Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Damaris56 said:

Over the last 2 nights I've been watching MSNBC's coverage of the Democratic National Convention.  Starting off each night with a trio of women - Joy Reid, Rachel Maddow and Nicole Wallace as moderators is a pleasant surprise.  I can't help but think that it must be galling for Mika that she wasn't asked to moderate (not that she deserves it).  Can you image her shrieking & becoming unhinged like she does on MJ over Covid 19 and the death rate and everything else for that matter.  

I don't think Meeka is quick enough on her feet to handle moderating the convention.  I also don't think she would be interested....she would have to put in a good amount of prep work; and then handling a show with two or three smart, independent, hard-working newswomen would stress her quite a bit.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Kemper said:

I don't think Meeka is quick enough on her feet to handle moderating the convention.  I also don't think she would be interested....she would have to put in a good amount of prep work; and then handling a show with two or three smart, independent, hard-working newswomen would stress her quite a bit.

Also, Joy Rachel & Nicolle all have the field they specialize in, Nicolle's experience in the Comms Office at the WH and running campaigns, Rachel's team does research like nobody's business, and can delve into legal docs, etc.  Joy looks at issues that affect minorities, etc.  And we all have the shows we gravitate to based on the host, or if a certain topic will be discussed. 

All three are smart, and enthusiastic about their work and funny and have their own personality quirks and interests. 

No one turns on Morning Joe and says OH BOY MIKA'S HOSTING!!!   This is going to be a fun morning. Most of us slog thru it because of the guests or a breaking news topic we're interested in. 

Mika doesn't have the ability to drill down into a subject and get into real reporting. And she's never seemed interested to do that.  

She gets hysterical about something going on in the news and shrieks at the guests "AM I RIGHT??! AM I MISSING SOMETHING?". (Don't you dare disagree with me)

Rachel will synopsize something a guest is going to talk about prior to introducing them and ask, did I get that right, but she doesn't sound like she's going to lock herself in the bathroom with a sheet cake if anyone disagrees with her. 

• Love 4
On 8/13/2020 at 8:04 AM, neona said:

Because I'm a geek, I looked it up and it's a rhetorical device called Anaphora! https://literarydevices.net/anaphora/ . Now if he'd also read up on all the other ones, and mix it up a little, bless his heart.

I kinda agree, and I think it's the kind of thing that might be emotionally engaging to some but annoying when you're smart and your brain is screaming for a point to be made, not to generalize or anything. I generally like Joe, he can be pretty insightful and funny but that's mostly when he's speaking naturally and not trying to be Cicero. 

I had a colleague who would do this often.  He also would repeat your name multiple times when speaking to you if there was a debate or any disagreement.  He learned this when he worked for the CIA (in logistics, not a spy 😄 ). I would cut him off and point out that I knew what he was doing and it was ineffective because of that.  Always threw him off.

I do like that the article you linked uses the beginning of A Tale of Two Cities as an example.  Joe, you are no Charles Dickens. 

16 hours ago, Kemper said:

I would say the same thing about Joe.  He does not want to do any prep work and would just go into his now standard rants.  Neither could hold their own against professionals who can analyze and react to what is being said in the moment. Not that America doesn't need to hear Joe tell us about his time in Congress and what he would do in every situation. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I do like that the article you linked uses the beginning of A Tale of Two Cities as an example.  Joe, you are no Charles Dickens. 

Oh don't say that. There might be a market out there for the epic tale of a dashing young lawyer called Moe Marlborough, who arrives in Washington DC with only a dollar in his pocket and his wits about him, and who, through his great genius, rugged good looks and irresistible powers of persuasion, saves a whole nation from economic collapse and puts the villain, Biff Stinton, behind bars. Along the way he helps a beautiful heiress involved in a lengthy legal dispute about a will, know her value and claim her rightful inheritance. They marry and adopt Moe's faithful sidekick street urchin/pickpocket with a heart of gold named Billie Heist and live happily ever after. 

