Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

And apparently money still can't buy her class or tact or common sense....Dammit, I so wanted to root for her.

And apparently she and former co-star Aviva have an affinity for banners.  

De Lesseps, who was in town to perform her cabaret show, rode with “Emperor” Leandro Gonzales and drag queen “Empress” Pollo Del Mar for LGBTQ nonprofit the Imperial Council.

But a spy said the “Real Housewives” star was “barking orders the entire parade . . . She was yelling at [an associate] who was then yelling at volunteers — three of whom were deaf.”

The source added: “She was very concerned with people recognizing her. She completely stressed volunteers out by micromanaging . . . [about] a banner announcing her presence.”

https://pagesix.com/2018/06/25/luann-de-lesseps-acted-like-the-biggest-diva-during-pride-parade/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=P6Facebook

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

And apparently money still can't buy her class or tact or common sense....Dammit, I so wanted to root for her.

De Lesseps, who was in town to perform her cabaret show, rode with “Emperor” Leandro Gonzales and drag queen “Empress” Pollo Del Mar for LGBTQ nonprofit the Imperial Council.

But a spy said the “Real Housewives” star was “barking orders the entire parade . . . She was yelling at [an associate] who was then yelling at volunteers — three of whom were deaf.”

The source added: “She was very concerned with people recognizing her. She completely stressed volunteers out by micromanaging . . . [about] a banner announcing her presence.”

https://pagesix.com/2018/06/25/luann-de-lesseps-acted-like-the-biggest-diva-during-pride-parade/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=P6Facebook

This comes as a surprise.

To no one.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

Per Celebitchy, she is clearly drunk in Instagram videos during the event.  I don't do Instagram so I can't confirm it.  Lu's rep claims she does not drink.

• Love 3
On 6/22/2018 at 8:40 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I agree that she looks stunning and gorgeous. But I also think that this looks like a beautiful man in drag.

I feel like that’s common among a lot of models. They can have a sort of masculine bone structure that goes to drag with lots of makeup and posing. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Lu was humbled and sober for a NY minute after rehab.

There are 2 or 3 videos of her at this parade and she doesn't look/sound drunk in any of them IMO, so I'll hold off saying she is back to drinking for now. If she was in fact drunk, a video will surface sooner rather than later showing it.

• Love 14
16 hours ago, WireWrap said:

There are 2 or 3 videos of her at this parade and she doesn't look/sound drunk in any of them IMO, so I'll hold off saying she is back to drinking for now. If she was in fact drunk, a video will surface sooner rather than later showing it.

Yeah, I took the "appeared intoxicated" with a grain of salt until there's some tangible proof....

But that banner shit made me laugh way too hard and way too long.

What is it with these women wanting banners and casseroles?

• Love 8
On 6/26/2018 at 2:20 PM, WireWrap said:

I dunno ... I think she looks a little tipsy when she is doing her little shimmy dance in the first video. The Emperor and Empress she was posing with didn't seem to feel the need to wiggle around like she was doing. Her exuberance seems a bit out of proportion.   She seems a little to focused on getting the party revved up in a way only someone who started partying way ahead of everyone else tries to do. 

Her throwing her head back and posing as the camera pans past her in the second video could be her just trying to be cute and get attention, but it seems a little exaggerated even for an camera whore like Luann.  Coupled with her little dance in the first video, I'm thinking yeah ... she hit the mini-bar in her hotel room for a little pre-parade libation. Probably thought nobody at the event would even notice, given the goings on ... unfortunately she was such a self-important bitch she managed to make herself the subject of gossip and someone decided to spill the tea about her little roadie hidden in the car, lol  

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I dunno ... I think she looks a little tipsy when she is doing her little shimmy dance in the first video. The Emperor and Empress she was posing with didn't seem to feel the need to wiggle around like she was doing. Her exuberance seems a bit out of proportion.   She seems a little to focused on getting the party revved up in a way only someone who started partying way ahead of everyone else tries to do. 

