Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

(edited)
37 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Just read where Andy Lack has "stepped down" ... isn't he a bestie of Joe and Meeka?  Things could get interesting.   Maybe they will give his job to Joe; Joe could wear two hats!  

I just read that too, Kemper. 
I think we just got our backstory to why Mika has been on the verge of a meltdown.

ETA I just read the NBC release. It’s all over Twitter, if you wanna search for it. They buried the news and offered zero platitudes about his time in charge. We are about to learn something big. 🤔 

Edited by XOQueens
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, suomi said:

A repeat from 2018 that is making the rounds today. Gotta love how every article mentions that Lack "decided to step down." Heh.

Rachel deserves a lot of credit for this because she backed Ronan's play from Day One.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/again-and-again-accused-sexual-harassers-kept-their-jobs-under-nbc-news-chief-andy-lack

The dude from the Palmer Report’s conspiracy theory is that the move was forced due to MSNBC’s weekend Biden coverage. And he does make an interesting point, if it was due to the network’s sexual harassment culture this would have come years ago. Oh, Mika, girl, what did you do. 😂😉 

People familiar with the situation told The Daily Beast that Lack was blindsided by Shell’s announcement. An NBC News spokesperson declined to comment. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/andy-lacks-nbc-exit-may-spell-the-end-for-controversial-executive-noah-oppenheim?source=articles&via=rss

Edited by XOQueens
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, suomi said:

A repeat from 2018 that is making the rounds today. Gotta love how every article mentions that Lack "decided to step down." Heh.

Rachel deserves a lot of credit for this because she backed Ronan's play from Day One.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/again-and-again-accused-sexual-harassers-kept-their-jobs-under-nbc-news-chief-andy-lack

According to Fox News , NY AG is investigating NBC News concerning sexual harassment claims so Comcast may have decided to get rid of Lack after the Weinstein & Lauer fiascos.

I am shocked that Joe Scarborough was not consulted before the decision was made.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

I don't expect Lack's departure will result in a lot of change for the show. It seems like they deliver in the ratings. And in the pandemic era, the Florida studio is going to be permanent.

But I do hope the new boss tells Joe that if he wants to be paid millions to host a show bearing his name, then he has to stick around and actually host the entire show.

It's not that I actually want to see more of him, it just annoys me that he is developing the work ethic of a distracted puppy. And Lack apparently enabled him.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, xaxat said:

It seems like they deliver in the ratings.

The network was getting a lot of flack over Mika, Chris Hayes, Andrea & Ali Velshi's BS coverage of the Biden stuff, so they may be told to stick to stuff that can be verified instead of just spewing bullshit. They are alienating their prime demographic. 

Mika announced last night that her husband has always called out Donald Trump for his behavior, etc. Twitter responded "no you did not". 

They have to be concerned about their future. If NBC News let Megyn Kelly go and paid off her  $69 million contract, what's a few million to get rid of Joe & Mika? 

• Love 3
(edited)

If you can, scroll down a few responses, somebody posted video of Mika hugging Trump and giggling when he says "you know you love it".  

Oh Mika, if only you realized in your sugar induced haze that the cameras are on, and the videos don't disappear. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, xaxat said:

I don't expect Lack's departure will result in a lot of change for the show. It seems like they deliver in the ratings. And in the pandemic era, the Florida studio is going to be permanent.

But I do hope the new boss tells Joe that if he wants to be paid millions to host a show bearing his name, then he has to stick around and actually host the entire show.

It's not that I actually want to see more of him, it just annoys me that he is developing the work ethic of a distracted puppy. And Lack apparently enabled him.

Yeah, in the short term, the Florida studio is actually one of the more professional studios.

Speaking of which, there is a great twitter account that is rating all the home studios

https://twitter.com/ratemyskyperoom

it’s a lot of fun

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

It looks like some stupid shit on Trading Places where they somehow sawed bowling pins in half and made chairs. 

Hildy would have done something like that. She made the straw/hay room. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, teddysmom said:

We Are Not Afraid. 

Coulda fooled me

Jeez. These two need  to spend less time on Twitter saying stupid stuff and replying to stupid stuff.

