Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, ByTor said:

I wonder if Kelli would have liked "The uniform is iconic, but it's meaningless if you don't embody the traits a DCC should have"

To be fair, it was Judy that got offended about Lauren Castillo's answer.  Kelli told Judy, "You put a landmine out for her," meaning basically there was only one correct answer that Judy wanted and Judy wouldn't accept anything other than that.  Nobody other than Judy seemed to be bothered by it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Chelsea's cut.

RIP Megan who died last cut.

The girl that said "oh you want me as a DCC" before she got cut.

Thut girl "this is what God gave me."  I love her.  I hope she is living a good life.

Kaime--she wanted so badly to be a DCC.  I felt sorry for her.  I think she would have gotten it sooner or later.  Wasn't any worse than Meredith.

Aw yeah I always felt bad for Kaime, she was in a bit of an impossible situation, I feel like she was set up to fail.

Just another random thing I thought of that sticks out, I love when I remember specific audition outfits, because some girls spend sooo much money on these blingy tops and shorts, but when someone is a truly amazing dancer they stand out no matter what and you remember them. Like for some reason I always remember Melissa W’s rookie year audition she was wearing the most basic blue top and black shorts 😂 but Briana’s amazing nude, sparkly audition outfit also stands out to me so sometimes the sparkle is IT 😂

• Love 4
11 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

To be fair, it was Judy that got offended about Lauren Castillo's answer.  Kelli told Judy, "You put a landmine out for her," meaning basically there was only one correct answer that Judy wanted and Judy wouldn't accept anything other than that.  Nobody other than Judy seemed to be bothered by it.

Oh yeah, Judy was all "You've GOT to be kidding me!"  It's so stupid.  The uniform makes the woman?  So...you have a woman who kicks puppies in her spare time.  If she puts on the DCC uniform, she's magically a wonderful person & no longer a puppy-kicker?  You've GOT to be kidding me about that, Judy!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Are there no full episodes of MTT up on CMT.com? Trying to watch there and only finding "clips".  Thanks.

I believe when they went up on Pluto CMT pulled them all down.

Hint:  if the endless commercials get to you, have another window open and piddle there till commercials are done.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I believe when they went up on Pluto CMT pulled them all down.

Hint:  if the endless commercials get to you, have another window open and piddle there till commercials are done.

OK thanks.  And I already do that LOL

On 8/20/2020 at 12:19 AM, bunny said:

Just for fun and because I need to do something other than rant about cuts, what are some little moments that have stuck with you from past seasons, for one reason or another?

Jay - "You eat for performance, not because you have a hole in your face."

Best nutritional advice ever. 🙂

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
On 8/20/2020 at 7:00 PM, MrsEVH said:

That was Whitney. She's a former Texas Legends dancer and AA Ice Angel. She was also a Miami Dolphins Cheerleader for 2 years and got cut going into her 3rd year. 

Didn't she get arrested for stalking an ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend? Or breaking into his house?  I think I remember seeing that somewhere on this forum and my first thought was "I can totally see her doing that." She always had that crazy vibe going on.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Didn't she get arrested for stalking an ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend? Or breaking into his house?  I think I remember seeing that somewhere on this forum and my first thought was "I can totally see her doing that." She always had that crazy vibe going on.

Yep,  I remember that as well and she was arrested for both.  She and the guy were "dating" (or at least in HER mind they were) for something like 3 weeks and he started stepping out with another girl.  She didn't take that well and went full-on cray cray.  She was arrested and charged with both counts and decided to re-audition for the Dolphins while she was awaiting trial.  I don't think she made it back on the squad given that it hit the news right around the time their Training Camp started (which she had made). 

13 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Yep,  I remember that as well and she was arrested for both.  She and the guy were "dating" (or at least in HER mind they were) for something like 3 weeks and he started stepping out with another girl.  She didn't take that well and went full-on cray cray.  She was arrested and charged with both counts and decided to re-audition for the Dolphins while she was awaiting trial.  I don't think she made it back on the squad given that it hit the news right around the time their Training Camp started (which she had made). 

She was cut in that training camp

Random thoughts...

I always liked Lauren Williams for her "the cow they named after me" comment. She seemed real to me.

