Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E13: We Are Grounders, Part II

(edited)

Based on the SpoilerTV promo photos,

there's not much given away.

http://www.spoilertv.co.uk/images/The%20100/Season%201/Promotional%20Episode%20Photos/Episode%201.13%20-%20We%20Are%20Grounders%20-%20Part%202/HU113d_0495b.jpg-3fad38e5-t3.jpg.php

Everyone just looks prepped for the pending grounder attack, and that's about it.

Bellamy forces Octavia to make a difficult decision in the Season 1 finale

Octavia has to pick between the hunky grounder, Lincoln, and Jasper -- I think that's an easy decision to figure out.  But she will likely get kidnapped by the Mountain Men that have Monty.

Finn takes a risk

Finn decides to take a bath in the river with the monster in it.

Here's a bit more extensive episode description

Clarke pleads with Bellamy to do the right thing as conflict on the ground comes to a head. Bellamy forces Octavia to make a difficult decision. Raven and Jasper work against time and Finn makes a bold move. Meanwhile, the situation on the Ark comes to a stunning conclusion.

Raven and Jasper work against time -- has to be some sort of defense using the rocket fuel in the pipes under the dropship, but didn't Raven just get shot last epsiode.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

Two more previews of the season finale

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/06/the-100-episode-113-we-are-grounders_10.html

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/06/the-100-episode-113-we-are-grounders_11.html

From the previews,

-- despite being gutshot below the right kidney, Raven is good to go after a little cauterization that stops the EXTERNAL bleeding (Clarke makes a point to mention that, so it will probably come into play later as though the bullet is still jangling around inside Raven).  Really, it's just a flesh wound.

-- Drew is the redshirt that gets killed by the spear from a grounder scout

-- the rocket fuel (last episode's Chekov's gun) mentioned by Raven is now a viable source material for bombs, which I bet will go off by the end of the episode.

-- according to the picture in Lincoln's book, the Mountain Men look like heavily tattooed and pierced versions of the Grounders.  There is also a picture of what could be the monster that bit Octavia while she was swimming.

Well they brought back the type of bad music from the pilot to the finale.

If Jasper can live through being speared directly in the chest( and later become a damn warrior) than Raven can survive a bullet to the spine. 

Clarke to Finn :I can't lose you again

While Raven sits on the ground bleeding internally. I know the writers don't want us to be angry at Clarke at all in this lame triangle but scenes like that make me want Raven to snuff her in the face.

I know they're outside in the forest but sometimes the dark lighting on this show gets on my nerves. Its like they don't want anyone to be able to see the scenes.

The reapers coming out like a bunch of howler monkeys and attacking was downright comical when I'm sure they were supposed to be scary.

I'm about tired of Clarke's back and forth ethics. She wanted to fry the grounders alive and when they start attacking Anya who came in knives fling to kill them she changes her mind. If its supposed to come across as noble it doesnt. 

What bs that Jaha stayed behind in space

Kudos on having an ending that made me go WTF though. Because that ending was so out of left field. 

• Love 1

Well they defied my expectations with this episode and I am looking forward to next season. Everything is up in the air and now we have a new twist with Clarke and the others being locked up. I am really impressed with how the wrapped up the season. More thoughts later.

• Love 6

Here's the thing... I had so many questions. Where did Bellamy and the crew get little figurines to map out their plan for the taking on the Grounders? How did it appear that The 100 were walking for a while, and then instantly wound up back at camp once that blonde kid took a sharp object to the face? Why did everyone around The 100 ship get vaporized instantly, and then we're presented a shot of a man simply on fire? I could go on and on. 

But, you know what? I enjoyed it. I liked the twist that the "Mountain Men" aren't some backwoods animals, but are dudes from Mount Weather sporting some advanced weaponry. I'm looking forward to S2 and how long it'll take Abby to find out Clarke's being held captive with the rest of The 100 (and Anya). And maybe Octavia and Lincoln will start their own little Grounder/100 family! 

How did it appear that The 100 were walking for a while, and then instantly wound up back at camp once that blonde kid took a sharp object to the face?

I took a handful of handwavium at that point and then enjoyed the rest of the episode...until I got Lost flashbacks when the Not!Others/Weathermen showed up.

So Bellamy is toast, right?

