Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I don't get what those black things are? The scars on Carlie's psyche from watching her Mother play footsie with her co-host every day? 

Video of the young artist at work.
I wonder what Bing Bong and Mika think of that tattoo.

Bing Bong:  "She has a tattoo, Mika.  You've failed as a mother.  You're worthless."
Mika:  [looks pained and crestfallen and slowly inserts a heaping fistful of cake into her mouth and chews very slowly]

• Love 2

Ok, what I just wrote might be construed as cruel and tasteless and an excellent example of how the internet is an ugly place.
To balance it- I admire the young lady's work ethic, creativity and spirit.  I would imagine her mother is very proud of her.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

Ok, what I just wrote might be construed as cruel and tasteless and an excellent example of how the internet is an ugly place.
To balance it- I admire the young lady's work ethic, creativity and spirit.  I would imagine her mother is very proud of her.

The conversation between BeBop and Mika is very realistic. You weren't making light of Carlie's work. 

I would like to know how the black feathers attached to a white box represent an inability to control one's emotions.  Perhaps just being emotionally scattered, one minute feeling one thing, the next another? 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/23/2020 at 4:33 PM, teddysmom said:

First rule of Twitter:

Don't use all caps on the word you misspelled. 

I before E except after C, Meeks, not before.  

Doesn't she have a NDA on ex- husband, Jim, who is the father of her daughters.  Meeks has some nerve calling out others for trying to keep info secret.

I would love to read the inside story of Joe and Meeks as told by Jim H.

Also, who is Bebop? Mika's makeup artist?

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 4

Bebop is Bamba, Mika's mom.  I couldn't remember her nickname once so I made one up. 

I was trying to find more of Carlie's art online, not to make fun, just to see if there is a theme to her work, and there is an article in some magazine of Mika & Jim's house in Bronxville. I wonder if this is the same one where she & Joe were living. So Jim was nice enough to move out and let those two have that house? 

It's a lot of light blue and beach themed stuff, it was decorated by a professional, it's not very cozy. It looks like a model home or one of those tour houses.

And of course, Mika's book "All Things at Once: How I realized my family is happier when I'm not around" was on the table. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Sadly, I feel like Carly is saying that she lacks emotional regulation. This sounds like a personal announcement of some sort.  Mika is an idiot who doesn't realize how much pain this art portrays. 

If I recall correctly, both this daughter and Mika have spoken openly in interviews about an actual diagnosed mood disorder, so it's hardly an announcement. More like something she's been dealing with for a long time, is choosing to express through art, and her mom, however imperfect, is helping her spread the message. It's hard to say from the outside but it seemed to me from this and the other times it's been brought up that Mika does realize how much pain there is. Maybe she's not the best at dealing with it, maybe she's even partly responsible for it, but it seems to me she gets it and does the best she can.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Video of the young artist at work.
I wonder what Bing Bong and Mika think of that tattoo.

Bing Bong:  "She has a tattoo, Mika.  You've failed as a mother.  You're worthless."
Mika:  [looks pained and crestfallen and slowly inserts a heaping fistful of cake into her mouth and chews very slowly]

https://undelete.news/people/3723/4901057

Uh OK but from previously pubished stuff this smart creative kid literally got a tattoo to commemorate her grandfather, whom she clearly loved deeply, aka "Bing Bong"'s husband who still seems to me to be a pretty heartbroken widow

• Love 2

Okay, maybe I am grumpy and old this morning.  I am sure Carly is a great young woman; she has dealt with the very public split of her parents; to those who follow tv/cable news.  I cannot imagine how traumatic that would be; I have no idea what kind of parents either Meeka or her ex make.  However.  Here is the "grumpy" part....

I haven't really looked at the video or whatever the artwork is on.  And good for Carly for dealing with her issues via art.  But.  Having it put "out there" for all to see (I am not sure about this, I don't know the source; maybe she didn't put it out there herself).  But.  If she has ambitions to be an artist ... and good for her, nothing wrong with that.  But isn't "having it out there in the public" kind of like trading off her family's fame?  Like her mother?  I just hope she is able to deal with her issues in a healthy way.  Whatever that may be.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/25/2020 at 12:01 PM, Kemper said:

I was thinking the same thing!  Are they a joke at One Rockefeller Center?  Or whatever the address is?