• Love 5

Did you guys catch Mika's Insta/Live Friday with her NYC hair guy? The one at the salon in the fancy hotel where all the "movie stars and celebrities go, who created the "Mika"? (That is an actual quote from her.) She was all saddy frowny face and emotive wanting to know how he and his employees were weathering the lock down. Within about 30 seconds he told us he's been up north, out of Manhattan during this. Ha. That's relatable. I'm sure the hard working young women at the local Great Clips can relate to being quarantined at their country homes. Again so tone deaf!!! And, as usual, we had a great example of our Mika being Mika: she flipped her phone and case around and flashed her Visa debit card's last 4 digits. Jeesh. What a dope. I will say that the lighting in her bathroom is such that her hair looks white and the roots quite dark...the bunker lighting softens the contrast. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Did you guys catch Mika's Insta/Live Friday with her NYC hair guy? The one at the salon in the fancy hotel where all the "movie stars and celebrities go, who created the "Mika"? (That is an actual quote from her.) She was all saddy frowny face and emotive wanting to know how he and his employees were weathering the lock down. Within about 30 seconds he told us he's been up north, out of Manhattan during this. Ha. That's relatable. I'm sure the hard working young women at the local Great Clips can relate to being quarantined at their country homes. Again so tone deaf!!! And, as usual, we had a great example of our Mika being Mika: she flipped her phone and case around and flashed her Visa debit card's last 4 digits. Jeesh. What a dope. I will say that the lighting in her bathroom is such that her hair looks white and the roots quite dark...the bunker lighting softens the contrast. 

This is hilarious! I wonder who will play Mika in the movie about her life.

I was thinking  of Robin Wright.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, oakville said:

I wonder who will play Mika in the movie about her life.

Any woman named Karen who always wants to speak to your manager.

Going back in time to this, when the President first tweeted out about Lack and the same thing he seemingly got booted for this week. Has hard hitting journalist extraordinaire and champion of women’s rights Scoop Brzezinski addressed Lack and NBC News’ latest #metoo tangle yet? While her husband goes off camera any time a potential #metoo interview comes up? 🤔 

• Love 3
(edited)

Just caught up on the latest episode of John Oliver's show Last Week Tonight. At on point he showed a montage of news anchors and talking heads saying the "testing, testing, testing" mantra.

They chose to include a clip of Willie instead of Joe or Mika.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 3

I guess I'm the only one with such a dull life that I check out Mika's instagrams for humor. It took her 2 tries yesterday to do an insta live with her make up artist. She mentioned how difficult this quarantine/closure is for people in his profession. I don't doubt it, it's tough on most everyone, but make up artists aren't top of mind for me. Despite living in the 7th largest city this is not a complaint I've yet heard...they are out there but not part of my world, I guess. I truly feel for all affected. Joe bombed her first go at it, in some random room, and we got a good earful of his bloviation. Then in the 2nd try (live from the bedroom! I don't get why she doesn't do these from the official set. I'd never show my actual living spaces...but then, I'd never do these things at all.) we had to listen to a garbled mess of make up talk and she got to steal the spotlight as the guy was showing off his dog..."oh, look at me! Look at my new glasses." She acts just like a spoiled brat, and talks like one, too, with all the "likes" in every sentence. She is making the guy a feature on her KYV platform. It's weird to me that as a "champion" of women in the workplace, she now has featured 2 men, and she's a client of each. I imagine she has no women friends, or any that would consent to this stupidity. It is just kind of jarring that she can't dig up some everyday people from say restaurants, gyms, stores etc. (She did call out the young woman who wrote her last book with a comment like "oh, what are you doing on here...you have better things to do".) What mixed messages she sends.

• Love 3

Joe is upset at Cruz because he got caught  retweeting Jimmy Kimmel's edited video of VP Pence delivering PPE's in Virginia. Joe didn't realize that Kimmel had since apologized to the VP for the edited video which made Pence look bad . Joe finally agreed to delete his tweet.

Why didn't Joe's staff warn him about re tweeting Kimmel's erroneous tweet?

Millions of people rely on Joe's tweets for sophisticated & accurate analysis of political developments. Joe's retraction is embarrassing.

• Love 1

This Twitter Dust-up between two pretentious, politically-driven blowhards is an unexpected Mother's Day weekend gift.  I have to say, the "throwing her panties" was brilliant.  I would love to be in The Twins' kitchen/bedroom right now.  Meeka is urging Her Man to stand up for himself and Know! His! Value!  Meeka is probably having coffee cake or a bear claw.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Does anyone else find it weird Mika’s daughters got Mika/Bamba’s housekeeper (and their former nanny, IIRC) the same Mother’s Day gift as they got the woman who birthed them? I’ve seen her younger daughter leave passive aggressive, bordering on mean lol, comments on her IG that then disappear pretty quickly afterwards. 

