Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I wonder what The Twins are thinking.  Nicole Wallace has gotten more airtime - two hours everyday, 4-6; Chuck Todd is moving to 1:00.  Maybe Joe and Meeka had ambitions to just do a two hour late afternoon show; have to think the 4-6 timeslot would be better than the 6-9am.  Then again, they can roll out of bed early, at 5:00 (5:30 for Joe), do quick makeup, put tops on, run to their "home office" and they are on-air ready.  By 9 they are ready to nap, snack, shop, rehearse music, post makeup tips, watch Netflix. 

No wonder Mika & Joe have been upset recently. Why wasn't Joe given veto power over his friend Chris Matthew replacement ? I doubt Mika & Joe would have picked Joy Reid as his replacement.

The demotion of Chuck Todd is a slap in the face to Mika & Joe. Joe used to mentor Chuck about Florida politics in 2008. Joe was the first political pundit to say that it was a battleground state after the 2000 election.

• Love 2

Edited because of course Kemper knew what she was talking about and I didn't. 

Nicolle 4-6!!  

Ayman got the 3 pm slot.  

Now if they can just figure out who to put at 6-9 am.....

I vote for Joshua Johnson & Yasmin.  They would kick ass.   She's proven herself to be worthy, and Joshua hosted a 2 hour radio show and has been doing 2 hour slots on the weekends. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, oakville said:

No wonder Mika & Joe have been upset recently. Why wasn't Joe given veto power over his friend Chris Matthew replacement ? I doubt Mika & Joe would have picked Joy Reid as his replacement.

The demotion of Chuck Todd is a slap in the face to Mika & Joe. Joe used to mentor Chuck about Florida politics in 2008. Joe was the first political pundit to say that it was a battleground state after the 2000 election.

To be fair, on the record, they've both been fairly supportive of Joy Reid as far as I've seen. I've not seen them oppose her or criticize her in any way.

It's also fairly noticeable that they've been feuding with Chuck Todd since about 2016 when he was revealed to have corresponded with the HRC campaign to try to "tone down" Mika's commentary. 

Edited by neona
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Ayman got the 3 pm slot.  

Now if they can just figure out who to put at 6-9 am.....

I vote for Joshua Johnson & Yasmin.  They would kick ass.   She's proven herself to be worthy, and Joshua hosted a 2 hour radio show and has been doing 2 hour slots on the weekends. 

Yasmin is also a hundred times more talented than Ayman. Ugh, why doesn't Mika throw her Know Your Value weight in where it's ACTUALLY needed and would actually help? Yasmin is smart, relatable, fresh, awake. Of the two, no reason he should be promoted other than he's a man and she's not, IMO.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, neona said:

f the two, no reason he should be promoted other than he's a man and she's not, IMO.

I wonder if she prefers the early morning gig due to the two small children.  Then she's somewhat free the rest of the day. Other than show prep. 

11 minutes ago, neona said:

Ugh, why doesn't Mika throw her Know Your Value weight in where it's ACTUALLY needed and would actually help?

Mika only has women involved in KYV when it can help her, not them. 

They finally stopped the lightning bs with Kasie (as far I know) which was nothing but them lauding it over her that they helped her get that show.  

• Love 4
Just now, teddysmom said:

I wonder if she prefers the early morning gig due to the two small children.  Then she's somewhat free the rest of the day. Other than show prep. 

Yeah, that's fair, and if it's her choice, totally understandable. IDK, I just feel like I've seen her consistently every day and not seen him for months, so it seems a bit unfair for him to swoop in and take that slot. But obviously I have no idea what the actual circumstances are.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, neona said:

To be fair, on the record, they've both been fairly supportive of Joy Reid as far as I've seen. I've not seen them oppose her or criticize her in any way.

It's also fairly noticeable that they've been feuding with Chuck Todd since about 2016 when he was revealed to have corresponded with the HRC campaign to try to "tone down" Mika's commentary. 

Here is the GQ article from 2016 where Mika & Joe make it clear which other host they want on MSNBC. Joy Reid isn't one of them.

Mika & Joe were strong supporters of Chris Matthews & Joe gave a long speech on air defending him after Matthews announced his forced retirement.

https://www.gq.com/story/joe-scarborough-has-big-dreams-trump-musical

• Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Here is the GQ article from 2016 where Mika & Joe make it clear which other host they want on MSNBC. Joy Reid isn't one of them.

