Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Orgy Pants to Work

Nice ass, Mr, Morningstar! (I know we've seen it before, but I wasn't sure it was actually his butt).

I like the irony of Eve tempting Lucifer into going back to his "more evil" side.

Another celestial being! One of the things I'm enjoying a lot about this new season is all the supernatural stuff. Because of course Linda's baby would attract some attention. Anyway, I'm sure auntie Maze won't like Remy at all.

I wonder if Lilith will be our supernatural guest for next season. I'd love to know more about her.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm glad we are dealing with Maze's mommy issues. I still hope we meet Lilith. It is too bad that Sabrina got Michelle Gomez, she's a perfect Lilith. Remy should be an interesting Angel for Amen to have to deal with. 

I do like Eve being the one tempting Luci to the dark side now. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Helena Dax said:

I wonder if Lilith will be our supernatural guest for next season. I'd love to know more about her.

Has a next season been confirmed? If so, I am very happy!

52 minutes ago, vavera4ka said:

I thoroughly enjoyed strategically placed items at the nude camp LOL

Talk about hanging a lampshade! 😂

This episode also marked the second time a character said "shit". I know with Netflix a show has license to go much more mature than network TV will allow but I think they've found a good balance here. Characters are only cursing in highly escalated situations. It would be weird if all of a sudden this season featured everyone swearing like sailors.

It would have been fun to be the costume designer for this episode. How often does one get to walk into Frederick's of Hollywood and say "One of everything, please"?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

One thing bothered me. Remy saying that there hasn't been a celestial and human intermixing and having a baby.

Ummmmm what about Jesus? 

What about the Nephilim mentioned in the Bible?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, greekmom said:

One thing bothered me. Remy saying that there hasn't been a celestial and human intermixing and having a baby.

Ummmmm what about Jesus? 

Jesus isn't supposed to be the son of God and Mary, it's like God's human avatar. 

• Love 3

I'm glad we were only subjected to Remy for a little while. That actress did nothing for me. such a flat line delivery... I guess they were going for detached narrow minded character, but even when she argued with Amenadiel about something she believed in I was like, gurl, wanna use more than 2 facial expressions and fluctuate your voice a bit?

• Love 5

Here's what I don't like about the "angel baby" thing they've apparently plunged forward with. If Luci/Amy's theory from a few episodes back were correct: he lost his wings and became human enough to get Linda pregnant, then he should've been human enough to result in a human baby. Him getting his wings back/being re-angelic-ed shouldn't retroactively apply to a different being.

And if that scene were not meant to be taken as "they're right" then why present it? It's clunky as fuck if it's not intentional exposition for the benefit of the audience. Until Remy confirmed it, I'd been hoping all Linda's "angel baby" anxiety were for nothing because it was going to turn out to just be a human baby because of the "human at the time" blahblahblahs they already established.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, theatremouse said:

Here's what I don't like about the "angel baby" thing they've apparently plunged forward with. If Luci/Amy's theory from a few episodes back were correct: he lost his wings and became human enough to get Linda pregnant, then he should've been human enough to result in a human baby. Him getting his wings back/being re-angelic-ed shouldn't retroactively apply to a different being.

And if that scene were not meant to be taken as "they're right" then why present it? It's clunky as fuck if it's not intentional exposition for the benefit of the audience. Until Remy confirmed it, I'd been hoping all Linda's "angel baby" anxiety were for nothing because it was going to turn out to just be a human baby because of the "human at the time" blahblahblahs they already established.

Yeah, but Amenadiel still had angelic DNA. (Remember he was once concerned that if Chloe had Lucifer's blood tested, divine elements of his nature would show up in the test.)

So Charlie is half-angel -- or, in some religious traditions, one of the nephilim. Some of those sources assert that the children of angels and humans were giants, others that they're just superhuman, but either way it doesn't seem necessary that they have wings.

Richard Kadrey's series of "Sandman Slim" novels includes a character who's one of the nephilim and doesn't even know it until well into adulthood. (Note: the "Sandman" part of that series' name has nothing to do with Neil Gaiman's own "Sandman," although Kadrey's Lucifer character does have a few similarities to the one we've been watching here.)

• Love 5

Should have known that the reason they showed that random uniform officer for the past two episodes was so that it would mean more to Lucifer when she is killed off.

They definitely went full Austin Powers with the whole nudist colony bit!  Being on Netflix allowed to let loose a little bit, but it is still TV-14, dammit!

I do hope Amenadiel will have time to explain to Linda that the reason he couldn't be there for her was because he was dealing with his sister who wants to take their baby.  Remy is so bad news!

It certainly looks like Eve is going to unleash Lucifer's hell, fire, and brimstone side again.  To be fair, the creep totally deserved it, but since they mention that he's apparently the son of some bigwig, I'm going to guess this will has long-lasting consequences. 

• Love 1

I feel like they're really overdoing it with the face. It's better than the Fox devil face, but not by much. He's much more menacing when it's just the flamey eyes. And they always seem to pause for a split second when his face turns...it reminds me of soap operas. I get it. He has a devil face.  He shows it to all sorts of people now. 

