Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: Something Borrowed, Something New

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 6/19/2019 at 9:28 PM, Neurochick said:

I think it's sweet.  There is such a negative stereotype of black fathers not being there for their children.  It was nice to see two black fathers there for their daughters.

While it's nice for any father of any race to be there for their children, I think that Elizabeth's and Iris's fathers were over the top.  Deonna's father was very calm and composed and I'd bet that he cares just as much about his daughter as the other fathers.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 17
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

That was Amber’s mom.  She was trying to make him feel comfortable because he didn’t have his own mom there to dance with.  

No, I was talking about the announcer who called for Matt's mother.  

4 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

While it's nice for any father of any race to be their for their children, I think that Elizabeth's and Iris's fathers were over the top.  Deonna's father was very calm and composed and I'd bet that he cares just as much about his daughter as the other fathers.

I don't know, I think that people just emote differently.  It's not right or wrong, it just is.  People express themselves differently. 

And there is a negative stereotype around black fathers, so for me, it's nice to see black fathers care.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 15
6 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don't know, I think that people just emote differently.  It's not right or wrong, maybe it's not the way you want people to emote.

Of course people emote differently.  Doesn't mean I have to like it and I'm free to comment as I see fit.  

• Love 11
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Of course people emote differently.  Doesn't mean I have to like it and I'm free to comment as I see fit.  

And I don't mind emotion.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2
(edited)

When Tony is on screen do you hear banjo music?

He looks like the golfer Curtis Strange.

Eliz’s mom Drema looks like Shirley MacLaine.

Amber looks like Zosia Mamet, the character Shoshanna from Girls.

Iris’ Dad, Tony looks like Ving Rhames

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, PityFree said:

“Oh hi, New MIL! Let me tell you all about my hymen!”

Surely that was producer driven? Is it really that strange to see a white wedding dress and comment on it? My god. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 15

So far, I’m liking all these couples more than all the others in the past.  All good looking, respectable, and nice families.  OMG, Iris’s Father crying.  I blubbered like a baby when I danced with my Son at his wedding.  So embarrassed.  It was really nice of Amber’s Mom to dance with Matt. He should of at least asked hisMom to come, but who knows why.  I felt bad for him.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

Surely that was producer driven? Is it really that strange to see a white wedding dress and comment on it? My god. 

Yeah I like Keith's mom but I definitely think that was producer driven.

• Love 16

I loved Iris' mom getting a juicy tidbit and running straight to her son with it: "Ooooh, child!" So human.

My guess is that MAFS production straight up told the DJ to call for Matt's mother.

Were none of the women shown how to bustle their dresses?

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
46 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I like Keith's mom.

I did until she couldn't wait to run to Keith with the juicy gossip. Whether producer- driven or not, that was for Iris to reveal to her new spouse. A big raspberry to Iris also for having that inane convo with her new m.i.l. in the 1st place.

• Love 12
(edited)

All of the couples seem to have good chemistry at the start. No one is immediately turned off or running for the hills. I'm not sure if Keith's mom had a mother's intuition about the white or not. Iris insisted on pure white so obviously she wanted someone to notice. Definitely could have been producer driven though. While it's not the best, I think Keith's mom had good intention, not gossip. She and her son are obviously close and she knows him. It made Keith slow his roll down immediately so there was no pressure on the wedding night. Iris looked really comfortable climbing into bed with him. I was surprised. So maybe he was giving off the vibe that he truly didn't expect anything.

But from the season previews there seems to be a lot of upcoming drama. I'm excited about that. I feel like these super religious black couples they put together crash and burn so quickly.

Edited by shouldbedancing
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, shouldbedancing said:

Iris looked really comfortable climbing into bed with him

She really did. I have to keep reminding myself that the camera crew and a producer are in the room and Iris and Keith probably did the climbing in bed scene more than once.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

We also have to remember that she told Dr Pepper that she was technically a virgin.  I suspect she's an everything but.. . . .  She's probably had a lot of oral.  She's not a Duggar

Her reaction in the previews to her husband having condoms everywhere. . . ..

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

This season seems to have really lost the authentication that season 1 had. 

Now it looks like they really want the shock value. Even Monet and Vaughn were more authentic than this bunch. I blame the producers for 90% of it.

• Love 5
(edited)

Iris expects Keith to have one magical condom?

Rubbers get fumbled out of the package onto the floor, ripped, punctured, lost, rolled on the wrong way....having extras is just good planning, Iris.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

Previews have piqued my curiosity...wonder what lie Elizabeth told that has Jamie incensed? Also I did not catch the comment Dr. Viviana made to Elizabeth. Anybody hear it? Were they back from the honeymoon when Iris freaked about the condoms?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ECM1231 said:

Previews have piqued my curiosity...wonder what lie Elizabeth told that has Jamie incensed? Also I did not catch the comment Dr. Viviana made to Elizabeth. Anybody hear it? Were they back from the honeymoon when Iris freaked about the condoms?

Dr. Viviana asked if Elizabeth just called her a bitch. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I don't know if Keith's mother should have spilled the beans about Iris' virginity.

Seems to me that Iris should have save that info for her husband. 

I don't think the other three couples are going to make it.

• Love 2

Unfiltered: JamieO, Amber, Greg, Pastor

JamieO is wearing an Old Navy summer dress with a safety pin holding her gals inside. Her hair needs to be brushed...

Doug forgot to brush her mane 100strokes before she left for the studio.

Amber’s bachelorette dress got ripped by rolling around with the stripper...bet her 8th graders wonder why she’s straddling a stranger only wearing his underpants....

Burn Carlos....ick

Questioning Greg’s drawn in mustache and his orange striped socks.

Amber is a PEZ dispenser....her neck gets broke back just gazing up at Matt.

Amber has the body, hand motions and voice inflections of a middle schooler....

• LOL 6
4 hours ago, OnTime said:

All this slow motion is driving me crazy.  There are trying to make such a production

Yes! I hate the slow motion shots they use in all reality tv shows. It's just an reminder of how they attempt to try to make things seem more dramatic than they really are. When in reality, it does the opposite...it just reminds me of how much the producers manipulate these shows.

• Love 4