I was never a Brian Williams fan ... but I think his show at 11 is fabulous.  I was hoping they would give the 7:00 slot to him.  Sorry, but I cannot bear Joy Reid; I like her but cannot bear her.  Yes, I know that makes no sense.  I usually tune in to her on Saturdays for about an hour. 

I watch Joy sometimes on Saturday, too.  I feel like she is very stubborn about advancing her own point of view.  She always tries to get her guests to agree with the point she wants to make. I usually end up mad and yelling at the TV just like when I watch Joe.

I like Brian Williams. He is very smart, but there is something down to earth about him.  He can fill up time during breaking news segments without saying the same thing repeatedly. 

And, unlike Joe, you will never hear Brian on air doing impressions of people or making fun of the subjects he covers.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, neona said:

https://undelete.news/people/3723/4901057

Uh OK but from previously pubished stuff this smart creative kid literally got a tattoo to commemorate her grandfather, whom she clearly loved deeply, aka "Bing Bong"'s husband who still seems to me to be a pretty heartbroken widow

I love that photo of Dr Z & his grandkids.

I miss Dr Z's appearances on Morning Joe.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, nittanycougar said:

I watch Joy sometimes on Saturday, too.  I feel like she is very stubborn about advancing her own point of view.  She always tries to get her guests to agree with the point she wants to make. I usually end up mad and yelling at the TV just like when I watch Joe.

I like Brian Williams. He is very smart, but there is something down to earth about him.  He can fill up time during breaking news segments without saying the same thing repeatedly. 

And, unlike Joe, you will never hear Brian on air doing impressions of people or making fun of the subjects he covers.

I usually watch Trevor Noah at 11:00; but find I tune in to Brian for a bit, also.  He was showing a Trump video - I cannot remember what it was about.  But at the end, Brian looked at the camera and said something like "meanwhile, here in the real world" or some such.  He can have a really dry wit sometimes; maybe we can all use a bit of that.

Chris Matthews and Kornacki did not have it.  Jonathan Capeheart can, sometimes.  It is hard to think of anyone who can do hard news but once-in-awhile just let themselves go a bit.   

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

Okay, maybe I am grumpy and old this morning. 

Grumpy and old is quite often very educational, and if not that, at least charming and interesting. 🙂

2 hours ago, Kemper said:

I haven't really looked at the video or whatever the artwork is on.  And good for Carly for dealing with her issues via art.  But.  Having it put "out there" for all to see (I am not sure about this, I don't know the source; maybe she didn't put it out there herself).  But.  If she has ambitions to be an artist ... and good for her, nothing wrong with that.  But isn't "having it out there in the public" kind of like trading off her family's fame?  Like her mother?  I just hope she is able to deal with her issues in a healthy way.  Whatever that may be.

Well, to be fair, actually looking at the video on the artwork is often the best first start to developing an opinion about it. 🙂 Doesn't matter what that opinion actually is, but, y'know, preliminaries...

I kind of see what you're saying - at the same time, if she grew up with a mother in the public eye as a normal part of her life, it kind of makes sense that she'd want to assert herself and respond through the same medium, in the same way? I think growing up with famous parents vs growing up with regular parents is a bit like growing up with the internet vs growing up without the internet. If you are used to it it's part of the way you communicate and the structure you operate within. I also don't see how she's trading off her family name when she's consciously choosing to use a different last name.

(edited)

I could be missing something but isn't Mika the one putting it out there,not Carly, in that IG post?  No one would know what that tattoo meant otherwise.  

BriWi has a great sense of humor his appearances on 30 Rock and SNL are evidence of that. He guides the ship but lets his guests be the focal point with their insight.  

Unlike the egos of Douche and Screech. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 6/27/2020 at 8:47 AM, nittanycougar said:

I am surprised that Mika & Joe would allow Joy to move to primetime. Joe was very supportive of Chris Matthews &  defended his comments about women and Bernie Sanders. Joy is the antithesis of Chris Matthews. 

Mika & Joe used to brag that they were happy that the network replaced hosts they didn't like.

• Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SethAMandel/status/1277439619278221312

https://mobile.twitter.com/redsteeze/status/1277430079048396800

Joe is getting dragged on Twitter for praising Al Sharpton's work against hate speech, while apparently forgetting that he introduced a resolution in the House in 1999 condemning the "racist and anti-semitic" views of Rev. Al Sharpton.  

Joe & Rev Al Sharpton's newfound friendship is interesting. He is on the show almost every day.

Joe's resolution in Congress was a very detailed list of Sharpton's comments about Jews. Joe has never publicly apologized to Rev Al for introducing his resolution to Congress.