On 8/19/2020 at 7:56 PM, Damaris56 said:

Over the last 2 nights I've been watching MSNBC's coverage of the Democratic National Convention.  Starting off each night with a trio of women - Joy Reid, Rachel Maddow and Nicole Wallace as moderators is a pleasant surprise.  I can't help but think that it must be galling for Mika that she wasn't asked to moderate (not that she deserves it).  

I really don't think so. I've seen no evidence of anything but congratulatons and well wishes on her part for these three. I doubt she's engaged in any sort of rivalry with the other women on MSNBC, didn't Nicolle Wallace even say a while back she even helped her negotiate her contract or something like that. 

• LOL 1
On 8/19/2020 at 10:56 AM, Damaris56 said:

Over the last 2 nights I've been watching MSNBC's coverage of the Democratic National Convention.  Starting off each night with a trio of women - Joy Reid, Rachel Maddow and Nicole Wallace as moderators is a pleasant surprise.  I can't help but think that it must be galling for Mika that she wasn't asked to moderate (not that she deserves it).  Can you image her shrieking & becoming unhinged like she does on MJ over Covid 19 and the death rate and everything else for that matter.  

She's never asked to do anything.  Joy and Nicolle are also frequent substitute hosts on other colleagues' shows.  AFAIK, Mika's never been tapped to fill in for anyone.  She can't even manage her own show; how could she handle a different format and a different crew?

• Love 5
On 8/21/2020 at 2:14 PM, oakville said:

I doubt that Mika & Joe will appreciate criticism from a former NBC co host of the weekend Today show.

I think people give Joe and Mika too much credit for Trump.  A lot of people just voted for him to vote against Hillary Clinton.  Most of those people probably don't watch Joe and Mika. 

Also, IMO Soledad has become insufferable on Twitter since she disappeared from cable news.  I can't imagine she'll be invited on by JoeMika anytime soon.  She's too liberal for Fox and she's already been fired by CNN.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 1

Has Mika been in Texas lately?  I was listening to Dumb People Town podcast and they had a story of a woman being banned from a Texas Wal Mart for eating half a sheet cake while walking around the store and then stating she would only pay for the half that was left when she got to the register. 

Earlier this year a woman was stopped from driving around the parking lot  in a handicapped scooter cart, drinking wine out of a Pringles can. 

Wine..... cake.....

Just sayin'....

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

I think people give Joe and Mika too much credit for Trump.  A lot of people just voted for him to vote against Hillary Clinton.  Most of those people probably don't watch Joe and Mika. 

Also, IMO Soledad has become insufferable on Twitter since she disappeared from cable news.  I can't imagine she'll be invited on by JoeMika anytime soon.  She's too liberal for Fox and she's already been fired by CNN.

The problem with Mika & Joe is that they get too close on a personal level with the politicians they cover. Mika was a guest star on the Apprentice many years ago. She was at a golf club event with Trump & was giddy on camera. Mika & Joe actively encouraged Chris Christie to run for President in 2011. They were devastated when he decided not to run against President Obama.

Joe was a personal friend of Governor Mark Sanford & said he would make an excellent GOP nominee.

Joe was very supportive of Gov McDonell of Virginia.

I think Mika & Joe were reckless when they covered Trump in 2015 & 2016.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, oakville said:

The problem with Mika & Joe is that they get too close on a personal level with the politicians they cover. Mika was a guest star on the Apprentice many years ago. She was at a golf club event with Trump & was giddy on camera. Mika & Joe actively encouraged Chris Christie to run for President in 2011. They were devastated when he decided not to run against President Obama.

Joe was a personal friend of Governor Mark Sanford & said he would make an excellent GOP nominee.

THIS.  I believe the term is "star f*ckers".   That's not literal, it' just refers to people who are obsessed with being around famous/influential people to boost their own standing.  

And come hell or high water, a day won't go by that Joe doesn't remind you of his "glory days", which apparently weren't that glory filled since he quit.  For someone who wanted to spend time with family, he didn't waste any time beat feeting it to NYC to be a tv star.  He spent so much time with his family, he forgot who he was married to.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Has Mika been in Texas lately?  I was listening to Dumb People Town podcast and they had a story of a woman being banned from a Texas Wal Mart for eating half a sheet cake while walking around the store and then stating she would only pay for the half that was left when she got to the register. 

