Type keyword(s) to search

Dynasty (2017) - General Discussion

Bort
  • Start Topic

22 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Why do I feel like the nurse is going to double cross Fallon? 

I had the exact same thought.  I really want Fallon to get one over Adam. But the nurse will probably actually fall in the love with the psychopath or Adam will have known the whole time that the nurse was working for Fallon.  

1 hour ago, Fireball said:

I had the exact same thought.  I really want Fallon to get one over Adam. But the nurse will probably actually fall in the love with the psychopath or Adam will have known the whole time that the nurse was working for Fallon.  

My thought is that she's going to try and get herself knocked up with Adam's kid, which is definitely not something Fallon would want.

2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

My thought is that she's going to try and get herself knocked up with Adam's kid, which is definitely not something Fallon would want.

Followed by a down the stairs miscarriage that also kills Cristal #3.

• Love 1

What! Wow, don't sleep on Fallon. She's always one step ahead. Well, usually.

maybe they could bring on Jussie here to be Sam's BF and they can both sing

A CW show is probably beneath him now that he's been a star on Fox. 😑 Plus, I would think that shade the show threw in his direction made it apparent they don't want him.

Wasn't it just and episode or two where Anders was complaining that Sam wasn't treating him like a true partner? So Sam steps up and does so and now Anders just up and leaves. The speed at which potential storylines get burned thru is amazing.

I remain amazed that no one seems at all concerned about Steven. He really needs to come back.

Not a fan of Adam continuing to screw with people with no consequence. Liam needs to remember Adam attacked him.

Nice to see a potential love interest for Sam. Glad Monica finally knows the truth about her Mother and sister. 

Despite the flaws I do enjoy the show and hope it gets a fourth season. I enjoy that the show seems self aware and pokes fun at itself. Fourth season....fourth Crystal/Krystal/Cristal.

Edited by Gizmo321
  • Love 3
On 10/21/2019 at 8:11 AM, mommalib said:

I think Liam is there to appease a certain segment of the audience that wanted Fallon to have a white love interest. He's never been portrayed as someone Fallon respects or would respect.  Unless i'm reading things wrong I always got the feeling that Michael is her guy at the end of the day and that's who she'll end up with. They'll probably drag out the Liam thing until the end of season 3 but I suspect she will be heading back toward Michael by then.

So far don't even interact. I hope new Alexis is great and it becomes the show about dynasty again.

1 hour ago, tabularasa said:

So far don't even interact. I hope new Alexis is great and it becomes the show about dynasty again.

Yeah it's looking like I might be wrong about Michael and Fallon but I hope not. But the fact that Michael and Fallon don't even interact anymore speaks to the larger issue I was talking about. It wasn't that long ago that they were in love and engaged to be married but they don't interact at all? Like I said trying to appease a certain audience.

Edited by mommalib

What was with that Kabuki-esque makeup the DA was wearing? Maybe a shade or two too light for her skin tone.

Of course Adam's vision magically returned on its own. I'm surprised they let him get found out so quickly. He could've been up to a lot of schemes while everyone thought he was still blind.

You can't spell "fib" without FBI. 🤗

WHAT!!!!! Jeff married Alexis!!!! Aren't they kind of related? Ew.

11 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

WHAT!!!!! Jeff married Alexis!!!! Aren't they kind of related? Ew.

Jeff is in DGAF mode given he’s slowly losing his cognitive and motor functions due to the poison paint situation. Or maybe his marrying Alexis is a sign his brain really is starting to turn to mush 😂 

But seriously, Jeff’s soft spot for Alexis was always kind of sweet to me. He visited Alexis in the hospital and was ready to bring her to his crib and take care of her. Obviously a lot of mommy substitution/abandonment issues that relate to Dominique but then as with Blake seeing him as the son he never had in Steven and lost in Adam when he was kidnapped, seems like Alexis transferred some of her maternal instincts towards Jeff as well. Hopefully it’ll stay that way.

Dominique and Blake losing their ish over this union should be something.