It kind of surprised me that Judy went ballistic over Lauren Castillo's reply. Every time I saw Lauren C, she was attached to Cassie's elbow.  I didn't think she'd go after a Cassie buddy like that.

Someone asked a few pages back about why Jordan missed the Game Day bus. I could have sworn in one of the first airings of the show she said something about oversleeping because her alarm clock didn't go off. But it got edited out.

I think one of the best DCCs that came out of the show was Brandy Kilby. She came back from being called a stripper to make the team, did it for a year then said "buh-bye" to become a Laker Girl. Now she's happily married, has six (?) kids and looks fabulous. She definitely didn't let DCC define her.

Then there's Karissa, who never made the team. I think had she not had the wacky family issues that were dogging her, she could have had the time (and money) to take the classes she needed to improve her dancing. But she moved away from Texas (SMART MOVE), went on to law school in Miami, got married and is practicing law in San Francisco now. She moved on and is doing great.

One last thing. After they moved to the Star, the show got more fake/plastic/mannequin-like (to quote Kelli describing one of the Minschew sisters) and the TCCs started to run together for me. Less interesting back stories about the girls and more guest choreographers/celebrity crap. As a result, even with the Ericka/Holly/Jenna drama, it got boring.

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 10
On 8/20/2020 at 3:19 AM, bunny said:

Just for fun and because I need to do something other than rant about cuts, what are some little moments that have stuck with you from past seasons, for one reason or another?

For me, I’ll never forget Yuko explaining that her cat is American, so would be staying in the US 😂 that was genuinely funny and a quick-witted, clever thing to say.

Another Yuko-related one, I always think about the time during first meeting when Kelli asks Yuko if she’s understanding everything and then almost immediately goes “well we’ll see all of you manaña“ Like you JUST asked the poor girl if she was understanding you in English, don’t make it any harder for her 🤦‍♀️😂

Last one for now, but I’ll never get over Judy asking a girl in a panel interview if she would make the uniform or if the uniform would make her. First of all, it’s a pretty stupid question, and the way Judy got SO offended when the girl said she would make the uniform (which I agree with 😂) was absolutely hilarious. Like get a grip, lady, it’s a skimpy piece of fabric, it’s not that serious!

Bonus standout: Sasha Agent. Just all of her. 

Kelli taking them mic and saying BOO at Kim in the stadium 

the look on Chelsea’s face when her big mouth got her cut 

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

She was cut in that training camp

Good.  The MDC didn't need any more bad press after they already got hammered for all the issues they already had.  If they'd taken her back, the best interpretation is that it would NOT look good and would damage their reputation even more and the other interpretations only go downhill from there.

1 hour ago, ATLGirl said:

Then there's Karissa, who never made the team. I think had she not had the wacky family issues that were dogging her, she could have had the time (and money) to take the classes she needed to improve her dancing. But she moved away from Texas (SMART MOVE), went on to law school in Miami, got married and is practicing law in San Francisco now. She moved on and is doing great.

Great point regarding Karissa.  I think they kept her in training camp longer than they would have with someone they weren't so fond of, but she just couldn't master the dances because she actually had a job and responsibilities outside of DCC. Nowadays, almost all candidates show up having so much time and money invested into them by their well-to-do parents that they can focus 110% on DCC.  They sure aren't tasked with helping care for siblings while their single mother works.

I'm so happy for Karissa with her new life outside of Texas and DCC.  She was one of my favorite candidates.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, dariafan said:

Kelli taking them mic and saying BOO at Kim in the stadium 

the look on Chelsea’s face when her big mouth got her cut 

"I'm totally devastated" (sorry I have to insert a HUGE eye roll here)  She talked her way onto the team and I guess she thought she could talk her way out of trouble.  Her "I'll just be by the phone" comment she made when they pulled her and the others from the shoot just annoyed the heck out of me. 

• Love 8

Ugh. So they’re showing S13 here in the UK. I haven’t seen this properly, when it aired I was watching it via dodgy internet streams so it wasn’t the best quality!
What’s the first thing I hear Kelli say? “The cheerleaders are growing in a safe environment.” 
Knowing what happened to Hannah, Brennan etc this year that makes me somewhat cross. And sad. 

I’m looking forward to re-watching this season in terms of seeing girls like Brennan, Briana and Erin make it, rockstars like Hannah, Bridget and Jalyn come through, and sweet Gabby. 

