Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

On 9/11/2020 at 1:09 PM, teddysmom said:

A word on my husband Yes JOE is taking a week or to off - he may jump in-may not. The reason? I told him to. When he’s not by my side in the morning, I feel the void and realize his value all over again. For 13 years, Joe has been ANALYZING, ADVOCATING, PROGNOSTICATING...

Joe’s job is like juggling precious china and fire sticks. He puts himself out there because he LOVES politics, he LOVES his country. Joe has a quick intellect and passion for American history. It all makes him remarkably effective at speaking the ultimate truth to power!!

.like NO ONE can. Nobody comes close. This is rarely recognized btw-maybe because he makes it look so easy! This show has become a vital part of the political landscape. Joe created the platform, pitched to Phill Griffin - chose the players, and set up a GO-TO place for politics

Mods, we need an emoticon for "Trying not to upchuck lunch."

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

That essay is just a rehash of prior ones. She really doesn't have much to say, does she? I lol at her insisting she's not in her jammies...trolling us , Meeks? She left out the part about spending half the summer at her family's compound in Maine. That would certainly make pandemic life a little easier for us peons, no? And the title: blobiness? What a wordsmith.

1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

That essay is just a rehash of prior ones. She really doesn't have much to say, does she? I lol at her insisting she's not in her jammies...trolling us , Meeks? She left out the part about spending half the summer at her family's compound in Maine. That would certainly make pandemic life a little easier for us peons, no? And the title: blobiness? What a wordsmith.

Mika did not discuss spending the summer in Maine. She discussed the difficulty of raising 7 children & taking care of her mom.

Mika mentioned taking care of seven children, but Joe's  2 older boys are married & her two daughters live in the Northeast .

I doubt Joe has full time custody of his 2 younger kids.

Does Mika have part time custody of her late friend's daughter ?

Do you think they use a private jet to transport their pets to Maine ?

Edited by oakville
  • Love 4
On 9/10/2020 at 4:38 PM, Kemper said:

I like Kasie; think she does a great job reporting from Capital Hill. One of the best ones.  She is sharp and quick-witted; I have never watched her show on the weekend; so don't know how she does carrying a show herself.  Does she have a sense of humor?  It would sure be needed early in the morning.  She seems to do well with straight news; but she kind of bores me a bit.  Just me, I know.  I really like Jasmin the times I have seen her.  She is also sharp and quick-witted, always well prepared, and can roll with anything that turns up. But Kasie has worked hard and been a team player; as are all of the on-air personnel.  Maybe except for Joe.

I don't like Kasie. I think she is a mini Chuck Todd in the making. Very steeped in Beltway punditry and focused on the horse race versus actual policy.

• Love 6

First, I do want to say that I think Meeka maybe was a bit of a gentle soul who was made to feel inferior by her family.  Especially the dragon of a mother.  That being said....

Her essay sounds like she is in her 30's/early 40's; with teens and/or younger kids to take care of, a house to clean and carpools to organize, PTA and bake sales.  Prep work for the next day's show?  lol  And SHUT UP about food...we are tired of hearing about your neuroses.  

None of us is having it easy right now; and taking care of an aging parent is trying in the best of times.  Her schedule sounds exhausting because she is exhausting.  Nothing is ever enough...always strive to do better.  She needs serious therapy regarding her eating issues; and she is in the wrong business with her lack of confidence.  Get it together or get off of tv and just live your life for awhile.  I am beyond tired of this stupid navel-gazing she subjects her "fans" to and us, to a lesser degree.  Get yourself put together in the morning; and that doesn't mean just getting dressed in something dark and ill-fitting .  I don't care what you are wearing on the bottom...jeans, pj's, shorts,...it doesn't matter, no one sees it except Joe and maybe a technical person. Something not funereal; something that fits the job you have.  I must say her hair and makeup are usually pretty good.  How hard can it be to put on a bright tee?  

