Type keyword(s) to search

Buddy vs. Duff - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Aaannnd...things have jut gotten as cringy as last season.    I'm no Buddy fan, but Duff isn't a saint.   Buddy's a sore loser, but Duff turning off his camera because things weren't working out was a petulant move.  I wouldn't be surprised if he took his ball and went home when he lost as a kid.   He whines that Buddy's cake isn't really a cake because it's so big.   Hello, from a cake perspective they did exactly the same thing:  shoved a bunch of cake in a wood form to make a carousel canopy.   Doesn't matter how it was put it; it was all inedible due to being in an uncovered wood form, splinters and all.   Duff's can barely called cake sometimes.   The aquarium cake from this season and the magic cake from last season, which arguably had the most egregious lack of cake in both seasons.   Buddy's arrogant but more often than not Duff is practically breaking his arm patting himself on the back for his creativity.  And the irony is, his contribution to a piece is usually the Rube Goldberg mechanics that cause them DRAMA while the artistic work comes from others on his team (and on Team Duff, Ralph is clearly the driving force).

I get that's Duff's style is artistic and Buddy's is BIG and that the two don't lend themselves to comparison.   But that's the show they signed up for.   Twice.   I didn't have sympathy for either of them last season and I sure as the hell don't this time around.   And if one or both of them got new shows--or just remained in Food Network's good graces--for doing this?  Even less sympathy.   No one put a gun to their head either time.  You don't make a deal with the devil and not expect him to collect.  If we all can figure out how the fix is in on every FN show ever, they sure as hell know the score.

Duff calling out the judges is straight up tacky.   There are two scenarios.  Either the judging is legit (stop laughing), in which case they just like Buddy's better for whatever reason.   When you're dealing with artistic creative endeavors, there's no right or wrong.   It's all opinion, and not everyone's opinion is going to align.   When you put your work out for someone to see, people are going to judge--whether you want them too or not.   If you actively put it out there for criticism, you better have a thick enough skin to deal with it.   The other option is, Buddy is the predetermined winner this season.   Which, see above.   This is not a shock to either participant.   You know the damn game, you signed up for it so don't start slamming the judges when you get butt hurt.  

I like the idea above of these guys doing this with mano e mano.  Nowhere to run ,no where to hide.   I'd also love to see Duff do this with someone's who style is more in line with what he deems "better".    I would love to see him take on some old school Challenge vets.   Bronwen Webber, Mike Caffrey or especially Karen Portaleo.  Hell, I'd even like to see him go up against Natalie from this year's team.   Lose the ringers, lose the excuses, bring back Keegan and Sherry (and add Kerri Vincent!) and see what we get.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Maverick said:

Duff calling out the judges is straight up tacky. 

As much as I like Duff, I have to agree.  I don't like the fake-y judging either but Duff shouldn't have said that in a public forum.  I kind of suspect he wouldn't have said that if he'd won.

2 hours ago, Maverick said:

I like the idea above of these guys doing this with mano e mano.  Nowhere to run ,no where to hide.   I'd also love to see Duff do this with someone's who style is more in line with what he deems "better".    I would love to see him take on some old school Challenge vets.   Bronwen Webber, Mike Caffrey or especially Karen Portaleo.  Hell, I'd even like to see him go up against Natalie from this year's team.   Lose the ringers, lose the excuses, bring back Keegan and Sherry (and add Kerri Vincent!) and see what we get.

I like this idea overall but I'm not sure how either of them would do without a team.  Duff's forte seems to be creative ideas and details like hand painting.  Buddy is a master of piping and he makes beautiful flowers and so on.  I really can't quite imagine either of them creating a work of art a la Karen Portaleo.  And yeah, Keegan, Kerry and Sherry would be a better judging team.  I do like Florian but he seems to be following the lead of the other two.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Matryoshka said:

I think you’re thinking of Natalie Sideserf, who is on Duff’s team this season. Her show was Texas Cake House.

Yes, that is the one! I loved watching that show, most of the time in disbelief! Her cakes were so realistic... Duff did good getting her. I love her sculpting! Thank you for "helping" me remember!!!

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Well dang, how did I miss Season 1? Duff is a home boy for me. I love him and his crew.

