Type keyword(s) to search

First Looks: Upcoming Episodes

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I think it's about the fact that Lu doesn't believe any of them. Sonja, who Lu has said is one of her closest friends, is apparently not to be believed (OK, she does have a history of making things up in her mind), and Ramona is not to be believed either. She just completely dismisses what they are saying, and in Sonja's case, dismisses how she is feeling. Lu doesn't want to know the truth, which I think is what bugs, because if she doesn't believe them, she is calling them a liar. I guess I am confused as to how this wouldn't upset a friend - to be told that you are a liar about something so serious. Of course she can do whatever she wants. Hasn't Sonja said more than once she just wants Lu to be happy. She can marry the asshole of a guy if she wants, but it is sad to see that in doing so she is ignoring what is probably the truth. 

The problem with Sonja is she is still claiming Luann broke she and Harry up but this time she will take the high road and not let a man come between them.  As if she was in a romantic relationship with Tom. 

I would not know what to do if I fell for some guy and a sometimes friend, sometimes not such a friend, kept saying, I want to talk about my feelings about him.  I want him to acknowledge I was special for the past ten years. Sonja keeps saying she lost an occasional lover, a friend.  So what exactly is she bemoaning? When she claims she was dating Tom she also claimed to be dating this hunk: http://pagesix.com/2015/09/23/sonja-morgans-latest-22-year-old-boy-toy/  I think what Luann has stated repeatedly, is she does not care about BL-Before Lu, so why do they feel the need to tell her?  Is it to hurt her, compete with her?  Bethenny and Ramona made the date with Tom, three months before Luann and Tom met up sound like something so serious-Ramona had known him a week and claims to have a serious boyfriend in Denver.  

I am confused as to what these women want from Tom, they act like he is the only man out there.  It is not as if Tom has said anything bad about either one-he just disputes the level of the relationship.

If they are right they can do their famous happy dance when their friends get hurt.

• Love 8

The gang can tell me if I'm wrong about this, but I've never gotten the impression that Carole or Beth are mad at Lu because she is going to marry the guy, or that they would refuse to film with her if she does. I think they are irritated for the reasons I

That's my take on it as well. Neither Carole or Bethenny said peep. While Spnja and Ramoana have been whining for weeks about it. In the end the one thing Bethenny said was showing the photos. She thought she was doing Lu a favor.  But once she realized that Luann was so desperate that she as going to marry the lieing cheating douche bag anyway, then she got disgusted with her. 

This why I wNt them all to return. I want to see it all come down when he cheats again.  Because he will cheat again. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

That's my take on it as well. Neither Carole or Bethenny said peep. While Spnja and Ramoana have been whining for weeks about it. In the end the one thing Bethenny said was showing the photos. She thought she was doing Lu a favor.  But once she realized that Luann was so desperate that she as going to marry the lieing cheating douche bag anyway, then she got disgusted with her. 

This why I wNt them all to return. I want to see it all come down when he cheats again.  Because he will cheat again. 

Bethenny is the one that made public that Tom had bedded Ramona and Sonja-she was the engineer of the destroy the Luann and Tom train.  She also poo-poo'd their wedding announcement.  She spread rumors about his finances.

Bethenny was disgusted over how they met, no matter which of three stories have been put out there.  She had no idea if Tom and Luann had split or reconciled when she said, "she is just a whore.".    

He may and he may lose Luann if he does.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Actually, didn't Bethenny say something along the lines of "I can't believe she is still going to marry him"? So Yes, I do think Bethenny is upset that Luann didn't drop him like a lead balloon like Bethenny did Jason when things got tough/rough in their marriage instead of trying to work things out for real, not with some paid TV quack for the show. Lets be real, Bethenny really believes that everyone should follow her advice for their lives and gets angry when they don't. LOL

I am surprised she is going to marry his as well, but I am not mad at her. I am just disgusted for her and think her pathetic. I think Beth feels the same. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

The problem with Sonja is she is still claiming Luann broke she and Harry up but this time she will take the high road and not let a man come between them.  As if she was in a romantic relationship with Tom. 

I would not know what to do if I fell for some guy and a sometimes friend, sometimes not such a friend, kept saying, I want to talk about my feelings about him.  I want him to acknowledge I was special for the past ten years. Sonja keeps saying she lost an occasional lover, a friend.  So what exactly is she bemoaning? When she claims she was dating Tom she also claimed to be dating this hunk: http://pagesix.com/2015/09/23/sonja-morgans-latest-22-year-old-boy-toy/  I think what Luann has stated repeatedly, is she does not care about BL-Before Lu, so why do they feel the need to tell her?  Is it to hurt her, compete with her?  Bethenny and Ramona made the date with Tom, three months before Luann and Tom met up sound like something so serious-Ramona had known him a week and claims to have a serious boyfriend in Denver.  

