Type keyword(s) to search

Matt and Caryn

• Start Topic

I’ve read a reference to  Matt and his fiancé ,did I miss something?  Hell she makes videos pushing pumpkin salsa and says enjoying apples on “our farm “ on Instagram so I guess she must be an owner. Good for you Caryn, well done. Can’t wait to critique her engagement ring. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I see Matt posted something about being "honored" that A&C chose his farm for their wedding venue; it's too bad Amy didn't have the class to thank him publicly.

17 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I’ve read a reference to  Matt and his fiancé ,did I miss something? 

And then there are those of us who suspect they already tied the knot in a quiet, low-key, age-appropriate ceremony without TLC cameras and Sun drones flying overhead, but YMMV.

• Love 3

He has to marry the golddigger. What else is there? You can only exploit the grand kids so far.The farm is boring.

I'm sure there's plenty of medical stuff to put on the show with the kids.But that is not' must watch".Watch matt's bimbo trying to take over the farm? Thats TLC gold! He deserves what ever happens.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I assume thank yous to Matt were given on camera but we'll see. No way to know until the episode acts. I also rather suspect that any thank you would be deemed unacceptable and picked apart.

I'm still rather amused at the notion that secretly marrying, living apart, and lying about being married is deemed "age appropriate". 

Seems pretty tacky and disrespectful to live a lie. But then I suspect the real reality is that dun dun DUN Matt and Caryn just aren't married.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I can't believe Amy could not bring herself to say thank you to Matt for all the work he did on HIS farm for HER!

Then again maybe I can.  Amy has never been gracious or kind hearted!

As we will not see the full episode until next season, we don’t know that.  Chris is possibly the one who ends up doing the thanking.  Time will tell!

• Love 4

I think there's actually no way to know what passed in the way of thanks. Personally I hope she did, but I see no reason for her to take up a lot of time with it. I mean, did she thank the caterer publically? If so then you have a case that she should have thanked the venue provider, Matt, as well. But if not... its safe to assume thanks were done privately to all thd staff.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
Just now, Foghorn Leghorn said:

As we will not see the full episode until next season, we don’t know that.  Chris is possibly the one who ends up doing the thanking.  Time will tell!

I have no doubt Chris will...Amy will not!  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Always remember,these people are realty whores they live for the show not the other way around.They will do any sleazey thing the stay relevant.Nothing they say can be trusted.The writers will decide what they do next.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I assume thank yous to Matt were given on camera but we'll see. No way to know until the episode acts. I also rather suspect that any thank you would be deemed unacceptable and picked apart.

I'm still rather amused at the notion that secretly marrying, living apart, and lying about being married is deemed "age appropriate". 

Seems pretty tacky and disrespectful to live a lie. But then I suspect the real reality is that dun dun DUN Matt and Caryn just aren't married.

Well  he better get cranking he’s 59 and side piece is 3 years younger than the foolish blushing bride Amy. He’s got the farm and the milk for free.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I mean, did she thank the caterer publically? If so then you have a case that she should have thanked the venue provider, Matt, as well.

Yes she thanked AND praised the caterer during her IG LIVE

she also thanked the wedding planner, the band and several others… but *crickets* for Matt

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Maybe she wrote Matt a thank you note:

Dear Matt:

I'm being made to thank you for letting me use the farm for the wedding. So thank you. Please enjoy the painted rock enclosed. 

Amy, wife of Chris, married August 28, 2021 and Mr. Amy, my man

• LOL 14
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

Maybe she wrote Matt a thank you note:

Dear Matt:

I'm being made to thank you for letting me use the farm for the wedding. So thank you. Please enjoy the painted rock enclosed. 

Amy, wife of Chris, married August 28, 2021 and Mr. Amy, my man

But…I still carry YOUR name and maybe some day Chris will too!

Chris and Amy Roloff!  💕 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12

I’m not the biggest Amy fan, but I do find that she had some good qualities that apparently many others don’t see….lol… having said that, I think that it’s probable that as Matt wished Amy and Chris a happy wedding, he thought to himself….omg, that poor guy has no idea what he’s signing up for!  😆   Seriously, Matt has said that he thinks the problem was that he and Amy were not compatible and that Amy and Chris ARE compatible…..we shall see.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not the biggest Amy fan, but I do find that she had some good qualities that apparently many others don’t see….lol… having said that, I think that it’s probable that as Matt wished Amy and Chris a happy wedding, he thought to himself….omg, that poor guy has no idea what he’s signing up for!  😆   Seriously, Matt has said that he thinks the problem was that he and Amy were not compatible and that Amy and Chris ARE compatible…..we shall see.  

I honestly don't know if any man would be compatible with Amy.  I've thought about her quite a bit coming up to the wedding.  Trying to find some saving grace.

She's just so self centered and rude.  Her way or the highway.

