Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

Currently rewatching season 9 as it’s one of the only seasons they ever show on U.K. tv. 

I’ll never understand how some of them made it that year. Breelan, Caila, Ashley Pro. How did they make it when they’re next to powerhouse, technical dancers like Melissa, Erica, Lacey and Mary?! 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Currently rewatching season 9 as it’s one of the only seasons they ever show on U.K. tv. 

I’ll never understand how some of them made it that year. Breelan, Caila, Ashley Pro. How did they make it when they’re next to powerhouse, technical dancers like Melissa, Erica, Lacey and Mary?! 

They hyped up Melissa R's return as a mentor, and it probably wouldn't have looked good if her "projects" didn't make the team - ie Brennan and Caila.  I say if a TCC hides from K&J during rehearsal, then make that her last night.

5 minutes ago, moonchild81 said:

maybe they got better as the season went on

I think Caila did once she stopped over thinking it.  Breelan - she never seemed to pick up new choreo without her nerves doing her in.  For example, the Halloween halftime performance and her scared look on the big screen.  Like they tell them at TC, even if you forget, smile and keep going.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

They hyped up Melissa R's return as a mentor, and it probably wouldn't have looked good if her "projects" didn't make the team - ie Brennan and Caila.

That is the only reason I can think that Breelan made it. She wasn't special or outstanding in any particular way. Sometimes I get it when a beautifuly girl who's not the best dancer makes it, or someone with a huge personality who might be a bit "heavy", or an amazing dancer who doesn't interview well. But Breelan, fine as she was, was just adequate in all the DCC criteria. 

I hate Melissa as a mentor because just just comes across soooooo smug and special and she's really not. She was only asked back because she's "famous" now. Is she the most "famous" former DCC? As far as, left the org and became a star in any sense? She's the only one I know of outside of this show but I don't really follow them once they leave and most of them seem like the same person to me so I remember very few of them once they're off my screen. 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I hate Melissa as a mentor

I think she is a very good showmanship coach - pointing out the little things, giving constructive criticism, explaining things in a way that is easier for the gals to understand.  You need someone to come behind K&J and do that.

• Love 6

Maybe someone’s said it before, but I’ll say it here.  Holly could have been perfect in the role of Nomi Malone in Showgirls.  She has the blend of talent and sultriness that Elizabeth Berkeley only scratched at.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

I just thought of @BluegrassDCCFan.  Watching season 2 on Pluto & Judy spoke to Candace Carr, Megan Sharp, and Nina Moch in the office in that order.  After Nina's cut, it was back to Candace Carr's visit!  They really do repeat scenes a lot!

• Love 2
On 5/30/2020 at 3:54 PM, Jess14 said:

I didn't think Ika looked like " the girl last night" either. I know she had inappropriate pics, but her general appearance was pretty standard to me. I feel like Kelli just comes up with labels for girls that she doesn't really like. 

I always laugh at the "girl last night" comment. In Ika's case, I think it was pretty spot on. And I like the Eastern European look! I just wish that Ika's makeover would've been more transformative. Especially when we see how polished she looks now. >>

On 6/4/2020 at 11:57 PM, 88Keys said:

http://www.ikachigo.com/

Is this Ika?  She looks stunning now!

Wow! Good for her! She's a good writer, too. Eloquent.

On 5/29/2020 at 7:14 PM, UnicornKicksBack said:

First I hate the Jay segments. I like him b way too many and too long plus that dumbass body fat bullshit makes me stabby. If a girl looks fit then who cares if her body fat is 2 percent higher his calculations. 

Body fat percentage is the most important figure in determining how fit a person is. Jay is absolutely correct in focusing on this. I admit, however, that the 10-12% they focused on for awhile seems too low for even an athletic young woman. I would've thought 12-15% would be ideal. And it seems they adjusted the "ideal" percentage from season to season.

• Love 1
On 7/11/2020 at 4:19 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Breelan - she never seemed to pick up new choreo without her nerves doing her in.  For example, the Halloween halftime performance and her scared look on the big screen.  Like they tell them at TC, even if you forget, smile and keep going.

