Type keyword(s) to search

First Looks: Upcoming Episodes

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

The name only has been the issue but no one has ever said that Luann took credit for "creating" Bethenny's "business", which is what Bethenny is now claiming.

The name is her business, Bethenny has a brand.  The brand is Skinny Girl, so the name and business are one in the same.  Bethenny claimed in the Berkshires at the beginning of her confrontation with LuAnn that LuAnn had been going around claiming credit for coming up with the idea, which LuAnn tried to dodge by saying they were "together" when Bethenny came up with the name.  I have absolutely no problem believing that LuAnn has been fudging the line and trying to claim some kind of credit for "helping" or 'being with' Bethenny at the creation of Skinny Girl.  Which is bullshit.

Ramona even agreed that LuAnn was claiming a role in the creation during the trip at the Berkshires, so it's not true that no one ever said LuAnn took credit before now.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, shoegal said:

The name is her business, Bethenny has a brand.  The brand is Skinny Girl, so the name and business are one in the same.  Bethenny claimed in the Berkshires at the beginning of her confrontation with LuAnn that LuAnn had been going around claiming credit for coming up with the idea, which LuAnn tried to dodge by saying they were "together" when Bethenny came up with the name.  I have absolutely no problem believing that LuAnn has been fudging the line and trying to claim some kind of credit for "helping" or 'being with' Bethenny at the creation of Skinny Girl.  Which is bullshit.

Ramona even agreed that LuAnn was claiming a role in the creation during the trip at the Berkshires, so it's not true that no one ever said LuAnn took credit before now.

First, I am not inclined to take Ramona's word about much of anything, especially when it comes to Luann. The name issue was discussed last season, not this season and that is what Bethenny was talking about, last season. Luann wasn't walking around this season claiming she named the drink or that she started Bethenny's business for her. And, Luann apologized to Bethenny for any misunderstanding about this during the fight in the Berkshires this season, so no need for Bethenny to continue her assault on Luann after they left Dorinda's home or for the entire season, none. Really, trying to destroy someone because they said they helped you name a product? Really, that is all it takes to set her off on a search and destroy mission, Seriously? LOL

• Love 15
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

First, I am not inclined to take Ramona's word about much of anything, especially when it comes to Luann. The name issue was discussed last season, not this season and that is what Bethenny was talking about, last season. Luann wasn't walking around this season claiming she named the drink or that she started Bethenny's business for her. And, Luann apologized to Bethenny for any misunderstanding about this during the fight in the Berkshires this season, so no need for Bethenny to continue her assault on Luann after they left Dorinda's home or for the entire season, none. Really, trying to destroy someone because they said they helped you name a product? Really, that is all it takes to set her off on a search and destroy mission, Seriously? LOL

Again, LuAnn did not "help" Bethenny name her business, and yes, continuing to insinuate such is a huge problem, but let's be honest, it's not "all" of the issues between LuAnn and Bethenny.  It's one issue, certainly, that is still ongoing as the discussion in the Berkshires this season indicates.  These women have almost a decade of history together and obviously plenty of things are said and done outside of the few hours each season we get to see. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Again, LuAnn did not "help" Bethenny name her business, and yes, continuing to insinuate such is a huge problem, but let's be honest, it's not "all" of the issues between LuAnn and Bethenny.  It's one issue, certainly, that is still ongoing as the discussion in the Berkshires this season indicates.  These women have almost a decade of history together and obviously plenty of things are said and done outside of the few hours each season we get to see. 

Yes, there is bad blood between them but Bethenny is the one claiming she only did it because Luann came for her business this season and Luann didn't, last season, Yes, this season NO!  The same with John, John never mentioned Bethenny's business until Dorinda's bra party and that was well after Bethenny had been slamming him to Dorinda and the others for weeks and after Bethenny accused him of doing drugs that very night on camera. Then she said she went after Sonja because of the TG verses SKG name similarity but she had been freezing Sonja out before that happened. Bethenny is trying to rewrite history and is claiming things out of order to justify her horrid behavior.  She is getting all kinds of negative feedback and she knows it will hurt her "brand" so she is now trying to sell herself as the "victim" in all of this instead of the aggressor she was/is and to do that she has to rewrite what really happened.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, there is bad blood between them but Bethenny is the one claiming she only did it because Luann came for her business this season and Luann didn't, last season, Yes, this season NO! 

