Type keyword(s) to search

Kids Baking Championship - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Admittedly, Lila's cake was the only one I wanted to eat. But her volcano looked like an upside down pail. And I didn't like her penguins.

Tasi's was kind of a hot mess. I give her credit for knowing about the parts of the volcano. Her trees didn't look all that great. And would Duff have known that was a mongoose if she hadn't told him.

I understand why Oscar didn't want forest. He had to put a lot of trees and there wasn't time to do it well. Pity because his volcano was stunning. Too bad his flavors were subtle.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Grizzly said:

Admittedly, Lila's cake was the only one I wanted to eat. But her volcano looked like an upside down pail. And I didn't like her penguins.

Tasi's was kind of a hot mess. I give her credit for knowing about the parts of the volcano. Her trees didn't look all that great. And would Duff have known that was a mongoose if she hadn't told him.

I understand why Oscar didn't want forest. He had to put a lot of trees and there wasn't time to do it well. Pity because his volcano was stunning. Too bad his flavors were subtle.

When Oscar chose lemon, again, and Tasi selected her ever-present tropical flavors, it was Lila's to lose.  I want to eat her chocolate cake!

• Like 3

I hated to see Levi leave since he had consistently been at the top most of the competition.  His day just tanked and he never could seem to come back from his mistakes - which in the past he seemed to have had no issue with but I guess the pressure finally got to him.  I suspect he would have made an awesome volcano.

Oscar should have just left off the trees because his volcano was beautiful (he could have put a black wasteland at the bottom and said the volcano had erupted...LOL).  He is one contestant I would like to see come back on another version of the show (and also Levi).

Tasi's life seems almost idyllic.  Doesn't she go to a school that studies ocean life?  That is just so cool!

Lilah is a future cheerleader and already has the huge bow to show for it (it is inevitable when you live in Texas (I'm just kidding - sort of)).  I want to taste her cake because it just sounded delicious - especially where the judges said the caramel had seeped into the cake and made it like candy - nothing bad there!

• Like 7
6 hours ago, RoxiP said:

Lilah is a future cheerleader and already has the huge bow to show for it

When she was talking about her championship crown at the beginning, I was thinking "Uh oh, pageant girl alert."

I felt for Levi, but I think he unconsciously sabotaged himself. He tried too hard to go over the top, over-extended himself, and couldn't recover when things went south. Also, my sister said he jinxed himself when he said he had a cake all planned for the finale. I'd like to see him get a second chance in one of their "special" competitions. Oscar, too.

Tasi would be too much for me IRL (I'm diagnosing through my TV and saying she must have some ADHD), but I got a kick out of watching her on this show. It's nice to see a kid be openly excited about things and not so controlled.

• Like 5

Lila really came around the past few episodes, and I think she deserved the win.  

Disappointed and surprised that Levi didn't make the finale, but he definitely had a very bad semi-final bake.  

I really loved Oscar.  He seems like such a well-mannered and all-around great kid.  Loved when he cried when Elsie was eliminated, and he seemed genuinely happy for Lila when she won.  

Wouldn't mind seeing any of the final 5 in another season.  They all seemed like good kids who could definitely bake.  

• Like 9

I thought the finale judging was fair.  Lilah's cake must have tasted really good and the decoration was the prettiest and cleanest.  Tasi was fun to watch--a free spirit.  I am constantly amazed at the abilities of these very young people!  I shudder to think how I would have come across on a pressure packed competitive national tv show at age 11!

I have to say that Levi and Oscar were my favorites for the season.  So mature and such caring guys.  I'd love to see them again on an all star season.

This show is just a sweet little fun show to watch.  It's very soothing and comforting.  I'm sad to see Val go (I wish her well!) and hope they will find another host who can bring that comfortable vibe.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

Somehow I missed the finale,  was its a 2 part episode last week?  I will watch even though I know the outcome, but don't know how I missed it?