IIRC, Rev Al Sharpton was able to get a show on MSNBC soon after supporting publicly supporting NBC's merger with Comcast.

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/28/business/media/for-al-sharpton-questions-on-ties-to-comcast.html

I do think Joe respects Rev Al's influence at the network & he was helpful in bailing out Mika & Joe when they made racially insensitive remarks over the riots in Baltimore & Ferguson, Missouri.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 2
(edited)

I was listening to ESPN radio this morning. Out of the blue, I heard Mika saying "Welcome back to Morning Joe." Which was kind of jarring considering I haven't watched the show in weeks.

It turned out to be an ad for their radio simulcast, but for a second, I wondered if my phone was haunted.

Edited by xaxat
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 6/29/2020 at 3:44 PM, teddysmom said:

Uh oh...

It's going to be a long hot summer at the Douche & Screech house.  

Joe mentioned that he shopped at Publix. They have an excellent assortment of cakes. It's my favorite grocery store when I visit Sarasota.

• Love 2

Teleprompters at MSNBC: why can't words that someone might stumble over be written phonetically? It's not just Meeks who has been having a problem. Andrea Mitchell is two for two. Yesterday it was not being aware of how to pronounce Ghislane Maxwell and today it was Mackinac Isalnd. (Gizlane and Mackinack). I mean, they may have out of the ordinary pronunciations but surely, she had heard them in conversation?

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Teleprompters at MSNBC: why can't words that someone might stumble over be written phonetically?

Mika mispronounced "Oklahoma" a couple of weeks ago. They would have to spell everything phonetically.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Since I'm bored and it's 103 outside, forcing me inside, I have been snooping around. Look what was just posted by the Queen. She covers all of our favorite things!! I know most of the world was concerned about how she is dealing with all of this. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/mika-how-i-m-dealing-stress-these-extraordinary-times-ncna1232997

Plenty to discuss! (And prescient! I just posted earlier her vacation would be reduced to riding bikes with her mother.) She forgets to mention the hired help she has...the young woman who must be her mother's caregiver.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

"I’m also eating a lot more sugar, which is something I’ve battled in the past and even previously gave up completely. But now? I’ve been eating Lucky Charms. I’ll have cake. "

Lucky Charms??? Jesus Christ on a cracker, woman! What the fuck do you think they invented Ben & Jerry's cookie dough ice cream for?? 

Guess the honeymoon is over. 

How hard is it to deal with seven kids who don't live with you? Her daughters are grown and live in NYC or area. Joe's small kids live with Susan. 

What a fucking drama queen. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Frankly, I don't think she's dealing with this well at all. Lying on the floor, gorging on sugar, petting the cats, and pretending she is the in-control woman of value is a joke. A woman of value would be her mother, who despite physical challenges is getting on with her normal "routine" (as if wielding a chainsaw is normal.) Drama queen is the perfect description. "Oh, woe is me" rings a little hollow. This article would be best saved to her diary, not  for public consumption.

• Love 1

Okay, plumbago blues....I just read her article; wish I had done a count of how many times she uses the "I" word.  Why on earth do celebrities like her (I can't call her a reporter/newsperson) think that anyone would be interested in the minutia of their everyday lives.  Hello?  You don't need to worry about money or childcare; your family seems to be healthy; you can do just about anything you want except travel.  I had oatmeal for breakfast; brownies for lunch; just had a beer before 5:00; am microwaving a Lean Cuisine for dinner; and having more brownies with whipped cream before bed.  Isn't it fascinating? I know lots of people will be interested in my calorie and sweet intake.  Sweet Jesus.

How about spending an hour (at the least) at the DMV?  Most of that hour was spent waiting outside in the sun because only five people were allowed in at a time.  How about the jackass in back of you smoked?  And blew smoke everywhere? How about, once you are part of the lucky five to get inside, the line crawled due to people not knowing the paperwork required for various things I had everything, but my transaction still took about 15 minutes.  I worried people waiting were mad at me.  So, Meeka.  I am so sorry your main worries are exercise and sugar.   

I must say, she is going to look exactly like her mother as she ages.  Maybe she will take up sculpting...imagine the Value in that?   

