Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

Well, I don't even do  a quick show check anymore...and it looks like I'm not the only one!  Mika has run out of steam and is as bored as the rest of us, if her social media is a reflection: Her Twitter has gone from rabble- rouser Karen vs Jack to "look at me", with her KYV bullshit and a repeat of her make up artist's struggles with little business d/t Covid. Yawn. But, exciting news...some kind of auction or raffle to win a breakfast with M and J!!!! (She's so lazy that the photo of her, Joe, and Willie looks from about 5 years ago.) Ugh. Over on Instagram she asked people to text her questions for Speaker Pelosi...gave out her phone number! Dummy...if you ask the question on Instagram, people will answer there. She isn't too bright and is so tone deaf...right now, at this time, she's focused on her brand and self promotion rather than on what the world is experiencing. Unbelievable.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Well, I don't even do  a quick show check anymore...and it looks like I'm not the only one!  Mika has run out of steam and is as bored as the rest of us, if her social media is a reflection: Her Twitter has gone from rabble- rouser Karen vs Jack to "look at me", with her KYV bullshit and a repeat of her make up artist's struggles with little business d/t Covid. Yawn. But, exciting news...some kind of auction or raffle to win a breakfast with M and J!!!! (She's so lazy that the photo of her, Joe, and Willie looks from about 5 years ago.) Ugh. Over on Instagram she asked people to text her questions for Speaker Pelosi...gave out her phone number! Dummy...if you ask the question on Instagram, people will answer there. She isn't too bright and is so tone deaf...right now, at this time, she's focused on her brand and self promotion rather than on what the world is experiencing. Unbelievable.

It's obvious to me that being stuck in the Florida bunker for the past 3 months has taken its toll on the quality of the show. I think it is ridiculous that Mika & Joe insist on filming with separate  cameras when they are sitting at the same desk. Most of the audience knows that they are married to each other & can be seen sitting next to each other without violating social distancing guidelines. You can see Mika occasionally looking over at Joe while she pretends to be in a different place.

Joe's talking points on the Coronavirus are very repetitive & not very informative. He isn't a medical expert & was very frustrated that many state governments were not implementing his tough restrictions on businesses & people going outside. 

Joe is very cautious about discussing the protests surrounding the murder of George Floyd. 

Joe faced a backlash a few years ago when he complained about the protesters in Ferguson, Missouri being misinformed about the police killing Michael Brown.

Mika & Joe can't offer any reliable analysis of the presidential election given their personal animosity towards President Trump.

I can't recall the last time the show had any guest on that was a current Republican member of Congress or the Senate. The show used to have members of both parties on the show on a regular basis.

The show can't even get Joe Biden's potential VP picks on the show .

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/3/2020 at 8:54 PM, teddysmom said:

I'm waiting for Joe to sing Ebony & Ivory  . You know he's gonna do it. 

Or he's gonna adapt the song about voting in the rain to protesting in the rain!

I have to say that it upsets me when Joe bitches about people being attacked in Lafayette Park.  I used to work across the street from the park and was kicked out or yelled at for no reason. This was during Obama and Bush.  Examples of reasons my co workers and I got kicked out of the park included: dignitaries arriving at the WH, suspicious packages, or some crazy asshole hopping the WH fence.  

When the Secret Service tells you to leave you have to GTFO. Anyone who lives in DC knows this.  

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

When the Secret Service tells you to leave you have to GTFO. Anyone who lives in DC knows this.  

Yup, and it has nothing to do with who occupies the White House.  

• Love 5

On 6/5/2020 at 5:36 PM, nittanycougar said:

True, but a loudspeaker and a walking line of cops could've solved this rather easily.  Flash bangs, tear gas, rubber bullets and beating up an Australian reporter are about a million miles beyond necessary.
Also, a beloved public figure could have just happily walked amongst the crowds without fear in order to interact with the public.

• Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Also, a beloved public figure could have just happily walked amongst the crowds without fear in order to interact with the public.

Not true.  There's always some nut case out there who will want to assassinate, no matter who the beloved public figure might be. 

Also, I think it's a good idea to obey the curfews, in part because of said nut cases, and also because of trouble makers/looters.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Mika & Joe discussed having to hire private security when they went to the DNC & RNC conventions due to their popularity.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Coffee and cereal with the chucklefuck crew of Morning Joe at 30 Rock?  I like the note that if the prize is unavailable due to things like Covid, a substitution will be made.  Will they send breakfast to your house so you can turn on the TV and watch them?  Or will they let you join Joe and Mika in the breakfast nook? Were there not risk involved, it would be fun to check the house for emotional support cake and barrels of hair gel. The current bid is at $8000.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I like the note that if the prize is unavailable due to things like Covid, a substitution will be made. 