At the onset of the Berkshires conversation this season, Bethenny claimed LuAnn had been saying things again about being a part of creating Skinny Girl, and LuAnn claimed right then this season that she and Bethenny were "together" when it was created, so it was happening last season, it was happening between seasons and yes, it was happening this season

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, shoegal said:

At the onset of the Berkshires conversation this season, Bethenny claimed LuAnn had been saying things again about being a part of creating Skinny Girl, and LuAnn claimed right then this season that she and Bethenny were "together" when it was created, so it was happening last season, it was happening between seasons and yes, it was happening this season

Again, when Bethenny, herself, brought this subject up, she was referring to/talking about what happened last season, not Luann talking about it currently this season. She and Luann went over it again only because Bethenny brought it up first. Luann didn't say, out of the blue, I created SKG and you owe all your business success to me, nor did she bring it up first in the Berkshires, as you pointed out, Bethenny did that but now she is trying to claim that Luann did it. Did they discuss it after Bethenny brought it up, YES they did and Luann apologized to her. And now, when the reunion is about to air, Bethenny is trying to claim that everyone she fought with came for her business first......................again that did not happen, not with any of them. Bethenny went after John well before her brought up SC/SKG, Bethenny froze Sonja out well before TG/ SKG, Luann didn't bring SKG up at all this season, nor did Jules but that is Bethenny's story and she is sticking to it hoping we buy into her lies.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

lAgain, when Bethenny, herself, brought this subject up, she was referring to/talking about what happened last season, not Luann talking about it currently this season. She and Luann went over it again only because Bethenny brought it up first. Luann didn't say, out of the blue, I created SKG and you owe all your business success to me, nor did she bring it up first in the Berkshires, as you pointed out, Bethenny did that but now she is trying to claim that Luann did it. Did they discuss it after Bethenny brought it up, YES they did and Luann apologized to her. And now, when the reunion is about to air, Bethenny is trying to claim that everyone she fought with came for her business first......................again that did not happen, not with any of them. Bethenny went after John well before her brought up SC/SKG, Bethenny froze Sonja out well before TG/ SKG, Luann didn't bring SKG up at all this season, nor did Jules but that is Bethenny's story and she is sticking to it hoping we buy into her lies.

You don't know that.  I seem to recall Bethenny referring to things LuAnn said over the summer, so the idea that Bethenny was only talking about or bringing up things LuAnn said last season is pure conjecture at best.  That Bethenny brought up the issue at all in the Berkshires seems to indicate that it was a current issue and would completely negate the idea that Bethenny is only now using this as a reason for her behavior.  That's like a pre-emptive retcon, it doesn't make sense.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 1

I think Luann and Bethenny should come to an accord-Luann was with Bethenny when she described, on camera for the first time what a skinny girl's margarita entailed.  Luann then ordered one calling it a Skinny Girl Margarita.  Luann was part of the conversation that got Bethenny's idea out before the public via the show.  What Bethenny ordered in the way of a drink and what the brand became are vastly different.  I think Bethenny feels that she invented what we see today as Skinnygirl Margarita not a drink order that put she name to-it is not as if Luann said, "you should bottle and sell this," nor is Luann claiming any such thing.  To me, Bethenny feels as if Luann is taking credit for the mass produced cocktail and it was more about being around when the name first went public.

Regardless of the tiff, you can't just go around blowing up on people you perceive are tarnishing your brand.  Do consumers really care who came up with the name?  Do they care if Bethenny will go to the mat?  I don't think they do. 

• Love 13
16 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

But remember that the whole deal about Lu "creating" SG also came from a conversation that Lu apparently had during the summer. That was why Beth was so mad. She said when they were in the Berkshire's that she heard Lu was telling this story to people over the summer; the story about her helping to create SG. 

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, shoegal said:

The brand is Skinnygirl. 

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, shoegal said:

You don't know that.  I seem to recall Bethenny referring to things LuAnn said over the summer, so the idea that Bethenny was only talking about or bringing up things LuAnn said last season is pure conjecture at best.  That Bethenny brought up the issue at all in the Berkshires seems to indicate that it was a current issue and would completely negate the idea that Bethenny is only now using this as a reason for her behavior.  That's like a pre-emptive retcon, it doesn't make sense.