• Love 4
(edited)

1.  She looks great in that picture of her on the boat with Joe in his Fartmouth t shirt.
2.  "B- good effort" is legitimately hilarious
3.  That kitten is crazy crazy cute
4.  Why the fuck is her mom not wearing a fucking mask???
5.  "Cake"  Made me laugh and laugh.
6.  Vodka is omnipresent by its omission.
7.  She doesn't know what mindfulness means, and, whatever she is doing doesn't work because she admits she is stress eating and dreads exercising.  wtf, mika?  You are so unselfaware it's astonishing.

Edited by Landsnark
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

How hard is it to deal with seven kids who don't live with you? Her daughters are grown and live in NYC or area. Joe's small kids live with Susan.

The seventh kid isn’t even hers. I think this is the daughter of her friend that died, that she calls an honorary daughter. 

1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

1.  She looks great in that picture of her on the boat with Joe in his Fartmouth t shirt.

I may be going crazy here, but I actually think Joe looks pretty good with a little stubble like he has in this photo. 

• Love 3

Methinks she may be entering into the glorious hell of menopause.

I wonder what she meant about the new kitten: "helped bring my family together...we may not all agree on how to get through this pandemic, but we all agree on Spaghetti." Cryptic. What family member isn't obeying the rules? (Besides vulnerable Bombo not wearing a mask around a group of obvious non-family.)

Surprised she didn't bring up her hair situation. And the facial tweaking she'd earlier sworn off of.

Seems all of her prior convictions/come to Jesus posts about her new found self are melting away. Not that there's anything wrong with that...the problem is when one blabs all about it and then finds a scapegoat when she can't hold herself to her new standards.

Imagine how the pandemic is changing real people's lives.

• Love 4

Yes! Menopause!  Just think of the book deal she could get out of that.  Sorry, that was catty.  She is a very attractive woman who seems to try so hard; yet seems like a hamster on one of those wheels.

• Love 1
(edited)
53 minutes ago, Kemper said:

She is a very attractive woman who seems to try so hard; yet seems like a hamster on one of those wheels.

You're being much nicer than I am. She doesn't try hard at all, or she wouldn't suck at her job so much.  

She's expected to have knowledge of the day's events, and be able to read news copy.  She's been doing this since 2007 or thereabouts. 

All she does is yell about Trump & FB. Stumble over a few sentences of copy every few minutes, lose her temper if Joe & Willie talk about a movie or a ball game, and promote KYV/whine about her terrible life. 

She's a whiny spoiled brat. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 5

I wonder if some of her angst is caused by the fact that Nicole Wallace won her time slot last week. Every day.  We know how much Mika likes to promote women as long as they don't have more success.   Is there enough cake & cereal in Florida to get Screech thru this latest assault on her ego? 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I wonder if some of her angst is caused by the fact that Nicole Wallace won her time slot last week. Every day.  We know how much Mika likes to promote women as long as they don't have more success. 

OMG, teddysmom! I just this minute flipped thru the channels and saw Nicole and thought, hmmm, there's one Mika hasn't snagged for her stable of sycophants. Guess this news will keep her off of the kyv roster for awhile. Good on her.

I agree with your earlier post; she does suck at her job and I think she knows it. Such a charade. Her need for attention is intense. Her humble-whine-brag about her stressed out life proves it. It was striking to me that she didn't mention Joe much. More on her mother than her new-ish husband. Probably because he has real, adult "hobbies", like show prep, writing "music", paying bills, and trying not to trip over her splayed out on the floor. What a gal.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I wonder if some of her angst is caused by the fact that Nicole Wallace won her time slot last week. Every day.  We know how much Mika likes to promote women as long as they don't have more success.   Is there enough cake & cereal in Florida to get Screech thru this latest assault on her ego? 

I adore Nicolle Wallace and feel bad that we used to call her "Cackles." Her show is so smart, and she is fearless and articulate in her opinions. I think she has shown so much growth and depth. I will not always agree with her politically, but she has principles and I have mad respect for her.

• Love 12
16 hours ago, Eliot said:

I adore Nicolle Wallace and feel bad that we used to call her "Cackles." Her show is so smart, and she is fearless and articulate in her opinions. I think she has shown so much growth and depth. I will not always agree with her politically, but she has principles and I have mad respect for her.

Agree 100%.  She is a perfect example of how a news/talk show host should conduct themselves.  I follow her on Twitter and the people she has on her show on  a regular basis sing her praises constantly.  Every day she posts a tweet mentioning each guest individually, thanking them, and giving a brief synopsis of what they talked about.  When was the last time Screech did that, other than to say "So & So is doing a KYV IG, telling us how to determine which anti perspirant to buy and how to keep your boobs in your bra". 

