Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Shangrilala said:

I think see a photoshop fail here.

Whose arm is it that is on Ashley Graham's waist?  It is mighty long..., as is the size of her hand.

That's a major photoshop fail, if you blow it up, you can see how they stretched her arm into freak proportions. 

1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

And Ashley's boobs are hidden behind Kendall's back, her hand is strategically placed on her thigh so that it looks smaller, and Gigi's arm is around her waist to make that look smaller too. Diversity, my foot.

They've obviously done everything possible to make Ashley's leg look the same size as all the other models, when the reality is that Ashley's leg is probably 3 times the size of the other models. What bullshit, but then Anna Wintour doesn't have any problem pretending that Kanye is a real designer, so why should lying about the cover bother her.

• Love 8
On February 8, 2017 at 1:52 PM, Shangrilala said:

I think see a photoshop fail here.

Whose arm is it that is on Ashley Graham's waist?  It is mighty long..., as is the size of her hand.

Better yet, whose hand is on Kendall's arm? The skin tone of the arm in no way matches the skin tone of the logical faces. 

The view from the rear is all ass cheeks.

I don't know what it is , but lately I've developed a strong dislike of her. She's always got a complaint about something, the paparazzi, the fans, her mother not paying enough attention to her, her sisters going out on the town without her. If she doesn't like living a fishbowl existence, get the hell out of the business, or stop hanging out in all the "right" spots. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, iwasish said:

The view from the rear is all ass cheeks.

I don't know what it is , but lately I've developed a strong dislike of her. She's always got a complaint about something, the paparazzi, the fans, her mother not paying enough attention to her, her sisters going out on the town without her. If she doesn't like living a fishbowl existence, get the hell out of the business, or stop hanging out in all the "right" spots. 

She's annoying you because for all her pleas to the contrary, she's just as much a famewhore stunt queen as Kim and Kylie. She tries to sell herself as the grounded family member, but then she'll spend three days walking around NYC with her boobs out. She wants the attention but acts like she doesn't.

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

She's annoying you because for all her pleas to the contrary, she's just as much a famewhore stunt queen as Kim and Kylie. She tries to sell herself as the grounded family member, but then she'll spend three days walking around NYC with her boobs out. She wants the attention but acts like she doesn't.

You nailed it. Now it's not just the boobs but the ass too!!

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Coffeecup said:

She looks like some pissed-off woman marching over to the next door neighbor's house to complain about the dog poop left in her yard.

Which is apparently the look that models are supposed to have walking down the runway, so we can't really pick on her for that. She's just doing her job.  And at least it's a real job - modelling is hard work.  She's the only one in that family who works outside of the family business of being famous.  Just for that I respect her more than the others. 

• Love 6

And at least it's a real job - modelling is hard work.  She's the only one in that family who works outside of the family business of being famous.  Just for that I respect her more than the others. 

I don't know if I can give her too much credit there. Modelling at her level, the instant star level, isn't that hard. The hard part is the running between auditions, the jetting back and forth not miss out on work, the being looked at like a piece of meat only to be rejected. Kendall is invited to shows, she never does too many in a row, she can comfortably choose to fly first class to all her shoots etc. It's not a coincidence that all the LA nepotism kids (Gigi & Bella, Hailey, etc) want to model, rather than act/write/produce/whatever. Modelling these days, if you're rich and have connections, only requires an active instagram feed which they'd have anyways.

The only reason she's doing what her sisters can't do is that she has the required measurements for it, she has the height. That said for me the instagram models are all in the same group and it's unfair that Kendall is always criticised for her Kardashian connection while the others are treated much better there. I read the Vogue with the model cover and they actually tried to paint Gigi Hadid as the success story as the child of poor immigrants, instead of pointing out that her dad is a real estate millionaire (before Kim's fame the Hadids were much richer than the Kardashians) and her mother worked as a supermodel and reality TV star.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, KatWay said:

I don't know if I can give her too much credit there. Modelling at her level, the instant star level, isn't that hard. The hard part is the running between auditions, the jetting back and forth not miss out on work, the being looked at like a piece of meat only to be rejected. Kendall is invited to shows, she never does too many in a row, she can comfortably choose to fly first class to all her shoots etc. It's not a coincidence that all the LA nepotism kids (Gigi & Bella, Hailey, etc) want to model, rather than act/write/produce/whatever. Modelling these days, if you're rich and have connections, only requires an active instagram feed which they'd have anyways.

