Type keyword(s) to search

The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value

• Start Topic

Looks like Mika is paying attention. Made an Instagram post about getting flak for appearing on air with her hair clipped back after HRC won NH. She said she'd been "working around the clock" during that primary and didn't think twice, apparently, about her appearance on tv and just clipped it back. Her idea of working around the clock, which apparently meant watching tv election returns, differs from my idea. Your doctor may work around the clock, say getting called to OR at 3am, or you may work around the clock, say caring for an ill parent, but in both cases I'm certain both you and the doctor showed up to your jobs in the morning in a professional manner. She is so full of herself. 

• Love 2

It's on Twitter too. 

I saw the photo of her and IMO (YMV) she looks okay. It's not hosting the Today Show professional but considering how she normally shows up, it's not her worst look. 

But the fact that she's holding on to a comment from four years ago? 

If you're that worried about it, then do something about it.  Or just press reset and move on. 

• LOL 3

Just saw a little blurb on front page of this site. Brian Williams closing segment on 11th Hour. 

"The so-called coastal elites, including – let’s be honest – much of the mainstream media, people who are perhaps still coming to grips with Trump’s attraction, might have seen it early if they watched the show," Williams said.

Your move, Scarborough.  

• Love 5

There is a photo of Mika with Adriene and Susan in the article & the way Mika is sitting on that chair with this air of "look how I get people to kiss my ass" makes me want to punch her.  

Don't conflate success with winning.

Um, Mika?  Don't conflate people doing what you ask because Andy Lack forced them, to their buying into your half wit con. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Susan Del Percio is a KYV columnist?  For what?  For Meeka's KYV website or whatever it is that she shills?   For the Cosmo column?  Maybe that would explain why she (Susan D) always looks not happy or something.  Will the network's propping of Meeka and KYV ever stop?

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Susan Del Percio is a KYV columnist?  For what?  For Meeka's KYV website or whatever it is that she shills?   For the Cosmo column?  Maybe that would explain why she (Susan D) always looks not happy or something.  Will the network's propping of Meeka and KYV ever stop?

Del Percio has not been on the show for a few weeks. The show doesn't have enough Republican strategists giving Democrats advice on politics.

Mika's power at MSNBC C & NBC continues to grow. She might go after Savannah Guthrie & Hoda & get them to join KYV or else face Joe Scarborough's wrath!

• LOL 1
15 hours ago, teddysmom said:

There is a photo of Mika with Adriene and Susan in the article & the way Mika is sitting on that chair with this air of "look how I get people to kiss my ass" makes me want to punch her.  

Don't conflate success with winning.

Um, Mika?  Don't conflate people doing what you ask because Andy Lack forced them, to their buying into your half wit con. 

It's good that they cropped out the ankle shackles in that picture with Meeks.

• LOL 4
21 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Mika doesn't belong in that photo. At. All. To get back to the predictable thing...her whole KYV  shtick is beyond predictable. Boring, superficial little stories of "empowerment", also known as boring, superficial little stories of women working. It's hard to believe that she can sit there every morning, scrolling through her phone when the camera's on someone else, and then act like she knows nothing about popular culture, which I'm sure is what she's looking at on the phone. Tiresome. I hope the end is near for that charade.   

• Love 6
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe dominated the conversation during Mika's black dress with sneakers empowerment seminar!

Talk about a picture being worth 1,000 words.  Couldn't the Atlantic Festival have found a more appropriate/equal shot of both of them?  Ouch.

• Love 5

Yeah, sure she forgot her heels. Who believes that? Just a way for her to call attention to herself. I couldn't stomach the entire interview but what I saw of her was truly uninspired...making me think her shoes were all she's got. Why do people pay these 2 dolts to just repeat the same crap Joe spouts every morning? 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Yeah, sure she forgot her heels. Who believes that? Just a way for her to call attention to herself. I couldn't stomach the entire interview but what I saw of her was truly uninspired...making me think her shoes were all she's got. Why do people pay these 2 dolts to just repeat the same crap Joe spouts every morning? 