She saw Luann all of 2 times over the summer and she never claimed that she heard Luann talk about SKG over the summer. Their summer tiff was about Luann being "needy" and wanting an invite to the BH filming event according to Bethenny herself with no mention of anything to do with SKG. LOL Bethenny brought up the SKG fight as part of her long list of past grievances against Luann, most dating back years and/or secondhand information from others from past seasons that did not involve Bethenny at all, nothing current though. That Bethenny is now claiming it as her "reason" for attacking Luann is ridiculous and shows she is reaching as hard as she can to negate her own ugly behavior.

Seriously though, she is using that as an excuse as to why she was horrid to John even though her attacks against him/Dorinda started well before he said squat about SKG, the same with Sonja, she was freezing her out well before TG was revealed and this excuse doesn't apply to Jules in the least, past or present. It is an excuse and nothing more, except that it is a lie to begin with. Had Bethenny went BSC on Luann last season when this really happened, then Yes, it would apply but it just doesn't this season no matter how much Bethenny says it.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

She saw Luann all of 2 times over the summer and she never claimed that she heard Luann talk about SKG over the summer. Their summer tiff was about Luann being "needy" and wanting an invite to the BH filming event according to Bethenny herself with no mention of anything to do with SKG. LOL Bethenny brought up the SKG fight as part of her long list of past grievances against Luann, most dating back years and/or secondhand information from others from past seasons that did not involve Bethenny at all, nothing current though. That Bethenny is now claiming it as her "reason" for attacking Luann is ridiculous and shows she is reaching as hard as she can to negate her own ugly behavior.

Seriously though, she is using that as an excuse as to why she was horrid to John even though her attacks against him/Dorinda started well before he said squat about SKG, the same with Sonja, she was freezing her out well before TG was revealed and this excuse doesn't apply to Jules in the least, past or present. It is an excuse and nothing more, except that it is a lie to begin with. Had Bethenny went BSC on Luann last season when this really happened, then Yes, it would apply but it just doesn't this season no matter how much Bethenny says it.

That Bethenny brought it up at the time as an issue negates the idea that she is only just now using it a "reason".  Also, weren't you saying that Bethenny knew about Tipsy Girl from Ramona long before filming and therefore that was the real reason she was freezing out Sonja from filming?  Another pre-emptive retcon by Bethenny??  She's crafty, that one.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, shoegal said:

That Bethenny brought it up at the time as an issue negates the idea that she is only just now using it a "reason".  Also, weren't you saying that Bethenny knew about Tipsy Girl from Ramona long before filming and therefore that was the real reason she was freezing out Sonja from filming?  Another pre-emptive retcon by Bethenny??  She's crafty, that one.

But Bethenny bringing it up from a past season does not make it current. She claimed that Luann came for her business "this" season, not last and Yes, it is nothing more than an excuse. Bethenny accepted Luann's apology about it last season and again this season.

I do suspect that Bethenny knew about TG before filming began but she claims differently. No matter what, Sonja did not attack Bethenny's business with her being the spokesperson for TG, nor did she disparage Bethenny's business. Have you listened to the interview I am referring to because what she says is not what happened. LOL She can't go BSC on people before they say/do something to her then claim she did it because of they said/did in retaliation to her initial attack.  LOL

And it seems we are just going in circles, agree to disagree.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

But Bethenny bringing it up from a past season does not make it current. She claimed that Luann came for her business "this" season, not last and Yes, it is nothing more than an excuse. Bethenny accepted Luann's apology about it last season and again this season.

I do suspect that Bethenny knew about TG before filming began but she claims differently. No matter what, Sonja did not attack Bethenny's business with her being the spokesperson for TG, nor did she disparage Bethenny's business. Have you listened to the interview I am referring to because what she says is not what happened. LOL She can't go BSC on people before they say/do something to her then claim she did it because of they said/did in retaliation to her initial attack.  LOL

Obviously it does, since she stated at the time that it was an issue, so that discussion was this season and the issue was brought up at the time.  I have read the interview in question, and what Bethenny said is accurate, that when she went BSC on people this season, they were all people coming for her business.   What we saw this season with John, LuAnn and Sonja bear that out this season.  The only fight that didn't have anything to do with SG was with Jules....but that was Jules going BSC on Bethenny at Joanne. 

