Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, LIMOM said:

And Marijuana has nothing in common with methamphetamine.

Yes, she was a moron to use pot and break the law but let’s not over criminalize Luann. Also,  she identified herself as a mental patient and I believe her.

Not true. Marijuana is a psychoactive drug that has some medical benefits and uses. Methamphetamine is a psychoactive drug that has some medical benefits and uses; Desoxyn is the legal form of it. It's used to treat ADHD, narcolepsy, and treating obesity. I think my analogy works.

Additionally, "mental patient" can be a stigmatizing phrase for individuals with mental health issues or a mental illness. The more person centered way to refer to Luann would be an individual with a mental illness or an individual with a mental health disorder.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Not true. Marijuana is a psychoactive drug that has some medical benefits and uses. Methamphetamine is a psychoactive drug that has some medical benefits and uses; Desoxyn is the legal form of it. It's used to treat ADHD, narcolepsy, and treating obesity. I think my analogy works.

Additionally, "mental patient" can be a stigmatizing phrase for individuals with mental health issues or a mental illness. The more person centered way to refer to Luann would be an individual with a mental illness or an individual with a mental health disorder.

Yes, Methamphetamine and Marijuana are drugs.

However, Methamphetamine and Pot have different effects on the brain. One stimulates while one relaxes.

As far as the semantics, she outed herself as someone with anxiety and PTSD which are mental disorders. 

Anyways, it is hard to keep up with the current trend in mental designation.

My point stands, it is not in anyone interest to further criminalize Luann as a woman , person or individual with a mental health disorder.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, LIMOM said:

However, Methamphetamine and Pot have different effects on the brain. One stimulates while one relaxes.

As far as the semantics, she outed herself as someone with anxiety and PTSD which are mental disorders. 

My point stands, it is not in anyone interest to further criminalize Luann as a woman , person or individual with a mental health disorder.

Methamphetamine and marijuana have different effects on the brain...and? Lots of drugs have different effects on the brain and body, but that doesn't make the legal prescription and use any less legitimate. What that doesn't entitle one to do is use street drugs, which might be adulterated in dozens of different ways and lacking significant quantities of the chemical compounds that are beneficial to that individual whether that drug is amphetamine, opioid, steroid, or cannabinoid.

I feel like I'm missing some point that you're trying to make. I can't tell if you think there is no legitimate medical use for methamphetamine or that cannabis is less dangerous because it's a "relaxant." Regarding the former, there absolutely are legitimate medical uses for methamphetamine.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-we-need-medical-meth-cocaine

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-8676/methamphetamine-oral/details

As to the latter, cannabis isn't a "relaxant." It's a pseudo central nervous system depressant. It has depressant effects, but achieved differently than a CNS depressant. However, other depressants (alcohol, benzos, opioids) are really fucking dangerous. So simply saying that cannabis is less dangerous because it's a depressant isn't true especially if the individual is operating a vehicle or needs fine motor skills.* CNS depressants will depress functions like respiration too.

Finally, Luann has no clue how pure what she smoked was. It could have been stepped on more than the floor at Madison Square Garden after a Knicks game with a halftime show by Riverdance. It could be wet or laced with lead, pesticides, or other heavy metals. Furthermore, medical marijuana is often grown to maximize CBD and minimize THC. The opposite is true for illegal marijuana. It is grown to maximize THC, which is the chemical that gives people the high. In some cases, illegal marijuana has negligible CBD. This makes Luann smoking the random joint even less defensible because she has absolutely no clue if what she smoked even had the compounds that treat her anxiety and PTSD.

I'm not against marijuana for medical or even recreational use. However, Luann trying to excuse away being caught smoking pot in public doesn't pass the smell test if you know how this works and smoking pot in public is sloppy as fuq.

*While I don't know about any overdose deaths with marijuana, people have absolutely overdosed on it. And increased popularity of marijuana use has increased the number of patients showing signs of cannabinoid hyperemesis. It's found in patients who heavily smoke. The patient starts vomiting suddenly and can't stop. The only thing that seems to help is constant showering and the only thing that truly stops it is to stop smoking marijuana.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 6

Gotta laugh at that police video recording - - grainy as The Blair Witch Project, with what I’m guessing is night-vision lighting? - - prominently displaying Lu’s statement necklace, a chunky, oversized washer. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 6

Who do you think is going to prosecute Luann for smoking pot?