Mika & Joe were strong supporters of Chris Matthews & Joe gave a long speech on air defending him after Matthews announced his forced retirement.

https://www.gq.com/story/joe-scarborough-has-big-dreams-trump-musical

Hmm but I'm not sure "not being one of them" is the same as Joe and Mika being opposed to them as hosts, at least in 2016...mostly because Joe and Mika *have* expressed their opposition to a number of people (though never including Joy)  since then, quite actively, and that opposition has had real-life consequences. IDK, I'm willing to reserve my judgment till I see how it all works out.

For now I'm gonna stay a super happy Joy Reid fangirl, and I wish her the best for her independent endeavour... haven't seen the MJ crowd frequently enough to assess whether they're actively expressing any kind of opposition. They've seemed fairly supportive to me, BUT I'll most definitely revise my opinion if I don't have all the information...

26 minutes ago, neona said:

Hmm but I'm not sure "not being one of them" is the same as Joe and Mika being opposed to them as hosts, at least in 2016...mostly because Joe and Mika *have* expressed their opposition to a number of people (though never including Joy)  since then, quite actively, and that opposition has had real-life consequences. IDK, I'm willing to reserve my judgment till I see how it all works out.

For now I'm gonna stay a super happy Joy Reid fangirl, and I wish her the best for her independent endeavour... haven't seen the MJ crowd frequently enough to assess whether they're actively expressing any kind of opposition. They've seemed fairly supportive to me, BUT I'll most definitely revise my opinion if I don't have all the information...

From the GQ article:

For years, Scarborough complained—bitterly in private and not even all that cryptically in public—about the network's lefty slant. But since Andy Lack retook the reins of NBC News last year, he's demoted or jettisoned many of the more ideologically driven MSNBC hosts—from Al Sharpton to Ed Schultz to Melissa Harris-Perry. At the same time, Lack has elevated hosts like Chuck Todd, Andrea Mitchell, and Halperin and John Heilemann—or, as Brzezinski described them to me, "our people." Scarborough appreciates the changes: "I couldn't have said this for a very long time, but I like the people who are on MSNBC. I like the shows that are on MSNBC."

He's fond of plenty of other shows, too—so much so that he often seems to be angling for them. "He's tried to take every single job at this network," gripes one NBC veteran. For a time, Scarborough and Brzezinski vigorously lobbied to take over the Sunday Today show. Scarborough is also said to have eyed Meet the Press when the ratings plunged after David Gregory took over following Tim Russert's death. (Scarborough maintains that Meet the Press had been pitched to him by NBC News president Deborah Turness.)

Last year, Scarborough even appeared to set his sights on NBC Nightly News. At the height of the scandal involving Brian Williams, it didn't go unnoticed that Scarborough began guest-hosting Way Too Early, the 5:30 a.m. lead-in to Morning Joe. Wearing a coat and tie, instead of his usual fleece or sweater, Scarborough read from a teleprompter and delivered the news straight. "He was role-playing as if he were a nightly-news anchor," recalls one NBC insider. (Scarborough denies he was ever interested in Nightly News.)

Mika & Joe would never support Joy Reid as a replacement for their friend Chris Matthews. Kasie Hunt would be their first choice.

I think Mika or Joe retweeted the network's announcement of Joy Reid as a replacement for Chris Matthews without comment.

I don't recall Joy Reid ever having  appeared on Morning Joe prior to her promotion.

Edited by oakville
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, oakville said:

He's fond of plenty of other shows, too—so much so that he often seems to be angling for them. "He's tried to take every single job at this network," gripes one NBC veteran. For a time, Scarborough and Brzezinski vigorously lobbied to take over the Sunday Today show. Scarborough is also said to have eyed Meet the Press when the ratings plunged after David Gregory took over following Tim Russert's death. (Scarborough maintains that Meet the Press had been pitched to him by NBC News president Deborah Turness.)

Last year, Scarborough even appeared to set his sights on NBC Nightly News. At the height of the scandal involving Brian Williams, it didn't go unnoticed that Scarborough began guest-hosting Way Too Early, the 5:30 a.m. lead-in to Morning Joe. Wearing a coat and tie, instead of his usual fleece or sweater, Scarborough read from a teleprompter and delivered the news straight. "He was role-playing as if he were a nightly-news anchor," recalls one NBC insider. (Scarborough denies he was ever interested in Nightly News.)

Laughing at this because wanting to run everything doesn't equal wanting to participate in everything. Just...nah. They wanted the Sunday Today Show for their TV son Willie. Whatever guest hosting of other shows they did was surely at gunpoint. They enjoy their influence but don't actually want to put in substantive work, IMO. That includes their own show, which is kind of part of the problem LOL. 