• Love 2

To be fair, the show has never shied away from shocking deaths, from Charlotte to Wells. I do think they have the balls to kill off main characters, even if the audience may deem them to be "favorites." 

• Love 1

So, are Bellamy and Finn actually dead? I'm afraid that scene was so chaotic and dimly lit, that I couldn't tell if they were getting stabbed and/or torched to death or if there were any possible escapes for either of them. Did Clarke believe she was looking at the charred remains of Finn on the ground when the Mountain Men attacked?

Even with all the fireworks and peril for the 100, I cared more about what happened on the Ark. I knew Jaha would sacrifice himself. He was a kind of Moses figure. He brought his people through trials and hardship, but he himself couldn't travel through to the promised land. In fact, as dramatic as the scene was when Abby climbed out of the Ark into the sun, she underplayed it. How would I feel if, after focusing on getting to Earth all my life, I finally made it? I'd be crying.

If the writers kill off Raven, it will be a bad mistake. Perhaps she'll be saved at Mt. Weather in what look like awesome (and clean!) facilities.

Best thing: Abby breathing fresh air for the first time in her life.

Worst thing: not nearly enough Lincoln. Can we please see this guy in the light, already? Preferably shirtless.

Overall, I've enjoyed the show, and I'll be back next season.

• Love 2

So, are Bellamy and Finn actually dead?

Doubt it, I;d be shocked if that did happen, but no bodies = no confirmation, probably taken away like her and Monty.

To be fair, the show has never shied away from shocking deaths, from Charlotte to Wells. I do think they have the balls to kill off main characters, even if the audience may deem them to be "favorites." 

Charlotte's death was not shocking. No one thought she would last after she murdered Wells. And while Wells death was shocking it was somewhat expected in a "the black guy is always the first to go" type of way. 

• Love 1

Abby and Kane getting to Earth was my favorite part, but man, if they kill Jaha, then they really are on a quest to just kill all the black guys on this show.  Lincoln better watch his ass, unless being a Grounder gives him immunity.  I mean, Jaha was still technically alive, but I can't see how they will get around this, unless the rest of the Ark just had a secret escape pod hanging around.  Or he's get picked up by aliens.

Well, this certainly was a season finale, with all the twists and everyone being separated, disarrayed, or worse.  Octavia is injured and with Lincoln.  Raven is injured.  Most of the Grounders are dead, except Anya.  A new group of Grounders called The Mountain Men show up, kidnap everyone, and now they're all prisoner in some kind of modern facility.  Oh, and Bellamy and Finn might have both been incinerated.  Yeah, we'll see about that.  I know the producers are talking a big game, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if both are still alive.  Not sure how, but I can't see The CW letting them kill off both of the "hunks."  Plus, having Bellamy and Finn working together has potential for plenty of drama, since both of them are so... different in almost every way.

Overall, this episode does make me want to see where this is going, so I'll call it a success.  I feel like this is a case were the creators have a good idea, but I wonder if it's be hampered by the studio interfering and  making them "CW it up", for a lack of a better phrase.  But maybe it will work out.

• Love 1
(edited)

Could they possibly pad the episode with some more filler ?  That slo-mo trek through the woods was just a waste of time. Do they not have enough story to tell ? And how did they get back to camp so quickly ? Because the very next scene they are back by the dropship.

When did they build that fancy tunnel under the wall ?  There has been no mention of it previously.

According to the simulation, they were going to land the remnants of the Ark in Africa, of course they landed within spitting distance of the dropship.

Apparently the magic bullet from the Kennedy assassination was used by Murphy to shoot Raven, and the bullet entered near where her appendix should be, and moved into her spine.  Seriously ?  And the magic seaweed will repair everything.

Despite the fact that none of the Ark modules have a heat shield, I'm sure they will all be just fine.  Is it wrong that I hoped they overshoot Virginia and end up in the Atlantic ?

Jaha's first name is Thelonius ?

Who knew that the great-great-grandson of Bill Paxton was one of the 100 -- during the battle you heard "Game over, man, game over" on the walkie-talkies.

Octavia takes off with Lincoln in order to survive her leg wound -- that was her big decision from the episode description. WTF?

I take it that Finn has read the collected works of Stieg Larsson with that hornet's nest quip, because I doubt there were a lot of hornets on the Ark.

How could 6 reapers take so long to kill when there were around a 100 grounders ?