Season 1 showed his wedding in which he recreated the hanging cakes he made in last year’s Buddy vs Duff.  

• Love 1
On 4/27/2020 at 8:39 PM, Maverick said:

Aaannnd...things have jut gotten as cringy as last season.    I'm no Buddy fan, but Duff isn't a saint.   Buddy's a sore loser, but Duff turning off his camera because things weren't working out was a petulant move.  I wouldn't be surprised if he took his ball and went home when he lost as a kid.   He whines that Buddy's cake isn't really a cake because it's so big.   Hello, from a cake perspective they did exactly the same thing:  shoved a bunch of cake in a wood form to make a carousel canopy.   Doesn't matter how it was put it; it was all inedible due to being in an uncovered wood form, splinters and all.   Duff's can barely called cake sometimes.   The aquarium cake from this season and the magic cake from last season, which arguably had the most egregious lack of cake in both seasons.   Buddy's arrogant but more often than not Duff is practically breaking his arm patting himself on the back for his creativity.  And the irony is, his contribution to a piece is usually the Rube Goldberg mechanics that cause them DRAMA while the artistic work comes from others on his team (and on Team Duff, Ralph is clearly the driving force).

I get that's Duff's style is artistic and Buddy's is BIG and that the two don't lend themselves to comparison.   But that's the show they signed up for.   Twice.   I didn't have sympathy for either of them last season and I sure as the hell don't this time around.   And if one or both of them got new shows--or just remained in Food Network's good graces--for doing this?  Even less sympathy.   No one put a gun to their head either time.  You don't make a deal with the devil and not expect him to collect.  If we all can figure out how the fix is in on every FN show ever, they sure as hell know the score.

Duff calling out the judges is straight up tacky.   There are two scenarios.  Either the judging is legit (stop laughing), in which case they just like Buddy's better for whatever reason.   When you're dealing with artistic creative endeavors, there's no right or wrong.   It's all opinion, and not everyone's opinion is going to align.   When you put your work out for someone to see, people are going to judge--whether you want them too or not.   If you actively put it out there for criticism, you better have a thick enough skin to deal with it.   The other option is, Buddy is the predetermined winner this season.   Which, see above.   This is not a shock to either participant.   You know the damn game, you signed up for it so don't start slamming the judges when you get butt hurt.  

Table for 2 here.  I couldn't edit out any of your post because I agree with all of it equally.  I'm no fan of either of these guys.  I do have to say that going into this series I would have probably favored Duff over Buddy but with every episode I'm seeing that in his own way Duff is no better than Buddy when it comes to ego and arrogance.  He just expresses it in a less obvious way, which over 2 seasons now is becoming more obvious what with his turning around the camera as well as some of his other increasingly obvious reactions.  I usually try to keep my mind open to "changing sides" during these competitions but both of these guys have lost me now.  In fact, I'm having even more of a visceral and negative reaction to Duff now than Buddy if that's possible.  I would never have seen that coming into this on season 1 episode 1.  Of course, I never knew much about Duff but I had seen Buddy several times on other shows so Duff actually had the advantage.  And now I'm tossed on who I can't stand more.

As far as the cakes go, I thought they were pretty evenly matched in terms of pros and cons.  I don't know what the judges were going on with Duff's animals.  They were creative enough, but the paint job on them seemed to lack the finesse and detail of his former works.  They were right about Buddy's cake suffering from having too many pipes exposed that took away from the artistic effect.  Then again Duff didn't get dinged for turning his camera around.  I think the judges should have at least mentioned it during the judging.  I think some of the theories are right that they're giving Duff minor wins that still won't take an eventual season win away from Buddy so that they can squeeze another "redemption" season out of this mess.

One more thing - this gets under my skin and I have to mention it.  In defense of my home state, despite Knott's Berry Farm's claim that they are the oldest theme park in the US, according to Wikipedia that distinction rightfully belongs to Lake Compounce in Bristol, CT, not far from where I live, which has been in continuous operation since 1846.

• Love 2
(edited)

Well, no surprise as far as I am concerned... I figured coming into this that Buddy would win thus calling for a third season to declare a master winner. 

Count me out.