For God's sake, eat something good and don't feel guilty about it.  You can take a walk, watch tv, binge on Netflix, read some fiction, cook a nice meal; paint a room.  On the surface you have a life that a lot of people would envy (a well-paying job with security; a nice home; ability to travel; still have a parent; and kids who seem to have turned out okay).  And a husband who, at least on the surface, loves you.

I am sorry, don't mean to rant.  But who on earth buys into this KYV vanity project of hers?  I do understand that women navigate employment differently then men.  Self-help books and seminars can really help; but not ones that are pushed by a women who seems to never be happy with herself.  And has no clue what her value truly is.   

This has been a long day; dryer repairman was here;  plumber had to come and locate a leak (found out when huge water bill came); guy came to mow the lawn and almost passed out from the heat. Making plans to spread Mr. Kemper's ashes this weekend; my children are pushing me to adopt a stray kitten, as is my best friend (one turned up homeless on her doorstep), Barney (my orange tabby) enjoys being King of the Castle.  Thinking of Meeks, I made myself a drink at dinner....white wine mixed with lime-infused gin.  Don't judge.  I FaceTimed with my best friend; we did Happy Hour (she had bourbon); I am in the recliner, perusing Neflix and anticipating Bob Woodward's book tomorrow.  See Mika? It's the small things that can bring us joy...friends, family, good tv and a cat for one's lap.  In all seriousness, I do hope Meeka is able to start enjoying her life at some point.  She seems harder on herself than we could ever be on her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Eliot said:

I don't like Kasie. I think she is a mini Chuck Todd in the making. Very steeped in Beltway punditry and focused on the horse race versus actual policy.

I prefer watching Kasie to Chuck Todd. Todd has refused to discuss his conflicts of interest with the politicians that he interviews. He was Senator Amy Klobuchar's landlord & his wife provided communication services to Senator Bernie Sanders.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Mika never fails to deliver 

1. "Come to the meeting prepared."

Thanks Mrs Obvious

Does anyone ever ever think:  "I have a problem and need to get some advice. I could talk to friends, or family, maybe my pastor, or perhaps a therapist.  No, I think I'll check the website of a woman on a cable news show who says things like "don't let your boob fall out of your bra in a meeting". 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Mika never fails to deliver 

1. "Come to the meeting prepared."

Thanks Mrs Obvious

Does anyone ever ever think:  "I have a problem and need to get some advice. I could talk to friends, or family, maybe my pastor, or perhaps a therapist.  No, I think I'll check the website of a woman on a cable news show who says things like "don't let your boob fall out of your bra in a meeting". 

I really hate myself for having clicked that link, but

"2. Think about your posture and voice."

This, from a woman who has freaked out multiple times on camera and occasionally conducted interviews with her arms across her chest.

"3. Your background and lighting matters."

True. But most of us don't have the technical support of a news network.

"4. Don't distract with your wardrobe and makeup."

Umm, Meeks, not everyone has a personal hair and makeup stylist.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, xaxat said:

"4. Don't distract with your wardrobe and makeup."

4. a. "Like I do by wearing a robe and a colorless face."

23 hours ago, xaxat said:

"2. Think about your posture and voice."

2. a. "Like I don't by constantly murmuring and flubbing the teleprompter."

What a piece of work she is. Always a day late and a dollar short. Haven't people been doing Zoom/Skype, etc. for 6 months now? She finally came up with (useless) "tips"? Joe's ego is growing on her.

• Love 3

She's just asking us to dig deep. Because there's a lot of bullshit to get thru here. 

You're a 51 year old woman eating Lucky Charms and birthday cake like prohibition is gonna start at midnight. When is it going to dawn on you that filling your body with sugar is not the answer to your problems?  Yeah I love me a donut or a cookie like the next person, but come the fuck on Mika. You want people to take your advice and you don't have the where with all to do what you tell others to do? 

No thanks. 

• Love 1

I swear, after reading this and her constant “I I I I I” I just can’t rant on her anymore.  The fact that women are paying her money for this bullshit is not worth me getting worked up about her neurotic issues playing out in public.  Just get some actual psychiatric help because ... whew.... it appears that you have mother/father/brother issues ...body issues ...confidence issues...at the least.  You can actually talk to someone qualified to help you navigate through all of it.  You will come out better for it.