If the wheel station that Jaha is marooned on is no longer spinning, where is the gravity coming from ?  He should be floating everywhere.

I like how the rockets only burned everything on one side of the ship while it was hovering off the ground during the burn.  Did the mutant horses also get incinerated ?

The Mountain Men FINALLY show up, thanks to their encounter with Monty.  Of course they are in the quarantine ward -- who knows what kind of exotic viruses/bacteria developed over a nearly a 100 years in space that the Mt. Weather people would have no immunity to ?  If Clarke knew anything about medicine, she should know that and not be panicking.

Bellamy and Finn aren't dead -- who are the writer's trying to kid ?

From that tvline.com article

Clark, Monty and the other 47 people in the drop ship take us to Mount Weather.

At least we have a head count that under 50 people survived from the initial 100 (I wish they had picked a different name for this show because it makes no sense going into Season 2).

TVLINE | We didn’t see too many romantic developments this week. Can we expect more next season?
For me, that’s not what the show’s about, and I don’t think anyone will be surprised to hear me say that.

Really ?  if anything it's all about the love quadrilaterals or whatever shape is required to track who is banging who.

ETA: When Clarke woke up in that locked white room, dressed in a very snug form-fitting white outfit, I was getting visions of Alice from the Resident Evil franchise.  Of course after Clarke finished yelling at Monty across the hall, her next thought will probably be who cleaned me up and changed my clothes while unconscious - - and since this is the CW, her next thought after that will be "was it a guy and was he good looking".

Edited by ottoDbusdriver

TV line article with some info from one of the producers. http://tvline.com/2014/06/11/the-100-finale-recap-finn-dead-season-2-spoilers/

TVLINE | ...Please give me hope that he survived...

Well, a lot of lives hang in the balance at the end of the episode, obviously. This is a show where life is precious. People die, and violence has real ramifications. I don’t want to speak too much about who lives and who dies until we reveal that next season, other than to say that one of the things I think that works successfully for us is that notion of not knowing how it’s going to end. The shows that I love – Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead in particular — do that very well. Frankly, I don’t think we’ve done enough of it, so maybe things will get worse before they get better.

So if he invokes the name of two shows that are famous for regularly killing off character (I know that and I don't even watch either of them), that could mean next season will be more like The 50.

Oh, and Bellamy and Finn might have both been incinerated.  Yeah, we'll see about that.  I know the producers are talking a big game, but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if both are still alive.  Not sure how, but I can't see The CW letting them kill off both of the "hunks."  Plus, having Bellamy and Finn working together has potential for plenty of drama, since both of them are so... different in almost every way.

Overall, this episode does make me want to see where this is going, so I'll call it a success.  I feel like this is a case were the creators have a good idea, but I wonder if it's be hampered by the studio interfering and  making them "CW it up", for a lack of a better phrase.  But maybe it will work out.

I don't think its fair to use the Network as an excuse for the writing. Finn and Bellamy aren't even standard CW hunks. I doubt the network would mandate that those two stay alive.  Bellamy and Finn are no Damon and Stefan. Hell Finn really doesnt even seem to be that well liked fandom wise.

• Love 2

Charlotte's death was not shocking. No one thought she would last after she murdered Wells. And while Wells death was shocking it was somewhat expected in a "the black guy is always the first to go" type of way. 

Exactly, it's always been the expendable characters like black characters on this show, Charlotte was never a big character, she just had some focus when she killed Wells and then died.

Exactly, it's always been the expendable characters like black characters on this show, Charlotte was never a big character, she just had some focus when she killed Wells and then died.

Yeah they couldn't even kill off Jasper because they fell in love with the actor so it would be shocking for me if they actually killed Finn or Bellamy characters they clearly care alot about.

Yeah they couldn't even kill off Jasper because they fell in love with the actor so it would be shocking for me if they actually killed Finn or Bellamy characters they clearly care alot about.

Exactly, I'd be surprised otherwise.

Bellamy is alive and so is Finn, the Bellamy/Raven hook up is going to come into play somehow, otherwise they would have had Raven hook up with any old red shirt for the pity sex. I assume they got going since they knew about plan rocket.

The ending surprised me, but I hope we don't have the 47 spend too much time in the white rooms.

When does the show return ?

• Love 2

Bellamy is alive and so is Finn, the Bellamy/Raven hook up is going to come into play somehow, otherwise they would have had Raven hook up with any old red shirt for the pity sex. I assume they got going since they knew about plan rocket.

