Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: Something Borrowed, Something New

• Start Topic

(edited)
5 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Damn, Elizabeth’s bridesmaids going for the jugular with Jamie! 

The immaturity on so many levels was shocking....

Edited by endure
  • Love 10

I'm rooting for all these crazy kids! 

Iris/Keith--Her old man was, to me,  even creepier than Big Red's "First Love and Soul-mate Dad," what with his wailing and gnashing of teeth and leaving the room,  because,  you know,  he protected her for 27 years! 

Iris has very beautiful eyes,  and Keith is easy on the eyes, so go them!

Odd, though, how times have changed. Even in my Boomer lifetime a bride's virginity was not considered aberrant,  while today it apparently is! I never heard of different shades of wedding dresses, however! White was and is de rigueur!

As for Iris's speaking as though the 80s are "ancient" (per Neuro Chick), I'm pretty sure,  in 1967, my graduation class regarded 1929 about the same way!

• Love 9

Anyone else noticed that jamie didnt even bother to stop and introduced himself to his future MIL on the way in?

Sheesh and he was even introduced as the "southern gentleman"  at the altar.

Meanwhile keith was smart enough to stop, introduce himself and even have a few words with iris's mom when he was walking in, as most people with common sense and decency would have done.

But jamie, that bald buffoon just stood there awkwardly like a moron waiting for elisabeth to come out. in the meantime tho, hes looking over at his future MIL while she was looking at him at the same time from the front rows. thats so lame on both sides

No idea why that idea didnt cross his mind to do that? and so much for his so called southern gentleman upbringing. he wasted his 1st chance of making a good impression on his future family. jamie is a total dolt.

• Love 8
(edited)

Also add me to the "elisabeth's relationship with her dad is super creepy and ultra uncomfortable" club 

The things they say to each other cross normal boundaries for father and daughter

I dont care how close they supposedly are. its just super creepy, really gross, disgusting and way way over the line

I just hope that its not one of those "daddys little secret" scenarios that we see on all the time on daytime trash tv like jerry springer

Barf, puke, vomit, hurl and yak 🤮🤮

Edited by STRIDER1
typo
  • Love 13

Elizabeth/"He's a 'J'!" Jamie---I'm okay with her Duchess Fergie-like personality. But I have never cared for the underlying aggression in the cake-smushing "tradition." Going for Big Red's eyes was not a good look on Jamie Boy. 

His "Are you punctual?" is sure to be a story line of frustration and tears!  Is this couple going to be our very own "Odd Couple,"  with Jamie as Fussy Felix?!

Amber/Matt---I wonder which is weirder, marrying a stranger or marrying a twin? Or not inviting either parent to one's wedding?

Anyhoo, man, was the bride hot to trot or what?! Amber is a self-described tomboy; she'll find a way to climb that tree! 

But we were shown tears in her future and hints of a wandering eye in his, so we might have another "Case of the Too-Soon Sex"!

Deonna/Greg---Am I the only one who thinks his head is unusually small?  

She gave us a Lukewarm "I don't kiss on the first date" altar claim. Not a date,  Dee! 

Maybe I'll have more to say after re-watching! 

All in all,  I think each couple as of what we've been shown has potential. I'm hooked, so it's a No-Spoiler Season for me!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
50 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Elizabeth/"He's a 'J'!" Jamie---I'm okay with her Duchess Fergie-like personality. But I have Maybe I'll have more to say after re-watching!

can you check something for me on the re-watch, please? I could have sworn that Jamie was wearing brown casual shoes and no socks with his blue wedding suit/tux. I just saw a flash when they were going off after the ceremony to drink champagne... when he stepped up onto the porch, I'm thinking I saw bare ankle about some kinda Hush Puppies or something similar. I was too traumatized to go back to the whole scene to see if I saw what I really think I saw...

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

Production did a good job with the venue.

The flowers and flowering trees very nice.

Just a couple of heavy tatted bridesmaid ...but these brides just had a smattering, like Amber's ink across her back.

Tony....blubbering drama queen..stop it, Ving Rhames..

Ronnie...your jealousy of your SIL JerrySeinfeld has everyone cringing...

Keith went sock less but he was wearing the correct tux loafer.

Jamie was sock less but he should have worn a pair to match his pants' color because of the laced shoe he is wearing.