Sorry, said I wouldn’t rant on her anymore.  I swear this is the last one.  But it got me thinking that maybe I am a wee bit jealous of some of the things she takes for granted.  Me Me Me.  See?

• Love 2

OMG! Stop this madness, NBC. Doesn't anyone edit her project? Does someone other than Mika think that the daily airing of her neuroses is of any interest or "value" to any normal woman? Isn't this the 2nd or 3rd go-round with the cereal and brownie story? And the running is such a chore story? Hell, you showed yourself floating around in your pool, fully dressed, supervising your mother's swim-time...how about actually joining her? How about some yoga? She's rich enough for a Peleton. There's a hundred things to do other than something you may have grown out of. She is so dense. And her "life long sugar addiction". Please. I could say that about myself...and add bbq chips and bourbon and greasy fried chicken but I figured out how to balance the good with the bad about 50 years ago. She acts like her opioid addiction is rearing it's ugly head. I think someone needs to clue her in on menopause signs and symptoms. And another thing...her complaint about raising 7 children. Puleeze. You'd think she was changing diapers all day and is up for 3am feedings. This side of her makes me dislike her more than I thought I ever could as a superficial co-host. I agree with Kemper...I'm sick of it but angry that she is actually making money off of this charade. When will the new guy finish housecleaning there at the network? He needs to read what real people are saying about her.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

And another thing...her complaint about raising 7 children. Puleeze. You'd think she was changing diapers all day and is up for 3am feedings. This side of her makes me dislike her more than I thought I ever could as a superficial co-host.

Joe's sons with Melanie are 32 and 29; both are married. Joe's daughter and son with Susan are 17 and 12.

Mika's daughters with Jim are 24 and 22. The honorary daughter is 18.

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 4

I'm honestly not sure we're the target demographic for these articles. It's pretty much the stuff they put in run-of-the-mill women's magazines, but I don't read those either, if you know what I mean.

It all seems pretty innocent to me, almost like she writes these articles when she decides to make a change in her life, and putting it down on paper and announcing it publicly makes it seem more real. Like she says to herself "NOW I've got it together, from NOW on I'll never do this again" and publishes an article to validate her decision. There's really nothing wrong with that, but at the same time it all seems a bit tinged with anxiety... she might be happier finding some sort of equilibrium, rather than veering between extremes - going from over-indulging to saying, I'll never eat sugar again! I'll never wear colors again! I'll never do botox again! - ok, but you can? NO ONE will judge, there's no reason to constantly go from one extreme to the other and then constantly feel guilty when it doesn't quite work out. I mean...just take a deep breath, find some moderate path that works and cut yourself some slack?

I also think there's this isolation factor we've discussed earlier in relation to Joe. Like Joe, because he's in his box in Florida, loses some of his humor and friendliness simply because he's there alone, and he forgets the other panelists are present, even forgets Mika is there. And it's not ill-intentioned, just circumstantial. It's probably the same with Mika - she's isolated and so forgets to expand her message beyond her immediate concerns. There's nothing inherently wrong with including a personal anecdote in an article - but that anecdote should be there as an introduction, or as an example, to illustrate a larger point - it shouldn't be the entire substance of the article.

She'd benefit from branching out and supplementing her own experiences with research, statistics, interviews with women from other walks of life. Using her own experiences as a starting point rather than the main point, including new perspectives, starting from a point of intellectual curiosity and humility. 

• Love 2

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/mika-s-know-your-value-pandemic-reset-tidy-your-social-ncna1240147

Gonna drop this here, guys. As you know usually I'm a bit polly-anna ish around here, believeing the best of Joe and Mika, but even *I* think THIS is wildly out of touch, so yeah, imma shut up and let you do your thing. Just....why. 

Yah ok maybe it's a good idea to clean up your social media in the short-term, but wtf....in the long-term I think we should FIGHT for our right to a private life, to have actual opinions without fucking corporate interference.