The ending surprised me, but I hope we don't have the 47 spend too much time in the white rooms.

When does the show return ?

I think the show returns in October. IIRC the new season premieres last fall were in October.

There's 47 teens and it still feels way less than that. Hopefully next season we get to know more of the teens instead of them just being redshirts and sheep.

This episode featured some super duper cheesy dialogue...like way worse than I've ever noticed before.  Plus, the dramatic slow motion as The 100 walked away from the camp in the beginning was just way over the top.

Don't worry about sacrificing yourself, Jaha, you were doomed anyways since you weren't on the same section of the Ark as Kane, Abby, and Sinclair.  Actually, he'll probably figure out some way to get down to Earth next season.  I hope he grabbed some food since he's going to last a little while in his Stargate section of the Ark.  How in the heck did Abby's section of the Ark land?  I heard Sinclair say something about them needing to be below 70 mph, but what slowed their descent so that they didn't just die on impact?

Murphy is just not having a good time.  I don't know if he willingly went back to the Grounders or if they captured him again, but either way he's an idiot.  They tortured him, ripped his fingernails out, infected him with hemorrhagic fever, and in this episode he got stabbed in the leg.  Fun times.  He should have probably been more careful in avoiding the Grounders.

I'm betting that Finn and Bellamy survived.  Maybe TPTB did this so that they can look at the feedback for the characters and decide if they really want to kill either of them off.  I can't say that I would miss Finn.  Whoever said that he sounds like he stepped out of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure was right.  That's all I think about anymore when I hear him talk.

Yay, Lincoln is not dead.  I think that if I wanted to survive, that's who I'd be sticking with.  @BungalowSummer, if you want to see Lincoln shirtless, you can catch him on Mistresses where he is currently playing a sexy artist.  And, he has been shirtless in every episode so far, I think.  Fair warning, though, that show is truly terrible.

So the Mountain Men are like SWAT?  This is bizarre.  I'm not actually sure that I like the direction that we'll be going next season. 

• Love 1

I still couldn't believe Clarke saying there were 82 people still alive before the big massacre. How is that possible? By my count it should have been closer to 70 between the early deaths, the epidemic and Murphy's murder spree. But whatever, I was guessing it was down to around the 50, before they probably get all added back up with whomever made it to Earth.

The Mountain Men FINALLY show up, thanks to their encounter with Monty.  Of course they are in the quarantine ward -- who knows what kind of exotic viruses/bacteria developed over a nearly a 100 years in space that the Mt. Weather people would have no immunity to ?  If Clarke knew anything about medicine, she should know that and not be panicking.

Actually it's more likely the other way around; that the folks on earth (the Grounders at least, possibly the mountain dudes) would have developed diseases that the arc peeps haven't been exposed to.  Also possible that the Grounders would have some stuff that the Mountain peeps wouldn't have a resistance to but the ark people are going to be at the highest risk of encountering previously unknown diseases.

• Love 1
(edited)

The Mountain Men FINALLY show up, thanks to their encounter with Monty.

What encounter? I either missed that or don't recall.

I'm now remembering at the last moment of the Grounders at the Gates before the rockets went off that Finn gave Bellamy a knowing look, so I'm guessing that at the beginning of next season, after the pink smoke clears and the Mountain Men have carted the 47 off to Mt. Weather, that Finn and Bellamy will pop up out of tunnels like gophers.

Assuming Murphy survives, how will this effect his sociopathic personality?

Edited by shapeshifter

Sorry, Anya, you are a tribe of 1 now. Wonder how much the other tribes will pay for you.

On the other hand, we did finally reach that survival bunker.

Hey, all you people complaining that the title of the show is obsolete-- have faith! When the surviving adults join the kids, it'll be 100 again.

I would.. not miss Finn and Bellamy if they are both barbecue. Clarke and Raven have more chemistry with each other than either ever did with the boys, and are also more interesting. And.. "I'd pick you first". "of course you would, I'm awesome"..I ship it. 

