Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: The 1-3-2

• Start Topic

They filled in more blanks, namely that the prison Sam wants is giving Ferrati $4-5 million in kickbacks.

So why does she want that particular site that much?  A streaming service doesn’t need a lot of space.  She could buy up cloud computing resources from Amazon and just need some office space.

So there may be some other revelation about her motivations.

Vinnie from Doogie Howser gets Sean to wear a wire against the corrupt cops and now, he gets Ray to screw over Anita and Sam.

Ray has Lena stash Bridget in his apt?  The crooked cops are after him and his family so wouldn’t they know where he lives?

Mickey spends $1500 on a disguise and is recognized right away by some tourist because his little Hampton Jitney caper gets his face plastered all over the papers.  Meanwhile the wig shop salesman wanted sex with grandpa?

Mopey Bunchey curses out god at the very Boston church where he was molested and what do you know, Auntie Mullet drives right by them outside that church!

So Bunch starts running after her car like an overeager dog!

• Love 5

Interesting how Ray's car didn't get towed while he was held captive. Or stolen.

Lol, some young guy hitting on Mickey. He had no idea what a bullet he dodged when Mickey turned him down.

You almost want to feel sorry for Mac. He's getting fcuked in every orifice simultaneously.

Auntie Mullet

That was a surprise. She had to know the Donovans would track her down eventually. Why make it easy for them? Boston is their town.

• Love 4

At the end I said out loud - who the hell is that? - right before Ray said it.

God I hate Mickey.  I thought he might kindap Smitty to try to get more money from Ray.

Good scene with Bunchy in the church.  Good acting.

• Love 3

Man, Ray is able to juggle a lot of balls in the air at the same time. Of course, it helps that he has Lena. 

We were thisclose to getting rid of Mick. Sigh. 

The bartender must be so happy that the Donovan boys are back in Beantown. She probably missed all the brawls while they were gone. 

• Love 3

OMG, Mickey's disguise was so ridiculously hilarious. On the one hand, I do want to commend him for making an effort to change his appearance. It drives me bonkers when you see people on tv shows and movies trying to go on the run and they just stroll around without making any effort to look different. But the other thing is that you have to try to blend in, so you should be trying to look as non-descript as possible. Plain shirt, plain jacket, jeans, and a baseball cap with the name of the local team. Nothing loud/flashy/memorable.

Nothing like a bar brawl for some brotherly bonding!

Once again, Bridget is the voice of reason this week. Seriously, she moved away to New York to get away from everyone and she's still forced to sneak out of her own apartment for her safety. I did kind of laugh that Ray told Bridget that Smitty needed to leave but he was just left on his own to find somewhere else to go and NOT brought to Ray's apartment.

6 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

The bartender must be so happy that the Donovan boys are back in Beantown. She probably missed all the brawls while they were gone. 

That's Ray's niece, Lauren. She is Abby's sister Margaret's daughter.

• Love 3

That was the bar that Ray bought for Abby's family, right?  

I'll never give Bridget much credit, but her few lines this episode weren't completely stupid.  But who's paying for her school, rent on that amazing loft and her expenses?  Yeah, the man she appears to hate and keeps mouthing off to.  

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Yeah, the man she appears to hate and keeps mouthing off to.  

I don't consider this "mouthing off"

B - And can I go home?
R - Sure. I'll give you a ride.
B - No, no thank you.
B - How many miles between us is it gonna take, Dad?
R - What do you mean?
B - How far do I have to go to get away from all of this?

• Love 2

B - How many miles between us is it gonna take, Dad?
R - What do you mean?
B - How far do I have to go to get away from all of this?

Zero miles. She's marrying a guy who had a debt so big lone sharks were coming after him.

Unless Ray dies (God forbid) or Smitty actually tells her the truth about what Ray did and cleans himself up for good, she'll always be running away from thugs.

• Love 4

Mickey was looking like Christopher Walken in The Continental skits.