The only reason she's doing what her sisters can't do is that she has the required measurements for it, she has the height. That said for me the instagram models are all in the same group and it's unfair that Kendall is always criticised for her Kardashian connection while the others are treated much better there. I read the Vogue with the model cover and they actually tried to paint Gigi Hadid as the success story as the child of poor immigrants, instead of pointing out that her dad is a real estate millionaire (before Kim's fame the Hadids were much richer than the Kardashians) and her mother worked as a supermodel and reality TV star.

I think there is less criticism of Gigi because she hasn't been on our TV screens for the last 9 years or so. I doubt most non reality show people know who her father/mother/ex stepfather are. Nor is she seen endlessly bemoaning the horror of being followed by the paparazzi, but failing to mention how she manages to get a seat in the top restaurants, take several luxury vacations a year and own a garage full of expensive vehicles and a closet full of designer duds and accessories. She maybe as insufferable as Kendall, but hasn't had the forum to put it out there.

• Love 5

Gigi's photoshoots suck infinitely less than Kendall's. Gigi was also signed to IMG Models before her mother became a RHOBH. Yolanda was a legit model who could model and pose, and taught her daughter well. 

giphy.gif

Mohamed wasn't born a rich real estate developer. His family were Palestinian refugees,

3495_600.png

His father was an English professor at the university of Jerusalem, but the creation of a certain state left him jobless, homeless and stateless. Mohamed's father managed to get a job with Voice of America broadcasting (due to the English professor skills), and the family eventually moved to the D.C. area when Mohamed was 14. 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1

Mohamed wasn't born a rich real estate developer. His family were Palestinian refugees,

True, but he was rich long before he had Gigi and Bella, they clearly were brought up in the LA millionaire circle. And Gigi has sounded pretty out of touch in some interviews about it, saying that Pakistan was a Middle-Eastern country and how she succeeded in doing all the things on her bucket list at only 21 (gee it's almost as if having unlimited funds and supermodel looks will help with that). She's definitely a better editorial model than Kendall and she seems to have a strong work ethic but overall she's still not nearly as good as some of the non-instagram models out there but they didn't get four Vogue covers by the end of the third month this year. She's more overrated than Kendall at this point. And her connections and money helped her a lot, remember the story about Tommy Hilfiger and the poncho they gave her years ago because she had the wrong measurements for the normal collection? Now that story became about "fat"shaming and yes, the fashion industry remains ridiculous with their standards for the super thin but the point remains that Gigi was given a poncho so she could walk anyways, when every other girl would have not been cast at all. You know they send girls home just for not fitting something the right way, but the rules are different for the rich/connected girls. And that was before she became super famous. Same rules are for Kendall, because she's pretty much terrible in at least 50% of her photoshoots and still gets work.

I guess it's true about the KUWTK forum, although Kendall and Kylie didn't really choose to be on the show since they were so young when it started. I wonder how much that has affected their view of the world. I wonder how they'll cope when it ends (launch an instagram channel or something, probably).

• Love 7
On 2/14/2017 at 11:22 AM, KatWay said:

I read the Vogue with the model cover and they actually tried to paint Gigi Hadid as the success story as the child of poor immigrants, instead of pointing out that her dad is a real estate millionaire (before Kim's fame the Hadids were much richer than the Kardashians) and her mother worked as a supermodel and reality TV star.

It reminds me of the Miss Universe pageant where literally every contestant claimed to be from a dirt poor background. I guess they figure a rags-to-riches backstory is more sympathetic and compelling than someone who had a middle class run of the mill childhood.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Shangrilala said:

I absolutely love the Anna Sui look.  I don't know why, the puffy sleeve lace look is normally not my thing, but she looks striking.

She looked good there.  What was with the greasy hair at Michael Kors?  Who thought that was a good look? 

I think she looks unhappy in this Ralph Lauren shot.  Not the blank, I'm just a clothes hanger look.  Actually sad.  Maybe it's just that one photo.

35 minutes ago, Frost said:

She looked good there.  What was with the greasy hair at Michael Kors?  Who thought that was a good look? 

I think she looks unhappy in this Ralph Lauren shot.  Not the blank, I'm just a clothes hanger look.  Actually sad.  Maybe it's just that one photo.

Maybe she's sad because that jacket is so unflattering. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Artsda said:

Michael Kors:

3D407BE800000578-4227942-Stars_on_the_ru

Anna Sui:

3D4399FC00000578-4229050-image-a-230_148

And random, wearing a WWE wrestling New World Order shirt. lol

3D44956C00000578-4229414-Model_moment_Ke

In that top photo it looks lIke she is wearing some of Kim's hair extensions. 

