Type keyword(s) to search

Bob's Burgers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

And Planet of the Apes.

Man, every time the turkeys attacked, I was cracking up. What a hilarious ep.

I love that after the kids talking about all the scary and dangerous sounding rides, the one that actually killed someone was the Tickle Boat. I'm trying to imagine...

I was concerned that leaving Bob out of the main action would hurt the story, but I think it worked because Linda and Teddy together are ridiculously crazy. In the scope of the show, Bob really needed a break from everyone anyway. 

So, you can't show kids flipping the bird on tv? Because it was all covered up. 

The Tickle Boat was *terrifying*, but good for Teddy for being resourceful. 

I like on the show how the kids just hang out. No one is really best friends, but they're in the same class and neighbors so they're going to go on the rides together.

AWESOME.  I adored that Teddy was the voice of reason -- it's about pecking order, not Thanksgiving taking its revenge or turkeys rising up to rule the world!  And Regular-sized Rudy continues to delight, with his interference to make sure the bottle hit the button, and his inhaler.  I'm now kinda hoping that 20 years from now he and Louise get together.

I just about died with Bob's "That's a perfectly good note.  That doesn't sound drunk at all."

I need to show this episode to a friend where she had to deal with a turkey mafia living in western Mass (there was a group of wild turkeys roaming the streets and damaging cars.)

The Turkey Mafia hit my mom's town in W. Pennsylvania, too.  Too bad my father died years ago; his turkey impressions were dead-on, accurate enough to scare and fluster a whole farm's worth of turkeys.

• Love 2

I felt like Bob's drunk talking to objects was going on a little long, but then for some reason I loved

That's classic turkey baster. Not fitting in the drawer--deliberately not!

Linda looked good in her trotting clothes, I thought. All right!

Edited by dcalley
  • Love 1
I just about died with Bob's "That's a perfectly good note.  That doesn't sound drunk at all."

"Love forever, Bob." 

They strike me as a family that has a designated spot for notes. Ours was on the kitchen counter in front of the cookie jar. 

I felt like Bob's drunk talking to objects was going on a little long, but then for some reason I loved

"That's classic turkey baster. Not fitting in the drawer--deliberately not!"

What I loved about that line was that no matter how many times I listened to it, I didn't hear Archer, H. John Benjamin's other animated character, who often says "that's classic ____" a lot. And both characters are variations on his own voice! That man has so much talent, holy crap.

• Love 1

I'm allergic to geese and ducks

I will not invite you to my duck-duck-goose party, then.

Understood.

I loved that Linda decided she wanted and had time for nachos before the turkey trot. And I also loved that Louise asked permission to flip the birds the bird.

That was delightfully twisted.

I love that after the kids talking about all the scary and dangerous sounding rides, the one that actually killed someone was the Tickle Boat.

When Gene said the man who ran the Tickle Boat died, I thought for sure that was a euphemism for a weird man who tickled children on a boat. I loved the children saying they'd been on the Scrambled Egg ride for an hour and weren't sick, but the three adults couldn't make it three seconds. 

And Regular-sized Rudy continues to delight, with his interference to make sure the bottle hit the button, and his inhaler.  I'm now kinda hoping that 20 years from now he and Louise get together.

I love Regular-Sized Rudy too, and Louise seems genuinely fond of him, ever since the trip to the museum.

Ah, I saw a clip of this episode at New York Comic-Con. It was where the kids go get the secret ingredient

(Black Garlic)

and it was absolutely hilarious.

EDIT: The secret ingredient got spoiler tagged (although from the context of what I saw, it seemed more like a macguffin than anything else)

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

Neighbor: Flip Your Wig Reversible Hairpieces

Burger of The Day: Run Gorgonzola Run Burger (served with Gorgonzola cheese)

"Rocky lost in the first movie, Lin."

"Oh, but he walked up all those stairs."

Like I said above, I saw the scene with the kids getting banned at Fig Jam at NYCC. Yes, it was hilarious. And of course Tina's "uhhhhh" got the biggest reaction.