Does anyone have the pic of Breelan from the Halloween halftime show? It's a big ask, I just don't have the energy to look for it myself... :-)

3 hours ago, TB12 said:

Does anyone have the pic of Breelan from the Halloween halftime show? It's a big ask, I just don't have the energy to look for it myself... 🙂

Here's the video. You can see Breelan @ 4:05. 

• Love 2
On 7/11/2020 at 4:19 PM, scorpio1031 said:

They hyped up Melissa R's return as a mentor, and it probably wouldn't have looked good if her "projects" didn't make the team - ie Brennan and Caila.  I say if a TCC hides from K&J during rehearsal, then make that her last night.

I think Caila did once she stopped over thinking it.  Breelan - she never seemed to pick up new choreo without her nerves doing her in.  For example, the Halloween halftime performance and her scared look on the big screen.  Like they tell them at TC, even if you forget, smile and keep going.

Breelan should have NEVER made the team.  Period.  Also,  I can't stand Shy Guy Rycroft and I really wish they'd stop using her.  I cringe every time they show her on screen.   Her 15 minutes are over...let her go...PLEASE!

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, mizzhyer said:

Breelan should have NEVER made the team.  Period.  Also,  I can't stand Shy Guy Rycroft and I really wish they'd stop using her.  I cringe every time they show her on screen.   Her 15 minutes are over...let her go...PLEASE!

Breelan is one of those where Kelli choose looks over talent.  She's said herself that she likes the pretty girls.  Too bad she often chooses girls who are pretty but are chosen exclusively for their appearance over girls who are both gorgeous AND can dance.  I get she has her own specific taste, but I have to wonder if she's doing what's best for the team by choosing these girls or if she's doing what's best for the television show?  If she thinks she's doing what's best for the team, I think she needs to be replaced soon because of her choices (among other things) and if she's choosing girls based on what's best for the television show, she needs to be replaced even faster.

• Useful 1
29 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

It seems like for many, being Kelli’s pet project for a year is a kiss of death the following year as if she says your a DCC now prove you can do it.  If you’re on her bad side......no coming back!

Seriously you'd think girls would catch on by now and either take a TON of dance classes every chance they get and work their @ss off with a veteran after seeing Kelli talk about them on the show and knowing that so many of her faves are cut year 2. Either that or enjoy your one year and retire before you get cut.

• Love 3

Kelli's tolerance for some rather than others is so unfair. I watched whatever season Mackenzie Lee was on & she should've never made the team, her kicks were terrible but she was absolutely adorable & looked like a little barbie doll yet others get cut for low kicks. Taylor, was cut bc of her kicks & she was just as adorable. It has to be so infuriating if you're on the wrong side of Kelli's favoritism especially if you've seen others get a pass for the same thing. The whole selection is so disheartening...  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I always thought Breelan was really cute and I felt bad that she was so scared all the time. 

In other news, if I never see the Thriller dance again it will be too soon. My town has done a Thriller dance every Halloween for the last 11 years and I'm just so over it. I was over it when they did it in 13 Going on 30. UGH.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, TB12 said:

Kelli's tolerance for some rather than others is so unfair. I watched whatever season Mackenzie Lee was on & she should've never made the team, her kicks were terrible but she was absolutely adorable & looked like a little barbie doll yet others get cut for low kicks. Taylor, was cut bc of her kicks & she was just as adorable. It has to be so infuriating if you're on the wrong side of Kelli's favoritism especially if you've seen others get a pass for the same thing. The whole selection is so disheartening...  

Even tho I am a huge fan of Mackenzie Lee, I kinda agree with you. I am so glad she made the team, but I do find myself questioning why others do not when Mackenzi did. 😒

• Love 6

Just finsished reading the forum messages on the 2015 season and I love to see the Kinzie love. She was such a underrated cheerleader and absolutely gorgeous. Did she made showgroup in all her 4 year or only in her veteran years??

The 2015 also ofcourse had Kash as rookie wearing the wrong outfit and people were like "oooh she is about to get cut" and found her cute. Little did we know she would become one of the most popular cheerleaders of the whole show and getting point and become groupleader just 2 years later 😂😂

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, DutchDCCfan said:

And little did we know that cute lil KaShara would be point 2 years later en of the most popular DCCs coming from the show!