Her throwing her head back and posing as the camera pans past her in the second video could be her just trying to be cute and get attention, but it seems a little exaggerated even for an camera whore like Luann.  Coupled with her little dance in the first video, I'm thinking yeah ... she hit the mini-bar in her hotel room for a little pre-parade libation. Probably thought nobody at the event would even notice, given the goings on ... unfortunately she was such a self-important bitch she managed to make herself the subject of gossip and someone decided to spill the tea about her little roadie hidden in the car, lol  

She was lip syncing to her song, it was a act/performance for those attending the parade and nothing more IMO.

• Love 3

The tribute to Charo was not part of a lip sync. She was just posing for pictures and decided to bust a few moves. I don't think Luann acts like that when she's sober. The stick is ensconced way too far up her ass and alcohol is the only thing that loosens it up that much. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

The tribute to Charo was not part of a lip sync. She was just posing for pictures and decided to bust a few moves. I don't think Luann acts like that when she's sober. The stick is ensconced way too far up her ass and alcohol is the only thing that loosens it up that much. 

I have to agree with this. Lu is quite prim and proper most of the time when she’s sober.

• Love 3

It was a tribute to Charo who’s signature was literally a shimmy, It would be extremely odd for her not to shimmy. She also hasn’t been prim and proper even when not drunk for years now, especially when not filming which Bethenny and Dorinda have both commented on. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

It was a tribute to Charo who’s signature was literally a shimmy, It would be extremely odd for her not to shimmy. 

I was being sarcastic when I described Luann as doing a tribute to Charo.  There was no actual tribute to Charo. The event was a gay pride parade. I was just making fun of the way Luann wiggled. Ha

• Love 5
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

described Luann as doing a tribute to Charo.  There was no actual tribute to Charo. The event was a gay pride parade. I was just making fun of the way Luann wiggled. Ha

I am aware of the event I was there, though I missed Luann. I didn’t see the video you were referencing so assumed it was accurate since it most certainly wouldn’t be out of place. The SF Gay Men’s Chorus actually does a great Charo tribute. Anyway, shimmying at Pride is also not unusual and based on clips of her cabaret show and other performances it’s one of her few dance moves.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
(edited)
57 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I am aware of the event I was there, though I missed Luann. I didn’t see the video you were referencing so assumed it was accurate since it most certainly wouldn’t be out of place. The SF Gay Men’s Chorus actually does a great Charo tribute. 

Thanks for the eyewitness feedback (so pissed you missed Luann!)

Anyway, shimmying at Pride is also not unusual. 

Practically mandatory, I'd imagine ; )

it’s one of her few dance moves.

LOL

The nefarious "tipsy" instagram video looks completely normal to me. I'd (charitably) say that people might  be misreading the instagram "repeat loop" as Luann being soused (and drunkenly repeating the same mindless shimmy) except that the professional gossips at Page Six/gossip blogs know exactly what a loop looks like. Luann's shimmy starts at six seconds in:

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/06/26/2075122088875148407/640x360_MP4_2075122088875148407.mp4

There might still be (as yet unseen) video of her slurring her words, stumbling, or dancing drunkenly  -- something that shows her actually looking intoxicated -- but I haven't seen it.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9

She doesn’t seem drunk in the videos to me, either. Didn’t seem drunk at the show the night before (and in fact made a comment about being sober right at the start of the show). 

I can buy her being pushy about the banner or whatever, though.

I guess I could be wrong. But, all these reports about her being drunk all seem to be coming from the same person, anyway. 

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She also hasn’t been prim and proper even when not drunk for years now, especially when not filming which Bethenny and Dorinda have both commented on. 

Did they specify that Luann was less prim and proper while she was sober? Because their observations could easily be the result of being around Luann during the day while she was steadily drinking, behavior Luann has acknowledged was increasing over the last few years.

18 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I didn’t see the video you were referencing so assumed it was accurate since it most certainly wouldn’t be out of place. The SF Gay Men’s Chorus actually does a great Charo tribute. Anyway, shimmying at Pride is also not unusual and based on clips of her cabaret show and other performances it’s one of her few dance moves.

I wasn't innaccurate, I was joking.  If you watch the video, you'd understand LOL She looks so goofy with her little wiggle ...  Seriously, the drag queen Empress and Emperor standing next to her seem to be trying to avoid looking at her.  I think that speaks volumes in itself. 