Seriously, this is such a load.  Back in the day, I noticed my watch stopped on the way to work (this was before smart phones) so I swung by Walmart on my way in as a watch was critical to my job.  I would also argue that if I noticed on the way in I had accidently grabbed navy blue shoes and had on a black suit, I would have swung by said Walmart for whatever black pumps I could find as for me you need to look put together to project to your team/peers you are together.  I would have cut off my feet before I would appear as she did on a public stage like that.

Edited by Chloesmom
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, plumbago blues said:

I agree that it was a staged event by Mika. Mika & Joe used to have different opinions on issues until they got engaged.

• Love 3

I hate to break this to Meeks....but wearing your flats/sneakers to work is not something that she has discovered and can promote.    Most every woman commuter in almost any city does this.   They carry their heels in a tote bag or keep a pair of heels or nice flats in their desk drawer.  How do the other female anchors at the network tolerate her and appear in pictures and seminars helping promote her vanity project. 

She has been propped all her life....first, her well-connected family giving her a "name" to land jobs and get into college.  Then her falling into MJ (via her late night "newsreading" - again, due to her name), marrying the boss and getting ALL the perks.  Has she ever really achieved anything on her own?  But I have a grudging admiration (well, not really) for this bleached blonde bobblehead's ability to fool so many people part of the time.  But not us...right? 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Kemper said:

I hate to break this to Meeks....but wearing your flats/sneakers to work is not something that she has discovered and can promote.    Most every woman commuter in almost any city does this.   They carry their heels in a tote bag or keep a pair of heels or nice flats in their desk drawer.  How do the other female anchors at the network tolerate her and appear in pictures and seminars helping promote her vanity project. 

She has been propped all her life....first, her well-connected family giving her a "name" to land jobs and get into college.  Then her falling into MJ (via her late night "newsreading" - again, due to her name), marrying the boss and getting ALL the perks.  Has she ever really achieved anything on her own?  But I have a grudging admiration (well, not really) for this bleached blonde bobblehead's ability to fool so many people part of the time.  But not us...right? 

So true Kemper.  Meeks and her ilk will never have enough.  You can never do enough for them and whatever you do do isn't right anyway.  There is never enough light shining on them.  The entire planet is having a world class event in narcissisms and unfortunately for Meeks she is once again just a bit player on the stage.

But at least she has access to comfy shoes.

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Chloesmom said:

But at least she has access to comfy shoes.

I imagine there was a time when her intern/slave would catch hell for not packing her dress heels. Now that Mika is so desperate for attention, she deliberately showed up with those clodhoppers to make some kind of (irrelevant) statement. Ain't woman's lib grand? What a trail blazer that one is.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 2/22/2020 at 10:21 AM, plumbago blues said:

I imagine there was a time when her intern/slave would catch hell for not packing her dress heels. Now that Mika is so desperate for attention, she deliberately showed up with those clodhoppers to make some kind of (irrelevant) statement. Ain't woman's lib grand? What a trail blazer that one is.

Couldn't agree more unfortunately . . . ugh!

• Love 2

So is Forbes paying Mika to produce a 50 over 50 analysis of women over the age of 50 who have "made it?"  Or is she peripherally involved?
How does she sell her transparently thin schtick to people?  Are we that starving for content?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Yesterday Mika posted a bunch of Instagram stories that were promo photos of A Joe’s band, where she had drawn hearts all over them - like she was a 12 year old girl with her first crush. Maybe they are samples of her on-air doodles.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Mark Halperin in:  "Why Does All The Bad Stuff Happen to Me"  (From this web site) 

Mark Halperin says murderers are treated more fairly than "canceled" people

The disgraced former NBC News and MSNBC pundit, who also lost gigs at HBO and Showtime after allegations of past sexual misconduct at ABC News surfaced in fall 2017, spoke about being "canceled" last week in the basement of a small theater in San Francisco at an event organized by Upright Position Communications. “It’s akin to being a refugee, or being in some other situation where you’re constantly under pressure and can’t stop to, unless you’re a super strong person, you can’t stop to try to rebuild that kind of confidence and self-worth that is required,” Halperin said. He added that “I haven’t had a job interview in two years,” noting that he's applied for jobs at Target and at restaurants.