Earlier this year a woman was stopped from driving around the parking lot drinking wine out of a Pringles can. 

Wine..... cake.....

Just sayin'....

This may or may not have been me. I've had a few blackouts during lockdown so I'm not gonna cast stones. I hope she ate the Pringles first though.

I kinda always assumed most media people are friends with politicians. At least those who are opinion hosts rather than hard news people. At least Joe and Mika are usually honest about it, like you can tell who they're friends with (and who they're NOT, heh)

I do agree they were somewhat reckless, though, and they should have pushed back harder, but that was true of so many media people, who all seemed to be in this weird state of bemused disbelief rather than genuine alarm, probably because the whole thing was so insane.

But this whole "Joe and Mika elected Trump" thing is overblown and kinda tiresome. By that logic, if Joe and Mika are 100% to blame for Trump, they will also need to be given 100% of the credit if Biden is elected. We'd have to sit through a hundred insufferable "when I elected Biden and saved America!" rants from Joe. Nah. They're influential for sure but most people who watch have already made up their minds.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, neona said:

But this whole "Joe and Mika elected Trump" thing is overblown and kinda tiresome. By that logic, if Joe and Mika are 100% to blame for Trump, they will also need to be given 100% of the credit if Biden is elected. We'd have to sit through a hundred insufferable "when I elected Biden and saved America!" rants from Joe. Nah. They're influential for sure but most people who watch have already made up their minds.

I don't think they really had any bearing one way or the other on the election, I can't imagine most Trump voters watching this show, they are probably Fox viewers.

What I think is more galling  is the blatant hypocrisy of the two of them after their behavior during the election to turn into two of his biggest critics, yowling like a couple tom cats about everything he does. Like they didn't know what would happen so it was all fun and games.   

And compared to how they criticized Hillary prior to the election. 

• Love 6

Boy I hope Joe doesn't listen to Fresh Air today. They have an author who wrote a book about the rise of conservatism in the US, mainly Ronald Reagan.  It's not the Reagan was a God myth Joey leads us to believe.  Bet this guy won't get booked on Morning Schmoe any time soon, even tho he is quite complimentary to Carter regarding his foreign policy accomplishments, which are probably due in part to Mika's dad. 

• Love 2
On 8/24/2020 at 11:05 AM, neona said:

Joe and Mika aren't having Biden appear in person or phone in for his half hour free campaign commercial.

Joe and Mika may not deserve 100% of the blame but they definitely behaved inappropriately and that's why the rest of the media gives them so much grief about it.

• Love 11
On 8/28/2020 at 9:53 PM, shok said:

Joe and Mika may not deserve 100% of the blame but they definitely behaved inappropriately and that's why the rest of the media gives them so much grief about it.

This!! 

I would say other than maybe a couple people on Fox, Joe & Mika must be two of the most disliked people in political media. You never hear anyone say anything nice about them. Even that poor girl Mika has working for her was complaining about Mika being hard on her "but it helped me be disciplined". Yeah I've been there I had a real jerk for a boss and it sucked, but one thing it does is make you think three steps ahead, in order to keep from being yelled at. 

OTH, Nicolle, and other on the network are praised continuously.  And anyone who thinks Joe has a good sense of humor, watch 11th Hour or listen to the podcast. Brian Williams is the BEST at snark.  Last week he said Ivanka came out on stage to Elton John's "I'm Still Standing" for reasons only the Lord would know, I was dying.   

He can even tease guests about the background re their rating on Room Rater , etc. and have them laughing right along.   Joe does not have the humor chip.  He may think he's funny, but he comes off as arrogant and condescending.  

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 6

I used to watch Trevor Noah at 11; lately I have been watching Brian Williams.  He gives his guests lots of credit and doesn't hesitate to praise them.  But the best thing his is wit and snark.  I don't think I have seen anyone do it better - except John Stewart back-in-the-day.    