50 minutes ago, shoegal said:

It was in the news in July of 2015, including a reference and quote, it would be featured in the upcoming season of RHNYC_-  https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20150717/hells-kitchen-clinton/tipsy-girl-bar-offer-all-day-happy-hour-on-ninth-avenue

• Love 4
7 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I dont recall Heather being as mean spirited as bethenny was....id rather trade bethenny for Heather.

I agree, Heather was never as bad, vicious, as Bethenny is, never. Heather is not a bitter person and Bethenny is to her core being!

ETA...... Heather doesn't get off destroying others, she has a conscience, something Bethenny is lacking.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 9

I think had/has her flaws.  But I think a huge 'thank you' is due Aviva.  Her going batshit in St. Barth's I think was a turning point.  I know tons of viewers and fans loved that she went for Ramona when Ramona showed her ass right away but it also seemed to me that in there was a delicious apple grabbing hand on Heather's part.  Heather was way too eager to engage in conflict even if someone else started it.  My dislike for Ramona can rage like a white water river, but I still found Heather just 'too much' in that right out the gate feud.  I think Aviva showed Heather just how too far could go and I think she reassessed her own takes with Ramona that at the end of the day it wasn't worth going as far as it had been taken.

And I think that awareness is what is completely missing this season as we see in the previews and already in the aired episodes.  Kristen had moments that she could simply step back and realize how insane things got.  Carole even had a little bit of that her first season but she also has always tried to play how all the drama and antics are so beneath her and she is so cool and centered to engage.  And then she engages hard.  Usually in a sort of chicken shit fashion to me.  The show lacks someone with enough self-awareness to simply stop in the midst of the insanity and point out just how insane it has gotten.  I hoped Dorinda would provide that but she is too caught up in playing for camera time and picking sides left and right in the moment to really go back to the one who schlepped a drunk babbling Sonja to her room and maintained a nice balance of wry amusement and simple common caring. 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Replying in Beth's thread. 

Edited by motorcitymom65

Hi Gang! The mod team has been getting reports and PMs about some posters here being annoyed by other posters for things that aren't actionable within the site rules. 

In the name of protecting everyone's blood pressure, I'm going to recommend that you use the "Ignore" feature.

Here's how:
1.Go to the top of your screen and click on the little head icon.
2.Click on "Ignored Users".
3.Type in the annoying person's name.
4.Click the little boxes underneath that give you options on what to ignore.
5.Click "Add User"

On 8/25/2016 at 0:52 PM, shoegal said:

Honestly Beth was referring to that scene last season where Heather brought up the book that spotted and what Lu said to them that WE the audience actually saw. I have no doubt that that's the ONE piece of information Beth based this whole "Lu's trying to take credit for the name" rampage she was on. That little jokey scene somehow gained steam and a lot of "facts" were assumed by that little run away train and I believe Beth has been using those set of conversations when she continues to make these claims about Lu. NOT that she heard it from this one that one the other one. I think she is recycling what happened last season whenever she brings up "Lu tried to take credit". She says it so often that the topic comes up in different conversations and interview and comments etc. etc. so it seems like there is more life to that claim but in reality Beth keeps revisiting it in new forums, people inquire about it with Lu in new forums so it get spoken about again and again in different ways therefore creating the illusion that it's been an ongoing thing Lu has been doing when in reality its just that the one situation keeps rearing its ugly head time and time again. I don't believe there's any evidence out there beyond the original exchange that Lu had on the show describing the inscription that supports Beth's claims. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

Honestly Beth was referring to that scene last season where Heather brought up the book that spotted and what Lu said to them that WE the audience actually saw. I have no doubt that that's the ONE piece of information Beth based this whole "Lu's trying to take credit for the name" rampage she was on. That little jokey scene somehow gained steam and a lot of "facts" were assumed by that little run away train and I believe Beth has been using those set of conversations when she continues to make these claims about Lu. NOT that she heard it from this one that one the other one. I think she is recycling what happened last season whenever she brings up "Lu tried to take credit". She says it so often that the topic comes up in different conversations and interview and comments etc. etc. so it seems like there is more life to that claim but in reality Beth keeps revisiting it in new forums, people inquire about it with Lu in new forums so it get spoken about again and again in different ways therefore creating the illusion that it's been an ongoing thing Lu has been doing when in reality its just that the one situation keeps rearing its ugly head time and time again. I don't believe there's any evidence out there beyond the original exchange that Lu had on the show describing the inscription that supports Beth's claims. 

