Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Doomed or Devoted

• Start Topic

As decision day looms closer, it's the couples' last chance to confront their biggest doubts and fears about their relationship before deciding whether they want to stay married, or get a divorce.

Kate should have left that mind-bending sociopath a few weeks ago.  I was married to someone like him and was oh so glad to finally get away.  She can’t see it yet, but take the divorce and run.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
16 minutes ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

A wise question from Kate's friend:

"Is he [Puke] really worth your time and energy and respect, if he's not willing to give you those same things?"

I just about stood up and cheered when she said that. 

• Love 14

Kate.  Oh COME ON.  You're so desperate to be married that you stay with this lifeless jerk who's putting on a show for tv. 

If she says she wants to stay married on the last episode, and Puke says it too, then I'm shocked and don't know what the hell I've been watching this season. Damn millennials. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 16

I wonder if Will has ever taken this long to have intimacy or displayed any sort of affection in previous relationships? I wish they would've shown Jasmine asking him these questions. Quite possibly this behavior is normal for him. He seems to live in his head way too much so he probably calculates every move he makes in his relationships instead of living in the moment & going with the flow. He's too methodical & robotish for me. I'd divorce him because my sexual appetite is way too strong to be married to someone who not only doesn't seem to desire me but has turned down all of my advances & doesn't seem to ever want to have sex with me! Is Will asexual???! Is Luke asexual, too???! Inquiring minds want to know.

Edited by Lacy4u
  • Love 12
38 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

want to have an eye makeup intervention with Stephanie

Yes please!  She puts eye shadow like AJ has already been mad at her and beaten her up. This make up is aging her a lot

Edited by ShowFan
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, EctoGammat said:

Will’s not really into Jasmine but he still was nice and carried her bag for her as she was leaving. It’s called being a decent human being, Luke. 

Maybe Will packed her bag. If he packed it he has to carry it. RULES.

• LOL 16
  • Love 3

I thought this was decision day.  If I knew it wasn’t, I wouldn’t have watched fuckin “ Honey Bunches of Oats” 2 million times.  Bummer.  Tonight was the Kate and Puke show.  Waste of time.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, b2H said:

Kate should have left that mind-bending sociopath a few weeks ago.  I was married to someone like him and was oh so glad to finally get away.  She can’t see it yet, but take the divorce and run.

Kate and Stephanie are desperate.  Some of them will stay knowing they can divorce in the future, like maybe in a couple of months.

• Love 9

Kate, Jasmine and Stephanie exit stage left. Kate keeps going back and forth with her decision and it's tiring at this point. Will seems to be that person who resides in his head and doesn't know how to be spontaneous. For someone as upbeat as Jasmine, that's boring. The woman has tried everything to get some intimacy out of him and all she gets is him being cold and distant. 

AJ doesn't need to be married, he needs a pet cat. In that way when he starts having a tantrum the cat can just walk away. Stephanie needs to just leave, I don't see him getting any better.

Did Luke really say "Look how beautiful I am". Dude nothing about your personality is beautiful, therefore you're unattractive. Plus you're covered in fuzz, so we can't see what your face truly looks like. 

Keith and Kristine seem to be the only hope this season. Hopefully they make it, as everyone else seems to be doomed.

• Love 7

On a superficial note, at her dinner with Luke I noticed Kate’s hair was shinier and less yellow. She must have had a toner/purple hair masque done... they moisturize and take out brassy tones. Still think she’d look better as a red/auburn/dark strawberry blond. 

Okay, back to serious. As always - Kate, RUN!!!! 

• Love 10
44 minutes ago, Marsh said:

Kate.  Oh COME ON.  You're so desperate to be married that you stay with this lifeless jerk who's putting on a show for tv. 

If she says she wants to stay married on the last episode, and Puke says it too, then I'm shocked and don't know what the hell I've been watching this season. Damn millennials. 

This millennial would have left him during the honeymoon. Luke is nothing more than an abusive idiot.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
52 minutes ago, Marsh said:

If that happens I might throw something at my TV. I hate them so much.

• Love 2

Why doesn’t Stephanie tell A.J. He drinks too much and is too loud, and is disrespectful to people and can’t control his temper.

Why doesn’t Kate tell Puke he’s a gaslighter and makes her think everything is her fault.

There is zero chemistry between Jasmine and Will.

Keith is a decent guy.  They are hard to find.  If she dumps him because she wants more, she might regret it forever.

Puke reminds me of the devil.  I hate that smirk on his face.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20

It's creepy how Luke can be so mean to Kate, yet stare at her with warm, loving eyes. 

(I don't want to indicate he is warm and loving, just that his eyes "look" that way.  He seriously creeps me out, big time!)🤪

Edited by answerphone
I needed to clarify my thoughts
  • Love 13

Luke is so manipulative in the way he speaks to Kate.  He has all of these non answers to her questions.  He genuinely creeps me the F out.  Why she even questions not leaving him is beyond me.  It’s like he has some creepy magical powers over her.

Run girl, RUN. 

• Love 18

Kate and Luke were wearing the exact same clothes when rewatching the wedding that they were wearing when they ate dinner during the one month anniversary episode. Completely lazy on the part of production. Did they literally have no other footage of Kate and Luke eating alone that they could have used during the one month anniversary episode? Which then begs the question of did they actually split earlier and it was later edited to look like things lasted longer. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, spunky said:

Kate, Jasmine and Stephanie exit stage left. Kate keeps going back and forth with her decision and it's tiring at this point. Will seems to be that person who resides in his head and doesn't know how to be spontaneous. For someone as upbeat as Jasmine, that's boring. The woman has tried everything to get some intimacy out of him and all she gets is him being cold and distant. 