Probably no one. 

That doesn't mean she's not doing something wrong or illegal. She's facing charges in a different state. Depending on how hard the prosecutor there wants to go after her, it might end up being a poor choice on her part.

I guess the question I would put back it is "Does Luann have to be arrested in order for people to have the opinion that what she's doing is wrong?"

• Love 4
17 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Actually, for people with certain mental illnesses, marijuana doesn’t relax them.  It will actually result in violent episodes. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Actually, for people with certain mental illnesses, marijuana doesn’t relax them.  It will actually result in violent episodes. 

Interesting, the more you know.

Going back to Luann, it seems like NY is not prosecuting so far and she will have her day in court in Florida.

It will be interesting to see if that picture which was taken in NYC will be admitted there.

The only thing that is really damning, imo are the pictures of the Police Officer with bruises on his face.

Why didn’t she take the plea bargain already?

(edited)
4 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

it seems like NY is not prosecuting so far

Prosecuting for what? An anonymous partygoer stating they saw her smoking a blunt? 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Prosecuting for what? An anonymous partygoer stating they saw her smoking a blunt? 

Preaching to the choir, here.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Interesting, the more you know.

Going back to Luann, it seems like NY is not prosecuting so far and she will have her day in court in Florida.

It will be interesting to see if that picture which was taken in NYC will be admitted there.

The only thing that is really damning, imo are the pictures of the Police Officer with bruises on his face.

Why didn’t she take the plea bargain already?

There is no picture of her smoking a blunt, at least that I have seen but there is a picture of a red mark (no bruise though) on a Fla. police officers forehead from her closing the bathroom door in his face.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

There is no picture of her smoking a blunt, at least that I have seen but there is a picture of a red mark (no bruise though) on a Fla. police officers forehead from her closing the bathroom door in his face.

Thanks.

The way she acted on the video, she might not have even realized what she was doing.

Way too premature to invest in a free Luann T-shirt.

from radar on line

54CAD305-15AA-4A5A-AE95-4DC7F5BC61D3.jpeg

• Love 2
(edited)
13 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Thanks.

The way she acted on the video, she might not have even realized what she was doing.

Way too premature to invest in a free Luann T-shirt.

from radar on line

54CAD305-15AA-4A5A-AE95-4DC7F5BC61D3.jpeg

Yes, that's the picture!

Edited by WireWrap
Just now, WireWrap said:

I'm not sure who's picture that is but I think it is safe to say it isn't Luann unless she now sports a 5 o'clock shadow and has a receding hair line!LOL

It is the cop. 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

It is the cop. 

LOL, I saw that and went back to correct my post! I thought this was supposed to be a photo of Luann smoking a doobie! LOL This is what happens when I can't sleep and have been up all night. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

LOL, I saw that and went back to correct my post! I thought this was supposed to be a photo of Luann smoking a doobie! LOL This is what happens when I can't sleep and have been up all night. 

Same here ;-) 

proud member of the lunesta club

• Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 3:23 PM, film noire said:

Because old school recovery = no mind altering substances of any kind (alcohol, pain meds, mj, etc) but in the last decade or so, there are increasingly members of AA (and other recovery groups)  who smoke medical pot (for anxiety, pain, etc) who consider themselves sober, because marijuana is not their drug of addiction. 

Interesting article about using MJ as an "exit drug" here:

"What if rather than being a “gateway” drug—the claim long marshaled by drug prohibitionists—cannabis actually proves to be a safer substitute for problematic use of other substances? And therefore a potential “exit” drug from such use?" (snip) This and other evidence that cannabis can be a substitute for pharmaceutical opiates, alcohol and other drugs—and thereby reduce alcohol-related automobile accidents, violence and property crime, as well as disease transmission associated with injection drug use—could help inform an evidence-based, public health-centered drug policy."

https://www.substance.com/can-we-unlock-marijuanas-potential-as-an-exit-drug/8312/

Since she has a script, Luann could be using cannabis substitution to avoid craving/indulging in the drug (alcohol) that triggered violent behavior in her.  

