Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: The Plant

• Start Topic

I was trying to figure out why Emir looked so familiar and it took me half the episode to realize that he played Nash on Red Oaks! Keep in mind that it took me over a full season for me to figure out that Stevie on Schitt's Creek was also Jennifer Goines on 12 Monkeys because I am a dumbass.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Patrick was definitely giving out the wrong impression regarding the living arrangements. 

They also need to evolve Moria as a character as she hasn’t really progressed since the first season. Dunno if it’s intentional or not but it really is noticeable.

• Love 4
(edited)

I agree that this was all on Patrick for not being clearer. If someone that I was dating seriously said that WE should go look at apartments, then I would assume that meant because we would be sharing the apartment, not that they just wanted my opinion. Poor David!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Like 1
  • Love 20
7 hours ago, GSManiac said:

Patrick was definitely giving out the wrong impression regarding the living arrangements. 

Yes. We is not a word you use if you aren't looking to move in together. Patrick was way off and I really felt for David after he built himself up to have the rug pulled out from under him.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion but I just don't much like Patrick. Or maybe I just don't like him with David. He comes off as too smug to me. Maybe it's the fact that we really don't know much about him. He moved to SC? Why? Where did he come from? Who is he? We really don't know. Maybe he'll loosen up.

Jocelyn, on the other hand, is almost always a joy to see in a scene. She was perfect in this episode.

• Like 1
  • Love 13

How are we still on this fucking tour?! Lol - I was wondering how they could take David out of the motel and still keep the show the same show I love - I really didn't see Patrick wanting to rent the place for just himself. So obviously I agree he wasn't clear!

When Moira told Ronnie the line is "kiss me like an animal" - I died when Ronnie so dryly responded "I'll remember on the day." Where did they find this woman? She kills me!

• Like 1
  • Love 17

Loved Jocelyn's venting and Moira's supportive coaching...until Jocelyn turned on Moira.  Catherine O'Hara kills me on this show.

I wasn't sure what David was sneering at re. the apartment.  Yes, it was small, but cozy and has potential and mostly - IT ISN'T A MOTEL ROOM! That you SHARE with YOUR SISTER!  

So glad Stevie got a chance to socialize with a seemingly nice and compatible guy!  I was worried for a minute that she was planning to do a "makeover" on herself for her date.  When she asked Johnny for $40 $50 for "shampoo too" I thought she was going to get glam.  Yay for letting Stevie be Stevie and be attractive to Amir.   

• Like 1
  • Love 13

I really enjoyed the episode.  My heart broke a little for David and agree with others that the miscommunication was on Patrick.  I was so happy that the hotel got a really good review and that the family was together when they got the review.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I wasn't sure what David was sneering at re. the apartment.  Yes, it was small, but cozy and has potential and mostly - IT ISN'T A MOTEL ROOM! That you SHARE with YOUR SISTER! 

I lived in some apartments and dorm rooms in college that were the size of some people's closets, but even I wouldn't want to live in an apartment that had a curtain for the bathroom door!

• Love 4
On 1/24/2019 at 10:40 AM, BusyOctober said:

David is still a very high maintenance person who doesn't really enjoy making efforts. He managed to turn the motel room into his own, but that was a painful process. Funnily enough, he should have felt right at home in that apartment because that hole looked exactly like a NYC apartment and Ray sounded exactly like a NYC realtor. "So this is open concept and the toilet is right next to the kitchen to maximize space and you are lucky to have a closet, so take it and shut up!" I once visited an apartment that had shower tiles everywhere. They went from the bathroom which had those accordion doors into the kitchen, the living room and the bedroom. 

I really loved the dynamic between Stevie and Amir and I'd really like to see him come back. I don't know if Stevie is still with Jake, and god, I hope she isn't. 

• Love 3

That apartment was nice! It had hardwood floors, window seats, and a fireplace! Install a door on the bathroom and get an armoire that doubles as a divider between the living and sleeping areas, and problems solved! But yeah, Patrick should have realized that he made it sound like he wanted to share the apartment with David. Maybe this is a step toward David developing more independence and getting an apartment for himself, on his own? The apothecary seems to be successful enough.

But also, this tiny town seems to get bigger and bigger. Now there's an apartment building that has never before been seen? There was a robber no one recognized or noticed? Just exactly what do the Roses own? I wish they would ever address that. They live at the motel for free, but Stevie actually owns it. Does the town council pay their bill there? But they couldn't pay rent on a different apartment instead? IT MAKES NO SENSE.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
On 1/28/2019 at 6:28 PM, Enginerd said:

They live at the motel for free, but Stevie actually owns it.

Is my memory faulty or wasn't it Roland who owned the motel in the first season? When they started up with Stevie owning the motel last season I was confused.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Kathcart said:

Is my memory faulty or wasn't it Roland who owned the motel in the first season? When they started up with Stevie owning the motel last season I was confused.

It was very unclear. Roland kind of acted like he owned it, but when Stevie's aunt died, she was informed that her aunt was actually the owner and Stevie inherited it. Maybe the aunt had left Roland as an acting manager as far as the sort of thing an owner would take care of (financials, etc.)? Maybe Roland had some right to let the Roses live there, and then when Stevie inherited it, she agreed to let the Roses stay as part of the deal in Johnny becoming her business partner.

But what owning the town means is still a complete mystery. Obviously, most of the real estate is owned by other people.

• Love 3
On 1/22/2019 at 6:13 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I was trying to figure out why Emir looked so familiar and it took me half the episode to realize that he played Nash on Red Oaks! Keep in mind that it took me over a full season for me to figure out that Stevie on Schitt's Creek was also Jennifer Goines on 12 Monkeys because I am a dumbass.

On 1/25/2019 at 7:19 PM, HunterHunted said:

He's Rich DotCom from Blindspot to me.

I LOVE Ennis Esmer. I first became aware of him as Oz in The Listener. He's so great!

On 1/23/2019 at 9:34 PM, Nordly Beaumont said:

When Moira told Ronnie the line is "kiss me like an animal" - I died when Ronnie so dryly responded "I'll remember on the day." Where did they find this woman? She kills me!

I totally cracked up at this!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Sorry, I'm just not buying that that motel is getting positive reviews on any travel blog.  Yes, things have been improving, slowly, since Johnny got involved, but it doesn't really look any different.  Glad Stevie has what appears to be a normal human being interested in her. 

What happened with the really cute apartment Alexis and David found back in season 1 or 2? 

• Love 3

If you look carefully though you will notice the hotel is improving bit by bit.  There are chairs outside the rooms now (plus the boxwoods, haha).  The box of cinnamon rolls is always by the coffee machine and things seem to be a bit cleaner and neater.

Also, this guy's beat is "out of the way places" so he's going to see a lot of motels like Rosebud, not Doubletree. 

Still don't know how Johnny became manager and also has to worry about funding repairs while Stevie is in Elm Valley but I don't know that it really matters lol.

Best part for me was that while David was probably a little thrown about the apt confusion he did not pitch a fit or break up with Patrick when he found out the apartment was just for him.  Growth, I thought.  They are so stinking cute together. 

• Like 1

Good episode!  Loved Emir for Stevie.  I thought the "door open/door closed" bit was done just a BIT too many times- it was funny the first 2 times, then became stale.  

I just cringed for David finding out the apartment was just for Patrick!  That really wasn't very kind of Patrick to let him go on thinking it was for both of them.  

• Like 1