I am very sick of Dan. They want us to think he's just grieving and lashing out but it's landing to me just that he's a corrupt cop, who is corrupt when it suits him and by the books when it suits him to be holier than thou, and pretty much just an asshole. (I always thought he was an asshole, but he's worse now)

• Love 10
On 5/11/2019 at 8:37 PM, theatremouse said:

I am very sick of Dan. They want us to think he's just grieving and lashing out but it's landing to me just that he's a corrupt cop, who is corrupt when it suits him and by the books when it suits him to be holier than thou, and pretty much just an asshole. (I always thought he was an asshole, but he's worse now)

Agreed,  and it makes me sad because I actually used to like Dan. 

• Love 13

Wasn't expecting so much of a time-jump.

Remy as a character notwithstanding, her wings were gorgeous. Best design for any of the angel wings in this series.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Emma9 said:

Wasn't expecting so much of a time-jump.

Remy as a character notwithstanding, her wings were gorgeous. Best design for any of the angel wings in this series.

I agree. I didn't like character that much but her wings were beautiful and matched her outfit. 

They are really going full tilt with being on Netflix now! A couple of cuss words AND some minor nudity! Plus some very strategically placed fruit! They are showing a lot of constraint so as not to be jarring, but its still there.

I like that Eve is the one temping Lucifer to give in to his dark side now, and yeah that guy was a total scumbag, but this will certainly have some negative consequences. Eve does not really know Lucifer very well anymore, its been a long time and he has changed a grown a lot, so I dont know if even he will stay on this path. 

Awww Aunt Maze! She is not going to like Remy at all if she comes after Linda and the baby, shit is about to go down with Linda and baby Nephilim!

• Love 2

Hah, Chloe was on the right track last episode - Eve DOES have super-powers but they're subtle -- she makes everyone she meets feel good about themselves and everyone who meets her likes her. Unlike with the Celestials, it's not clear if she realizes her power or it's just part & parcel of her creation as Adam's helpmate.

Anyway, we are parceling these out an episode every few days or so (life keeps intervening!) and I have not enjoyed this show so much since season 1. Everything just feels right, personalities are consistent and correct (no more Ella acting like a 12-year-old or giggly schoolgirl Chloe). It's also so refreshing to see Chloe back to being a good, tough cop and not a blithering idiot.

So Amenadiel got all his power restored and flew Charlotte off the to the Silver City but when he came back down to earth, he lost all that? I'm confused. He lied to Remy about being able to slow time -- so he's still a 'crippled' celestial while here on earth? Hoping this is made clearer in the next episodes.

And yes, Luci's melted-crayon face isn't nearly as scary as his original devil face, but I'm betting it's a lot cheaper and easier to apply (and remove). 

• Love 1

It looked like everyone was having a blast in the nude scene, especially the actor playing Lopez. She looked like she was on the verge of breaking up.

I'm surprised they didn't rip on Chloe more about the movie there. 

It clearly looks like Eve makes everyone like her. There's kind of an innocence to her in that being around so many people is still rather new for her and she genuinely likes them. 

• Love 4

I can't get over how much better this entire season is than the garbage of season 3. It's back to being a good show, the characters are all acting like themselves and not like spiteful ten year-olds (well, except Dan), and even the murder mysteries are more interesting again. 

I'm enjoying what Eve brings to the show -- she's written and played to be much more complex than I expected (in the best way) -- there's an innocence and naivete that really works for the character. And the actress is great in the role.

The best moment for me was Maze and Linda, and Linda reminding Maze that they will always be family. Honestly, Maze and Linda make the show for me -- although Linda tends to do that with all of her scenes. But it's so nice to see the real, complex, awesome, Maze back to her real self again. Thank you, Season 4!

3 hours ago, paramitch said:

I can't get over how much better this entire season is than the garbage of season 3. It's back to being a good show, the characters are all acting like themselves and not like spiteful ten year-olds (well, except Dan), and even the murder mysteries are more interesting again. 

I'm enjoying what Eve brings to the show -- she's written and played to be much more complex than I expected (in the best way) -- there's an innocence and naivete that really works for the character. And the actress is great in the role.

The best moment for me was Maze and Linda, and Linda reminding Maze that they will always be family. Honestly, Maze and Linda make the show for me -- although Linda tends to do that with all of her scenes. But it's so nice to see the real, complex, awesome, Maze back to her real self again. Thank you, Season 4!

I am thoroughly enjoying reading your posts. It has been a while someone "new" watched season 4 -- especially on the heel of The Season That Shall Not Be Named. It's fun to see you're enjoying it as much as I did!

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, rainsmom said:

I am thoroughly enjoying reading your posts. It has been a while someone "new" watched season 4 -- especially on the heel of The Season That Shall Not Be Named. It's fun to see you're enjoying it as much as I did!

That's so nice of you! Especially since I feel bad for being cranky (but Season 3 was... challenging). But I've so enjoyed S4 and it's been so lovely to see the show turn around in quality the way it has. I'm absolutely thrilled to have it back.

• Love 1
On 5/10/2019 at 10:54 AM, greekmom said:

Ummmmm what about Jesus? 

I just watched last night—didn't Remiel qualify that statement with "in millennia?" If I'm remembering correctly that would work without implying anything about Jesus or the Biblical Nephilim.

• Love 1