Type keyword(s) to search

All Past Seasons of the Late Lamented Show

• Start Topic

I'm always curious about how that interaction played out in real life.  

When Ally is talking, she's not looking at Taylor at all.  So it makes me think that her comment had nothing to do with the Taylor situation and was just edited in.  She wasn't wrong, we've all been in rehearsals or meetings where everyone's time gets wasted by endless excuses.  But it looks like she's just butting in when the situation had nothing to do with her.  (I can't remember who Taylor's actual group leader was, if it was Ally then maybe she did actually chime in because she had a reason to.)

But yeah, I agree that everyone sucked.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, aeroluv327 said:

When Ally is talking, she's not looking at Taylor at all.  So it makes me think that her comment had nothing to do with the Taylor situation and was just edited in.  She wasn't wrong, we've all been in rehearsals or meetings where everyone's time gets wasted by endless excuses.  But it looks like she's just butting in when the situation had nothing to do with her.  (I can't remember who Taylor's actual group leader was, if it was Ally then maybe she did actually chime in because she had a reason to.)

Taylor was in Group 2, which was lead by Brittany Evans.  Maybe that explains Brittany's face when Cassie was calling her out?  Who knows, maybe Brittany was the one that started that rumor to begin with.

And I respectfully disagree - Cassie's hair was/is fake and awful.  Her extensions during her rookie year were the worst I've ever seen.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, aeroluv327 said:

I think Taylor’s group leader was Brittany Evans actually. I always assumed that the group leaders, who were all Season 3 rookies and friends (except for Ally who was a season 2 rookie but still friends with the other girls) talked about their frustrations with Taylor to each other but never to the person who needed to hear it…Taylor.  Instead of being actual leaders and sitting down with her to say, “ We think you are a great dancer, and possibly a good addition to the team, but we think attitude is a little immature at this point and here’s what you need to work on and  why…”. 

Instead it came through in an emotional outburst (which is why I think Brittanys face looks like it does in the screenshot above, like “Oh shit. You are going to say something NOW?”) Edit:@123DCCWoooo beat me to it 

In my last position in my job, I actually taught mentors how to give feedback to a mentee/trainee, and there are several techniques. What happened in that scene was a solid example of what definitely not to do. 

That’s what frustrates me about when Kelli rides these girls about being good “leaders” (not with respect to picking a dance that goes with a song playing at a game). But actually gives these girls some training on being leaders…just giving the title or putting a crown that says “leader”on their head does not make them competent at it. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
I must have had fingers on wrong buttons
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I think Taylor’s group leader was Brittany Evans actually. I always assumed that the group leaders, who were all Season 3 rookies and friends (except for Ally who was a season 2 rookie but still friends with the other girls) talked about their frustrations with Taylor to each other but never to the person who needed to hear it…Taylor.  Instead of being actual leaders and sitting down with her to say, “ We think you are a great dancer, and possibly a good addition to the team, but we think attitude is a little immature at this point and here’s what you need to work on and  why…”. 

Instead it came through in an emotional outburst (which is why I think Brittanys face looks like it does in the screenshot above, like “Oh shit. You are going to say something NOW?”) Edit:@123DCCWoooo beat me to it 

In my last position in my job, I actually taught mentors how to give feedback to a mentee/trainee, and there are several techniques. What happened in that scene was a solid example of what definitely not to do. 

That’s what frustrates me about when Kelli rides these girls about being good “leaders” (not with respect to picking a dance that goes with a song playing at a game). But actually gives these girls some training on being leaders…just giving the title or putting a crown that says “leader”on their head does not make them competent at it. 

This has always been my biggest bug bear about this entire scene. It's really unprofessional to have a go at someone in front of their colleagues/peers, unless it's something that's happened multiple times before. 

Her group leader should've pulled her aside to chat about the rumours or gone straight to K&J. 

I was never a massive Taylor fan but when she tried to defend herself and they had a go at her even more, I liked her more. Like she said, if someone is trying to say something untrue about you, you should stand up for yourself. 

I'd always got the impression that Taylor was a little lazy but the GLs should know better than to call her out in public. Request a meeting with K&J and call her in to speak to them then. 

• Love 11

Regarding TCC Taylor (season 6?)

Like most, I agree it is a rather cheap and rude way to attack someone in front of others and, on top of that,  do it with several people! Which by the way is incredibly cowardly to do.

But... I do remember that Taylor was called out a lot for being immature, not following advice and sticking to her own game plan. The feeling she gave me was "uncoachable".  Her feisty way and attitude was sometimes amusing but usually annoying. As much as I disagree with how it was handled, I do get why it happened. If you have to go over something over and over again and that person just isn't getting the message..... Heck, that is so annoying and it shows a lack of respect! It would drive me mad too!

Yes, Allie and Cassie should have known better but in this specific instance, Taylor can and should be held (partly) accountable too.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, ByTor said:

Brittany Evans:

image.thumb.png.8d11b6bb5ec5a7ec5590ef5f8183d014.png

I have always noticed Britney's face in that scene too which made me like her bc she's like gurlllllllllll... also, Kelli's face after they got off Taylor's back she actually showed emotion and it looked like real sympathy for Taylor. Probably the one and only time i've ever felt anything genuine from Kelli...

