Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

Frankly, I think there's something wrong with digging up these personal moments from the past. This seems like an incident that should have been addressed, reconciled with (or not), and moved on from...to air it now so publicly is humiliating to her mother and mean spirited of Mika. It's not like her mother has any voice or recourse in this. All we see is an older woman riding a tricycle. Interesting, too, that Mika says the cover photo was "ripped from the internet"...so it's not like it didn't exist. I don't see what this post accomplishes...not everything needs to be shared with strangers.

• Love 5
On 3/4/2020 at 8:58 AM, teddysmom said:

Oakville Interesting article on thedailybeast.com re that Daily Show clip. Apparently it was part of the straw that broke the camel's back, along with Matthews' own wife trying to get him to retire. Phil Griffin flew to DC last weekend to tell him it was over. 

That clip is unbelievable. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/chris-matthews-msnbc-boss-phil-griffin-went-to-dc-to-plead-with-him-to-quit?ref=home

It's surprising that Joe was not invited to the meeting with Matthews. Joe has said on air that he was a big supporter of Chris. Joe was happy when the network got rid of certain anchors that he didn't like.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Frankly, I think there's something wrong with digging up these personal moments from the past. This seems like an incident that should have been addressed, reconciled with (or not), and moved on from...to air it now so publicly is humiliating to her mother and mean spirited of Mika. It's not like her mother has any voice or recourse in this. All we see is an older woman riding a tricycle. Interesting, too, that Mika says the cover photo was "ripped from the internet"...so it's not like it didn't exist. I don't see what this post accomplishes...not everything needs to be shared with strangers.

The cover photo is from 2012 based on the date of the magazine. Mika looked great back then, so I don't know what is wrong about it.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, oakville said:

I don't see what this post accomplishes...not everything needs to be shared with strangers.

It's Mika's passive aggressive way to embarrass her mother, to make herself feel better. "Look how mean she was to me, hahaha, but she was right". 

No Mika, she probably wasn't. She is one of the reasons you're a psychological mess, and so in need of constant reassurance that you're attractive, smart and worthwhile.

Your affair with Joe was all part of this as well, you wanted to feel attractive to a powerful person, so you could throw that in Mom and Dad's face as well.  

Look at me, I'm on tv and this guy thinks I'm amazing!  You were wrong!  I'm not a stupid silly person who can't do anything right!! 

I hope sometime soon she decides the cakes aren't cutting it, and gets some real professional help. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Is it me or does she (Mika) seem more unhinged since they got married? 

She is either more unhinged or ... in my opinion ... just way more full of herself.  I noticed one of their  "not-candid" shots during a commercial break.  She and Joe were walking across a street - she had on what appeared to be stilettos and a breeze was blowing her dress (which appeared to be a "floaty" dress anyway).  All I could see were the legs (which I envy) and the heels.  I never noticed Joe.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

This is a quote from her article about the Lady Gaga therapy and her 20 year addiction (self admitted) to prescription sleeping medications: 

"I’m not talking about Tylenol P.M., melatonin, or a glass of wine to take the edge off. I’m talking about prescription narcotics to help me get enough sleep every night to get through very early wake-up calls so I could sharply and alertly deliver and analyze the news."

Be careful not to hit your head when you fall out of your chair from laughing. 

Monday Motivation:

No Mika, we fill out a vacation request form, and our supervisor initials it.  I do not go into my boss and beg to take a few days off. Even if I have to take off for half a day for personal reasons, dr appt etc. I have enough time banked that I just let my boss know I'll be out. He knows I'm responsible enough to get my job done.  Again, no one acts like this BUT YOU. 

(it's not on Twitter yet, but here's the link to the latest skit)  Joe is again on the phone with "the coast". 

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/video/mika-s-monday-motivation-take-time-off-80182853762

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

so I could sharply and alertly deliver and analyze the news."

Bwah ha ha!

