Type keyword(s) to search

Playing House in the Media

I am buying the DVDs of both seasons. I hope that counts for something.

If USA doesn't renew them, I hope they can get picked up by Hulu or Netflix. This show is too good to end. Maybe Shonda can give them some help, somehow, since apparently she loves the show.

• Love 4

Finally renewed again!

Playing House has been renewed for a third season, USA Network announced at the Television Critics Association's press tour on Thursday.

The comedy, which follows childhood best friends who move in together to help raise a newborn, stars Jessica St. Clair and Lennon Parham, who were on hand at the TCAs to pressure USA chief Chris McCumber to renew the show. "I will tell you something Mr. McCumber, America needs to see Keegan-Michael Key with all his clothes off," St. Clair yelled.

• Love 2

That's fantastic news, Arc! Thank you for posting it. I only found this show a few months ago, and it is one of my favorites. I love the characters, and I'm so happy we will be getting another season.

On 4/13/2017 at 11:40 AM, kassygreene said:

futoncritic.com says eight episodes over four weeks, two per night, at 11:00 pm and 11:30 pm Eastern.  Friday nights.  USA don't seem to want a fourth season.

They never wanted a 2nd or 3rd season to be honest. They've just been able to convince the showrunners to let the show be used for scheduling agreements.

Well, that was a given after the ridiculous time slot they stuck season three in, but it's still disappointing to have it confirmed.  At least season three ended in a way that serves as a good series finale.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 4

Aw, man... I loved this show and SO wish it had found a bigger audience. And such a good cast! Le sigh... Still, good to know they're working on future projects. Celebrate me scone! (Argh, now I'm going to have THAT stuck in my head for the rest of the day...)

• Love 2

Lennon Parham just "liked" a Twitter post of mine about Lady Dynamite, in which she has a supporting role. I can float off into the sea in my flaming Viking burial ship now.

Go watch Lady Dynamite on Netflix. It is bonkers and wonderful. Maria Bamford is the star.

• Love 2