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

I have always noticed Britney's face in that scene too which made me like her bc she's like gurlllllllllll... also, Kelli's face after they got off Taylor's back she actually showed emotion and it looked like real sympathy for Taylor. Probably the one and only time i've ever felt anything genuine from Kelli...

I think Kelli stayed out of the whole argument. It was just Judy (who started it), Cassie, Ally, and Kitty even chimed in.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I think Kelli stayed out of the whole argument. It was just Judy (who started it), Cassie, Ally, and Kitty even chimed in.

Kelli did stay out of it, next time the epi is on look at her face, she looks like she's going to cry which amazed me bc it was the first time I ever saw genuine emotion from the woman!

• Love 3

Now that I understand the situation with greater clarity, it pisses me off even more. In addition to being a b*tch to Taylor, Cassie undermined Brittany’s leadership, and Brittany looks like she's afraid she's just been thrown under the bus with Kelli and Judy. But Judy is just as guilty, because she's the one who empowered Cassie to throw her weight around the entire time she was on the team. 🐀

Edited by RedDelicious
Brittany (Evans)
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Now that I understand the situation with greater clarity, it pisses me off even more. In addition to being a b*tch to Taylor, Cassie undermined Evan's leadership, and Evan looks like she's afraid she's just been thrown under the bus with Kelli and Judy. But Judy is just as guilty, because she's the one who empowered Cassie to throw her weight around the entire time she was on the team. 🐀

And Judy was incredibly sweet to Taylor when they finally cut her. I was like, wait, am I watching the same show? Judy just set her up to be massacred by Cassie and Ally, but then she really likes her? It seemed very two-faced. I am still amazed the Cassie-Ally scene even aired with how bad it made them look. 

• Love 7

Now that I understand the situation with greater clarity, it pisses me off even more. In addition to being a b*tch to Taylor, Cassie undermined Evan's leadership, and Evan looks like she's afraid she's just been thrown under the bus with Kelli and Judy. But Judy is just as guilty, because she's the one who empowered Cassie to throw her weight around the entire time she was on the team. 🐀

Evan was a group leader?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, StellaCL said:

And Judy was incredibly sweet to Taylor when they finally cut her. I was like, wait, am I watching the same show? Judy just set her up to be massacred by Cassie and Ally, but then she really likes her? It seemed very two-faced. I am still amazed the Cassie-Ally scene even aired with how bad it made them look. 

I'm convinced the Cassie-Ally-Taylor scene was a manufactured moment for the show.

• Love 4

I'm a much more casual watcher than many of you, so I'm hopeful someone can answer a question concerning music.  I'm watching reruns on Pluto and I realize the music they use on the soundtrack is not the same as what was used in the original seasons.  On one of the most recent seasons - I'm sorry I can't say exactly which one, but I think it is when Christina finally makes the team - they play a song with lyrics that sounds like a female singer saying something like "If you wanted to change the world, that's what Jesus did, that's what Jesus did...."  I've had no luck finding that song based on a lyrics search.  Any idea?

16 minutes ago, ByTor said:

@eyelash good question. Like @RedDelicious I've tried to look up songs on Shazam to no avail, maybe some of that music is recorded specifically for the show?

Thank you.  That makes sense.  I presume the reason they don't use the music that originally aired is because they only bought the rights for a temporary time period that has expired.  It makes sense they might use in-house music specifically for the show in reruns so they never have to pay for or worry about the rights to it again.  That said, they did a better job on some seasons than others -- there are some real clinkers sometimes!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, eyelash said:

they did a better job on some seasons than others -- there are some real clinkers sometimes!

hahaha right? Like that "you can relax...turn off the fax" song 😂

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

@eyelash good question. Like @RedDelicious I've tried to look up songs on Shazam to no avail, maybe some of that music is recorded specifically for the show?

lol earlier this year i was watching a 2012 season of a reality show and it had the 'we're gonna shut shut down the floor tonight...we own the night!' song playing and my mind was bloooooown

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

lol earlier this year i was watching a 2012 season of a reality show and it had the 'we're gonna shut shut down the floor tonight...we own the night!' song playing and my mind was bloooooown

No...flipping...way!!! 

Shocked Cosmo Kramer GIF

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

No...flipping...way!!! 

Shocked Cosmo Kramer GIF

i truly thought these were DCC exclusives!

not that many others would like to use them...

sadly, some of them i find weirdly enjoyable at this point. 'man on a mission,' heavily featured in season 9, makes me want to dance tbh...

• Love 3
6 hours ago, eyelash said:

I'm a much more casual watcher than many of you, so I'm hopeful someone can answer a question concerning music.  I'm watching reruns on Pluto and I realize the music they use on the soundtrack is not the same as what was used in the original seasons.  On one of the most recent seasons - I'm sorry I can't say exactly which one, but I think it is when Christina finally makes the team - they play a song with lyrics that sounds like a female singer saying something like "If you wanted to change the world, that's what Jesus did, that's what Jesus did...."  I've had no luck finding that song based on a lyrics search.  Any idea?