I'm very uncomfortable with this idea that corporate dudes should have a say in every aspect of our life, and that we should just accept it as normal, and accommodate it. That is, when they "snoop" on us, it's we who are over-sharing, not THEY who are overstepping and being wildly inappropriate and trampling all over boundaries they have no right to even come near.

I guess I understand firing someone for racist remarks or for saying and doing something antithetical  to their profession...but in the majority of cases, where that doesn't apply at all, it's gone too far, and it's becoming arbitrary and having a chilling effect on free speech.

In academia it's exhausting, in the scientific community it's delaying breakthroughs and stifling dissent, in government it's preventing whistleblowing and making people scared to tell the truth, and that shouldn't be acceptable. I'm not sure a women's rights movement right now should be telling people to stay quiet and delete things, rather than actually SPEAK OUT, in any way they can, even if there are career costs. There is so fucking much at stake.

Enough of this bend-over-backwards Handmaids-tale "accommodate" and "don't distract" the old white dudes shit.

Maybe lets all fight for the right for smart competent women to do what the fuck they want, and still keep their jobs, like men always have done??

I don't know what the fuck a butt squeeze is, but if I had a competent colleague who got fired because she did one, I WOULD FUCKING FIGHT FOR HER. UGH.

Edited by neona
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, neona said:

*I* think THIS is wildly out of touch

I think it's out of touch  and incredibly out of date. Didn't we all learn, like 10 or more years ago, that social media can be a career killer? Does her latest post contain any new info for anyone? Such a master of the obvious, that one. Still can't believe she makes money peddling this shit. Oh, and those of you with the skills: time to re-post the "Legs in the Air" photo. Hard to take advice from someone who allowed that to be published...let alone willingly posed for it.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, plumbago blues said:
22 hours ago, neona said:

*I* think THIS is wildly out of touch

I think it's out of touch  and incredibly out of date. Didn't we all learn, like 10 or more years ago, that social media can be a career killer? Does her latest post contain any new info for anyone? Such a master of the obvious, that one. Still can't believe she makes money peddling this shit. Oh, and those of you with the skills: time to re-post the "Legs in the Air" photo. Hard to take advice from someone who allowed that to be published...let alone willingly posed for it.

Notice Mika mentions "I'm a runner and I keep track of my running blah blah blah". Who keeps track of their running on FB?  You can't remember how much you ran?  There's an app on your phone for that, you don't need to post it on social media. 

One note in particular is about workouts. I’m a runner and I like to post my mileage as a way to keep tabs on myself and to promote a healthy lifestyle (bumps along the way and all). There is a limit though. Exercise posts can seem overly indulgent and strangely creepy. No one wants to see your butt squeezes. You may think they do, but I assure you, we don’t! A fun run or a race for a good cause? Great!

Just go back to asking yourself – does it have a purpose

No Mika you post shit about your running to show off and get people to comment "Way To Go! So Proud of You!! YAY!!"

BARF!!!  

And most people over the age of 25 know better than to post stupid shit on FB or IG. Except Mika. Who cannot keep her foot out of her mouth, literally or virtually. 

I’ve noticed a lot of people in my business or those in the influencer world who are posting photos of their luxurious homes, styling themselves like they are about to hit the red carpet, asking what lip color looks best on them, and so forth. If I were hiring and I saw a post like that, I’d be horrified. A lot of people are suffering, on edge and hungry for jobs. Be careful about your tone, and frankly of showing off.

This from the woman who posted photos of herself being made up by her stylist.  Also photos of her home, the private jet she flies on in the background, out on the boat, etc.  Give me a fucking break.  

I AM NOT IN THE MOOD!! 

If I was the "big boss" at MSNBC I'd fire your ass so fast it would make your head spin. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

I remember when Mika was worried about her kids to use Facebook back in 2010. She thought they would post inappropriate comments on the platform .

Her "Legs in the Air" photo was one of the low points in her career.

I also recall when Morning Joe posted a photo of the table in a bar that Mika had broken because she had danced on the table after the American Soccer team scored a goal in the World Cup in 2010. Joe & Willie had invited Mika to the bar to teach her about Soccer. Mika had several glasses of Vodka & got up on the table & started dancing.