Not looking forward to revisiting Dayton being cut and all the VK nepotism. 

Edited by DocBrown
  • Love 1

Random thought, why can't any of these ladies just run up normally when being called up like the way they run up when they make it into training camp, or when group leaders are announced? They all do this weird shuffle thing i'm certainly not saying sprint up there but a tasteful jog would be better/show more confidence then what they do and a lot of them do it...  side note: Chelsea is about to get cut on Pluto & i'm here for it. Her arrogance far superseded her talent. She always struck me as such an entitled, little brat. I can't believe they even fell for her, my father talked about the USO... during her initial panel interview. It may have been true but I never believed it 100%... 

Edited by TB12
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Whitney made it to TC but not the final squad.

Does anyone know what happened to Kendall?  That one dancer that missed a kick and then missed her jump split?  And then tried to say that she doesn't mess up, but then she danced next to Jacie and fell apart?

3 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

So glad she's speaking out. I loved her and was so pissed at her cut, still am honestly. She looked fine in the uniform and would have been an excellent DCC.

• Love 10

From that article:

During an episode of DCC:MTT within the last few years, Finglass said the ideal body shape for a DCC is like an old pin-up girl, 36 inches at the bust, 24 at the waist, and 36 at the hips.

Yeah right, 36 inch hips would be considered HUGE by Kelli's standards.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

From that article:

Yeah right, 36 inch hips would be considered HUGE by Kelli's standards.

I have no concept of thin people sizing (I’m super tall and always been overweight on a BMI chart,) so I just pulled up an Old Navy size chart to give me some perspective. They have a 36” waist as their size 2. I thought that might be vanity sized, so looked up rag & bone and their 36” hip is a 0. Alice & Olivia is a size 4, allsaints a 4, and True Religion a 2.  Not as teeny as I thought! 

But probably a size 10 in a wedding dress bc they are anti vanity sized. lol. 

Edited by kalibean

While scrolling through the internet looking at DCC photos I was suddenly reminded of an interview segment during one of their season of MTT (I can't remember which one) where someone in the interview panel (idk if it was Kelli or Judy) asked a couple of the girls "Do you think that the girl makes the uniforms or that the uniform makes the girl?" and I remember being so taken aback when most of the girls said "the uniform makes the girl." I was even more shocked when Judy (or was it Kelli) got upset because a girl said "the girl makes the uniform." Like almost went ballistic, as if she disrespected the entire DCC franchise or something.

I was always told that "the girl makes the dress", but what do you guys think? Do you think that the uniform makes the girl or that the girl makes the uniform?

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I was always told that "the girl makes the dress", but what do you guys think? Do you think that the uniform makes the girl or that the girl makes the uniform?

Both, cause you just can't stick that uniform on any girl.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

While scrolling through the internet looking at DCC photos I was suddenly reminded of an interview segment during one of their season of MTT (I can't remember which one) where someone in the interview panel (idk if it was Kelli or Judy) asked a couple of the girls "Do you think that the girl makes the uniforms or that the uniform makes the girl?" and I remember being so taken aback when most of the girls said "the uniform makes the girl." I was even more shocked when Judy (or was it Kelli) got upset because a girl said "the girl makes the uniform." Like almost went ballistic, as if she disrespected the entire DCC franchise or somethin g

That was Lauren Castillo who said that and got cut. Kelli she wasn't "wowed" by her solo as the reason for cutting her. We all know it really was the uniform comment.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, DocBrown said:

Ugh. So they’re showing S13 here in the UK. I haven’t seen this properly, when it aired I was watching it via dodgy internet streams so it wasn’t the best quality!
What’s the first thing I hear Kelli say? “The cheerleaders are growing in a safe environment.” 
Knowing what happened to Hannah, Brennan etc this year that makes me somewhat cross. And sad. 

I’m looking forward to re-watching this season in terms of seeing girls like Brennan, Briana and Erin make it, rockstars like Hannah, Bridget and Jalyn come through, and sweet Gabby. 

Not looking forward to revisiting Dayton being cut and all the VK nepotism. 

I’m watching along too. VK is already annoying me. To me, she’s an ambassador risk mostly, barely able to speak in full sentences. 