This is truth. It can be an exit drug from alcohol or heroin.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Methamphetamine and marijuana have different effects on the brain...and? Lots of drugs have different effects on the brain and body, but that doesn't make the legal prescription and use any less legitimate. What that doesn't entitle one to do is use street drugs, which might be adulterated in dozens of different ways and lacking significant quantities of the chemical compounds that are beneficial to that individual whether that drug is amphetamine, opioid, steroid, or cannabinoid.

I feel like I'm missing some point that you're trying to make. I can't tell if you think there is no legitimate medical use for methamphetamine or that cannabis is less dangerous because it's a "relaxant." Regarding the former, there absolutely are legitimate medical uses for methamphetamine.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-we-need-medical-meth-cocaine

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-8676/methamphetamine-oral/details

As to the latter, cannabis isn't a "relaxant." It's a pseudo central nervous system depressant. It has depressant effects, but achieved differently than a CNS depressant. However, other depressants (alcohol, benzos, opioids) are really fucking dangerous. So simply saying that cannabis is less dangerous because it's a depressant isn't true especially if the individual is operating a vehicle or needs fine motor skills.* CNS depressants will depress functions like respiration too.

Finally, Luann has no clue how pure what she smoked was. It could have been stepped on more than the floor at Madison Square Garden after a Knicks game with a halftime show by Riverdance. It could be wet or laced with lead, pesticides, or other heavy metals. Furthermore, medical marijuana is often grown to maximize CBD and minimize THC. The opposite is true for illegal marijuana. It is grown to maximize THC, which is the chemical that gives people the high. In some cases, illegal marijuana has negligible CBD. This makes Luann smoking the random joint even less defensible because she has absolutely no clue if what she smoked even had the compounds that treat her anxiety and PTSD.

I'm not against marijuana for medical or even recreational use. However, Luann trying to excuse away being caught smoking pot in public doesn't pass the smell test if you know how this works and smoking pot in public is sloppy as fuq.

*While I don't know about any overdose deaths with marijuana, people have absolutely overdosed on it. And increased popularity of marijuana use has increased the number of patients showing signs of cannabinoid hyperemesis. It's found in patients who heavily smoke. The patient starts vomiting suddenly and can't stop. The only thing that seems to help is constant showering and the only thing that truly stops it is to stop smoking marijuana.

One thing that's not talked about much in our current pro marijuana climate, is that for some* users who are dependent on marijuana (not physically), their withdrawl involves a lot of anger, ragey anger. 

* I don't know what the percentage is, but it's high enough for me and others I know in the field to have taken notice.

• Love 4

Since she has a script, Luann could be using cannabis substitution to avoid craving/indulging in the drug (alcohol) that triggered violent behavior in her.  

Except that as a person possessing a medicinal marijuana prescription Luann has to follow the parameters of legal marijuana use. She has to obtain her legal marijuana from a legal dispensary, and in NYS, legal marijuana is not issued in smoking form. It's capsules or inhalers. She's required to follow the law in this respect.

She's not allowed to smoke a joint of street recreation pot at random. And seriously, if she's having so much anxiety about alcohol that she has to take a hit off someone's blunt at a party... maybe instead of that, she should leave the party that is triggering her? Instead of desperately searching the crowd for someone's blunt to ease her mental problems?

• Love 6

So this Julie Olson - who you can hear on the police video cam..

I still don't get how she didn't bail Luann out

One article claims - Julie has an apartment in the hotel, and Lu had a room booked there. But then it says Julie left and went home.

Julie didn't leave the room and go "home" as we hear her in the police video. I could have sworn she wanted to go in the police car to get Luann to the station and then she said she'd follow when they said no.

Did the police ever talk to the "mystery man"?

https://pagesix.com/2017/12/26/luann-had-previously-dated-the-guy-found-in-bed-with-her/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5215711/Luann-Lesseps-broke-room-mystery-man-woman.html

http://tamaratattles.com/2017/12/26/luann-de-lesseps-arrest-keeps-on-getting-stranger/

Also wasn't it Julie who put it out to the press that Luann might have been drugged or roofied?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Me too. Finally got to sleep at 5am and woke up at 7:15 am. No matter what time I go to sleep I wake up around the same time. Frustrating! I pray for a pill that would give me 8 hours sleep. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Reality police said:

Me too. Finally got to sleep at 5am and woke up at 7:15 am. No matter what time I go to sleep I wake up around the same time. Frustrating! I pray for a pill that would give me 8 hours sleep. 