Greg has a petite head stuck on his shoulders... his bow tie accentuated his lack of neck....

Daddy’s nickname for Eliz is Chardonnay...a common drag queen name....

”When I lie... it will be in your arms”...that will come back to bite our wine bride.

Chardonnay is the type who is always late...they have to make an entrance and likes the attention of people waiting for them...

Amanda Strider...good catch of the bouquet...nice rack, just saying....no disrespect....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

Elizabeth is always late ("I like to think I'm punctual," girl, stop; given that she said her dad would disagree, I'm guessing she's consistently late for work. I bet the non-family employees at that business can't stand her) and is the kind of woman who is taken care of (she should know how to renew her fucking registration and she should be embarrassed that her father does that for her, she's grown), she's kind of brash and loud, and sorry, but her relationship with her dad is creepy. Doesn't she have a lot of siblings? Does her dad spoil all of them like he does her? If not, do they resent her? It didn't seem like Jamie was quite feeling her, although he does want to sleep with her.

Very classy move of Amber's mom to dance with Matt; very tacky move on the show's part to set up that situation in the first place.

I hope Amber calms down a little bit; she's kind of squirrelly. She's lusting for Matt hard, which I find funny (not that she shouldn't, he's cute).

I thought the whole "did you notice what color Iris's dress is?" thing was really dumb; all the dresses were white. While I like Keith's mom (her speech at the wedding was lovely), I thought it was totally inappropriate for her to tell Keith about Iris.

Deonna's sister was rocking a low puff for the wedding too; I wanted to see some formal hair on them, dammit!

Elizabeth's dress was the most egregiously not -altered (it didn't fit her on top at all), but all the dresses could have used some nipping and tucking. That's a common problem on this show - there's not enough time for alterations.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, 2727 said:

Is it too much to hope that after Matt's own eventual divorce, he discovers a tiny bit of empathy for his parents?

"They just gave up!"

When he said that, it made me think that his parents’ divorce must have been very recent. Maybe sudden, too. 

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I hate the scripted, "I married a stranger...."  Ugh, enough already.

And don't forget--it's legally binding.

11 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think it's sweet.  There is such a negative stereotype of black fathers not being there for their children.  It was nice to see two black fathers there for their daughters.

Why did they call Matt's mother to the dance floor?  Didn't they know she wasn't going to be there?  That was done for drama 100%.

11 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

The producers suck for calling up Matt's mom. Or was it just a setup for Amber's mom to step up?

I think it was a total set up. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Just a couple of heavy tatted bridesmaid ...but these brides just had a smattering, like Amber's ink across her back.

I think Iris the only person, out of all eight of them, who doesn't have tattoos.

I thought Shawniece and Jep had a lot of tattoos until I saw Matt.

• Love 2

I also thought the whole Virgin White dress debacle was a setup but I wondered how Keith and co. felt when approached to act out that script. Was MamaKeith instructed to ask Iris about her dress or were the virginity beans actually spilled by a producer who gave her direction to prod Iris about it and then further direction to immediately run and tell her son. It was tacky either way.

I really like Greg. Not entirely sure about Deonna but she seems okay now. At least her father didn’t almost hyperventilate during the couple’s first dance. 

I wish Amber would calm down a little. All of the brides were nervous and probably more talkative than normal but she was bordering on Elizabeth levels of irritation.

Speaking of...smh. Add me to the list of people who think Elizabeth and her father’s relationship is strange. If nothing else it screams enmeshment. There’s no way I can believe that Elizabeth won’t be running to daddy with every single little problem in her life. Regardless of Jamie’s penis size, the main man in her life is her father and I don’t see that changing without some boundaries being put in place. 

Also strange that we didn’t see her siblings at the wedding? Maybe they’re completely over Elizabeth and her antics. I know I am and the season just started. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

Elizabeth's bridesmaids clearly subscribe to the same lack of boundaries that Elizabeth's dad does.  Seriously?  Why would they ask Jamie what his expectations are for the wedding night and honeymoon?  How about the expectation of "none of your fucking business?"

Same with Keith's mom asking Iris about the significance of her white dress.  Huh?  Totally a set up to intro the V card when she RunTellDat to Keith.  Please.

That said, Iris and Keith are gorgeous together and my faves (so far) for this season.  Which hopefully doesn't mean they will crash and burn.