Oh, FFS. Then this scam was a bait and switch from the start?! It's not like Covid restrictions are going away anytime soon, especially for the vaunted ones allowed their own kitchen studio. I won't click on the story itself d/t my low tolerance for bull shit but I imagine this is just some kind of money grab for a favored charity. Why, then, did they feel the need to insert themselves into it? Duh, because their vanity knows no bounds. Maybe the winner will get a swag bag of of MJ mugs ("just like on tee vee!") and the collection of KYV books...ewww.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Mika did an Instagram Live this evening, and I noticed that that magazine cover that Beebop wrote “yuck” on is framed on Mika’s wall. 

Edited by cased
10 hours ago, cased said:

Mika did an Instagram Live this evening, and I noticed that that magazine cover that Beebop wrote “yuck” on is framed on Mika’s wall. 

She posted a FL area code cell phone number on IG yesterday for people to ask her questions for Nancy Pelosi. 

I called it but sadly her VM was full. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I called it but sadly her VM was full

OMG, what if she answered???
"Hi, this is Mrs Scarborough, Know Yer Value.  How can I help you?" 

You need to be prepared!  Your represent us all!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, teddysmom said:

She posted a FL area code cell phone number on IG yesterday for people to ask her questions for Nancy Pelosi. 

I called it but sadly her VM was full. 

I have to admit, I would be tempted to call and ask about Mika's marriage and when she started messing with Joe.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/-lift-me-up-offers-words-of-hope-during-difficult-times-85044805915

Joe has a new song, "Lift Me Up."  Joe employs the totally original idea of one being lifted above problems by love.

Joe should give credit to the following whose thoughts he plagiarized:  Josh Groban ( You Raise Me Up); The Afters( You Lift Me Up); Jeff Lynne (You Lift Me Up); and hell, Steve Wynwood( Higher Love).

Edited by nittanycougar
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/-lift-me-up-offers-words-of-hope-during-difficult-times-85044805915

Joe has a new song, "Lift Me Up."  Joe employs the totally original idea of one being lifted above problems by love.

Joe should give credit to the following whose thoughts he plagiarized:  Josh Groban ( You Raise Me Up); The Afters( You Lift Me Up); Jeff Lynne (You Lift Me Up); and hell, Steve Wynwood( Higher Love).

Oh hell. Someone take away the guitar 

• LOL 5
On 6/16/2020 at 7:08 AM, nittanycougar said:

On September 11, 2012, Joe sang "Reason to Believe" on "The View."  In this lyrical masterpiece, he compared the World Trade Center towers to his own hopes and dreams. 

Joe is the physical embodiment of Wonder white bread in this video.  So bland.  So mediocre.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 6/16/2020 at 4:08 AM, nittanycougar said:

On September 11, 2012, Joe sang "Reason to Believe" on "The View."  In this lyrical masterpiece, he compared the World Trade Center towers to his own hopes and dreams. 

Why did I watch this?  WHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEE????????????

the simpsons eye GIF

Wile E Coyote No GIF by Looney Tunes

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Because normally people like this are told thanks but no thanks in the first round of American Idol ? 

We do have to wonder why the network and other tv programs continue to let Joe do this. 

He must have a self storage warehouse the size of Graceland full of shit on other people. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

MiKaren's going to solve this whole racist thing before it gets completely out of hand.   Actually Jennifer Palmieri wrote this article, but it brings up white women also benefiting from white men having advantages.

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

She is really trying hard to make Joe's music happen with that hashtag

Her SM team is hard at work with that and the Vanity Fair article...no way that Mika has suddenly learned about the cool kids after years of proudly wearing the "I hate popular culture" badge. She is such a poser; a statement I know I've written many times before.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

MiKaren wants to speak to the manager

Holy shit. Someone needs to take away her phone. (Or at least teach her to proofread...but we all know reading isn't her strong suit.) If I had an ounce of respect for her, which I don't, I'd be embarrassed for her.

Who is behind this new found power these two seemingly wield? Did their contracts get extended? Are they up for review? What's the background here? Hell, a month ago she was interviewing her hair and makeup guys from her bathroom and now she is waging war against the tech giants. 

The nerve of her to tell successful entrepreneurs to DO BETTER...I'd suggest  she sit her philandering ass down.

• Love 5

I imagine these two rubes are jealous as hell of their frequent guests getting all the attention on Room Rater. They're stuck at the dinette set with the fake-o background screens while Claire, John, and Schmidt get all the love! It is amusing, and enlightening, to see how "real" journos/pundits can actually opine AND have a little fun with the stay at home thing...all while raising money for the underserved Native American community. (Kinda shades the "Breakfast with Morning Joke" contest, ya think?!)

Another amusing observation: they both did the obligatory odes to their late fathers over the weekend on Twitter...Evil Jack is kind enough to let them post their "look at me" drivel, yet he is the enemy. Interesting. (I mean no disrespect to the men...we all had fathers, whom (I hope) we loved and respected, but I'm not interested in reading these types of posts from minor celebs. YMMV.) 

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Don't use all caps on the word you misspelled.