I am confused as to what these women want from Tom, they act like he is the only man out there.  It is not as if Tom has said anything bad about either one-he just disputes the level of the relationship.

If they are right they can do their famous happy dance when their friends get hurt.

Unless I have missed it, Ramona hasn't said boo to Lu about dating Tom since the episode where they met on the street and Lu said she didn't want to hear about BL. She has talked about it with the others, which pissed Lu off. I also don't remember Sonja constantly coming to her saying she wanted to talk about Tom. Most of it is in Lu's head, because even though she says nothing BL matters, it actually does matter to her. If it didn't matter, she wouldn't have an issue talking and laughing about the incredible coincidence of all three of them dating the same dude. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I am surprised she is going to marry his as well, but I am not mad at her. I am just disgusted for her and think her pathetic. I think Beth feels the same. 

She forgave him.  I think Bethenny finding that pathetic is a reflection of her life and being unforgiving.  Many people make really poor choices and lose the person from their life only to have a lifetime of regret.  Breaking off an engagement because the public or you castmates think you should doesn't sound all that well thought out. 

I think a lot of people found Shannon pathetic for forgiving David, but they seem to be going strong and enjoy keeping their family together.

2 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Unless I have missed it, Ramona hasn't said boo to Lu about dating Tom since the episode where they met on the street and Lu said she didn't want to hear about BL. She has talked about it with the others, which pissed Lu off. I also don't remember Sonja constantly coming to her saying she wanted to talk about Tom. Most of it is in Lu's head, because even though she says nothing BL matters, it actually does matter to her. If it didn't matter, she wouldn't have an issue talking and laughing about the incredible coincidence of all three of them dating the same dude. 

That is all Ramona did in Miami is talk about Tom.  She is bringing shit up again at the Reunion about Tom and evidence.

When has Sonja ever said to Luann, "I want to talk to you about Tom?"  She has said it to the cameras, but never to Luann.

It is not a laugh with us situation, it is a shaming situation.  Sloppy seconds and thirds type of situation.  If Sonja and Ramona weren't emotionally invested in Tom why do they keep talking about their "relationship" with him? 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Nah, Bethenny is pissed off that Luann/Tom stole her thunder about her/Shields finding love! LOL

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Not exactly a First Look but what didn't make the cut:  Dog shit, vaginas, and Carole and Luann's final make up.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/blogs/3-hot-topics-you-wont-see-discussed-at-the-rhony-reunion

Could have been a nice scene, but Lu simply would not let Carole talk. Man, Lu does not want to revisit her horrid behavior of last season at all. 

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Could have been a nice scene, but Lu simply would not let Carole talk. Man, Lu does not want to revisit her horrid behavior of last season at all. 

No, she didn't but at the same time, Bethenny didn't want to admit that she was supporting the new, improved, open Luann last season either. LOL

• Love 3
On 9/7/2016 at 5:50 PM, zoeysmom said:

Many people make really poor choices and lose the person from their life only to have a lifetime of regret.  Breaking off an engagement because the public or you castmates think you should doesn't sound all that well thought out. 

Neither does staying with someone who cheated on you five minutes after you got engaged and who went around threatening to cut your friends off from you if they didn't back him up in the pack of lies he's been telling you. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Neither does staying with someone who cheated on you five minutes after you got engaged and who went around threatening to cut your friends off from you if they didn't back him up in the pack of lies he's been telling you. 

It is Luann's life if she wants to forgive and marry the guy it is on her.  I don't really consider any of these women to be her true friends.  Once Dorinda found out about the kissing, she began to distance herself form Tom claiming she didn't know him very well and prior to that she was on the Sonja Ramona bandwagon about it being uncool about Luann marrying someone who had relationships with the aforementioned.  Leave it to a RH to make someone else's indiscretion about them.

Until there is some example of a lie Tom wanted Dorinda to tell, I am leaving it at this, Tom expected loyalty from their mutual friend Dorinda, instead of a serious of discounting statements about the two of them.  Dorinda is entitled to her opinion and it may be at the cost of whatever friendship she has with Luann and/or Tom.  I think if given the choice between Bethenny and Luann, Dorinda, after her stint as a bridesmaid will toss Luann aside for Bethenny. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't really consider any of these women to be her true friends.

