Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8 Discussion

• Start Topic

Typical boring fundie wedding though more high class than most because of the venue. Gil’s charge was cringe worthy – Carlin treat him like superman and he’ll become superman, it works for all guys; build him up; tell him he’s doing a great job fixing that thing even if he doesn’t know how to fix it, that will cause him to figure it out . . . as Evan nodded along in agreement that treating him like superman will make him into superman.

Eyeroll. Why didn’t he just say – sweetie basically planning on sucking your man’s d!ck 24-7 to keep him happy.

So ridiculously sick of hearing about the damn song they sang at the altar. If it’s soooo stressful and nerve wracking don’t sing the ditty to each other up there. IDK why Evan considers himself such a hot songwriter – it’s the same tune over and over for courtship, engagement, wedding etc. and he just puts the same simple rhyming ideas together and it’s apparently grammy winning??

And Erin really thought it was a good idea to announce a pregnancy while you’re giving a toast at someone else’s wedding??

Evan may have married at 23 but he didn’t seem ready.  It’s rare to see a 23 year old man so teary about leaving mom and dad and moving all of 3 hours away. But then in real life many/most 23 year olds moved out of mom and dad's house 5 years prior and were living in various college dorms/apartments, frat houses, or military barracks, so they don't go through their rehearsal day saying -- you know I've tried to keep busy this week so I didn't think about moving away. Though the one positive of this wedding – while I’m sure they were dying to sleep with each other having courted etc. for 2ish years, at least they didn’t act like Tori – let’s go, let’s go, let’s get out of here, do we really have to go see people, do we really have to talk to all of the, omg let’s go . . . . Frankly with these afternoon weddings, they are likely done by 3-4 pm, which gives them all evening and night to get it on – which I’m sure takes 10 seconds the first time.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

Totally agree with this! Unless business is slow and they are working at Josie's to fill the time.  But I'm pretty sure Erin offered up Chad's services to Josie- that does seem to be the way she works.

Erin has been very quiet on Instagram lately- nothing since their anniversary on the 2nd.  Wonder if everything is ok.  With the new baby coming and the holidays just around the corner, a lack of income would be very stressful. 

If I were Chad I'd be doing everything I could make as much $$$ as possible right now, which means working for STRANGERS and charging them full price because reality is contracting is a discretionary business. Economy is hot right now and with so many people gainfully employed, that's when they realize it's worth it to spend a few thousand to get rid of that 80s wallpaper and that popcorn ceiling they've always hated and to remodel their kitchen. But it's a tale as old as time, as soon as the economy slows down and we move into recession -- which is slated to be within a year or 2 -- people start losing their jobs or fear losing their jobs and that's when they decide, you know, living in a closed concept house is not as big of a deal, let's save our money just in case we lose our jobs and health insurance. Chad isn't in something like plumbing -- with plumbing even when people have lost their jobs, when winter hits and pipes freeze, when their DIY solutions don't work, they break down and call a plumber because they know replacing cracked pipes and the damage they cause will be far far more expensive. 

I mean I don't expect princess Erin to understand things about the economy and how people put off hiring contractors sometimes, so you must strike while the iron is hot, but shouldn't her headship have the better business sense because as I understand it, business sense is only given to those with b@lls? Shouldn't he explain to his wife that spending 1-2 weeks a month on huge family jobs takes away the time from full pay clients and maybe the family jobs can wait until the recessionary slowdown?

Erin did post her usual insta drivel re their anniversary. Didn't read it but it's there. Is their baby here yet? I though she and Whit and someone else (Carlin? Tori?) were all due together?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Erin/Chad may be doing the family projects for TV time that may pay better than the commercial jobs.  I'm not sure on being on UP pays that well, but I'm not sure how much an hour he'd get from jobs where they live either.

I do like how Gil seems to really enjoy his children but geez, it creeps me out when he tells them to "wait till after you're married, wait for your wedding night, you can't kiss yet!"

Ewwww, if my father had mentioned, "wait till your wedding night", I would have turned beet red.

P.S. 

I didn't wait.

I'll see many of you in hell, I guess.