Yep, IMO she's up there for best character development with current vet Gina! :)

• Love 5

I wonder if KaShara has PTSD flashbacks of wearing the wrong rehearsal outfit to the first day of Training Camp.

I do, and I wasn't there. 🤣 (Seriously.  I don't recall most of the details anymore of past seasons, but I remember vividly watching that for the first time.  When I was a dancer I used to have nightmares of showing up at a performance without my costume or shoes, and that episode brought those fears back all over again.)

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Lona said:

Yep, IMO she's up there for best character development with current vet Gina! 🙂

KaShara her "These shorts are shorter than my attentionspan" will always be funny 😂😂. I am personally not a big fan of Gina but idk if this is the right thread for opinions about her haha.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Season 12 on now.... wow i forget how not great Whitney was at auditions.   And at prelims did 1 woman say she’s tried out 10 times ?

Was it the doctor who does it for a workout?

Kelli said the squad has world class dancers just as Cassie comes on the screen🤣🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I watched Pluto a lot the past few days, so the seasons are kind of mashing up. During prelims for one season, Kelli said that they are "taking each and every one of them seriously" as contenders.  Yeah, she's taking the not so skinny, not so young ones seriously.  The only serious thing is that she "seriously" makes fun of them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 7/13/2020 at 4:44 PM, RedDelicious said:

I always thought Breelan was really cute and I felt bad that she was so scared all the time. 

In other news, if I never see the Thriller dance again it will be too soon. My town has done a Thriller dance every Halloween for the last 11 years and I'm just so over it. I was over it when they did it in 13 Going on 30. UGH.

Same here...the city I work in has done one for the last 19 years...and I am over it.  The only time I want to see Thriller is when I happen to catch the video with the og thriller himself, MJ, doing it on tv 🙂 

On 7/13/2020 at 2:06 PM, TB12 said:

If Mackenzie Lee was taken then Taylor should have been taken as well.  I completely agree...they even commented how she had everything else...looks, energy, style, the WOW factor, etc.  It's like she said when she was cut, "no one has a right to crush someone's dreams".  I felt awful for her.  😞 

• Love 8
On 7/14/2020 at 8:15 AM, DutchDCCfan said:

KaShara her "These shorts are shorter than my attentionspan" will always be funny 😂😂. I am personally not a big fan of Gina but idk if this is the right thread for opinions about her haha.

I love KaShara 🙂 She became one of my fave cheerleaders ever on the team.  Gina...I did not like her at first but the last year she has really grown on me.  My current faves are Brennan and Briana 🙂  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Rewatching season 10 and ins sure I’ve just seen Amber in semi-finals. She’s a new one I didn’t know had auditioned multiple times! 

I think she said three times on her IG takeover.

• Useful 3

season 9 Judy says "We perform in the boots so we have to be able to practice in the boots" the very first night they practice in them. Well hell if you want them to be better in the boots give them a pair earlier in TC and let them practice with them at home or in group rehearsals before you have them practice with you.  You can't expect them to be perfect so fast sorry

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, CailynA said:

season 9 Judy says "We perform in the boots so we have to be able to practice in the boots" the very first night they practice in them. Well hell if you want them to be better in the boots give them a pair earlier in TC and let them practice with them at home or in group rehearsals before you have them practice with you.  You can't expect them to be perfect so fast sorry

That always bugs me, too, just like nailing them on the field entry on the first night or two.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CailynA said:

Dancing in shoes you’re not used to is so difficult! I can’t imagine the boots are particularly flexible in the sole so you’ll have to work extra hard to point your toes! 