I have big eyeroll moments when almost any of these women talk about what good friends they all are. 

God, with friends like that...

But at least Moaner was there to suck up to Bethy for more camera time hold her good friend's hand when said friend was bleeding all over the place. :::eyeroll:::

• Love 6
1 hour ago, NewDigs said:

I have big eyeroll moments when almost any of these women talk about what good friends they all are. 

God, with friends like that...

But at least Moaner was there to suck up to Bethy for more camera time hold her good friend's hand when said friend was bleeding all over the place. :::eyeroll:::

I had to LOL when Bethenny and Ramona talked about Ramona bringing soup to her. Ramona also brought over a book to sit and read "in a different room"! LOL She may have come over but she didn't want to spend actual time talking to Bethenny! LOL

• Love 5

Oh dear lord I'm going to kind of side with Moaner here. And not just the not wanting to talk with Bethy thing.

If I am ill or injured I'm the ol' dog that wants to crawl into a corner. Alone. Unless someone wants to bring me a gatorade or something and then quickly get out of the sickroom. lol

But I doubt Bethy's like that.

"If no one's paying attention to me I must not exist!"

• Love 6
15 hours ago, NewDigs said:

Oh dear lord I'm going to kind of side with Moaner here. And not just the not wanting to talk with Bethy thing.

If I am ill or injured I'm the ol' dog that wants to crawl into a corner. Alone. Unless someone wants to bring me a gatorade or something and then quickly get out of the sickroom. lol

Since Ramona gets paid per diem so many of her appearances are unnecessary.  The one with bringing soup to Bethenny, another time at Bethenny's, Dorinda, mentioned she was surprised to see her, Bethenny's birthday party, where she stayed for a nanosecond, the pizza party, and finally the lunch where she jumped up and left. 

I think Bethenny being filmed resting was a waste of film and furthers the idea she had nothing going on.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, NewDigs said:

Yeah when I'm sick the last thing I want to do is entertain.  But having someone nearby to help if it was needed is nice.  I think Ramona actually had the right instincts in that regard even if they are heavily induced by self-interest.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

http://www.usmagazine.com/

Luann gets down to business and the Meddler joins in. . . causing Bethenny to walk off.  Yes, and keep walking.  Dorinda pointed out it was not about Bethenny.  Exiting words for Bethenny.

Thereby insuring multiple B headlines. 

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 3

Meh, Lieann says she wants to know.  Before at the pinata party when Lieann wasn't getting attention and flounced out she declared she didn't want to know.  Now she wants to know from a dear friend, good luck finding that Lieann you don't have any.  In a private bathroom with a cone of silence.  Meh, I'd just call pagesix and let her find out from her publicist.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Meh, Lieann says she wants to know.  Before at the pinata party when Lieann wasn't getting attention and flounced out she declared she didn't want to know.  Now she wants to know from a dear friend, good luck finding that Lieann you don't have any.  In a private bathroom with a cone of silence.  Meh, I'd just call pagesix and let her find out from her publicist.

There was a whole bucket of me, me, me being unleashed after the big reveal.  Bethenny upset because after bursting Luann's Tom bubble, Luann had not acknowledged her texts, no matter, Bethenny cleaned that right up by saying Luann is just a whore.  Luann happening on the rare conversation for the previous 10 episodes that was not about her and/or Tom, Ramona saying it remnded her of her situation and Luann mistakenly thinking it was about Ramona and Tom instead of Ramona, Bethenny make another crude reference to if she caught Tom fucking on the street, and then when Luann said she didn't want to know, Bethenny called her out again for being that woman.  I don't find it all that unreasonable for recently traumatized Luann to ask these fools to stop talking about she and Tom's relationship.

Is there anything wrong with not wanting to know?  Bethenny was trying to make it a burning question for viewers to discuss, I guess since no one was burning up the internet with fibroid situation.  Bethenny made it as much about her as she did Tom and Luann.  The high dramatics and crying and crisis drinking (so much for responsible drinking) out of the carefully staged Skinnygirl products. 

I wonder and it is like putting the genie back on the bottle, had Bethenny just kept it to herself, if the Tom and Luann situation would still be leading to nuptials in December, or their relationship would have died a natural death?  

• Love 1

I wonder and it is like putting the genie back on the bottle, had Bethenny just kept it to herself, if the Tom and Luann situation would still be leading to nuptials in December, or their relationship would have died a natural death?  