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I used to watch Trevor Noah at 11; lately I have been watching Brian Williams.

Trevor did get off a good one re Jared's comment about NBA players "having the luxury of being millionaires and could afford to take a night off, but I wish they would work on more concrete solutions to racial problems". 

Trevor said, "so according to Jared NBA players should  shut up and dribble, solve 200 years of systemic racism, sell breakfast cereal, and date all the Kardashians". 

• Love 5

According to her SM, Mika apparently ate a bowl of Nutella and then rolled around on the grass like or with her dog. Claiming to be "done with Corona and politics". Umm... I'd suggest she just fess up and declare she's done with her job, since discussing those subjects is what she and lover boy get paid to do. I hope someone at the top of the chain sees this. She checked out long ago. As did I.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Isn't Nutella like peanut butter?

I wish. It's supposed to be hazelnuts ground up with chocolate. Over-hyped and gross, IMO. Oily and runny. I was shocked at how much I hated it when I finally tried it. The greasy "mouth-feel" is a turn off. The company must pay it's influencers mighty well to promote this as a life-changing product. (YMMV, of course.) Mika has a thing for it. I think in her book on weight management or her one on sleep deprivation, she mentioned sleep-eating it with her hands. Nice.

• Love 2

The guy who moved to FL to avoid paying higher taxes is telling CA, NY, etc to lower taxes. He lives in a state that is subsidized by other states because they don't pay state taxes. 

Joe really should learn to keep his mouth shut. 

Again, Twitter not having it. 

• Love 1

Holy Shit. I'm scrolling thru my library of podcasts, and one of them is Conspiracyland, hosted by Michael Isikoff. I listened to a previous season because it covered the death of Seth Rich, the DNC staffer who was murdered in a robbery and whom all of Hillary's enemies claimed she had killed.

Guess what they're talking about this season? 

Lori Klasutis.  

It's on iTunes if you're interested.  The second episode is "Blood Feud" about Joe & Trump's relationship and how they fell out.  They're playing one of Joe's songs as I type this.  Now they're talking about the trip to Mar A Lago. 

I wonder if they'll have Michael Isikoff on the show. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Holy Shit. I'm scrolling thru my library of podcasts, and one of them is Conspiracyland, hosted by Michael Isikoff. I listened to a previous season because it covered the death of Seth Rich, the DNC staffer who was murdered in a robbery and whom all of Hillary's enemies claimed she had killed.

Guess what they're talking about this season? 

Lori Klasutis.  

It's on iTunes if you're interested.  The second episode is "Blood Feud" about Joe & Trump's relationship and how they fell out.  They're playing one of Joe's songs as I type this.  Now they're talking about the trip to Mar A Lago. 

I wonder if they'll have Michael Isikoff on the show. 

This sounds like an interesting podcast. I’ll have to add it to my library (of which I already have too many to listen to). 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, cased said:

This sounds like an interesting podcast. I’ll have to add it to my library (of which I already have too many to listen to). 

It's not doing Joe & Mika any favors.  He comes off sounding like an arrogant asshole. He had some meeting or event with his staff at that office and he apparently didn't know Lori very well if at all, but when she walked up to talk to him he acted like "I don't know you and I don't care to".  TJ said it really pissed him off and he could see how hurt Lori was.  

It also goes into Joe leaving Congress because he wanted to be on tv. It took 2 years to get the Scarborough Country gig contract with MSNBC, but that's what he wanted all along.  There's audio of Joe "crying" when he announced his retirement, because he wanted to be with his family so badly.   

So the third episode goes into how after Trump started tweeting about Joe and Lori, QAnon kooks picked up on it. Apparently, according to them, Lori was reading secret documents in Joe's office about White House crime families who were involved in major conspiracies, including but not limited to killing JFK.   

Unfortunately for these dumbasses, Joe's office wasn't a SCIF, and Lori didn't have a security clearance, but that doesn't matter when you're working day and night to uncover pizza restaurant child trafficking rings and Nancy Pelosi using babies' blood to ward off Covid 19.   