You can also see straight away that’s she’s a heavy dancer. She just doesn’t go anywhere in her leaps and jumps. For a tall girl, you’d expect her to fly! It makes me wonder how many ballet classes she did or didn’t take to improve her technique.

I also think she doesn’t have the cleanest footwork in the world. I would expect more from a studio dancer. You can see the technique in Dayton as a clean, precise dancer.

• Love 1

The “thutt” comment was so unprofessional, and it wasn’t funny at all. It was especially out of line because you could see it all over Megan’s face that she was self-conscious about her body. If I, as a viewer, could see it, Kelli should’ve been able to as well.

I understand that body image issues are present in the dance world, modeling world, sports world, etc., and it’s no question that the DCCs have never been shy about wanting girls to look a certain way, but I still think the Director should act like a professional. Creating an unflattering nickname for a girl’s body part is the complete opposite of that.  

I also think the seamstress (Lisa?) can be tone deaf. I hated when she told Veronica that if My Fit Foods was going to work that she needed to eat only that and not have dessert.....like, are you kidding with that comment!?!

Edited by Jess14
Typo
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

That would be an extra large short then.  Those girls are tiny.

I swear I remember that the "large" was something like a size 4.  Not sure what planet THAT is large!

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

The “thutt” comment was so unprofessional, and it wasn’t funny at all.

Kelli sure as hell thought it was clever, she said it over & over & over, and you could see how proud of herself she was 🙄

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Kelli sure as hell thought it was clever, she said it over & over & over, and you could see how proud of herself she was 🙄

Well I hope she realizes now it wasn't clever...cute...or funny.  One of these days, I hope Sam calls her mom out on the way she talked about some of these young ladies.  (Will that happen?? I don't know...depends on how much moxie Sam has or if she even cares...lol).  I am so glad Dayton never got involved with the team...no matter how awesome she would have been 🙂   Dayton was a true class act!  I know Shelly may have been disappointed when she was cut but Kelli treated Dayton awful and I hated that for both of them.  😞 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I understand that body image issues are present in the dance world, modeling world, sports world, etc., and it’s no question that the DCCs have never been shy about wanting girls to look a certain way, but I still think the Director should act like a professional. Creating an unflattering nickname for a girl’s body part is the complete opposite of that.  

This! I know a lot of folks harp on her favoritism and decision making but acting like the top girl in the sorority is what has always pissed me off about Kelli. For all the talk about her being this great business woman (from the show and DCC folks, not us) she just comes across as an immature high schooler when she talks about the girls. Grow up Kelli! Be the role model the show is trying to pretend you are. 

Actually, she acts like the stereotypical head cheerleader in every high school show/movie ever. Ugh.

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

Just saw Meghan Flaherty's cut from her second time in training camp, when Judy said to her "there is more for you, you're so beautiful" and Meghan said, "there is more to life than being beautiful." I don't know that I caught that ever until just now. She really was such a pretty girl inside and out and the sass when she was cut at THIRD time, I knew she was my spirit animal then. God rest her soul, I hope she's at peace... 

Edited by TB12
  • Love 13

Natalie woods being called in and not getting cut.  Saying she would have been more relieved if she had been... so then why are you there ?   They were giving her more time to work on things and she’s still on the chopping block.  Well hello you still would be on the chopping block if they hadn’t called you in. They were trying to give her some helpful critique 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, dariafan said:

Natalie woods being called in and not getting cut.  Saying she would have been more relieved if she had been... so then why are you there ?   They were giving her more time to work on things and she’s still on the chopping block.  Well hello you still would be on the chopping block if they hadn’t called you in. They were trying to give her some helpful critique 

Love Natalie Woods.   So glad she made it her second time. 

• Love 2

Now that Kelli has fully "pulled her mean girl curtain back" i'm having second thoughts, was Lacey Minchew really plastic, mannequin like? Or was Kelli just sooooooooo jealous of her being so successful and beautiful and had to pick on her??? Also, that same season the first meeting of TC, Michelle Keys was very close to the front row meaning she scored really poorly during her audition. This is the same Michelle who taught during training camp & acted like she was Queen B? Also, the same girl who took up a gofundme or something for her move or wedding??? Its amazing how eye opening this board is when you rewatch old episodes on Pluto. I'm catching so many things lately that I didn't see...