• Love 2

I guess this really is a Mileage Varying thing because I kinda meant the opposite of you guys, heh. I guess that's what makes life interesting.

I didn't actually think there was anything wrong with that picture, when it came out. Yeah it was a bit silly, but it was fun, it was totally fine. I thought the backlash against it was sexist and uptight and boring.

My objection is kinda against women policing each other on this shit, and that includes Mika telling women to delete stuff and conform and get in line... and accommodating corporate bosses rather than just doing what the fuck we want, because tbh that's what men do. And I still think the social media policing has serious effects on free speech. Buuuut ymmv, obviously...

• Love 1

teddysmom....you are on fire today and have said everything I have thought.  I would say that Meeka is a silly, immature woman with a case of high-school-arrested-development (a condition I just made up), but I think it is more than that.  All the cakes, sundaes and seminars in the world won't fix it.  

But I hate to admit that she gives us much to discuss and poke at.  The show would be better with just Joe; we could still have fun with his ranting, ego, music and aspiring-authorship.  Another condition I made up.  But please, no Kasie hosting.  Just Joe.  How is that for the new name?  Just Joe.  Morning Joe would be a thing of the past.  Just Joe.  Just Jack.  Tomato/Tomahto.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Kemper said:

The show would be better with just Joe; we could still have fun with his ranting, ego, music and aspiring-authorship.  Another condition I made up.  But please, no Kasie hosting.  Just Joe.  How is that for the new name?  Just Joe.  Morning Joe would be a thing of the past.  Just Joe.  Just Jack.  Tomato/Tomahto.

Good god, that would be like being forced to eat a raw porterhouse steak... Waaaay, waaaay too much... you need some vegetables, and potatoes. That's how I think of Willie and Mika, vegetables and potatoes. Boring but essential. And yeah, I wish they'd stop being so boring and add some, umm, dressing. But yeah, still essential.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, neona said:

Good god, that would be like being forced to eat a raw porterhouse steak... Waaaay, waaaay too much... you need some vegetables, and potatoes. That's how I think of Willie and Mika, vegetables and potatoes. Boring but essential. And yeah, I wish they'd stop being so boring and add some, umm, dressing. But yeah, still essential.

Neona...you are spot on.  It is just that I don't want peas and mashed cauliflower.  I want some potatoes au gratin and a green bean casserole. Or candied yams...twice-baked potatoes...etc.  If I must eat my vegetables I want ones that I like.  But yes, a show needs all the ingredients to be successful.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, neona said:

I guess this really is a Mileage Varying thing because I kinda meant the opposite of you guys, heh. I guess that's what makes life interesting.

I didn't actually think there was anything wrong with that picture, when it came out. Yeah it was a bit silly, but it was fun, it was totally fine. I thought the backlash against it was sexist and uptight and boring.

I'll try to explain better.   I guess my thought is that Mika wants to be taken professionally, and seriously.   She's not a comedian, she's a "journalist". 

IMO the picture is sexist because it puts her in a position of being leered at and not taken seriously, while Joe just sits in a chair with a look on his face that says "get a load of this, fellas".  

So let's move on to her current "column" .  She says "no one wants to know about your butt squeezes, but again, she writes about crying and gorging and rolling around on the floor in the depths of despair over Lord knows what. It's not like she can't go outside or go to the house in Maine.  

And I'm not saying women have to be proper and not do what they want.  I'm the last person to be telling people how to behave, but I will offer my opinion when it comes to someone saying "do what I say not what I do" and trying to use her position and job to get attention & get  the world to feel sorry for her.  At some point you just want to tell her, either get some help or shut up about it.  Stop the whining.  

It's a shame she's such an unhappy person.  Hopefully at some point she'll realize all the cake and cereal and spilling her guts on NBC News' web site isn't going to fix her life.  

I'm glad we can all chat about this. 