It reminds me of that time Ramona just busted out dancing out of nowhere. Although I'm not sure she was drunk - but of course  Ramona doesn't have to get drunk to make a fool of herself. Luann usually does, though. 

4 minutes ago, film noire said:

The nefarious "tipsy" instagram video looks completely normal to me. I'd (charitably) say that people might  be misreading the instagram "repeat loop" as Luann being soused (and drunkenly repeating the same mindless shimmy) except that the professional gossips at Page Six/gossip blogs know exactly what a loop looks like. Luann's shimmy starts at six seconds in:

http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/06/26/2075122088875148407/640x360_MP4_2075122088875148407.mp4

I know what a loop looks like, too, and you can spot it easily in this video because Luann shifts her parasol from her right hand to both hands in front of her then back to her right hand. That's the full clip, then it gets repeated.  It contains sufficient wiggling to LOL at even without the loop.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

wasn't innaccurate, I was joking.

Yes, I am aware of that now but I did not get that in the context of your first post. Now that I have seen the video I would say it seems like a pretty typical Pride behavior sober or under the influence and something even first season Luann would have done without being drunk but clearly YMMV.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
(edited)
32 minutes ago, film noire said:

There still might be  video of her slurring her words, stumbling, or dancing drunkenly  -- something that shows her actually looking intoxicated -- but I haven't seen it yet.

I don't think anyone is saying Luann was stumbling or slurring her words level drunk. "Tipsy* is how she was described.

I think it's more about the fact that the supposedly sober countess was drinking at all that is the point of the gossip. Not that she was actually shitfaced in public again.

I suppose her shouting at people and little dancey dance along with gossip reports saying she was observed drinking is enough to cause some to suspect she had imbibed to some extent. Others may not think so. But nobody is saying she was plowed, and a lack of video of her doing a header into the rosebushes isn't proof she didn't drink at all.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, film noire said:

LOL

The question asked about Luann

will now

forever be:

sober or drunk?

5 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

No ex like a sober ex, right Count VonOpenMarriage?

Screenshot (93).png

As much as I think he is a pig, I give it to Luann for putting their kids feelings/happiness first and making it work with her ex instead of being a petty bitter bitch like some other HWs do.

• Love 17
Just now, WireWrap said:

As much as I think he is a pig, I give it to Luann for putting their kids feelings/happiness first and making it work with her ex instead of being a petty bitter bitch like some other HWs do.

That looks like a little more than 'making it work', lol, but I definitely get your point.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/24/2018 at 1:27 PM, ivygirl said:

Ok, true confession time! I went to see #countessandfriends this weekend. My friend and I had a great time. To be honest, I think Lu spent more time on costume changes than actually singing... but, she had some good comedy bits, handled herself well with the crowd, and overall was a good performer. And she really does look amazing in person.

The other singers were really, really, good. 

Going by the show’s vibe, it’s actually kind of fitting that she’s heading to the Catskills.

There was a guy from Sur working the merch table. He was super sweet, actually. Fun to meet him. 

Who was the guy from Sur working the merch table?

On 6/25/2018 at 5:34 PM, ivygirl said:

I was surprised by how genuinely entertaining it was. Not even like, laugh because it’s so bad. But like, it was actually really good. And Lu was good. I can’t quite say yet that anyone unfamiliar with her would love it, but if you’re willing to pay for a ticket (and you like what you see on Insta, minus Sonja’s “accident”), you won’t leave feeling like it was a wasted night. Unless you’re Sonja or Slurinda. (Ba dum bum!)

Ben was there. (I assume it was the same Ben!) He fielded questions during her Q&A and also had to play Lu Guard when people kept trying to get up on stage at the end (kind of annoying).  

I confess I don’t know much about theatre but it definitely had that kind of vibe. Not surprised that the producer and writers have genuine bona fides. (Or “boba fires,” as my CA smartphone wants me to write...) 

Who is Ben?

On 6/30/2018 at 12:44 PM, biakbiak said:

My friends were at a party with her right after the parade and didn’t think she was drunk and said she looked fabulous in person.

I'd pay money.  Andy said Lu is VERY good looking.   She is probably one of those who looks better live.