Raise your hand if you believe Mark Halperin applied for a job at Target, I have a bridge you might be interested in purchasing. 

Hey Mark! Now you know how a young woman feels when her older male boss, or just a male colleague suggests she meet with him so he can help her with her career, and it ends up being just an excuse for him to masturbate in front of her, or throw another woman up against a window in a restaurant when she rebukes his attempt to kiss her, or that other time when he threatens to destroy a woman's career. 

Kinda takes your trust in others, self confidence and self worth a while to recover. 

Fuck off you piece of shit. 

Here's the entire article from Mother Jones. It was a talk set up by a PR firm, three journalists showed up , the rest of the audience was employees of the PR firm.  

Why didn't Mika think of this? Have Mark come out at your next KYV shaminar. "Surprise Ladies!! We're going to help Mark learn how to talk to women without rubbing up against them!!" 

https://www.motherjones.com/media/2020/02/mark-halperin-metoo-cancel-culture/

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Are we that starving for content?

I'd replace "we" for they. The self absorbed media elite is just a group of ego's all patting themselves on the back. Creating these useless projects so they can have cocktail parties and swoon over themselves.

I'm so over Halperin...now with a second apology tour. Cry me a river. Frankly, he  should be applying at Target and McD's or any similar entry level position and be happy and just disappear from public life. He needs to accept that his actions have consequences and one of them is that he is no longer a part of the aforementioned media elite. (Also another example of them being so starved for content they'll throw him a bone at one of their "events" every now and then so he can whimper.) Enough.

• Love 3

Women went to work, like usual, like they were expected to do, and before the day was over Halperin rubbed his penis on them.

He's lucky that there's still enough of him left to apply at Target. Fuck. Him. And fuck that simpering pile of affectations AKA Joe's most recent piece of ass. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Mark Halperin in:  "Why Does All The Bad Stuff Happen to Me"  (From this web site) 

Mark Halperin says murderers are treated more fairly than "canceled" people

The disgraced former NBC News and MSNBC pundit, who also lost gigs at HBO and Showtime after allegations of past sexual misconduct at ABC News surfaced in fall 2017, spoke about being "canceled" last week in the basement of a small theater in San Francisco at an event organized by Upright Position Communications. “It’s akin to being a refugee, or being in some other situation where you’re constantly under pressure and can’t stop to, unless you’re a super strong person, you can’t stop to try to rebuild that kind of confidence and self-worth that is required,” Halperin said. He added that “I haven’t had a job interview in two years,” noting that he's applied for jobs at Target and at restaurants.

Raise your hand if you believe Mark Halperin applied for a job at Target, I have a bridge to sell you might be interested in. 

Hey Mark! Now you know how a young woman feels when her older male boss, or just a male colleague suggests she meet with him so he can help her with her career, and it ends up being just an excuse for him to masturbate in front of her, or throw another woman up against a window in a restaurant when she rebukes his attempt to kiss her, or that other time when he threatens to destroy a woman's career. 

Kinda takes your trust in others, self confidence and self worth a while to recover. 

Why didn't Mika think of this? Have Mark come out at your next KYV shaminar. "Surprise Ladies!! We're going to help Mark learn how to talk to women without rubbing up against them!!" 

https://www.motherjones.com/media/2020/02/mark-halperin-metoo-cancel-culture/

Thanks for the link !.

Mika & Joe did try to help Halperin get a podcast on the 2018 mid terms but were overruled by the network.

• Love 2

These "media elites" are an incestuous bunch, aren't they?  Friend of Show - John Meachum writes a book.  Then spends hours on each of the network's shows promoting the book.  Same with all of them.  Every show on MSNBC has the same guests, more or less.  The people who are on MJ in the morning appear on many of the other shows that same day.  Saying the same things, wringing their hands the same way, pontificating the same things.  Chris Matthews was allowed to shill his Kennedy book over and over again for what seemed like weeks. 