• Love 4

What the hell is wrong with her? This constant barrage of coping strategies for the pandemic that we rationale people have found our way through over the last 6 months. She acts like this changed way of life is something new. I must call bullshit on her being cooped up in the house for months...the trip to Maine and the Cape sure were getaways most of us could only dream of this year. (Hell, I haven't left the county since March! But I/we leave the house daily.) Is she so dependent on Joe that she can't just get in the car and go get groceries, cake and wine? Is he so needy that he requires her to be in the same room with him 24/7? What did she think she was getting into when she married him and moved to FL to broadcast from their home? And move her mother down there?  This tired trope about how everyone needs her for everything...she wishes. And the stories from the NBC KYV harem are really not newsworthy, IMO, but at least they are from women with real jobs and young families...Mika has neither. It's interesting that the photos she puts in her articles show her in such different clothes from what she wears on the show. 

I think the honeymoon is over.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Kemper said:

But I hate to admit that she gives us much to discuss and poke at.  The show would be better with just Joe; we could still have fun with his ranting, ego, music and aspiring-authorship.  Another condition I made up.  But please, no Kasie hosting.  Just Joe.  How is that for the new name?  Just Joe.  Morning Joe would be a thing of the past.  Just Joe.  Just Jack.  Tomato/Tomahto.

A Solo Joe show could start with Joe's daily anti Trump rant followed by Sports Joe discussing the Red Sox & English Soccer. The next segment could be Bible Joe where he discusses his interpretation of the Bible.

There could also be a medical news segment with Dr. Dave & Vin Gupta. Joe would offer medical tips & the 2 DR's could agree with Joe's diagnosis.

We could also have Southern Joe where he uses a southern accent to make fun of Republicans who served with him in Congress.

The show could end with Joe singing with his band & Mika on the tamborine.

• LOL 4
8 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I'll try to explain better.   I guess my thought is that Mika wants to be taken professionally, and seriously.   She's not a comedian, she's a "journalist". 

IMO the picture is sexist because it puts her in a position of being leered at and not taken seriously, while Joe just sits in a chair with a look on his face that says "get a load of this, fellas".  

Idk, I don't actually get that impression, I kinda see it as more tongue-in-cheek. This was when they weren't so serious, and they covered a lot of different types of news, and were more irreverent. But yeah, maybe it was a bit unfortunate... but I don't like that Russian bots on twitter etc are constantly using it against her in a sexist way, if you know what I mean...

8 hours ago, teddysmom said:

And I'm not saying women have to be proper and not do what they want.  I'm the last person to be telling people how to behave, but I will offer my opinion when it comes to someone saying "do what I say not what I do" and trying to use her position and job to get attention & get  the world to feel sorry for her.  At some point you just want to tell her, either get some help or shut up about it. 

Yes, I think this is a point of agreement. She really *does* tell women what to do, her articles literally have sentences that start with "I want you to...". In that context, examining whether the advice she gives others is solid, or even sensible, and whether she actually follows it herself, is totally legitimate. 

Edited by neona
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, oakville said:

There could also be a medical news segment with Dr. Dave & Vin Gupta. Joe would offer medical tips & the 2 DR's could agree with Joe's diagnosis.

Yes except those 2 Drs should not be in the same sentence

Edited: Though to be fair, it's apples and oranges in terms of roles

Edited by neona
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, neona said:

Yes except those 2 Drs should not be in the same sentence!! One is literally learning on the job, reading up from week-to-week on a field he wasn't trained in (not badly, but too slowly), the other is taking short emergency breaks from actually DOING the job, to shout for help

Dr Dave does spinal surgeries & is part of Palm Beach society. Mika & Joe are sought after guests in Palm Beach, so I think they met him at a party invited him on the show to talk about general medical topics. He isn't an infectious disease specialist.

• Love 2

"Staying home during the pandemic is paramount to stop the spread of COVID-19. But, for those of us lucky enough to be safe and healthy, the days can still feel very monotonous. Everything can feel a bit blah and sad.

Trying something new has been a fantastic way for me to inject fresh energy and excitement into life right now."