Took reply to Bethy's thread.

Bethenny accused LuAnn of trying to take credit for the Skinny Girl margarita so she could keep SG front and center in all of the episodes. With all of the SG talk and product placement this season has been one long infomercial. It is backfiring. I have SG fatigue. I never want to see or hear of her products again.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Showthyme said:

Bethenny accused LuAnn of trying to take credit for the Skinny Girl margarita so she could keep SG front and center in all of the episodes. With all of the SG talk and product placement this season has been one long infomercial. It is backfiring. I have SG fatigue. I never want to see or hear of her products again.

She did the same last season as well and will repeat it again next season. The NY HW show is nothing more than 1 long SKG commercial anymore.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Showthyme said:

This is probably the truest thing ever said about the season.  Bethenny had great popularity as the underdog and viewers were honestly happy for her when she sold her Skinnygirl Margarita to Beam.  Now that she is top dog she is trying to recreate the euphoria and plug her product.

I agree. I too have SG fatigue.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Mrs peel said:

Hey, Looks like B is copying Luann's hairstyle again!

And she doesn't look (physically) sick to me.

No one has been able to ever convince Bethenny that exaggerating be it for a laugh, sympathy or dramatic impact is a form of lying.  So when she claims this, that and the other thing about her health, I just assume it is exaggerating for sympathy and discount it.  However, when someone down plays something they are the biggest liar in the world and all around bad person.

I am guessing she will be playing, I was sick and they picked on me, or I was off my game.  Or both as the Reunion airs and  she takes heat.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

No one has been able to ever convince Bethenny that exaggerating be it for a laugh, sympathy or dramatic impact is a form of lying.  So when she claims this, that and the other thing about her health, I just assume it is exaggerating for sympathy and discount it.  However, when someone down plays something they are the biggest liar in the world and all around bad person.

I am guessing she will be playing, I was sick and they picked on me, or I was off my game.  Or both as the Reunion airs and  she takes heat.

She has been doing just that. She had Strep Throat with a temp of 102, or so she claims, and was "off her game" at the reunion. Unfortunately she forgot that she tweeted about the Strep and getting on antibiotics a full 2 days before the reunion was filmed. So, I doubt that she still had an elevated temp, let alone 102, or that her throat hurt anymore but what does the truth have to do with anything. She needed an excuse to explain away her inability to control herself once again, a pattern she has displayed for the last 2 seasons (if not longer, like her whole adult life) on the show!

• Love 9
6 hours ago, WireWrap said:

She has been doing just that. She had Strep Throat with a temp of 102, or so she claims, and was "off her game" at the reunion. Unfortunately she forgot that she tweeted about the Strep and getting on antibiotics a full 2 days before the reunion was filmed. So, I doubt that she still had an elevated temp, let alone 102, or that her throat hurt anymore but what does the truth have to do with anything. She needed an excuse to explain away her inability to control herself once again, a pattern she has displayed for the last 2 seasons (if not longer, like her whole adult life) on the show!

Just another case of the great exaggerator.  Eye roll. 

I have a feeling that Beth is not going to display any symptoms such as a horse throat at the reunion except when it might be convenient.   She certainly didn't display that in the preview:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-8/videos/your-first-look-at-the-season-8-rhony-reunion

• Love 3

Part of me doesn't wish this on Bethenny and the other part knows it needs to be done to her just the way she does it to others. Bethenny refuses to allow her life to be used as fodder for this show and the others have respected her enough to not go there despite her doing it to them. Now she will learn a big lesson herself, "You reap what you sow", by having some of her truths exposed for the world to see and it isn't going to be pretty or easy for her. But, as I said, she needs to learn this lesson, something she should have figured out long ago.