Other than Chris Matthews, Meeka is probably the worst of the bunch.  Given hours of Show  time every day to push her vanity project.  Oddly enough, has she appeared on many of the other shows to push it ?  Left her cozy, cosseted lair in Florida to sit with Rachel, Andrea, Katy, Kasie H, etc?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

These "media elites" are an incestuous bunch, aren't they?  Friend of Show - John Meachum writes a book.  Then spends hours on each of the network's shows promoting the book.  Same with all of them.  Every show on MSNBC has the same guests, more or less.  The people who are on MJ in the morning appear on many of the other shows that same day.  Saying the same things, wringing their hands the same way, pontificating the same things.  Chris Matthews was allowed to shill his Kennedy book over and over again for what seemed like weeks. 

Other than Chris Matthews, Meeka is probably the worst of the bunch.  Given hours of Show  time every day to push her vanity project.  Oddly enough, has she appeared on many of the other shows to push it ?  Left her cozy, cosseted lair in Florida to sit with Rachel, Andrea, Katy, Kasie H, etc?

I agree. I find it hilarious that Mika always appears with Joe to plug her books on women's empowerment. !

Mika should have her co authors appear with her when promoting the book.

Is she afraid to promote her book on her own ?

Is Joe worried that other men will flirt with her if he isn't around to protect her ?

• Love 1

I am thinking that Meeka knows that without him at her "side" ... people won't pay attention.  He does okay on his own (but nowadays she is always with him) ... but she isn't.  Can't think on her feet all that well; and is a sour pain-in-the-ass on her own.  I will lap from my saucer of milk now.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I am thinking that Meeka knows that without him at her "side" ... people won't pay attention.  He does okay on his own (but nowadays she is always with him) ... but she isn't.  Can't think on her feet all that well; and is a sour pain-in-the-ass on her own.  I will lap from my saucer of milk now.

Nailed it, Kemper. She is lost without a prop, She likes to act all bossy and controlling on her platforms but she is helpless in real-time. There is certainly no "there" there.  (BTW hope the Mr. is doing well...thinking of you both.)

• Love 4

Can't think on her feet all that wel

Since she is so vacuous on her own I have become convinced that when she furiously scribbles on her note pad that she is taking dictation from the control room.  A few days ago during a discussion during which she had offered nothing of substance I noticed her eyes darting around, she then began scribbling on the note pad and then interrupted the conversation.

Does she know that her value is zero?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Since she is so vacuous on her own I have become convinced that when she furiously scribbles on her note pad that she is taking dictation from the control room.  A few days ago during a discussion during which she had offered nothing of substance I noticed her eyes darting around, she then began scribbling on the note pad and then interrupted the conversation.

Does she know that her value is zero?

Most people like Mika tend to think they're brilliant.   I will say this, whoever Joe hired as her publicist to push that KYV crap earns every dime they make.  I cannot believe any serious person publication or company would give her the time of day, but she keeps showing up spouting her "White Girls Got it Hard" pity party bullshit. 

Reinvent yourself, push reset, laugh it off, don't wear high heels, dance like nobody's watching. Marry a rich bully and sit back while your minions do all the work and as long as your husband's boss is still at the network, your coworkers are forced to take part in your little ego trip. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, tres bien said:

I honestly think Mika was salivating this morning when talking about Mayor Pete. Could she be thinking,  maybe he could be my fist male KYV recruit?

I wonder if Mika would start doing a KYV for males.

Didn't she try working on being a mediator for Mark Halperin & his female victims ?

She worked closely with Charlie Rose at CBS & must know Matt Lauer.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, oakville said:

I wonder if Mika would start doing a KYV for males.

Nah.  The point of KYV is that men innately understand their value and it's up to women to copy men's confidence in the work place.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Hey look you guys!! Joe & Mika did a little skit!!   Also: wordplay Deprecation-Depreciation.  She must have been up all night coming up with that one. 