9 hours ago, OldButHappy said:

Oh dear...looks like Lu is DOWN for the Count...

(I'll see myself out)

Hysterical.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 7

@Jextella—Sorry I’m blanking in his name at the moment—but he wasn’t someone from the show. And he may not work at SUR... I think he just somehow knows all the Bravolebrities (but he was wearing a SUR shirt). He’s a young guy and in a lot of the photos of Luann from Pride weekend.

Ben is Ben Rimalower, the producer etc. of the #countessandfriends show,

• Love 5
12 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

No ex like a sober ex, right Count VonOpenMarriage?

Screenshot (93).png

Hmmm... Six months of sobriety...

I finally watched the SF Pride parade footage. The only thing that made me think Lu was tipsy was her reclining when the camera was panning past her. That really doesn’t look like something one would do if sober. 

I strongly believe that Lu was intoxicated while blustering about singing to someone’s wife in the caviar video. 

The PR person damage-controlled that Lu smokes marijuana to help with her anxiety and residual pain from the car crash in Europe when they reported Lu was spotted smoking marijuana near a club or bar (she took a hit off someone’s joint). I don’t love Lu claiming six months of sobriety when she has smoked marijuana.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I don’t love Lu claiming six months of sobriety when she has smoked marijuana.

I am conflicted about the popularity of marijuana these days.  I think it should be legal if liquor is, but it is a mind-altering substance that makes one "check-out" of the real world when used.

I just wish humans could find a better way than drugs and alcohol (I include myself as both have been prominent items in my world at times).  

Anyway, the thing with LuAnne is that she has court dates yet to come, right?  I can't imagine her doing anything that would risk a bad outcome for herself.  If the judge told her not to drink, she won't drink.  

She'll booze right back up again afterward but not prior to.  

IMO, of course.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Jextella said:

the thing with LuAnne is that she has court dates yet to come, right?  I can't imagine her doing anything that would risk a bad outcome for herself.  If the judge told her not to drink, she won't drink.  

One. Her lawyer goes to court on her behalf to officially change her plea to guilty on the misdemeanor and have the court accept the deal.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/3/2018 at 11:18 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

The only thing that made me think Lu was tipsy was her reclining when the camera was panning past her. 

To me, it looked like Lu was trying to strike a "bombshell on the back of a convertible" pose, and not quite pulling it off (and I do think she was drunk,  but on the attention ; )

That really doesn’t look like something one would do if sober. 

I've done that kind of thing sober (and drunk!) but admittedly, my standards are skewed -- if I had my way (and this were a just, decent world) we'd all have the right to enter every place of business just like this ("Two lattes  -- now hit it, boys!"; )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 16
On 7/2/2018 at 10:45 PM, WireWrap said:

I believe that it's a sign of maturity when ex's can spend time together for/with their kids. Setting a wonderful example for them Kadooz to Lu!!

I had a shitty first marriage, but managed to still maintain civil and positive relationship with my ex and his subsequent wives. I know that my kids and grandkids have benefited from that. I am very grateful to my ex for this as well.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I believe that it's a sign of maturity when ex's can spend time together for/with their kids. Setting a wonderful example for them Kadooz to Lu!!

I had a shitty first marriage, but managed to still maintain civil and positive relationship with my ex and his subsequent wives. I know that my kids and grandkids have benefited from that. I am very grateful to my ex for this as well.

As Tamra (RHOC) said : love your kids more than you hate your ex...... <3

• Love 14
(edited)

I certainly wouldn't advocate having an adversarial relationship with an ex, especially if there are children of the marriage.  The de Lesseps "kids" are around 23 & 20 years old, an as such, to me, don't require the type of emotional support being shown in that particular photo, lol.  It is probably perfectly innocent, but I cannot imagine my husbands ex-wife acting in such a manner.  My husband and his first wife maintained a relatively amicable relationship, and I can assure you that there are no photos in existence depicting that sort of friendship, because it wouldn't have happened.  This is a man who after her arrest, was calling for her to drop the de Lesseps surname.  Six months later he's getting a vertical lap dance, lol.  Of course I'm exaggerating.  Maybe.