So, the mountain men have their shit together, but were not in contact with the ark. Too dangerous to use radio transmitters? At least this means Raven is likely to get surgery in an actual medical facility.. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Yeah unless someone is a series regular or a recurring over a number of years they don’t get to even think about it being shocking. Wells was in 3 episodes and Charlotte in 2 it’s just a slightly expanded “redshirt” death. I’m not saying people couldn’t find them effective, but it’s the type of death producers *think* they can big up as unexpected, when it really isn’t.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1

I would.. not miss Finn and Bellamy if they are both barbecue. Clarke and Raven have more chemistry with each other than either ever did with the boys, and are also more interesting. And.. "I'd pick you first". "of course you would, I'm awesome"..I ship it. 

I really can't see those two every being friends unless they take Finn out of the equation. I found that whole "I'd pick you first" season to be really cheesy dialogue wise but really also really annoying considering it came about because Clarke and Finn were angsting over each other in the scene before.

(edited)
Kudos on having an ending that made me go WTF though.

Yes, they are keeping me interested, despite the CW-ness of it all. I also appreciated the dirtiness and scabbiness of Octavia's and Clarke's faces. More, please. 

It is becoming the show's shtick now :  "character appears to have died, off-screen". They've already done this with Finn, then Lincoln, and now with Bellamy and Finn. I would be very, very surprised if a main character died without a drawn-out, super-emo, close-up death scene, along with the standard death dialogue of "promise me you'll go on living", or "I should have told you how I really felt about  ... urkkk "

..But I'm willing to be surprised by such an unexpected, off-screen death. Do it. C'mon. 

Finding myself looking forward to the next season of this. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 2

The Mountain Men FINALLY show up, thanks to their encounter with Monty.

What encounter? I either missed that or don't recall.

A couple of episodes ago, Monty was wandering through the woods when he encountered something/somebody and suddenly disappeared (only no one around camp seemed to really notice), and he only now shows up across the hall from Clarke in Mt. Weather.  I'm thinking that the Mt. Weathermen captured Monty, interrogated him and found their way to the dropship camp.

• Love 2

I was entertained and I'm already counting down the days until October or whenever the premier is.  I want to see the dynamic of Finn and Bellamy working together (assuming they both survive) to find the others since they pretty much hate each others guts.  It will be interesting. 

i.e. the "CW-ness" - if this means the romance/angst/etc., what show doesn't have this?!  It's not overkill, and it runs steady through all the show as they set up battles, medical mysteries, and survival. 

My only thought on the landing sight for the Ark survivors was thinking that they are nowhere near the kids and that it will be the mid season cliff hanger when they finally meet up, but that's just a theory.  I shouted at my TV that they were in the Rockies and not Appalachia like the kids, but I know they shoot in Canada near the Canadian Rockies so I'm sure that's not the case.   

Wells, to me, was a shocking death in the sense that in all the promos and ads for the series he was featured so prominently.  And it shocked the hell out of me that little tiny Charlotte was the one that did it.  At that point, he was a series regular, even if it had only been 3 episodes.  Charlotte's death was less surprising, but still perfect for dramatic effect.

• Love 2

Okay, now the show makes less sense to me than it did before.  The Mountain Men look military, perhaps descendants of survivors who sheltered in bunkers and such while the rest of the population either evacuated the planet or did the best they could with what they could find.  So the well-equipped and provisioned militia are still hunkered down on Mt. Weather while the rest of the population survives as best they can with Stone-Age tech and tribal warfare?  If this was The Walking Dead, I guess Mt. Weather is Woodbury where everyone is clean and safe; the 100 and Anya's group are in the equivalent of prisons which are fortified but vulnerable, and the Reapers are the Walkers?  Or if this was Game of Thrones, Mt. Weather is King's Landing where everything is okay on the surface and Anya's people are the Wildings who want none of that civilization?  I see the influences, but not the compelling storylines or the characters I can care about.

I was very uncomfortable with the incineration of the Grounders.  The guns and the rocket fuel were game-changers for me, making it more difficult for me to root against the Grounders when they faced lethal threats like that while managing with spears.  I did see the indigenous population versus incoming colonizers aspect of the show, and I wonder if the writers ever considered that or did they intend the 100 to be the sympathetic ones?  I did appreciate that Clarke looked shocked when she saw the extent of the devastation.

On the shallow end, I'm happy Lincoln survived and will return in October for that, if nothing else. 

