Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E18: Tell Me The Truth

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

I don't think it was Ava.  I think it is more likely that it is someone who has a crush on Ava or thinks Ava is getting screwed over, and also someone who hates Connor.

This is the first season that I have watched of this series, so I don't know which character would fit all of those emotional conditions.

If AVA was involved in it, then there has to be at least one other person involved in it as well.

I don't think it is Ava either....if they follow the OneChicago repetitive script book it will be someone we have never laid eyes on or heard about before. They will explain it away with a wave of the hand that it was someone who had some surgery go wrong when Rhodes was an intern and he's been plotting his downfall ever since.

Pretty much like the guy who paid to have Al stabbed over on PD last year, they dragged up some case no one had ever heard of and suddenly this guy has come out of the ether all bitter and twisted over some wrongdoing to exact his revenge.

I am pretty sure the PD writers would've photocopied the relevant pages for the Med writers. They couldn't lend them the book because they are still only half way through themselves.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Guildford said:

I don't think it is Ava either....if they follow the OneChicago repetitive script book it will be someone we have never laid eyes on or heard about before. They will explain it away with a wave of the hand that it was someone who had some surgery go wrong when Rhodes was an intern and he's been plotting his downfall ever since.

Ah! The usual super villain that TV shows love so much. They have infinite resources, can scape any scrutiny, can get whatever they want and fool whoever they want. Until the writers get tired and someone takes them down. It will probably be April. Or maybe Maggie. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, alexvillage said:

Ah! The usual super villain that TV shows love so much. They have infinite resources, can scape any scrutiny, can get whatever they want and fool whoever they want. Until the writers get tired and someone takes them down. It will probably be April. Or maybe Maggie. 

And after he has kidnapped Ava & tied her up in the basement. She's severely injured and super Rhodes is forced to perform open heart surgery with just his teeth and his underwear in the filthy rat infested basement of an abandoned part of the hospital to save her like from the evil moustache twirling super villain. 

Then Ava & Super Rhodes declared their undying love for each other as he has his hands in her chest, holding her heart, which then stops beating.....bingo credits roll....cliffhanger.

You can thank me later. 😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I don't understand why the FBI agent lied about it being a meth lab explosion, just because it was tragic.  What was the point?  Especially since she certainly knew there would have been serious, specific health repercussions from an explosion.  I know, I shouldn't expect the show to make sense, but this just left me scratching my head for some reason.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 4/6/2019 at 9:59 AM, icemiser69 said:

I don't think it was Ava.  I think it is more likely that it is someone who has a crush on Ava or thinks Ava is getting screwed over, and also someone who hates Connor.

This is the first season that I have watched of this series, so I don't know which character would fit all of those emotional conditions.

If Ava was involved in it, then there has to be at least one other person involved in it as well.

Definitely agree with it not being Ava. I can't believe the show would make it so obvious if it actually was her. But that won't stop Connor from hiring an investigator because of his overwhelming suspicion that it was Ava that orchestrated the prank 911 call. All his mind is thinking of is that Ava benefits from all this. She gets to shine in surgery because of the fake 911 call. She gets to save Conner from the board by leaking possible medical misconduct. Whoever is actually doing this has done a fantastic job in driving a, possibly, irreparable wedge between Connor and Ava, making it highly unlikely they ever get back together.

It could be Connor's dad, who got this whole thing started by putting the image in Conner's mind that Ava slept with him. Or it could be Robin, decided to sabotage Connor and Ava's relationship before coming to town.

• Love 2
(edited)

They knew so little about the teenagers history. Maybe she wasn’t as innocent as we were made to believe. Perhaps this wasn’t her first self abortion. Perhaps she had a long history of promiscuous behaviour or even drug use.  Her parents may need to know why she is ill in order to help her. Also why didn’t the “Dad” get a say in anything. If he thought he was the father and raised her as such why cut him out at that point. 

Edited by milner
Grammar errors
On 4/6/2019 at 10:17 AM, icemiser69 said:

And what if something goes horribly wrong and the minor dies?   There is little doubt the parents would sue the doctors/hospital. 

What if the parents know something about the minor's medical history or family history and it never gets mentioned, because the doctors weren't honest with the parents about the minor's medical condition?

Sorry, all bets are off when the minor is pregnant. But that's another argument for another time. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

Definitely agree with it not being Ava. I can't believe the show would make it so obvious if it actually was her. But that won't stop Connor from hiring an investigator because of his overwhelming suspicion that it was Ava that orchestrated the prank 911 call. All his mind is thinking of is that Ava benefits from all this. She gets to shine in surgery because of the fake 911 call. She gets to save Conner from the board by leaking possible medical misconduct. Whoever is actually doing this has done a fantastic job in driving a, possibly, irreparable wedge between Connor and Ava, making it highly unlikely they ever get back together.

It could be Connor's dad, who got this whole thing started by putting the image in Conner's mind that Ava slept with him. Or it could be Robin, decided to sabotage Connor and Ava's relationship before coming to town.

And we owe them a debt of gratitude.

Animated-thank-you-images-1.gif

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

All his mind is thinking of is that Ava benefits from all this. She gets to shine in surgery because of the fake 911 call. She gets to save Conner from the board by leaking possible medical misconduct. Whoever is actually doing this has done a fantastic job in driving a, possibly, irreparable wedge between Connor and Ava, making it highly unlikely they ever get back together.