Why on earth does she think telling all her dirty little secrets is in any way meaningful to others? Is she so self absorbed and (again) socially awkward that she doesn't get that sharing all this shit just makes her look desperate and weird? She is the last person I'd think to look toward for advice for real life problems.

• Love 6

She's addicted to drugs in order to deliver the news in the early AM?  I have a solution.  Quit your job.  Know your value, toots.
But, if you took the more sensible path to pursue your own personal happiness, your harpy of a monther (I just made that up!  Mother + Monster! I'm a genius!) would dig her talons deep into your soul and just rip you apart.  So instead you pretend, you self-medicate, you fake it, you struggle, and wrestle with your self-manifested anxiety. 
If your mother doesn't approve of who you really are, fuck her. 

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Landsnark said:

If your mother doesn't approve of who you really are, fuck her. 

Mika brought her Mother's studio to Florida because she couldn't stand to not be carving up trees. And the thanks she gets is to be shit on?  Fuck off.   

Also if that's art, there's a whole pile of it next to the driveway of a house across the street, and a sign that reads "Free Firewood". 

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/inside-look-emilie-brzezinski-s-art-studio-ncna968276

• LOL 5

I don't see this as any kind of art myself either. What I do see is Mika once again co-opting a family member/friend's accomplishments as her own somehow. If her mother needs something to do,  Mika should use her new found value-wokeness and set limits with her. Get her a hand knife and tell her to whittle. Age does bring challenges but not all are insurmountable. Mommy dearest gets to release her aggression and hatred of Mika while Mika gets to do another puffer about "Finding Value" on a smaller scale...and the neighbors can take out their ear plugs. This so first world I can't stand it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

May we, for a moment, imagine Mika's mother's incandescent rage and fury upon learning the news Mika had been boinking Joe for years and she's ditching her family for Joe Scarborough?
I wonder if as a gift Babka has gotten Joe a hollowed out log yet in his likeness?  I wonder if they put the log of the previous hubby in the outdoor fire pit?

• LOL 6

Harvey Weinstein was sentenced to 23 years! 

He will be issued 4 shirts, 3 pairs of pants, a jacket, boots and sneakers. His head will be shaved unless there is a valid religious objection. He will be showered and de-loused. In addition to that, Los Angeles County has begun the extradition process so that it can prosecute him on 2 counts. 

The question is, how much will this be discussed on MJ tomorrow and will Joey be on camera when it happens? 

Edited by suomi
  • Love 5
On 3/9/2020 at 5:21 PM, plumbago blues said:

Bwah ha ha!

Why on earth does she think telling all her dirty little secrets is in any way meaningful to others? Is she so self absorbed and (again) socially awkward that she doesn't get that sharing all this shit just makes her look desperate and weird? She is the last person I'd think to look toward for advice for real life problems.

This idea of famous people letting it all hang out is so ill-advised.  It seems to be encouraged on Twitter and Instagram.

I do not want to hear anyone on TV talking about their drugs, drinking, self-esteem, or weird compulsions  Talk to your therapist.  Back in the day, Brokaw, Rather, Sawyer, and many others put on a together image.  That was part of the allure of the news.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 1

The reference to Dr Z/ the 444-day captivity of the hostages in the main show thread brought back a LOL memory. My daughter was 9 years old for most of that event and she was mortified because I made a big sign and put it in the front window and, for over a year, random cars would slow down and honk from morning 'til night:

Visit Iran - Fly B-52.

Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now. (I was less ... versed ... on the history of the US in the Middle East then). 

Vocals from Roger McGuinn, Tom Petty, Neil Young, Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, and my boyfriend George Harrison. (It looks like McGuinn is the only one who doesn't need to read the lyrics on the crawl and, WTH, Dylan wrote the song). 