Edited by Gramto6
edit to add I won't be watching a 3rd season
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Buddy was the competitor on Beat Bobby Flay just now, doing a multi-tiered wedding cake, and spent a good chunk of his time laughing at Bobby's attempt at cake decorating. 

Well, that turned out just as people here predicted but, to my surprise, I wasn't unhappy about it.  The highlight of Duff's presentation was Yoda and his presentation was on the poor side even though elements of his plane were good.  Buddy's detail was less than crisp but he did a great job with his presentation.  Turning the partitions was a bit awkward but the overall effect was impressive.   

Natalie is very talented but I wanted to slap her when she was arguing with Sonny.  He was right and she was acting like a petulant teenager who wants everything her own way.

Buddy was fine on BBF.  He was good-natured with his razzing Bobby and he really is good at what he does.  Bobby's cake was pitiful.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, mlp said:

Well, that turned out just as people here predicted but, to my surprise, I wasn't unhappy about it.  The highlight of Duff's presentation was Yoda and his presentation was on the poor side even though elements of his plane were good.  Buddy's detail was less than crisp but he did a great job with his presentation.  Turning the partitions was a bit awkward but the overall effect was impressive.   

Natalie is very talented but I wanted to slap her when she was arguing with Sonny.  He was right and she was acting like a petulant teenager who wants everything her own way.

Buddy was fine on BBF.  He was good-natured with his razzing Bobby and he really is good at what he does.  Bobby's cake was pitiful.

Buddy's cake decoration was SO overdone even the judges commented so.  We get it, Buddy.  You can pipe frosting.  Yay, you. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Buddy was the competitor on Beat Bobby Flay just now, doing a multi-tiered wedding cake, and spent a good chunk of his time laughing at Bobby's attempt at cake decorating. 

Yeah but this is totally standard for that show, all the razzing and reality show "OOOOHH NO HE DIDN'Ts" from the audience and from that week's hosts.  It's kinda tiresome IMO but  I suppose you could argue that all of Food Network's shows are incredibly formulaic. 

• Love 2
On 4/20/2020 at 9:48 AM, Kohola3 said:

Absolutely.  Duff's was what a putt putt golf course looks like. Buddy's was a monument to himself.  Get real here.

I think this thing is all weighted in favor of Buddy so he'll win this year.  SO fake.

On 4/22/2020 at 5:32 PM, mlp said:

I'd like to know where the 26 (?) cakes Buddy made were.  There were about half a dozen on the "storefront" and another 6 that I could see along the edges of the path.  I couldn't see the rest of them anywhere.

Duff's sculptures looked good but he spent so much time on the mechanics that his presentation suffered.

Last night I was half ass watching a recap show of the previous episodes. There were clips of Duff and Geoff and Buddy and his guy talking about the episodes. I swear Buddy said he made like 45 cupcakes in addition to the 26 cakes and the cupcakes were  to signify how many years his bakery had been doing something, I can't remember what. But seriously WTF? He built a cake stand for his shop, a statue of himself, and then matched the number of cupcakes for his own accomplishment? And this was for the mini golf place how? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

All of us knew even before this season began that Buddy was going to be the winner. We also know there will definitely be a 3rd season. 

I found it interesting that Buddy whose style is usually to go big, went much smaller scale for this challenge. While Duff, who usually goes smaller to get detail work done, went larger scale. 

The work Natalie did on Yoda was phenomenal! It was nice that Ralph saw Natalie's hair technique for Yoda and was wow-ed. Teams learning from each other makes all of them better. 

I liked Team Duff's presentation more. Loved how the X-wing fighter separated its wings ready for flight. One thing I'd like Duff to do is STOP telling us about the electronics not working. Every episode there is angst and whining about the same thing. They should be masters at this by now since this is what they do. But, no. They need to buck it up, do it and get it right. Get Geof and others some electrical training before next season.

Team Buddy - Using the forklift to raise the Millennium Falcon up and down during the presentation felt like a cheat. 

• Love 3

Natalie's work was amazing and I liked Ralph's reaction to it.   He's the only one on Team Buddy who shows any genuine appreciation for the other team.   He's obviously got that competitiveness and bravado everyone else from Carlo's does but overall I think he's a decent guy and seems generally likable (that stupid cock's comb hair coloring notwithstanding).  