I have a feeling that Tina is used to saying "a no is just an upside-down yes" to herself.

I like that Ron is a nice guy when Hugo's not around (well, he was never a dick like Hugo). This is the first time we've seen Ron by himself, isn't it?

So yeah, LOVED Gene's reaction to the Hot Fudge Car Wash. And the song at the end. And it was so like Linda to want a "to-go bucket."

EDIT: "Exceptional MOUTH feel!" I loved that creepy judge.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

When Jimmy Pesto and Chuck both showed up I got unpleasant flashbacks to "Family Fracas", but while the family lost the formal contest this time, the ending struck the balance between achievement and failure much better (it helps a lot, of course, that the guy they lost to this time is actually a pleasant and competent fellow).

• Love 2

When Jimmy Pesto and Chuck both showed up I got unpleasant flashbacks to "Family Fracas", but while the family lost the formal contest this time, the ending struck the balance between achievement and failure much better (it helps a lot, of course, that the guy they lost to this time is actually a pleasant and competent fellow).

ITA. Much better ending than Family Fracas.  Plus, the Black Garlic burger was a hit, which means more business for the restaurant, which is awesome.

• Love 1

I really liked that even though Bob didn't win, he was shown to be a really good cook. So I was pleased that people wanted to go to the restaurant. He's always been shown to be good, but he's never really validated. I thought that having Pesto in the contest was a little silly and too sitcom, but it was good to point out that he can't actually make burgers. (I bet he doesn't even make the pesto.)

I thought Gene was also a little too sitcom wacky. He just doesn't lack focus that much. I think giving away the money was too much.

Much MUCH MUCH more of Bob and Linda getting drunk please.  

• Love 2

I really liked that even though Bob didn't win, he was shown to be a really good cook. So I was pleased that people wanted to go to the restaurant. He's always been shown to be good, but he's never really validated. I thought that having Pesto in the contest was a little silly and too sitcom, but it was good to point out that he can't actually make burgers. (I bet he doesn't even make the pesto.)

I liked when he said his restaurant had Italian-flavored food.

I was worried that the emcee (Chuck?) would have to be the tie-breaker. I'm glad that didn't happen. It was nice that while Bob lost, he also won.

I was getting sick and tired of Gene constantly f'ing up, but it was nice to see him come thru at the end.

• Love 1

"Italian flavored food" was an awesome line. Pesto's restaurant is kind of crappy. I noticed how he was talking about all the other things: karaoke, etc., than the food. 

I really hope this is a continuation; like we'll see the restaurant with a few more people now and then.

I'm sure some of the Italian-flavored food sits under heat lamps for 10 minutes just like those burgers. Ick.

Wharf It Down Food Festival!

"We don't throw things!" "We don't catch them, either."

Kumail Nanjiani voiced Skip. I know him from HBO's Silicon Valley.

I hated this episode. While I did like that Bob is, again, acknowledged as a good cook/chef, the kids -- especially Gene -- were just too annoying. Usually they're supportive of Bob even with the ribbing, but they just seemed to go out of their way to be dicks to him at the contest. He asked him to do a simple thing, and they couldn't do it without screwing up.

I didn't understand why the black garlic was so special. Obviously he cooked his burgers without it -- was the garlic some kind of garnish that he added at the end, instead of cooking with it?

I did like Jimmy Pesto's plug of his "Italian-flavored" food. I wonder if he's still into the diaper scene as "Baby Num Num."

I liked the episode, especially seeing where Bob gets some of his special ingredients. I really enjoy how they're showing us more of the town while keeping the regular feel of it.

Oh and I loved Gene being strong as he ran past all the great food.

• Love 1

It looked like the black garlic enhanced the other ingredients Bob was using to make a special overall flavor to the burger. He added it right at the end, but if it was a soft texture, the heat from the burger probably resulted in the garlic sort of infusing the whole thing. 