• Love 5

It was a beautiful wedding but so hot!  94 degrees!  None of the Bates are singers so hang that one up!  It's tough on the ears.

Joy Anna was there.  Brides best friend.  I didn't see Joys  husband or any other Duggers!

Erin never should have made her baby announcement there but always the scene stealer!

I like Gil and Kelly and hope nothing bad comes out about them!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

It was a beautiful wedding but so hot!  94 degrees!  None of the Bates are singers so hang that one up!  It's tough on the ears.

Joy Anna was there.  Brides best friend.  I didn't see Joys  husband or any other Duggers!

Erin never should have made her baby announcement there but always the scene stealer!

I like Gil and Kelly and hope nothing bad comes out about them!

duggars were there - they never travel with their related entourage. also - i think was the day  jessa duggar seewald had baby #3 - one of her brothers had to fly Ma Dugger and oldest (unmarried) stand-by-make-shift-midwife sister Jana home.

https://www.inquisitr.com/5491159/jessa-duggar-birth-plans-grandma-duggar-meets-ivy/

Side snark - Must be nice to have a brother, with a pilot license, who has access to a small plane to immediately be able to jet set off somewhere...

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Erin is due any day, since she tends to go a month early. Tori and Carlin aren't due until next year.

What ever treatment plan Dr. V prescribed/performed surly worked... Erin is popping babies like corn now..

• LOL 8

Erin has a clotting disorder.  She has never had a problem with fertility, but with miscarriages.  She has to be on blood thinners with every pregnancy.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 1

Wait, Erin actually announced her pregnancy at her sister's wedding?  FFS. 🤦‍♀️

I have to wonder if her attention seeking behaviour is due to growing up with so many siblings, or if she still would have been that way had she grown up in a normal sized family. 

In an effort to rein in my cable bill I got rid of the pack that included UP.  I can't say I'm sorry that I can't watch this drivel in person- the snark is much more entertaining. ;).

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I'm going to choose to believe that everyone already knew about Erin's pregnancy and the "announcement" was staged for TV, because that's more pleasant than the alternative. I had just found out I was pg again after having miscarried a few months prior, a week and a half before my sister's wedding. Not saying anything just about killed me but darn it all I didn't say anything! ... until after it was all over and we were all back at my parents' house and I whispered it to my parents.

As far as Erin and Chad and the projects, I would assume that anything on the show is somehow financially softened for them. If it's just shown on her Instagram posts, I'd be less sure of financial kickback. It's very possible they're all being idiots about this sort of thing, but I do think that we're only given a snapshot of what it's really like there.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Erin has a clotting disorder.  She has never had a problem with fertility, but with miscarriages.  She has to be blood thinners with every pregnancy.  

blood thinners is a script, right ?

• Love 1

Carlin's wedding certainly was a chance for her to make it all about her. If she had thought about it, she could have spun him off the dance floor and broke into her own dance right there. Please stop with the musical "talents." She and he both hit a few clunkers and sounded like children. 

The bridesmaid dresses looked so cheap. With how you could see through them, it is hard to call them modest. 

Normally, I would have been turned off by the pregnancy announcement at the reception, but it was Carlin. I was glad to see her get a bit of her own back at her. 

Callie is a cute girl, but that child cries at every single one of the sisters getting married. She clung to Michaela. I was about to have a drinking game for every single time Carlin fanned herself over her tears or said the word literally. I wouldn't have made it past the second commercial block. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Its going to be a minute for the next Bates daughter to get married unless Katie , age 20 is courting...Time to start marrying off more sons..

Here's a trivia question... which is a better marriage catch/ most eligible bachelor - A Bates or Dugger son...

those 3 sitting on a couch..

• Lawson hasn't found a bride at all of the church functions ( like JD Dugger )  he sings at ?
  • Nathan still nursing a broken heart and can't find a bride at all of the mission fields he flys to ( like Jinger Dugger / Jermey Vulvo) ?
  • and Trace ??? what was his occupation this season ?
Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

I found it kind of amazing that Carlin has really toned down her yelling. Guess that’s the only way to be heard in such a large family! 
As for the song, you could barely hear the lyrics over the music (possibly a good thing). It’s sort of weird to sing at your own wedding. 