• Love 1
On 12/8/2019 at 11:58 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yeah but knowing Adam he'd rise from the ashes. And not in a good way.

I don't want him to die.  I want him horribly disfigured, maimed or forced to live in prison with guys that constantly rough him up.  He deserves to suffer for all of the horror he has caused. 

• Love 1
On 12/7/2019 at 2:33 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Of course Adam's vision magically returned on its own. I'm surprised they let him get found out so quickly. He could've been up to a lot of schemes while everyone thought he was still blind.

I was delighted he was found out so quickly. I was not looking forward to episode upon episode of fake-blind-Adam-machinations.

On the other hand, Liam suddenly remembering that Adam was the one that conked him on the head was a little too much for me. His spotty memory annoys me.

• Love 1
On 12/7/2019 at 3:51 PM, TobinAlbers said:

But seriously, Jeff’s soft spot for Alexis was always kind of sweet to me. He visited Alexis in the hospital and was ready to bring her to his crib and take care of her.

Honestly, this feels like one of the most in-character things to have happened on this very plot-driven show.

• Love 1

Aww, that's one of my favorite "Hey, It's That Guy", Hayes Mercure. He's been playing bit parts on various t.v. shows for like a decade. I'd recognize those blue eyes and that frowny face anywhere!

Elaine Hendrix really does feel like she could be Liz Gillie's mother. Loved the Legally Blonde reference.

I wonder what Adam will call the new winery...maybe...Falcon Crest? LOL.

Go get some with Great Value Matt Bomer, Sam!

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

Last night's episode title and the scene referencing burned champagne were a callback to this scene from original Dynasty.  I'll just say that Diahann Carroll and Joan Collins did it better.   

No argument there.  

• Love 1

I think they didn't have the caviar because let's be honest- the show does not have the budget for caviar. LOL.

I enjoy this show more when they get way from the OG stuff. Like the Legally Blonde references were pretty fun in this episode.

Edited by methodwriter85

Am rather creeped out by this Jeff and Alexis marriage. Aren't they kind of related?

Is Alexis going to wear any colors besides black and white? Bor-ing.

Oh, so it's a marriage of convenience and co-conspiracy. Still, Alexis and Jeff? Bleh.

Is getting a spray tan actually such an ordeal?

At this point I think I'm only watching for the clothes. 🙁

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Is getting a spray tan actually such an ordeal?

I'm assuming it is not, and was only a big ordeal because the woman was using some illegal drugs in it. I knew Fallon was going to end up causing problems when she said that in court, but I didn't feel bad for Becky because she WAS using non-approved drugs. When Alexis complained that Fallon got an innocent woman in trouble, I was waiting for Fallon to correct her that Becky was not innocent.

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Am rather creeped out by this Jeff and Alexis marriage. Aren't they kind of related?

I was much more creeped out by the Jeff and Fallon relationship because those two ended up being blood relatives.  With Alexis and Jeff, I think she would have been his aunt by marriage, but that marriage ended more than a decade ago. 

• Love 1

Jeff and Fallon are cousins. Alexis is Fallon's mother. If Jeff and Alexis were to have a kid (🙄), that child would be both Fallon's cousin and sibling. In the triangle of Fallon, Alexis, and Jeff's relationship to each other, two of the three legs are biologically connected. That's what creeps me out. Meh, it's not as if they're European royalty.

5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Jeff and Fallon are cousins. Alexis is Fallon's mother. If Jeff and Alexis were to have a kid (🙄), that child would be both Fallon's cousin and sibling. In the triangle of Fallon, Alexis, and Jeff's relationship to each other, two of the three legs are biologically connected. That's what creeps me out. Meh, it's not as if they're European royalty.

I watch Riverdale, where Jughead and Betty are dating. Jughead's father and Betty's mother had a son who is half-brother to both Jughead and Betty.