• Love 1

30 minutes seemed like a long time to cook a burger, even from scratch since the ingredients were all lined up and ready to go (except for the garlic). 

I like that Jimmy Pesto's burger was no competition. Am tired of Bob always losing to him. 

Bob losing wasn't so bad since the winning burger sounded delicious too. No shame in losing to the big name, visiting chef.  It is more important in the long run that Bob pick up more business so that part was good. His regular's cholesterol, as we've learned, can't pick up the business slack forever. 

• Love 1

I hated this episode. While I did like that Bob is, again, acknowledged as a good cook/chef, the kids -- especially Gene -- were just too annoying. Usually they're supportive of Bob even with the ribbing, but they just seemed to go out of their way to be dicks to him at the contest. He asked him to do a simple thing, and they couldn't do it without screwing up.

The kids didn't screw up.  Gene screwed up.  Tina and Louise were competent.

• Love 2

Neighbor: Miracle on 34th Sheets: Sheets and Bedding in 34 Colors

Burger(s) of The Day: Cheeses is Born Burger (comes with Baby Swiss)

Loved Linda and Teddy's impromptu song. And all the other times Linda sang.

So Nick Offerman is awesome in anything, like being a Santa Bear. I, too wanted to see if he had Russian nesting beards.

So we know why Bob isn't fond of his dad: He had burger angst. I actually like that Bob had his "burger of the day" ideas at a young age. Big Bob's Diner is totally the kind of lame place where someone just orders a grilled cheese, I'm not shocked that something like the "Baby You Can Chive My Car Burger" would be too much for it. Speaking of which, If the 30 year flashback was correct, the "Greed is Gouda" burger was three years too early.

• Love 2

Did anyone catch the names of Big Bob 's neighbors?

One of them was On the Case: Pillow Case Outlet.

I was rooting for Tina in the contest since Louise was being so bossy.  Although Gene's bean bath looked seriously comfortable.

I'm gonna need Linda and Teddy to come out with a Christmas CD.  They had such nice harmonies!

LOL @ Big Bob loving Scandal.

• Love 3
Big Bob's Diner is totally the kind of lame place where someone just orders a grilled cheese, I'm not shocked that something like the "Baby You Can Chive My Car Burger" would be too much for it.

Yeah. Tuna melts and grilled cheeses, and club sandwiches. That's good once and a while, but I can't see being a regular there. At least Bob has soup. I'm surprised he had so many customers. I guess having the bar nearby helps. 

It looks like Bob always had a knack for burgers. 

I liked the "your kids are weird but happy."

I didn't get that was NO until he said "Take the hat."

• Love 1

So Nick Offerman is awesome in anything, like being a Santa Bear. I, too wanted to see if he had Russian nesting beards.

Ah, so THAT'S what Gene said. I had so much trouble understanding him this ep.

I like that the show does the unexpected. In this case, when the kids wrapped up the snow globe, I thought it would prompt some memory for Bob, but it turned out to be the newspaper that made he realize his dad loved him.

I liked the chair Tina duck-taped together. Very creative. "I can use this dish towel to wipe the floor with you because I just won the Mistle-tony."

Gene: I remember. I was still breast feeding.

Linda: No you weren't.

Gene: Not with YOU!

Gene in the beans was pretty gross. How does he even think of this stuff? "You can't hurt me, Tina. At this point I'm more bean than Gene."

Edited by peeayebee
  • Love 2

Gene: I remember. I was still breast feeding.

Linda: No you weren't.

Gene: Not with YOU!

For some reason, I gasped at that even though we're talking about someone who enjoys bean baths.

But if Bob's Burgers was a thing in real life, I would be there every. single. WEEK.

• Love 2

Bob Sr summed up the kids perfectly, weird and happy. 

Bob Jr needed to "express" himself through burgers? I knew it. Bob has more of an unconventional, artistic side than he lets on. It completely explains his attraction to Linda and why he's so tolerant of his weird and happy kids. 

• Love 1