Type keyword(s) to search

Leaving Neverland

• Start Topic

I think, on some level, Paris must know the things people have said about her father must be true.

She will defend him until the end of time, but I think, deep down, she knows he was inappropriate with children, even if she will never make the leap to think that he was an actual pedophile.  Paris and her brothers did not have anything close to resembling a "normal" life with Michael Jackson as their father, and Paris, for all her faults, does not strike me as an unintelligent person.  There has to be something inside her that knows, and I think that has contributed to her mental health issues.  Of course, the Jacksons are going to blame the documentary for this latest episode/attempt, just like I knew they would, because they buried their heads in the sand years ago, and they are not going to listen to reason, ever.  Excluding Janet, they are all a bunch of lost causes.  To hell with them.

Funny how the Jackson family and the Stans are pointing at the documentary for all of Paris's troubles, conveniently overlooking the fact that her life on this earth started with her biological mother selling her to Michael goddamn Jackson.  NO ONE with that kind of start in life is going to end up "okay".  I have always said that having children of his own was one of the most selfish things MJ ever did, and I still believe that.  In the Bashir doc, MJ admits to walking around Neverland holding baby dolls, because he wanted children, so much.  That isn't adorable, that is alarming.  That tells me that MJ viewed having kids as some sort of fun little project, like he had a toy of his very own that no one could ever take away from him.  First and foremost, they were HIS.  This is the kind of environment Paris and her brothers were raised in, and it wasn't some enchanted fairy land, it was FUCKED UP.  Michael Jackson created a world that no sane person would ever want to live in, for long.  It's all so messy and sad.

Anyway, I don't particularly like Paris, but I do hope she gets the help she needs, and that she stops using social media and leaves her crazy, toxic family in the dust.  I hope she abandons any dreams she has about being a singer, too, because that is probably the worst thing she could ever do.  I know she's talked about wanting to be a star since she was a little girl, but really, she should probably move to Montana and raise goats, or something, because I foresee a horrifying, Lindsay Lohan burnout if she chooses the Hollywood path.  It won't be pretty.

• Love 24
5 hours ago, Shakma said:

I think, on some level, Paris must know the things people have said about her father must be true.

She will defend him until the end of time, but I think, deep down, she knows he was inappropriate with children, even if she will never make the leap to think that he was an actual pedophile.  Paris and her brothers did not have anything close to resembling a "normal" life with Michael Jackson as their father, and Paris, for all her faults, does not strike me as an unintelligent person.  There has to be something inside her that knows, and I think that has contributed to her mental health issues.  Of course, the Jacksons are going to blame the documentary for this latest episode/attempt, just like I knew they would, because they buried their heads in the sand years ago, and they are not going to listen to reason, ever.  Excluding Janet, they are all a bunch of lost causes.  To hell with them.

Funny how the Jackson family and the Stans are pointing at the documentary for all of Paris's troubles, conveniently overlooking the fact that her life on this earth started with her biological mother selling her to Michael goddamn Jackson.  NO ONE with that kind of start in life is going to end up "okay".  I have always said that having children of his own was one of the most selfish things MJ ever did, and I still believe that.  In the Bashir doc, MJ admits to walking around Neverland holding baby dolls, because he wanted children, so much.  That isn't adorable, that is alarming.  That tells me that MJ viewed having kids as some sort of fun little project, like he had a toy of his very own that no one could ever take away from him.  First and foremost, they were HIS.  This is the kind of environment Paris and her brothers were raised in, and it wasn't some enchanted fairy land, it was FUCKED UP.  Michael Jackson created a world that no sane person would ever want to live in, for long.  It's all so messy and sad.

Anyway, I don't particularly like Paris, but I do hope she gets the help she needs, and that she stops using social media and leaves her crazy, toxic family in the dust.  I hope she abandons any dreams she has about being a singer, too, because that is probably the worst thing she could ever do.  I know she's talked about wanting to be a star since she was a little girl, but really, she should probably move to Montana and raise goats, or something, because I foresee a horrifying, Lindsay Lohan burnout if she chooses the Hollywood path.  It won't be pretty.

Great summary, Shakma. Always on the nose. And to add my two cents, an article about Michael Jackson's empire.

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, doodlebug said:

As his kid,I don't think she ought to see the documentary if she doesn't want to.  Even then, she would probably take the party line with the rest of the family and feel it wasn't true.  I do think she has some very deep psychologic problems, and, unfortunately, she is surrounded by family members (with the probable exception of her brothers) who put their own selfish needs ahead of hers and are more than happy to exploit her mental health issues.  In other words, I think her immediate family doesn't want her to get into a better place and stop with the suicide attempts, etc.