If I ever went in to talk to my boss or male coworker and acted like that, they'd look at me like I had two heads. 

Who are these women (other than Dipshit here) who talk to men like that??  

• LOL 5

His sudden signoff, though negotiated with senior network executives, came as a shock to some of Mr. Matthews’s most prominent on-air colleagues. Steve Kornacki, the anchor tasked with hosting the remainder of Monday’s “Hardball” episode, appeared stunned as the show returned from a commercial break.

“Um, that was a lot to take in,” Mr. Kornacki said, his eyes wide. “I’m sure you’re still absorbing that, and I am, too.”

The anchor and correspondent Katy Tur posted a note on Twitter about Mr. Matthews’s departure and added the caption: “Wait. What?”

An MSNBC spokesman said on Monday that a rotating series of hosts would fill Mr. Matthews’s time slot until a permanent replacement was found.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/02/business/media/chris-matthews-resigns-steps-down-msnbc.html

• Love 1
23 hours ago, oakville said:

I honestly think Mika was salivating this morning when talking about Mayor Pete. Could she be thinking,  maybe he could be my fist male KYV recruit?

Could be, but I think Beto's more her style. Pete appears principled and smart.

• Love 2

WTF with that video?? Was that all there was? Coming to your boss all sorry and childish and unprofessional versus scheduling a time and respecting that her boss may have real work to do and not care about her "big ask" of if we can wear flip flops and eat cake on Fridays? Shouldn't there be a before/self deprecating example and then an after/correct interaction example? Doesn't anyone review this shit before she posts? What a moron. (Wonder how many takes there were of her sputtering those 2 new vocabulary words?)

• Love 3

58 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

WTF with that video?? Was that all there was? Coming to your boss all sorry and childish and unprofessional versus scheduling a time and respecting that her boss may have real work to do and not care about her "big ask" of if we can wear flip flops and eat cake on Fridays? Shouldn't there be a before/self deprecating example and then an after/correct interaction example? Doesn't anyone review this shit before she posts? What a moron. (Wonder how many takes there were of her sputtering those 2 new vocabulary words?)

"I'm on the phone with the coast".  What is this 1962?  Who talks like that? 

Thanks, oakville for posting that link to the GQ article.

I had forgotten about all the stuff Matthews has said about Hillary, but I don't watch at all anymore because he's such a jackass toward his guests. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Big applause for Kornacki. Job well done!

He had read the writing on the wall on Monday and had predicted Tuesday's results.  

Edited by tres bien
Meant to post in show topic
  • Love 3

I don't know maybe it's me, but if my Mother wrote my sister a nine page letter describing how my niece behaved it would be full of "Sean is so beautiful and funny, tonight she read "Hop on Pop" to Grandpa Bud and then made us watch Little Mermaid 3 times. Not  - your daughters are unruly brats and it's your fault.   The instagram has more about how some photo of Mika showed up on a Polish magazine and Bebop or whatever she calls her mother WAS NOT HAPPY.  

• Love 2

Wow. That letter about Mika's cover shot was harsh. Can only imagine what she said about the "Legs in the air Mika" photo. I liked Mika's old hair style and color. She looks so cold and steely/dismissive currently. Very unpleasant look now.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, plumbago blues said:

Wow. That letter about Mika's cover shot was harsh. Can only imagine what she said about the "Legs in the air Mika" photo. I liked Mika's old hair style and color. She looks so cold and steely/dismissive currently. Very unpleasant look now.

Did you find a link to it? I couldn't find one. 

1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Did you find a link to it? I couldn't find one. 

You can use the link in your post, blue letters that start with instagram.com/p ...

Use the side arrows to see Bebop's note and the mag cover with YUK scrawled across it. I see nothing wrong with the hairstyle in the photo. Bebop is a piece of work! She reminds me of the cranky old Finns in my tree. This sheds some light on why Scoop is who she is.