on this show. 

Edited by me5671
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, me5671 said:

I'll never understand why so many of the HGs voted to give all that power at he very beginning to the stereotypical alpha-male that tends to do well on this show. 

It's what people mentioned before. Everyone wants to be in the cool kids alliance. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I found myself thinking about this quite a bit (as we sit here waiting to get hit by the remnants of Dorian and hoping our power stays on). 

I don't want to open a whole can of worms, but it occurred to me that given how offensive and insulting the early part of the season was to minorities (the quote about David brought it all hideously back), perhaps BB thought it could mitigate some of the damage by bringing Bayleigh and Swaggy back to host. 

Yes, I know most people here just loathe them, but I guarantee most casual show watchers know nothing about the whole charity debacle, and will probably think it's cute to see another BB couple host, and in this case the only black BB couple so far. (I think?) 

Camp Comeback seems like it happened years ago, but at the time I remember being really upset about it. That's before my slow slide into apathy. Right now I'm fine with whoever wins, which is good for my blood pressure but sort of boring 💤 

Stay safe.

6 hours ago, Lamima said:

We are near UNC and Duke and it, Dorian, passed by us right after BB on Thursday...through the night. All clear yesterday and today. No power lost for us either. Hope those north of us are fairing the same. I know the beaches in NC and SC had some issues with surge and power outages. Hope everyone is safe there. Too much devastation in the Bahamas as it is. 

Glad you are ok.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Lamima said:

I am one too. As are my 3 twenty-something kids. So I am always rooting for and hoping those guys get together. But they never seem to manage it. I wish Nicole and Cliff could pull off the F2. Tommy has to go this week and then Snackson next week. 

Here’s hoping you are right.

5 hours ago, Lamima said:

So next week Holly should throw HOH. She should go to Cliff and Nicole and say I will throw to you guys because we HAVE to get Jackson out. I mean none of them stand a chance at making any F2 decision with Jackson still around. This is assuming Tommy goes to jury this week. Now Jackson has strong chance to win veto and pull himself off but you HAVE to take that chance. Though if he wins veto Holly goes home so....maybe she does need to gun for HOH. And hope that Cliff or Nicole win veto and JAckson replaces.

Does Holly still think she’ll get to the F2 with Jackson? I don’t think it will happen even if she believes it so and Jackson tells her it’s true.

4 hours ago, vb68 said:

Holly isn't remotely bold enough to have THAT conversation. She'd be petrified that would get right back to him. And you guys thought Jackson was icy and nasty in their fight last week? Heh. Just wait if he ever gets word of Holly trying to get rid of him.  

Yeah I think they are probably all afraid to get rid of Jackson except for Tommy.

• Love 2

Jackson had an F2 with Jack. Jack had an F3 with Tommy and Christie.  Holly had an F2 with Kat. But Holly and Jackson also had an F2. Nicole has an F2 with Cliff but at some point also with Nick. Cliff had an F3 at one point with Holly and Kat - I think? They were the southern team.  Lot's of F2s and F3s.  Are there some other F2 agreements we don't know about - perhaps Cliff and Jackson? Or Holly and Nicole?

• Love 1

And after he confessed, there was a good 20 minutes straight of the fish cam.  What I don't get is why Holly was all, "I'm sorry!" after he confessed.  What the hell is she apologizing for?  I also want to know what Jackson and Holly think about this situation without Tommy being present. 

• Love 3

This was a very bad game move for Tommy. There is no way anyone left would want to keep him with a guaranteed vote in jury. In fact, if he wins all comps and gets to F2, first thing out of other ones mouth should be, "and Tommy here has been playing with a long time friend and has probably been campaigning for him to win in jury. Fooling you all".

• Love 12
Just now, missyb said:

This was a very bad game move for Tommy. There is no way anyone left would want to keep him with a guaranteed vote in jury. In fact, if he wins all comps and gets to F2, first thing out of other ones mouth should be, "and Tommy here has been playing with a long time friend and has probably been campaigning for him to win in jury. Fooling you all".

Such a bad move. Why would he do it?

Just now, zorak said:

And after he confessed, there was a good 20 minutes straight of the fish cam.  What I don't get is why Holly was all, "I'm sorry!" after he confessed.  What the hell is she apologizing for?  I also want to know what Jackson and Holly think about this situation without Tommy being present. 

I think maybe she was apologizing for bashing Christie. 

• Love 2
Just now, missyb said:

I thought about that but part of me wonders if it's a strategy on his part to get to the final 2. He could play it off like whoever is against him can reveal this info and then nobody would vote for him to win, so why not bring him to final 2.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Tommy just got called to the DR.  Cliff just commented to Nicole that it was kind of weird for Tommy to be called to the DR like this.  Cliff said it was probably just for a quick little something that Tommy needed to re-do.  If only he knew the likely reason.  Now Holly and Jackson are talking.

3 minutes ago, zorak said:

I thought about that but part of me wonders if it's a strategy on his part to get to the final 2. He could play it off like whoever is against him can reveal this info and then nobody would vote for him to win, so why not bring him to final 2.