I guess that Bethenny faced her own sloppy self at the reunion, it is rumored that Luann reveals something big about Bethenny's/Shield's relationship on camera. Bethenny never learned, You reap what you sow!

(brought over from the episode thread)

I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed at this "smack down" Luann delivers to Bethenny at the reunion.   I just doubt there is this big shocking story to be revealed about B's relationship with this guy that some are hoping there is.  Everyone already know the guy is still legally married.   It's not going to be this big bombshell moment. 

It's probably going to turn out to be something along the lines of yeah, Beth knew the wife but they weren't really tight and the couple had been separated for a long time before Beth and the guy got together and the wife doesn't really give much of a damn.  Technically he is still married but they are working through a divorce (as was Bethenny herself) and it's not the big huge shocking scandalous thing some want it to be.  Because if it was, I think there would be some stories out there about there being angst and conflict and painting it as a sordid affair rather than what it seems like - just two people going through divorces getting together before technically, legally they are actually free. 

If anything dramatic happens, I think it is just going to be Bethenny being mad that Luann is trying to suggest something sordid is going on.  But it's going to turn out that nothing really all that sordid is in fact going on.  

That being said, I personally do think that people should wrap up their marriages/divorces legally before moving on, but I recognize sometimes there are extenuating circumstances and it is not always necessarily a Shocking! Adultery! Scandal!  If that is what people are hoping happens, I think they will be disappointed.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

(brought over from the episode thread)

I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed at this "smack down" Luann delivers to Bethenny at the reunion.   I just doubt there is this big shocking story to be revealed about B's relationship with this guy that some are hoping there is.  Everyone already know the guy is still legally married.   It's not going to be this big bombshell moment. 

It's probably going to turn out to be something along the lines of yeah, Beth knew the wife but they weren't really tight and the couple had been separated for a long time before Beth and the guy got together and the wife doesn't really give much of a damn.  Technically he is still married but they are working through a divorce (as was Bethenny herself) and it's not the big huge shocking scandalous thing some want it to be.  Because if it was, I think there would be some stories out there about there being angst and conflict and painting it as a sordid affair rather than what it seems like - just two people going through divorces getting together before technically, legally they are actually free. 

If anything dramatic happens, I think it is just going to be Bethenny being mad that Luann is trying to suggest something sordid is going on.  But it's going to turn out that nothing really all that sordid is in fact going on.  

That being said, I personally do think that people should wrap up their marriages/divorces legally before moving on, but I recognize sometimes there are extenuating circumstances and it is not always necessarily a Shocking! Adultery! Scandal!  If that is what people are hoping happens, I think they will be disappointed.

It could very well be a dud but Bethenny certainly isn't reacting to it as such. She is claiming that whatever Luann says was an "attack" on her "integrity" and she refuses to allow that to happen! LOL  So, there just might be more to whatever is said than Bethenny wants us to believe.

I agree, people need to finish getting divorced first but it isn't realistic especially when it is a wealthy couple with kids. Bottom line with Shields though is the fact that he has yet to even file for divorce.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

It could very well be a dud but Bethenny certainly isn't reacting to it as such. She is claiming that whatever Luann says was an "attack" on her "integrity" and she refuses to allow that to happen! LOL  So, there just might be more to whatever is said than Bethenny wants us to believe.

Sounds to me like Bethenny is just mad about being accused of doing something unsavory when she really didn't.  Nothing more.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I agree, people need to finish getting divorced first but it isn't realistic especially when it is a wealthy couple with kids. Bottom line with Shields though is the fact that he has yet to even file for divorce.

It is interesting that Dennis Shields hasn't filed for divorce.  Especially since Beth (the great exaggerator) claims he wants to marry her.  Maybe Lu does bring up that her boyfriend is still married and hasn't filed for divorce and is the thing that sets Beth off about lies and her integrity.  That's the least of her problems as a human being.  I doubt she 'gets' that.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

But it's going to turn out that nothing really all that sordid is in fact going on.  