Loved how Amber's mom got up to dance with Matt.  Sweet.  

Not getting a super clear read on Deonna and Greg yet although they seem to be getting to know each other, if cautiously. 

• Love 11
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Add me to the list of people who think Elizabeth and her father’s relationship is strange. If nothing else it screams enmeshment. There’s no way I can believe that Elizabeth won’t be running to daddy with every single little problem in her life. Regardless of Jamie’s penis size, the main man in her life is her father and I don’t see that changing without some boundaries being put in place. 

And given that she works for her father, she probably sees him every day. I get the feeling that he supports her, not just with whatever salary she earns but I suspect he funds her life in other ways (he paid for her birthday party, for example). I don't think she WANTS boundaries with him, which would be a really big problem for me if I were Jamie.

3 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Not getting a super clear read on Deonna and Greg yet although they seem to be getting to know each other, if cautiously. 

I laughed when Deonna and Greg's guests were clinking their classes while Deonna and Greg were praying, and when they finished Greg was like "We were praying!" mock-indignantly. That was funny.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 11

The more I think about it I think Elizabeth's father has deliberately sabotaged her personal relationships. His wedding speech was more of a roast. It was completely inappropriate and was clearly designed to give Jamie doubts. Daddy doesn't want any man in his daughter's life but him. She needs to break away and move to another state so she can get out from under that stifling parental relationship. It is not healthy for her and she is the one who will suffer in the long run. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

Before reading your wonderful commentary…

Elizabeth is going to drive Jamie absolutely batshit crazy. She’s just so loud and over the top. He might think it’s cute now but I think he’ll be very embarrassed if they are out drinking with friends because her personality is just too much. 

OMG did Elizabeth just say, “Advantayshus” and call it a five dollar SAT? I seriously winced. From now on, when someone uses a big word here, we must give them a 5 dollar SAT award or something.

One thing I totally have in common with her is the picky eating thing. I totally get it. Who the fuck are the bridesmaids asking Jamie about his “expectations” for the night and all these other questions? he should have told them all to fuck off and mind their own business. Who the hell are these people to ask such questions?

Dear Keith: I’m not into fancy dress up events and rarely notice these things, but if you are going to have a wedding with all the fancy, fancy, then you should NOT be wearing shoes with no socks. Plus, your pants are too short. So incredibly unattractive on a good looking man.

Not a big fan of Iris but her father dancing with her saying, “Shake it out, shake it out,” was adorable! Iris’s father walking out in tears and becoming the center of attention outside his daughter’s wedding put me off. Your daughter is a grown up. You can cry, but don’t make a spectacle of yourself.  Iris lost me with her “we get to pee and poop in front of each other." I know people are different and have their own sense of humor. I'm one of those that finds zero humor in bathroom talk.  

Amber is a little too giddy and juvenile for my taste. Not being able to keep your hands off your spouse is fine, but there’s a time and place, Amber. 

Deonna and Greg are meh to me. Still getting to know them. I get something of a demanding vibe from her. If they are super religious and Greg thinks she will be subservient in any way, I think he’s seriously mistaken. 

I like the previews for the season a lot better than this episode. 

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

The more I think about it I think Elizabeth's father has deliberately sabotaged her personal relationships. His wedding speech was more of a roast. It was completely inappropriate and was clearly designed to give Jamie doubts. Daddy doesn't want any man in his daughter's life but him. She needs to break away and move to another state so she can get out from under that stifling parental relationship. It is not healthy for her and she is the one who will suffer in the long run. 

I agree but I think Elizabeth likes it that way. I imagine her childhood was spent running to daddy at every turn. Even if the mom attempted to discipline her, all she had to do was turn her pouty face to daddy and he'd let her get her way. 

Of course I'm just speculating based on what we've seen so far but their dynamic goes beyond healthy for a father and daughter in my book. I wonder what she's like at work and if she actually accomplishes anything other than calling attention to herself with her brashness. She and her father seem to think they're the funniest people in the room. They make me cringe.

• Love 14
(edited)
10 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

Dr. Viviana asked if Elizabeth just called her a bitch. 

Picture below. She did call her a bitch. She said, "Bitch, I just knows what I did yesterday." She sounded completely under the influence of something. And Viv said, "You didn't just call me a bitch, did you?"