Joy WAS actually on their show a couple of times over the years. I do agree they loved Matthews and were opposed to his firing, but I've also never seen any indication that they had any particular feud with Joy Reid, though I haven't seen every single minute of every single show the last five years, so I'm happy to be corrected on this point.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, neona said:

1 hour ago, neona said:

Laughing at this because wanting to run everything doesn't equal wanting to participate in everything. Just...nah. They wanted the Sunday Today Show for their TV son Willie. Whatever guest hosting of other shows they did was surely at gunpoint. They enjoy their influence but don't actually want to put in substantive work, IMO. That includes their own show, which is kind of part of the problem LOL. 

Joy WAS actually on their show a couple of times over the years. I do agree they loved Matthews and were opposed to his firing, but I've also never seen any indication that they had any particular feud with Joy Reid, though I haven't seen every single minute of every single show the last five years, so I'm happy to be corrected on this point.

Mika & Joe auditioned for the Meet the Press hosting jobs but lost to Chuck Todd. As a concession, Joe was offered a spot as a guest commentator. Joe appeared on Meet the Press & tried to take over the show by shouting down all the other guests. Chuck lost control of the show & had to go to commercial break. Joe didn't appear again after his attempted coup.

Mika & Joe auditioned for the CBS daily show. Chris Licht( former producer of Morning Joe )  was the producer of the CBS morning show & wanted Mika & Joe to take over the show but was over ruled by CBS executives that said that Mika tested poorly with audiences, so the show would have  be Joe with another female co host.

Joe refused to abandon Mika, so he stayed with MSBNC.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I thought Chris Licht went to CBS to get away from them, that the stress of dealing with their egos and ineptitude was what gave him his heart attack. 

I can't imagine him wanting to work with them again. Every time the camera would show people in the booth back then Chris looked like he wanted beat his head on the desk. 

Do we know where Mika is?  Joe could barely speak this morning, he was fumbling over every introduction. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

Some things never change.

So.  It is just not us, then.  But what is it?  Why does she come across like this?  What do people sense ... she is not relatable?  With her looks (she is an attractive woman), family connections, etc., ... she should be at the top of her game.  Although, being a co-host of a very visible morning show is quite the accomplishment.  And as they say ... "we'll leave it at that" because this is not a Bash Meeka post - don't mean for it to be.  Just have to wonder.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

But what is it? 

Mika has no intellectual curiosity.  She would be better suited hosting The View.   

She got where she is on her looks and her father's reputation.  She knows she's out of her league, as is Joe. All he's good at is bragging about his 4 years in Congress & how he is always  talking to people " in the gov't."

The guy at the DMV doesn't count, Joe.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Mika has no intellectual curiosity.  She would be better suited hosting The View. 

Ha! They'd eat her alive. 

She just isn't cut out for any public speaking role, whether scripted or extemporaneous. She has no natural self confidence and I guess she's been unable to learn it. She offers nothing of interest or value. It's a shame she didn't embrace motherhood more and stay home to raise her girls instead of trying so hard to compete in the public forum. Look at how all of her talent-less ambition messed up everyone's lives. TPTB throughout her career just saw the last name and moved her along. JMO.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Kemper said:

So.  It is just not us, then.  But what is it?  Why does she come across like this?  What do people sense ... she is not relatable?  With her looks (she is an attractive woman), family connections, etc., ... she should be at the top of her game.  

Speaking for myself, I get very irritated with her lack of awareness about how privileged she is.  She seems to believe that she worked for everything, or even struggled for things.

Granted, she's married to an assclown and she got kicked around due to aging out of CBS television.  But she never worried about having enough money to pay the rent. She is a princess but doesn't seem to realize it.  

• Love 5
15 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

even struggled for things.

She struggled because she lacks the intelligence or maybe ability to apply herself.  It's odd that someone coming from that gene pool, considering her brothers and their careers, that she just doesn't have much going on upstairs. 

She's a 50 year old woman who behaves like a 16 year old teenage girl.  "Why do I have to do that? It's hard...."  "I just want everyone to tell me how great I am".    I guarantee Joe pushes this KYV thing as something for her to do. He convinced her she is great at being an advocate for women, when she is definitely not.  Unless it's women who slept with the boss  who then used her family name to push her into something she is not suited for, because he wanted to get her in the sack. 