Joshua Johnson is a new member of the MSNBC team, he used to host 1-A on NPR, and he is fantastic. I am hoping he gets a hosting gig soon (7 pm weeknights)  

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Agree 100%.  She is a perfect example of how a news/talk show host should conduct themselves.  I follow her on Twitter and the people she has on her show on  a regular basis sing her praises constantly.  Every day she posts a tweet mentioning each guest individually, thanking them, and giving a brief synopsis of what they talked about.  When was the last time Screech did that, other than to say "So & So is doing a KYV IG, telling us how to determine which anti perspirant to buy and how to keep your boobs in your bra".

16 hours ago, Eliot said:

"Cackles" has come a long way since she was a regular on Morning Joe. She used to laugh at all of Joe's jokes on the set & frequently used traditional GOP talking points to criticize the Obama administration. She was very polite & non confrontational when Trump came on the show every day & always mentioned that her parents supported him. She became much more critical of him after he won the nomination.  I do watch her show occasionally & find that she is very well prepared & treats the guests well.  

• Love 3

teddy'smom...I just read where Joy Reid has been named the official host of the 7:00 hour.

I have been reading posts upthread where someone mentioned Meeka knows she isn't good at her job; not sure about that.  She is so clueless that she may think people tune in just to listen to her commentary.  Yes, I know. ☺️ 

She earned her spot the old-fashioned way  - family name, connections, and.....marrying her boss.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, Kemper said:

I just read where Joy Reid has been named the official host of the 7:00 hour.

barf

Oh well I never watched Hardball so it isn't like a habit I have to break.  Maybe they'll give Joshua her 10-12 weekend show. 

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Kemper said:

She is so clueless that she may think people tune in just to listen to her commentary.  Yes, I know. 

Yes she & Joe are birds of a feather, so clueless about their ineptitude it's either hilarious or sad, depending on how you look at it. 

It's fine to tell a close friend you're having problems with stress or something, but no one wants to hear about a woman who makes millions of dollars being bad at a job 2 1/2 hours a day  & is sad and eats cake and crappy cereal and lays on the floor too depressed to get up.  She's depressed because she can't hold her stupid shaminars and fly to France to get the Botox & face adjustments she "doesn't get anymore". 

Fuck off. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

barf

Oh well I never watched Hardball so it isn't like a habit I have to break.  Maybe they'll give Joshua her 10-12 weekend show. 

Yeah, I’m not a Joy Reid fan  either. I was hoping Steve Kornacki would get it.

i usually am not watching TV at that time, but I saw that Shep Smith is going to have a news show on CNBC at that time, so I probably would watch that. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, cased said:

Shep Smith is going to have a news show on CNBC

I caught him on CNBC this morning...they did a little Q and A and welcomed him. He looks great...a little tweaking but in a good way. You can tell he's ready to rock it again. This news made me happy as CNBC is my all day background channel so now I have reason to stay longer while waiting for Shark Tank reruns!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Kemper said:

I just read where Joy Reid has been named the official host of the 7:00 hour.

Her cohorts at MSNBC (Ruhl, Tur, Hayes etc.) have been tweeting congratulations all day.

Joe? Nothing, Mika? Just a straight retweet of Chris Matthews, congratulatory tweet. No personal touch at all, from either of them.

• LOL 2
12 hours ago, xaxat said:

Mika? Just a straight retweet of Chris Matthews

Wow. That's telling. I guess Joy doesn't know her value. Once again, passive aggressive Mika emerges. Supports all women unless they replace a male friend who was dismissed in shame over sexual harassment. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, plumbago blues said:

Wow. That's telling. I guess Joy doesn't know her value. Once again, passive aggressive Mika emerges. Supports all women unless they replace a male friend who was dismissed in shame over sexual harassment. 

Once again MSNBC refuses to listen to Mika & Joe. I am sure they wanted Kasie Hunt to take over from Chris Matthews.

Joe was very upset when Chris Matthews was forced to retire from the network.

• Love 1

Mika must be losing her shit that Joy got that 7 pm gig. 

And Nicole is the new favorite, while Mika & Joe are in FL, not being able to pressure the new boss to kiss Joe's ass like Griffin and Lack did. 

The new guy said he's going to hire more women and minorities, where does that leave Screech & Douche???  

Two rich white people with little talent stuck babysitting BeBop and lost their Number One protector. 

Karma sucks. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1