• Love 1
On 5/10/2020 at 12:05 PM, XOQueens said:

Does anyone else find it weird Mika’s daughters got Mika/Bamba’s housekeeper (and their former nanny, IIRC) the same Mother’s Day gift as they got the woman who birthed them?

Yeah. But she not only birthed them, she humiliated them and ruined their family. She should be happy with her little daisy plant. She wouldn't get that much from me.

• Love 3
On 5/10/2020 at 1:05 PM, XOQueens said:

Does anyone else find it weird Mika’s daughters got Mika/Bamba’s housekeeper (and their former nanny, IIRC) the same Mother’s Day gift as they got the woman who birthed them? I’ve seen her younger daughter leave passive aggressive, bordering on mean lol, comments on her IG that then disappear pretty quickly afterwards. 

Mika's first book, All Things at Once , contains a passage where Mika complained about having to raise both her daughters without nannies while working. One day she dropped baby Carly ( the younger one) down the stairs and had to take her to the hospital.

Mika felt bad and her husband decided to get a nanny to raise her kids after that incident.

Carly was rushed to the hospital with head trauma. Luckily, she recovered from her injuries.

Mika used to complain on the show about Carly ordering pizza without her permission when she wasn't home to prepare dinner. Mika had argued that she left Carly a bowl of almonds with celery sticks for dinner, so there was no need to order pizza.

Mika also got mad at Carly for using Facebook when she was younger.

There was a segment on the show around 2010 with an expert on how to teach your kids to use Facebook with appropriate parental supervision.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

I do not get this at all.  The bowls are okay I guess, but wtf is the deal with that "bench". I guess my taste in art runs more to Monet, not chain sawing trees. 

It always drives me nuts because she has some cool stuff, but it’s never featured. The only thing she’s done that I don’t find derivative or plain are her massive crucifix pieces. Those are haunting and have so much interwar Central European influence that the rest of her stuff lacks. This utilitarian bench and bowl stuff is just boring.

• Love 3

Nick Offerman has a woodworking shop and he makes tables out of redwood, but he leaves the piece in tact. He also makes more traditional furniture. 

I saw a photo of what looked to be a grouping of pieces of wood on Mika's table that was okay I guess. 

Just not my cup of tea. or vodka

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Bill Maher did his New Rule final segment on this.  He said the hash tag should be "take accusations seriously".

Believe all women? I have three words for you.

Emmett Till's Accuser.  

• Love 4

Mika's hair & make up  IG Live. 

Mika I'm no Vidal Sassoon but I can guarantee if you'd lay off the  20 volume bleach, your hair wouldn't look like a pile of straw from a  bird's nest that fell out of the tree last February. 

Her bathroom is the size of my living room.  Little humble brag there, "oh here's my bathroom" 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 5/12/2020 at 10:35 AM, teddysmom said:

but wtf is the deal with that "bench".

That bench looks like about every single one found in our county and state parks. Some kind of Eagle Scout project circa 1975. Truly forgettable. Mika seems easily awed by some basic woodworking skills.  .

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I'll admit I didn't make it through the tutorial.  I about gave up when she was talking about... was it Dave? ... who invented "The Meeka"  - did I hear that correctly?  From what I heard, there was a lot of humble-bragging.  And she is wearing another ill-fitting shroud.  Does she have to get them extra large to accommodate The Bosoms?  And that is why they hang off the rest of her? I am begging someone in charge to make her get a better-fitting sweater or a blazer.  Someone on the other thread posted about Elizabeth Warren's go-to work outfit.  I think she wore black pants, black top and a colorful sweater over everything.  Or Rachel Maddow's perennial black blazer - it fits her well.  That is what makes the difference.  Well, that and the fact that she doesn't wear it over whatever-it-is Meeka wears hers over.

• Love 5
(edited)

Maybe someone needs to mention that there is spray, and other root cover-ups available.  She also needs to stop doing five pounds of eyeliner above and below her eye, it's harsh and aging.  I love the part with her hairdresser when he says he's been at his place in the country.  ALso, when people are probably going broke with closed salons, maybe discussing your root problem with a hairdresser, from his palatial estate in the country, from your luxurious master bathroom, then you screwed up. 

I've always had an issue about Mika focusing on diets, and what everyone eats.    I still remember a long time ago (previous marriage long ago) when she used to talk about running before the show, and she knew to the ounce how much she weighed.    Then she decided to gain a little, and said she wasn't food/diet focused any more, but she still new to the tenth of a pound how much she weighed.    That's not changing anything when you're still obsessed with every ounce. 