It's obvious the lack of reading skills with which we are assaulted every morning isn't just a blurry contact situation. She's dull in the writing department, too. I noticed her lack of proof reading on an earlier tweet but this one! Yikes. She's proving her "value" every day. She's just in over her head with all of this, isn't she? Her erudite husband should approve her postings before she hits send.

• Love 3

I'm listening to the 11th Hour podcast of last night's show, Eugene Robinson is on, he wrote a column in WaPo about Confederate statues. 

BriWi says to him "Eugene continue down the road you started, unlike a lot of other columnists you're too modest to quote your own work."

I can't imagine who Brian is talking about. Someone who writes op eds for Washington Post, and has them read during his show, his wife tweets them out. 

Who could this be??? 

• LOL 6
43 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I'm listening to the 11th Hour podcast of last night's show, Eugene Robinson is on, he wrote a column in WaPo about Confederate statues. 

BriWi says to him "Eugene continue down the road you started, unlike a lot of other columnists you're too modest to quote your own work."

I can't imagine who Brian is talking about. Someone who writes op eds for Washington Post, and has them read during his show, his wife tweets them out. 

Who could this be??? 

I was thinking the same thing!  Are they a joke at One Rockefeller Center?  Or whatever the address is?

I was never a Brian Williams fan ... but I think his show at 11 is fabulous.  I was hoping they would give the 7:00 slot to him.  Sorry, but I cannot bear Joy Reid; I like her but cannot bear her.  Yes, I know that makes no sense.  I usually tune in to her on Saturdays for about an hour. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I was thinking the same thing!  Are they a joke at One Rockefeller Center?  Or whatever the address is?

I was never a Brian Williams fan ... but I think his show at 11 is fabulous.  I was hoping they would give the 7:00 slot to him.  Sorry, but I cannot bear Joy Reid; I like her but cannot bear her.  Yes, I know that makes no sense.  I usually tune in to her on Saturdays for about an hour. 

30 Rockefeller Center hence 30 Rock. 

I love Brian. I know he's not everyone's taste but he is very calming to me, and he runs a professional show, no hysterics, good guests, no shouting or arguing.  

I'm quite sure Joe & MiKaren are a joke to everyone at MSNBC.  

I used to like Joy but lately she really gets on my nerves. I avoid her if she's on. Brian & Nicolle are the only two I watch and enjoy. They've been doing the 3-4 pm hour together and then Nicolle takes over with Deadline WH. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Carlie Hoffer's latest. 

Is she calling Mom an Emotional Hemophiliac?  I can't remember which of the daughters dislikes Mika more. 

Carlie is the younger daughter that Mika dropped from the stairs. She was a rebellious teenager who ordered Dominos pizza without Mika's permission.

I wonder if she is saying that her mom is too emotional.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, oakville said:

That would be the nicest way of putting "my mother is an hysterical egomaniac who broke up our family, and I'll never forgive her". 

I don't get what those black things are? The scars on Carlie's psyche from watching her Mother play footsie with her co-host every day? 

Trying to make up with people you've disappointed by promoting their "art" didn't work with Bebop, so you might want to try a different tack.  

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Trying to make up with people you've disappointed by promoting their "art" didn't work with Bebop, so you might want to try a different tack.  

This is so true. And once again she sees no hypocrisy in using Instagram to promote her "causes" while continuing to berate it's owner, Zuck. 

Her need for attention is strong. The sorry part is she never has anything of her own to put out there...always co-opting someone else's accomplishments. Even her KYV is just an aggregation of other women's stories. Sad that a grown woman thinks that SHE is special because of her connection to others. Story of her life, I know.

Speaking of KYV...I haven't ventured over to that in awhile...is she keeping it alive with  zoom-in-ars or web shows? Or has finally buried that dead dog?

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

This is so true. And once again she sees no hypocrisy in using Instagram to promote her "causes" while continuing to berate it's owner, Zuck. 

Her need for attention is strong. The sorry part is she never has anything of her own to put out there...always co-opting someone else's accomplishments. Even her KYV is just an aggregation of other women's stories. Sad that a grown woman thinks that SHE is special because of her connection to others. Story of her life, I know.

Speaking of KYV...I haven't ventured over to that in awhile...is she keeping it alive with  zoom-in-ars or web shows? Or has finally buried that dead dog?

Very true.

I wonder if Mika will force Joe to attend the DNC convention in Milwaukee so that she can

convince the VP nominee to make KYV a key part of the Democratic platform.

Kamala Harris was a guest speaker at one of Mika's KYV seminars, which is considered to be a prestigious honor. Kamala could be pressured by Mika into mentioning KYV in her acceptance speech.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, oakville said:

Carlie is the younger daughter that Mika dropped from the stairs. She was a rebellious teenager who ordered Dominos pizza without Mika's permission.

Sadly, I feel like Carly is saying that she lacks emotional regulation. This sounds like a personal announcement of some sort.  Mika is an idiot who doesn't realize how much pain this art portrays. 

• Love 3