We all suffer from insomnia! 

Have any of you tried hypnotherapy? I am considering that next.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, Reality police said:

I haven't tried that. Will look into it. Thanks. What is wrong with us? 

Isn’t it ridiculous?!? The only thing that should be more natural and effortless than sleeping is breathing! I’ve tried everything. People tell me, “Have you tried warm milk at bedtime?” I’m, like, Really?

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Isn’t it ridiculous?!? The only thing that should be more natural and effortless than sleeping is breathing! I’ve tried everything. People tell me, “Have you tried warm milk at bedtime?” I’m, like, Really?

I freak the nurses out when I have been hospitalized (unfortunately numerous times over the past three years) when I'm still awake at 3am. Then i nap and I'm awake at 6. They are pleased that I'm quietly watching tv and not hounding them all night. Meds that normally knock out a rhino leave me wide awake. I guess I'll sleep when I'm dead. 

• Love 7

Try http://www.sleepwithmepodcast.com/.  It's a podcast designed to put you to sleep.  It seems pretty weird at first (because it is), and it can take three or four tries before it works.  For some people it doesn't work at all.  For me it works about 90% of the time, which is about 90% better than anything else I've tried, including sleeping meds, and I've had insomnia all my adult life. 

I feel you.  It's a horrible problem.  Hope this helps.

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, Reality police said:

I freak the nurses out when I have been hospitalized (unfortunately numerous times over the past three years) when I'm still awake at 3am. Then i nap and I'm awake at 6. They are pleased that I'm quietly watching tv and not hounding them all night. Meds that normally knock out a rhino leave me wide awake. I guess I'll sleep when I'm dead. 

Oh, no! I am sorry that you have been hospitalized so many times! I hope that you are okay. Hugs.  

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Oh, no! I am sorry that you have been hospitalized so many times! I hope that you are okay. Hugs.  

Doing much better. Working on building my strength back. Got to keep a positive attitude. I have a wonderful support system. Very grateful. Thanks for the hug. Nothing better. 

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Except that as a person possessing a medicinal marijuana prescription Luann has to follow the parameters of legal marijuana use. She has to obtain her legal marijuana from a legal dispensary, and in NYS, legal marijuana is not issued in smoking form. It's capsules or inhalers. She's required to follow the law in this respect.

She's not allowed to smoke a joint of street recreation pot at random. And seriously, if she's having so much anxiety about alcohol that she has to take a hit off someone's blunt at a party... maybe instead of that, she should leave the party that is triggering her? Instead of desperately searching the crowd for someone's blunt to ease her mental problems?

So far we have an anonymous person taking time out to call  Page Six and report he or she saw Luann take a hit off someone's blunt and her niece bumming a cigarette.  Maybe that same someone will call the sentencing judge in Florida-or better yet fly down and testify to what they saw.

Luann was leaving the party, according to the witness.  I don't think anyone said she was desperately searching the crowd for someone's blunt to ease her mental problems.  Maybe she just felt like taking a hit.  

I am curious what type of sentence you feel Luann should receive.  I don't know about Florida but if Luann is given probation or conditional sentencing where after a certain period of time record is expunged-like Tinsley's, I cannot imagine there will be a whole lot of energy wasted on supervising Luann.  

• Love 4

Luann was leaving the party, according to the witness.  I don't think anyone said she was desperately searching the crowd for someone's blunt to ease her mental problems.  Maybe she just felt like taking a hit.  

The justification for people to ignore her drug use is that she has a prescription and needs her medicine. Right? I mean, I don't want to ruffle any feathers when I point out that Luann's publicist justified her taking a hit with how she has a prescription due to her PTSD (thats a mental problem btw). 

If Luann didn't need the medicine for her medical problem, then Luann was smoking pot recreationally - she just wanted to get intoxicated. In NYS while medical marijuana is legal, it's not legal to smoke it. It's also not legal to obtain outside of a dispensary.  Since Luann is a grown up and not a child, she's required to know the legalities surrounding her medicinal marijuana use. She decided - even though she is facing charges in a different state surrounding her inability to control herself, and despite attending rehab briefly and making a huge to-do about her newfound sobriety, to engage in casual illicit drug use

If you want to give her a pat on the back and a "way to go, Lulu!" you certainly can. She was breaking the law, and her only excuse was possibly needing it medicinally, and you seem to be suggesting she wasn't, she just was having some fun with drugs. I personally think it shows her casual disregard for law - she's rich so she can get away with it and if push ever comes to shove, well, she has a doctor willing to say she's got problems. She's playing a game.