Um, why was it just the dudes talking the tour of Galaxy's Edge?   Newsflash Food Network, girls like Star Wars too.   It was bad enough that none of the women were on the tour, but then they had dinner in the park and started talking about the challenge.  It reeked of the womenfolk having to stay home and not be let out of the kitchen.

Gee show, thanks for flashing that note up about the presentation being "Previously Filmed".   I really thought in the last 24 hours California lifted all it's social distancing orders, Disneyland restaffed and reopened, Buddy and Duff and their crews flew back to Orange County, cranked out their cakes and were presenting them live with the 8th skill---disinfection!    But then these are the people who think we believe this show is on the up and up, so...

• LOL 4
8 hours ago, Maverick said:

Gee show, thanks for flashing that note up about the presentation being "Previously Filmed". 

I will give them a pass on this. They were probably trying to forestall any letter writing or FB posting backlash about safety and ignoring rules.

• Love 3

I'm continually surprised by people not realizing how far in advanced things are filmed and edited. I'll read something about the show obviously listening to viewers and changing something, when that episode was filmed and edited months before airing and anyone had a chance to comment on it. I agree that they would be getting a ton of hate mail and comments about not social distancing by some viewers.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So Season 1 was Duff, Season 2 was Buddy, so when do they start filming Season 3?   

If we are really lucky...never!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

This whole Buddy vs. Makers concept is strange.   Comparing cake to non-cake displays doesn't seem to make much sense.  At least there's not that weird hater / sore loser vibe from the Duff version. 

This week was annoying listening to them talk about "bricks" since they obviously weren't allowed to say Lego (although they slipped at least once).   All but one of the guys on competitor team were on Lego Masters but I don't think they came off looking too experienced when they severely underestimated the numbers of bricks they would need.   Neither effort was particularly good.  The Lego piece had a printed backdrop (I don't think where that came from was.ever addressed) and the piece (knock off Optimus Prime) was lackluster.   Buddy on the other hand slapped some fondant on a golf cart which was a huge WTF.   Um, that not am edible display.  

Edited by Maverick
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Maverick said:

This whole Buddy vs. Makers concept is strange.   Comparing cake to non-cake displays doesn't seem to make much sense.

I agree.  I do like to see how things are done though.  I enjoyed watching the glass blowers last week.  I had no idea that skill was so, um, industrial - for lack of a better word.  I'm looking forward to the animatronics people next week.

• Love 1

I'm noticing how the atmosphere is a lot more congenial between Buddy and the artisans he is competing with this season than it was with Duff.  I don't think the two of them liked each other very much.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I'm noticing how the atmosphere is a lot more congenial between Buddy and the artisans he is competing with this season than it was with Duff.  I don't think the two of them liked each other very much.

I think it's more the artisans work in a different medium. Buddy doesn't have to get bent out of shape if they're better because they aren't working in cake. He is still the master of baking. I didn't agree with last night's results. Buddy's had nothing to do with Santa's workshop and hardly any of it was cake. They just happen to have conveyor belts lying around the bakery? Buddy knew the judges liked color so had an advantage. He ended up going 3-1, only the glass blowers beat him? I guess I prefer this format since it is more congenial and we don't have to see a sore loser.

4 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Buddy's had nothing to do with Santa's workshop and hardly any of it was cake. They just happen to have conveyor belts lying around the bakery?

I didn't have a problem with the workshop part but I agree that most of Buddy's structures every competition haven't been cake.  I also wondered about the conveyor belt.  Buddy has a "factory" somewhere that mass produces baked goods so maybe that's where it came from.  You certainly wouldn't find something like that in an ordinary bakery.  

I think the animatronics display took more skill and know how but it was so beige that it wasn't very exciting to look at.  The animated characters got lost against the background.

• Love 2
On 12/14/2020 at 3:40 PM, mlp said:

I didn't have a problem with the workshop part but I agree that most of Buddy's structures every competition haven't been cake.  I also wondered about the conveyor belt.  Buddy has a "factory" somewhere that mass produces baked goods so maybe that's where it came from.  You certainly wouldn't find something like that in an ordinary bakery.  