How in God's name do I live in the same country with people who actually believe this bullshit?  My sister knows someone who knows two people who belong to or somehow support QAnon. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

I love Kasie, but but but what about Yasmin? Oh man, I hope they've found something for her? Yasmin is fantastic

And I mean, does this mean Kasie will do KasieDC, and Morning Joe First Look, and appear on Morning Joe? Or will she stop appearing on Morning Joe? I'd miss her, I don't usually catch the 5 a.m.show and rarely catch KasieDC...

ETA: AND WHEN IS SHE GONNA SLEEP??

Edited by neona
  • Love 1

Apparently Yasmin, Alicia, and Joshua are moving to weekends and Kasie DC is kaput. Doesn't affect my interest as I don't care for any of them all that much or at those times/days. YMMV.

I came here originally to mention I saw an ad in the WSJ today for a WSJ "Women in the Workplace Forum" being held Sept. 30. Features Sarah Cooper, Kendra Scott, the female CEO of Hershey, female CEO of Chase Banking, female soon to be the next CEO of Citi, and the male CEO of Chevron. Mysteriously, I couldn't find Mika's name. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Apparently Yasmin, Alicia, and Joshua are moving to weekends and Kasie DC is kaput. Doesn't affect my interest as I don't care for any of them all that much or at those times/days. YMMV.

Interesting. Those of you in the know, what does it mean - I mean is this a demotion for Kasie? People are congratulating her?  And is it a promotion or a demotion for Yasmin to be moved to weekends? 

• Love 1

Neona  I was thinking same thing, it sounds like a demotion.  I don't know that Kasie  would have the same exposure that she got at 7 pm on Sundays, I'm wondering if they're tinkering with the format.  Wasn't Up Too Early more light hearted than First Look? 

I would imagine Yasmin is worn out from this shift, esp having to do it on her own. The last couple mornings I can hear the frustration in her voice about the events of the last few days.  

I think with elections coming, weekend shows are getting more viewers and maybe network is trying to get a permanent group of hosts thru the weekend afternoons.  Joshua has been hosting shows well into Saturday night, I think around 9 or so they start rerunning Friday night episodes of Rachel. 

Yasmin & Joshua both deserve a higher profile show.  

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, neona said:

Interesting. Those of you in the know, what does it mean - I mean is this a demotion for Kasie? People are congratulating her?  And is it a promotion or a demotion for Yasmin to be moved to weekends? 

I think it is a promotion for Kasie. She will be the lead in for the prestigious Morning Joe.

Perhaps her & Willie could take over for Mika & Joe in 2021?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, neona said:

I love Kasie, but but but what about Yasmin? Oh man, I hope they've found something for her? Yasmin is fantastic

And I mean, does this mean Kasie will do KasieDC, and Morning Joe First Look, and appear on Morning Joe? Or will she stop appearing on Morning Joe? I'd miss her, I don't usually catch the 5 a.m.show and rarely catch KasieDC...

ETA: AND WHEN IS SHE GONNA SLEEP??

Poor Kasie. That's what I thought, too.  She is a mother of a child who is under two.   I'm sure she has help, but I still don't see why she would want this slot.  I would think that it would be challenging to book guests for that time. 

Maybe she figures that a predictable morning time is better than running around Capitol Hill all day, with all of the waiting and scrambling that involves.

I give it about six months.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, nittanycougar said:

Poor Kasie. That's what I thought, too.  She is a mother of a child who is under two.   I'm sure she has help, but I still don't see why she would want this slot.  I would think that it would be challenging to book guests for that time. 

Yasmin has two under the age of 5, I think the baby is going to be 2, and three Labrador Retrievers who also want to be with Mommy when she's on air.  She has Hans on, as well as a couple people from Axios every morning, someone from CNBC, that cute guy who does legal analysis.  