I am curious what type of sentence you feel Luann should receive. 

Well, right now we know she hasn't learned anything from rehab, because she's being spotted using marijuana and her publicist, rather than denying the anonymous report, declared that she's got a prescription for it. The smart thing, when you're awaiting adjudication on charges related to intoxication is to not be seen publically getting high. 

And her actual behavior the night of her arrest was hardly praiseworthy. She got physical with a cop, she made threatening statements, she was so piss drunk, the cops had to be called to take her away from a public establishment. If she wasn't rich, I really think she'd see some jail time because yes, it was a first arrest but it was a hell of a first arrest.

I wouldn't be upset or crying in sympathy if she did get some jail time. In the video of her in the cop car, she clearly said she wanted to kill the cop, she clearly slipped her handcuffs, she was not a treat to be around and needs to learn how not to act in public. Does she need to go away for a year? Nope - I'd be genuinely shocked if she got that sort of sentence. But two months in county jail to learn a stern lesson? Seems pretty fair. She did a dumb thing and by her current behavior, doesn't seem to have learned a lesson yet.

Now would she get two months? Or any time in jail? Very unlikely. She's rich and she's playing the rehab "I'm sick" card. Where I think she will run into issues is that if she can't stay away from party intoxicants now, she might have difficulty on probation. 

• Love 12
7 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Maybe she just felt like taking a hit.  

Maybe -- but based on the fact that Lu enjoys and cultivates the spotlight, and based on her post-arrest claims, catering to a yen to take a hit in public would make her an idiot.

1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

The justification for people to ignore her drug use is that she has a prescription and needs her medicine. Right? I mean, I don't want to ruffle any feathers when I point out that Luann's publicist justified her taking a hit with how she has a prescription due to her PTSD (thats a mental problem btw). 

If Luann didn't need the medicine for her medical problem, then Luann was smoking pot recreationally - she just wanted to get intoxicated. In NYS while medical marijuana is legal, it's not legal to smoke it. It's also not legal to obtain outside of a dispensary.  Since Luann is a grown up and not a child, she's required to know the legalities surrounding her medicinal marijuana use. She decided - even though she is facing charges in a different state surrounding her inability to control herself, and despite attending rehab briefly and making a huge to-do about her newfound sobriety, to engage in casual illicit drug use

If you want to give her a pat on the back and a "way to go, Lulu!" you certainly can. She was breaking the law, and her only excuse was possibly needing it medicinally, and you seem to be suggesting she wasn't, she just was having some fun with drugs. I personally think it shows her casual disregard for law - she's rich so she can get away with it and if push ever comes to shove, well, she has a doctor willing to say she's got problems. She's playing a game.

Well, right now we know she hasn't learned anything from rehab, because she's being spotted using marijuana and her publicist, rather than denying the anonymous report, declared that she's got a prescription for it. The smart thing, when you're awaiting adjudication on charges related to intoxication is to not be seen publically getting high. 

And her actual behavior the night of her arrest was hardly praiseworthy. She got physical with a cop, she made threatening statements, she was so piss drunk, the cops had to be called to take her away from a public establishment. If she wasn't rich, I really think she'd see some jail time because yes, it was a first arrest but it was a hell of a first arrest.

I wouldn't be upset or crying in sympathy if she did get some jail time. In the video of her in the cop car, she clearly said she wanted to kill the cop, she clearly slipped her handcuffs, she was not a treat to be around and needs to learn how not to act in public. Does she need to go away for a year? Nope - I'd be genuinely shocked if she got that sort of sentence. But two months in county jail to learn a stern lesson? Seems pretty fair. She did a dumb thing and by her current behavior, doesn't seem to have learned a lesson yet.