I think the animatronics display took more skill and know how but it was so beige that it wasn't very exciting to look at.  The animated characters got lost against the background.

I agree, but I figure that in order to compete Buddy has to let the cake take a back seat on the structures he's building, but I did think it was ingenious to have actual cakes going up and down the conveyer belt.  I enjoyed this episode more than any other because it was very interesting to see how animatronics are made.  Plus Nasti and his crew were very colorful characters.  I LOLed when he called Buddy, "Paesan".

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Marisagf said:

Food Network cake competition “Buddy vs. Duff” is back Sunday, July 18 at 9p.

I've been wondering how Buddy has been doing with rehab on his injured hand.  He must have enough function back to compete.  

18 minutes ago, mlp said:

I've been wondering how Buddy has been doing with rehab on his injured hand.  He must have enough function back to compete.  

I don't watch/read anything related to Buddy...how did he injure his hand?

2 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

how did he injure his hand?

In an awful accident.  He has a two-lane bowling alley in the basement of his house.  He was trying to fix something in the mechanism of the pin setter and a metal rod went right through his hand and did a lot of damage.  He ended up with a specialist in NYC and had several surgeries followed by extensive rehab.  The last time I saw him on some show, he was worried that he'd never be able to use a piping bag again because he couldn't squeeze with any pressure.  That was months ago so I imagine he's made progress since then.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, mlp said:

In an awful accident.  He has a two-lane bowling alley in the basement of his house.  He was trying to fix something in the mechanism of the pin setter and a metal rod went right through his hand and did a lot of damage.  He ended up with a specialist in NYC and had several surgeries followed by extensive rehab.  The last time I saw him on some show, he was worried that he'd never be able to use a piping bag again because he couldn't squeeze with any pressure.  That was months ago so I imagine he's made progress since then.

Thanks for that. Very  scary stuff. Hope he heals well and quickly.

Season 3 is off to a good start. All the animals were phenomenal! And there's a more congenial relationship between the teams. Buddy's team spent too much time on those flowers. Could have used the time on the rhino. When I think safari, I don't think flowers. And I wasn't wowed by the water. Duff could have used a little blood or a claw mark on the antelope. The judging was a unique set up. Definitely recognized some of the judges from other shows. Pretty fair way to determine a winner.

• Love 3

I noticed both guys were much less pouty and there was less smack talk.   Whether it's in the editing or the guys were told to be on better behavior I'm not sure, but it was clear someone finally realized how cringeworthy their attitude was making things.

I thought it was interesting that Duff went for the big, life-sized piece.   I wonder if that's another change that they have to do similar (whether it will always be big Buddy-style or if they'll alternate with Duff's smaller/detailed/abstract style I'm not sure).

I really didn't like the judges last year so I guess this setup is better.  I'd still prefer Kegan and Sherry Yard back though.   I don't trust that there's not shenanigans in voting, though.   FN can drop in any average they want unless all 50 judges got together and compared notes.  And a lot of them have been on FN competition shows.  One of them even worked for Buddy for a while after winning a show to get a job at Carlo's.

I have to think this is the last go around for this show.  I'm actually not sure why they even wanted to do this season given what's going on in their lives and neither seemed to enjoy doing it.  FN must have thrown a lot of money at them.  

• Love 3

I don't think that having a new baby is at all equivalent to what Buddy has gone through but I suppose the producers wanted to match up hurdles somehow and that's what they had to work with.  Duff's baby is really cute.

I thought Buddy's display was better than Duff's in a lot of respects so I was quite surprised when Duff won.  

The shots of the judges went by so fast that I couldn't make out who most of them were.  I'd like to see a still picture or even a list of the judges and the states they're from so I can see if I recognize any of them.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mlp said:

I don't think that having a new baby is at all equivalent to what Buddy has gone through but I suppose the producers wanted to match up hurdles somehow and that's what they had to work with.  Duff's baby is really cute.

I haven’t seen it yet, but did they really try to equate “my wife had a baby and I am tired” with “I physically damaged my hand and had to relearn how to use a piping bag”?!?!?

13 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

I haven’t seen it yet, but did they really try to equate “my wife had a baby and I am tired” with “I physically damaged my hand and had to relearn how to use a piping bag”?!?!?