She is completely different with Lisa and Deb then she is with Matt or Chris.I

She used to be really rude to Lisa but has backed off a bit.  Makes me wonder if the girls were thinking of leaving and maybe gave her an ultimatum!

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Who wouldn't know who Amy Roloff- Marek(?) is? Amy's adoring public would. No need to keep the Roloff name and not use Chris's last name too. When I remarried, I didn't keep my former married last name; I know I'm not famously known like Amy is but since she IS widely known, I think there would be no need not to include Chris's last name too. To me, it's a small sign of disrespect to Chris.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I don't think changing one's name after marriage has the impact or importance that it used to have.  Only one out of three of my children changed their name after marriage.  Amy did after the first marriage, but she's entitled to change her views three decades later as the world has changed in that time.  

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I honestly don't know if any man would be compatible with Amy.  I've thought about her quite a bit coming up to the wedding.  Trying to find some saving grace.

She's just so self centered and rude.  Her way or the highway.

She is completely different with Lisa and Deb then she is with Matt or Chris.I

She used to be really rude to Lisa but has backed off a bit.  Makes me wonder if the girls were thinking of leaving and maybe gave her an ultimatum!

She's mostly just completely narcissistic, which results in her being totally self-centered and selfish and, as a result, rude to others.  Good luck, Lisa, Deb, and Chris; hope you're being adequately compensated for putting up with Bighead.

5 hours ago, floridamom said:

To me, it's a small sign of disrespect to Chris.

You mean...yet another in a long and evolving list of signs of disrespect to Chris.

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, all4mom2 said:

You mean...yet another in a long and evolving list of signs of disrespect to Chris.

Or maybe Chris isn't hung up on the macho notion that when he marries a woman, she becomes his belonging complete with his ego needing his woman to take his name to prove to everyone that she now belongs to him?

Point - I can totally see Matt having this male notion of ownership. That's part of why he favors boys over girls. The boys are Roloffs! They will always bear Matt's name. The girls? They'll ultimately belong to some other man.  Matt certainly doesn't treat his daughter or his granddaughters as being on the same level.

• Love 9

You know, I was thinking of something. People seem pretty non-existent to Matt. Back in the olden days, Matt's friend Mike worked on the farm and was in a LOT of episodes, doing a lot of the technical aspects of the various projects. He was stated to be Matt's best pal and business partner and friend and.... as soon as he died, Matt has never mentioned Mike again. No reminiscing over how Mike helped with a project, no "Mike helped with this, I sure do miss him".

Then Pondo becomes Matt's best pal to where Matt is consulting him on his marriage on camera, and constantly mentioning Pondo and going over to Pondo's on his facebook. Then Pondo dies and we never hear Pondo mentioned ever again. 

Now Camarino didn't die but again... as soon as he's not available to do stuff for Matt, its like he never existed. Matt moves on very easily, Caryn should take note.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
41 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Oh maybe but still pretty noticeable, don't you think? A pattern. 

Can we use the "we don't see every move they make on the show" excuse for others? Or just Matt? 

Everyone! they are all jerks! no exceptions

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Really? Your best friend dies  - and Mike was cited as a best friend - and you never speak of the guy who helped you build the farm and who your kids saw as a father figure again? Not even when looking at the trebuchet that was still stained with his blood?

Or never speaking of the guy you called your "arms and legs" in court documents?

And poor Pondo - his restaurant is still open...

I don't know many people who have someone they theoretically care about leave their life and decide to never ever speak of them again because gosh darn it, time to move on.  Will Matt be applauded if he treats his parents this way?

I find it odd. Particularly concerning Mike. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Point - I can totally see Matt having this male notion of ownership. That's part of why he favors boys over girls. The boys are Roloffs! They will always bear Matt's name. The girls? They'll ultimately belong to some other man.  Matt certainly doesn't treat his daughter or his granddaughters as being on the same level.

I'm not sure I believe this.  Matt seems to have a very sweet relationship with Molly.  Over the course of the show there were numerous wonderful moments and he positively beamed when chatting about how smart Molly and how she had grown up to be a wonderful young lady.

We also never really saw sweet moments between Jacob and Matt, and he is male.  

Since the Jeremy clan aren't on the show, we really don't know how he interacts with Ember.  Yes, he does shower love on Jackson.  I expect that when Lilah outgrows being a baby and can engage a bit more that we'll see more moments between Matt and Lilah.

So if you told me that Matt put the farm or fame before his family, I'd agree with that.  And I believe that he probably cheated on Amy.  But if you tell me Matt is a chauvinist, I just don't see it.  He isn't all things evil, neither is Amy.

Edited by PDXlulu
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, PDXlulu said:

I'm not sure I believe this.  Matt seems to have a very sweet relationship with Molly.  Over the course of the show there were numerous wonderful moments and he positively beamed when chatting about how smart Molly and how she had grown up to be a wonderful young lady.