Maybe they are grooming Kasie to take over with Willie . 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Yasmin has two under the age of 5, I think the baby is going to be 2, and three Labrador Retrievers who also want to be with Mommy when she's on air.  She has Hans on, as well as a couple people from Axios every morning, someone from CNBC, that cute guy who does legal analysis.  

Would Kasie do the report from a studio or her home ? She would have to get up at 2 am.

Mika & Joe could gracefully turn over the reigns of the show to Willie & Kasie.

MSNBC could let Tom Brokaw retire & let Joe become the elder statesman of the network.

Joe could advise President Biden with a daily 10 minute scripted tv rant on what issues he should focus on.

On past shows, Joe has said that if Presidents Clinton, George W Bush & Obama had listened to him, they would have enjoyed the same level of popularity as when he left Congress.

• LOL 2

I like Kasie; think she does a great job reporting from Capital Hill. One of the best ones.  She is sharp and quick-witted; I have never watched her show on the weekend; so don't know how she does carrying a show herself.  Does she have a sense of humor?  It would sure be needed early in the morning.  She seems to do well with straight news; but she kind of bores me a bit.  Just me, I know.  I really like Jasmin the times I have seen her.  She is also sharp and quick-witted, always well prepared, and can roll with anything that turns up. But Kasie has worked hard and been a team player; as are all of the on-air personnel.  Maybe except for Joe.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, oakville said:

Would Kasie do the report from a studio or her home ? She would have to get up at 2 am.

As far as I know, Yasmin does First Look from her home.  A couple weeks ago she said she was on air and one of the kids was trying to get to her and she was blocking him with her leg. 

Once she posted a photo of herself sleeping on the floor of the nursery at 2:30 am.  I should say "trying to sleep, the kids woke up around 1 am and wouldn't go back to sleep unless she stayed in there with them. 

All I can say is Mika has a lot of nerve bitching about how hard her job is and the hours.  Try being ready to carry a show by yourself, and care for two toddlers.  All the while looking like a professional, being prepared, doing interviews and being pleasant. 

Maybe now she'll get out from under their thumb and be able to do her own thing. I think she's felt beholden to them, since First Look/Why Am I up this Early was Joe's idea so maybe he hired her. 

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

All I can say is Mika has a lot of nerve bitching about how hard her job is and the hours. 

Well, she keeps on bitching..,I came across this on her KYV platform: https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/mika-s-know-your-value-pandemic-reset-roll-your-sleeves-ncna1239648 Enjoyed her paragraph about her hard life during the pandemic. Lots of bs there. She makes herself sound like the busiest, most important woman in the world. Hard to imagine that in real life, she just rolls out of bed, throws on a robe and sits next to her husband for a few hours, tsk tsking and making faces...even while at her vacation home.

Mika & Joe could gracefully turn over the reigns of the show to Willie & Kasie.

Gracefully, Oakville? Surely you jest.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I  love love love both Kasie Hunt and Willie, but they essentially have the same personality, super-prepared, amazingly competent, straight-faced, slightly slightly dull types. You need at least one straight-faced, straight-laced person, and 1-2 quirky, fun, irreverent persons to make a MORNING SHOW, ymmv....

I feel so weird about this news. I liked KasieDC - I didn't always watch, but I felt Kasie had earned it, and belonged there. She was competing against long-time veteran Wolf Blitzer...so that wasn't really fair.

She's an incredibly competent, prepared, razor-sharp journalist - and it's possible she might have gotten slightly lower ratings because she was a little too formal and unimaginative, she imitated Mika and wore black, she sometimes resorted to stock phrases, she wasn't always enthusiastic (I can't blame her, because the news SUCKS right now...)...but none of that should have mattered because she is so fucking talented...and what's so sad is, it was NOTHING a good pereceptive producer couldn't have fixed early on...

And now if Kasie's demotion has led to some kind of chain-reaction demotion of Yasmin??? I mean, no?? i hope Kasie Hunt steps the fuck up, makes Yasmin Vassoughian the co-host of her show and turn it into a 5 am hour of women kicking ass in the morning. I'm there for it. 