13 hours ago, Artsda said:

She had a busy day.

Ralph Lauren:

3D450E1E00000578-4229692-image-a-102_148

Give me some Ralph Lauren over that other crap  any day.

A closer look at the jacket and the knee pads on the pants... not so great. But still better than most of the stuff out there.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 1

Ugh, the marc jacobs look is atrocious.  Ode to red Russia or something?  Either way.  And Kendall's expression is comic gold.

Regarding the RL kneepads...the moto look has been in for a while, but looks weird with the RL classic look.  Stick with what you know ralph Lauren.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Shangrilala said:

Ugh, the marc jacobs look is atrocious.  Ode to red Russia or something?  Either way.  And Kendall's expression is comic gold.

Regarding the RL kneepads...the moto look has been in for a while, but looks weird with the RL classic look.  Stick with what you know ralph Lauren.

The handbag is nice.

On 2/14/2017 at 1:11 AM, Coffeecup said:

She looks like some pissed-off woman marching over to the next door neighbor's house to complain about the dog poop left in her yard.

to me, Kendall doesn't seem to be a runway model.. she appears to be very bored and always pissed off about something... 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, RoxieBear73 said:

to me, Kendall doesn't seem to be a runway model.. she appears to be very bored and always pissed off about something... 

Seen many runways?  The models all look like that. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, iwasish said:

She looks like Jack Wilde, playing "The Artful Dodger" from Oliver!

You're right!  I hadn't noticed but she looks a lot like Jack Wild.  Now I can't unsee HR Pufnstuf!

Edited by Frost
1 hour ago, Fostersmom said:

Holy shit, it's even worse in the second picture. Her face says it all, kill me now. I'm dying to know what that monstrosity costs. 

I wonder if she'll follow in  Kim's footsteps and archive it for her future daughter? 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, iwasish said:

I wonder if she'll follow in  Kim's footsteps and archive it for her future daughter? 

It's not likely that she actually owns it.  She models other people's clothes for money.

• Love 1

Kendall like GIGI and Cara are only there because they're families have money. What hard work did Kendall have to do? Nothing. Being a model is hard. Most don't have shows booked up like Kendall does. It takes rejection and even sleeping with people to get a few jobs

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Darknight said:

Kendall like GIGI and Cara are only there because they're families have money. What hard work did Kendall have to do? Nothing. Being a model is hard. Most don't have shows booked up like Kendall does. It takes rejection and even sleeping with people to get a few jobs

So Kendall is somehow bad because she apparently didn't sleep with people to get modeling jobs?  Seriously? 

Edited by toolazy
Insert missing words.
  • Love 2

I get that Kendall annoyed people by denying that her family connections for her into modeling (when we all saw on the show that they did), but that was just stupidity on her part, I don't think it is necessarily a reflection on her modeling abilities, her look, etc.  Its not like Kendall books a couple of jobs here and there. It seems like she is booked solid and I'm not convinced that the entire fashion world would be hiring her just because her mama is Kris Kardashian.  Balmain?  Sure, the kardashian are all over that.  Oscar de la Renta, on the other hand, does not need Kendall Jenner.

And lets face it, who doesn't use family connections if they are available and touch an industry you aspire to, if it can get you in the door?  Honestly, if this is Kendall's greatest crime, it's peanuts compared to her family.  She's not just less offensive than her family, she's less offensive than half of Hollywood, and certainly less so than the majority of reality tv stars.  Give me her over abby lee miller, Teresa Giudice, the duggars, or any mtv challenge competitor any day of the week.  

P.S. here's some food for thought.  If she wasnt a kardashian would people dislike her and scorn her career so much?  If she had hit the casting couch to get her jobs, does that somehow make her more legitimate?  

• Love 9
21 hours ago, Shangrilala said:

P.S. here's some food for thought.  If she wasnt a kardashian would people dislike her and scorn her career so much?  If she had hit the casting couch to get her jobs, does that somehow make her more legitimate?  

Not more legitimate, the point is that she didn't have to "suffer" (can't think of a better word) for her craft.  She was never in a position where she had to "do whatever it takes" to get to where she is.  For what it's worth, compared to other models I think she looks out of place, but that's just my opinion which obviously doesn't matter to any fashion houses.

• Love 2

Love her look in the black Moschino pantsuit & the red Fendi coat, hate the Moschino outfit with the box on her head & what she wore to the La Perla event.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 3