Any kid raised by a guy like MJ, with all his delusions and faux self-pity, was bound to get screwed up, IMO.  There's a reason he kept his kids isolated from their mothers and even from the rest of the family, just like he did his victims. He needed them to be all about MJ, 24/7.

Agree with your first statement, but the mere fact that she was raised by narcissistic man/child is a good reason why she should see exactly what he was capable of and who he really was, because all her 'fuck-yous' on social media make me wonder if she's starting to doubt MJ's Peter Pan image too.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

Agree with your first statement, but the mere fact that she was raised by narcissistic man/child is a good reason why she should see exactly what he was capable of and who he really was, because all her 'fuck-yous' on social media make me wonder if she's starting to doubt MJ's Peter Pan image too.

Exactly. And Paris should know that Wade was there for Michael way before and after she was born. He was present during the allegations, the 2005 trial, visits, and his memorial, for God’s sakes.   Paris is not stupid at all. She plays a front to appease her family, but her eyes says that she knows as well. There is no ifs and buts about it. She saw what no child should see. Even when we saw a clip of her when she was just a girl on the documentary, it is the same look she has now as a young woman.

• Love 9

Another video of La Toya speaking out against MJ. You can tell she was honest about how she felt. It so sad that she felt she had to retract her words so that she could rejoin the Jackson fold after getting out of her abusive relationship.  I get it, and can't say I wouldn't have done the same.

La Toya, we see you. It took us a couple decades to catch up, but we see you.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12

I just saw that Bashir doc.  Was Jackson high through the whole thing, or what?  At no time did I think he was being truthful about anything, or was in any condition to be around children.  Trying to feed "blanket" with a  bottle on his jittery legs, and holding him over the balcony, it's like kids were just dolls for him to play with.

It's mind boggling that anyone can view both Leaving Neverland and the Bashir doc and somehow decide that everyone is lying.

jackson2bbb.jpg.6cd80d597906a530f79bbc7339221865.jpg

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Razzberry said:

I just saw that Bashir doc.  Was Jackson high through the whole thing, or what?  At no time did I think he was being truthful about anything, or was in any condition to be around children.  Trying to feed "blanket" with a  bottle on his jittery legs, and holding him over the balcony, it's like kids were just dolls for him to play with.

It's mind boggling that anyone can view both Leaving Neverland and the Bashir doc and somehow decide that everyone is lying.

jackson2bbb.jpg.6cd80d597906a530f79bbc7339221865.jpg

Yeah, he was probably high the whole time. I remember when I first saw the interview that I thought his affect was weird and kinda flat. I watched it again after his death and the revelation that he was abusing drugs and pulling them in from just about every pharmacy in a 20 mile radius under various false names and it all clicked into place. I was like, "Oh, yeah. He's just stoned out of his mind here."

1 hour ago, ari333 said:

They tried to cover that hanging the child out the window as some African  ritual

Whut? Honestly, the mental gymnastics his fans perform to excuse his behavior are mind-boggling.

Edited by Kostgard
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, ari333 said:

They tried to cover that hanging the child out the window as some African  ritual.

I seem to recall that there were those who equated it to the opening scenes of the Lion King when the tribal elder held baby Simba up for the rest of the animals to see.  Patently ridiculous.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

seem to recall that there were those who equated it to the opening scenes of the Lion King when the tribal elder held baby Simba up for the rest of the animals to see.  

I doubt very much if the tribal elder was heavily medicated. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I doubt very much if the tribal elder was heavily medicated. 

Well, it was a Disney film, they don't go for that kind of stuff.

In the movie, the baboon (I think?) didn't dangle the baby a couple stories in the air, either, he held him over his head.  He also didn't put a blanket over his head first, which would seem to negate the idea that MJ was trying to let everyone see the kid.  Au contraire.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 8

One thing that strikes me is that even if you want to say that both men are lying about the sexual abuse...it should be obvious that the emotional abuse of having this intensely close relationship with MJ and then having it removed without any explanation was serious all by itself.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Robert Lynch said:

Now this ex-bodyguard says MJ was into women. We are entering the twilight zone, people.

Yeah.....no. I'm not buying that. I am a huge Elvis fan but even I found it ridiculous when Priscilla pushed that she was a virgin on her wedding night, because she and Elvis spent spent 7 - S E V E N - years 'heavy petting' Yeah. Nope. I can just see the Jackson family saying to a former employee "so here is $5, go tell the media you and Michael talked about....chicks and how hot they were. Yeah yeah, that's the ticket."