That bench looks horribly uncomfortable. 

How tone deaf does someone have to be to have their gigantic bathroom as a TV set?    It's as bad as that L.I. Medium woman broadcasting from a walk-in closet that's easily 1,000 square feet.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
(edited)

There is an IG for Mika,  i dont know if a fan runs it or what, but there is a photo of her sitting in a chair back in the day, she looks absolutely skeletal.  I had never noticed how thin she was I guess since we mostly saw her from the waist up.  

Joe's comment abt killing Lori and laughing abt it is abhorrent.  Can you imagine if her parents heard that? 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 5/13/2020 at 7:00 PM, Kemper said:

I'll admit I didn't make it through the tutorial.  I about gave up when she was talking about... was it Dave? ... who invented "The Meeka"  - did I hear that correctly?  From what I heard, there was a lot of humble-bragging.  And she is wearing another ill-fitting shroud.  Does she have to get them extra large to accommodate The Bosoms?  And that is why they hang off the rest of her? I am begging someone in charge to make her get a better-fitting sweater or a blazer.  Someone on the other thread posted about Elizabeth Warren's go-to work outfit.  I think she wore black pants, black top and a colorful sweater over everything.  Or Rachel Maddow's perennial black blazer - it fits her well.  That is what makes the difference.  Well, that and the fact that she doesn't wear it over whatever-it-is Meeka wears hers over.

My guess is that she doesn't know how to dress the bosom in the best way since she just got the implants a few years ago.  

I have a large bust and the best for work is something that fits kind of close but still has some pull, like a wool knit or nylon blend fabric.  Silk/ satin is a big no as the clinginess makes the bust look bigger.

If you wear something that is completely loose like Liz Warren, it hangs off the largest part of your bust and makes you look 20 pounds heavier.  Mika could still take that idea by wearing  different blazers that would look defined and give her a good shape.

The bottom line is she acts like she doesn't give a shit. 

Re: the Imus clip that Oakville posted.  Imus says that Joe JOKED that he had sex with the intern and had to kill her.  Joe laughs when Imus retells the story.  Joe is wrong for participating in a joke that was in terrible taste.   He should apologize for the joke.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 5/16/2020 at 11:21 AM, oakville said:

Joe's sense of humor is odd.

Maybe we can get this on an episode of Forensic Files. 

Joe may be a lot of things but I highly doubt he's a murderer. 

I wish this wouldn't be tweeted as a joke. It's not funny.  It's cruel. 

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

I didn’t think much could make me think less of Joe than I already do.

Then I heard him go in on that “joke.”

F- him.

I won't condemn or condone Joe's comments but I really think, for me, that this Imus clip is absurd because  it was pulled out of obscurity and recently posted by an alt right political activist and known conspiracy theorist.

What was his motivation? JMO fuck him.

Edited by tres bien
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, tres bien said:

I won't condemn or condone Joe's comments but I really think, for me, that this Imus clip is absurd because  it was pulled out of obscurity and recently posted by an alt right political activist and known conspiracy theorist.

What was his motivation? JMO fuck him.

Really? You won’t condemn Joe and Imus joking about a young woman’s death?

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, XOQueens said:

Really? You won’t condemn Joe and Imus joking about a young woman’s death?

I think I said that in my original post. I'm giving Joe the benefit of the doubt because I don't think he realized he made a totally inappropriate and cruel joke at the time. Imus was able to bring out the worst in himself and his guests everyday. And I hope Joe properly apologized for his reckless comment before now since the Imus incident was in 2003.

My second post was because I was pissed off that that video was posted here because it was recently posted by an alt right conspiracy theorist .

And don't get it. Is this guy trying to retaliate against Joe because he's a talk show host and has fairly liberal guests?

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, tres bien said:

I think I said that in my original post. I'm giving Joe the benefit of the doubt because I don't think he realized he made a totally inappropriate and cruel joke at the time. Imus was able to bring out the worst in himself and his guests everyday. And I hope Joe properly apologized for his reckless comment before now since the Imus incident was in 2003.

My second post was because I was pissed off that that video was posted here because it was recently posted by an alt right conspiracy theorist .

And don't get it. Is this guy trying to retaliate against Joe because he's a talk show host and has fairly liberal guests?

I agree that Joe got caught up in the moment.  Imus was very good at getting people to let their guard down.

I still think Joe should be embarrassed about the flippant attitude he displayed in talking about a deceased person.

Joe loves to run video and pick every remark apart.  Joe should be held to the standard he imposes on others.

• Love 7