And Lieann would be headed there without a contract at Bravo because the only story line she had was big cheating scandal.  I bet anything that fame whore Tom and she cooked it up together.  Anyone know when she reserved a room at that hotel?  The month before?

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

And Lieann would be headed there without a contract at Bravo because the only story line she had was big cheating scandal.  I bet anything that fame whore Tom and she cooked it up together.  Anyone know when she reserved a room at that hotel?  The month before?

What hotel? 

The cheating scandal was the last week of filming.  Of all the RH all season, Luann was the only one to have a storyline, in that she got engaged and was getting married.  If anyone used Luann all season long for a storyline it was Bethenny.  Starting at her birthday party, continuing to Ramona's luncheon, where she made Luann cry, to the Berkshires, to holding meetings to diss Luann, to having a filmed meeting to invite Luann to Mexico, to the dinner where Luann comes into to share her upcoming engagement, and she dumps the Sonja news, to going on the radio after the engagement and bringing up Tom bedding Sonja and Ramona, to not going to the engagement party and spending three episodes talking about Luann and Tom. 

Second in line in the use Luann and Tom for a storyline were Ramona and Sonja. 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Carole alluded to this in her blog. She didn't go into detail, but called into question Lu checking into the hotel on camera that very next day. They filmed her at the hotel desk, and then walking into her room. We all know that they have to get clearance before hand to film, so the hotel was aware she was coming and had approved the whole deal. I still think this is some kind of master plan for a storyline. 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Carole alluded to this in her blog. She didn't go into detail, but called into question Lu checking into the hotel on camera that very next day. They filmed her at the hotel desk, and then walking into her room. We all know that they have to get clearance before hand to film, so the hotel was aware she was coming and had approved the whole deal. I still think this is some kind of master plan for a storyline. 

Production knew about Tom, they needed Luann around for filming the finale in a short period of time and probably some confessionals, I would think it would be the least they could do after being complicit in having the rug ripped out from under Luann is to make arrangements for lodging.  My guess is she probably also had to go to Tom's and retrieve clothes and they didn't film that or any meetings Tom and Luann had.  It seemed the only one willing to film with her was Jules. 

I am not following why Luann checking into a hotel is evidence of a pre-arranged storyline.  Getting a release is about a 15 minute situation.  Hotels don't shun publicity.  Was the same or a different hotel from where they filmed the finale?

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Production knew about Tom, they needed Luann around for filming the finale in a short period of time and probably some confessionals, I would think it would be the least they could do after being complicit in having the rug ripped out from under Luann is to make arrangements for lodging.  My guess is she probably also had to go to Tom's and retrieve clothes and they didn't film that or any meetings Tom and Luann had.  It seemed the only one willing to film with her was Jules. 

I am not following why Luann checking into a hotel is evidence of a pre-arranged storyline.  Getting a release is about a 15 minute situation.  Hotels don't shun publicity.  Was the same or a different hotel from where they filmed the finale?

Because Lu said in her TH it was a sudden decision (she learned the news about Tom in the morning and checked into the hotel that same afternoon). That she realized she couldn't go to Tom's, and decided to get a hotel. When she approached the front desk, she said she hoped that they had a room availabile, and was so happy when they said that they did. No doubt, production could have been calling around trying to find a room for her, but she was in on it by acting like it was just a split decision and she was walking into the hotel on a wing and a prayer. It's certainly possible that Bravo has a prior arrangement with this hotel that they can film there, but they still have to make the appropriate arrangments to have a film crew walk in the door. That doesn't happen with 10 minutes notice from production. Could Production have reserved a room for her, vetted the place and gotten all the necessary approvals just in case Lu needed a room? I guess that is possible. See, for me the thing is that when we start talking about production and pre-planning, the whole thing falls apart and I start to believe that nothing is real. Nothing including Lu not doing a bit of this for a storyline. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, NewDigs said:

Thereby insuring multiple B headlines. 

Not to mention showing how many fucks the Monster really gives.  Multitudes.  Myriad.  All those fucks could be called the Myrmidons of the Monster. 

Or maybe just one big one ongoing; never ending , so vast is circles the globe and is eating its own tale.  A Serpent of a fuck waiting its mutual doom with Thor and his hammer.

One preview and she gives so many fucks that she is banned for life from holding a valued membership rewards card.

Could she be sued for false advertising since she is trying to market the phrase in a way that identifies herself as an overall 'brand'?

