Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: Something Borrowed, Something New

• Start Topic

The bottom of the lineup finally gets to bat...the last 2 couples tie the knot.

All 4 couples celebrate (or commiserate) their marriages with friends and family at their receptions.

Keith finds out why his bride is going on and on about wearing a "pure as the driven snow" white gown.

Keith's in virgin territory...literally and figuratively...

• LOL 4
(edited)

Raise your hand if you hope Iris just blurts out her virgin status when they toast each other immediately after the ceremony... and Keith does a spit take...

Or you want to see Keith bewildered why Iris' friends and family keep grinning wildly at him, bro hugging him and slapping him affectionately on the back at the reception.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Raise your hand if you hope Iris just blurts out her virgin status when they toast each other immediately after the ceremony... and Keith does a spit take...

Or you want to see Keith bewildered why Iris' friends and family keep grinning wildly at him, bro hugging him and slapping him affectionately on the back at the reception.....

Deonna dropped her 'hadn't been in a relationship in ten years' bomb on the boy two minutes after the I do's.  Hope Iris gives him a minute before ramming her status down his throat. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Programming note....check your local listings

8-830pm Unfiltered

830-1005pm E:02 Something Borrowed, Something New

For those who whined for years...you finally got your early time slot....

Tuesday was a better day than the current Wednesday but we can wait another day for our weekly snarkfest viewing.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

8-830pm Unfiltered

Tuesday was a better day than the current Wednesday but we can wait another day for our weekly snarkfest viewing.

Thanks. I wish PreviouslyTV was doing the podcast again. That broadcast gave me life a few seasons ago.  On some weeks the podcast ep. was more entertaining than the actual show. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Happyfatchick said:

@topanga, MEEEEEEEEEE TOOOOOOOO!  The one with Tara and a guy whose name I can’t recall - i loved those and looked forward to them every week!

His TWOP handle was Couch Baron—can’t recall his real name. 

• Love 1
On 6/17/2019 at 6:37 PM, humbleopinion said:

8-830pm Unfiltered

So this airs tomorrow? Wednesday, June 19th? 

1 hour ago, topanga said:

His TWOP handle was Couch Baron—can’t recall his real name. 

Ohh pick me I know it was Brian Rubenstein my toddler niece cracked up everytime he introduced himself so I put it on loop.

I loved Bride & Doom it was by far the best podcast with so much snark.

• Useful 1
(edited)
On 6/17/2019 at 10:44 AM, Kareem said:

Deonna dropped her 'hadn't been in a relationship in ten years' bomb on the boy two minutes after the I do's.  Hope Iris gives him a minute before ramming her status down his throat. 

Iris may give him a minute at first, but she is never going to let him forget that he married a VIRGIN!!! Good luck, Keith. Her identity is very wrapped up in her V-card. Will he be worthy? Or will she break down the instant her “identity” is gone? 

Now, Deonna? She has no relationship experience. I don’t remember her mentioning college or HS relationships. She seems nice, but should not have been picked for this show. 

ETA:  even though it seems to be the trend, I really can’t stand the blue tuxes some of the grooms chose. Yuck.  

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 6

I didn’t think choosing Iris and Deonna was very wise.  So far I like the men better than White White White, the hyper tomboy, the “feel the jugdement” chick and the strange redhead.  Should be interesting.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Elizabeth needs a much better bra in that dress. 

The dress should have had more support built in. But the dresses they get  are likely from the sale rack or a return from someone else and the fittings are rushed. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

I’m really shocked Iris isn’t wearing a veil—especially with a blusher over her face since that’s what virgins do.  After going on and on about having the whitest white dress not to wear a blusher seems odd.

Edited by PityFree
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

I’m going to make a guess that Marrying Millions is an updated twist on the old Joe Millionaire show.

ETA: OK after that last commercial for the show I think I’m wrong. never mind.

Edited by PityFree

This show is crazy, but I love it.  I think Iris is beautiful.  I love the way she wears her hair.  The groom is good looking too.  Hope they make it.  Elizabeth is a little loud, but he doesn’t seem to mind.  I think they go together.  He might calm her down.

• Love 3

Interestingly enough, all the men seem calm and it's the women who are kind of hyper.  I'm sure they'll calm down though.

6 minutes ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Whew, Amber, girl!  She talks like she’s about 14-years-old.  She is going to wear out that giant, stoic husband of hers!

Yeah, Amber is cute and she seems nice but she comes off as too tomboyish.

• Love 2
(edited)

It looks like all the receptions are in the same place, I guess not at the same time though.

And YIKES, Iris is talking about the 80's like it's the ancient times.

Edited by Neurochick
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

The dress should have had more support built in. But the dresses they get  are likely from the sale rack or a return from someone else and the fittings are rushed. 

She’s practically falling out, but he doesn’t seem to mind, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I cannot look at Elizabeth’s father, Ronnie, without remembering his line from last week about her new husband’s genitals.  She’s really making a big deal of the whole “My daddy will kill you for touching me!” stereotype.  Number one, you’re over a decade too old for that crap, honey!  Time to embrace your 30s.

• LOL 2
  • Love 19
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Oh come on.  What is up with these fathers?  Do they not want their daughters to be happy?  

I think it's sweet.  There is such a negative stereotype of black fathers not being there for their children.  It was nice to see two black fathers there for their daughters.

Why did they call Matt's mother to the dance floor?  Didn't they know she wasn't going to be there?  That was done for drama 100%.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 21
Just now, Neurochick said:

I think it's sweet.  There is such a negative stereotype of black fathers not being there for their children.  It was nice to see two black fathers there for their children.

Why did they call Matt's mother to the dance floor?  Didn't they know she wasn't going to be there?  That was done for drama 100%.

That was Amber’s mom.  She was trying to make him feel comfortable because he didn’t have his own mom there to dance with.  

• Love 1