I don’t even like dancing in most trainers 🙈 ballet shoes and jazz shoes for me! 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, CailynA said:

season 9 Judy says "We perform in the boots so we have to be able to practice in the boots" the very first night they practice in them. Well here if you want them to be better in the boots give them a pair earlier in TC and let them practice with them at home or in group rehearsals before you have them practice with you.  You can't expect them to be perfect so fast sorry

True, but like the jump split and the kicks, these gals know they're going to be performing in boots if they make it and while boots you can buy at the local shoe store aren't the same, I would be practicing in them on my own time so that by the time they finally let me try on the boots I won't be completely unprepared. I just feel like some of these ladies have no idea what the DCC do because some of them seem to have done no preparation at all. Which is part of why I feel more and more the show is a scripted fame whore factory and not a show about making the worlds best cheerleading squad. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, dariafan said:

I wonder at what point that night Megan B decided to quit.  ( watching season 10)

About two seconds after she realized Kelly was getting ready to cut her. You can tell by how she was talking when she first sat down. She even said she would work hard to improve, then all of a sudden she is quitting. 

Edited by jlc
Fixing bad grammer
  • Love 7
(edited)

Episode 1105:  That attitude from Judy when she was correcting Kelsey L for "marking it".  Whenever she's correcting someone is it me or does she always nod her head???

What was so special about Yuko that she got permission to miss rehearsals to fly back to Japan to take care of her visa??

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
Added something.
10 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

What was so special about Yuko that she got permission to miss rehearsals to fly back to Japan to take care of her visa??

You have to go back to your passport country to get/renew a visa (unless you're a diplomat and their family).  It's the same reason Jinelle went back to Australia to deal with her visa. From the USA Gov website:

"Visa Renewals

You must renew your visa at a U.S. Embassy or consulate abroad. Only diplomatic visa holders and their dependents may renew them in the United States."

So, there's nothing "special" about Yuko, per se. Unless Kelli and Judy wanted Yuko to leave the team, they had to allow it. Why Yuko didn't go back earlier, I don't know, but it's the process.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, DizzySometimes86 said:

So, there's nothing "special" about Yuko, per se. Unless Kelli and Judy wanted Yuko to leave the team, they had to allow it. Why Yuko didn't go back earlier, I don't know, but it's the process.

I looked at it as Yuko getting her visa is "company business" since without the visa she can't be on the team. It is different than someone like the Minshew's missing rehearsal for pageant business because that has nothing to do with DCC, so they are basically taking time off of one job to go do work for another company. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Episode 1105:  That attitude from Judy when she was correcting Kelsey L for "marking it".  Whenever she's correcting someone is it me or does she always nod her head???

Was that the same episode where Kelli called her "crispy bacon"?

It had been "rumored" here that someone wanted Yuko on the team no matter what. Not sure how much truth to it but she did make it. I recall Kelli and Charlotte liking her a lot at semis and finals. However Judy and other judges were not that crazy about her. Also in Yuko's 2nd season in TC Kitty Carter called her out and said she was not performing like a vet. 

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Was that the same episode where Kelli called her "crispy bacon"?

No clue

6 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

It had been "rumored" here that someone wanted Yuko on the team no matter what.

Probably Charlotte, or Jerry or both.

19 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I hate that scene. My view was that Kelsey marked it because she was just trying to explain that she knew the step Judy was talking about. I didn’t think Kelsey did anything wrong. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Tdoc72 said:

I hate that scene. My view was that Kelse y marked it because she was just trying to explain that she knew the step Judy was talking about. I didn’t think Kelsey did anything wrong. 

I think the exact same thing every time I see it. To me Kelli and Judy were just being catty. Kelsey worked really hard to be on that team and they spent three years making fun of her. Sometimes I really hate this show. 😒😎

• Love 6
On 7/18/2020 at 3:38 PM, DizzySometimes86 said:

You have to go back to your passport country to get/renew a visa (unless you're a diplomat and their family).  It's the same reason Jinelle went back to Australia to deal with her visa. From the USA Gov website:

"Visa Renewals

You must renew your visa at a U.S. Embassy or consulate abroad. Only diplomatic visa holders and their dependents may renew them in the United States."

But doesn't that only apply if you applied for the visa at the us embassy? When renewing, don't you renew at where you got the visa document in the first place? Or thats my understanding of it. Which would explain why Jinelle and Yuko had to fly home (australia/japan) for their visa.

• Love 1