Maybe her next step is back to acting.  Fast and Furious IX: Giving a Fuck.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Because Lu said in her TH it was a sudden decision (she learned the news about Tom in the morning and checked into the hotel that same afternoon). That she realized she couldn't go to Tom's, and decided to get a hotel. When she approached the front desk, she said she hoped that they had a room availabile, and was so happy when they said that they did. No doubt, production could have been calling around trying to find a room for her, but she was in on it by acting like it was just a split decision and she was walking into the hotel on a wing and a prayer. It's certainly possible that Bravo has a prior arrangement with this hotel that they can film there, but they still have to make the appropriate arrangments to have a film crew walk in the door. That doesn't happen with 10 minutes notice from production. Could Production have reserved a room for her, vetted the place and gotten all the necessary approvals just in case Lu needed a room? I guess that is possible. See, for me the thing is that when we start talking about production and pre-planning, the whole thing falls apart and I start to believe that nothing is real. Nothing including Lu not doing a bit of this for a storyline. 

Well she was in Miami and had to go the airport and check in and fly to NY and get her baggage,  So sudden may be relative.  They never want to break the fourth wall but there are producers assigned to the RH, this can all happen in a matter of minutes.  The film crew is on the same airplane, this is just such a misdirection.  I don't know of any rule saying a person can't take videos of someone checking into a hotel.  We know there is no such rule for filming or taking pictures of someone in a hotel bar.

The storyline was what-when Luann decided not to return to Tom's house and keeping Bethenny in suspense over whether or not she would reconcile with Tom?  I guess I am missing the connection as to the eight hours or so before confronting Tom and arriving back in NY.

The RH are assigned a producer so it is in the best interest of the show for the producer to keep the RH reeled in.  With all the shit that came down on Luann can you imagine how hard it is for her to trust her assigned producer when for three or four days they just let Luann believe her Tom was being faithful? I am guessing that is when the deal for the special came down.  I do think Luann is professional enough not to break the fourth wall, but I am quite certain she had words with production.  Even the bullshit of locking Luann out of her room forcing her to remain on camera while she found a way in after Bethenny dropped the bomb.  Heartless bastards.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Well she was in Miami and had to go the airport and check in and fly to NY and get her baggage,  So sudden may be relative.  They never want to break the fourth wall but there are producers assigned to the RH, this can all happen in a matter of minutes.  The film crew is on the same airplane, this is just such a misdirection.  I don't know of any rule saying a person can't take videos of someone checking into a hotel.  We know there is no such rule for filming or taking pictures of someone in a hotel bar.

The storyline was what-when Luann decided not to return to Tom's house and keeping Bethenny in suspense over whether or not she would reconcile with Tom?  I guess I am missing the connection as to the eight hours or so before confronting Tom and arriving back in NY.

The RH are assigned a producer so it is in the best interest of the show for the producer to keep the RH reeled in.  With all the shit that came down on Luann can you imagine how hard it is for her to trust her assigned producer when for three or four days they just let Luann believe her Tom was being faithful? I am guessing that is when the deal for the special came down.  I do think Luann is professional enough not to break the fourth wall, but I am quite certain she had words with production.  Even the bullshit of locking Luann out of her room forcing her to remain on camera while she found a way in after Bethenny dropped the bomb.  Heartless bastards.

It didn't look like anyone was forcing Lu to remain on camera.  

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

With all the shit that came down on Luann can you imagine how hard it is for her to trust her assigned producer when for three or four days they just let Luann believe her Tom was being faithful? I am guessing that is when the deal for the special came down.  I do think Luann is professional enough not to break the fourth wall, but I am quite certain she had words with production.  Even the bullshit of locking Luann out of her room forcing her to remain on camera while she found a way in after Bethenny dropped the bomb.  Heartless bastards.

If Luann was so upset,  why did she let Bravo trail her around with a camera crew?   I wouldn't have let Bravo cameras anywhere near me if they had done to me what you say they did to Luann.  But our countess didn't seem to have the slightest trouble trusting her assigned producer despite what the "heartless bastard" let happen to her.  That just strikes me as highly improbable.  Sheesh, how did I not catch this myself?  LOL I guess I was too busy laughing at how stupid the whole storyline (and I am more and more convinced it's just a storyline) is.  

I don't know of any rule saying a person can't take videos of someone checking into a hotel.  We know there is no such rule for filming or taking pictures of someone in a hotel bar.