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

Now this ex-bodyguard says MJ was into women. We are entering the twilight zone, people.

Yeah, that means next to nothing. Sure, he liked “locker room talk” - Wade said that MJ constantly asked him for details about Britney and the women he was dating.

Also, even if he dated women regularly that doesn’t mean he didn’t also abuse young boys. 

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Kostgard said:

Also, even if he dated women regularly that doesn’t mean he didn’t also abuse young boys. 

Yeah a lot of pedophiles are married to women even when their preferred victims are boys. 

• Love 11
On 3/12/2019 at 9:46 AM, lovinbob said:

Honestly, thinking about how recently people have defended Polanski--it is freaking insane. 

I have been thinking about this a lot. Even having been horrified by this documentary, I find it easy to separate the music from Michael's crimes. But for some reason, movies by people like Woody Allen feel different for me. I guess because they feel so autobiographical and reflective of Woody Allen's twisted world view (thinking specifically about Manhattan, which completely creeps me out).

Agree with you about Woody and Polanski. Woody plays the same person (himself) in all of his films. Never understood why he was considered a film genius. I was into MJ's music back in elementary school during the Thriller says, but after that, I got more hair metal and didn't pay much attention to his life or music.

I really hope Wade can continue to be successful in his career. I grew up taking dance and understand that love of the art. What is James' profession? I seem to remember him being an artist of some sort? I saw that he was in a band but don't remember hearing about that again, but I have an hour left of part two.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Atlanta said:

Agree with you about Woody and Polanski. Woody plays the same person (himself) in all of his films. Never understood why he was considered a film genius. I was into MJ's music back in elementary school during the Thriller says, but after that, I got more hair metal and didn't pay much attention to his life or music.

I really hope Wade can continue to be successful in his career. I grew up taking dance and understand that love of the art. What is James' profession? I seem to remember him being an artist of some sort? I saw that he was in a band but don't remember hearing about that again, but I have an hour left of part two.

I believe James and his wife work in software development, and, from what I've heard, are quite successful at it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

I believe James and his wife work in software development, and, from what I've heard, are quite successful at it.

It's good to know he has success there. 

On a lighter note, James could have a career in modeling. He was really a good looking guy with a lot of charisma. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, ari333 said:

MJ had me fooled until the Bashir interview which gave me the creepy chills. That did it for me. Who was that child sitting beside him? TIA

Just now, Robert Lynch said:

It was Gavin Avizo.

The boy in the second lawsuit. 

• Love 5

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8299370/michael-jackson-oral-sex-jacuzzi-jordan-chandler/

Wait.

There WAS a witness to MJ having sex with Jordan Chandler?

The ex-employee made the explosive claims as a prosecution witness in Jackson’s 2005 molestation trial – for which the King of Pop was acquitted.

Mr Chacon said: "I saw them standing in the nude. They were facing each other. I saw Mr Jackson was caressing the boy's hair. He was kissing him on his face and lips.

"He went down, he started sucking his nipples. He started going down to his penis and started putting it in his mouth."

Mr Chacon was asked by District Attorney Tom Sneddon how Jackson was kissing Jordan.

He replied: "Very passionate. In his mouth."

Asked where the singer's hands were at the time, he said: "They were all over his body."

Mr Chacon, who worked at Neverland from 1991 to 1994, told the court in Santa Maria, California, that the incident occurred in late 1992 to early 1993.

He said he saw Jackson and Jordan, also known as Jordy, going to the Jacuzzi and later to the changing room.

He started going down to his penis and started putting it in his mouth

I didn't know that, but no wonder MJ paid out the 20 million to Chandler if so.  Was this ever recanted?

I know absolutely nothing about this guy.  Ralph Chacon, former employee.

Reading this one now about witnesses, found when I googled his name.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/03/michael-jackson-leaving-neverland-allegations-staff-friends-family

Edited by Umbelina
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Umbelina said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8299370/michael-jackson-oral-sex-jacuzzi-jordan-chandler/

Wait.

There WAS a witness to MJ having sex with Jordan Chandler?

I didn't know that, but no wonder MJ paid out the 20 million to Chandler if so.  Was this ever recanted?

I know absolutely nothing about this guy.  Ralph Chacon, former employee.

https://themichaeljacksonallegations.com/2016/12/26/the-prosecutions-witnesses-ralph-chacon-kassim-abdool-and-adrian-mcmanus/

• Useful 2

So from the Vanity Fair article, a lot of people say they saw things, but they tried for money so were discredited, or were about to be fired (maybe because MJ knew they saw something is not clarified.)