Begs the question, then why is Bethy doing so much damage control...with a plethora of excuses, strep throat, meds, etc....prior to the reunion? Why the claims that her "integrity" has been questioned? And if the previews are correct, she dials her married boyfriend's daughter while on TV...dragging an underage kid into her mess? 

She must know she comes across as a hateful bitch...and she doesn't need Lu's help to do that.

• Love 7

I think Luann says that Bethenny started the affair while the marriage was still intact and that the wife had no idea.  That's "questioning her integrity."  Just MO.  And IMO Luann is right.  I don't know why, but I think if they were already separated, and he started dating Bethenny and were giving her rings etc, then one of them would've filed by now.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, jinjer said:

I think Luann says that Bethenny started the affair while the marriage was still intact and that the wife had no idea.  That's "questioning her integrity."  Just MO.  And IMO Luann is right.  I don't know why, but I think if they were already separated, and he started dating Bethenny and were giving her rings etc, then one of them would've filed by now.

When people like Bethenny talk about their integrity, I always think of it as a lab sample that has had its integrity compromised.  Start over get a new sample, a clean sample.  Instead is all this thrashing about the past, and much of it did not involve her.  After making fun of the other women and their fashion show habit, and of course Bethenny is so pure and only attends two, Jill Stuart and Pamella Roland, Bethenny goes off the rails because Luann took a "dig" at her by saying, "you've been going to a lot of shows this year," Bethenny said, "I always go to Jill Stuart and Pamella Rowland."  Luann continues with I saw you at the (something show)," andthat folks is a dig. One that a short time later sends Bethenny on a name calling frenzy in the front row of a fashion show. Had Luann said she only went to two shows and Bethenny saw her at a third, Luann would be the biggest liar on the planet.

Integrity and reality TV are mutually exclusive.  The Reunion just reinforces the statement.

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, AnitaKnight said:

Beth looks like she's picking some more accusations a wedgie out of her ass.  

Yes, she looks disgusted with something. Maybe it is that all of the others are in a group hug, including Carole! LOL

• Love 3

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-8/episode-21/videos/is-bethenny-the-hypocrite

Luann did call Bethenny out and per the usual Bethenny and her ad hominem argument she claims Luann has slept with  every man in Manhattan.  Bethenny it is called a lie.  Everyone should hold you to your standard of truth.

I do believe from the look of panic on Bethenny's face, she may have dipped into the married man pond before.

• Love 3

This calling the daughter up during the reunion ....  I don't think I am going to like it, lol.  

If Bethenny wants to prove she has the okay from her BF's family to be seeing him, then ring up his wife and get HER to say so.  Not their child.  How old is this girl, anyway?  Because if she is under 21, there is no way Bethenny should be calling her like that, not even if her mother and her father think it's perfectly fine.  I don't care if they suggested it, it should not happen.  

If she is maybe over 21, but not yet 25, it shouldn't happen without both parents express approval.  You don't set a kid up to potentially hurt her mom or piss her off by involving her that way without prior approval.  After 25, maybe she is old enough to decide for herself then.  But I would hope that decision would be to stay the hell away from this mess as she can!  Because ... just no.

I simply cannot imagine a scenario where Bethenny calling the daughter or even trying to is not going to come across as completely messed up. I can't wait to find out what it's all about.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-8/episode-21/videos/is-bethenny-the-hypocrite

Luann did call Bethenny out and per the usual Bethenny and her ad hominem argument she claims Luann has slept with  every man in Manhattan.  Bethenny it is called a lie.  Everyone should hold you to your standard of truth.

I do believe from the look of panic on Bethenny's face, she may have dipped into the married man pond before.

This better not be "it" because .... what a let down.  I WANT RECEIPTS!  Not just the same old "you did !!!!"  vs. "nuh-uh, didn't!"  I want to know what's really going on.

I also want to know why Carol is wearing my gramma's old sheer curtains as a dress, if anyone would care to explain.   

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

This better not be "it" because .... what a let down.  I WANT RECEIPTS!  Not just the same old "you did !!!!"  vs. "nuh-uh, didn't!"  I want to know what's really going on.

I also want to know why Carol is wearing my gramma's old sheer curtains as a dress, if anyone would care to explain.   