Mickey being paranoid then pushing the cop was weak plot movement.  Last episode looked like Bunchy was gonna jump in river, next thing he's in Terry's gym.  I'd like to see Ray get the crap beat out of him several or more times each episode because he deserves it. Very satisfying. Lena too. She's another lowlife character POS

Edited by 100Proof

Auntie: Ha! You keep watching it to see Ray in his tight white shirts just like I do. I tell ya, I fast forward through all his family crap and just try to keep track of what he and Lena are up to and of course Susan Sarandon.  God this show is so bad, but I love Liev. 

• Love 5
On 12/9/2018 at 11:11 AM, scrb said:

Mopey Bunchey curses out god at the very Boston church where he was molested and what do you know, Auntie Mullet drives right by them outside that church!

A small part of me was wishing lightning struck Bunchy in church. 

I'm sure he'll find a way to screw up not getting the money again.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

A small part of me was wishing lightning struck Bunchy in church. 

I'm sure he'll find a way to screw up not getting the money again.

The way he kept rattlin' off all the places he was diddled I half thought that he was the one what kept goin' back for more, lol

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Auntie: Ha! You keep watching it to see Ray in his tight white shirts just like I do.

Actually, I think that Liev Schreiber bares a striking resemblance to a Doberman Pinscher. I don’t find him attractive at all. However, that emotive eyebrow of his is fascinating.

So does seeing Aunt Mullet qualify as the sign from God that Bunch was begging for?

1 hour ago, 100Proof said:

The way he kept rattlin' off all the places he was diddled I half thought that he was the one what kept goin' back for more, lol

I don't think Bunchy at any age knows what he wants.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m amazed at Lena’s loyalty to Ray. He doesn’t treat her well and she’s always sitting there waiting for his next phone call. 

I thought that Ray having her girlfriend go on tv to admit it was all a setup without informing Lena first was the straw that would break the camel's back.

• Love 3
On 12/10/2018 at 9:37 AM, Auntie Anxiety said:

Why do I keep watching this?

It's kind of like approaching a twelve car pileup in a freeway traffic jam. You can't resist looking to see how awful it is.

• Love 1

Would somebody tell t.v. writers that there is nothing compelling about watching major characters getting intoxicated and behaving stupidly, week after week? I mostly hatewatch this show now, but even that has limits. The tedium of the same scene being portrayed, week after week, has about brought me to mine. Good grief.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, 100Proof said:

Your comment is highly insensitive.  No one asks for this.

I found the scene completely heartwrenching.  Even though this story is fiction, I cannot imagine what Bunchy has been through and how all of the abuse completely fucked him up for life, all of the bad decisions, etc.  The enormity of it explains it all.  And to think this was/is a reality for thousands of boys.  

• Love 4

A collection of observations:
1) Having a little difficulty with the Bunchy story line...too dark and full of despair.
2) They sure do drink a ton in this show.  Amazing how they stay upright.
3) The NYC scenes seem so traffic-free.  Maybe this is not really NY, eh?
4) I despise the Micky (Jon Voight) story line...it is disgusting that he keeps winning.
5) Does Bridget ever go to class?  Or does she spend all day and night studying on her bed.

1 hour ago, roughing it said:

Your comment is highly insensitive.  No one asks for this.

I found the scene completely heartwrenching.  Even though this story is fiction, I cannot imagine what Bunchy has been through and how all of the abuse completely fucked him up for life, all of the bad decisions, etc.  The enormity of it explains it all.  And to think this was/is a reality for thousands of boys.  

Bunchy's a character. He's fictional. I poked fun at a fictional character in a fictional tv show spouting words of fiction from a script. He's not real. His molestation NEVER HAPPENED......because IT'S FICTION. They're ACTORS. It's all MAKE BELIEVE. I poked fun at a FICTIONAL SCENE. That's the CONTEXT.  Absolutely nothing to do with being insensitive to real life happenings.