She fell for his bullshit, hook line and sinker.  "Oh Joe is so wonderful, look what he did for me. He's a true patriot."

Barf

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Check out Mika's latest IG post.  Click thru to 5th photo to see the struggles of having to fly on a private jet to your Hamptons getaway, where you and your wealthy friends spend the day out on the water. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Check out Mika's latest IG post.  Click thru to 5th photo to see the struggles of having to fly on a private jet to your Hamptons getaway, where you and your wealthy friends spend the day out on the water. 

Where did they fly in from? New York has a mandatory two week quarantine for travelers from pretty much any state not in the northeast. I'm sure a lot of people ignore it, but if you have a job on national TV every day (or at least the days when you decide to show up) where you shriek about masks and superspreaders, you probably should play by the rules.

• Love 4

They could fly in from whatever airport near Jupiter into a small airport near Hamptons I guess.  I imagine if you come in on a private jet, you get a waiver since you are rich and Covid doesn't affect you.  Those could be older photos as Mika's hair is  platinum in them, and she's got darker lowlights now. 

Who knows.  If they're up on East coast maybe they were affected by that storm?  But Willie would have said if that was the case.

• Love 4

Rachel in the IG photos has an NBC News lanyard around her neck, and Mika refers to her as a Manager and Producer, so....

Once again, a minion.   I'm not on Instagram but her user name is RachelCamp3 if anyone wants to look her up. I can't find her on Twitter. 

Apparently if you're a producer on the show you have to undo the tangled line on Mika & Joe's boat, too. 

• LOL 1

I don't really understand this "minions" stuff - If I was a rich person in the public eye who could afford a staff, I'd also hire friends I love and trust rather than total strangers.

Not sure why it's assumed their staff have to somehow double as their friends rather than, what seems more likely, they've hired people who were already their friends, because they trust them.

They all seem pretty happy to me - if they weren't they'd surely quit and find something else. Having worked for some deranged people I'd rather have bosses who are kind but slightly weird than bosses who are cruel and demanding, but YMMV.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Who knows.  If they're up on East coast maybe they were affected by that storm?  But Willie would have said if that was the case.

IKR but depressingly, Willie never says anything, nor does anyone else - one of the mllion new and weird changes. Everything is awkward and secretive, no one is open or joking about vacations anymore. I actually miss the "south of france"/nantucket orphanage jokes!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Once again, a minion.   I'm not on Instagram but her user name is RachelCamp3 if anyone wants to look her up. I can't find her on Twitter. 

Rachel’s Instagram account is set to private

15 hours ago, neona said:

IKR but depressingly, Willie never says anything, nor does anyone else - one of the mllion new and weird changes. Everything is awkward and secretive, no one is open or joking about vacations anymore. I actually miss the "south of france"/nantucket orphanage jokes!

A few years ago, Joe said that when he disclosed the location of his vacation, fans would greet him at the airport & ask him for selfies or to sign his books. It would take him hours to get out of the airport. Furthermore, MSNBC reduced his security detail, so he didn't feel as safe disclosing his whereabouts.

• LOL 4

Apparently there was a huge round of layoffs yesteday at NBC & MSNBC.

Ali Velshi tweeted about it last night, and someone replied:  "Some of "stars" of the network could give up some of their bloated salaries to help out these laid off workers? The Scarborough couple certainly aren't worth what they get paid, and Chuck Todd is also incompetent."

I replied, Wait you don't think Joe is worth $8 million? 

Response:  When the show is better without the hosts that's a clue they're unnecessary.  Most people probably  snark watching or as a drinking game. 

I got another reply this morning "I live on West Coast and record the show. They're out again. Willie is better....

Thought you all might enjoy...

Also Ali was tagged in all these comments as it was his thread. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, neona said:

I don't really understand this "minions" stuff - If I was a rich person in the public eye who could afford a staff, I'd also hire friends I love and trust rather than total strangers.

Not sure why it's assumed their staff have to somehow double as their friends rather than, what seems more likely, they've hired people who were already their friends, because they trust them.

They all seem pretty happy to me - if they weren't they'd surely quit and find something else. Having worked for some deranged people I'd rather have bosses who are kind but slightly weird than bosses who are cruel and demanding, but YMMV.

I see your point, but in this case, I think it back fired on her: By relying on her trusted besties for everything, she may have stifled or intensified what many of us say is her lack of intellectual curiosity. Network says I don't rate well with audiences? Marry the boss. I need to be noted for a "platform"? Have the network back an old women's lib movement and pay my friends and family to help write the books and have my spouse appear with me at my events. Want to have impressive stuff to brag about? Quote my father and show my mother's art.