I loved the finale and can't wait for October.  I try not to nit pick my shows too much, for me it takes all the enjoyment out of watching.  Things that I loved:

1. The over-dramatic  music. I don't know, it just did it for me.

2. Kane (and not just because I have inappropriate thoughts about the actor). His willingness to sacrifice himself for everyone else, their reactions in the ship when he was leaving then his look of utter devastation when he realized that Jaha beat him to it and he was going to lose someone he liked/respected. His character took a completely different turn then I thought they were going with. Also I have inappropriate thoughts about him :)

3. Jaha, I just really liked his character and would love for some way for him to make it to earth. He was a true captain of the ship and selfless.

4. Clarke and Raven. Two strong females that are not letting their mutual feels for a guy get in the way of working together and treating each other decently. 

5. The 47 beating the Grounders. I believe the 47 tried their best to find a solution without bloodshed, they tried to leave,, the grounder wouldn't even let them leave, they just started killing them when they raised the white flag and tried to walk away. This time the grounders started a war they could not win. 

6. Kane 

7. The Mountain Men. I cannot wait to see that happens with this.

8. The scene between Bellamy, Octavia and Lincoln.

9. "Game over man" This just happens to be one of my favorite quotes from Aliens. I laughed out load when I heard it.

Anyway, this show was much better then I thought it would be.

• Love 8

i.e. the "CW-ness" - if this means the romance/angst/etc., what show doesn't have this?!  It's not overkill, and it runs steady through all the show as they set up battles, medical mysteries, and survival. 

Wells, to me, was a shocking death in the sense that in all the promos and ads for the series he was featured so prominently.  And it shocked the hell out of me that little tiny Charlotte was the one that did it.  At that point, he was a series regular, even if it had only been 3 episodes.  Charlotte's death was less surprising, but still perfect for dramatic effect.

My problem with the romance/angst is that its horribly written and featured prominent in every episode despite the producers trying to say romance isn't the focus. If romance isn't the focus why did they force the love triangle all season? And they so wanted to say their love triangle was different that they took out alot of the emotion in it. Someone can't go through heartbreak without being angry yet they din't really want Raven to let out her anger on Finn and Clarke so they settled for occasional glaring each episode which just made her look bitter.  Octavia's pairings were quickly thrown together without much development. I was annoyed when they tried to make it seem like she did Jasper wrong when the only thing we saw happen between her and Jasper was a kiss. Yet online there were posts about her being a fickle slut. And then there was Raven and Bellamy's pointless hookup.

The whole Wells/Charlotte debacle was a perfect example of writing for shock value only with no real effect to the rest of the show. Wells death ended up being a waste and everyone only cared for that episode. Hell I didn't event get a sense from Clarke that she cared that much considering as soon as she found out it was Charlotte she was busy trying to cover for her. Charlotte's suicide was a cheap cop out where she didn't have to face the consequences of her actions. That situation should've changed the dynamic of the show. Some of the group should've broken off into their own camp but instead the other teens just continued to follow Bellamy and Clarke without question.

To me the writers are too afraid to play things anything but safe  and its the difference between this show being much watch to an alright show on a Wednesday night when there's really no other options. If they don't change that I'll probably end up giving up this show in the fall.

• Love 3
(edited)

The Mountain Men seem less like survivors, more like scientists studying whoever was left.  The Grounders never stated that they were at war with the Mountain Men, only a implied a deep-seated fear.  My guess: they're picked off from time to time for experiment purposes. Which is equally terrifying, but also fits into what we've seen.  More likely, we'll see something like the "Samsara" Initiative, stationed at Mt. Weather, and keeping pandas in cages.   This show is going full on "Lost" in its sci-fi homages and I kind of love it.  So long as they limit the flashbacks and don't take a field trip to heaven, i'm in.

Bellamy definitely makes it.  His and Clarke's constant clashing over leadership is the best part of the show.  Plus, abs.  I've only seen the promos, but both the dudes on "Reign" are totally wonky looking and they're not going anywhere.

Raven got such a raw deal.  She had better survive so she and Clarke can take over the world, and dispatch Finn, forever.

Finally: Reapers?  It's like a troupe of orcs and those things from "The Hills Have Eyes" mated.  The Grounders are relatively healthy - I'd really like to know the backstory on both groups.

Edited by Lila82
  • Love 3
"Mt. Weather beds." Hee

What are the resources at their disposal that they were able to travel to New York to steal "Starry Night" from the Museum of Modern Art and hang it up in one of their quarantined quarters?