Jmo, ymmv. 

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

This is a man who after her arrest, was calling for her to drop the de Lesseps surname. 

That was said by an anonymous source and originated in either the Daily Fail or Page Six so it’s likely bullshit.

• Love 7
Just now, SuprSuprElevated said:

If anonynous sources are to be considered BS, then we have a crapload of bs being commented about, lol.  (-;

Yes we do. This isn’t the first time they have been seen together since her arrest and the Count doesn’t tend to comment on stuff and that story never got any traction. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Yes we do. This isn’t the first time they have been seen together since her arrest and the Count doesn’t tend to comment on stuff and that story never got any traction. 

Well, whether or not he didn't want her to keep his last name, he didn't divorce her because he thought the world of her and wanted to stay married.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Well, whether or not he didn't want her to keep his last name, he didn't divorce her because he thought the world of her and wanted to stay married.

But like with Jacques the two have remained on good terms and supported each other. 

• Love 7
56 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

That was said by an anonymous source and originated in either the Daily Fail or Page Six so it’s likely bullshit.

Agreed!   It's laughable that some people quote Page Six as a source.  

38 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

If anonynous sources are to be considered BS, then we have a crapload of bs being commented about, lol.  (-;

Yes we do!  LOL

• Love 1
On 7/3/2018 at 1:39 PM, Jextella said:

I am conflicted about the popularity of marijuana these days.  I think it should be legal if liquor is, but it is a mind-altering substance that makes one "check-out" of the real world when used.

I just wish humans could find a better way than drugs and alcohol (I include myself as both have been prominent items in my world at times).  

Anyway, the thing with LuAnne is that she has court dates yet to come, right?  I can't imagine her doing anything that would risk a bad outcome for herself.  If the judge told her not to drink, she won't drink.  

She'll booze right back up again afterward but not prior to.  

IMO, of course.

I "checked out of the real world" when I was drinking.  21 years of sobriety from alcohol,  but I'm a pot head. I hate that people think that anyone who smokes weed checks out and zones out because it's simply not true.  Alcohol is so much worse in EVERY SINGLE WAY.  How many deaths are because of marijuana use? None. How many deaths are due to alcohol use and abuse?  Too damn many to count. I would much rather he around weed smokers than drunks. 

Sorry, I had to defend my weed, which is legal in my state and should be legal everywhere and alcohol should be illegal. Luann wouldn't have done the stupid shit she did if she had just smoked a bowl instead. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Maharincess said:

I "checked out of the real world" when I was drinking.  21 years of sobriety from alcohol,  but I'm a pot head. I hate that people think that anyone who smokes weed checks out and zones out because it's simply not true.  Alcohol is so much worse in EVERY SINGLE WAY.  How many deaths are because of marijuana use? None. How many deaths are due to alcohol use and abuse?  Too damn many to count. I would much rather he around weed smokers than drunks. 

Sorry, I had to defend my weed, which is legal in my state and should be legal everywhere and alcohol should be illegal. Luann wouldn't have done the stupid shit she did if she had just smoked a bowl instead. 

She certainly would have maintained her reason and understood she was in the wrong room had she been high.  Even if she made the stoner mistake of getting off on the wrong floor, she wouldn't have just wandered into a any old room.

• Love 5

Was  there definitely no drugs involved and only booze? 

The only real experience I have with weed is when my coworkers are high they are happy but very lazy LOL. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Higgins said:

She certainly would have maintained her reason and understood she was in the wrong room had she been high.  Even if she made the stoner mistake of getting off on the wrong floor, she wouldn't have just wandered into a any old room.

Exactly!  She might have snagged a few snacks from the maid's cart but she sure wouldn't have done what she did if she'd gotten high instead of drunk. 

• Love 10
(edited)
22 hours ago, Maharincess said:

... I hate that people think that anyone who smokes weed checks out and zones out because it's simply not true.  Alcohol is so much worse in EVERY SINGLE WAY.  How many deaths are because of marijuana use? None. How many deaths are due to alcohol use and abuse?  Too damn many to count. I would much rather he around weed smokers than drunks. 

THIS !

Thank you, from a pot head to another ^_^

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 10