Type keyword(s) to search

The Starling City Times: News and Media about Arrow

Grammaeryn
  • Start Topic

What connection does Laurel have with Barry though? Even Roy who is on Team Arrow wont be appearing at least going by the table read pic. 

double post lol? Yeah that's why I'm saying that the 3 most important/relevant characters are appearing in The Flash cross-over. So even Roy, who is on Team Arrow, who I initially thought might show up in the Flash cross-over, because h's kind of a vigilante, isn't appearing. I'm just trying to say that DIggle isn't being sidelines for Laurel or whatever. If they were trying to over-push Laurel they would find out a way for her to be in cross-over I'll bet. Her mom does live in Central City. 

Edited by ban1o

So i am not sure how they will handle Barrys identity, but would they just reveal it to Roy & Laurel? I dont think Roy knows Barry either. We can still get bunch of Laurel heavy episodes after the Christmas, similar to last season. 

Edited by Velocity23

So i am not sure how they will handle Barrys identity, but would they just reveal it to Roy & Laurel? I dont think Roy knows Barry either. We can still get bunch of Laurel heavy episodes after the Christmas, similar to last season. 

mmm that's true. I'm assuming Felicity and Diggle know but what about Roy and Laurel? I'm assuming Roy and Laurel will be in the Arrow portion of the Flash crossover so I wonder how much they will interact with Barry. 

Flash has its own topic.  Felicity has her own topic.  I want to nip this in the bud now before it gets out of hand.

Many of you remember this (and thank you!), but this topic is about Arrow News and Media.  

• Love 1

Yeah that's why I'm saying that the 3 most important/relevant characters are appearing in The Flash cross-over. So even Roy, who is on Team Arrow, who I initially thought might show up in the Flash cross-over, because h's kind of a vigilante, isn't appearing. I'm just trying to say that DIggle isn't being sidelines for Laurel or whatever. If they were trying to over-push Laurel they would find out a way for her to be in cross-over I'll bet. Her mom does live in Central City. 

I'd say the three Arrow characters who appear on The Flash in the cross-over episode are there not because of their importance to the show Arrow, but because they're the only ones Barry Allen, Caitlin or Frisco have met.  Laurel could still be all over that, doing all the work back in Starling City.

I'm willing to entertain the idea that the people who made the poster did it divorced from communication with the EPs, although that's sloppy network running because it seems like the poster would be an ideal time to say something about the show and what it's about.  But then, the quality of the poster itself is so far from professional, the CW should be embarrassed.

Edited by statsgirl

So, looks like the CW is going for the fan made poster. It'll be fun to see what people submit, but I would appreciate a better, more professional, poster from the CW. 

http://thecwarrow.tumblr.com/post/97830624576/lets-see-your-fan-art-submit-your-best-arrow

ETA: Wow. I just noticed the tags on the post. Way to leave someone off. I mean, I know I'm biased, but the official Tumblr? Ouch.

Edited by calliope1975

I can't believe anyone liked that poster. It sucked.

MMm a lot of people on comic-book sites seemed to like it, from the comments I've read. 

So, looks like the CW is going for the fan made poster. It'll be fun to see what people submit, but I would appreciate a better, more professional, poster from the CW. 

http://thecwarrow.tumblr.com/post/97830624576/lets-see-your-fan-art-submit-your-best-arrow

ETA: Wow. I just noticed the tags on the post. Way to leave someone off. I mean, I know I'm biased, but the official Tumblr? Ouch.

I posted this on the social media cast thread but I guess it's more fitting here. These are the types of posters people are submitting https://www.facebook.com/CWArrow/photos/a.132531336884907.23870.104137579724283/458421464295891/?type=1&fref=nf 

Edited by ban1o

Dont they have to submit it at the tumblr page? 

http://thecwarrow.tumblr.com/submit

So whatever they post on facebook might not even be submitted. 

yeah but I don't really know how tumblr woks lol. I just assumed the same type of posters would be submitted to both. Hopefully the ones on the tumblr page is actually good if they plan on using it for the second poster lol.  

OMG I just noticed what you guys were talking about with the lack of Laurel tag lol. I wonder if that was a mistake or they actually just didn't think there was a point to put her there, 

Edited by ban1o

Nothing unusual for Arrow tumblr account. Its an Olicity/TeamArrow sometimes haven with an occasional Sara post, and even more rare Laurel post. 

aah ok They had Roy/Arsenal as well so I thought that was weird. But makes sense.