That exciting new thing Mika is trying?  Walking!!! With her daughters!!! The very same people, members of her family, whom she claimed yesterday were causing her so much stress she needed to figure out how to get away from them. 

If we need a new nickname for the show, might I suggest "Blah & Sad". 

And she's referring to herself in the third person.  You ARE Morning Mika, you nitwit!!! You write these!!!  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, oakville said:

Morning Joe January 20, 2017 . Mika was excited about Trump's branding. Joe said Trump won against the media & political elites

Absolutely nauseating.   Oh look, our friend is POTUS. We'll get invited to State Dinners, and we'll be advisors to Ivanka, and help Donald sort out foreign policy. 

Yeah how'd that work out? 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Meeka was off today?  So do each of them only work four days a week now?  It seems like one or the other is "off today" each week.  Their contracts must be the envy of every person in the media.

She's probably exhausted from all the KYV blogging she did this week. Today's is about how pets love us.  Again, real groundbreaking stuff. 

The theme thru everything she's written lately is "I'm miserable". What I don't get is why is she stuck in the house?  Maybe FL has stricter mandates in place, but in Indianapolis, you can pretty much do what you want as long as you where a mask. Stores are open, restaurants,  even our movie theaters are opening.   

I think Mika's problem is she isn't getting the attention from strangers at her little shaminars that she thrives on . I notice  she never mentions her husband helping her get thru her tough time.  I mean the man did rush out and buy you a caramel sundae so you wouldn't lock yourself in the pantry with a bottle of vodka and a box of Lucky Charms. Little credit where credit is due, Meeks. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 2
On 9/22/2020 at 4:47 PM, plumbago blues said:

What the hell is wrong with her? This constant barrage of coping strategies for the pandemic that we rationale people have found our way through over the last 6 months. She acts like this changed way of life is something new. I must call bullshit on her being cooped up in the house for months...the trip to Maine and the Cape sure were getaways most of us could only dream of this year. (Hell, I haven't left the county since March! But I/we leave the house daily.) Is she so dependent on Joe that she can't just get in the car and go get groceries, cake and wine? Is he so needy that he requires her to be in the same room with him 24/7? What did she think she was getting into when she married him and moved to FL to broadcast from their home? And move her mother down there?  This tired trope about how everyone needs her for everything...she wishes. And the stories from the NBC KYV harem are really not newsworthy, IMO, but at least they are from women with real jobs and young families...Mika has neither. It's interesting that the photos she puts in her articles show her in such different clothes from what she wears on the show. 

I think the honeymoon is over.

I wouldn't want to be stuck with Joe & Bamba for 24 hours a day.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, oakville said:

I wouldn't want to be stuck with any of them for five minutes.  My sister taught 30 kindergarten students who were more mature than that lot. 

• Love 2
On 9/25/2020 at 3:38 PM, teddysmom said:

She's probably exhausted from all the KYV blogging she did this week. Today's is about how pets love us.  Again, real groundbreaking stuff. 

If the message of that blog post was we need "happy moments" as she calls them, I wish she'd take her own advice and apply it to her own show. The one that people wake up to! It's all "..sigh...we have A LOT to get to...sigh..", like something your boss would say, handing you a to-do list to slough through. 

It used to be "hey!! welcome! how was everyone's weekend! Ours was good, Barnicle killed a grizzly bear with his bare hands! We're gonna have some really interesting discussions today, so stick around!"

On 9/25/2020 at 3:49 PM, oakville said:

I wouldn't wanna be in lockdown with Joe, he's probably bouncing off the walls. BUT the GRANDMOTHER, hell yeah!! I'd want to hear about Cold War drama and learn to wield a chainsaw. She seems pretty epic

• Love 1
1 minute ago, neona said:

I wouldn't wanna be in lockdown with Joe, he's probably bouncing off the walls. BUT the GRANDMOTHER, hell yeah!! I'd want to hear about Cold War drama and learn to wield a chainsaw. She seems pretty epic

I suspect that Bamba can be very critical of Mika. Would she treat Joe any better ? Joe would be afraid of her.