More likely it’s just last gasp attention whoring. He knows he’s probably out the door next, so he wants maximum tv time. 

• Love 17

Holly says it makes her question even more if people knew each other.  She says she wonders if Nick and Nicole already knew each other like she maybe thought.

Now Jackson is telling Holly how he had met Kat in Dallas prior to the show.  He was visiting a friend and she knew the friend or something.  Holly was surprised to hear this.

Edited by zorak
  • Useful 2

Wow! Live feeders must have been screaming when it went to fish!! How annoying! 

Secrets are power. It's flattering when someone chooses to reveal a huge secret to only you. Maybe Tommy saw revealing this to Jackson and Holly as a way of solidifying a bond with them. You saw Holly promise to keep his secret, like they're now his confidants. 

Windy as heck here in the Maritimes. My clothesline just snapped and the tree it's attached to is moving wildly, and the ground around the base keeps moving during the stronger gusts like the tree's about to pull up its roots and topple over. Mr. Melina is freaking a little because it will fall right on his beloved garage. We still have power so I'm pretty calm. 

• Love 4
Just now, Melina22 said:

Wow! Live feeders must have been screaming when it went to fish!! How annoying! 

I just assume that Tommy's aunt didn't sign a release. I cringe whenever discussion of friends or family outside the house comes up because we're almost certain to get the aquarium then. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Windy as heck here in the Maritimes. My clothesline just snapped and the tree it's attached to is moving wildly, and the ground around the base keeps moving during the stronger gusts like the tree's about to pull up its roots and topple over. Mr. Melina is freaking a little because it will fall right on his beloved garage. We still have power so I'm pretty calm. 

Stay safe! 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, zorak said:

Either Holly is more clueless than I thought or more self centered. 

Clueless. The Holly/Kat thing would have been the first thing out of my mouth.  And once game came to mind I probably would have turned it into a joke. 

Self-centered.  Holly made herself the front runner in the bomb Tommy just dropped. 

Or they all knew and it’s a made for tv scene. 

• Love 1

Jackson says that Holly saying, "No, you idiot!" to him  just makes her look mean and bitchy.  He says he's telling her this not because he's easily offended but because he's just worried about her image because she knows she cares about her image.

10 minutes ago, zorak said:

Now Jackson is telling Holly how he had met Kat in Dallas prior to the show.  He was visiting a friend and she knew the friend or something.  Holly was surprised to hear this.

3 minutes ago, zorak said:

There was fishcam and the feeds came back just as Jackson was telling Holly he was a good liar.  He's saying he didn't really know Kat before the show.

Pick a fucking lane and stay in it, Jackson. This is SRS BSNS!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Holly:  "I can't believe Tommy knows Christie."  Then it sounded like she was saying she felt bad for him right before it went to the fishcam briefly.

Cliff upon finding out that Tommy is still in the DR:  "Huh."

1 minute ago, zorak said:

Holly:  "I can't believe Tommy knows Christie."  Then it sounded like she was saying she felt bad for him right before it went to the fishcam briefly.

I think she was saying she felt bad for Tommy's aunt? 

And yeah Jackson lecturing Holly is seriously bad. I can't stand him.

• Love 3

Here is an unpopular opinion, I agree with Jackson. Holly can be so sensitive about how she is talked to, talked over, perceived but she can call someone an idiot ? Even if kidding ? I think she could use a less abrasive word and "come off' much better. Just my opinion.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Wow! I have to think that he has zero trust in Christie keeping her mouth shut in jury, so he’s doing an end around. But yeah, dude, not a play to get people to keep you!

Alas, the fun we missed out on by not getting those two on the block against each other in a normal week. What a ripoff.  Still, Christie out, good

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, missyb said:

Here is an unpopular opinion, I agree with Jackson. Holly can be so sensitive about how she is talked to, talked over, perceived but she can call someone an idiot ? Even if kidding ? I think she could use a less abrasive word and "come off' much better. Just my opinion.

But do you really think he lectures her about this stuff because he's just looking out for her best interests like he claims every time?

Jackson got called to the DR and now it's on the animal cam.  Perhaps it's time for the veto comp.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, zorak said:

But do you really think he lectures her about this stuff because he's just looking out for her best interests like he claims every time?

No!! But I do think it is his way of telling her he doesn't like it, its rude, hurts his feelings, without starting a fight! And a subtle reminder that she sounds , again, like the mean girl when she does this.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, missyb said:

I dunno, "idiot" is pretty far down there on the list of insults. It might not even rank on the top 100. 

But then these people are basically strangers who banged on camera and live in a weird pressure cooker situation. I think Jackson is being a bit douchey about it because he is a douche and I think Holly is being a little hypocritical about it but really, "idiot" is pretty tame. I think anything that Holly could have said instead (stupid, silly, dense, etc.) would have set Jackson off on another BUT MAH/UR REPUTATION!!!1 speech. 

• Love 8