Now would she get two months? Or any time in jail? Very unlikely. She's rich and she's playing the rehab "I'm sick" card. Where I think she will run into issues is that if she can't stay away from party intoxicants now, she might have difficulty on probation. 

orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif

• Love 6

IF Luann receives any sort of punitive sentence, it will be a Lindsay Lohan sort of thing, where she is sentenced to ___ days, reports to jail, then gets released in 45 minutes due to some sort of laughable technicality.

I don't imagine that it will even come to that.  She's wealthy, has notoriety that isn't all negative, and is dealing with a first offense.  All things (along with a couple of other factors) which will serve her well in front of some judge that she has probably eaten canapes along side at some she-she event or another.  Who know, maybe the Count would even intervene on behalf of his children, in the interest of sparing them the title of Spawn of Jail Bait.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

So far we have an anonymous person taking time out to call  Page Six and report he or she saw Luann take a hit off someone's blunt and her niece bumming a cigarette.  Maybe that same someone will call the sentencing judge in Florida-or better yet fly down and testify to what they saw.

I am curious what type of sentence you feel Luann should receive.  I don't know about Florida but if Luann is given probation or conditional sentencing where after a certain period of time record is expunged-like Tinsley's, I cannot imagine there will be a whole lot of energy wasted on supervising Luann.  

KarmacFuBunny: The anonymous person's first name has a sexy J in it

hqdefault.jpg

Luann won't get any time - it's her first offense. I don't know if she'll even get community service

• Love 7
On 5/1/2018 at 10:11 AM, Reality police said:

Do you have a lot of energy, naturally? And do you feel tired during the day? 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Jel said:

Do you have a lot of energy, naturally? And do you feel tired during the day? 

Energy? Probably not so much, I mean I worked my entire life, cleaned, cooked and all that stuff. I do feel tired during the day but don't know how much of that to contribute to my Crohns and reactive arthritis. I have never been one to sleep long hours. Growing up you weren't allowed to "waller in your bed" by my mom. 

• Love 4
On 4/28/2018 at 3:19 AM, LIMOM said:

Is there a way to differentiate between the chemical compound between a therapeutic vape and a street joint?

I see your point is that Luann is being too cavalier with her usage, however she is also a first time offender.

If she was not driving or bothering anyone, I don’t see the point of punishing her for acting like an entitled person.

Perhaps, community service and a rehabilitation program would be applicable in that situation. What would locking up the Countess do for the community?

As far as her being belligerent with the police officer, tapes are needed and since it occurred in an hotel, there will be evidence imo.

It seems like a silly law that you cannot smoke it unless its a vape.  Both can get you high AF.  As someone who would like it legalized federally, I do think one should smoke in a place that would not get bystanders high as is in public on the street.  Be a responsible partaker!  Maybe the vape thing is due to second hand smoke not getting bystanders high.  Not sure.

• Love 5
On 4/28/2018 at 10:27 AM, WireWrap said:

Wow! She is really drunk! Where is the footage of her breaking loose and running away from the police as reported? Oh, and who was making the cat noises? LOL Also, why didn't 1 of the police officers tell her why she was being arrested?

Is it wrong I laughed like a hyena at this video???  I was rooting for the officer to hog tie her.  She was treated much better than others I have seen in her situation.  I don't know if slipping from cuffs would be treated as kindly in the real world as it was here.  The entitlement was strong in this vid.  

• Love 10
(edited)
13 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Well, this proves she is still using mind altering substances. Hallucinogenics, perhaps?

I had a duster like that in the 80's! Thank goodness it finally wore out. Loved that thing. Can't believe Lu is bringing it back. 

Edited by Reality police
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Reality police said:

Energy? Probably not so much, I mean I worked my entire life, cleaned, cooked and all that stuff. I do feel tired during the day but don't know how much of that to contribute to my Crohns and reactive arthritis. I have never been one to sleep long hours. Growing up you weren't allowed to "waller in your bed" by my mom. 

Sounds crazy but I watch boring British tv. It seems to work at time for me. 

12 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Oh Countess, what were you thinking?? How dreadful. 

gettyimages-950967950.jpg

The 90’s are back! And not in a good way.

• Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

It seems like a silly law that you cannot smoke it unless its a vape.  Both can get you high AF.  As someone who would like it legalized federally, I do think one should smoke in a place that would not get bystanders high as is in public on the street.  Be a responsible partaker!  Maybe the vape thing is due to second hand smoke not getting bystanders high.  Not sure.