No. It wasn't shown as any kind of contest. More of a "what has been happening" moment. Nobody insinuated that one had it harder than the other.

I really like the toned down competition. It was a lot more enjoyable to just concentrate on the skills shown.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Maverick said:

I have to think this is the last go around for this show.  

I'd watch Natalie versus Ralph. They are both so talented and seem to be the power behind the figureheads.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Grizzly said:

I'd watch Natalie versus Ralph. They are both so talented and seem to be the power behind the figureheads.

I know the point of this show is to see the CRAZY MASSIVE CAKES but part of me would rather see just Buddy vs just Duff.  That way you get more of a sense of their actual individual talents and less about the quality of the team they can pull together.

How about Natalie + Ralph team up against Buddy + Duff.  Now there's a real contest!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ruffy666 said:

How about Natalie + Ralph team up against Buddy + Duff.  Now there's a real contest!

I'd watch that. It would be two talented artists relying on their work rather than their fame to see them through a competition, but I wonder if Duff and Buddy could actually work together or let their egos and clashing styles sabotage the quality of their entries. 

• Love 2

Buddy's team was clearly going to win tonight. Didn't like Duff's concept or execution. Anna and Ralph were the mvps. That horse was amazing, I loved her technique for the mane. And the crystal details Anna added was something Buddy wouldn't have thought of. Ralph made a great face as always.

This second hour is kind of what we wanted, no Buddy or Duff.

• Love 2

Buddy definitely deserved his win tonight IMO.  Duff's display was clearly a lot of exacting work but it was sort of boring with no color.  I thought the trees looked really amateurish.  

The best side of Buddy's display was toward the cameras, not the judges.  I wonder if they turned the displays off camera so the judging panel could see them from all sides.

Each team did a good job with the circus theme in the second hour but, again, I thought Buddy's crew earned their win.  Ralph must have been exhausted because he barely reacted when the winner was announced.

• Love 2

Just popping in to say that I thought Buddy should have won last week.  Duff should have looked at some photographs or videos of lions hunting their prey before doing his "cake" because it just didn't have that certain something it should have had to make if feel more realistic.  I haven't watched this week's episode yet.

• Love 2

I thought Duff's cake lacked color. He should have made it looked aged, it was too white. Buddys horse was amazing! I didnt get to see the second show where it was just the teams competing, I had to go to stupid work, maybe they will show it again next week. 

• Love 1

When Ralph said the legionnaire's face with that strong cleft chin looked like Kurt Russell, I thought he had to mean Kirk Douglas as in Spartacus.  It didn't resemble either one of them, though.  Maybe cartoon character Kirk Douglas, but not the real one.

This challenge seemed to be designed for Buddy's strengths.  It almost felt like Duff handed the win to Buddy.  I expected more from Duff to be honest.  His piece was a little underwhelming.  Buddy and his team outdid themselves.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

When Ralph said the legionnaire's face with that strong cleft chin looked like Kurt Russell, I thought he had to mean Kirk Douglas as in Spartacus.  It didn't resemble either one of them, though.  Maybe cartoon character Kirk Douglas, but not the real one.

This challenge seemed to be designed for Buddy's strengths.  It almost felt like Duff handed the win to Buddy.  I expected more from Duff to be honest.  His piece was a little underwhelming.  Buddy and his team outdid themselves.

I agree with you about the legionnaire's face. And I agree with you about the win. I also think each challenge is designed to let each team show off their strengths. Duff's cake was lacking, definitely. But yah, it did come off as Duff handing over the win to Buddy. I think it's all scripted anyhow. It'll be fun to see the cakes that they come up with though.

26 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

I agree with you about the legionnaire's face. And I agree with you about the win. I also think each challenge is designed to let each team show off their strengths. Duff's cake was lacking, definitely. But yah, it did come off as Duff handing over the win to Buddy. I think it's all scripted anyhow. It'll be fun to see the cakes that they come up with though.

I can see why you think it's scripted at this point.  It's no coincidence that they're in a tie and trying to break it with this season.  I wonder if they will still end up in a tie so neither of them has to be the loser.

• Love 1