Did any of the other fundies dance? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Carlin is a beautiful girl but my God it looked liked someone used a shovel to apply her makeup. I know you have to go a little heavier on the makeup for pictures but she didn't even look like the same person. So now we can expect another wedding in about 6 months. Katie or Trace? I would hope that the parents would talk some sense into Katie and counsel her against marring a 19 year old bible student. 

3 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I found it kind of amazing that Carlin has really toned down her yelling. Guess that’s the only way to be heard in such a large family! 
As for the song, you could barely hear the lyrics over the music (possibly a good thing). It’s sort of weird to sing at your own wedding. 

Did any of the other fundies dance? 

Some were standing off to the side looking horrified.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Carlin is a beautiful girl but my God it looked liked someone used a shovel to apply her makeup. I know you have to go a little heavier on the makeup for pictures but she didn't even look like the same person. So now we can expect another wedding in about 6 months. Katie or Trace? I would hope that the parents would talk some sense into Katie and counsel her against marring a 19 year old bible student. 

Some were standing off to the side looking horrified.

Well if Kelley has her way Katie will be courting soon. I think she’s just friends right now with the boy she’s been pictured with. Trace appears to be dating or whatever but who knows what his job is.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Wait, Erin actually announced her pregnancy at her sister's wedding?  FFS. 🤦‍♀️

I have to wonder if her attention seeking behaviour is due to growing up with so many siblings, or if she still would have been that way had she grown up in a normal sized family. 

In an effort to rein in my cable bill I got rid of the pack that included UP.  I can't say I'm sorry that I can't watch this drivel in person- the snark is much more entertaining. ;).

Yep Erin let it slip...wink, wink  during her maid of honor toast to the bride!  Quite a moment..teehee.

11 hours ago, Absolom said:

Erin has a clotting disorder.  She has never had a problem with fertility, but with miscarriages.  She has to be on blood thinners with every pregnancy.  

I thought it was just some factor..rh or something and all she needed was to have a shot after each baby to keep her from miscarring the next pregnancy.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

She needs two shots of heparin every day. Carlin has the same disorder.

how did Carlin find out she has the disorder - already ? She miscarried  ? Or does Dr V run a test as soon as they run with a positive pregnancy test ?

My heart still goes out to Micheala.. wishing something medically could be done  (I don't know the specifics as to why she can't conceive)  to make her dream come true. Its raining babies all over the place.. I would guess life is probably pretty dull with her with Brandon after a couple of years now. Not like he's the life of the party. Callie clung to her and she probably needs to cling to Callie.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4

The wedding was really beautiful. I'd love to know how much they spent compared to the other weddings. They did mention discounts but I'd still love to know the final amount. Carlin's dress was really beautiful and looked great on her. I am surprised she wasn't the bridezilla she really seemed like she would be.

Sure Erin. It just slipped at the exact moment you could get the most attention for that. Carlin had to be pissed. Although she's done similar things. Erin so did it on purpose. Not just the usual reasons. But Erin's been making comments regarding Carlin's wedding that sounds like she's jealous at the wedding Carlin's got.

Should we start placing bets on how long it'll be before Erin announces a vow renewal and how much bigger that'll be? The biggest wedding vow renewal, the biggest wedding party, and everything else.

Given it was a different network I was really surprised at how much they featured Joy. It was nice since their so close.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, sATL said:

how did Carlin find out she has the disorder - already ? She miscarried  ? Or does Dr V run a test as soon as they run with a positive pregnancy test ?

My heart still goes out to Micheala.. wishing something medically could be done  (I don't know the specifics as to why she can't conceive)  to make her dream come true. Its raining babies all over the place.. I would guess life is probably pretty dull with her with Brandon after a couple of years now. Not like he's the life of the party. Callie clung to her and she probably needs to cling to Callie.

According to People Magazine Carlin learned at her first appointment that she has the blood clotting disorder.

9 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Given it was a different network I was really surprised at how much they featured Joy. It was nice since their so close.  

An UPN check made payable to Jim Bob Dugger Enterprises.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Michaela should have just taken Callie with her when she married. After all, Michaela was already Callie's 'mother' since Callie's weaning at 6 months of age. Problem solved.