I've found that challenging myself to do things on my own, make my own way, and learn to like and trust total strangers, made me a better employee and person. Just my musings. Sometimes getting out of the bubble of trusties helps one grow.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

I see your point, but in this case, I think it back fired on her: By relying on her trusted besties for everything, she may have stifled or intensified what many of us say is her lack of intellectual curiosity. Network says I don't rate well with audiences? Marry the boss. I need to be noted for a "platform"? Have the network back an old women's lib movement and pay my friends and family to help write the books and have my spouse appear with me at my events. Want to have impressive stuff to brag about? Quote my father and show my mother's art.

I've found that challenging myself to do things on my own, make my own way, and learn to like and trust total strangers, made me a better employee and person. Just my musings. Sometimes getting out of the bubble of trusties helps one grow.

Agree. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being friends with coworkers, two of my oldest friends are former coworkers, but we were equals, neither worked "for" me, or was under my supervision, or vice versa. 

No matter how close you become to a person who you work for, there is always the chance that someone will take advantage. 

I note it's always people whom she can get to promote KYV, or people who work for her.   It's just odd that as many people as they claim to know, the people who she highlights in her social media are people who work for she or Joe or the network in some capacity.  

• Love 3
On 8/6/2020 at 4:35 PM, plumbago blues said:

This is interesting, and I both kind of agree and disagree at the same time. I'd definitely want to hire my friends for key positions because 1) I trust them and 2) I want to secure their foreseeable futures/put them on a salary they deserve.

But as you say, the "feedback deficit" is ALWAYS a risk when you hire people, not because of their competence or gutso, but because of their loyalty.

And when you are in the public eye, where you are being constantly judged by external forces, being judged (sometimes brutally), up-front, by competent, no-nonsense staff, who can convey problems to you kindly and advise you on how to solve them BEFORE there is an actual, public problem, are a HUGELY IMPORTANT RESOURCE. I don't know why so many people in the public eye push this honesty away - when everyone agrees pre-emptive, private honesty is a million times better than public humiliation. It's a bit like refusing to drink an early glass of orange juice, and then dying pointlessly of scurvy. 

• Love 2

This is for the doctor who treated Mika for her eating disorder. On the same search for Dr Galen I found this article about Mika from last year, and I don't know if we knew this, but she & Joe got in a huge fight and he actually ran out and bought her a big caramel sundae and begged her to eat it "Our marriage depends on this".   She says the stress of the show is to blame. 

Dr Galen treats Borderline Personality Disorder. 

Perhaps someone  should take some time to take care of herself. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/mika-brzenzinski-sugar-addiction-173655590.html

• Love 2

I am not surprised at Meeka trying to insert herself into all of this; considering her on-air partner ignores her and talks over her.  KNV is her "baby" and she will more than likely run it into the ground.  

• Love 2

I listened to a podcast where KYV contributor Dr. Leann Wen was one of the guests. It was so nice hearing her in a discussion where she wasn't bombarded with leading questions designed to validate the hosts' point of view and knowing the the end of the interview wasn't going to be a shill for KYV.

• Love 3

From all I've read, here and in the show thread, the most bitter complaints are about Mika.  That's strange to me because she barely pings my radar.  Maybe there's no part of my brain left for Mika because I'm so fixated on hate-watching Joe.

Sometimes I turn off the sound and watch to see if he's going to break any personal records for yap-yap-yap before anyone else is allowed to speak.

I love a split screen with Willie or Johnathan Lemire--stony-faced as they wait for Joe to STFU so they can speak.  Some foolish guests inhale a breath so they're ready to go, but Geist and Lemire know better.  They're probably thinking about what they need from Costco.

My blood pressure spikes as Joe deliberately strings out his talking point.  His usual syntax goes:  "Trmp violates the emoluments clause by [a], he violates the emoluments clause by [ ] , he violates the emoluments clause by [c], he violates the emoluments clause by [d]."  WHO SPEAKS THIS WAY?  Is it just a love of one's own voice?

Joe had the whole week off (+one day) recently and I was there for every Joe-free minute. I have no problem with Mika and Willie holding down the fort.  Mika seemed inclined to amp up the histrionics a little bit to compensate for the gaping suckhole that Joe normally plugs, but I didn't care.  It was like Christmas.