• Love 4

Who knew that Joe and Mika were so far ahead of the curve by broadcasting in a remote location for years?    They're so forward-thinking!   So prescient!   Positively clairvoyant! 😆

• LOL 8
6 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Who knew that Joe and Mika were so far ahead of the curve by broadcasting in a remote location for years?    They're so forward-thinking!   So prescient!   Positively clairvoyant! 😆

I know. In a strange way, this has actually worked out well, for now. 

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, cased said:

Positively clairvoyant

Maybe Mika should stop being a broadcaster/journalist and start a tele-psychic hot line. 

She would have just as much credibility as she does now.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Here's your weekly Brzezinski Barf: 

She stands on the porch and yells at her mother. (Picture Garrett Morris doing News for the Deaf - Our Top Story Tonight!!!!!) 

Why are they coordinating the lives of a bunch of grown ass adults?  Her daughters live in NY area, how exactly is she coordinating them?  What a fucking crock

The other women have small children.  

And this bitch has been "working from home" for a fucking year.  AARGGHH!!! 

• LOL 7

I worked with a guy once who had been married maybe 4 times.  I went on vacation; when I came back I asked a friend "what was new" or some such.  Turns out the much-married man was having an affair with a co-worker (he was still married at the time).  The friend told me the Lothario had been married to current wife for three years; he had been married to all his wives for three years.  And he was on his THIRD YEAR with the current wife.  I hope I have described this scenario adequately.  Because my point.

How many years, I wonder, had Joe been married to his previous wives?  I know The Twins have not been married for three years; but I have to wonder how long he had been married to previous wives before he became "restless" .... because both he and Meeka look pretty miserable/angry.  Maybe it is because of the state of the world.  On the other hand....

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I worked with a guy once who had been married maybe 4 times.  I went on vacation; when I came back I asked a friend "what was new" or some such.  Turns out the much-married man was having an affair with a co-worker (he was still married at the time).  The friend told me the Lothario had been married to current wife for three years; he had been married to all his wives for three years.  And he was on his THIRD YEAR with the current wife.  I hope I have described this scenario adequately.  Because my point.

How many years, I wonder, had Joe been married to his previous wives?  I know The Twins have not been married for three years; but I have to wonder how long he had been married to previous wives before he became "restless" .... because both he and Meeka look pretty miserable/angry.  Maybe it is because of the state of the world.  On the other hand....

If I recall correctly, each of Joe’s previous marriages lasted in the range of 12 years. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Joe often seems impatient and temperamental.  I think it is due to the ongoing pressure for ratings plus the general climate at MSNBC.  Look how quickly they tossed Chris Matthews.

Add to that the difference between a sexy affair with your co worker and working with your spouse.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Joe often seems impatient and temperamental.  I think it is due to the ongoing pressure for ratings plus the general climate at MSNBC.  Look how quickly they tossed Chris Matthews.

Add to that the difference between a sexy affair with your co worker and working with your spouse.  

I think that Joe is very frustrated that he can't focus the conversation on his forte of insider beltway political gossip.

There is a difference between having an affair with Mika & living with her on a daily basis.

Luckily for Joe, the gated community in Jupiter Florida where they live has prohibited Mika from raising chickens & pigs in her backyard.

Edited by oakville
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

And, if we're counting down to D-Day I think we have to add the affair years in with the married years. Looking at it that way they are just about at or coming up on the 12-year itch. 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, oakville said:

There is a difference between having an affair with Mika & living with her on a daily basis

Yes I said recently, this stay at home order in FL will be make or break of their marriage. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Yes I said recently, this stay at home order in FL will be make or break of their marriage. 

I wonder what Mika & Joe do in the afternoons.  Joe might be yelling  at people from his porch about his days in Congress. Mika might be eating cake & trying to convince the female seniors in her gated community to attend her KYV seminars on attracting wealthy widowed male seniors.

There are reports that Joe is working on a Coronavirus album for charity.

Joe is threatening residents that he will perform live unless people give money to his favorite charities.

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, oakville said:

I wonder what Mika & Joe do in the afternoons.