1 hour ago, PityFree said:

When he said that, it made me think that his parents’ divorce must have been very recent. Maybe sudden, too. 

He said it was about two years ago if I heard him correctly.

elizabeth.jpg

Edited by configdotsys
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, configdotsys said:

Picture below. She did call her a bitch. She said, "Bitch, I just knows what I did yesterday." And Viv said, "You didn't just call me a bitch, did you?"

elizabeth.jpg

I actually don't think she meant any harm by her tone. She said it as kind of a substitute for girl/girlfriend.  But this just shows her lack of common sense. She doesn't know Dr. Whoever well enough to affectionately call her bitch. That's reserved for friends who you know don't mind being addressed that way. 

Watch Elizabeth turn that moment around into Dr. Whoever attacking her.

• Love 13
(edited)

Chardonnay had 3 Anna Faris look alikes as her bridesmaids.

Her lost siblings were probably celebrating off camera at another bar at the wedding venue...Mom Drema sneaking off to do shots with them during the filming...

If the sibs weren’t there, Chardonnay would have thrown a hissy.

Advantageous was the Scrabble word worth 27 points....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, PityFree said:

Elizabeth is in love with how quirky Elizabeth thinks she is.

Yes. She was a bit much at the wedding. I know she was nervous, but heck, everyone was. Elizabeth's nervousness manifests as, "let me talk non-stop and be energetic and quirky." At the alter, Jamie looked ready to tell her to take it down a notch.  

14 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

Keith Manly!

Iris is obviously into it. 

I take back what I said before... the Love Boat might be making another run (on the honeymoon, but probably not the wedding night).

They were adorable at the wedding and right afterward. Iris does seem more extroverted and energetic than Keith. But I don't think it'll become a Jepthe-Shawniece situation. Keith seems open, and he's definitely all-in. Unlike Jepthe, who was always ambivalent about getting MAFS. 

Damn, Keith's mom is hot! Their children will be blessed with good-looking genes. 

12 hours ago, shouldbedancing said:

But from the season previews there seems to be a lot of upcoming drama. I'm excited about that. I feel like these super religious black couples they put together crash and burn so quickly

That happens at least in part because the experts decide that's all that matters when they match black couples. Are they religious? Do they love their families? Nothing about them as people. And I doubt that most people are as religious as they claim to be on camera. 

Didn't Keith say that he's NOT religious? I don't know if that means he's agnostic or an atheist. Or simply that he doesn't go around all day declaring how #blessed he is. 

5 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Iris/Keith--Her old man was, to me,  even creepier than Big Red's "First Love and Soul-mate Dad," what with his wailing and gnashing of teeth and leaving the room,  because,  you know,  he protected her for 27 years! 

Big Red!! LOL. I'm going to call her that for the rest of the season. 

And I like Iris' dad, but doesn't he live in another state? Iris and her mom had to FaceTime him to tell him she got matched. Not saying that's his fault. But it's not like he's been there with Iris every single day of her 27 years to protect her virtue. I understand being emotional about his daughter, but to break down crying at the reception and leaving the room? Who was this performance for???

Edited by topanga
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I really like Greg. Not entirely sure about Deonna but she seems okay now. At least her father didn’t almost hyperventilate during the couple’s first dance

Deonna and Greg’s first dance was awkward, but they laughed it off. And then when she danced with her dad, they weren’t on beat. Now I’m convinced Deonna just can’t dance. Which is okay. I still like them as a couple. LOL 

When I got married, I told my husband that if he smashed cake in my face, I’d leave the room—and maybe him. I was dead serious—I hate that prank. 

2 hours ago, OnTime said:

I think Iris the only person, out of all eight of them, who doesn't have tattoos.

I thought Shawniece and Jep had a lot of tattoos until I saw Matt.

Professional basketball players love their tattoos. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Lusterleaf said:

The only couple I am rooting for at this point is Iris and Keith. Don't see the other ones making it. Amber and Elizabeth are extremely obnoxious and annoying. Elizabeth is this season's AJ...

So far things have worked out for AJ and Stephanie though. So if Elizabeth is this season's AJ it might mean she has more awareness than the show wants us to think. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Lusterleaf said:

The only couple I am rooting for at this point is Iris and Keith. Don't see the other ones making it. Amber and Elizabeth are extremely obnoxious and annoying. Elizabeth is this season's AJ...