Lol, right? It's not like Kelly would even notice. She has no interest in the younger kids at all. 

With regards to Erin and her announcement, Carlin did the same thing at Tori's wedding. She gave a speech and made it all about herself, lamenting the fact that it was Tori getting married and not her. These girls don't seem to understand the concept of letting the bride have her day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Lol, right? It's not like Kelly would even notice. She has no interest in the younger kids at all. 

With regards to Erin and her announcement, Carlin did the same thing at Tori's wedding. She gave a speech and made it all about herself, lamenting the fact that it was Tori getting married and not her. These girls don't seem to understand the concept of letting the bride have her day.

Kelli will take interest when those 3 younger girls (Addalee, Ellie and Callie) get engaged... more opportunities (as getting towards the end) of making the occasion about her.. Heaven help us which ever is last

I can picture it now... Kelli brings out a set spiral notebooks from the previous daughters and say "did you like how xxx did this at her wedding ? ". I hope she told her sisters they can't retire from cake making and flower arranging until all of the kids are married.

And Gil too - actually I'm surprised he let another pastor marry one of his daughters... what was the backstory behind that decision ? Carlin told him to save his antics for the dance ?

who is the oldest grand daughter - Alyssa's daughter - Allie Jane ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Also at Josie's birthday party when she wouldn't shut up about Evan being there.

• Useful 2
5 hours ago, sATL said:

Kelli will take interest when those 3 younger girls (Addalee, Ellie and Callie) get engaged... more opportunities (as getting towards the end) of making the occasion about her.. Heaven help us which ever is last

who is the oldest grand daughter - Alyssa's daughter - Allie Jane ?

Yes Allie is the oldest grandaughter. 

1 hour ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

But note that they did not put a mic on her or do an interview. Must have been negotiated between TLC and UP.

Yeah, she spent most of her time at the salon on her phone while the sisters made small talk.

• Love 4
On 11/23/2019 at 1:06 PM, BitterApple said:

Carlin also got engaged like a week before Josie's wedding, which was held on Katie's birthday. None of the girls are especially good about taking turns. I guess Josie, who was heavily pregnant at Carlin's wedding was paid back for Tori being a month from her due date and asked to play violin in an outdoor wedding that was hot (for October) too.

I noticed that Erin didn't play the piano/keyboard for Carlin's wedding. Whoever did was really "feeling the music."

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 11/20/2019 at 9:18 PM, cereality said:

And on a different note – I’m fairly convinced Paine Construction will never turn a profit. Josie is posting all kinds of pictures of their home and they are making their home into an open concept. And who is there knocking out walls and putting up new dry wall – Chad and his crew – Trace and Jackson. You know for all these family jobs, he is expected to charge for parts and minimal labor and probably no profit or very minimal profit. And this isn’t some 1 hr job installing your new microwave on a weekend, these are multiple day jobs where he and 2-3 other guys work full time for days/a week. How exactly does he/Erin expect to be able to support a yearly pregnancy if he doesn’t have he ba!!s to make $$$$? The headship really can’t stand up to his wife and say – sorry on $$$$ and job matters, I’m the headship and I know we need to pull down $x/yr and I can’t take 2 weeks a month to be doing your family projects for free and still make that goal!?

I so agree with all you have to say! I do not know how Chad supports that family... and you know Erin is going to have one every year until she can't anymore or it kills her. I'd love to know when they are going to move out of that cottage... 

The only thing I will say about Josie and Kelton is that of all the siblings I think those two would be the most likely to pay Chad something because Kelton actually has a pretty decent job.  I could see him feeling obligated to pay another tradesman or at lease offer services of like cost to Chad for plumbing if they ever move their ever growing brood into a larger home. 