The hotel is private property and they absolutely have the right to ban a camera crew from taping there.  Someone sneaking a couple of pics on a cell phone in a dark bar is a lot harder to control, but they could ban that, too, if they wanted to.  It's really no different than you deciding what someone can do inside your house.  

I hadn't caught the thing about how Luann's "sudden" decision to move into a hotel was obviously set up way in advance. Good catch (Carole? Was it her that exposed the shenanigans, right) !!!  I wish they would ask Lu to explain this on the show tonight.  They break the 4th wall on the reunion.  But I guess this would be admitting the whole story is one big phony set up and that's just not going to happen. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

If Luann was so upset,  why did she let Bravo trail her around with a camera crew?   I wouldn't have let Bravo cameras anywhere near me if they had done to me what you say they did to Luann.  But our countess didn't seem to have the slightest trouble trusting her assigned producer despite what the "heartless bastard" let happen to her.  That just strikes me as highly improbable.  Sheesh, how did I not catch this myself?  LOL I guess I was too busy laughing at how stupid the whole storyline (and I am more and more convinced it's just a storyline) is.  

The hotel is private property and they absolutely have the right to ban a camera crew from taping there.  Someone sneaking a couple of pics on a cell phone in a dark bar is a lot harder to control, but they could ban that, too, if they wanted to.  It's really no different than you deciding what someone can do inside your house.  

I hadn't caught the thing about how Luann's "sudden" decision to move into a hotel was obviously set up way in advance. Good catch (Carole? Was it her that exposed the shenanigans, right) !!!  I wish they would ask Lu to explain this on the show tonight.  They break the 4th wall on the reunion.  But I guess this would be admitting the whole story is one big phony set up and that's just not going to happen. 

Carole didn't exactly say that.  Luann had from Miami to New York to decide.  Getting a release is not a big deal.  Why would the hotel not want to be filmed?

Here is another fourth wall breaker-they show the Reunion out of sequence.  And they film for 15 hours or so and only show us a little over two hours.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Carole didn't exactly say that.  Luann had from Miami to New York to decide.  Getting a release is not a big deal.  Why would the hotel not want to be filmed?

Here is another fourth wall breaker-they show the Reunion out of sequence.  And they film for 15 hours or so and only show us a little over two hours.

There are lots of reasons any business wouldn't want to be filmed. Remember a few years ago, with all the stories about how the NY show in particular was having issues with restaurants allowing them to film? In some seasons they were having to use the same location several times because of this. I think we saw that this year with the same restaurant being used for two different events. 

The hotel would need to know how the film would be used and get approvals. They showed Lu walking into room and wondering around. What if she said "this place is filthy". Or complained about the staff on camera. They have to have someone working the desk or other personnel that are OK being on camera. They have to make sure there aren't guests in the hotel that don't want to be on camera lurking in a hotel lobby. What if that guest didn't want folks to know they were in that hotel on that particular day? As we know, they have to get a release from everyone that appears on camera, so they have to either make sure that is done, or they have to make sure the area where they are filming doesn't have folks around. There is a lot of liability involved in allowing cameras free reign on your property, as you lose control of what happens and how your business might be portrayed.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

There are lots of reasons any business wouldn't want to be filmed. Remember a few years ago, with all the stories about how the NY show in particular was having issues with restaurants allowing them to film? In some seasons they were having to use the same location several times because of this. I think we saw that this year with the same restaurant being used for two different events. 

The hotel would need to know how the film would be used and get approvals. They showed Lu walking into room and wondering around. What if she said "this place is filthy". Or complained about the staff on camera. They have to have someone working the desk or other personnel that are OK being on camera. They have to make sure there aren't guests in the hotel that don't want to be on camera lurking in a hotel lobby. What if that guest didn't want folks to know they were in that hotel on that particular day? As we know, they have to get a release from everyone that appears on camera, so they have to either make sure that is done, or they have to make sure the area where they are filming doesn't have folks around. There is a lot of liability involved in allowing cameras free reign on your property, as you lose control of what happens and how your business might be portrayed.

Wasn't it the same hotel that Bethenny had her party?

They had problems with restaurants because these women act like idiots yelling and screaming at each other.  How big a risk would there be of Luann checking in.

That is what production staffs are for they are in New York, the production company is in New York.  There is no way Luann would say something derogatory about a business, she knows the game.  The room is comped and they want to show it at its best.  It is always a risk you take when you are allowed to be filmed.  I have been at several events and on the spot I have been asked to sign a release.  I don't because I don't want to be on film.