I think the lyrics might be "that's what dreamers do"  At least that's how I hear it.

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

hahaha right? Like that "you can relax...turn off the fax" song 😂

I dug around once and found out what this is - it's called "Love is Good" by Jai Rodriguez (aka, one of the original Queer Eye guys). Not finding the actual song online anywhere, but here are the lyrics.

https://www.lyricsbox.com/jai-rodriguez-love-is-good-lyrics-mmg5c5l.html

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

It’s crazy what will Shazam and what won’t - like I’ve seen some old as heck episodes that still have Calvin Harris playing, and then you’ll get some rando nonsense. It’s part of the charm of a rewatch, just to see how bad the songs get 😂😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 9/6/2021 at 12:34 PM, eyelash said:

I used Shazam on that song and it came up as "Change the World" by Ra

3 hours ago, tarheel220 said:

I used Shazam on that song and it came up as "Change the World" by Ra

Well, that version does not sound anything like I'm remembering and the lyrics are different, but I fully admit I am not up on music and don't generally get the lyrics right.  Thanks for looking!

• Love 1
On 7/8/2021 at 8:29 PM, rl27rl said:

If you look on her Instagram, she just comes across as the girl that needs attention with good compliments with her endless amount of selfies. I find it a complete turn off. I was in her corner when she auditioned the first time and the second time, she just lacked that drive from the first time. IMHO

Just looked at her insta and she definitely paid for/brought followers. She has 12k followers but gets around 300-500 likes usually - definitely not the normal ratio!

• Useful 1

Hey lovely people! I was wondering if anyone knows who the group were in the 2014-2015 season (Season 9 MTT) and the 2012-2013 season (Season 7 MTT)? Sorry if this has already been answered but there is no easy way to search these threads. Appreciate any help!

1 minute ago, MegzClarkie said:

Hey lovely people! I was wondering if anyone knows who the group were in the 2014-2015 season (Season 9 MTT) and the 2012-2013 season (Season 7 MTT)? Sorry if this has already been answered but there is no easy way to search these threads. Appreciate any help!

Like wanting to know who was on the team both those seasons 

2 hours ago, vanillagum said:

season 9 is lacey's rookie year

I thought so, I think the above pictures that Holly posted are of Season 10 (still very much appreciate it!)

I think I have all of Season 9 now after trawling back through some Instagram accounts but still working on Season 7. Thank you for your help guys! 

I'm watching season 12 now.  It's the one where Kitty calls out Milan for not trying out for Show Group.  Yet, earlier in the episode, there is clearly a shot of her at the Show Group auditions!  The editing in this seasons is pretty bad.  

Just now, 88Keys said:

I'm watching season 12 now.  It's the one where Kitty calls out Milan for not trying out for Show Group.  Yet, earlier in the episode, there is clearly a shot of her at the Show Group auditions!  The editing in this seasons is pretty bad.  

Everyone dances at the auditon tho but you can opt out being considered 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Everyone dances at the auditon tho but you can opt out being considered 

But I don't think Kitty said "Why don't you want to be considered for show group?" I'm pretty sure it was "Why didn't you audition for show group?" Maybe it was just a poor choice of words, but Kitty did make it sound like she did not audition, so I understand the confusion.

• Love 2

I can’t say I outwardly dislike Kitty but in the earlier seasons she was downright abusive in some situations. Between her ridicule and physically shoving the girls. She wouldn’t get away with that today. There is valid criticism and then there is assault, intimidation and humiliation. A few times she got a little too physical for my comfort level. 

• Love 10

I can’t say I outwardly dislike Kitty but in the earlier seasons she was downright abusive in some situations. Between her ridicule and physically shoving the girls. She wouldn’t get away with that today. There is valid criticism and then there is assault, intimidation and humiliation. A few times she got a little too physical for my comfort level. 

Kitty seems tough with zero tolerance and intimidating, but I never quite got some of the harsher scenes. I don’t know, it just felt unreal, as if she was acting out a part that did not really suit her. A lot of the girls in the studio also looked really awkward, some as if they were stiffling a laugh even, I did not really detect a very shocked or hurt face, which I would have expected if it was real. I actually think Kelli’s “make-the-girls-cry record” is way more impressive than Kitty’s.

I may be wrong but those Kitty scenes seemed more about drama than anything else. There’s also that rumor thar said she left MTT because she didn’t like how she was portrayed.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, LilyD said:

I may be wrong but those Kitty scenes seemed more about drama than anything else. There’s also that rumor thar said she left MTT because she didn’t like how she was portrayed.

I wonder if the portrayal caused enrollment at her studio to decline?  Perhaps she didn't like sharing the spotlight with the new, fresh faces they brought in as guest choreographers?  It does seem odd that she just fell off the show so abruptly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I wonder if the portrayal caused enrollment at her studio to decline?  Perhaps she didn't like sharing the spotlight with the new, fresh faces they brought in as guest choreographers?  It does seem odd that she just fell off the show so abruptly.

I'd be surprised if the show didn't hurt her studio. As a parent, I can't imagine putting my child in a studio where the owner treats her dancers like Kitty treats the DCC

• Love 2