Recreational marijuana use is being tolerated right now in New York State. Cuomo just announced that since the neighborhood states are moving toward allowing the use of M for medical and recreational use, it would be stupid for NY not to follow as well.

Although, NY is very liberal (too much for some apparently), It still is a strict Law and Order state. And we still have some remnants of the Rockefeller laws.

The first medical dispensary opened here on LI in Riverhead to the dismay of many.

My cop friends are concerned about people driving high more than everything and poor decision making in general.

Also it will be easier for underage kids to get their hands on it. 

On the other hand, they are also tons of cases of Opiod/ fentanyl overdoses which is more troublesome. Plus the MS 13 situation. 

personnaly , I have more issues with the Prison lobby than with the Marijuana lobby for many, many reasons.

here is the penalty code regarding MJ in NY:

http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/marijuana-penalties.htm

As you can see, they are after the dealers not the users.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 6

Although, NY is very liberal (too much for some apparently), It still is a strict Law and Order state. And we still have some remnants of the Rockefeller laws.

I personally vote for the legalization of marijuana for recreational use every time it comes up in my state. Since "some people" are being chided for their views not being "liberal" enough, I feel I am now forced to state my views than accept your public chiding of not being open minded enough. I have no problem with legalizing marijuana for recreational use. My objection to Luann smoking a joint is a) it's not currently legal in her state so like the law or not, she is knowingly breaking the law b) she is professing to be sober publically which like it or not, usually includes pot and c) when caught smoking a joint, she has her publicist declare  she has a prescription so its ok for her to imbibe street marijuana publically, and not follow the medical marijuana guidelines like other patients. 

I'm not the one professing to be sober. Luann is the one who reportedly needs her personal assistants to never drink because the very idea that someone who works closely with her might go home and have a beer is some sort of trigger for Luann's addiction. 

I'm not currently facing charges in a different state that could put me in jail for a year for my behavior while using *legal* intoxicants.

That Luann feels she can flout the law isn't a shocker, its the same behavior she displayed in the lovely arrest video, she thinks she's rich and entitled and can merrily do as she pleases as she is above the law. 

That she is unlikely to be arrested doesn't mean she wasn't willfully breaking the law. That she then blames her behavior on her PTSD just means she has had some coaching in how to play the rich people addiction defense. That she is likely to get away with committing crimes with a slap on the wrist and a heap of sympathy for poor Luann is sad, but likely

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I personally vote for the legalization of marijuana for recreational use every time it comes up in my state. Since "some people" are being chided for their views not being "liberal" enough, I feel I am now forced to state my views than accept your public chiding of not being open minded enough. I have no problem with legalizing marijuana for recreational use. My objection to Luann smoking a joint is a) it's not currently legal in her state so like the law or not, she is knowingly breaking the law b) she is professing to be sober publically which like it or not, usually includes pot and c) when caught smoking a joint, she has her publicist declare  she has a prescription so its ok for her to imbibe street marijuana publically, and not follow the medical marijuana guidelines like other patients. 

I'm not the one professing to be sober. Luann is the one who reportedly needs her personal assistants to never drink because the very idea that someone who works closely with her might go home and have a beer is some sort of trigger for Luann's addiction. 

I'm not currently facing charges in a different state that could put me in jail for a year for my behavior while using *legal* intoxicants.

That Luann feels she can flout the law isn't a shocker, its the same behavior she displayed in the lovely arrest video, she thinks she's rich and entitled and can merrily do as she pleases as she is above the law. 

That she is unlikely to be arrested doesn't mean she wasn't willfully breaking the law. That she then blames her behavior on her PTSD just means she has had some coaching in how to play the rich people addiction defense. That she is likely to get away with committing crimes with a slap on the wrist and a heap of sympathy for poor Luann is sad, but likely

All Luann's rep said was that "“Luann smokes occasionally to help with anxiety and pain from her accident.”", she doesn't say that Luann has a prescription for it nor does she confirm that Luann actually took a hit off of some strangers blunt at that event.

• Love 3

It's actually more illegal if she doesn't have a medical marijuana prescription.

If she didn't take a hit off some stranger's blunt, why not just say so instead of putting out a statement that Luann does smoke pot for anxiety and pain?

• Love 3