We saw the lobby and a room.  Believe it or not the crew also knows what is allowed and what is not. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I don't think a hotel has any control over what is filmed in a room.  Example:  Last night or the night before on Inside Edition, there was a report about sheets not being changed between guests at hotels.  The video showed sheets being filmed with an invisible spray and then again being filmed after another person renting the room the next day. The scary part is that the invisible spray showed that the sheets in some hotels were not changed.   Sorry, this absolutely proves that a hotel does not has to give permission for filming in a room.

Add to that, if Lu and the desk clerk are the only ones on camera, the process is pretty easy.  As ZM has already stated, hotels love publicity.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I don't think a hotel has any control over what is filmed in a room.  Example:  Last night or the night before on Inside Edition, there was a report about sheets not being changed between guests at hotels.  The video showed sheets being filmed with an invisible spray and then again being filmed after another person renting the room the next day. The scary part is that the invisible spray showed that the sheets in some hotels were not changed.   Sorry, this absolutely proves that a hotel does not has to give permission for filming in a room.

Add to that, if Lu and the desk clerk are the only ones on camera, the process is pretty easy.  As ZM has already stated, hotels love publicity.

The point is that Lu didn't just show up out of the blue at this hotel looking for a room, followed by a Bravo film crew.  

4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

The point is that Lu didn't just show up out of the blue at this hotel looking for a room, followed by a Bravo film crew.  

That was never the issue.  Luann was returning form Miami, with the film crew and cast and  did not want to stay at Tom's home.  Obviously  if we saw it Luann was being filmed.  I believe the issue at one point was if Luann had pre-planned the Tom getting caught cheating for a storyline and as evidenced by her checking into a hotel room, Luann and Tom had planned the cheating scandal for a storyline.  Clearly, Luann didn't create the cheating scandal.  So Carole saying her checking into a hotel room is proof is ridiculous as proof of the cheating just a storyline.

Dorinda seemed to surprised to learn Luann was staying in a hotel.  So she must not have paid attention to the finale.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Good point about just taking a video at check-in and just possibly also doing that mini room tour at a later date after they decided Lu was the "A" storyline and needed more footage. Just a thought.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

Good point about just taking a video at check-in and just possibly also doing that mini room tour at a later date after they decided Lu was the "A" storyline and needed more footage. Just a thought.

For a variety of reasons I think Luann wanted to resolve her relationship with Tom, not for a storyline but for her own good.  The idea that both Dorinda and bethenny thought she should do nothing means very little.  They obviously had to communicate, split or not, there was an excellent chance Tom's cheating would make the headlines.  Luann explained this fairly well, her son was upset, their parents were notified.  I think Luann was owed some screen time during Tom's purgatory, it just seemed to me, none of the other ladies were really there for her after she received the news-Jules did drop in.

If Luann had remained sitting on the fence they could have filmed the finale with an unsure Luann and then inserted the decision to continue at the finale end notes. 

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 5:30 PM, WireWrap said:

I had to LOL when Bethenny and Ramona talked about Ramona bringing soup to her. Ramona also brought over a book to sit and read "in a different room"! LOL She may have come over but she didn't want to spend actual time talking to Bethenny! LOL

Rumor is she used a broomstick to push the bowl into the room that the Frankelstein (Schteen, FrankelSCHTEEN) monster was in.

• Love 3
On 9/15/2016 at 8:30 AM, zoeysmom said:

Dorinda seemed to surprised to learn Luann was staying in a hotel.  So she must not have paid attention to the finale.

There was a lot of cross-talk but it sounded to me like Dorinda was telling Lu that the hotel she (Dorinda) was referring to when she mentioned a hotel was The Regency because that is where Luann and Tom were when they called Dorinda up and asked her to meet with the waiters.  

It felt to me like Dorinda was implying that she didn't believe Luann had actually gone to stay in a hotel when she got back to NYC because what was she doing out at the very bar Tom had been got cheating in, calling her up to arrange some kind of alibi, if Luann was so upset she wouldn't return to Tom's place.  

I have to admit, going to the scene of the crime to discuss your problems is an odd choice, and doesn't lend itself to making Luann's story about being so devastated believable.  So I can see why Dorinda might have thrown her a side eye over it.  But she stopped short of accusing Luann of making up the whole thing about going to stay in a hotel because she didn't want to come right out and say that with no proof other than her own suspicions. 

Between Dorinda's reaction and what Carole pointed out, I don't believe that Luann ever really went to a hotel and stayed there when she got back to NYC.  