Edited by LongDenimFrumper
Submitted before I finished my response.
  • Love 4
On 11/23/2019 at 1:06 PM, BitterApple said:

I saw a rerun of an episode this morning where they were doing the last minute prep for Tori and Bobby's wedding. It would appear the girls must get some of their focus on themselves from Kelly Jo. Kelly Jo was planning her eye surgery just days before the wedding because (according to Gil) she didn't want to have to wear glasses for the wedding. She seemed shocked that people would say she shouldn't do that when her timetable had her removing the bandages only the day before the wedding. She did the same thing with the whining and carrying on about her weight and wanting Tori to train her prior to Michaela's wedding. It was ridiculous to think it would work that quickly and yet another opportunity to make it about herself. She even referred to it as the wedding I'm going to be in rather than Michaela and Brandon's wedding. 

Carlin also did the whole over the top "my boyfriend is here and that's all I care about" thing at Josie's surprise 18th birthday party. Alyssa and Michaela had flown in for it, as well as Gil's parents. Evan and his family arrived at that time, planning the courtship proposal for that same couple of days. She was screaming and carrying on as though she was the one having a birthday party. 

I guess with that many kids, each of them have to fight for attention and do it in their own ways. Carlin just seems to rub me the wrong way with the way she is loud, obnoxious, and not exactly genuine. One episode had the three couples (Evan/Carlin, Kelton/Josie, and Bobby/Tori) on a triple date. Carlin tried to upstage her sisters all night in a way that screamed she was trying to look the most in love for the cameras. While everyone else sat normally at the restaurant, she was holding Evan's hand and having a reenactment of the hand sex scenes from Josh and Anna Duggar. The others were walking through a little shop and she was draped all over him. They each brought flowers to the girls and she was squealing and carrying on while the others were appropriately grateful.

She reminds me a lot of girls I knew in middle school and high school who had that first boyfriend. They didn't know what they were supposed to do with him so they paraded him up and down the halls before school and held hands in the lunch room while she talked to her friends and he talked to his. They wanted him to call each night because that's what boyfriends did, but they didn't know what to actually talk about and got mad if he suggested he hang up and they do homework.

Carlin and Erin both seem to have that trait of wanting to show the world how in love, happy, perfect, etc. they are without any of the push behind it to make it legit. It's not just limited to them. The producers always ask the newly courting or engaged couple what they like about each other. These girls look confused and shocked by the question, stammering a few generic phrases before giggling and covering their faces as if they don't want him to know how much they like him. 

• Love 5

I think Erin is determined to be the sister with the most babies.  She wants bragging rights.

Hopefully Alyssa's heart issues were a wake up call for her and John.  I remember an episode when she said she did not want 19 kids, maybe only 6-10, but now that she has 3 she may feel like it's enough.  She seems to enjoy living away from the circus, and she took the girls to see her grandparents before Thanksgiving when no one else was there.  She just turned 25, so even if she takes a break and decides to try for a boy in a few years she has plenty of time.  (Having said that I guess she will announce pregnancy #4 any day now. 😜)

I have been keeping up with Josie's Instagram posts, and she gives me some hope.  She definitely isn't as gushy about her daughter as some of her sisters are about their babies, and I honestly think she is not going to rush to get pregnant with #2.  She seems really excited about renovating their house, they have a tv, she puts secular music on her posts.  I think they may go fundie lite.  The fact that Kelton's mom died during childbirth may slow down the baby train too.  She just doesn't come across as being as dramatic as her sisters, and I think she is more mature and realistic than Erin, even though she is only 20.

Is she the sister who shared a room with Alyssa? They have similar personalities.

Carlin and Tori will be Erin's mini-mes, I think.  They are exhausting.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I think Erin is determined to be the sister with the most babies.  She wants bragging rights.

Hopefully Alyssa's heart issues were a wake up call for her and John.  I remember an episode when she said she did not want 19 kids, maybe only 6-10, but now that she has 3 she may feel like it's enough.  She seems to enjoy living away from the circus, and she took the girls to see her grandparents before Thanksgiving when no one else was there.  She just turned 25, so even if she takes a break and decides to try for a boy in a few years she has plenty of time.  (Having said that I guess she will announce pregnancy #4 any day now. 😜)

I have been keeping up with Josie's Instagram posts, and she gives me some hope.  She definitely isn't as gushy about her daughter as some of her sisters are about their babies, and I honestly think she is not going to rush to get pregnant with #2.  She seems really excited about renovating their house, they have a tv, she puts secular music on her posts.  I think they may go fundie lite.  The fact that Kelton's mom died during childbirth may slow down the baby train too.  She just doesn't come across as being as dramatic as her sisters, and I think she is more mature and realistic than Erin, even though she is only 20.