Whew.  Thanks.  Feels good to spit that out.   : )

Edited by candall
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, candall said:

His usual syntax goes:  "Trmp violates the emoluments clause by [a], he violates the emoluments clause by [ ] , he violates the emoluments clause by [c], he violates the emoluments clause by [d]."  WHO SPEAKS THIS WAY?  Is it just a love of one's own voice?

This irritates me, too. Bigly. I think he's trying to sound like MLK. The more repetition, I believe he thinks, the smarter he sounds. His habit of randomly calling out a panelist's first and last name in the middle of a rambling question also grates. (At least it wakes up those dozing off camera.) 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

candall  I think since this section, "joe & mika know their value"  is about the hosts on maybe a personal level than daily show activity, is why Mika gets more focus, as she's constantly putting all her personal problems on display. 

I was talking to a coworker yesterday about the show and he said he listens in his car, and it's obvious the show is nothing but a platform for their egos. It's all about them, their uninformed opinions and browbeating people into agreeing with them. 

No one but Heileman every disagrees with them. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 5

Oh God you guys I just read on Daily Beast that Trump attacked Mika again this morning. Called her the "airhead ditzy wife" of Joe.  Oh and he called Joe a "psycho". He's tweeting it. 

I thought I noticed her ranting about something while I was getting ready to leave, I had turned it back on for a minute. 

Here we go again. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 4
10 hours ago, candall said:

My blood pressure spikes as Joe deliberately strings out his talking point.  His usual syntax goes:  "Trmp violates the emoluments clause by [a], he violates the emoluments clause by [ ] , he violates the emoluments clause by [c], he violates the emoluments clause by [d]."  WHO SPEAKS THIS WAY?  Is it just a love of one's own voice?

Because I'm a geek, I looked it up and it's a rhetorical device called Anaphora! https://literarydevices.net/anaphora/ . Now if he'd also read up on all the other ones, and mix it up a little, bless his heart.

I kinda agree, and I think it's the kind of thing that might be emotionally engaging to some but annoying when you're smart and your brain is screaming for a point to be made, not to generalize or anything. I generally like Joe, he can be pretty insightful and funny but that's mostly when he's speaking naturally and not trying to be Cicero. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

In Joe's case neona  I think it's called Scarborough Ego Delusion Syndrome

I love my voice Everything I say is important No one is smarter than me

• LOL 6

I have to say that Mika's ranting on Friday bothered me because she seemed to be having some real problems, like some sort of panic attack.  The thing that bothers me is that she is on the show alone while Joe is home sleeping or scratching himself, or whatever he does when he is too busy for the show.

My point is that Mika has some issues but Joe is busy doing whatever the fuck Joe wants while she carries the load for him.  It's no wonder that this assclown is on his third marriage.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 3
On 8/13/2020 at 9:20 AM, teddysmom said:

candall  I think since this section, "joe & mika know their value"  is about the hosts on maybe a personal level than daily show activity, is why Mika gets more focus, as she's constantly putting all her personal problems on display. 

I was talking to a coworker yesterday about the show and he said he listens in his car, and it's obvious the show is nothing but a platform for their egos. It's all about them, their uninformed opinions and browbeating people into agreeing with them. 

No one but Heileman every disagrees with them. 

And Tiffany Cross, the other day.  It was magnificent!

• Love 4

I used to enjoy Joe, especially when he turned on Trump and vented (a little) in the mornings.  But now.  His ego is so out of control that no format, show or producer will be able to contain or restrain him.  

• Love 5
On 8/17/2020 at 10:56 AM, oakville said:

I am surprised that Mika didn't congratulate Karine Jean Pierre for being promoted to be Senator Kamala Harris's new Chief of Staff. She used to be a regular guest on Morning Joe & participated in Mika's KYV seminars.

https://www.bet.com/news/national/2020/08/13/karine-jean-pierre-things-to-know-kamala-harris.html

Thanks, I was unaware of this, in spite of MSNBC playing in the background about 29 hours a day.  Karine is terrific!

Back to Morning Blow.

• Love 4

Over the last 2 nights I've been watching MSNBC's coverage of the Democratic National Convention.  Starting off each night with a trio of women - Joy Reid, Rachel Maddow and Nicole Wallace as moderators is a pleasant surprise.  I can't help but think that it must be galling for Mika that she wasn't asked to moderate (not that she deserves it).  Can you image her shrieking & becoming unhinged like she does on MJ over Covid 19 and the death rate and everything else for that matter.  

• Love 5