You don't have to believe it. But I think its pretty obvious that Molly was always a pretty little princess to Matt -a girl who would never be on the same level as the boys. Thats not to say Matt doesn't love Molly, he just doesn't expect much from girl children and that's why he's continually surprised that she accomplishes things. You can be sexist but still pleasant to your child.

5 minutes ago, PDXlulu said:

We also never really saw sweet moments between Jacob and Matt, and he was a boy.  

Jacob was not the golden boy. He was the one Matt was calling a sissy boy (yes this happened on camera, on the rv trip episodes) and who Matt pretty clearly liked the least. Matt's favoritism for Jeremy and the way the boys ranked from Jer on top to Jacob on the bottom was always on display. 

8 minutes ago, PDXlulu said:

Since the Jeremy clan aren't on the show, we really don't know how he interacts with Ember.  Yes, he does shower love on Jackson.  I expect that when Lilah outgrows being a baby and can engage a bit more that we'll see more moments between Matt and Lilah.

Matt literally frowned at Ember's gender reveal when he realized she would be a girl. He then turned to Zach and said "well, I guess Jackson is king of the farm now". Why was that? Because Ember ain't got no penis and Matt can't comprehend the idea of a girl being better than a boy at anything.  He does shower love on Jackson and its pretty noticable he doesn't shower love on Lilah the way he did Jackson at the same age. .

Being sexist isn't the same as being evil, but there's definetely sexist attitudes in the Roloff clan and they stem from Matt. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 9/1/2021 at 6:35 AM, Absolom said:

I don't think changing one's name after marriage has the impact or importance that it used to have.  Only one out of three of my children changed their name after marriage.  Amy did after the first marriage, but she's entitled to change her views three decades later as the world has changed in that time.  

Many many years ago I told my first husband when I divorced him that I was going back to my maiden name and he had a fit. I wound up thinking it would make things easier for kids if I kept their name. It didn’t stop me from putting a  “ No One Mrs me anymore “ bumper sticker on crap car he left me with while he took the newer safer car. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 8/31/2021 at 6:12 AM, all4mom2 said:

I see Matt posted something about being "honored" that A&C chose his farm for their wedding venue; it's too bad Amy didn't have the class to thank him publicly.

• The producers love to string along the audience.  This is a TV show.
  • Who really believes it was AMY's idea to get married on the farm?  This is a TV show.
  • And...viewers have no idea what AMY did or did not say "publicly," and perhaps never will.  This is a TV show.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 9/1/2021 at 7:29 PM, PDXlulu said:

So if you told me that Matt put the farm or fame before his family, I'd agree with that.  And I believe that he probably cheated on Amy.  But if you tell me Matt is a chauvinist, I just don't see it.  He isn't all things evil, neither is Amy.

This is one of those AGREE....DISAGREE comments.   Matt is the epitome of "male"chauvinist.

Just as putting the farm/fame before his family isn't exactly "evil," neither is being a male chauvinist.  Still, neither is exemplary.  Both should be corrected.  Matt probably spent too many formative years in pain, in hospitals, in physical therapy (and probably as an outsider)  to be a person with empathy.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 3
On 9/4/2021 at 9:09 AM, Back Atcha said:

Who really believes it was AMY's idea to get married on the farm?  This is a TV show.

Yeah, this was one of those things where I don't believe Matt was happy to volunteer the farm, and I don't believe Amy really wanted to accept. It screams of the show. Likewise when and if Matt and Caryn marry - I feel pretty certain if the show is still being made, there will be a wedding on the farm.

On 9/4/2021 at 9:16 AM, Back Atcha said:

Matt is the epitome of "male"chauvinist.

Yeah, have to agree. Remember back in the day when Jeremy was 18 or so and Matt was telling him to "go plow some fields" before he became an old goat? I kinda suspect his daughter didn't get the same lecture to fuck while she was young, if you get me. Likewise calling Jacob a "sissy boy" for crying and throwing a hissy fit when Jeremy was wearing an earring. 

On 9/4/2021 at 9:16 AM, Back Atcha said:

Matt probably spent too many formative years in pain, in hospitals, in physical therapy (and probably as an outsider)  to be a person with empathy.

I've often thought that Matt would really benefit from some therepy over his childhood. He's obviously got a lot of resentment bubbling over about it. 

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

IMO, Amy’s  wedding on the farm was producer driven, however, covid really dictated it. Still, Matt appeared to be genuinely happy to make things as wonderful as possible for them and did it enthusiastically.  

I'm sure the filming money made him positively gleeful.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Some people get paid to do a task, do a shitty job of it, and don't seem to give a hoot.  See: Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen.  Others get paid to do a task, give it their best effort to make something great, and take pride and satisfaction in the result, especially if it also gives others pleasure. 

Nothing wrong with that in my book.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 12