That is the problem with half the crap on this show, "I heard, everyone knows,"  claims.  It was a dumb idea for anyone to bring up the guy in T&C Luann was making out with on the deck was married.  A total deflection from the real issue of Ramona bringing a guy and leaving him in the upstairs bedroom.   He must have been though because he was wearing a ring.  Is the reverse true if your husband doesn't wear a wedding ring?  See Jimmy Fallon and ring avulsion. 

• Love 3

At the reunion, I do hope that Lu asks why Bethy's married guy hasn't filed for divorce yet? 

And Carole, get a life. Of all the howives, she is the saddest. She has reduced herself to being Bethy's crutch. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

This calling the daughter up during the reunion ....  I don't think I am going to like it, lol.  

If Bethenny wants to prove she has the okay from her BF's family to be seeing him, then ring up his wife and get HER to say so.  Not their child.  How old is this girl, anyway?  Because if she is under 21, there is no way Bethenny should be calling her like that, not even if her mother and her father think it's perfectly fine.  I don't care if they suggested it, it should not happen.  

If she is maybe over 21, but not yet 25, it shouldn't happen without both parents express approval.  You don't set a kid up to potentially hurt her mom or piss her off by involving her that way without prior approval.  After 25, maybe she is old enough to decide for herself then.  But I would hope that decision would be to stay the hell away from this mess as she can!  Because ... just no.

I simply cannot imagine a scenario where Bethenny calling the daughter or even trying to is not going to come across as completely messed up. I can't wait to find out what it's all about.

I won't like it either, depending on how it happens.  Who brings up the daughter?  Does Lu say something about the daughter not liking Beth? If so, that's tacky as well. The wife and daughter didn't sign up for any of this, so for anyone to be bringing them in to it without their approval is just wrong, IMO. Interesting to see how it plays out. I wonder if we will have to wait for the end of the 3 part reunion to see this snippet? 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Scroll down to second picture, it is a very telling picture IMO. Notice where Carole is!  http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/ramona-singer-on-bethenny-fran-61109.aspx

Not knowing the context of the picture, I think it shows that Carole is her own person, versus buried up Beth's ass like many like to say.

1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

That is the problem with half the crap on this show, "I heard, everyone knows,"  claims.  It was a dumb idea for anyone to bring up the guy in T&C Luann was making out with on the deck was married.  A total deflection from the real issue of Ramona bringing a guy and leaving him in the upstairs bedroom.   He must have been though because he was wearing a ring.  Is the reverse true if your husband doesn't wear a wedding ring?  See Jimmy Fallon and ring avulsion. 

I just don't think it's wrong to assume an adult wearing a wedding band on their left ring finger is married.  I mean, really?  That has nothing to do with adults who choose not to wear their wedding band - for whatever reason.  I think it's a false equivalency.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Not knowing the context of the picture, I think it shows that Carole is her own person, versus buried up Beth's ass like many like to say.

I just don't think it's wrong to assume an adult wearing a wedding band on their left ring finger is married.  I mean, really?  That has nothing to do with adults who choose not to wear their wedding band - for whatever reason.  I think it's a false equivalency.

It is that Bethenny chose not to join the group hug but that Carole did. And, Yes, it is nice to see Carole not mirroring Bethenny's angry attitude.

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 5:09 PM, WireWrap said:

This isn't necessarily true.  I don't remember when I had strep throat, but I cared for a teenager with strep throat.  She was taken to the ER for 105.1 temp, and that was on ibuprofen/Tylenol.  She had chills so extreme the entire cart she was laying on was shaking.  They thought she had mono, her quick strep was negative, but they ended up diagnosing her the next day with strep.  Since I was a nurse at the hospital and the ER was overloaded, they allowed me to take her home with IV in place, antibiotics, and extra IV bags.  She remained this ill for at least three days.  When I spoke to her pediatrician, she told me that the first time a person gets strep, they are "sicker than they've ever been".  Several days after the antibiotics were completed, it all started over again - she had been re-infected.  This time, it wasn't as extreme, but she had to again take several days off, suffered from very high temps (even while medicated), and experienced nausea/vomiting and mild delirium.  So I have no reason at this point to say Beth's claim of having strep, and how she felt, is impossible or even unlikely.  It's very likely.  Whether it should excuse her behavior, is another story.

• Love 4