I totally didn't get that it was the frackin original Starry Night. I wonder if Monty got the Mona Lisa in his room, or if it was destroyed in the apocalypse.

@In2You, you forgot to mention the really pretty boy that Octavia seduced when he was supposed to be babysitting her for Bellamy. I don't recall how he died, but I think it involve the wrath of Bellamy. The brother sister farewell scene in the finale was the first decent sibling scene that I can recall.

I still can't believe how much I enjoy this show, despite how much nitpicking is available.  Though, it's probably the nitpicking that makes it so enjoyable.  It's like magical or something.

I'm guessing that magical stuff will come into play with Jaha and the boys.  Probably some secret backdoor thing that Abby used to escape the dropship coupled with some of that teleportation the show likes to use.  The boys flew to the underground sex shed that Finn and Clarke used earlier.  Jaha will just appear out of nowhere.  I mean, it's sort of sad that I expected Jaha to die since the show has made a point of killing off all black characters.  But I really hope there is magic to be had so Jaha survives because it's balls that Moses don't get to pass out from all that fresh oxygen down on the ground.  Maybe the Mountain Men have a SpaceX Dragon cargo ship they hoarded in their bunker.  I just don't want to have to see any flares if we visit the Ark again.  

Speaking of Mountain Men, that was sort of a shocker.  I was expecting something to explain why Jasper got speared heading to the mountain that would support Anya saying that the Arkteens fired the first shot.  Because now, she just looks dumber.  But at least she survived, so that's cool.  I wouldn't want fine art in a locked hospital room.  In a normal world, that shit would get destroyed pretty quickly.  Lock me in a white room (which is torture, btw) and I'm definitely going to ruin the pretty painting and break apart the frame in order to spread some color around, possibly even some good old fashioned blood art.  

I think one thing that makes this show enjoyable is that there really aren't people or groups to fully sympathize with.  There are some wishy washy people.  The only one I'm 100% rooting for now is Raven.  Girl best survive her appendix/spine injury.  I wonder if they will Charles Xavier her and make her the paraplegic wisdom speaker.  

Looking forward to next season.  Glad (hoping) for it to be back to 100 again so the title doesn't drive me bonkers.  I mean, I assume the mass kill off of random Arkteens and Arkdults was to help get it back to The 100.  

• Love 1
Presumably, when the world "ended," the Mt. Weathermen didn't need to steal Starry Night from the MoMA. I would assume that it was abandoned because it was of no real use anymore.

If it is the original Starry Night, I'm surprised that New York was even standing after the nuclear apocalypse that it was retrievable (because New York is always a favorite target in post-apoc fiction).

Even though they haven't discussed the specifics of the apocalypse on the show, it sounds like whatever conflict that triggered it escalated pretty quickly to world wide destruction.  So much so that the people in orbit didn't have any time to ferry back down to the earth, or even ferry up supplies (forcing all the shortages).

If the Mt. Weathermen have all sorts of tech, how come they never radioed the Ark in the last 97 years ?  They have to have telescopes and radio gear.

I figure when the war started or appeared to be escalating, there was a concerted effort to save certain artifacts, at least those that were displayed or stored within the country.  I just don't get why they are now displaying them in hospital rooms.  Unless it's a reproduction.  Maybe they got bored in the last century?

Also, I just remember that Bellamy told Octavia that he didn't start living until she was born.  Haha.  Terrible dialogue.  I get that it was meant to be heartfelt and it was cute and moving and all that, but wasn't he like four?  

• Love 1

Also, I just remember that Bellamy told Octavia that he didn't start living until she was born.  Haha.  Terrible dialogue.  I get that it was meant to be heartfelt and it was cute and moving and all that, but wasn't he like four?  

There was lots of terrible dialogue in the finale. Plus that was a line more fitting for a father. Not an older brother. 

• Love 1

Presumably, when the world "ended," the Mt. Weathermen didn't need to steal Starry Night from the MoMA. I would assume that it was abandoned because it was of no real use anymore.

I think OP's surprise was at the resources to transport it. Maybe it's a clue that the Ben Linus (Lost reference) of Mt. Weather is into preserving culture more than the lives of the Grounders, Reapers, et al. Anyway, Mt. Weather, VA is about 300 miles or 483 kilometers from NYC. I don't know about OP, but I keep forgetting they're not on Vancouver Island, which would be a bigger feat to transport a Van Gogh in the middle of the end of the world.
Assuming Murphy survives, how will this effect his sociopathic personality?