I like Iris/Keith but I would also like to see Deonna and Greg make it through.  I agree about Amber and Elizabeth though.  

I thought Iris was hyper but I'll give her a break because she is a virgin and I can understand the anticipation, fear, and who knows what else going through her head when she finally does the deed with Keith.  This should be interesting.  

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Iris reminds me of Whitney Houston crossed with Robin Givens.  I hope she calms down.  Keith seems so chill. 

14 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

This show is crazy, but I love it.  I think Iris is beautiful.  I love the way she wears her hair.  The groom is good looking too.  Hope they make it.  Elizabeth is a little loud, but he doesn’t seem to mind.  I think they go together.  He might calm her down.

Iris and her hair seemed to be channeling Whitney Houston's style in the late 80s (especially around the era of her second LP Whitney).

13 hours ago, shouldbedancing said:

All of the couples seem to have good chemistry at the start. No one is immediately turned off or running for the hills.

All couples seemed to play along with the glasses clinking thing (unlike last season). 😁

5 hours ago, STRIDER1 said:

And on a completely unrelated topic.... 

My super sexy TeeVee wifey, amanda the amazing caught the bouquet lol

😍❤️❤️❤️

Screenshot from 2019-06-20 02-46-01.png

This is the friend who kept interfacing with Matt. "Hey, come over here. I want to talk to you." I hope she means well, but man, is she forward.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

So far things have worked out for AJ and Stephanie though. So if Elizabeth is this season's AJ it might mean she has more awareness than the show wants us to think. 

Yeah I meant more along the lines of the extreme-over the top personality

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Amber is a little too giddy and juvenile for my taste. Not being able to keep your hands off your spouse is fine, but there’s a time and place, Amber. 

True. And I can't decide if being too thirsty for your husband is a thing. I mean, you're married--you're not on a first date. So is it still possible to act too eager? 

ETA: How was Keith supposed to know that a white-white wedding dress means the bride is a virgin? On second though, it can't, or bridal shops would only have a few white dresses in their catalogs. Heck, my wedding dress was white-white, and well...  *shrug*

Edited by topanga
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

Maybe after last season’s horrifying cringe-worthy episodes, they decided to go with a lighter, more easy-going cast. And I am thankful for it! I couldn’t take another season of people stating they are “repulsed and dead inside” and spouses who “never want to eat dinner alone again.” That was too much. The season preview’s shenanigans is so mild in comparison (except Amber and Matt. Oy. And I predicted from ep. 1 that was gonna go bad.) 

• Love 4

Where were Elizabeth's sisters?  Wouldn't they be bridesmaids instead of those three blondes?

Elizabeth's mother is strange!  I wonder if she's a drinker?  She smiles at all the weird stuff!

• Love 3
(edited)

Agreed, the cast seem more on the normal range.

However, it is this season's parents of the brides and grooms that we need a cuckoo clock sound effect for their over the top, over wrought emotional outbursts and Freudian jealousies...

Chardonnay's mother was sedated quite nicely at the ceremony and reception....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Elizabeth has a "me, me, me" type personality. Some guys don't mind that. I don't think Jamie is one of those guys. Whenever they put the camera on Elizabeth's dad during the wedding ceremony he had such a creepy expression on his face. Their relationship seems weird.

Keith and the virgin are a good looking couple. They both look like models.

Edited by Matty
  • Love 8
(edited)
55 minutes ago, topanga said:

True. And I can't decide if being too thirsty for your husband is a thing. I mean, you're married--you're not on a first date. So is it still possible to act too eager?

I don't know but it's juvenile for Amber, who met this guy 10 minutes ago, to continually ogle like an 11 year old and try to put her tongue down his throat in front of her extended family every other minute. It makes her look desperate. And stupid. I never wanted to take my hands off my husband either but didn't act like an ass putting on a show for people to let them know how in love we were.

My thought is that these two won't last. Matt said that his life was just one big traveling show of basketball and that's why it was difficult to find a relationship. But now that he's looking to settle down and not be on the run all the time, he could find someone quite easily. Just doing the daily living thing in one place will garner him a lot of attention. But he's tied down now. Not seeing that working out very well. It's just a hunch. We'll see.