Edited by neona
  • Love 1

I wonder if the pandemic played a role in the decision to move Kasie. Are congressional correspondents allowed to roam the halls like she and Garrett Haake use to? ("Senator, what do you have to say about the president's tweet this morning?)

I see that Garrett has been put on the campaign trail, so maybe this is a corresponding move.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, neona said:

And now if Kasie's demotion has led to some kind of chain-reaction demotion of Yasmin??? I mean, no?? i hope Kasie Hunt steps the fuck up, makes Yasmin Vassoughian the co-host of her show and turn it into a 5 am hour of women kicking ass in the morning. I'm there for it. 

Yasmin is getting the 3-5 pm shift on the weekends. I imagine Kasie's ratings didn't help her, and Joe & Mika probably maneuvered her into the 5 am show. She's a mentee of theirs.  Yasmin probably needed a break from 5 am. That has to suck.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Yasmin is getting the 3-5 pm shift on the weekends. I imagine Kasie's ratings didn't help her, and Joe & Mika probably maneuvered her into the 5 am show. She's a mentee of theirs.  Yasmin probably needed a break from 5 am. That has to suck.  

Oh good! I thought they were letting her go, to replace her with Kasie, that would have been really unfair. I do hope it was a change she actually wanted, though, and not one that was forced on her... At least she can get more sleep I guess

• Love 2
21 hours ago, oakville said:

MSNBC could let Tom Brokaw retire & let Joe become the elder statesman of the network.

Joe could advise President Biden with a daily 10 minute scripted tv rant on what issues he should focus on.

On past shows, Joe has said that if Presidents Clinton, George W Bush & Obama had listened to him, they would have enjoyed the same level of popularity as when he left Congress.

Isn't Joe already a combination of elder statesman (world leaders call for his advice all the time) and young hottie?  I mean, it's Joe.  All the women want him and all the men want to be him! 

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Isn't Joe already a combination of elder statesman (world leaders call for his advice all the time) and young hottie?  I mean, it's Joe.  All the women want him and all the men want to be him! 

There is no one like Joe. Stop questioning what he says and does! We brought you a one in a million show!   Here I am celebrating my husband's genius

image.png.74bd44130885f175d261e12a6a6c8a78.png

A word on my husband Yes JOE is taking a week or to off - he may jump in-may not. The reason? I told him to. When he’s not by my side in the morning, I feel the void and realize his value all over again. For 13 years, Joe has been ANALYZING, ADVOCATING, PROGNOSTICATING...

Joe’s job is like juggling precious china and fire sticks. He puts himself out there because he LOVES politics, he LOVES his country. Joe has a quick intellect and passion for American history. It all makes him remarkably effective at speaking the ultimate truth to power!!

.like NO ONE can. Nobody comes close. This is rarely recognized btw-maybe because he makes it look so easy! This show has become a vital part of the political landscape. Joe created the platform, pitched to Phill Griffin - chose the players, and set up a GO-TO place for politics

• LOL 7
3 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Joe is like sixty years old, how can he be a young hottie LOL. Nor is he an elder statesman because he was never an actual statesman.... Idk. I like Joe when he's just chlling and being himself and not being under any delusions of grandeur, and not taking himself too seriously. Then he's funny and friendly and actually kinda interesting.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, neona said:

Joe is like sixty years old, how can he be a young hottie LOL. Nor is he an elder statesman because he was never an actual statesman.... Idk. I like Joe when he's just chlling and being himself and not being under any delusions of grandeur, and not taking himself too seriously. Then he's funny and friendly and actually kinda interesting.  

Joe really CAN be funny.  But I can't remember the last time he didn't take himself seriously or chilled.  His self-importance is one of the things that has made this show not-so-much-fun to watch anymore.   

• Love 4

I can't remember the last time I actually attempted to watch MJ. I was channel surfing in the channel line up where MSNBC resides on Uverse during a time when I normally wouldn't. I mention that because I happened to see Mika and had to stop on the channel for a couple minutes with the sound muted because I was staring at the screen wondering what the hell she had done to her face. 😱

• LOL 3
  • Love 1