I watch a couple of daytime soaps where incestuous-ish relationships are par for the course. Still creeps me out. Jeff and Alexis getting married seems gimmicky and unnecessary to me. We already got that (and worse) when Jeff and Fallon were together. The writers could do better, IMO, but they seem not to know what to do with Jeff. (Or his sister, for that matter. They're both basically human accessories for the marquee Carringtons, I think.)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
vowels are good
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I watch a couple of daytime soaps where incestous-ish relationships are par for the course. Still creeps me out. Jeff and Alexis getting married seems gimmicky and unnecessary to me. We already got that (and worse) when Jeff and Fallon were together. The writers could do better, IMO, but they seem not to know what to do with Jeff. (Or his sister, for that matter. They're both basically human accessories for the marquee Carringtons, I think.)

So no "The Colbys" spin-off in the works?

Where was Liam this episode?  Did he break up with Fallon already?

Also, I like it when they sing.  Can all their episodes have multiple musical numbers?

Wait, but IS Adam actually Fallon's brother?  I thought it was a big scam and that's why the other brother is in an insane asylum?

Edited by KittenPokerCheater
1 hour ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Wait, but IS Adam actually Fallon's brother?  I thought it was a big scam and that's why the other brother is in an insane asylum?

Adam really is her brother. He scammed the other brother so he would get Steven committed as revenge for being the Carrington child that replaced him (especially as it turned out that Anders and not Blake is the father).

Liam is still with Fallon but he is only in stories that involve his relationship with Fallon. This week's plot was to save Kirby so he wasn't needed. Plus we got to see Fallon and Adam in scenes together, even singing together, so that is always a win for me.

• Love 4

I love that song during the Crystal and Alexis fight in the lake. Volcano girls , Verica Salt! 🥰
I found it strange that Kirby came around so quickly. It was like Fallon used reverse psychology.

Edited by Kdel1079
22 hours ago, missbonnie said:

Once again I'm over here lol-ing at the musical interlude. This show is nuts and I love it. 

I do love how bonkers this show is, and how Elizabeth Gillies and Sam Underwood seem to really lean into it.  I also would honestly be fine if they cut Culhane, Sammy Jo and the poor man's Matt Bomer.  That whole storyline was boring.       

• Love 2
On 1/25/2020 at 11:30 PM, txhorns79 said:

I do love how bonkers this show is, and how Elizabeth Gillies and Sam Underwood seem to really lean into it.  I also would honestly be fine if they cut Culhane, Sammy Jo and the poor man's Matt Bomer.  That whole storyline was boring.       

I agree that Sam needs better writing.  He has been hit or miss (mostly miss) since Steven left.  And when are they going to address what happened to Steven?  Does no one in the family care? 

Speaking of Culhane, and I know this will never happen, I would love to see a romance between him and Jeff.  I get such strong vibes when I see them together being cool with each other. 

Lastly, I hate that I am feeling sympathy for Adam.  I still think he needs to pay for what he did to Alexis.       

• Love 1

Every character on this show is awesome (yes, even Adam) with the notable exception of Alexis.  Terrible character and a very uncharming actress.  Good villains can be charming with a competent actor (Michael Mancini, Valerie Malone, Slade Wilson).

I liked seeing everyone unite to try to save Kirby from that cult. Everyone except Blake, Cristal, and Alexis, anyway.

Why would someone have bullets with their name on them? Especially if you're going to use the gun to murder someone.

UO holder here. I don't like the musical interludes. To me they seem forced, mainly to give an excuse for Sam Underwood to sing. (I don't recall any singing until the Adam character showed up.) At least he and Liz don't have bad voices, I guess.

2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I liked seeing everyone unite to try to save Kirby from that cult. Everyone except Blake, Cristal, and Alexis, anyway.

Why would someone have bullets with their name on them? Especially if you're going to use the gun to murder someone.

UO holder here. I don't like the musical interludes. To me they seem forced, mainly to give an excuse for Sam Underwood to sing. (I don't recall any singing until the Adam character showed up.) At least he and Liz don't have bad voices, I guess.

Liz was on a show where she would have to sing with Arianna Grande, so I expect she has some decent chops.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Alexis is upset over Adam poisoning but not herself for killing a baby and innocent man?

I guess they're doing Adam and Kirby. 

Halftime was hilarious.

Edited by Artsda