And in Sharon's mind too. 

None of this explains all the things we've seen that are specific to Ava, so even if the call was someone else, what about the stuff we know is her like the cut and screwing Connor's dad. 

Regardless, the most important take away IMO is that whatever happens, it will permanently kill anything "romantic" between Ava & Connor cause that was like watching paint dry. TBF, it seems like Connor's been over it for a long while but Ava can't let it go judging by the stank faces she makes whenever Connor & Robin breathe the same air. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, milner said:

They knew so little about the teenagers history. Maybe she wasn’t as innocent as we were made to believe. Perhaps this wasn’t her first self abortion. Perhaps she had a long history of promiscuous behaviour or even drug use.  Her parents may need to know why she is ill in order to help her. Also why didn’t the “Dad” get a say in anything. If he thought he was the father and raised her as such why cut him out at that point. 

Because he was going to be inflexible, both the girl and her mother agreed about that. The girl said that if he ever found out what she had done, he would never forgive her, and the mother agreed that he shouldn't be told.  The impression that the show gave was that he was so anti-abortion, he would have rejected the girl for what she had done. In that case, the mother would have had to pick between her husband and her daughter. When someone is that dogmatic, there is nothing you can do but lie if you don't want a horrible situation.

I tend to think that if this wasn't the first self-abortion the girl did, she would have done it properly.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, milner said:

Also why didn’t the “Dad” get a say in anything. If he thought he was the father and raised her as such why cut him out at that point. 

9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Because he was going to be inflexible, both the girl and her mother agreed about that.

But then what the need to have him not be the biological father? Why does it matter? This was so out of left field, I didn't get it. This man is the girl's father for all purpose and intents, whether or not she has his DNA is irrelevant. This was very weird to bring into the narrative.

And honestly I was a bit shocked that the doctors seemed to agree that the father not being the biological father was a good enough reason for not asking his advice. It's not. What a weird message to send to the parents who are raising their non-biological child (and to these children).

And as you point out Statsgirl there were other perfectly good enough reasons, so why bring that in the story?

• Love 4

Conner is such a toolbag, I can't believe that no one thinks that all of this could be in his hyper-competitive, overly suspicious, holier-than-thou, massively narcissistic mind. I personally would love it if this show would turn the "psychotic woman obsessed with a man" boring ass storyline trope on its ear and have it be that Conner is the one being delusional and everything we've been seeing is through his own muddled perception. But I agree with the majority of posters here that I don't think the writers of this show are sophisticated or clever enough to go this route. Nope. Much better to make the woman crazy and let our hero shine. Even if our hero is a giant asshat.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 4/9/2019 at 10:56 AM, JenLily said:

Conner is such a toolbag, I can't believe that no one thinks that all of this could be in his hyper-competitive, overly suspicious, holier-than-thou, massively narcissistic mind. I personally would love it if this show would turn the "psychotic woman obsessed with a man" boring ass storyline trope on its ear and have it be that Conner is the one being delusional and everything we've been seeing is through his own muddled perception. But I agree with the majority of posters here that I don't think the writers of this show are sophisticated or clever enough to go this route. Nope. Much better to make the woman crazy and let our hero shine. Even if our hero is a giant asshat.

Well said...He acted in much the same way with Robin before their separation over her illness.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 1
On 4/4/2019 at 2:34 AM, CoyoteBlue said:

Yeah, but Rhodes has the shitload of money. Mom had medical bills to pay.

He does, but it's not like Robin is a spouse or family member, who someone might look up online as being a relative of Rhodes. Robin is not only an ex-girlfriend, but not a fairly recent one...meaning that in order to know the connection and that she's still important to Rhodes, the "kidnapper" would have to be someone who knew Rhodes personally, not just a random scammer.

• Love 2
On 4/8/2019 at 7:18 AM, WinJet0819 said:

Yes, it could be Connor’s father on his own or perhaps in cahoots with Ava?  Maybe they’ve been together all this time? 

I don’t know, that sounds absurd but if it’s not Ava my guess is his father, or sister? 

On 4/5/2019 at 10:03 PM, statsgirl said:

Unsurprisingly awful writing is SOP on this show. Treating viewers like utter simpletons is its middle name.

That's my major complaint about this show. For example, this FBI agent and Will...we know the writers are trying to start up a thing with them, but instead of showing us an organic buildup to a relationship, they instead have to go overboard with a teary confessional to draw the characters together. It's okay to give us a coffee shop scene or an ordinary conversation once in a while. I know it's an ER show, but not everything has to be life or death dramatic.

• Love 2

I'm now hoping it's not Ava because that is so impractical. How in the world does she set up this scam? while performing surgery? 

I'm at least glad there was not a kidnapping--I was in fear of a multi-episode storyline on that.

The scene at the end with Robin and her parents was cute. I like Daniel and his ex wife, so I'm sure she'll die soon.

On 4/4/2019 at 9:55 PM, Quark said:

I couldn't help but laugh at all the Natalie/Ethan stuff. It was just so easy for Natalie to lie to everyone.

I know and as if butter wouldn’t melt... ugh. Choi is a judgemental ass but the way her self righteousness changes from subject to subject I honestly think she’s just in it for the argument and to Be Right.

an actual scene devoted to April’s new hair.. the writers need to get their head out of her ass.

• Love 1