• Love 2
On 9/26/2020 at 3:25 PM, oakville said:

I suspect that Bamba can be very critical of Mika. Would she treat Joe any better ? Joe would be afraid of her.

She sounds like a really cold person. At times I can almost forgive Mika for her behavior, her Mother probably had her ready to jump out of her skin.  I have a feeling her father was her protector, but he was gone a lot with his work and she had to put up with her Mother's constant belittling and nagging. 

Mika should see what Yasmin is doing on her new show. At the end of each show she does a segment called "The Run".  Yasmin is also a runner, and she says "so today on my run I was thinking about this".  And it's not about telling women what not to do, it's about news in general, like yesterday it was about voting, and comparing it to finishing a marathon and not giving up, and that all votes matter.  Make that last 200 yards count.  So much more inspiring than "I'm miserable". 

• Love 3

This is Mika's idea of sharing Fall foliage with us. Not a landscape of trees, but a couple wet leaves on the ground. 

There is actually a photo of some leaves on a tree but she also took one of a spider web in a tree.   She must be back up in Maine. 

She reminds me of April on Parks & Rec and her pal Owen. Reveling in darkness. 

• Love 2
On 9/25/2020 at 10:38 AM, teddysmom said:

The theme thru everything she's written lately is "I'm miserable". What I don't get is why is she stuck in the house?  Maybe FL has stricter mandates in place, but in Indianapolis, you can pretty much do what you want as long as you where a mask. Stores are open, restaurants,  even our movie theaters are opening.   

I think Mika's problem is she isn't getting the attention from strangers at her little shaminars that she thrives on . I notice  she never mentions her husband helping her get thru her tough time.  I mean the man did rush out and buy you a caramel sundae so you wouldn't lock yourself in the pantry with a bottle of vodka and a box of Lucky Charms. Little credit where credit is due, Meeks. 

My theory is that she has some conflict about accepting her life as it is now compared to back in NY.  In five years' time, she went from having sexy weekends with Joe in New York to living in Florida near Joe's ex, working from home, and taking care of her mom.  She seems to be processing a lot of her life changes with the pandemic as an excuse for her emotional issues.  And I agree that it is over the top.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

This is Mika's idea of sharing Fall foliage with us. Not a landscape of trees, but a couple wet leaves on the ground. 

There is actually a photo of some leaves on a tree but she also took one of a spider web in a tree.   She must be back up in Maine. 

She reminds me of April on Parks & Rec and her pal Owen. Reveling in darkness. 

But April was still funny and whimsical tho!

Regarding the mother, idk, with parents it's often a case of words vs actions, some are a bit verbally agressive but loving in their actions, others are lovey-dovey effusive but not really there when it matters ... there might be two angles to this story , if you know what I mean. We've only really heard Mika's side of the story. I just think the mother seems acerbic and hilarious, and the chainsaw thing is freakin cool

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, neona said:

But April was still funny and whimsical tho!

Whimsical? April? Are we talking about the same person?  April said "I hate everything".   

Maybe Mika's mother thought she was loving by being hard on her, and didn't realize Mika needed a different type of parenting. 

I guess we're all going to live thru Mika's depression.  She's working every day, she has a paycheck, a home, family around her, no one has been sick as far as we know. What exactly is the problem? 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Whimsical? April? Are we talking about the same person?  April said "I hate everything".   

I know but when she went shopping for "house supplies" with her husband and only bought like fun stuff like a marshmallow shooter, etc, etc. She wasn't truly a downer, she was mainly just trolling, heh .This is making me wanna do a marathon re-watch 🙂

So now we have Mindfulness Mika teaching us about mental health matters again. Where would we be without her navigating us through this crisis? She's certainly on the top of my list of experts to whom I turn for advice. She is blogging like crazy...is her KYV contract up for review?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

She is blogging like crazy...is her KYV contract up for review?

I think it's a cry for help. 

I would think between the pets, kids, Mom, show, etc she'd be too busy to be so depressed. 

"We're all in pain". Read:  I am miserable, I hate living in FL, I miss the excitement of NYC, and Joe is a pain in my ass. 

• Love 3