AJ doesn't need to be married, he needs a pet cat. In that way when he starts having a tantrum the cat can just walk away. Stephanie needs to just leave, I don't see him getting any better.

Did Luke really say "Look how beautiful I am". Dude nothing about your personality is beautiful, therefore you're unattractive. Plus you're covered in fuzz, so we can't see what your face truly looks like. 

Keith and Kristine seem to be the only hope this season. Hopefully they make it, as everyone else seems to be doomed.

I wouldn’t trust A.J. with a helpless animal.  He might do something drastic with that temper.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TMI said:

Kate's friends are REALLY smart....now if Kate were smart she would listen to them!

Kate's friends are fantastic, but that one on the right really needs to learn how to hold a fork.  Sorry, it was just that bad.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, answerphone said:

It's creepy how Luke can be so mean to Kate, yet stare at her with warm, loving eyes.

Turn the sound off, those aren't warm, loving eyes! 

Edited by Natasha
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Ok, I figured out how they can fix the show.  Before D-Day, allow the audience to vote on whether each cast member should stay married. If a cast member, say, I don’t know, Kate, gets like a 90% vote that she should divorce, she doesn’t have to show up for D-day and gets to keep her partner’s share of the money. That would at least encourage some of the men to step it up throughout the 7 weeks. Also, women like Kate and Jasmine would be saved any further embarrassment on finding out whether their crappy husbands want to stay with them.

I also need to have an AJ-style conversation with whoever does the music for this show. The 50 pop songs they play throughout the show sound like the lyrics were written by 12 year olds. And you know when Luke and Kate are about to show up because they just play horror music. I yell at the cameraman, “don’t go in there.” But sure enough, Kate and Luke are like the supervillians that won’t die in every episode.

I noticed this episode that when Jasmine left to spend the night somewhere else, Will actually perked up and smiled a little bit. I can understand him not really liking her; I just don’t understand why he’s not honest to her that he really doesn’t see a future.

Kristine just seemed less sure that Keith was really in love with her than anything else.  When she expressed her concerns to her mom, she said nothing about his laziness, just that he doesn’t talk much or express his feelings and she’s not sure he’s in love. That was pretty interesting, because from the audience’s point of view, he seems the most smitten out of the husbands. Maybe she’s sensing something we don’t see.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11

I know that people are commenting that when Luke proclaimed how beautiful he looked at the wedding, that he was making a joke. I was really shocked when they showed the at the sneak peek. Now I think he wasn't necessarily thinking he was funny, but making an unfortunate attempt at being sarcastic. Still don't like him.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Kate's friends are fantastic, but that one on the right really needs to learn how to hold a fork.  Sorry, it was just that bad.

Omg, I noticed that too.  It distracted me from the conversation, she looked like a 3 yr old learning how to use a fork and knife.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

SexyAF.. the next time AJ eats your fish after you just explicitly said you aren't finished with it, stab him in his porky little fucking hand with your fork. 

Haha, I knew the board would be all over him eating her fish!  She says she's worried about his little stress episodes but then she goes and bats her eyes at him while he scarfs her food.  She'll probably stay with him, ugh.

1 hour ago, Marsh said:

I liked how her friends said they thought she liked the idea of him more than the actual him.  They really had her nailed.  Listening to them was like reading this board!  Weeks ago I said she was infatuated with his hipster image and that's the only reason she's convinced herself that there's anything redeeming about him.  She just can't let go of that dream.  I can't believe she would still be entertaining actually staying with him after what he's done to her.  If there's any hope for her she'll say no.  I can't believe he says he wants to stay together.  Why, so he can abuse her more?  Yikes, how toxic is he?

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, lids said:

Kristine just seemed less sure that Keith was really in love with her than anything else.  When she expressed her concerns to her mom, she said nothing about his laziness, just that he doesn’t talk much or express his feelings and she’s not sure he’s in love. That was pretty interesting, because from the audience’s point of view, he seems the most smitten out of the husbands. Maybe she’s sensing something we don’t see.

Keith telling his uncle that he hasn't told her he loves her yet and that he's about 3/4 of the way there told me why Kristine has that concern.  Keith says he is aware that he has to change that - Hopefully he will before decision day to put an end to any of her reservations about his feelings for her.  I think that's why she seemed so on the fence about him in this episode.  Despite Keith's drawbacks, his heart does seem to be in the right place.

• Love 12

I really hope Stephanie chooses divorce. She doesn't have to be this desperate. AJ is too unstable. This is the best of him. So that's disturbing. AJ is the real winner if Steph stays. Which she probably will. They'll probably all stay together except Jasmine and Will.

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

Luke is so manipulative in the way he speaks to Kate.  He has all of these non answers to her questions.  He genuinely creeps me the F out.  Why she even questions not leaving him is beyond me.  It’s like he has some creepy magical powers over her.

I know, it's painful to watch them have a conversation.  It's more like a non-conversation.  Nothing they say to each other makes any sense and her face looks drowsy and her voice is monotone.  It's like he's hypnotized her to stare into his eyes and babble nonsense back at him.  I envision him swinging the watch in front of her eyes before the scene was filmed and saying, "You are getting sleepy....very sleepy....you will look into my eyes and repeat after me....."  Then all he has to do is say he wants to stay together and she immediately smiles and starts waffling.  It's maddening!

Unfortunately, Kate has allowed this to happen to herself.  I don't know if even her friends can make her snap out of his nasty spell.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6