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

There was a lot of cross-talk but it sounded to me like Dorinda was telling Lu that the hotel she (Dorinda) was referring to when she mentioned a hotel was The Regency because that is where Luann and Tom were when they called Dorinda up and asked her to meet with the waiters.  

It felt to me like Dorinda was implying that she didn't believe Luann had actually gone to stay in a hotel when she got back to NYC because what was she doing out at the very bar Tom had been got cheating in, calling her up to arrange some kind of alibi, if Luann was so upset she wouldn't return to Tom's place.  

I have to admit, going to the scene of the crime to discuss your problems is an odd choice, and doesn't lend itself to making Luann's story about being so devastated believable.  So I can see why Dorinda might have thrown her a side eye over it.  But she stopped short of accusing Luann of making up the whole thing about going to stay in a hotel because she didn't want to come right out and say that with no proof other than her own suspicions. 

Between Dorinda's reaction and what Carole pointed out, I don't believe that Luann ever really went to a hotel and stayed there when she got back to NYC.  

I can understand Luann going to talk with the waiters herself to get the complete story, was Tom making out for a full 2 hours as Bethenny said or was it just a couple of kisses and talking going on.

Dorinda had wanted Luann to go to her Berkshires home when she got off of the plane from Miami, instead of going to a hotel, so Luann had time to think before she talked to Tom. Luann wanted to talk to Tom right away and stayed in the hotel for a couple of nights.

• Love 1

Did Luann ever say what revelations these waiters had in store for Dorinda? I don't think I heard her really explain that.  They got into the topic but there was so damn much yammering I couldn't follow what was being said by everyone. 

Andy Cohen can't moderate a reunion to save his ass. I detest that little clown.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Did Luann ever say what revelations these waiters had in store for Dorinda? I don't think I heard her really explain that.  They got into the topic but there was so damn much yammering I couldn't follow what was being said by everyone. 

Andy Cohen can't moderate a reunion to save his ass. I detest that little clown.

I think the idea was, they meaning Dorinda, Luann and Tom would hear from the waiters simultaneously and Dorinda balked at the offer. 

As you say, very few are allowed to finish a thought, let alone a sentence without the yammering.  You would think after 10 years of Reunions, Andy might develop a talent for allowing one prsonto finish before another starts.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

She never explained anything. True, there was a lot of talking all around, so it was hard to understand what was being said. The thing is, if she had some defense for Tom to offer up, she would have done it. Instead of doing TV interviews and talking about how sorry he was and how hard it all was, she would be explaining what she believes really happened. She has a Twitter account. She has a Bravo blog. She has a middle finger.  Instead of him doing an interview talking about his "regrets", he would be explaining what really happened. They have no explaination, and no waiters to back them up, and she really got off easy during the reunion in not having to answer for what they were trying to do. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 4

Well, I think you pretty much nailed it, MCM.

If there was a decent explanation, Luann would be shouting it from the rooftops.  But .... crickets.

38 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I think the idea was, they meaning Dorinda, Luann and Tom would hear from the waiters simultaneously and Dorinda balked at the offer. 

Aw I kind of doubt that. That's a helluva risk to take.  You never know what some guy might say.  I would never believe anything else but that Tom had those people in his hip pocket before he ever contacted Dorinda.  

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Well, I think you pretty much nailed it, MCM.

If there was a decent explanation, Luann would be shouting it from the rooftops.  But .... crickets.

Aw I kind of doubt that. That's a helluva risk to take.  You never know what some guy might say.  I would never believe anything else but that Tom had those people in his hip pocket before he ever contacted Dorinda.  

I'll go one more and say that Tom and Luann already knew what they were going to say before Dorinda got there.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

She never explained anything. True, there was a lot of talking all around, so it was hard to understand what was being said. The thing is, if she had some defense for Tom to offer up, she would have done it. Instead of doing TV interviews and talking about how sorry he was and how hard it all was, she would be explaining what she believes really happened. She has a Twitter account. She has a Bravo blog. She has a middle finger.  Instead of him doing an interview talking about his "regrets", he would be explaining what really happened. They have no explaination, and no waiters to back them up, and she really got off easy during the reunion in not having to answer for what they were trying to do. 

Much like Ramona, I don't think the one who has been cheated on wants to go into a lot of details.  What difference does it make if they made out for 10 minutes or 10 hours? He betrayed and humiliated her.  I am glad there was no rounding up the staff and having them spew. I just think Dorinda was making it about herself and because Luann didn't follow her directive. 

• Love 4