Type keyword(s) to search

Instinct - General Discussion

• Start Topic

What a strange series ending. I thought we'd get more....a better understanding of Dylan's hallucinations & another talk between D & his dad. I am disappointed in how this was wrapped up.

• Love 4

There were indications the Dylan was still riding his motorcycle, his motorcycle helmet was on the table while he was giving the lecture and the motorcycle appears at the police station so that Lizzie can borrow it. That don't seem like the smartest thing to do when your vision is coming and going and when you know you are experiencing visual and auditory hallucinations.

The MRI scene seemed totally implausible, how did Pasternak get the rest of the staff to leave an important medical procedure without rising major alarms.

This last episode barely made any sense, from the crime to the people investigating the crime, it was a jumbled hot mess.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, rhys said:

What a strange series ending. I thought we'd get more....a better understanding of Dylan's hallucinations & another talk between D & his dad. I am disappointed in how this was wrapped up.

To be fair, they didn’t know this was going to be the series ender. Season ender, yes. I could see setup for the next season, with Campbell Scott being featured throughout. 

• Love 1

Where was his ear protection during the MRI? 

How in the world could Dylan drive a motorcycle while suffering such severe vision issues? 

More importantly, where was Andy? 

I loved Alan Cumming's clothing and ever-changing eyeglasses - best part of the show for me. The writing was so bad that literally everything else was even less believable than a typical police drama. Having Detective Stock sleep half-dressed in the police station just so that viewers and Lizzie could be treated to a shirtless pose - beyond ridiculous and very much pandering. 

• Love 9

Aaaand...that's a wrap.

I liked the idea of Julian and Pasternak working together.  Maybe that will be a spinoff🙂

I enjoyed last night's episode, as choppy as it was.

I will miss the show.

• Love 2

Maybe they learnt at the last minute that the series will be canceled and had to fit in some sort of ending to replace a planned season end cliff hanger. I was also surprised at the number of episodes as the first season was 13 episodes and I have seen 10, 12,13 episodes series but never 11 for some reason. This can explain the choppy feel of it, like the  had to edit two or three episodes into one and make each new story opening into a semi-closure one. 

Edited by meira.hand
  • Love 4

I had to laugh at the MRI scene and the comments above -- one time, the technician forgot to put earplugs in (I had forgotten that there were supposed to be earplugs) and I went through the entire thing with the clang, clang, clang in my ears.  But I did not hallucinate nor did I speak with dead serial killers!  My life is more boring than even Lizzie's!!

• Love 3

I've never had earplugs, but they pipe whatever music in you want. And put something over my eyes. I'm very claustrophobic and it is not pleasant.

Back to the show: I would've preferred it if the series had gotten rid of the CIA angle and just dealt with the police stuff.

• Love 3

100% agree with whoever said this was a hot mess.  

I enjoy this show but man, you'd think the showrunners/writers might have had a clue it wasn't going to be picked up so they'd write an episode which could have been a finale if it had to be.    This was just all sorts of bad.  Lizzie riding off into the sunset with no baggage or clothing on Dylan's motorcycle (had we even been given any past clues that she could ride a motorcycle?).   Nebraska cop STILL in the police station (shouldn't he have been packed off 2 episodes ago?),  Julian meeting up with somebody he and Dylan thought was dead (not to mention the beautiful former flame/spy mysteriously murdered).   Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.  No closure any where.  

A question:  the actress who was playing the scientist wife with the early onset dementia - what else has she been on?  I know I've recently seen her somewhere else - possibly Elementary....  it's bugging me.  Help! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, 12catcrazy said:

A question:  the actress who was playing the scientist wife with the early onset dementia - what else has she been on?  I know I've recently seen her somewhere else - possibly Elementary....  it's bugging me.  Help! 

Pretty sure she was the one on Elementary that was sexually harassed by the Police Chief.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

I'm going to miss Lizzie's coats. Her outerwear was always on point.

Dylan's too - loved his red coat last night.  In fact, there seemed to be a lot of red clothing - Dylan's coat, Lizzie's pant suit, Nebraska's pants or pj's or whatever, maybe more.

Just one more show to add to the list of canceled shows I liked: Timeless, Whiskey Cavalier, The Glades, more that I can't remember right now. Didn't really like Take Two all that much - I liked her but not him. I did read a review of the show that totally reflected my opinion of his acting: "Eddie Cibrian, no more wooden than usual."

• Love 2

Argh i just can't with the makeup they put on Alan! God they make him look so stupid with his dark dark black bushy eyebrows and his even skintone. Ugh. I'm glad it's over, except... i freaking love Alan Cumming! I would watch this terrible crap just for him, even with that stupid makeup. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, 12catcrazy said:

Emily Swallow (a H!ITG! who has been on lots of shows) was recently on Elementary, but I remember her from The Mentalist.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, auntiemel said:

Wait...so...if Boris didn't murder Divya, who did? Was that just unresolved?

As unresolved as who Boris himself is, who has been hacking into the police station and why and how Lizzie is going to travel for two weeks without any luggage.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

As unresolved as who Boris himself is, who has been hacking into the police station and why and how Lizzie is going to travel for two weeks without any luggage.

Well, that's a real let-down. I thought I must have missed a scene! 😯

4 hours ago, auntiemel said:

Wait...so...if Boris didn't murder Divya, who did? Was that just unresolved?

Unresolved and, in my case, uninterested.  They kept throwing new recurring characters in the mix and that just made things worse. Nebraska, his partner, the Sargeant. That’s 3 just at the police station. The two spies, and on it went. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Unresolved and, in my case, uninterested.  They kept throwing new recurring characters in the mix and that just made things worse. Nebraska, his partner, the Sargeant. That’s 3 just at the police station. The two spies, and on it went. 

Maybe when they realized it wouldn't be renewed, TPTB figured they could do some good deeds by giving as many actors as possible a few scenes in an Alan Cumming show.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2