I watched a YouTube with one maid who saw things and was fired for "stealing."  She said she was emptying trash and took some drawings MJ had made but then thrown away, so she didn't think that was "stealing" since they were in the trash.

Jermaine's comment was interesting though, and no, I absolutely don't believe La Toya was forced into her comments about MJ by her husband.  Although she is an obvious liar since her story continually changed, the way those words came out and her entire demeanor when she outed MJ seemed very real to me, spontaneous in parts, not rehearsed.  I think it's much more likely "the family" paid her off to recount.

• Love 10

MJ was really fucked up. That doesn't excuse his crimes. It is sad all the way around

Was he castrated with chemicals by his father to keep his voice high?? Was he put on  a hot stove by his father? Something was really fucked up. Are his kids his bio kids? 

Edited by ari333
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

It's good to know he has success there. 

On a lighter note, James could have a career in modeling. He was really a good looking guy with a lot of charisma. 

He is classically handsome. 

I hope Wade finds big success in the dance/choreography world again. Are the two men close? On one hand, they are one of the few people who understand what the other went through, but they may also not want to be triggered.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Atlanta said:

He is classically handsome. 

I hope Wade finds big success in the dance/choreography world again. Are the two men close? On one hand, they are one of the few people who understand what the other went through, but they may also not want to be triggered.

They said they only met twice as kids, at events at Neverland attended by a lot of other kids.  They didn't meet again until after Safechuck came forward with his allegations after finding out about Robson's suit.  Even then, their lawyers kept them apart for quite awhile so they couldn't be accused of collaborating and coordinating their testimony.  Also, Safechuck still lives in southern California while Robson has lived in Hawaii for a number of years since coming forward.  Their parts of the documentary were recorded separately so that each could tell his story in his own way and they wouldn't be influenced by one another.  I don't think they spent any significant time together until the film premiered at Sundance, so if they've become close, it has happened very recently.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Their parts of the documentary were recorded separately so that each could tell his story in his own way and they wouldn't be influenced by one another

Wow, good plan. It's so much more powerful if they barely knew each other yet told such similar stories. 

• Love 5

Just a small portion of a very long post I found on the Jackson Source Facebook page (from the Estate):

"We want to start by again thanking all of Michael’s fans and acknowledge and thank Michael’s nephew, Taj, his niece, Brandi, and his brothers, Jackie, Marlon and Tito, Grace Rwaramba, Aaron Carter, Brett Barnes, Stephanie Mills and all of the other individuals around the world who have spoken out on his behalf. We also want to acknowledge those in the media who have done their job as journalists by reviewing the facts, noting how they were ignored in Leaving Neverland because it didn’t fit into the filmmaker’s one-sided agenda of denigrating Michael’s legacy."

Sounds like the bolded names are the ONLY famous ones who have publicly defended MJ. No Jermaine, Randy, the sisters, or Katherine (I know she's not well, though). Very telling, if you ask me...

Edited by Catgyrl
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Catgyrl said:

Just a small portion of a very long post I found on the Jackson Source Facebook page (from the Estate):

"We want to start by again thanking all of Michael’s fans and acknowledge and thank Michael’s nephew, Taj, his niece, Brandi, and his brothers, Jackie, Marlon and Tito, Grace Rwaramba, Aaron Carter, Brett Barnes, Stephanie Mills and all of the other individuals around the world who have spoken out on his behalf. We also want to acknowledge those in the media who have done their job as journalists by reviewing the facts, noting how they were ignored in Leaving Neverland because it didn’t fit into the filmmaker’s one-sided agenda of denigrating Michael’s legacy."

Sounds like the bolded names are the ONLY famous ones who have publicly defended MJ. No Jermaine, Randy, the sisters, or Katherine (I know she's not well, though). Very telling, if you ask me...

Stephanie Mills, I am totally disappointed in you. At least Stevie Wonder has dignity left.

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Love 2

I don't know about his singing ability, but I could have easily have seen tween/teen Jimmy on The New Mickey Mouse Club or other various circa 1989-1995 kid programming shows for Disney/Nickelodeon.

As for modeling, I can kind of see it, but I don't think his 20-something look was really "in" for the early 2000's. That era wanted tan cornfed Abercrombie jocks or bulked up urbanwear types ala Channing Tatum. He was more pale lanky kind of nerdy rocker type.