I think Murphy will become a Reaper between how the 100 and Grounders have treated him, I see him joining that group.

So we see Lincoln but no abs...I am sure they could have worked it in there somewhere.

As for Finn, he has to be alive as he and Clarke had their angst of "I can't lose you again" (twu luv after 10 days and all that).., so you know they will reunite just in time for the Bellamy/Raven hookup to become public knowledge. This will of course upset Clarke and she or someone else (most likely Raven) will realize Clarke has feelings for Bellamy and then we will see Clarke angsting over her feelings for Bellamy while she is with Finn...

Cheesiness aside, I am looking forward to season 2

• Love 1

Thank-you show! I just *knew* there had to be people with technology still around. There are way too many underground bunkers for governments for there not to be. The only thing is why they never communicated with the Ark or the 100. And I loved how they brought us back to Mount Weather from the premier. The only surprise twist was that the "mountain men" were the technology guys and not the reavers, I mean reapers.

Otherwise, the stupid for this show continues to burn. Nothing that isn't specifically designed to survive reentry will survive a reentry. That said, I'm glad Kane made it to the ground instead of Jaha. This surprises me since I couldn't stand Kane at the start of the series. Glad to see Mr. Abs is alive and well, though let's stop scarring them please. Otherwise, "game over, man."

How in the heck did Abby's section of the Ark land?  I heard Sinclair say something about them needing to be below 70 mph, but what slowed their descent so that they didn't just die on impact?

I hate to defend the stupidness, but I *think* they mentioned that it was the thrusters used to hold the ark in orbit. They used them to enter freefall and slow their descent enough. The water landing probably "helped" in the fictional TV show sense, though everyone would probably be paste on the floor in the real world. I also recall seeing the thrusters fireing on a large piece of the ark as it showed it breaking up in the atmosphere. There were a couple of other chunks, so Abby and Kane's section may not have been the only one to survive, despite them not making radio contact with Jaha.

That said, I'm glad Kane made it to the ground instead of Jaha.

I didn't think the writers wanted us to feel that way; Kane announces to everyone that he will be the sacrificial lamb, and then they show him slowly stopping to clasp everyone's hands as he goes off to be a martyr, but, in contrast, Jaha just does it. To continue the scriptural references: Jaha does not pray in the marketplace where others will see how pious he is; he does it in private.

So Jaha is back with the same bottle he was about to open the last time he thought he was going to die, but that time turned on the video and got an inspiration. If something similar happens again, it will be kind of comical, whether intended or not. Still, I hope it does, but doubt it will, since he twice said he was going to see his son.

Was it a water landing? I couldn't tell exactly where they landed -- I wasn't sure if hey did land in the lake, or just on the shore.

Clarke said there were 82 left, after 18 died. Which equals 100. But Raven would make it 101. And did Bellamy count? So the math is screwy.

I was wondering if the adults would end up climbing out and seeing Ayers Rock, and discover they were nowhere near the kids. Glad that didn't happen, since I want the adults to find the kids and quit screwing around and build a society.

Except one already exists, apparently! Why didn't the Mountain people notice that the 100 had arrived on the planet? Are they not looking outside at all? They're running around in suits, so is the planet still highly radioactive? Does anybody have a Geiger counter? Did the 100 get sent with any supplies at all? You know, in a real nuclear holocaust, the planet would take a lot more than 100 years to become habitable again. Try 10,000. But suspension of disbelief, and whatnot.

OK, what happened to the line about there being enough evac pods to accommodate 700 of the Ark residents? Was that one crashed pod for the entire 700? I thought there were more pods than that -- plus no way was that 700 citizens. So that did not make sense to me. Nor did the Ark people's poor planning for how they'd get back to Earth. No one considered Jaha's Plan B until he was watching a home movie -- really? Really! LOL.

OK just finished watching this season.

So are you telling me that those poor sods up on that space station conglomerate thought they were some kind of "ark", preserving the human race? They were even willing to last out another 100 years before attempting to go ye into the world and be fruitful and multiply and begin the new Eden.  Little did they know that not only are there already humans surviving, but there are three different groups (so far)  The whole purpose for their existence was proved moot. Oh well, can't always be right.