I know Mika spends a ridiculous amount of time on her mother's front porch. (Why is the front door always open? Weird in the FL heat and humidity...all I can think of is bugs and mosquitoes.) Is Joe filming those gems? I also saw where she posted somewhere about exercising away quarantine stress and she got to humble brag with a pic of her running distance...6 miles or so. I think their time would be better spent doing  research on current events and perhaps forming some meaningful talking points. After, of course, Mika practices the teleprompter. Maybe Bimba can point out the words with a yardstick and smack her every time she screws up. Disciplining while social distancing.

• LOL 5

As was mentioned previously, Mika's KYV is full of stale, useless "tips". I saw her video with pointers on how to survive this quarantine: "Do your spring cleaning! Cook! Donate your unwanted stuff!" Who knew? We're lucky she is there for us with such creative ideas. Day late and dollar short, as usual...we've been on lock down since mid March...haven't we all done that by now? Hell, I'm ready for Fall Cleaning already.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Boy that's some really in depth interviewing.  What a crock. 

Is it hard having a 7 month old? Do you get enough sleep?  Questions every new mother gets. 

You know this is what she wanted to ask: 

Are people at work talking about me behind my back? 

Do you know a good divorce attorney? 

• LOL 6

What was that skit that Al Franken used to do on SNL?  His character was Stuart Smalley.  Every day he would look into the mirror and say "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me" ... if I am remembering correctly.  That should be Meeka's daily affirmation.  Every day, before she appears on set.  Before she dons her shrouds.  You would think she would have reached the age where striving constantly for approval is not all it's cracked up to be. As a "woke" Old Woman....I speak truth.  I personally hate "woke" but have been wanting a chance to use it in a sentence.  Meeka...that is what is known as accomplishing a goal.

Edited by Kemper
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

Mika should burn that black thing she wears every day. FFS, adjust the thermostat if you're cold.  What exactly is she wearing that she has to put on a heavy black cardigan in Florida, inside?  

• Love 7
On 4/29/2020 at 9:18 AM, teddysmom said:

Mika should burn that black thing she wears every day. FFS, adjust the thermostat if you're cold.  What exactly is she wearing that she has to put on a heavy black cardigan in Florida, inside?  

Mika is wearing black because she in mourning for the money she has lost from not hosting her KYV seminars.

Mika is also sad that she won't be able to spend her birthday in France this year. The French government refused her request to fly by private jet into St Tropez for the week.

• LOL 4
(edited)

Your Twitter correspondent is back. Her ratio continues to grow. And because she hasn’t dug herself enough of a hole, she’s Retweeted Biden thrice, as well as Claire McCaskill saying she believes Biden and some other of the very limited journo support for her interview. It’s worth a walk over to her account to check it out. It feels like the beginnings of an upcoming meltdown.

Update: the ratio numbers are still flying. 20,000 to 3,000 now.

Edited by XOQueens
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3

Meeks is losing it.  No one noticed the typo. Calm the Fuck Down. 

Yes we get the point, you're becoming more neurotic by the hour. Maybe it's time to realize you are seriously not cut out for this line of work. You were fine, fumbling your way thru 3 am news updates. But interviews, covering breaking news, instead of relying on whatever you believe your feminine wiles are, not gettin' it done. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Mika the lawyer.  

So would Mika be negligent when she fails to perform an act she has a duty to perform, like for instance.... HER JOB!!???!!!?

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I am not on Twitter but I must admit her Twitter feed must be more entertaining than most of the stuff on cable right now.  That's right, I said cable; Mr. Kemper and I is old!  Thanks to our son we do have Netflix and Acorn.  So we is not all that old, I guess.

• LOL 4

Just read where Andy Lack has "stepped down" ... isn't he a bestie of Joe and Meeka?  Things could get interesting.   Maybe they will give his job to Joe; Joe could wear two hats!  

• LOL 5
  • Love 2