On 3/17/2019 at 5:01 PM, Shakma said:

I remember as soon as Paris made her "moment" at the funeral in '09 and her beautiful little face was broadcast to the world,  I thought her life was just going to be fuucccckkkked. I hate to compliment anything MJ did, but the weird mask shit he did really kept his kids as anonymous as they could have been.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

I don't know about his singing ability, but I could have easily have seen tween/teen Jimmy on The New Mickey Mouse Club or other various circa 1989-1995 kid programming shows for Disney/Nickelodeon.

As for modeling, I can kind of see it, but I don't think his 20-something look was really "in" for the early 2000's. That era wanted tan cornfed Abercrombie jocks or bulked up urbanwear types ala Channing Tatum. He was more pale lanky kind of nerdy rocker type.

I remember as soon as Paris made her "moment" at the funeral in '09 and her beautiful little face was broadcast to the world,  I thought her life was just going to be fuucccckkkked. I hate to compliment anything MJ did, but the weird mask shit he did really kept his kids as anonymous as they could have been.

Definitely not when James peaked in his 20s, but I was shocked that he was briefly an assistant to MJ in the mid 1990s during his marriage to Lisa Marie Presley. I thought his time with MJ was during the Bad era. I know Wade was much longer than James due to the MJ connection and the choreography he did for most of his videos, but always thought it was a neat contrast  to Wade's VS Jame's lives. I never knew James was in a punk band at all. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, ari333 said:

Was he castrated with chemicals by his father to keep his voice high??

He faked that voice much like Elizabeth Holmes fakes her low voice. It's what sociopaths do it seems. 

And until evidence surfaces that suggests he really was "chemically castrated," I'm chalking that bit of nonsense up to more Jackson folklore. 

5 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

(snipped)

I wondered why they unmasked the kids. I know it was weird, but it was MJ's wish and it kind of outed the kids . Do we know if he was the sperm donor of those kids?

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Do we know if he was the sperm donor of those kids?

I find it hard to believe that he was,just based on appearance. This could be one of the most baffling things about him. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

Definitely not when James peaked in his 20s, but I was shocked that he was briefly an assistant to MJ in the mid 1990s during his marriage to Lisa Marie Presley. I thought his time with MJ was during the Bad era. I know Wade was much longer than James due to the MJ connection and the choreography he did for most of his videos, but always thought it was a neat contrast  to Wade's VS Jame's lives. I never knew James was in a punk band at all. 

Yeah, he was with MJ briefly at around age 16 as a “reward” for testifying in the Jordy Chandler case. He took him on the trip to Budapest with Lisa Marie, bought him a car, encouraged the whole film directing thing, also encouraged him to drop out of AP math, etc.

James said the sexual abuse stopped at 14, but MJ kept him around for a bit longer (like he did Wade) until communication faded away and then James severed it completely when he refused to testify in 2005.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Robert Lynch said:

Okay, first the other bodyguard who worked for him just only 2 years claiming he liked women and this other one claiming the documentary left key details? How about.....$$$$$ from the estate to hire these clowns to lie? It makes sense.

There's really so little actual info in the article. "The accusers are suing the estate." "I never saw anything." Well, I'm convinced. 😁

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

It really comes down to one thing.

What adult man sleeps with little boys every single night?

Not one person from his "estate" disputes that fact.  He's slept with hundreds of little boys since he moved out of his mother's house.

It's ridiculous and frankly scary that so many of his "fans" are twisting themselves into knots to defend him.  I get the "family" doing that, they are still sucking on MJ's money, included in the will or not, there is money to be made there, simply by using the *unblemished* name.

As for Paris?  It's very sad, but she's been trying to commit suicide and to become famous for years.  If "the family" really cares about WHY she's doing that, then help her.  Don't blame it on a documentary that just came out.  That girl has had problems from the beginning, perhaps start with her mother selling her (or at the very least, abandoning her to the tender mercies of MJ) and her biological father spouting off about being her sperm donor, but as far as he's said, never even contacting her.  Think about being raised with disguises or blankets over her head, or huge screaming crowds (thanks MJ and fans, I'm sure that was just wonderful for a tiny child.)

No, I don't believe anyone hands over 20 million dollars if they are innocent, and there is a preponderance of evidence that MJ probably handed over even more hush money to other boys' families.  He also bought many parents expensive and extravagant gifts WHILE their child was 'sleeping' with MJ.  Cars, houses, jewelry, trips all over the world, and cash.

Come on now. 

• Love 19