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

I’ve always been a Minchew apologist and will continue to be. They were in the wrong for thinking they could do both things, sure, but it probably didn’t fully sink in that missing a Friday night of practice so they could spend a weekend fulfilling pageant obligations would be a deal breaker.  

And considering how much Kelli loves the pageant girls AND that super polished look, I frankly don’t get it either.  Behind the scenes shenanigans would be my guess, or she pulled both sisters in for ratings and then got a nasty surprise when they bailed for their other obligations. I respect Lacey (?) for trying again the next year, tho, and she seemed to have done well with the Mavericks. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, kalibean said:

I’ve always been a Minchew apologist and will continue to be. They were in the wrong for thinking they could do both things, sure, but it probably didn’t fully sink in that missing a Friday night of practice so they could spend a weekend fulfilling pageant obligations would be a deal breaker.  

And considering how much Kelli loves the pageant girls AND that super polished look, I frankly don’t get it either.  Behind the scenes shenanigans would be my guess, or she pulled both sisters in for ratings and then got a nasty surprise when they bailed for their other obligations. I respect Lacey (?) for trying again the next year, tho, and she seemed to have done well with the Mavericks. 

I agree with all of this! I always thought Kenley left because her sister did and that's why she still came back the next year.  Lacey did come across plastic like, but that probably had to do a lot with editing and it totally seemed liked Kelly just did not like her.  They never addressed it on the show, but Lacey's boyfriend (now husband) was Matt Flynn and he was going into his second season with the GB Packers at the time (back-up to Aaron Rodgers, but 2x national champ with LSU - Geaux Tigers!)  I thought maybe Kelly was mad about that (him being a player for another team), but now the more Kelly reveals herself, there probably was a lot of jealously there too.   

• Love 5
20 hours ago, DCCFanatic82 said:

Victoria - 38:10
Christina - 35:18
Melissa - 29:27
Lily - 28:34
Meredith - 27:29
Jinelle - 27:07 
Brooke - 25:14
Maddie - 20:58
Yuko - 16:15
Lacey - 14:29
Amy - 12:25
KaShara - 8:52

"Good girls win". 🖕

There have been a lot of comments about Lacey constantly looking at the camera, but as a huge Lacey fan, I've always thought she was hardly ever shown.  I'm not surprised she has one of the shortest DCC videos.  I respect the fact that everyone is going to have their own opinions, but I never understood that specific reason for disliking her.  

As time passes, I've grown to have a soft spot for Kathryn Dunn.  Tho I like Sydney too, always have, and I really admire how she's grown her business through promotion, networking, etc.  (Plus I've always been a Chiefs fan, and I love that connection to Tavia Hunt.)  KD wasn't the strongest dancer in the room, to be sure, and I don't really think she should have made camp, but she does seem like a good, loyal friend and a lot of fun.  I don't follow her on Insta, but I do follow Sydney, and I think their friendship is OTT but super sweet too.  If I was still their age they'd be the friends I would soooo love hanging out with once a month and for special events, but would be so much sparkles and MUCHNESS that it's all I would need.  LOL.  

Back in those days for me, we were trying to find the coolest MySpace backgrounds and organizing our Top Ten, and while I do think the influencer lifestyle is all kinds of extra, it's a lot of the same thing but they're able to monetize when my generation wasn't.  I mean, Sydney has grown a legit business out of social media, and I think that's pretty awesome.  And her baby is freaking adorable.

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Guardian angel still looking out for me .... still have not heard the Vivian poem

Here's part of it; starts @  2:30

Another Vivian office visit which starts  @:30

Edited by MrsEVH
1 hour ago, dariafan said:

Guardian angel still looking out for me .... still have not heard the Vivian poem

after Danielle’s injury I’m glad they got rid of chairs being used in solos 

Find a new guardian angel because you don't know what you're missing!

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Here's part of it; starts @  2:30

Another Vivian office visit which starts  @:30

The screen grab in that second video is fantastic.  It showcases peak Vivian, who was one the most insanely attractive women to appear on the show.  I was rooting so hard for Vivian to make the team.  They didn't like her body type for the DCC, but I thought her curves were great.  I get the kicks with shorter legs argument though.  

• Love 3