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I thought that Ray having her girlfriend go on tv to admit it was all a setup without informing Lena first was the straw that would break the camel's back.

I guess they never really bothered to say why she's so loyal to Ray.

In fact, she begged Ray to let her go get Bridget, which is a risk for her.  She can't be doing this only for a paycheck, though maybe Ray is generous since he rarely seems to have money problems.

With Avi, you can kind of understand the loyalty or the actor really sold that Avi was loyal and fond of Ray and his family.

With Lena, the motivations aren't clear.  Either the writers didn't give the actress a chance to demonstrate her sense of loyalty or she couldn't pull it off?

11 minutes ago, scrb said:

With Lena, the motivations aren't clear.  Either the writers didn't give the actress a chance to demonstrate her sense of loyalty or she couldn't pull it off?

In some past season, Lena was gonna bail on Ray or something. Ray reminded her that he basically pulled her out from the gutter she was living in and also sprung her from prison because, iirc, she had beat up a girlfriend of hers to within an inch of her life or something.  Oddly though, I think last episode Winslow asked her what she was in jail for and Lena responded with some rather minor offense

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, 100Proof said:

I poked fun at a fictional character in a fictional tv show spouting words of fiction from a script.

I don't think the subject matter is something to "poke fun" about - fictional or otherwise.  But that's just me.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, roughing it said:

I don't think the subject matter is something to "poke fun" about - fictional or otherwise.  But that's just me.

I get it. It's not something I'd joke about in real life either. You also expressed yourself fine after that first sentence.

Edited by 100Proof

The show is still entertaining even though the story lines are a bit far fetched.

I did notice in the last episode that some of the editing was poor.  Terry started the show with no marks on his face even though he has just fought 2 days ago.  Later in the episode at the cemetery the marks reappeared!  Someone should be responsible for that.

Does Ray EVER eat?

22 hours ago, scrb said:

Katherine Moennig is an excellent actress.  Her portrayal of Shayne in "The L Word" was exceptional.  I'm betting she could kill anything the writers will giver her, they just need to do it already.  

There's a backstory there I'm very interested in, as I'm sure many are, if the writers have it fleshed out.  I adore her and really want to see her more deeply utilized in these story lines.

• Love 1
On 12/10/2018 at 1:15 PM, Loandbehold said:

I didn't remember that until I went to look the actress up on imdb and saw the pics of the prior episode.

The Boston accents, yikes.  The bartender trying her best for that accent and then she says the word aunt like "ant".  NO.  It's "ahhhnt".   You will never hear a Bostonian say "my Ant Abby".     How did someone not catch that?    It was grating. 

• Love 1
On 12/12/2018 at 1:20 PM, leighdear said:

Katherine Moennig is an excellent actress.  Her portrayal of Shayne in "The L Word" was exceptional.  I'm betting she could kill anything the writers will giver her, they just need to do it already.  

There's a backstory there I'm very interested in, as I'm sure many are, if the writers have it fleshed out.  I adore her and really want to see her more deeply utilized in these story lines.

That should have been done years ago, at the expense of yet another scene of a Donovan getting shitfaced. 

The show nearly ranks with "The Americans" in terms of squandered opportunity.

• Love 3

Thank you Bannon...I totally agree.....she is fantastic in this and everything she does...and they need her back story, or shit, just give her a story...she is more interesting than Ray's family. My senile shh tzu is more lively than his revolting family. At least the harpy wife with the fake Boston accent is finally finally dead! 

• Love 3
On 12/11/2018 at 5:13 PM, 100Proof said:

I get it. It's not something I'd joke about in real life either. You also expressed yourself fine after that first sentence.

Well, I agree with ROUGHING IT. Of course it is a tv series, but joking about what happened to a fictional character has a broader context. It becomes a joke about the topic or subject regardless of whether it happened in real life. 

I can think of characters in books and shows who were raped or even murdered, but if I made a joke about it... it becomes a joke about rape or murder. I don't think I have to cite examples. 

• Love 1