Is she the sister who shared a room with Alyssa? They have similar personalities.

Carlin and Tori will be Erin's mini-mes, I think.  They are exhausting.

Josie seems to be moving more toward the Alyssa side of things with her attitude and outside influences. I think that can be a good thing for her, as she isn't relying so heavily on her sisters and mother for everything. She had a friend from church helping her decorate the apartment and did her own gender reveal at a location (the community center at the apartments) rather than one planned by Erin or her mom at a park or picnic area. She has been pictured in the Bates Sister Boutique pics, but she still does social media mentions for Josie's and other places without really focusing her efforts on their venture. While she did have a photographer there for her labor and delivery, I didn't see a huge crowd in the room like Erin and Tori seem to like. (I still can't get over Erin being upset over Tori not making it to Everly's (?) birth after Tori had just gotten married and returned from her honeymoon.) She didn't have Kelly Jo overly involved in the wedding, but kept her more in the background and clearly articulated that she wanted it outside, her dress style, and decor. 

While I wouldn't want three kids back to back like Alyssa and cringe at her clear lack of education, I do like Alyssa's personality when it comes to her family. She is standoffish and not as involved with them. I LOVE that she doesn't have Kelly Jo and 6-9 sisters standing in her room as she delivers. I appreciate that she tends to go to South Carolina for holidays early to visit the grandparents and then leaves before her parents and siblings (after Thanksgiving dinner). I also appreciate that she doesn't seem to be caving to the whole move the family back to the Knoxville area push. 

Both women are far from perfect, but I can appreciate their independence even if it is just baby steps at the moment. 

• Love 11

There's pictures all over Instagram of the Bates family dressed up for their I Love You day.

My opinion is they've changed from a semi-authentic reality show to a series of staged events. "I Love You Day", vacations to another state to pop the question, expensive weddings and honeymoons, and vow renewals. 

Everything is so artificial now.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, answerphone said:

There's pictures all over Instagram of the Bates family dressed up for their I Love You day.

My opinion is they've changed from a semi-authentic reality show to a series of staged events. "I Love You Day", vacations to another state to pop the question, expensive weddings and honeymoons, and vow renewals. 

Everything is so artificial now.

They don't even hide it any longer. When the show first started you had regular comments from Gil about saving money and not spending so much on weddings, gifts, etc. "I Love You Day" was a home cooked meal (used to be made and served by the parents) at the house. Each one of the children picked one other child randomly and got to spend $10 on them. Now it is a multi day event with the couples dinner, out of state relatives, etc. 

The theme thing is ridiculous and in some ways offensive. Almost all of what people celebrate about the 1920s is the antithesis to the Bates. Their lack of education shone through with the whole thing last year. The year before was highly offensive with the way they portrayed older people as a joke, including joking about disabilities and health issues. 

It's one giant commercial at this point. The first ones married got discount dresses that were altered by Michaela. Now the girls fly off to get designer originals or custom gowns. Carlin got married in the midst of a vineyard. Kelly Jo tried to refer to it as a "grape farm" on social media, but come on. We know the score. 

• Love 10

Every reality show I've ever watched or remotely followed has begun as "Cameras follow us around doing the things we already do" and eventually become "Cameras record the obviously staged for the show and corporately sponsored fakery that we can only afford because of the corporate sponsors and our money from the show". I assume it's because the producers think they need to do this to continue the show and continue the show because it continues to make money but it's a real turn-off for me. I thought the pre-scandal Duggars were interesting when they were a mega-family and the show was really just showing us how they did things. Same for Jon & Kate Gosselin. But both shows lost my interest when they became a compilation of the fabulous toys, vacations, and other events that they can now afford with sponsors and show income.

I still don't get UP, so I still don't get to actually watch the Bateses' show, but I still don't have any interest in watching a long commercial, even from people who I find interesting, so I can live with this...

• Love 5