Edited by configdotsys
fixed a weird sentence
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I thought Dance Moms didn't come on anymore.   Didn't what's her name, Abby Lee go to jail?

She served a few months in jail, was dx with cancer, had surgery and treatment, then went back to filming the show during her recovery.  

• Love 1

Not through watching all yet, but a few comments...

-Amber is annoying AF & probably gets along well with her 8th graders, since I agree with above poster who said she's about the same age, emotionally.

-I'm somewhat horrified every time I see Amber kiss Matt; she doesn't even seem to know what the hell she's doing.

-Elizabeth, also annoying AF, seemed to be trying to cause a wardrobe malfunction in her shouldn't have been strapless dress.

-I'm getting a creepy vibe from Jamie-so far I don't like him & don't care that he's saddled with 'miss helpless irritating daddy's girl' - I'm seeing another Dave situation where he'll enjoy her fake (I think) boobs for a few weeks until he's had enough of her.

-Agree Elizabeth's dad is creepy too - another problem I'm seeing here is if she's relying on daddy for big & small things in life (work, registration renewals etc.), she's never going to learn to fly; she'll just let the two of them share control of her. Liz needs intervention, & not just for her personality.

-All the dresses were a big nope - Deonna's dress was nice but her back fat was not a great look; Amber's dress was nice too but too big up top; Elizabeth's dress was borderline obscene; Iris, although she's definitely beautiful, had a dress that I felt did not flatter her at all. However, I do realize they have slim pickings & little time for anything better.

-Way too much production set ups & fakery which I found very annoying:  dad breaking down over his daughter's soon to be de-flowering; announcing a mother-son dance w/o checking first then having MIL come dance with him (nice touch show but so very fake); the "white-white" dress & virginity reveal - really? They did not have to do that; I found that the most disappointing.

-The overuse of slow mo must. stop.

• Love 14
16 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Whew, Amber, girl!  She talks like she’s about 14-years-old.  She is going to wear out that giant, stoic husband of hers!

Amber is an eighth grade teacher who talks and acts like her students. She strikes me as a bubbly "BFF" teacher who connects to her students by acting like a peer, but that "look and me I'm so quirky and cute yay!!" attitude is apparently her entire personality. Harassing him for kisses every two minutes and hanging all over him like a needy drunk girl at prom is certainly...something. She's awfully unbothered about acting so horny for someone who has to face down a class of teens, probably because she's still about 15 emotionally.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

Iris: "I don't drink. Pour me some champagne?"

Was that yet another first for her or did she mean, "I rarely drink." We'll see if she continues to "not drink" on the honeymoon.

Iris and Keith seem to share the same faith but their different levels of observance could be a sticking point for them. 

I'm going to need a facial expression from Greg at some point.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

There's a woman on YouTube who reviews this show; she's a therapist.  I liked what she said about Deonna, that not being in a relationship for 10 years might be an issue because she hasn't learned certain things.  I think she, or someone else, said it's like a baby crawling, who suddenly gets up and runs a marathon.  

A while back, someone on the House Hunters thread said something about how people want to buy houses where there will as little family interaction as possible.  All of the children have their own rooms, practically their own bathrooms.  I wonder if the issue with some of these people is they never learned, as children, how to share.  I mean if you grow up with your own room and even your own bathroom; would it be hard to suddenly have to share a room, a bed, a bathroom with someone else?  

Just wondering.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Where were Elizabeth's sisters?  Wouldn't they be bridesmaids instead of those three blondes?

Maybe the sisters don't want to be on camera. If one of my sisters went on this show, I would probably not want to be on camera either. I can see a lot of people being wary of appearing on one of these shows even as a friend or relative of the main cast. 

Edited by aphroditewitch
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Amber is an eighth grade teacher who talks and acts like her students. She strikes me as a bubbly "BFF" teacher who connects to her students by acting like a peer, but that "look and me I'm so quirky and cute yay!!" attitude is apparently her entire personality. Harassing him for kisses every two minutes and hanging all over him like a needy drunk girl at prom is certainly...something. She's awfully unbothered about acting so horny for someone who has to face down a class of teens, probably because she's still about 15 emotionally.

This is an interesting contrast from Jepthe, who objected to getting a lap dance from Shawniece at the wedding reception because he was a teacher.

• Love 6