They had a meme on the CW tumbler right after SDCC that was hilarious but they took it down right away. I wish I had saved it because I never saw it after. The meme was of Felicity, Diggle and Oliver in the arrow cave looking at Laurel and Oliver was telling her she wasn't welcome in the arrow cave. One of the tags said #meangirls team arrow. Whoever is running that is definitely biased.

Edited by willpwr
  • Love 1

They had a meme on the CW tumbler right after SDCC that was hilarious but they took it down right away. I wish I had saved it because I never saw it after. The meme was of Felicity, Diggle and Oliver in the arrow cave looking at Laurel and Oliver was telling her she wasn't welcome in the arrow cave. One of the tags said #meangirls team arrow. Whoever is running that is definitely biased.

Does the arrow marketing team actually run the tumblr page? I don`t think the marketing department should be that biased against one of the show`s main characters lol. 

The tumblr is super bias and while its fun to laugh it, i don't think its the smartest move. It gives the audience reason to alienate Laurel further.

Also, I saw a fan poster where they put Diggle in Laurel's place and Sara in full costume where Diggle was. It is awesome.

I really like SA, but DR and EBR are totally my favorites. They don't get involved with any of the fan drama. They seem to just love and understand their characters. And they always look like they are having a blast.

• Love 9

4 season 2 deleted scenes  http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=107835

The tumblr is super bias and while its fun to laugh it, i don't think its the smartest move. It gives the audience reason to alienate Laurel further.

Also, I saw a fan poster where they put Diggle in Laurel's place and Sara in full costume where Diggle was. It is awesome.

Sara's photoshop was horrible in that poster lol. 

Edited by ban1o

This is an interesting deleted scene. I guess it was supposed to be a hallucination about what he wish he did. I can see why they deleted it though. 

Edited by ban1o

My last post about the poster - It's possible that the images used for Felicity and Laurel in the Season 3 poster are in response to some flack about the Season 2 poster which used sexed-up images of Felicity and Laurel.  So in the Season 3 poster, Felicity is wearing a demure dress, while Laurel is wearing a lawyer-like pantsuit.

Yeah they were always going to have 2 posters. I don't think this had anything to do with the outcry. IT's also almost exactly like the first one expect only Oliver so it isn't like it's fanmade. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

Felicity was wearing pants and a sweater in season 2 poster! How was that sexed up?

She was rocking glorious-looking sex hair.

Kidding. Not about her hair looking absolutely gorgeous but the sex part. She was, most certainly, not sexed-up in the S2 poster. I think the only skin you could see on her was her hands, the top of her feet, part of her neck, and her face. Laurel, OTH, was wearing a blue boob window dress.

ETA: Wearing skinny jeans, stilettos, removing her glasses, or not putting Felicity's hair in a ponytail is not exactly my definition of sexed-up. But YMMV, I guess.

Edited by SleepDeprived
  • Love 1

It's comparative. It wasn't a look people were used to seeing on Felicity (this was before the boob window dresses). People were upset that she was being glamorized up instead of how they'd been used to seeing her. Losing the ponytail and glasses did not help that impression.

Also, yes. Of course MMV but my impression has always been that the skinny jeans and stilettos thing is supposed to be a "sexy" look.

Edited by Starfish35

Video with Colton and Emily 

Old interview lol there's another interview where they are wearing the exact same clothes for the European tour the went on in June. 

Edited by ban1o

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I cant recall any poster with Felicity that has her with the ponytail and glasses. Even when she wears the boob window dress she sports the ponytail and glasses. I think that is main issue for me. The ponytail and glasses are her trademark. It would be like never showing Oliver with his bow.

• Love 1

I agree with that. The ponytail and glasses are kind of her signature look, and it's annoying that they keep refusing to put them on the posters. Although in fairness (sort of) part of that probably is because they didn't do a new photoshoot this year.

Which actually was part of the problem with that first poster. It's obvious that the pics used for Laurel and Diggle are from a completely different set than the others - they're not as grainy, for one thing.

I know but i think it was uploaded sometimes this week. Seems they are only now publishing it now in for British fans. They talk about how it will be the season of lies. And Willas hour, and that Emily reads a lot of comics. 

Edited by Velocity23

Colton and Emily are so cute in that interview.  (They're wearing the same clothes as they wore for one that came out shortly after their European tour so it's probably from the same time.

They play off each other really well, like real friends.  It's funny to hear Colton tease her about all the comic books she reads and how well she knows the comic book universe, given ... cough, cough.

Does Emily wear glasses for realz?  She's wearing some in the read-through picture on this page.

Does Emily wear glasses for realz?  She's wearing some in the read-through picture on this page.

She does, her twitter bio says "I wanted to be an astronaut and then I got glasses". I do believe it is a recent thing though?